Green Goblin vs. Sabretooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Spider-man's greatest foe square off against Wolverine's greatest foe.

Standard Gear, most current versions apply (cept not in-a comma gg or with his patriot armor as norman osborn or his superadaptoid powers, just plain ole gg)

Bouboumaster
Like Wolverine would murder Spider-Man, Sabertooth murder GG

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

thumb up

pym-ftw
Goblin Glider ftw.

Stoic
Creed should win after a long vicious battle. But i wouldn't put it past GG to be packing some type of sleep gas to put Creed down if things began to get out of control.

deathslash
creed has this

dial J for Josh
I am actually surprised at the responses. I expected more people to give Goblin the win. Do you guys feel that creed will overwhelm Norman with relentless offense complimented by his healing factor? I figured that Norman would use many of his deadly/lethal weapons along with his glider to counter creed and to put the brakes on him. I can honestly see this going either way.

SamZED
The Goblin king shoves a pumpkin bomb up Creed's ass.

Like Wolverine would murder Spider-Man, Sabertooth murder GG i like fanfics as much as the next guy but Creed will do about as well vs Goblin as Wolverine did vs the current Spider-man.cool

abhilegend

Originally posted by abhilegend
Better scans to click, no disrespect to paramaniac.stick out tongue

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14818930_avengingsm_16_th.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14818931_avengingsm_16_th.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14818932_avengingsm_16_th.jpg

dial J for Josh

I read this comic as well as every comic superior spidey has been in. To be fair wolverine wasn't trying to fight...but in all fairness it wouldn't have mattered. Ock probably would've done the same if he was trying since well he is superior, as well as the fact that wolverine is on a downward spiral.

Mshinu
Norman gets ripped limb from limb. "Scream for me!" evil face

Warlord
Did Wolverine have HF in this book?
Too easy of a KO.

Anyways, Tooth should win

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Warlord
Did Wolverine have HF in this book?
Too easy of a KO.

Anyways, Tooth should win

He did, but written by Christopher Yost even a bullet bouncing off his skull has KO'd him.

iceman24567
Good fight actually the glider keeps Normy in the game Sabretooth still wins

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He did, but written by Christopher Yost even a bullet bouncing off his skull has KO'd him. Yost also had Wolverine take a barrage of bullets and not slow down even a little. Logan has his low showings under every writer, lets not pretend that Yost specifically writes Logan to be some frail loser in order to justify him getting his ass kicked by SpOck.

maxivitopowe
I say gg

SamZED
Originally posted by Mshinu
Norman gets ripped limb from limb. "Scream for me!" evil face Creed is Kraven's punching bag, he loses.

Bentley
If Logan doesn't speedblitzes Thor and Hulk at the same time while having bullets bouncing in the inside of his skull, then it is a long showing.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bentley
If Logan doesn't speedblitzes Thor and Hulk at the same time while having bullets bouncing in the inside of his skull, then it is a long showing.
If they survive, they were just glancing blows.

Bentley
If they survive, they were just glancing blows.

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Yost also had Wolverine take a barrage of bullets and not slow down even a little. Logan has his low showings under every writer, lets not pretend that Yost specifically writes Logan to be some frail loser in order to justify him getting his ass kicked by SpOck.

What issue are you referring to? And did those bullets hit his skull?

Oh, please. Yost's downplayed Wolverine his entire X-Force run...

ODG
^ We shouldn't ignore comics just because they were written by certain writers. Such sentiment is birthed mostly out of narrow preconceptions and is less concerned with objective comic book fact. And you're not going to get very many constructive discussions using the former over the latter.

On that note, Green Goblin probably takes this 6/10.

leonidas
i'd take goblin. too many offensive weapons but it would be a very cool fight to see.

Brockalizer
Goblin easily. He's fast enough and strong enough to keep up with Spiderman, who would wipe his ass with Creed, and he has more toys. Creed is too one dimensional of a fighter.

SamZED
What issue are you referring to? And did those bullets hit his skull?

Oh, please. Yost's downplayed Wolverine his entire X-Force run... going to have to check but pretty sure Yost had him tank bullets in Target X.

I just don't see it. Granted his performance wasn't on the level of solo books (never is in team books) butI don't recall Yost specifically downplay HF like say Way (save a few low showings that happen under various writers).

StiltmanFTW
going to have to check but pretty sure Yost had him tank bullets in Target X.

I just don't see it. Granted his performance wasn't on the level of solo books (never is in team books) butI don't recall Yost specifically downplay HF like say Way (save a few low showings that happen under various writers).

Target X, when the DIRT annihilated him. Gold.

Never say never. There were times when so-called "X-Men Wolverine" fared significantly better than in his own books.

deathslash
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Goblin easily. He's fast enough and strong enough to keep up with Spiderman, who would wipe his ass with Creed, and he has more toys. Creed is too one dimensional of a fighter. by "fast enough to keep up with spiderman" do you mean marginally slower, weaker, and less agile than peter? I agree that Goblin has some nice tricks that could give him an advantage or two at range, however, I'm pretty sure that Creed is fast enough to dodge the magority of Goblin's ranged attacks. Also, unlike Goblin being slightly weaker, slower and less agile than his nemesis, Creed is actually stronger, faster and a more ferocious fighter than wolverine. I think that Sabretooth's healing factor and speed can keep him in this fight long enough to close the gap and take out Goblin. Creed takes this after an intense battle 7/10.

Flyattractor
If Creed don't got any Metal Bones.
Normie can decapitate him with his bat-a-rangs or simply rip his head off with superior strength.

SamZED
Target X, when the DIRT annihilated him. Gold.

Never say never. There were times when so-called "X-Men Wolverine" fared significantly better than in his own books. Laura prevented his wounds from healing, she was slashing him while he wasn't even fighting back so he eventually lost. Being put down by continued attacks from adamantium claws and with a slowed down HF while not putting up a fight is a low showing?

TheGodKiller
The Tooth wins.

SamZED
Originally posted by deathslash
by "fast enough to keep up with spiderman" do you mean marginally slower, weaker, and less agile than peter? I agree that Goblin has some nice tricks that could give him an advantage or two at range, however, I'm pretty sure that Creed is fast enough to dodge the magority of Goblin's ranged attacks. Also, unlike Goblin being slightly weaker, slower and less agile than his nemesis, Creed is actually stronger, faster and a more ferocious fighter than wolverine. I think that Sabretooth's healing factor and speed can keep him in this fight long enough to close the gap and take out Goblin. Creed takes this after an intense battle 7/10. Goblin's speed varies, he's moved faster than human eye could follow in some showings as well as outmaneuver Pete in h2h at one point. In other fights Pete blitzed him, Norman couldn't even track Pete's movement. Glider is the ame changer here. I'm still waiting to see Goblin King in action.

StiltmanFTW
Laura prevented his wounds from healing, she was slashing him while he wasn't even fighting back so he eventually lost. Being put down by continued attacks from adamantium claws and with a slowed down HF while not putting up a fight is a low showing?

HF should've pushed the dirt out. Sigh.

I'm playing with Spidey on my team in Avengers Alliance now and you can't, I win biscuits

http://i43.tinypic.com/vnmn2v.jpg

Parmaniac
Like Wolverine would murder Spider-Man, Sabertooth murder GG You probably had your head deep in your ass for a long period of time by now.

TheGodKiller
While the latter part of your post is 100% correct, you got the former backwards.

Wolverine stands no chance against Spider-Man in a fight where both are at 100%. Canon fact. thumb up

SamZED
HF should've pushed the dirt out. Sigh.

I'm playing with Spidey on my team in Avengers Alliance now and you can't, I win biscuits

http://i43.tinypic.com/vnmn2v.jpg
It did, she simply slashed him faster than he healed. I can, I'm just too lazy lol

Also for that... I'm gonna find my old dusty Web of Shadows game and beat the crap out of Wolverine. Twice. Then fight symbiote Wolverine and rip him apart (you can actually do that in the game).

And taking critical damage before whooping everyone's ass is what heroes do.cool

StiltmanFTW
It did, she simply slashed him faster than he healed. I can, I'm just too lazy lol

Also for that... I'm gonna find my old dusty Web of Shadows game and beat the crap out of Wolverine. Twice. Then fight symbiote Wolverine and rip him apart (you can actually do that in the game).

And taking critical damage before whooping everyone's ass is what heroes do.cool

Nah, dirt was in the way preventing the wounds from closing, causing him to bleed out...

Don't do that. Or I'll lose to Gargan Venom while using Parker. He got added to the game recently. Not Flash, not Brock... Gargan. Excellent choice, wasn't it? laughing

SamZED
Nah, dirt was in the way preventing the wounds from closing, causing him to bleed out...

Don't do that. Or I'll lose to Gargan Venom while using Parker. He got added to the game recently. Not Flash, not Brock... Gargan. Excellent choice, wasn't it? laughing sick Maybe it's a good thing I'm not playing it...

PS: Gargan winning in the game gotta be a glitch.

StiltmanFTW
sick Maybe it's a good thing I'm not playing it...

PS: Gargan winning in the game gotta be a glitch.

Well, to be fair, they added him because of the Dark Reign limited-time event.

SamZED
Well, to be fair, they added him because of the Dark Reign limited-time event. Gargan sucks. No excuses.

Bentley
They should make a What If in which instead of replacing Parker's mind with Doc Ocks they replace it with Gargan's biscuits

StiltmanFTW
Gargan sucks. No excuses.

He was funnier than Deadpool though, you gotta give him that.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/15879/533463-anticrush.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Bentley
They should make a What If in which instead of replacing Parker's mind with Doc Ocks they replace it with Gargan's biscuits

laughing

Oh yes. That would be a glorious issue...

SamZED
That... would actually be pretty awesome.

ODG
Laura prevented his wounds from healing, she was slashing him while he wasn't even fighting back so he eventually lost. Being put down by continued attacks from adamantium claws and with a slowed down HF while not putting up a fight is a low showing? Wolverine was fighting back. He didn't go there looking for a fight, but Laura isn't exactly a delicate flower. And once his claws popped, he wasn't crippling his own fighting ability. Laura did that enough for him with her ingenuity.

SamZED
Originally posted by ODG
Wolverine was fighting back. He didn't go there looking for a fight, but Laura isn't exactly a delicate flower. And once his claws popped, he wasn't crippling his own fighting ability. Laura did that enough for him with her ingenuity. At the end yeah. She's gotten her share of free shoots though.

ODG
At the end yeah. She's gotten her share of free shoots though. If you think two swipes of her claws presents some sort of insurmountable advantage against Wolverine, then I think you're unintentionally disparaging Wolverine's abilities. He slapped her away after that and popped his claws and went at her. And this all happened on the first page of a 7 page fight. Not exactly at the end.

SamZED
Originally posted by ODG
If you think two swipes of her claws presents some sort of insurmountable advantage against Wolverine, then I think you're unintentionally disparaging Wolverine's abilities. He slapped her away after that and popped his claws and went at her. And this all happened on the first page of a 7 page fight. Not exactly at the end. I counted 8 free shots, 3 of them connected, one to his throat. Only then he tried to take her down, then after that made another attempt to reason with her. Did she beat him? Yes. Was he going all out the whole time? Not exactly. Not sure what are we arguing about.

battlemaster161
In h2h Sabertooth would dominate but since Norman has his glider that will be a problem. then again he usually gets off of it to fight up close and personal a lot so I don't know.

ODG
I counted 8 free shots, 3 of them connected, one to his throat. Only then he tried to take her down, then after that made another attempt to reason with her. Did she beat him? Yes. Was he going all out the whole time? Not exactly. Not sure what are we arguing about. I counted two before Wolverine popped his claws and they rushed each other down. And your excuse that Logan wasn't going all-out is just that: an excuse. Both meaningless and irrelevant to whether or not Logan was fighting back.

SamZED
Originally posted by ODG
I counted two before Wolverine popped his claws and they rushed each other down. And your excuse that Logan wasn't going all-out is just that: an excuse. Both meaningless and irrelevant to whether or not Logan was fighting back. it was three. One to the face, then to his throat, another one to his leg right after that.

ODG, I've been here along time and know that years of "Teh Wlverin wins" posts on KMC annoyed you to the point you've got some sort of anti-Wolverine agenda and feel the need to accuse everyone who says something nice about Wolverine of making excuses... but I frankly don't care enough to make excuses or try to justify Logan losing, I like Laura. Simply calling them as I see them. And he really was not going all out the whole time, arguing that - denying the obvious.

ODG
it was three. One to the face, then to his throat, another one to his leg right after that.

ODG, I've been here along time and know that years of "Teh Wlverin wins" posts on KMC annoyed you to the point you've got some sort of anti-Wolverine agenda and feel the need to accuse everyone who says something nice about Wolverine of making excuses... but I frankly don't care enough to make excuses or try to justify Logan losing, I like Laura. Simply calling them as I see them. And he really was not going all out the whole time, arguing that - denying the obvious. I only see the throat and leg one. Which were basically irrelevant as she didn't actually shove dirt into any of those open wounds thereafter.

This isn't an anti-Wolverine agenda. I know and understand that Wolverine fought back in that fight. I also know that Wolverine started fighting back well before the end of the fight. I also also know that two cheapshot swipes aren't going to make Wolverine buckle under and take the fight out of his reach. So a statement like this: Originally posted by SamZED
Being put down by continued attacks from adamantium claws and with a slowed down HF while not putting up a fight is a low showing? Is either misleading, outright lying or just wrong. I chose to treat it as the third.

Because I recognize these are questions of fact. I do not offer excuses. Which is why I'm not bothering to dignify your insinuations about my personal motivations, nor am I even going to bother questioning your's. Read the fight for what it is, or don't.

SamZED
Originally posted by ODG
I only see the throat and leg one. Which were basically irrelevant as she didn't actually shove dirt into any of those open wounds thereafter.

This isn't an anti-Wolverine agenda. I know and understand that Wolverine fought back in that fight. I also know that Wolverine started fighting back well before the end of the fight. I also also know that two cheapshot swipes aren't going to make Wolverine buckle under and take the fight out of his reach. So a statement like this: Is either misleading, outright lying or just wrong. I chose to treat it as the third.

Because I recognize these are questions of fact. I do not offer excuses. Which is why I'm not bothering to dignify your insinuations about my personal motivations, nor am I even going to bother questioning your's. Read the fight for what it is, or don't. Lower left pannel of the first page. She connected 3 times. I am reading the fight for what it is. And I see one character going all out, the other holding back at first and letting his opponent take 8 free shots 3 of which connected. I got no personal motivation other than you (for the second time now) trying to start an argument with me (for whatever reason) over this particular fight just because I stated that Wolverine was holding back at first, which he was.

Are you now just arguing with me for the sake of arguing? What are you trying to prove to me exactly? That Logan lost? I know that. That Laura can defeat Logan? I know that too. I also know it could go the other way around and I know that in that particular fight he wasn't going all out the whole time. You don't see it that way? Fine, whatever. Agree to disagree. No need to wage a holly war against me or anything.

ODG
Lower left pannel of the first page. She connected 3 times. Honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I see two swipes before he pops the claws, at which point, they rush each other down and Wolverine begins fighting:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/x23targetx6009vn7.jpg/ Originally posted by SamZED
I am reading the fight for what it is. And I see one character going all out, the other holding back at first and letting his opponent take 8 free shots 3 of which connected. I got no personal motivation other than you (for the second time now) trying to start an argument with me (for whatever reason) over this particular fight just because I stated that Wolverine was holding back at first, which he was. Project whatever handicaps you want on Wolverine. He was fighting back. And he was fighting back well before the end of the fight. I can argue X-23 was holding back as well since she didn't go into a berserker rage. It's irrelevant to the laughably erroneous notion that Wolverine wasn't fighting back. Which is what you claimed and what I disagreed with. Stop moving the goalposts. Originally posted by SamZED
Are you now just arguing with me for the sake of arguing? What are you trying to prove to me exactly? That Logan lost? I know that. That Laura can defeat Logan? I know that too. I also know it could go the other way around and I know that in that particular fight he wasn't going all out the whole time. You don't see it that way? Fine, whatever. Agree to disagree. No need to wage a holly war against me or anything. This coming from the guy who insinuates me for being anti-Wolverine? I proved exactly what I set out to prove: a) Wolverine was fighting back; b) Wolverine was fighting back well before the end of the fight; c) Laura did not get 8 free swipes on him. If you can't follow the conversation, then don't offer excuses or accuse me of dragging this conversation out to unnecessary exasperation. Any frustration you feel, you brought on yourself.

SamZED
Originally posted by ODG
Honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I see two swipes before he pops the claws, at which point, they rush each other down and Wolverine begins fighting:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/x23targetx6009vn7.jpg/ Project whatever handicaps you want on Wolverine. He was fighting back. And he was fighting back well before the end of the fight. I can argue X-23 was holding back as well since she didn't go into a berserker rage. It's irrelevant to the laughably erroneous notion that Wolverine wasn't fighting back. Which is what you claimed and what I disagreed with. Stop moving the goalposts. This coming from the guy who insinuates me for being anti-Wolverine? I proved exactly what I set out to prove: Wolverine was fighting back. Wolverine was fighting back well before the end of the fight. Laura did not get 8 free swipes on him. If you can't follow the conversation, then don't offer excuses.
Page before the one you posted. She gets him with her foor claw, he goes "AHH". Sorry, can't post the scan.

Again with the accusations of me making excuses... Once again, I don't care enough to make excuses or try to justify Logan losing. Just stating what's happened In the book. It's not making excuses, it's simple reading and comprehending. Basic math even. She got 8 free shots before Logan started to fight back. 3 of them connected. In my book its not going all out. Hence me saying that he wasn't fighting back the whole time. Once again, don't go out of you way trying to prove something to me, just don't care enough. You think it was an all out vs fight with both characters givving their 100% fine. Have it your way.

ODG
Page before the one you posted. She gets him with her foor claw, he goes "AHH". Sorry, can't post the scan. Must have been a pretty ineffectual swipe as the first panel of the page I posted he doesn't even have a scratch on his face at all. Originally posted by SamZED
Again with the accusations of me making excuses... Wolverine holding back is irrelevant to Wolverine fighting back, or fighting back well before the end. If you want me to more specifically label that as an irrelevant non sequitur or pointless red herring rather than as an "excuse," ok then. Originally posted by SamZED
Once again, I don't care enough to make excuses or try to justify Logan losing. Just stating what I see happening In the book. It's not making excuses, it's simple reading and comprehending. Basic math even. She got 8 free shots before Logan started to fight back. 3 of them connected. In my book its not going all out. Hence me saying that he wasn't fighting back the whole time. Once again, don't go out of you way trying to prove something to me, just don't care enough. You think it was an all out vs fight with both characters givving their 100% fine. Have it your way. Nobody is justifying Logan's loss. He lost. I see two cheapshots, which somehow you keep inflating to 8 shots based on nothing but Wolverithmetics. Wolverine not going all-out is completely irrelevant to your ignorant assumption that Wolverine wasn't fighting back and/or wasn't fighting back until the end. But I understand you will feign befuddlement over so simple a premise because... well, you're just arguing to argue at this point.

Either way, like I said before, Laura didn't go into a berserker rage either. So she was holding back as well and it's a wash. And still, completely irrelevant. Do you know what moving the goalposts is? It means you start an argument about one thing and then you start arguing about something completely unrelated. Which I labeled as an "excuse" before. Now, we can agree it's better characterized as an irrelevant non sequitur or pointless red herring. And to nail the point home, the only reason you brought up the whole holding back notion is because you're trying to deflect from the original points of contention:

Wolverine was fighting back.
Wolverine was fighting back well before the end of the fight.
Wolverine was not taken out of the fight by the two cheapshot swipes.
Wolverine did not give Laura 8 free swipes.
2 swipes =/= 8 swipes.

And these listed facts render this following statement to be complete bullsh1t: Originally posted by SamZED
Laura prevented his wounds from healing, she was slashing him while he wasn't even fighting back so he eventually lost. Being put down by continued attacks from adamantium claws and with a slowed down HF while not putting up a fight is a low showing? Do me a favor though and don't blame me for putting those words in your mouth. That, along with your frustration, isn't my fault.

SamZED
Originally posted by ODG
Must have been a pretty ineffectual swipe as the first panel of the page I posted he doesn't even have a scratch on his face at all. Wolverine holding back is irrelevant to Wolverine fighting back, or fighting back well before the end. If you want me to more specifically label that as an irrelevant non sequitur or pointless red herring rather than as an "excuse," ok then. Nobody is justifying Logan's loss. He lost. I see two cheapshots, which somehow you keep inflating to 8 shots based on nothing but Wolverithmetics. Wolverine not going all-out is completely irrelevant to your ignorant assumption that Wolverine wasn't fighting back and/or wasn't fighting back until the end. But I understand you will feign befuddlement over so simple a premise because... well, you're just arguing to argue at this point.

Either way, like I said before, Laura didn't go into a berserker rage either. So she was holding back as well and it's a wash. And still, completely irrelevant. Do you know what moving the goalposts is? It means you start an argument about one thing and then you start arguing about something completely unrelated. Which I labeled as an "excuse" before. Now, we can agree it's better characterized as an irrelevant non sequitur or pointless red herring. And to nail the point home, the only reason you brought up the whole holding back notion is because you're trying to deflect from the original points of contention:

Wolverine was fighting back.
Wolverine was fighting back well before the end of the fight.
Wolverine was not taken out of the fight by the two cheapshot swipes.
Wolverine did not give Laura 8 free swipes.
2 swipes =/= 8 swipes.

And these listed facts render this following statement to be complete bullsh1t: Do me a favor though and don't blame me for putting those words in your mouth. That, along with your frustration, isn't my fault. So now we moved to "no visible scar so doesn't count" eh? Very convenient. It was 3. She connected 3 times before Logan popped his claws, that's what I said and that's what happened. End of story.

I am the one arguing for the sake of argument? ME? Really?? Several times now I said that I dont care, offered to agree to disagree all in attempt to end this discussion while you keep responding to me with hugeass posts accusing me of making excuses or lying about the outcome of a fight I dont even care about or lying about a number of hits that she landed. I was honestly trying to end this on a friendly note and ignore your accusations. But at this point the heck with it.

Also thumb up for quoting my discussion with Stilt, somehow I knew its going to be your last resort. Notice how every time I responded to you I said "he wasn't fighting back the whole time. When I argued with Stilt it's been years since I've read the fight and it didnt matter because we were talking about healing factors, not the outcome of the fight. I only re-read it after we started talking about the amount of free shots she got. In my defence I dont keep that iisue under my pillow just in case so e butt-hurt poster with anti-Wolverine agenda desides to start something over nothing. And after I re-read it... From that point on I never claimed that he wasn't fighting back at all, only that she had several free shots which she did. 8 to be exact. 8. I'll type just in case - eight. 3 of them connected. Three. And the original point was NEVER that she took him out with two swipes. My original point was that being taken down by Laura is not a low showing for Wolverine. That's where you came in with your anti-Wolverine agenda because you felt that somehow I was trying to give Wolverine too much credit in that fight which to you apparently is a trigger scent. Since then I outright stated several times that he lost and I'm perfectly fine with it. And since it's now clear to me you're not gonna let go I'm going to sum up. Laura attacked, Wolverine gave her 8 free shots, later tried to reason with her, now for any sane poster that should be enough to see that he wasnt fighting back the whole time. Whether it effected the outcome of the fight is beside the point as I never claimed that it's an unfair win. Only that it's not a low showing for his healing factor.

Flyattractor

Waitaminute...Is that middle pic stating that Spidey has "Spider Claws" now?

Odekahn
The Goblin wins.

ODG
So now we moved to "no visible scar so doesn't count" eh? Very convenient. It was 3. She connected 3 times before Logan popped his claws, that's what I said and that's what happened. End of story. Well, considering you can't or won't post the page in question where Laura slashes Wolverine's face, I think it's more than relevant that I point out there's no evidence she did on the page that directly follows this mysterious first cheapshot. So it's not really the end of the story as you've given me absolutely no reason to trust your word. Originally posted by SamZED
I am the one arguing for the sake of argument? ME? Really?? Several times now I said that I dont care, offered to agree to disagree all in attempt to end this discussion while you keep responding to me with hugeass posts accusing me of making excuses or lying about the outcome of a fight I dont even care about or lying about a number of hits that she landed. I was honestly trying to end this on a friendly note and ignore your accusations. But at this point the heck with it. Backhandedly arguing with me is arguing with me. You've been on these forums long enough to know the difference. Originally posted by SamZED
Also thumb up for quoting my discussion with Stilt, somehow I knew its going to be your last resort. Have no idea what you're talking about. Why would it be a last resort when it was the exact post that I took issue with to begin with? Originally posted by SamZED
Notice how every time I responded to you I said "he wasn't fighting back the whole time. When I argued with Stilt it's been years since I've read the fight and it didnt matter because we were talking about healing factors, not the outcome of the fight. I only re-read it after we started talking about the amount of free shots she got. Are you backhandedly conceding you were mischaracterizing the fight by accident because you hadn't read it in a while? Because that's all you had to say to start and end this. Originally posted by SamZED
In my defence I dont keep that iisue under my pillow just in case so e butt-hurt poster with anti-Wolverine agenda desides to start something over nothing. And after I re-read it... From that point on I never claimed that he wasn't fighting back at all, only that she had several free shots which she did. 8 to be exact. 8. I'll type just in case - eight. 3 of them connected. Three. Well, guess you aren't conceding anything, not even backhandedly. So I appreciate the whole, "I wasn't even really disagreeing with you and not even trying hard to directly contradict your claims, I was just playing nice" charade, but this is pretty much the attitude I've been confronting the entire way with you. After all, I didn't call you a Wolverine fanboy but you pretty much tried to accuse me of having an anti-Wolverine bias early on. Something which I wouldn't even dignify, yet you continue to push onto this conversation. So, compose yourself for a minute here, and reassess just who is being the arse in this arseholish conversation. Because as far as I see, you are solely guilty of all the behavior you seem to despise in this conversation. Projection, much?

We disagree. Sharply on the scene in question. Which is a disagreement over plain fact. And can be discussed without you accusing me of bullying you into the conversation. Because as you shouldn't be trying to deny anymore, you've got more than enough to say about the scene in question. Apparently, you even have things to say about about me personally. Which, again, is just a worthless projection of your own insecurities concerning the scene in question.

So back to the scene, I still don't see 8 free shots, much less 3 connected before Wolverine started fighting back. Originally posted by SamZED
And the original point was NEVER that she took him out with two swipes. My original point was that being taken down by Laura is not a low showing for Wolverine. That's where you came in with your anti-Wolverine agenda because you felt that somehow I was trying to give Wolverine too much credit in that fight which to you apparently is a trigger scent. Since then I outright stated several times that he lost and I'm perfectly fine with it. And since it's now clear to me you're not gonna let go I'm going to sum up. Laura attacked, Wolverine gave her 8 free shots, later tried to reason with her, now for any sane poster that should be enough to see that he wasnt fighting back the whole time. Whether it effected the outcome of the fight is beside the point as I never claimed that it's an unfair win. Only that it's not a low showing for his healing factor. You tried to say it wasn't a low showing because Wolverine wasn't fighting back. He was fighting back. You pulled back from that assessment by arguing that Wolverine wasn't fighting back until the end. He was fighting back well before the end. And your accusations about anti-Wolverine agendas and me victimizing you have really nothing to do with that.

But you seem content to just sit on your hands and declare that Wolverine gave her 8 free shots. Not even close. I don't know how you came up with that complete bastardization of a reading of this fight. Because 8 is a very specific number. And it flies in the face of these scans: Originally posted by ExodusCloak
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8710/x23targetx6009vn7.th.jpg http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4518/x23targetx6010011ww3.th.jpg http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4339/x23targetx6012ap4.th.jpg

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5425/x23targetx6013zl9.th.jpg http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5539/x23targetx6014gt0.th.jpg http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9208/x23targetx6015vt3.th.jpg http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2066/x23targetx6016ve4.th.jpg http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6060/x23targetx6017zy8.th.jpg Are you mad at me or just yourself for having nailed yourself to the cross with your arbitrary and erroneous counting here? Never mind that. That's a rhetorical question. Do we have to do Sesame Street counting exercises to figure out how many shots Laura got in for free before Wolverine popped his claws and started fighting back? Or can we dispense with this charade now that the scene is being posted again for everyone to see?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.