Hyperion VS Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Hyperion

VS

Silver Surfer

Crimson or Cosmic?

dial J for Josh
Oh dear... Lord of Brooklyn what madness have you started?

Batman-Prime
By feats Surfer, by implications Hyperion

eaebiakuya
Silver Surfer.

kgkg
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
By feats Surfer, by implications Hyperion What implications?

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by kgkg
What implications?

The implications of Hyperion being possibly one of the most powerful heralds in the Marvel Universe due to his initial feat. So due to implications Hyperion but it is too early to tell so by feats all together surfer... For now.

leonidas
for always. ss MAY be second to thor, (imminently debatable, as always) but no way hype conclusively surpasses either one as marvel's #1 power. i highly doubt you'll see him beat hulk conclusively. imo, no way hype lives up to his initial....hype. his feat will be a one-off, dramatic outlier or it will be explained away at some point in the future. i'd bet my collection on that, but since it can't be borne out for a long while, no choice but to wait and see what feats he builds up in the meantime.

dial J for Josh
Nothing I can say only time will tell.

pym-ftw
Surfer for now.

celeyhyga17
Surfer

Odekahn
Surfer

abhilegend
Surfer.

Mindset
Hyperion.

Carver should be in here shortly to post scans showing why he wins.

Mshinu
Hype wins. Norrin fails to even bruise him as he is no SENTRY.

dmills
Originally posted by Mindset
Hyperion.

laughing out loud

dial J for Josh
Hyperion.

Lol I wanted to say it so badly but held myself back! You so read my mind.

carver9
Hyperion.

laughing out loud

Ambient
Surfer for majority....

dial J for Josh
lol Carver actually just inspired me. Before joining this site I remember reading a thread months ago (can't remember which one) where Carver said these exact words "This new Hyperion is above every herald" so because of your reliable, declaritive words, im switching my answer to Hype. Lets go!

The Sorrow
Hyperion has potential hopefully he isn't resigned to being a background jobber for the Avengers. His feat in his 1st appearance was impressive, defeating HE and Terminus, also shrugging off Thor's lightning etc. Needs more feats though to say he beats Norrin.

zopzop
I don't see Surfer losing even one match vs Hyperion.

RockofAges
Im throwing my lot in with Hyperion.

janus77
One really good feat for Hyperion, otherwise he's done nothing to put him up there with Surfer.

Surfer wins 9/10.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by zopzop

Warlord
Well he also one shot a Terminus for those who knwo what it is.
Still he ain't beating Norin for a majority

RockofAges
Originally posted by janus77
One really good feat for Hyperion, otherwise he's done nothing to put him up there with Surfer.

Surfer wins 9/10.

And I'm sure that opinion comes from a perfectly non-biased point of view without any leanings toward the silver surfer.

janus77
Originally posted by RockofAges
And I'm sure that opinion comes from a perfectly non-biased point of view without any leanings toward the silver surfer.
Surfer's manhandled Hulk, there's no reason for him to struggle with Hyperion.

RockofAges
Surfer has 'manhandled' Hulk? Exactly what level of Hulk are we talking about here and under what circumstances? And if you know Hyperion then you by chance know King Hyperion and other iterations of Hyperion and not just the Marvel Now version traipsing about in Avengers?

An eye laser to Hulk is all well and good, but that's hardly his most impressive feat to date. I have to say that Hyperion takes surfer. Surfer has done nothing to convince me otherwise, and his showing in infinity is just sad.

The Sorrow
Surfer's manhandled Hulk, there's no reason for him to struggle with Hyperion.
Only time Surfer has manhandled the Hulk is in their 2nd (?) encounter back in the 60's when he stacked the Hulk's power onto his own. If anything it's Surfer who is usually manhandled when they come to blows and chooses to drain Hulk instead of engaging him. I doubt you would see Surfer go toe to toe with Hulk like Hyperion did.

janus77
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Only time Surfer has manhandled the Hulk is in their 2nd (?) encounter back in the 60's when he stacked the Hulk's power onto his own. If anything it's Surfer who is usually manhandled when they come to blows and chooses to drain Hulk instead of engaging him. I doubt you would see Surfer go toe to toe with Hulk like Hyperion did.
Surfer has shown on-panel, that he can tank a barrage from Bannerless Hulk (who he could have killed). And he's manhandled Abomination and Savage Hulk before.

Physically Surfer should be more than able to withstand anything Hyperion brings. He's no Tenebrous or Aegis and this fight isn't going to happen somewhere where Surfer's going to be crippled by Galactus' Earth-binding thing (as seems to be happening now in Infinity).

Current Hulk didn't really get into a fight with Hyperion, a couple of blows and that whilst under mind control. So I wouldn't use that as a demonstration of Hyperion's supposed power...

Also, Surfer has the tools to take Hyperion apart at the cellular, energy and atomic levels, if he so chooses. And he clearly has more of a willingness to kill nowadays.

janus77
Surfer has 'manhandled' Hulk? Exactly what level of Hulk are we talking about here and under what circumstances? And if you know Hyperion then you by chance know King Hyperion and other iterations of Hyperion and not just the Marvel Now version traipsing about in Avengers?

An eye laser to Hulk is all well and good, but that's hardly his most impressive feat to date. I have to say that Hyperion takes surfer. Surfer has done nothing to convince me otherwise, and his showing in infinity is just sad.
Surfer's tanked Bannerless Hulk. Literally just stood there, monologuing, whilst Hulk hammered away. Far more power than Savage Hulk, just as futile.

Surfer's a bit harsher with Hulk, than he is with any other Earth hero. I think in part because his Power Cosmic allows him to see the power he's fighting against.

Surfer also took on Green Scar AND the Warbound, and was winning (though, obviously Hulk was weakened on Sakaar and Green Scar wasn't about to lose just yet).

The only reason that fight ended with Surfer getting beat up, was that Norrin freed everyone and Hulk attacked him in an OOC moment (Hulk had previously been shown to be reasonable all throughout the arc, and was indeed shown to be reasonable afterwards too).

RockofAges
Surfer's original fight with Tenebrous and Aegis had him get badly wrecked and wind up in the hands of Annihilus. It was hardly a fight and more of a merciless beat down.

His second fight with them had him using the crunch as a weapon to defeat them. That hardly counts, as it was not of his own power.

Hyperion is almost unkillable, as even if dismembered or ripped apart his cells, even while individually separate continue to absorb solar energy and he will eventually be reconstructed

His strength is practically limitless and his skin is essentially impervious to both physical and energy attacks. Put all that together and I see a surfer-killing machine.

The Sorrow
Surfer has shown on-panel, that he can tank a barrage from Bannerless Hulk (who he could have killed). And he's manhandled Abomination and Savage Hulk before.

Physically Surfer should be more than able to withstand anything Hyperion brings. He's no Tenebrous or Aegis and this fight isn't going to happen somewhere where Surfer's going to be crippled by Galactus' Earth-binding thing (as seems to be happening now in Infinity).

Current Hulk didn't really get into a fight with Hyperion, a couple of blows and that whilst under mind control. So I wouldn't use that as a demonstration of Hyperion's supposed power...

Also, Surfer has the tools to take Hyperion apart at the cellular, energy and atomic levels, if he so chooses. And he clearly has more of a willingness to kill nowadays.
Well Hulk was already dying at the time so that's not really a feat, his durability was lower than normal yet he still powered through Surfers blasts and knocked him around. I would actually like to see them have a real fight but they are friends so it likely won't be happening anytime soon.

True, but Surfer has never been able to go toe to toe with Hulk in anyway, shape or form except in Planet Hulk where the playing field was much even. Hyperion is physically more powerful than Norrin but as to how he would cope with the rest of his powers we would need more feats to judge which I guess is why pretty much everyone, including myself picks Surfer as of now.

LordofBrooklyn

LIES!

LYING LIES!

JayDaDon

Hypes feats just don't match up to Surfer's. And one great feat doesn't bridge that gap. Also Surfer is supposed to be weakened in that infinity issue.

vince_slice

Surfer one-shot killed dozens of Alephs in Infinity. He did this while being light years away from Earth. Everyone knows Galactus tied his power to Earth so the further he's from Earth the weaker he is. How is this a pathetic showing?

zopzop
Originally posted by vince_slice
Surfer one-shot killed dozens of Alephs in Infinity. He did this while being light years away from Earth. Everyone knows Galactus tied his power to Earth so the further he's from Earth the weaker he is. How is this a pathetic showing?
Their excuse is, Hickman isn't following continuity so Surfer isn't weakened.

vince_slice
Their excuse is, Hickman isn't following continuity so Surfer isn't weakened.
Funny because Surfer's Infinite comic isn't even written by Hickman.

RockofAges
The fact remains that I've seen Silver Surfer defeated on more than one occasion. Silver Surfer even has trouble agaisnt Nova when the full Nova force is being held back by the world mind, much less when it's all released.

Hyperion on the other hand I've never once seen beaten in a fight. Not even during Exiles, which was one of his longest runs. Ive never once had any proof that Hyperion can be stopped, and it's been stated several times that he's invincible. Not just during Exiles, but during Avengers as well as Superior Spider Man Team Up.

And one shotting Alephs is hardly anything special, even Cap has done it with his shield.

Batman-Prime
Hyperion seems quite powerful but give him some time and he will get his share of low feats like the other Superman clones (Gladiator, Sentry...)

I think he is a solid Herald level being, in the league with Thor and Surfer, but those two are the most prominent and thus should take a slight majority.

RockofAges
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Hyperion seems quite powerful but give him some time and he will get his share of low feats like the other Superman clones (Gladiator, Sentry...)

I think he is a solid Herald level being, in the league with Thor and Surfer, but those two are the most prominent and thus should take a slight majority.

Regardless of who is more prominent or not, all that matters is what happens in comics.

And while most of you people may not know Hyperion beyond his sudden appearance in the main series of avengers, I have been reading on Hyperion in comics for a long, long while. And he takes surfer. I have no doubt.

JayDaDon
So your argument is basically a no limits fallacy?

ODG
The fact remains that I've seen Silver Surfer defeated on more than one occasion. Silver Surfer even has trouble agaisnt Nova when the full Nova force is being held back by the world mind, much less when it's all released.

Hyperion on the other hand I've never once seen beaten in a fight. Not even during Exiles, which was one of his longest runs. Ive never once had any proof that Hyperion can be stopped, and it's been stated several times that he's invincible. Not just during Exiles, but during Avengers as well as Superior Spider Man Team Up.

And one shotting Alephs is hardly anything special, even Cap has done it with his shield. I was under the impression Surfer beat Nova Prime.

Different Hyperion.

Apparently not. En masse, they can seemingly destroy a planet though.

leonidas
gladiator beat the old hyperion straight up. thor has done likewise, so not sure where the idea that he's never been beaten before comes from.....

Stoic
Regardless of who is more prominent or not, all that matters is what happens in comics.

And while most of you people may not know Hyperion beyond his sudden appearance in the main series of avengers, I have been reading on Hyperion in comics for a long, long while. And he takes surfer. I have no doubt.

This isn't the same Hyperion that you have read about for years though is it? I simply don't see him as having enough feats to give him the victory here yet.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
gladiator beat the old hyperion straight up.
In Hyperion's defense, he'd was blind for years and was just recovering the use of his eyes when this fight took place (the narration mentions this). Also he admitted that he never had a chance to cut loose and fight against an even level opponent in his universe unlike Gladiator who has experience going up against CL100 foes (Hyperion mentions this on panel).

But he's still not beating Surfer.

RockofAges
Originally posted by Stoic
This isn't the same Hyperion that you have read about for years though is it? I simply don't see him as having enough feats to give him the victory here yet.

True.

But unless Hyperions have different power sets based on which universe they're from (which is unlikely), I quite frankly simply cannot see Silver Surfer defeating him. King Hyperion is a far better fighter and combatant than 616 Hyperion, thats without doubt, but when it comes to what powers they have, they are in the end the same guy. I'm not convinced Surfer can beat him.

JayDaDon
And how would Hype beat surfer, he doesn`t have anything like surfers versatility, and his strength is nothing surfer hasn`t faced before. His heat vision would be next to useless against such a high level energy manipulator etc

abhilegend
Vision actually beat hyperion in straight slugfest once.

Mindset
Cool.

Hyperion beats SS to death with Vision.

vince_slice

And one shotting Alephs is hardly anything special, even Cap has done it with his shield.
So? Every hero in comics has defeats. I think you remember the Nova fight wrong. Nova put all his power in an attack, and it did almost nothing to Surfer. Plus the World Mind basically told Nova he was outclassed in every way.

You're talking about a different Hyp. The thread is with the current Hyp, who actually has been defeated. He was taken out by the adapting robot thing, along with the other Avengers. The fact that his mind was compromised in Superior Spiderman is itself a defeat. Like I said, every hero has defeats. Hyp included.

When did Cap one-shot kill an Aleph?

JayDaDon
An aleph sent him to the hospital in like 3 punches. Considering its Cap were talking about, that's not something many class 100s can say they've done.

janus77
Originally posted by JayDaDon
An aleph sent him to the hospital in like 3 punches. Considering its Cap were talking about, that's not something many class 100s can say they've done.
Wow, really??

O-Kay ... I may have slightly under-estimated these mock-Ultrons.

Still, they aren't very powerful, takes a whole blummin' squadron of the things to "raise a planet".

One slightly miffed Herald could easily match that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.