Superman vs Kurse slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
No speed allowed, they just simply trade punches

No BFR

Who wins?

ODG
Kurse would splatter him eventually. And mods have already closed threads like this for spite:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=560922&highlight=title%3A%28superman+kurse%29

Insane Titan
Yeah but that mod is a superman fanboy no?

Mindset
lol

ODG
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Yeah but that mod is a superman fanboy no? .....

You win, Insane Titan. You win.

h1a8
Superman wins as he is stronger

Silent Master
Actually, Kurse is stronger.

brownqk
Kurse, handily at that....

Damborgson
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Yeah but that mod is a superman fanboy no?

laughing

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Actually, Kurse is stronger.

Superman was shown to have beyond planetary strength. Kurse doesn't.

carver9
Kurse wins, easily.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman was shown to have beyond planetary strength. Kurse doesn't.

Yet Superman is still shown having trouble with regular top tiers, whereas Kurse is shown as well beyond them

Unless you're claiming that only lifting feats matter, is that your claim?

h1a8
Yet Superman is still shown having trouble with regular top tiers, whereas Kurse is shown as well beyond them

Unless you're claiming that only lifting feats matter, is that your claim?
1. Having trouble with regular top tiers doesn't prove physical strength since Superman holds back. Superman has shown to be on another level when he stops holding back.
2. The outcome of a fight doesn't always have any bearing on strength.
3. PIS exists in comics, in forums PIS does not exist.
4. Not all top tiers are equal.
5. Lifting feats aren't the only things that prove strength. Striking feats, pulling feats, etc. can prove strength.

What top tier has Kurse koed in one or a few shots to prove his strength?

Silent Master
1. Having trouble with regular top tiers doesn't prove physical strength since Superman holds back. Superman has shown to be on another level when he stops holding back.
5. Lifting feats aren't the only things that prove strength. Striking feats, pulling feats, etc. can prove strength.

IOW, you're going to ignore or call PIS on everything except his most impressive lifting feat.

In that case, Wonder-man is stronger than HP Doomsday.

RockofAges
Kurse absolutely destroys

h1a8
IOW, you're going to ignore or call PIS on everything except his most impressive lifting feat.

In that case, Wonder-man is stronger than HP Doomsday.

Sometimes case 1 is correct sometimes 2 and so forth. I didn't claim that PIS always happens on everything. It's a combination. Superman can have trouble with a top tier for all the reasons I gave. PIS is just one case.

So again

h1a8
Originally posted by RockofAges
Kurse absolutely destroys

Prove that Kurse has planetary strength or better. Till then he gets wrecked.

carver9
Does Doomsday have planetary strength?

Silent Master
Sometimes case 1 is correct sometimes 2 and so forth. I didn't claim that PIS always happens on everything. It's a combination. Superman can have trouble with a top tier for all the reasons I gave. PIS is just one case.

So again

By your logic, Wonder-man is stronger than HP Doomsday.

tkitna
Kurse curbstomps him

TheLordofMurder
This is absolute spite...

Kurse was initially x2 the strength of Thor...

Thor put on his Belt of Strength to even the odds, then the Beyonder doubled Kurses strength once again making him x4 Thor (the Beyonder also increased Kurses durability; Thor with his Belt of Strength commented that Kurse was now shrugging off his attacks as if they were without force)...

Superman has absolutely no chance against this Monster trading punches...

Kurse brutally kills Superman 10/10...

h1a8
By your logic, Wonder-man is stronger than HP Doomsday.

False!

Originally posted by carver9
Does Doomsday have planetary strength?

Yes he does. By breaking Superman's arm proves it. Unless you think Superman's arm will break under planetary pressure.

Silent Master
False!

Would you like to compare lifting feats?

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
This is absolute spite...

Kurse was initially x2 the strength of Thor...

Thor put on his Belt of Strength to even the odds, then the Beyonder doubled Kurses strength once again making him x4 Thor (the Beyonder also increased Kurses durability; Thor with his Belt of Strength commented that Kurse was now shrugging off his attacks as if they were without force)...

Superman has absolutely no chance against this Monster trading punches...

Kurse brutally kills Superman 10/10...

Your reasoning suggests that Superman and Thor are peers in strength. Thus lies the faultiness of your conclusion.
Superman is at least several times stronger than Thor by feats. So Superman would be AT LEAST a peer to Kurse but mostly likely beyond him when letting loose.

h1a8
Would you like to compare lifting feats?

Lifting feats aren't the only proof. So no.

Silent Master
Lifting feats aren't the only proof. So no.

Per your logic, the other feats could involve PIS, characters holding back., plus fights don't always have a bearing on strength. which means that lifting feats are superior.

So what do you say, let's compare lifting feats.

h1a8
Per your logic, the other feats could involve PIS, characters holding back., plus fights don't always have a bearing on strength. which means that lifting feats are superior.

So what do you say, let's compare lifting feats.

Striking feats, breaking feats, overpowering feats, etc. are all fair game.
Getting hit around doesn't mean you are weaker.

But other feats are good.

Silent Master
Striking feats, breaking feats, overpowering feats, etc. are all fair game.
Getting hit around doesn't mean you are weaker.

All those could involve PIS.

So let's compare lifting feats, I'll even let you go first.

h1a8
All those could involve PIS.

So let's compare lifting feats, I'll even let you go first.

We can easily determine PIS though. It's not like we can't know.

Silent Master
We can easily determine PIS though. It's not like we can't know.

Opinions on PIS can and do differ, leaving us with lifting feats.

You can go first, post Doomsday's best lifting feats.

h1a8
Opinions on PIS can and do differ, leaving us with lifting feats.

You can go first, post Doomsday's best lifting feats. PIS is not an opinion. It can be proved. That's why we have the no PIS rule. Otherwise, the rule wouldn't make sense.

Silent Master
PIS is not an opinion. It can be proved. That's why we have the no PIS rule. Otherwise, the rule wouldn't make sense.

Right, which is why this board never has any arguments about whether or not a feat is PIS.

Why won't you compare feats?

JBL
Spite against superman. Kurse would kill superman.

abhilegend
Kurse of course.

carver9
False!

Yes he does. By breaking Superman's arm proves it. Unless you think Superman's arm will break under planetary pressure.

laughing out loud

pym-ftw
Threads like these are why I haven't put H1 on ignore.

Kurse wins solidly here.

h1a8
Right, which is why this board never has any arguments about whether or not a feat is PIS.

Why won't you compare feats?

There is blatant obvious PIS as well as borderline PIS. Members argue borderline PIS which is fine.

I'm referring to only blatant obvious PIS, nothing borderline.

Also Superman is stronger than Kurse because he is a lot stronger than Thor.

the Darkone
Kurse 4X >>>> Thor=Super, Kurse beat down Beta Ray Bill and Thor who had the belt of strength still and they still lost, plus with his living armor Kurse will steam roll Superman

Silent Master
There is blatant obvious PIS as well as borderline PIS. Members argue borderline PIS which is fine.

I'm referring to only blatant obvious PIS, nothing borderline.

Also Superman is stronger than Kurse because he is a lot stronger than Thor.

Since you dislike comparing lifting feats, we won't use any.

Now then, post strength feats for Superman that place him as "A lot stronger" than Thor.

Mshinu
Kurse wins by punching Supes` teeth trough the back of his skull.

Igniz
Superman wins as he is stronger

I wonder what would happen if I put a Superman Vs Blackheart thread Slugfest only scenario roll eyes (sarcastic) ?

abhilegend
^ Daredevil wins.

ShadowFyre
Kurse would hand Superman a bar of soap and Superman would drop it at ftl just to get this vicious assault over with.

deathlife
Originally posted by abhilegend
Kurse of course.

This basically settles it.

iceman24567
Yup abhi is right

quanchi112
Kurse annihilates him.

deathslash
isn't Kurse like four times stronger than thor? yeah, Kurse destroys Superman

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Igniz
I wonder what would happen if I put a Superman Vs Blackheart thread Slugfest only scenario roll eyes (sarcastic) ? TBF, I'd say Superman there

Largely due to how much Blackheart confuses the absolute shit out of me

h1a8
Originally posted by deathslash
isn't Kurse like four times stronger than thor? yeah, Kurse destroys Superman And Superman is more than that. Superman is thus stronger than Kurse.

quanchi112
And Superman is more than that. Superman is thus stronger than Kurse. Based on ?

Silent Master
And Superman is more than that. Superman is thus stronger than Kurse.

No, he's not.

Branlor Swift
Just report him and move on please

tkitna
Has he always been that delusional? I cant seem to recall.

carver9
Originally posted by tkitna
Has he always been that delusional? I cant seem to recall.

confused

deathslash
And Superman is more than that. Superman is thus stronger than Kurse. How are you possibly reaching that conclusion? The only feats that Superman has that puts him above thor involve PIS, bad writing, superman being amped, superman being pre crisis, a very high showing for Clark, or some higher source backing him up. You need to face facts, unless we're talking about Superman prime, Superman One Million, or Silver Age Superman, Thor is in Superman's league. I stand by what I said before, Kurse stomps Kal 10/10.

carver9
Don't know why people tend to argue with H1.

h1a8
No, he's not. If we go by feats Superman is stronger than Kurse. He has many planetary feats. Kurse has none. Superman is on a different level when he lets loose. I'm not talking about the typical holding back Superman here.

Originally posted by deathslash
How are you possibly reaching that conclusion? The only feats that Superman has that puts him above thor involve PIS, bad writing, superman being amped, superman being pre crisis, a very high showing for Clark, or some higher source backing him up. You need to face facts, unless we're talking about Superman prime, Superman One Million, or Silver Age Superman, Thor is in Superman's league. I stand by what I said before, Kurse stomps Kal 10/10.

If you accept that Superman is a lot stronger than Thor then the conclusion follows since Kurse is only 4 times stronger than Thor.
If you believe that Superman is about the same or a little stronger then it makes sense for Kurse to be stronger. But sadly Superman is a lot stronger than Thor. Thus he is stronger than Kurse.

Silent Master
Kurse is stronger

the Darkone
Kurse will be using Superman's caps as toilet paper

iceman24567
Originally posted by tkitna
Has he always been that delusional? I cant seem to recall. Sadly h1 isnt the only delusional poster we have to deal with erm

Mindset

If you accept that Superman is a lot stronger than Thor then the conclusion follows since Kurse is only 4 times stronger than Thor.
Wrong.

Superman could be a lot stronger than Thor and still weaker than Kurse.

Learn to math.

iceman24567
h1 should be tempt banned for pure ignorance it offends me to the bone

deathlife
Originally posted by Mindset
Wrong.

Superman could be a lot stronger than Thor and still weaker than Kurse.

Learn to math.

This exactly.

I don't know what H18 is actually getting at.

h1a8
Kurse is stronger Kurse is only 4 times stronger than Thor. So how is he stronger than Superman when Superman is more than 4 times stronger than Thor?

If two characters strong and one is 4 times stronger than the other then the weaker can go toe to toe with the stronger. In other words, one could be 4 times weaker than another character and still be able to go toe to toe with them.

Originally posted by deathlife
This exactly.

I don't know what H18 is actually getting at.

Kurse is only 4 times stronger than Thor.
Superman is more than 4 times stronger than Thor.
Superman is thus stronger than Kurse.

Now do you see what I'm getting at?

Mindset
h1a8, I challenge you to a math battlezone.

Warlord
why is supes stronger than Thor x 4?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset
h1a8, I challenge you to a math battlezone.

A maths debate! Let's all have a maths debate!

I love to maths debate!

h1a8
Originally posted by Warlord
why is supes stronger than Thor x 4?

Because of his feats. Superman holds back out of fear of killing. But when Superman lets loose he is on another level entirely. This has been shown and stated in comics. Superman has shown the strength of over 50 Earth weighs multiple times. With that type of strength, Superman can easily shatter worlds with a single blow provided he didn't hold back.

Warlord
Superman has shown the strength of over 50 Earth weighs multiple times.
scans?

iceman24567
scans? Dont ask for the impossible it might make the h1 bot explode

Warlord
he must be basing his clculations on something dontgetit

Batman-Prime
h1 convinced me, Kurse is 4 times stronger then Thor, Superman is 10 times stronger then Thor, at least, 10 > 4. Superman wins. In a weightlifting contest at least.

Warlord
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
h1 convinced me

man down sad

abhilegend
Snake-eyes convinced me superman was a million times stronger than thor.

shifty

DarkSaint85
he must be basing his clculations on something dontgetit

One of his assumptions was that there was no gravity in space.

Silent Master
Kurse is stronger.

deathlife
Because of his feats. Superman holds back out of fear of killing. But when Superman lets loose he is on another level entirely. This has been shown and stated in comics. Superman has shown the strength of over 50 Earth weighs multiple times. With that type of strength, Superman can easily shatter worlds with a single blow provided he didn't hold back.

I would love to see scans of Superman lifting 50 earth weights.

I would also love to see a scan that proves that Superman is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar stronger than Thor.

h1a8

DarkSaint85

h1a8
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6325/56gt.jpg

They are not just pulling the Earth solo but but against both the Sun's gravity and Starbreaker's pull, both forces I DIDN'T ADD in the calculations as these would make the feat even greater.

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But you would have to prove that the acceleration was 1mi/s^2.... Not really since the acceleration WAS MORE than that. I just purposely used a number smaller than the actual amount.
We know that it was more than that since the Earth is about 93 million miles from the Sun and they moved the Earth a good portion of that distance, and it took a small amount of time to do. In other words, they accelerated the Earth a very large distance over a little time. This results in a large acceleration.

DarkSaint85
But where did this 1 mi/s^2 acceleration come from? Incidentally, I hope that's a typo, and you meant m, not mi...mixing SI and imperial units is a sin!!! A dirty sin!!!

If you assumed 0.1mi/s^2? Or 0.01? How many Earth weights does that equate to? You see how frail the argument now becomes? What if they were accelerating at 5 m/s^2?

My point, I guess, is that the comic didn't have strict numbers - nad you have applied strict numbers to it. The margin of error is way too high for us to hang our hats on it - all we can say is that they moved the Earth. Still a good feat, better than I can do, but don't use it as a hard yardstick. Comic writers don't have science degrees, they make mistakes (like the infamous Flash in North Korea incident).

h1a8
But where did this 1 mi/s^2 acceleration come from? Incidentally, I hope that's a typo, and you meant m, not mi...mixing SI and imperial units is a sin!!! A dirty sin!!!

If you assumed 0.1mi/s^2? Or 0.01? How many Earth weights does that equate to? You see how frail the argument now becomes? What if they were accelerating at 5 m/s^2?

My point, I guess, is that the comic didn't have strict numbers - nad you have applied strict numbers to it. The margin of error is way too high for us to hang our hats on it - all we can say is that they moved the Earth. Still a good feat, better than I can do, but don't use it as a hard yardstick. Comic writers don't have science degrees, they make mistakes (like the infamous Flash in North Korea incident).

Read the post above yours for explanation.

deathlife
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6325/56gt.jpg

They are not just pulling the Earth solo but but against both the Sun's gravity and Starbreaker's pull, both forces I DIDN'T ADD in the calculations as these would make the feat even greater.

I'm not going to go into the impossibility of applying real world physics to comic books but going by your explanation, has Thor (or Kurse for that matter) ever been put in a similar situation and faltered?

DarkSaint85
Read the post above yours for explanation.

Yeah....but this sentence:

I'll break it down, oldskool style.

Is the Earth about 93 million miles? Yes. Factchecked.
'they moved the Earth a good portion of that distance'. A good portion? Proof?

'it took a small amount of time'. Did it? Proof?

Silent Master
I can show strongmen pulling airplanes or helicopters, but that doesn't mean they can lift them.

DarkSaint85
Then of course, there's the issue where WW, MM AND Superman, together, were unable to pull the Earth and failed.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2849918

Of course, you could argue that they were still weak from being dead, but Superman was at full strength.

DarkSaint85
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2684676

but we....we were losing it....

h1a8
I can show strongmen pulling airplanes or helicopters, but that doesn't mean they can lift them. A lift is a pull against gravity which is harder than a lateral pull if the coefficient of friction is less than 1. But the calculation shows that Superman supplied a force sufficient to lift more than 50 Earth weights against the gravity of Earth.

Yeah....but this sentence:

I'll break it down, oldskool style.

Is the Earth about 93 million miles? Yes. Factchecked.
'they moved the Earth a good portion of that distance'. A good portion? Proof?

'it took a small amount of time'. Did it? Proof?

If you read the comic, it shows that Starbreaker managed to move the Earth significantly close to Sun. His plan was to move it into the Sun.
In comics, we use real time unless there is some indication of time not being real time. It took a matter of minutes for Superman and Hal to move the Earth back into place.

DarkSaint85
A lift is a pull against gravity which is harder than a lateral pull if the coefficient of friction is less than 1. But the calculation shows that Superman supplied a force sufficient to lift more than 50 Earth weights against the gravity of Earth.

If you read the comic, it shows that Starbreaker managed to move the Earth significantly close to Sun. His plan was to move it into the Sun.
In comics, we use real time unless there is some indication of time not being real time. It took a matter of minutes for Superman and Hal to move the Earth back into place.

Seriously? You're using that argument of real time? This ain't Hellblazer. Where does it say it took a matter of minutes? And then, how many minutes?

I am just trying to find out what your margin of error is. Is it 50 Earth weights+- 10 Earth weights (so a 20% margin of error)? +- 25 (so 50%)?

And yes, I have read it as well.

h1a8
Seriously? You're using that argument of real time? This ain't Hellblazer. Where does it say it took a matter of minutes? And then, how many minutes?

I am just trying to find out what your margin of error is. Is it 50 Earth weights+- 10 Earth weights (so a 20% margin of error)?a +- 25 (so 50%)?

And yes, I have read it as well. Reading the comic gives us a good sense of a matter of minutes. Usually there would be clues or indication that more time has passed than real time. But since no indication was given AND dialogue was constant then we must assume real time. But the calculation was actually 82 Earth weights. I used 50 (which is a much smaller number) and I ignored the Sun's gravity along with Starbreaker's pull. The actual number could be easily over 100 Earth weights. I'm just using modest numbers though.

Bottomline: When Superman lets loose then he is always shown to be on a different level physically. The whole JL regards him as the strongest being on the planet. And that's saying a lot. I would put Kurse above average Savage Hulk but not necessarily above WWH in the strength dept.

Now if Superman was very close to Thor in strength then this fight would be a no brainer. But that's not the case. So it's a much better fight than most are giving it. At least say Kurse wins but it aint easy. That would be a lot better than saying Kurse spite stomps as this assumes that Superman is about equal to Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.