Quasar vs Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Quasar
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/25360L.png

vs

Green Lantern
http://www.comicmix.com/media/2008/09/28/hal-jordan.jpg

evil face

Brockalizer
Quasar

Digi
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Quasar

Loses.

complexbrother
How ?

Stoic
I'd like to know that as well? I mean Quasar seems tailor made to take on a GL using just one ring. I mean what stops him, from containing Hal's ring hand with a hard light barrier, while he clocks him with a hard light fist construct? I mean Quasar could just sit there wailing on him under those conditions. Couldn't he?

Odekahn
Hal > Quasar

Stoic
Originally posted by Odekahn
Hal > Quasar

How so?

iceman24567
Dont know i think Hals control over his own constructs is solid

Digi
Unless we're talking DCnU, it's just a matter of feats. Hal has quite a few uber ones, as well as versatility. I don't discount Quasar's history at all, and I actually think he's less vulnerable to low showings. But Hal's better.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
I'd like to know that as well? I mean Quasar seems tailor made to take on a GL using just one ring. I mean what stops him, from containing Hal's ring hand with a hard light barrier, while he clocks him with a hard light fist construct? I mean Quasar could just sit there wailing on him under those conditions. Couldn't he?
Hal breaks the light barrier and punches quasar's jaw off like he did to cyborg superman.

pym-ftw
Quasar if Dcnu

Hal solidly if preboot.

Mshinu
Pre Dcnu Hal > Quasar > current Hal

Odekahn
Originally posted by Mshinu
Pre Dcnu Hal > Quasar > current Hal

preDcnu Hal = current Hal > Quasar

RedX1852
Hal Jordan Has THIS

comicfan11
Highball of course.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by RedX1852
Hal Jordan Has THIS

I have images of you pointing to your crotch when you say that.

Batman-Prime
Alan >= Hal >= Quasar = Kyle > John > every other Lantern out there > GL rookies >>>>> Guy

RedX1852
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Alan >= Hal >= Quasar = Kyle > John > every other Lantern out there > GL rookies >>>>> Guy

WHY DOES EVERYONE OVER HYPE ALAN SPORTSMATER BEAT HIM.....WITH A WOODEN PLANK

Hal will always be Number 1 GREEN LANTERN

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by comicfan11
Highball of course.

To whom

Mshinu

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2753399808/h8232D58A/

RedX1852
ALAN SUCKS

Digi
ALAN SUCKS

Insightful, friend. The internet shall learn from your wisdom.

DarkSaint85
WHY DOES EVERYONE OVER HYPE ALAN SPORTSMATER BEAT HIM.....WITH A WOODEN PLANK

Hal will always be Number 1 GREEN LANTERN

Because Alan wrote the book on willpower.

ODG
Alan >= Hal >= Quasar = Kyle > John > every other Lantern out there > GL rookies >>>>> Guy http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail29.jpg

Stoic
What does Hals feats have to do with Quasar? They don't have the same items of power. Quasar has two items while Hal has one.

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Quasar if Dcnu

Hal solidly if preboot.

Digi
What does Hals feats have to do with Quasar? They don't have the same items of power. Quasar has two items while Hal has one.

And Wolverine has 6 claws. 6 > 2 > 1.

So what's the point here? To answer your question, Hal's feats have to do with Quasar because they're fighting in this thread. And Hal's feats are better.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Digi

So what's the point here? To answer your question, Hal's feats have to do with Quasar because they're fighting in this thread. And Hal's feats are better. hasnt quasar flown into the sun?

his shields would be bombarded by billions of nuclear explosions.

just sayin

Stoic

So what's the point here? To answer your question, Hal's feats have to do with Quasar because they're fighting in this thread. And Hal's feats are better.

But it's not to say that if Quasar fought the people that Hal did that he couldn't have done better. Hal is at a visible disadvantage here. He has one ring, while Quasar has two quantum bands. They can both create hard light constructs, but why wouldn't Quasar be able to contain Hal's one ring hand with one hand, and then with the other free hand, beat the living mess out of Hal? What stops him from doing this?

Nietzschean
But it's not to say that if Quasar fought the people that Hal did that he couldn't have done better. Hal is at a visible disadvantage her. He has one ring, while Quasar has two quantum bands. They can both create hard light constructs, but why wouldn't Quasar be able to contain Hal's one ring hand with one hand, and then with the other free hand, beat the living mess out of Hal? What stops him from doing this? i like ur argument. thumb up

2>1

Digi
But it's not to say that if Quasar fought the people that Hal did that he couldn't have done better. Hal is at a visible disadvantage here. He has one ring, while Quasar has two quantum bands. They can both create hard light constructs, but why wouldn't Quasar be able to contain Hal's one ring hand with one hand, and then with the other free hand, beat the living mess out of Hal? What stops him from doing this?

The fact that Q's feats with his two bands are still inferior to Hal's with his one ring. Hal can't make two constructs at once? Or encase himself in an energy shield that would make it a moot point whether Q was attacking him with one thing or 100?

This is a really weird argument to make.

the Darkone
Quasar can take Hal Jordan to the Quantum Zone where Quasar is unbeatable if I'm not mistaken

Tony Stark
Quasar

Stoic
The fact that Q's feats with his two bands are still inferior to Hal's with his one ring. Hal can't make two constructs at once? Or encase himself in an energy shield that would make it a moot point whether Q was attacking him with one thing or 100?

This is a really weird argument to make.

But my point was that what would happen if Q encased Hal's one hand in a construct, and wailed on him with his free hand? Q can do all of that to Hal as well you know? All I'm saying is that Q has an equal chance of winning this. and 2 hands are better than 1.

Originally posted by the Darkone
Quasar can take Hal Jordan to the Quantum Zone where Quasar is unbeatable if I'm not mistaken

This is correct I believe.

Golgo13
ALAN SUCKS

Alan is trans. He doesn't suck.

Digi
But my point was that what would happen if Q encased Hal's one hand in a construct, and wailed on him with his free hand? Q can do all of that to Hal as well you know? All I'm saying is that Q has an equal chance of winning this. and 2 hands are better than 1.

And I'm saying that encasing his hand is a tactic that would never work, especially since Hal should have shields up fully before any attack comes in. What if Hal thinks first and creates bubbles around the Q-bands? Same argument, just as silly.

Nietzschean
And I'm saying that encasing his hand is a tactic that would never work, especially since Hal should have shields up fully before any attack comes in. What if Hal thinks first and creates bubbles around the Q-bands? Same argument, just as silly. it wouldnt effect him. the energy constructs would be absorbed into the bands or quasar would fire through them as if they werent even there.

Digi
Originally posted by Nietzschean
it wouldnt effect him. the energy constructs would be absorbed into the bands or quasar would fire through them as if they werent even there.

*sigh*

My point exactly. Didn't you see the part where I called it a silly argument? Stoic's rather simplistic version of the fight has a hand bubble winning.

Stoic
*sigh*

My point exactly. Didn't you see the part where I called it a silly argument? Stoic's rather simplistic version of the fight has a hand bubble winning.

Actually what I implied was that Q has 2 hands while Hal has one. This would mean the Hal would naturally, and obviously be fighting an uphill battle that he could lose. I'm not even seeing the possibility that Hal may lose from your perspective but just that he would win based on his past feats with guys that weren't Q. It's not like he would be fighting against some inept new to his powers scrub character here.

Digi
Actually what I implied was that Q has 2 hands while Hal has one. This would mean the Hal would naturally, and obviously be fighting an uphill battle that he could lose. I'm not even seeing the possibility that Hal may lose from your perspective but just that he would win based on his past feats with guys that weren't Q. It's not like he would be fighting against some inept new to his powers scrub character here.

The same goes for the reverse. As I said earlier, Q isn't a scrub, but Hal is pretty provably better. And it's delusional lowballing to think a hand bubble is going to do jack-all in this fight. They're basically the exact same power set.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Nietzschean
hasnt quasar flown into the sun?

his shields would be bombarded by billions of nuclear explosions.

just sayin
Photosphere of sun was too much for quasar to handle once. Rookie green lantern have flown through suns though.

Stoic
The same goes for the reverse. As I said earlier, Q isn't a scrub, but Hal is pretty provably better. And it's delusional lowballing to think a hand bubble is going to do jack-all in this fight. They're basically the exact same power set.

Same power set different power source, Q has more physical options. It's not silly to see this, you seem to want to ignore the fact that Q has two hands while Hal only has one, but this fact will not disappear. Proving that Hal's constructs are greater is a feat within itself alone. Like I said Q could win this, and the notion that he could win is not something of an impossibility either. I'm not arguing that Q stomps Hal out but the advantage is his from the jump.

abhilegend
How is using two bands an advantage over using a ring? By that standard captain mar-vell would beat hal too.

Warlord
Disregarding ridiculous low feats from both I give a 5,5 to quasar due to his energy sourcce being inexaustable and him doesn't relying on imaginataion/willpower. There's always the option of power drain which might or might not work. Overall those are two of my favorite characters so no bias from me here

nwg202
Can't Quasar drain Hal?

complexbrother
Originally posted by abhilegend
Photosphere of sun was too much for quasar to handle once. Rookie green lantern have flown through suns though.

not really true sir ...Quasar saved the sun with Binary, and then he saved Binary.

abhilegend
Originally posted by complexbrother
not really true sir ...Quasar saved the sun with Binary, and then he saved Binary.
Not that instance sir.

Digi
Same power set different power source, Q has more physical options. It's not silly to see this, you seem to want to ignore the fact that Q has two hands while Hal only has one, but this fact will not disappear. Proving that Hal's constructs are greater is a feat within itself alone. Like I said Q could win this, and the notion that he could win is not something of an impossibility either. I'm not arguing that Q stomps Hal out but the advantage is his from the jump.

I honestly feel like I'm being trolled.

Of course Q could win. But it's absolutely not because he has two bands.

*fight begins*
*shields immediately go up, and Hal's encases him fully*

At that point, your entire strategy for Q is countered. There are maybe half a dozen other simple ways to counter it as well. But it doesn't need to go any further than that.

How is using two bands an advantage over using a ring? By that standard captain mar-vell would beat hal too.

thumb up

Stoic
I honestly feel like I'm being trolled.

Of course Q could win. But it's absolutely not because he has two bands.

*fight begins*
*shields immediately go up, and Hal's encases him fully*

At that point, your entire strategy for Q is countered. There are maybe half a dozen other simple ways to counter it as well. But it doesn't need to go any further than that.

thumb up

You feel like you're being trolled? listen we both have our opinions. This is the first time that i heard you say that Q had a chance to win during this entire thread, you gave him his props but continued on with Hal has the better feats that do not apply to Q and let's not make it seem like my reasoning for feeling like Q has the advantage is a silly one because I don't see it that way, nor will I. He has two hands to Hal's one. Saying that you feel as if you're being trolled makes me feel as if i should simply lie down and agree with everything that you are saying, and stow my opinion. You see what i mean? If not forget what I'm saying and continue with your opinion.

Digi
You feel like you're being trolled? listen we both have our opinions. This is the first time that i heard you say that Q had a chance to win during this entire thread, you gave him his props but continued on with Hal has the better feats that do not apply to Q and let's not make it seem like my reasoning for feeling like Q has the advantage is a silly one because I don't see it that way, nor will I. He has two hands to Hal's one. Saying that you feel as if you're being trolled makes me feel as if i should simply lie down and agree with everything that you are saying, and stow my opinion. You see what i mean? If not forget what I'm saying and continue with your opinion.

I just think it's a completely absurd argument to make in Q's favor. I'm shocked that I'm hearing it defended so strongly from you. It makes no sense imo. Sorry if that's harsh, but yes, I'm doing double takes thinking this is an elaborate joke.

And yes, Q could win. He's powerful and versatile. I wouldn't give him a majority, but he could. But in no way, shape, or form is it because he has weapons on two hands. Hal can make hundreds of constructs simultaneously. Hell he can make a copy of his ring so that he DOES have two rings. And that also presumes Q's any better at his brain multi-tasking than Hal. Also, the ring doesn't have to be connected to constructs. If Q makes a hand bubble, Hal can still create remote constructs to shield or attack.

But really, a full body shield negates all of this. At that point, it's not about one hand blocking Hal's hand. it's Q having to overpower Hal's shields to do anything, which goes right back to feats and power, which favor Hal.

Stoic
I just think it's a completely absurd argument to make in Q's favor. I'm shocked that I'm hearing it defended so strongly from you. It makes no sense imo. Sorry if that's harsh, but yes, I'm doing double takes thinking this is an elaborate joke.

And yes, Q could win. He's powerful and versatile. I wouldn't give him a majority, but he could. But in no way, shape, or form is it because he has weapons on two hands. Hal can make hundreds of constructs simultaneously. Hell he can make a copy of his ring so that he DOES have two rings. And that also presumes Q's any better at his brain multi-tasking than Hal. Also, the ring doesn't have to be connected to constructs. If Q makes a hand bubble, Hal can still create remote constructs to shield or attack.

But really, a full body shield negates all of this. At that point, it's not about one hand blocking Hal's hand. it's Q having to overpower Hal's shields to do anything, which goes right back to feats and power, which favor Hal.

OkI understand why you feel this way. this is why i feel the way that i do. it's almost like that saying "anything you can do, I can do better". In Q's defense, this is why I see him having an advantage. i won't say this again. but imagine two boxers fighting, one has a broken hand, and can no longer throw punches with it, while the other has two hands with the ability of throwing punches twice as fast.

Hal could do all of the things that you say, but Q would be able to match him, and some. They both siphon energy, so that case my be closed due to no one knowing if that would be a viable tactic for either.

You and I know that Hal has more feats than Q, but we also know that Q has quite a few of his own to draw on. I have a problem with anyone raising certain feats up for Hal, while ignoring that Q may have been able to have performed as well against the guys that Hal has defeated. Why? Because their power sets are so similar.

This is what sticks out to me though. Hal has a limited charge, while Q doesn't. Q could force this fight to take place within the Quantum zone, and this would likely nail the coffin shut on this entire debate, because Q would have a huge advantage there. i have not quite decided who wins, but I don't think that either would have an easy time at winning this, and if it goes on for too long Q could, and would win by attrition.

I didn't ignore you saying that Hal could make another ring for his other hand, but how often has he ever done this? See what i'm saying?

ODG
OkI understand why you feel this way. this is why i feel the way that i do. it's almost like that saying "anything you can do, I can do better". In Q's defense, this is why I see him having an advantage. i won't say this again. but imagine two boxers fighting, one has a broken hand, and can no longer throw punches with it, while the other has two hands with the ability of throwing punches twice as fast.

Hal could do all of the things that you say, but Q would be able to match him, and some. They both siphon energy, so that case my be closed due to no one knowing if that would be a viable tactic for either.

You and I know that Hal has more feats than Q, but we also know that Q has quite a few of his own to draw on. I have a problem with anyone raising certain feats up for Hal, while ignoring that Q may have been able to have performed as well against the guys that Hal has defeated. Why? Because their power sets are so similar.

This is what sticks out to me though. Hal has a limited charge, while Q doesn't. Q could force this fight to take place within the Quantum zone, and this would likely nail the coffin shut on this entire debate, because Q would have a huge advantage there. i have not quite decided who wins, but I don't think that either would have an easy time at winning this, and if it goes on for too long Q could, and would win by attrition.

I didn't ignore you saying that Hal could make another ring for his other hand, but how often has he ever done this? See what i'm saying? On that underlined part, not really. At least, Hal's career isn't anywhere near as extensive as Quasar's in that regard.

Digi

I didn't ignore you saying that Hal could make another ring for his other hand, but how often has he ever done this? See what i'm saying?

All the methods of Q's victory that you mention are completely possible.

Except the hands thing. That one remains impossibly irrelevant.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by nwg202
Can't Quasar drain Hal? It's debateable. You need a high level of will power to actually control GL energy and some argue that high level Lanterns like Hal and Kyle can overwill a draining attempt, at the same time Henshaw was able to use the Manhunters to drain GL energy but Manhunters technology is made to neutralize Lanterns. I honestly have no idea if Quasar could drain a GL ring or not though.

Warlord
Yet the likes of amazo have depletted the ring in second.
Not saying the same will apply with quasar but there have been instances where no willpower was require to empty the ring's levels

abhilegend
Originally posted by Warlord
Yet the likes of amazo have depletted the ring in second.
Not saying the same will apply with quasar but there have been instances where no willpower was require to empty the ring's levels
Amazo gets the willpower of hal and the rest of JLA. Hal has still overpowered him though.

Warlord
amazo gets their powers not their character traits unless there is somewhere specificcally mentioned and I've missed it. Hal might have overpowered him in one instance but he last the ring's full power in 3 pannels in another.
It depends on the writer

abhilegend
amazo gets their powers not their character traits unless there is somewhere specificcally mentioned and I've missed it. Hal might have overpowered him in one instance but he last the ring's full power in 3 pannels in another.
It depends on the writer
Nope, he gets the willpower too otherwise he would not be able to use the ring. Hal has outright overpowered Amazo.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16769128_halvsamazo1.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16769129_halvsamazo2.jpg

Warlord
again I can't find a direct reference to Amazo gaining Hal's willpower in the scans above.
And again Amazo has outright drained him dry also in another book.
It's not a wonder different characters write things differently

abhilegend
again I can't find a direct reference to Amazo gaining Hal's willpower in the scans above.
And again Amazo has outright drained him dry also in another book.
It's not a wonder different characters write things differently
I will find the reference.

Mcduffie's Amazo whose sole purpose was to make wonder woman look good?

Warlord
I will find the reference.

Mcduffie's Amazo whose sole purpose was to make wonder woman look good?

thanks.

what does WW has to do with anything?

DarkSaint85
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16471796/1.jpg.html

Edit: Have a link instead..

Warlord
can't view the pic.
what maI missing?
stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
I updated it, as I fail at the internet.

Warlord
nice...so he's able to assimilate their traits too.
anyway my point still stands. he had deplteted hal's ring before effortlessly and nno battle of willpowers was involved.

And so I don't derail the thread, I DON'T say this will be the case for Quasar. It's just an indication that the ring can be dried out (depending on the writer)

abhilegend
thanks.

what does WW has to do with anything?
My man-servant did it for you.

Nothing.

stick out tongue

mhmamr
Quasar

DarkSaint85
My man-servant did it for you.

Nothing.

stick out tongue

Yes, Sahib.

Warlord
love is in the air boys.
also how could this guy reply and get banned at the same time ???

Silver_Lantern
hal jordan but not gonna be an easy one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.