Darth Vader vs. Darth Malgus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
So... which Dark Lord of the Sith is more powerful?

The two face off in the Geonosis Arena.
No prep, they start 100 feet apart.

* This is OT Vader.

1) Lightsabers
2) Force
3) All-out

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
hmm, in sabers I would most likely give it to vader, in force it's a tie, and in all out, I guess vader, though it is only very barely.

S_W_LeGenD
1. Malgus
2. Malgus
3. Malgus

Malgus proved on Aldeeran that he is beyond Vader; he defeated an opponent whose powers seemed to be on par with that of Vader.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
vader: superior TK, on-par (if not superior) dueling ability, has more feats
equal: physical strength, pure speed
Malgus: superior agility, has force lightning/force maelstrom

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

I don't think that Malgus falls short in TK aspect either. He blew apart the portion of rubble that fell over him during collapse of two buildings around his position and proceeded to duel the powerful opponent who was responsible for this event. It shall be kept in mind that Malgus was in bad shape during this encounter due to the events that took place earlier (shown in Hope trailer) and yet he was still virtually unstoppable after he got out from a previous mountain of rubble. Later on, he inflicted lot of damage to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

Malgus is embodiment of bad@ss(ness).

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, but Vader has collapsed structures with said TK. He gets the edge there. Malgus's force maelstrom would be very dangerous for vader, though.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, but Vader has collapsed structures with said TK. He gets the edge there. Malgus's force maelstrom would be very dangerous for vader, though.
Jedi Temple on Coruscant is a gigantic structure actually:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110608004829/starwars/images/f/f0/JediTemple-Deceived.jpg

---

Also, Vader's feat of collapsing a structure is not going to help him against Malgus who have handled such threats before. And Malgus can utterly overwhelm Vader with his Force maelstrom talent. In-fact, Malgus have too much advantage.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Not saying vader would drop building on malgus, im saying that he could also use TK to overwhelm him, just as malgus can use his maelstrom. This fight could be considered a toss-up really. I'm sorry, what it the relevance of jedi temple size?

S_W_LeGenD
I don't think Vader can overwhelm Malgus with his TK abilities. Keep in mind that Malgus became more powerful after events on Aldeeran.

In-fact, you would be surprised by Satele's assessment of Malgus; she admitted that she stood no chance against him without help.

Lets face the reality; Vader is tough but he isn't that tough.

---

Malgus collapsed whole columns of such a gigantic building.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm sorry, but vader isn't that tough? He has FAR more feats than malgus has, can easily match Malgus's agility (vader has faced opponents more agile than himself), Has more impressive force feats than malgus, has more impressive lightsaber feats than malgus, etc.

S_W_LeGenD
I'm sorry, but vader isn't that tough? He has FAR more feats than malgus has, can easily match Malgus's agility (vader has faced opponents more agile than himself), Has more impressive force feats than malgus, has more impressive lightsaber feats than malgus, etc.
Far more feats is not an argument; Vader is among the most heavily explored characters of the mythos, therefore the list of his feats is not surprisingly long. However, this doesn't suggests that he is stronger then all other "big names" who are less explored in comparison.

More impressive Force feats? I can comfortably assert that the Zabrak Jedi who collapsed two buildings around the position of Malgus, rivals Vader in Force feats. And yet Malgus outgunned him.

More impressive lightsaber feats? Malgus cut down Kao and Zallow (both whom are evidently superb swordsmen and not featless). In-fact, Malgus could literally chew through lot of Jedi with his abilities as he proved on Coruscant.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malgus beat Darach due to superior strength/use of jar'kai, both of which will not come into play against vader. What feats does Zallow have? I don't doubt he is an impressive lightsaber duelist, but I doubt he's as impressive as vader in that regard. As I said, Malgus holds no edge with lightsaber ability, while Vader holds edge in TK, and Malgus holds edge with lightning/force Maelstrom. though Vader doesn't need to worry too much about the former.

S_W_LeGenD
Malgus beat Darach due to superior strength/use of jar'kai, both of which will not come into play against vader.
If enraged Luke can overwhelm Vader, so can Malgus.

What feats does Zallow have? I don't doubt he is an impressive lightsaber duelist, but I doubt he's as impressive as vader in that regard.
Zallow killed any Sith warrior in his path (multiple opponents sometimes). He out-dueled even Lord Adrass. He was the best duelist inside the Jedi Temple, possibly superior to even Usma who is counted among the most celebrated duelists of the Order. Heck, he deflected blaster-bolts (aimed for him) back at their source with great precision without even looking at such opponents. Furthermore, Zallow was extremely agile and acrobatic as well.

Zallow is a BIG THING; his combat skill have been stated to be extremely refined and effective. He is regarded as the most impressive kill of Malgus. SWTOR encyclopedia counts him among the most famous and capable Jedi Knights of the Order.

As I said, Malgus holds no edge with lightsaber ability, while Vader holds edge in TK, and Malgus holds edge with lightning/force Maelstrom. though Vader doesn't need to worry too much about the former.
Malgus is more then a match for Vader in all aspects. He is equaled only in strength factor here.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He did use dual blades against Darach, plus he showed superior physical strength, two advantages he won't have against vader. Said sith warriors have been outmaneuvered by fodder soldiers. Is lord adrass impressive in any way? Again, what advantage does malgus hold in lightsaber combat? Only one I can think of is agility, which vader can easily counter

Edit: Vader didnt really want to kill/overpower Luke....

Nephthys
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Zallow killed any Sith warrior in his path (multiple opponents sometimes). He out-dueled even Lord Adrass. He was the best duelist inside the Jedi Temple, possibly superior to even Usma who is counted among the most celebrated duelists of the Order. Heck, he deflected blaster-bolts (aimed for him) back at their source with great precision without even looking at such opponents. Furthermore, Zallow was extremely agile and acrobatic as well.

Zallow is a BIG THING; his combat skill have been stated to be extremely refined and effective. He is regarded as the most impressive kill of Malgus. SWTOR encyclopedia counts him among the most famous and capable Jedi Knights of the Order.

Aryn Leneer >>>

estahuh

ares834
Vader cuts him in half.

S_W_LeGenD
He did use dual blades against Darach, plus he showed superior physical strength, two advantages he won't have against vader.
Malgus outgunned Darach because he managed to significantly tap in to his raw power (Malgus had immense Force potential) with his frame of mind at that moment. This feat is similar to that of Anakin's aboard Invisible Hand. And yes, he did use Jar Kai against Darach.

Said sith warriors have been outmaneuvered by fodder soldiers.
Sith warriors that were sent to destroy the Jedi Temple were far from mooks; Praven and Adraas were among them.

Is lord adrass impressive in any way?
Yes! He had decent Force abilities; destroyed a portion of the Temple floor by landing on it with force, killing many Republic troops in the process.

http://i39.tinypic.com/zx39mt.png

Adraas was also proficient in the use of advanced Sith applications such as FL and other shit.

Again, what advantage does malgus hold in lightsaber combat? Only one I can think of is agility, which vader can easily counter
Malgus can match Vader's strength blow to blow and can overwhelm him by fueling his power with his extremely refined mindset. Do not assume that Vader cannot be out-dueled by other great swordsmen. Both Luke and Marek out-dueled him.

S_W_LeGenD
Edit: Vader didnt really want to kill/overpower Luke....
Some canon sources disagree.

"Join me or you will be destroyed."

Do not forget that Vader chopped off the hand of his own son. Corruption of the dark side should not be underestimated.

The Merchant
Vader has taken bombs exploding on his chest and nay a scratch. He's casually defeated highly skilled assassins like they were nothing. Vader has beaten Jedi like the Dark Woman, council level members. I give it to Vader.

ROTJ Vader
Alright. Can someone post a list of Malguses best feats?. Because as of know im going for Vader.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The Merchant
Vader has taken bombs exploding on his chest and nay a scratch.
Malgus have took a direct missile hit and did not suffer any notable injuries. Also, he tanked through a starship engine, hurled towards him like a missile, without suffering a scratch from the resultant explosion. In-fact, he tolerated cliff shattering Force power. Heck, he got out from rubble of two buildings that fell around his positions.

Never ever try to underestimate Malgus's durability and defensive capabilities.

He's casually defeated highly skilled assassins like they were nothing.
Malgus could chew through Jedi Knights like butter. Sidious believed that Malgus's combat feats are unparalleled.

Vader has beaten Jedi like the Dark Woman, council level members. I give it to Vader.
Funny! Malgus have beaten more impressive foes.

In-fact, Malgus have extremely destructive powers such as Force Malestrom.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
Alright. Can someone post a list of Malguses best feats?. Because as of know im going for Vader.
Like;

- Out-dueled extremely capable adversaries (e.g. Kao and Zallow)
- Tanked a direct missile hit
- Tanked a Starship Engine and tolerated its resultant explosion
- Endured cliff shattering Force power
- Blew apart portion of rubble that fell over him during the collapse of two buildings around his position and got out from the mountain of rubble. Keep in mind that Malgus was in bad shape during this encounter.
- Was capable of defeating Satele (who is among the very best of the Jedi Order)
- Acquired extremely destructive Force abilities such as Force Maelstrom (Precursor to Force Storm Wormhole application)
- Collapsed columns of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant
- Achieved oneness with the dark side
- Killed lot of people with a Force wave

The Merchant
Malgus too damage from that missile though. Freaking scarred his face. And yes I know he did all that, however Vader has also been through similar stuff. Heck, a freaking Cathedral fell on him and then was stated as though he willed himself back to life. Without his mask.

So did Vader, heck he did it to a Master in Dark Lord when he had the disadvantage of being new in his suit.

Besides Shan, no one really comes to mind. Good for him, Vader has taken Galen's lightning amp'd by Kamino's storms and power generators and targetted in a hole on his suit and all it did was make him kneel on one knee, with the DS ending showing that he was faking that.

S_W_LeGenD
And yes I know he did all that, however Vader has also been through similar stuff.
Vader may have tanked some stuff but that stuff is not necessarily as lethal as you assume it to be. Missiles are extremely destructive weapons. Also, Marek badly injured Vader by throwing an explosive material at him. You should realize that Vader have tanking limits.

Heck, a freaking Cathedral fell on him and then was stated as though he willed himself back to life. Without his mask.
And he got out from it right afterwards?

So did Vader, heck he did it to a Master in Dark Lord when he had the disadvantage of being new in his suit.
Malgus have unparalleled combat feats as per Sidious. Do the math.

Besides Shan, no one really comes to mind. Good for him, Vader has taken Galen's lightning amp'd by Kamino's storms and power generators and targetted in a hole on his suit and all it did was make him kneel on one knee, with the DS ending showing that he was faking that.
Malgus have beaten several (very) impressive foes.

Game's depiction of that FL amp is contradicted by novelization and comic. Your point is moot.

It is only a matter of time before Vader goes down to an extremely potent barrage of FL. In-fact, Vader have no answer for Force Maelstrom talent of Malgus.

The Merchant
The bomb Vader tanked was meant to take out a whole room IIRC. Vader has tanked many things, and it was an extremely explosive fuel cell, which has to have more power than missiles since they power ships. And he still was fighting and standing from it.

Yeah, he was tied up though by an Officer.

And Sidious has called Vader the most powerful force user he's seen barring himself.

The Novelization states that Galen has fried an AT-AT in TFUI. TFUII Galen is stronger, and was stated to amp his lightning way more than usual and using a weak spot against him. Force MaelStorm also knew that technique too. And what's stopping Vader from simply TK'ing him or force pushing Malgus across hallways like he did to Celeste Morne?

Nephthys
In-fact, Vader have no answer for Force Maelstrom talent of Malgus.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The Force Maelstrom forms an 'unbreakable' bubble around the user. But Vader has shattered 'unbreakable' things before.

ROTJ Vader
Like;

- Out-dueled extremely capable adversaries (e.g. Kao and Zallow)
- Tanked a direct missile hit
- Tanked a Starship Engine and tolerated its resultant explosion
- Endured cliff shattering Force power
- Blew apart portion of rubble that fell over him during the collapse of two buildings around his position and got out from the mountain of rubble. Keep in mind that Malgus was in bad shape during this encounter.
- Was capable of defeating Satele (who is among the very best of the Jedi Order)
- Acquired extremely destructive Force abilities such as Force Maelstrom (Precursor to Force Storm Wormhole application)
- Collapsed columns of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant
- Achieved oneness with the dark side
- Killed lot of people with a Force wave

DAMN, pretty good. But i'd say Vader still takes a majority, but Malgus holds his own.

Intrepid37
Vader is better at virtually everything concerning a fight.

S_W_LeGenD
The bomb Vader tanked was meant to take out a whole room IIRC.
Any reasonably lethal explosive can accomplish this task.

Vader has tanked many things, and it was an extremely explosive fuel cell, which has to have more power than missiles since they power ships. And he still was fighting and standing from it.
Maybe or maybe not; SLM are specially designed for destructive purposes. Also, Vader was not able to fight after taking such a hit.

Yeah, he was tied up though by an Officer.
You mean pulled out from the rubble?

And Sidious has called Vader the most powerful force user he's seen barring himself.
Evidence?

The Novelization states that Galen has fried an AT-AT in TFUI.
It was AT-ST. Also, FL can be very effective against machines. Sensitive parts of machines can get damaged or explode if exposed to such power.

TFUII Galen is stronger, and was stated to amp his lightning way more than usual and using a weak spot against him.
Here;

With both hands he sent a wave of lightning into the sparking gash Juno had made in Vader's chest plate.

The Dark Lord staggered backward, transfixed by the unexpected retaliation. Starkiller leapt to his feet and followed him, keeping up the lightning attack and using telekinesis to rip Vader's lightsaber from his temporarily weakened fingers. Sheers of energy spread out across the wet rooftop. Smoke and steam rose up in a tortured spiral. The grating whine of Vader's respirator rook on a desperate edge.

He went down on one knee. Starkiller stood over him. Vader's lightsaber swept into his former apprentice's hand. The blade came to rest at his throat.

Starkiller stared into the black mask, breathing heavily. One twitch of the blade and Vader would be dead at last.

Source: TFU II Novelization

Seems like a normal burst of lightning from Galen.

In contrast, Malgus overwhelmed (dual) lightsaber based defenses of a powerful opponent with his lightning barrage; Malgus even overwhelmed Force based defenses of the same opponent with his lightning barrage, eventually killing the opponent. And this opponent evidently have Vader level Force abilities.

Force MaelStorm also knew that technique too.
Evidence?

And what's stopping Vader from simply TK'ing him or force pushing Malgus across hallways like he did to Celeste Morne?
And you think that Malgus is easy to overpower?

Celeste was not in good form to fight him (Vader); she had been in stasis for a long time. However, once she drew on the power of Karness, she turned the tide.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I wouldn't be so sure of that. The Force Maelstrom forms an 'unbreakable' bubble around the user. But Vader has shattered 'unbreakable' things before.
You should be able to understand difference between Force based defenses and inanimate objects.

Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
DAMN, pretty good. But i'd say Vader still takes a majority, but Malgus holds his own.

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Vader is better at virtually everything concerning a fight.

Subjective assertions; nothing concrete.

Nephthys
You should be able to understand difference between Force based defenses and inanimate objects.

Indeed. When a metal has been deemed unbreakable by actual scientists through actual tests, I'm more inclined to believe it is, and am therefore highly impressed when Vader proves them wrong. When a Force barrier is deemed as unbreakable based on ****all and nothing I assume its complete bullshit and pay it no mind.

sfriends23282
This is blatantly false.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by sfriends23282
This is blatantly false.

Hmm. How do you think this fight goes?

sfriends23282
I'm not sure. They're as evenly matched as any two combatants we've pitted against one another.

Intrepid37
Power: Vader
Skill: Vader
Speed: Vader or equal
Strength: Vader or equal

erm

Malgus won't go down easy, and he won't lose every round, but Vader has a clear advantage.

sfriends23282
Power is even, skill is even, speed is even, and so is strength.

Nephthys
Pretty much.

Intrepid37
In absolutely no way is power and skill even.

S_W_LeGenD
Indeed. When a metal has been deemed unbreakable by actual scientists through actual tests, I'm more inclined to believe it is, and am therefore highly impressed when Vader proves them wrong. When a Force barrier is deemed as unbreakable based on ****all and nothing I assume its complete bullshit and pay it no mind.
Well, Vader proved that inanimate objects do not match the power of the Force. It is possible that the protective bubble of Force Maelstrom application might be incredibly difficult to breach or grants temporary invincibility.

Remember that protective bubble which Revan summoned to prevent his physical demise at the hands of the Imperial Strike Team? Nothing could breach that bubble.

Here is a glimpse of this bubble:

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/c0/Malgus_using_Force_maelstrom_BoS.JPG

Also, it is not just the bubble; Force Maelstrom application involves lot of offensive power so Vader will have to deal with such power first before he can do something about the bubble.

Originally posted by sfriends23282
Power is even, skill is even, speed is even, and so is strength.
Malgus isn't half machine and he doesn't have limitations of Vader. Malgus have superior Force abilities and skill. He have defeated more impressive foes than Vader (OT) ever have; one of those foes evidently matches Vader himself in Force abilities.

Mizukage Yoda
Darth Vader takes this. There is no Vader clone, Malgus or Malak who can defeat Vader.

Aside from that, Vader has the speed to blitz force sensitives, the force power to collapse cathedrals and trade blows with Galen Stardestroyerpulling Marek, as well as his clone who could use the force to fire a round capable of destroying a Star Destroyer.

In fact, Vader casually pwned Starkiller right after he pulled down the SD. A fact many people seem to forget.

Throw in Vader's hype of being 80% of the most powerful Sith Lord in history, and he has this in the bag. Every Sith in the Sith Empire seems to pale in comparison to the Sith Emperor, whereas Vader is only inferior to the Emperor by a 20% margin.

sfriends23282
Baseless assertion since nobody is trying to be a "Vader clone".

Great. Malgus has the speed to blitz force sensitives, the force rage to collapse buildings, etc.

So what you're saying is, you've in no way demonstrated Vader's supposed superiority.

Intrepid37
Since when did Malgus collapse buildings?

Nephthys
He pwned a guy who did with the Force. And blasted away the rubble of two buildings a Jedi collapsed on him.

Intrepid37
You're telling me stuff I already know. I'll ask again, when did Malgus collapse buildings?

Petrus
Hmmm. I think I'm leaning for Vader.

S_W_LeGenD
Does Malgus needs to collapse a building to prove his superiority over Vader?

By all accounts, Malgus is superior to Vader, but some fans are too blind to realize this fact. Vader is an iconic character for sure but he isn't such a powerhouse as some fans assume him to be.

Intrepid37
I never said he had to collapse building to prove superiority, I asked for a claimed fact.

By all accounts, stop that bullshit. Vader is. just. better.

Ripping apart huge machines, throwing ships, knocking down huge trees, collapsing cathedrals?

http://i42.tinypic.com/13zxw5e.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/k4f6zq.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/34odcn8.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2rh1ilu.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2v1aeqb.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2mctu0k.jpg

Tearing off steel doors off ships, moving in blurs, moving faster than thought, producing four afterimages?

http://i42.tinypic.com/11si4n4.jpghttp://i42.tinypic.com/24xgt8k.jpg

Vader draws and ignites his lightsaber faster than thought:

Faster than thought, Vader drew and ignited his light-saber.

-Galaxy of Fear: Clones

Vader moves his lightsaber faster than thought and in a blur:

The lightsaber hadn't been there, and then it was, and the lightsaber was a blur. Vader moved without seeming to move, and the lightsaber sliced into Roan, straight into his chest. Straight into his heart.

-Last of the Jedi: Secret Weapon

What about killing, what, five of seven Jedi that ambushed him, and that it was during the Purge, decades before he grew in skill and eventually peaked in RotJ?

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz10_zps7cf40f90.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz11s_zps838d0c81.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz12_zpsb5cefa03.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz13_zpsa7defa56.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz14_zps0696882d.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz15_zpsf9bb49e0.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz16_zps27923feb.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz17_zps71e386d0.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz18_zpsc7ea8ed8.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz19_zps9531d918.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz20_zpsd77510b7.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz21_zps6af86d47.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz22_zps13fac107.jpg

Malgus has nothing on Vader. The only thing I question his lightning as it would definitely hurt Vader a lot, but Vader has his saber which should be sufficient.

Nephthys
Vader draws and ignites his lightsaber faster than thought:

Faster than thought, Vader drew and ignited his light-saber.

Obvious hyperbole is obvious.

What about killing, what, five of seven Jedi that ambushed him, and that it was during the Purge, decades before he grew in skill and eventually peaked in RotJ?

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz10_zps7cf40f90.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz11s_zps838d0c81.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz12_zpsb5cefa03.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz13_zpsa7defa56.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz14_zps0696882d.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz15_zpsf9bb49e0.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz16_zps27923feb.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz17_zps71e386d0.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz18_zpsc7ea8ed8.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz19_zps9531d918.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz20_zpsd77510b7.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz21_zps6af86d47.jpg
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/blz22_zps13fac107.jpg

Fodder. Malgus has taken on better Jedi while wounded. Plus those Jedi wound him and almost kill him.

In the False Emperor flashpoint he brings the strike team to its knees with lightning and overpowers and throws them around, a team which consists of either the Hero of Tython and the Barsen'thor or Darth Nox and the Emperor's Wrath, any one of which is a good fight for Vader.

Malgus has nothing on Vader. The only thing I question his lightning as it would definitely hurt Vader a lot, but Vader has his saber which should be sufficient.

Ridiculous. Sidious claims Malgus' battlefield showings have never been duplicated.

Theres a reason a good chunk of the Empire supported Malgus as the Second Emperor and that reason is that he's a ****ing beast. Saying he has nothing on Vader is frankly idiotic.

Also saying Vader can block his lightning is unsubstantiated. I recall nothing that indicates Vader can block lightning of Malgus' intensity.

Intrepid37
Obvious hyperbole is obvious.
Sure, and we can ignore it for all I care. Generating those afterimages is better.

Fodder. Malgus has taken on better Jedi while wounded. Plus those Jedi wound him and almost kill him.
Yeah, I'm sure he has.

In the False Emperor flashpoint he brings the strike team to its knees with lightning and overpowers and throws them around, a team which consists of either the Hero of Tython and the Barsen'thor or Darth Nox and the Emperor's Wrath, any one of which is a good fight for Vader.
Sounds kind of non-canon.

Ridiculous. Sidious claims Malgus' battlefield showings have never been duplicated.
Right, and I guess he's above the Emperor himself.

Theres a reason a good chunk of the Empire supported Malgus as the Second Emperor and that reason is that he's a ****ing beast. Saying he has nothing on Vader is frankly idiotic.
The only thing he's got on Vader is lightning, and I have already said that he won't lose every time, but there's a very clear difference in every other category.

Also saying Vader can block his lightning is unsubstantiated. I recall nothing that indicates Vader can block lightning of Malgus' intensity.
He blocked Marek's lightning? And this is assuming he will actually use lightning, which is questionable, as he didn't against Zallow.

sfriends23282
What's this? Someone moved faster than a thought? You mean you found a user who utilized force speed? Wow

Sounds like anything you don't agree with is non canon. While the gameplay mechanics of that flashpoint aren't canon, the flashpoint is. I've played it many times.

Nice logic. He didn't use lightning against character A so there's little chance he'd use it against character B, nevermind the fact that he'll notice Vader is a cyborg at some point.

Nephthys
Sure, and we can ignore it for all I care. Generating those afterimages is better.

Then why mention it?

Yeah, I'm sure he has.

thumb up

Sounds kind of non-canon.

It happens in a cutscene.

Right, and I guess he's above the Emperor himself.

I'm pretty sure neither Emperor has ever stepped foot on a battlefield let alone fought on one.

The only thing he's got on Vader is lightning, and I have already said that he won't lose every time, but there's a very clear difference in every other category.

Nah, Malgus is pretty awesome all round.

He blocked Marek's lightning?

Is that a question? Because I'm pretty sure I don't recall him doing that.

The_Tempest
Kindly explain the relevance of this to the greater discussion.

Lightsabers block lightning. Revan can bat Vitiate's lightning around and Windu can keep Sidious's at bay. If you're asserting that Vader is incapable of blocking Malgus's energies with one, it's your burden to prove.

sfriends23282
Except Revan couldn't bat Vitiate's lightning around when Vitiate turned it up, and Windu was about to slice his own head off with his saber when Sidious turned his up.

Nephthys
Windu wasn't going to slice his own head off. Re-watch the scene, his saber was moving towards Sidious.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Kindly explain the relevance of this to the greater discussion.

Intrepid claimed Malgus has nothing on Vader. I pointed out that quote, which is extremely high praise from Sidious and indicates Malgus is hardly as outmatched as Intrepid said. And it's not as if Sidious isn't intimately aware of Anakin's battlefield feats in order to compare them

Lightsabers block lightning. Revan can bat Vitiate's lightning around and Windu can keep Sidious's at bay. If you're asserting that Vader is incapable of blocking Malgus's energies with one, it's your burden to prove.

Lightsabers can be overpowered. Malgus has overwhelmed lightsaber defenses twice, once in Deceived against Aryn Leneer and once in The Third Lesson against a powerful Jedi Knight capable of collapsing two buildings.

In this case it's yours and Intrepids burden to prove that Vader has the ability to defend against Force Lightning as powerful as Malgus'. It is not my responsibility to prove that he cannot do so, which would be proving a negative. My burden of proof extends only as far as proving the strength of Malgus' lightning (which I've done in other threads but if either of you want a refresher I will give you it). If you cannot provide evidence or an arguement about why he can block it then he cannot by default.

The_Tempest
Intrepid claimed Malgus has nothing on Vader. I pointed out that quote, which is extremely high praise from Sidious and indicates Malgus is hardly as outmatched as Intrepid said. And it's not as if Sidious isn't intimately aware of Anakin's battlefield feats in order to compare them

I also am skeptical of the claim that Vader has nothing on Malgus. But what does Sidious's remark about Malgus's feats have anything to do with approximating one to the other? All it means is that, according to Sidious, Malgus has done things no other Sith has done. That's impressive if we assume its broad implications. If we take the statement literally, though, all it means is just that: no one has done certain things Malgus has. Doesn't mean someone like Sidious or Vitiate wouldn't slaughter him with impunity, does it? Of course not.

Lightsabers can be overpowered. Malgus has overwhelmed lightsaber defenses twice, once in Deceived against Aryn Leneer and once in The Third Lesson against a powerful Jedi Knight capable of collapsing two buildings.

In this case it's yours and Intrepids burden to prove that Vader has the ability to defend against Force Lightning as powerful as Malgus'. It is not my responsibility to prove that he cannot do so, which would be proving a negative. My burden of proof extends only as far as proving the strength of Malgus' lightning (which I've done in other threads but if either of you want a refresher I will give you it). If you cannot provide evidence or an arguement about why he can block it then he cannot by default.

You'll have to refresh my memory on these subjects. And it's important to note that I, as the spectator, don't have to prove anything. This is between you and Intrepid. All I need do is mercilessly challenge and nitpick. I'm not claiming absolutely one way or another. But the straightforward interpretation is that lightsabers are fairly effective in defending against Force lightning when the defender is prepared. Certainly it sometimes fails: you claim Sidious made little headway with Mace but he disarmed Yoda pretty handily. Dooku, one of the most powerful Sith Lord of all time, was unable to overwhelm Obi-Wan's defense in AOTC (though I concede the possibility Dooku wasn't giving it his all).

Vader, another one of history's strongest Sith who has a number of accolades and feats to his name, can be reasonably expected to defend against Force lightning if he has his lightsaber. I'd need to be convinced that Malgus has what it takes to bring him down when he's focused.

Intrepid37
Then why mention it?
I felt the need to mention a few of his feats just in case.

thumb up
Really, beating five of seven fodder-Jedi is alone better than beating one fodder-Jedi in Zallow. That he did it decades before his peak just makes it even better.

It happens in a cutscene.
I mean the way that he can face two different teams.

I'm pretty sure neither Emperor has ever stepped foot on a battlefield let alone fought on one.
I'm pretty sure that Sidious' claim about Malgus means jack shit.

Nah, Malgus is pretty awesome all round.
Nice red herring which I never denied. As it stands, Vader's better in every category.

Is that a question? Because I'm pretty sure I don't recall him doing that.
It was a question as I can't remember. But either way, I see no reason for Vader would be unable to block the lightning. Kenobi blocked Dooku's, Zannah blocked Bane's, Mace blocked Sidious' etc. Vader, as one of the most powerful Sith in the franchise, should be capable of that. Saying otherwise is ignorant.

pencilcrayon
Anakin has processed information in less than a microsecond ( 10^-6 seconds ).
Vader is able to attack with a lightsaber in less than the above time, making his combat speed at a million meters/second. Some Jedi seem to be even faster than that.

Stigma

NewGuy01
Actually, Tempest and Stigma, that theory is blatantly incorrect.

"Malgus submitted utterly to the dark side, and doing so made him an exemplary warrior. His battlefield feats have never been duplicated."

-The Book of Anger, Chapter 2 of "Absolute Power" by Darth Sidious

Never means "never". It doesn't mean "never during his time" or anything of the sort. Up until the Dark Times where Palpatine and Vader reigned, Malgus's battlefield feats had not once been duplicated.

Mizukage Yoda
No shit his battlefield feats were never duplicated. That was likely the largest and longest Jedi vs. Sith confrontation in history. The Sith Wars in the Bane era pale in comparison to the TOR Great Galactic War. Malgus was at the head of the Sith charge for two decades.

Compare that to the Clone Wars which lasted only about 3 years, and the Rebellion which could barely even constitute as a war, and no Malgus' battlefield feats would never be duplicated.

But if you put Vader, or Yoda, or Mace into an era of constant warfare you can be damned sure they'd do more than duplicate Malgus' feats. The PT Jedi only got to test themselves against legions of droids, not legions of Sith. Similarly Dooku, Vader, Maul, and Palpatine commanded their legions from afar mostly. It was rare indeed when Vader took to the field, and cutting down Rebel scum is hardly comparable to cutting down seasoned Jedi Knights and Masters.

Too bad the PT Clone Wars wasn't just an all out war between the Sith and the Jedi. Would have been ****ing sweet. **** the Rule of Two.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by NewGuy01

"Malgus submitted utterly to the dark side, and doing so made him an exemplary warrior. His battlefield feats have never been duplicated."

Never means "never". It doesn't mean "never during his time" or anything of the sort. Up until the Dark Times where Palpatine and Vader reigned, Malgus's battlefield feats had not once been duplicated.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Nephthys

Nephthys

SIDIOUS 66
You would give Malgus the edge in strength, after you admitted that Vader's strength gave trouble to Starkiller, who can throw around tie fighters?

Nephthys
I said equal.

SIDIOUS 66
Sorry

SIDIOUS 66
But still, equal?

Nephthys
It takes a lot of force to kick a guy across a room with enough power to snap a column.

Plus Galen threw that TIE fighter while in the air, which likely made it easier to do. #SCIENCE

SIDIOUS 66
Actually, it would be harder because Galen would have nothing to ground his legs to, which means Galen had to use his upper body strength alone. Even when lifting or throwing something heavier than you are, you would need to use legs as support.

DARTH POWER

Which only speaks of Dooku's weakness in terms of Force lightning imo.

Really?

However, against high-level lightning I'd need actual evidence. To say he could block Malgus' lightning is completely unsupported. You need more than to be pretty good to block his lightning, as he's shown before.

Since you believe Mace successfully contained Sidious's FL, then the only reason you wouldn't believe Vader could contain Malgus's is either:

1) You believe Windu is more powerful in the Force than Vader, or

2) Malgus's FL is more powerful than Sidious's.

If you don't believe either of these 2 points, then obviously Vader can contain Malgus's FL with his Saber. If you do believe one of the above points, then I suggest you make a strong case for it, because they both seem pretty unlikely.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Actually, it would be harder because Galen would have nothing to ground his legs to, which means Galen had to use his upper body strength alone. Even when lifting or throwing something heavier than you are, you would need to use legs as support.

No.

SCIENCE.

Wouldn't it be easier to move it though since it isn't on the floor and since its already falling its easier to make it move in a direction you want?

Nephthys
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Really?

Dooku's lightning is relatively unimpressive.

Since you believe Mace successfully contained Sidious's FL, then the only reason you wouldn't believe Vader could contain Malgus's is either:

1) You believe Windu is more powerful in the Force than Vader, or

2) Malgus's FL is more powerful than Sidious's.

If you don't believe either of these 2 points, then obviously Vader can contain Malgus's FL with his Saber. If you do believe one of the above points, then I suggest you make a strong case for it, because they both seem pretty unlikely.

Or 3) Vaapad.

SIDIOUS 66
Not really, unless we are to assume that it weighs less while in the air. But if Galan was merely pushing it in the direction that it was already falling, then yeah it might be easier, but you said he was throwing it.

SIDIOUS 66
It wouldn't weigh less while being in the air, and even if it did Galen would also weigh less, so it wouldn't really make much of a difference, other than it still being harder because Galen still wouldn't have anything to root his legs to.

Nephthys
uwbL-h65wic

You judge. 7.40

SIDIOUS 66
I might be able to judge better from my laptop, but from the looks of it, it seems harder, as Galen was slinging it around, and even seeming to momentarily break it's fall by tossing it a little higher in another direction.

Stigma
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Thanks for providing the full quote and shedding more light on the matter.

This does not undermine the first part of my ealier post, though.

Intrepid37

Nephthys

Intrepid37

The_Tempest
No. I don't think Vader's going to straight up punk Malgus.

As Intrepid has noted, no one's denying that Malgus is skilled in battle. But if you take the quote literally with its implications, then we'd have to put Malgus above Sidious and Vitiate as well.

As for the rest is concerned, you've established that Malgus is capable of overwhelming Jedi's defenses. Overwhelming Vader's defenses is another matter entirely.

Nephthys
And, really, neither does Zallow.

Dude fodderised the strongest Sith Warriors in the Empire and owned Adraas. He was a premier Jedi Master at the time, while Shryne was some washed up loser.

Think of Malgus decades before Deceived. You'd think he would? I don't.

And Vader would annihilate Zallow.

You mean, at the time when he owned Darach? Yeah, I still think he would.

Eh, I wouldn't quite say he's annihilate him. Remember that Malgus did gain a huge boost after fighting Zallow and it was 13 years until TOR, so he has even more time to grow after that.

Yes. So what?

So I don't find it take impressive.

Arguable.

Not really.

Yes, everyone know he's skilled, Jesus Christ. Sidious' claim doesn't make him more skilled than Vader nor Obi-Wan.

Did I say it did? No. He is at least close to them though.

Eh, alright, but she, like Zallow, lack any specific skill feats.

Not really. She's run through Sith Warrior like they're fodder and beaten Dark Council members.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that doesn't put him above Vader.

Again, I didn't say it does. I'm merely responding to your claim that 'Malgus has nothing on Vader.' Do you still think that's accurate?

I never said it was ''noticeable'', but we learn from Deceived that Malgus' strength was countered by some Jedi's superior speed.

Yeah and he still beat her both times they fought. And, again, he improved dramatically afterwards.

He didn't own the Jedi through sheer telekinesis and all the scans I posted happened before the events of RotJ anyway, so the boost in power goes for Vader too.

He notes that he can kill the Jedi 'in a dozen of ways, but he needed the satisfaction of a lightsaber kill.' So you see he could have overwhelmed him with TK as he did with lightning. He still overpowered him with the Force at any rate.

I though Vader only improved his skill? Besides, his improvement in power is non-specific whereas we can see just how large it is in Deceived.

Malgus' one win out of ten might be the occasion when he luckily hits Vader with lightning, then. wink

Aha aha aha no. no expression

Malgus is Vader's equal. If not superior due to his lightning.

Also, I would like to bring up that Zannah's blocked Bane's lightning multiple times, and while Vader is unquestionably more powerful than Zannah, Bane's lightning matches that of Malgus, so again, I don't see why Vader shouldn't be able to block it.

Because Zannah actually demonstrated that she can block Bane's lightning.

Vader has not demonstrated blocking any lightning. Its pure speculation to think that he can.

Nephthys
No. I don't think Vader's going to straight up punk Malgus.

I meant that you said you were skeptical about Vader having nothing on Malgus, when we're talking about Malgus having nothing on Vader. You got them switched up when you wrote it, lol.

Obviously I agree though.

As Intrepid has noted, no one's denying that Malgus is skilled in battle. But if you take the quote literally with its implications, then we'd have to put Malgus above Sidious and Vitiate as well.

And as I said that doesn't really apply to them since neither has fought in a battle. I agree though that it doesn't like, put him above everyone. Or everyone who's ever fought in a war. I'm just saying that its an incredibly impressive claim. That he's done things that no-one else has ever replicated in battle. Its speaks highly of his abilities and shows that, yes, he is among the very best in the mythos. Definitely up there with Dooku, Windu, Vader, Caedus and Revan etc etc.

I mean, you agree that its extremely impressive, right? Thats all I'm saying after all. It just sounds like you're trying to wave it off.

As for the rest is concerned, you've established that Malgus is capable of overwhelming Jedi's defenses. Overwhelming Vader's defenses is another matter entirely.

And when Vader's defenses are proven to be greater than those Jedi get back to me. Until then he has nothing but supposition.

Zett
As I remeber, Malgus had a lot of problems against Aryn Leneer. Also, it looks like he was equal or just a bit better then Zallow.
Zallow and Leneer were, I guess, under the league of people like Plo Koon, Kit Fisto or Cin Drallig.

We can't forget, that times of Clone Wars (and short before) were called "Jedi Prime Era" and "Golden Age of the Jedi".
It's clear, that "random" battlemasters and jedi masters (like Drallig, Bulq, Fisto) from CW era were more powerful then those from TOR era (like Zallow, Darach etc).

So, Vader by far.

Intrepid37
Dude fodderised the strongest Sith Warriors in the Empire and owned Adraas. He was a premier Jedi Master at the time, while Shryne was some washed up loser.
Adraas doesn't impress me, and that random soldier fodderised Sith Warriors as well. Meanwhile, Shryne is superior to Jedi called ''very skilled''. They're probably equal.

You mean, at the time when he owned Darach? Yeah, I still think he would.
How long is that before the book?

Eh, I wouldn't quite say he's annihilate him. Remember that Malgus did gain a huge boost after fighting Zallow and it was 13 years until TOR, so he has even more time to grow after that.
Zallow is just as random as Shryne dude. He's done nothing that makes me think he wouldn't get crushed by Vader.

So I don't find it take impressive.
???

Fighting someone of RotS Obi-Wan's caliber as an equal swordsman is not impressive from Vader's point of view?

Not really.
Yeah really.

Did I say it did? No. He is at least close to them though.
laughing out loud

You've been arguing that Malgus is close to Vader as a swordsman? We could've agreed that they're fairly close pages ago.

Not really. She's run through Sith Warrior like they're fodder
So did that soldier.

and beaten Dark Council members.
When/who?

Again, I didn't say it does. I'm merely responding to your claim that 'Malgus has nothing on Vader.' Do you still think that's accurate?
Given that I meant there is no category in which Malgus has an advantage, yes, I'd say he'd have nothing on Vader.

Yeah and he still beat her both times they fought. And, again, he improved dramatically afterwards.
And again, Vader's skill feats happening decades before his prime seems to be a fact you're forgetting.

Either way, it's of no matter since you've agree

He notes that he can kill the Jedi 'in a dozen of ways, but he needed the satisfaction of a lightsaber kill.' So you see he could have overwhelmed him with TK as he did with lightning. He still overpowered him with the Force at any rate.
And he also notes how he realizes that the Jedi was ''baiting him'' and ''feigning weakness''. Hardly translates into Malgus being able to Force pwn the Jedi.

I though Vader only improved his skill?
No, Vader muses that he was more powerful than ever in RotJ.

Besides, his improvement in power is non-specific whereas we can see just how large it is in Deceived.
What do you mean?

Malgus is Vader's equal. If not superior due to his lightning.
Bullshit.

Because Zannah actually demonstrated that she can block Bane's lightning.

Vader has not demonstrated blocking any lightning. Its pure speculation to think that he can.
And it'd be purely ignorant and stupid to say he wouldn't be able to. Even AotC Obi-Wan could, and he's not even Fisto's equal.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Zett
As I remeber, Malgus had a lot of problems against Aryn Leneer. Also, it looks like he was equal or just a bit better then Zallow.
Zallow and Leneer were, I guess, under the league of people like Plo Koon, Kit Fisto or Cin Drallig.

We can't forget, that times of Clone Wars (and short before) were called "Jedi Prime Era" and "Golden Age of the Jedi".
It's clear, that "random" battlemasters and jedi masters (like Drallig, Bulq, Fisto) from CW era were more powerful then those from TOR era (like Zallow, Darach etc).

So, Vader by far.

Yeah and the TOR era was the "Jedi Renaissance". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Titles like that mean nothing about actual individual skill imo. Aryn and Zallow had survived in a war against actual lightsabers combatants after all, so I don't see why we should assume they're inferior in that aspect against people fighting against droids.

The_Tempest
THAT ONLY PROVES HOW AWESOME JACE MALCOM IS LAWL NOT HOW LOSERISH THOSE SITH ARE

THAT ONLY PROVES HOW LOSERISH DOOKU IS LAWL NOT HOW AWESOME OBI-WAN IS

DO YOU SEE HOW I'VE PERFECTED TOR WANK IN CONJUNCTION WITH S_W_LEGEND? IT HAS BEEN A DELICATE PROCESS BUT I BELIEVE THAT THIS, THE CULMINATION OF OUR YEARS OF HARD WORK AND EFFORT, WAS WELL WORTH IT. BEHOLD OUR SUCCESS

Nephthys
TEMPEST ANGRY.
TEMPEST LASH OUT.
TEMPEST WORDS.

Adraas doesn't impress me, and that random soldier fodderised Sith Warriors as well. Meanwhile, Shryne is superior to Jedi called ''very skilled''. They're probably equal.

That "random soldier" was the Leader of Havoc Squad. In fact he was the founder, since he was so damn good they created a squad for him of the absolute best troops in the Republic.

How long is that before the book?

28 years. no expression

Between 3,681 BBY and 3,653 BBY, with the invasion of Korriban in the Return trailer being the opening conflict and Deceived showing the ending of it. Malgus fought in both.

Zallow is just as random as Shryne dude. He's done nothing that makes me think he wouldn't get crushed by Vader.

He isn't just as random as Shryne though.

???

Fighting someone of RotS Obi-Wan's caliber as an equal swordsman is not impressive from Vader's point of view?

The only reason you're say he was RotS Kenobi level is because he fought Vader equally. I don't know what other "logical chain improvements" you could be using considering the only other thing Lukes done in lightsabers at that point is get motherfvcking SCHOOLED by Celeste Morne.

Yeah really.

How can Obi-Wan stand up to someone who was tossing around people like the HoT, Baresen'thor, Nox or Wrath? Malgus owned a Jedi who collapsed two buildings, a feat above any of Kenobi. I see no reason he wouldn't own Kenobi too.

laughing out loud

You've been arguing that Malgus is close to Vader as a swordsman? We could've agreed that they're fairly close pages ago.

At least, yes. Ok cool.

So did that soldier.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100824233746/starwars/images/thumb/5/5b/Havoc_Squad_Insignia.svg/257px-Havoc_Squad_Insignia.svg.png

When/who?

The Battle of Rhem Var. Darth Mehkis.

Given that I meant there is no category in which Malgus has an advantage, yes, I'd say he'd have nothing on Vader.

http://media.tumblr.com/3d48f53c99c22a0fa95439b5cd1f4126/tumblr_inline_mnozp19s0U1qz4rgp.png

And again, Vader's skill feats happening decades before his prime seems to be a fact you're forgetting.

Either way, it's of no matter since you've agree

I don't really see what that has to do with Malgus vs Aryn but ok.

And he also notes how he realizes that the Jedi was ''baiting him'' and ''feigning weakness''. Hardly translates into Malgus being able to Force pwn the Jedi.

Except that he....... does Force pwn the Jedi. erm

No, Vader muses that he was more powerful than ever in RotJ.

Ok.

What do you mean?

I mean that he goes from fighting Aryn equally and her being able to block his lightning in midair to him almost casually owning her.

I'm sorry.

Bullshit.

INTREPID CONFUSED.
INTREPID LASH OUT.
INTREPID WORDS.

And it'd be purely ignorant and stupid to say he wouldn't be able to. Even AotC Obi-Wan could, and he's not even Fisto's equal.

Yes, because obviously if Obi-Wan can block Dookus lightning, we can assume that anyone can block anyones lightning. That are made sense.

Go sit in the corner. sneer

Intrepid37
THAT ONLY PROVES HOW AWESOME JACE MALCOM IS LAWL NOT HOW LOSERISH THOSE SITH ARE

THAT ONLY PROVES HOW LOSERISH DOOKU IS LAWL NOT HOW AWESOME OBI-WAN IS

DO YOU SEE HOW I'VE PERFECTED TOR WANK IN CONJUNCTION WITH S_W_LEGEND? IT HAS BEEN A DELICATE PROCESS BUT I BELIEVE THAT THIS, THE CULMINATION OF OUR YEARS OF HARD WORK AND EFFORT, WAS WELL WORTH IT. BEHOLD OUR SUCCESS
Lol. Remember what you told me about the TOR camp in that Revan vs Maul thread? Still the truest words I've seen spoken on these boards.

Nephthys
You cannot hope to beat me in TOR wank. When it comes to TOR wank, I am simply the best there is.

The_Tempest
....And I called it. My intimate knowledge of Neph is extraordinary. He dances like a puppet on my marionette.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/783811/crazy-laugh-o.gif

Nephthys
To be honest I think the PT era is wanked a hell of a lot more than the TOR era. At least I don't go around claiming people are superior simply for being from it or argue that the people of that era are the greatest in the entire mythos.

The_Tempest
To be honest I think the PT era is wanked a hell of a lot more than the TOR era. At least I don't go around claiming people are superior simply for being from it or argue that the people of that era are the greatest in the entire mythos.

Puppets do not type, Puppet. uhuh

Any criticism levied against the PT wank is undermined by the fact that all I need do is point to S_W_LeGenD and I win by default.

Once he is exiled to the far corners of the interwebz, you may have a point. Until then, he is a giant smear of dumbass on your worldview window.

Intrepid37
Neph, I don't get what you're arguing. Malgus>Vader, Vader=Malgus, Vader>Malgus...?

The_Tempest
Neph, I don't get what you're arguing. Malgus>Vader, Vader=Malgus, Vader>Malgus...?

It depends on how much you piss him off.

For my part, I voted that Vader has an edge. I don't see him clobbering Malgus, but I think he has an edge.

Nephthys
Puppets do not type, Puppet. uhuh

Any criticism levied against the PT wank is undermined by the fact that all I need do is point to S_W_LeGenD and I win by default.

Once he is exiled to the far corners of the interwebz, you may have a point. Until then, he is a giant smear of dumbass on your worldview window.

I see you've gotten to the stage where you stop attempting to challenge me and started up with the childish mockery in order to appear to save face.

Good. Seeing you prance around like the court jester is so much fun.

Intrepid37
It depends on how much you piss him off.

For my part, I voted that Vader has an edge. I don't see him clobbering Malgus, but I think he has an edge.
Apparantly people are getting the idea that I think Vader would pwn Malgus. Does ''has nothing on him'' means pwn?

Nephthys
Yes.

Intrepid37
lol

The_Tempest
I see you've gotten to the stage where you stop attempting to challenge me and started up with the childish mockery in order to appear to save face.

I see you flee when I throw S_W_LeGenD in your face after you voluntarily discuss wank.

Being shackled to the village idiot must suck. I will gladly flog you for your association.

Good. Seeing you prance around like the court jester is so much fun.

My simile with puppets and dancing was better.

Nephthys
No it wasn't, because a marionette is a puppet, so you just said I'm a puppet dancing on your puppet. Which is nonsensical and strikes me as somewhat sordid.

pencilcrayon
How big are those said buildings?

The_Tempest
No it wasn't, because a marionette is a puppet, so you just said I'm a puppet dancing on your puppet. Which is nonsensical and strikes me as somewhat sordid.

The other puppet is clearly my penis.

Nephthys
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
How big are those said buildings?

Likely rather large. He collapses them from both sides of a street on top of Malgus, so they'd have to be rather large to topple over like that, judging from the buildings outside my house. And they formed a pile of rubble large enough that even after Malgus blows rubble away he still have to Force leap over the heap. He also describes the rubble as a 'mountain' and when its falling its described as an 'avalanche.' Looking outside my window, even if the 3 story house fell over I doubt it would form a 'mountain of rubble' sufficient to envelop a man in the center, with another building on the other side.

The_Tempest
Obviously refers to political power.

Nephthys
Also the buildings on Alderaan in the game are rather large.

Like so.

The_Tempest
In-universe source.

pencilcrayon
Anakin could collapse a 200 meter building in a Force vision of Obi-Wan's. ( Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno )
That's decades before RotJ. Vader lost his speed and much of his potential, but not his command of the Force.

Nephthys
He didn't though.

And Kenobi seemed more worried that Anakin would damage the columns supporting the roof then just flat out pull down the building.

Intrepid37
That "random soldier" was the Leader of Havoc Squad. In fact he was the founder, since he was so damn good they created a squad for him of the absolute best troops in the Republic.
And according to you, they're the best Sith warriors out there. No matter how good you ar

28 years. no expression

Between 3,681 BBY and 3,653 BBY, with the invasion of Korriban in the Return trailer being the opening conflict and Deceived showing the ending of it. Malgus fought in both.
Okkay.

He isn't just as random as Shryne though.
At least Shryne has a book centering around him.

The only reason you're say he was RotS Kenobi level is because he fought Vader equally. I don't know what other "logical chain improvements" you could be using considering the only other thing Lukes done in lightsabers at that point is get motherfvcking SCHOOLED by Celeste Morne.
What's your point?

How can Obi-Wan stand up to someone who was tossing around people like the HoT, Baresen'thor, Nox or Wrath? Malgus owned a Jedi who collapsed two buildings, a feat above any of Kenobi. I see no reason he wouldn't own Kenobi too.
Kenobi's more skilled, more powerful and faster than Zallow, who definitely held out against Malgus. Why shouldn't Obi-Wan?

At least, yes. Ok cool.
Kindly update me on your stance as how Vader and Malgus compare in power, skill, speed and strength.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100824233746/starwars/images/thumb/5/5b/Havoc_Squad_Insignia.svg/257px-Havoc_Squad_Insignia.svg.png
?

The Battle of Rhem Var. Darth Mehkis.
Lol, feats for Mehkis?

http://media.tumblr.com/3d48f53c99c22a0fa95439b5cd1f4126/tumblr_inline_mnozp19s0U1qz4rgp.png
Why?

I don't really see what that has to do with Malgus vs Aryn but ok.
You keep rambling about Malgus improving, but Vader's skill feats, all of which are better than Malgus', happens before he improved too.

Except that he....... does Force pwn the Jedi. erm
With lightning IIRC.

I mean that he goes from fighting Aryn equally and her being able to block his lightning in midair to him almost casually owning her.
Yeah. So?

I'm sorry.
What?

INTREPID CONFUSED.
INTREPID LASH OUT.
INTREPID WORDS.
Remember when you accused me of wanking Malgus because I said he'd beat Bane... wink

Yes, because obviously if Obi-Wan can block Dookus lightning, we can assume that anyone can block anyones lightning. That are made sense.

Go sit in the corner. sneer
Yes, because obviously Vader can block lightning when someone of Obi-Wan's caliber can.

Based
You cannot hope to beat me in TOR wank. When it comes to TOR wank, I am simply the best there is.

When it comes to trying to rationalize the wank then sure. But in pure wank you're second, sorry.

Nephthys
Noooooooooo!

Nephthys
And according to you, they're the best Sith warriors out there. No matter how good you ar

No no no no. The Sith Warriors who attack the temple in the Deceived trailer as said to be the best ones in the Empire. The one of Alderaan were regular Sith dudes (although still good obviously).

Okkay.

Damn straight its ok.

Mo'fvker!

At least Shryne has a book centering around him.

So did Scout.

Kenobi's more skilled, more powerful and faster than Zallow, who definitely held out against Malgus. Why shouldn't Obi-Wan?

He didn't really hold out against him. He died in about 20 seconds, lol. Aryn Leneer is what I'd call holding out since she put up a much better fight.

But Malgus then grew to the point he could own her, and therefore he would own Zallow too. By extension he'd beat Kenobi's ass as well.

Kindly update me on your stance as how Vader and Malgus compare in power, skill, speed and strength.

Power = Malgus might have an edge imo.
Skill = Equal
Speed = Vader through lack of evidence for Malgus has a slight edge
Strength = Equal

Though I think Malgus' lightning give him the edge in a fight as Vader doesn't really have anything to counter it and I'm not seeing anything indicating he can block it.

?

Havoc Squad 4 lyfe.

Lol, feats for Mehkis?

I don't fvcking know. Shes a Dark Council member.

Why?

It was a jab over you saying Malgus still had nothing on Vader. Obviously I disagree. Even if it appears you weren't using that as I though you were.

You keep rambling about Malgus improving, but Vader's skill feats, all of which are better than Malgus', happens before he improved too.

No they aren't better than Malgus'. And as I said we have no we of telling how much Vader improved, while we do know that Malgus improved by a lot.

With lightning IIRC.

Yeah. So?

Yeah. So?

So we can extrapolate from that that the boost to his power that Malgus gained was rather large.

What?

I'm worthless. http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/negativeman-55f.png

Remember when you accused me of wanking Malgus because I said he'd beat Bane... wink

He's still not beating Bane.

Yes, because obviously Vader can block lightning when someone of Obi-Wan's caliber can.

Not all lightning is as powerful as Dooku's. Malgus' is above Dooku's. Plus as Tempest said its likely Dooku wasn't really trying.

Finally, that isn't obvious. Vader hasn't shown that he can. Perhaps Obi-Wan is better than him in that regard.

The_Tempest
Likewise, Malgus hasn't shown that he's capable of overwhelming someone of Vader's caliber.

Impasse.

Nephthys
What is Vaders caliber with blocking lightning with a lightsaber?

The ease that he displays in overpowering Aryn Leneer is enough for me. In the other thread people are putting her above Satale.

The_Tempest
Given that blocking shit with a lightsaber is such an exceedingly rare, esoteric skill, perhaps we'll never know.

Nephthys
We don't know because we have no evidence.

Would you assume that Vitiate can keep up in lightsabers against top level duelists simply because he's a top caliber Sith? Lightsaber skill being such a rare skill for a Sith to have.

Would you assume Exar Kun can resist Vaders TK just because he's powerful, despit having no TK feats?

The_Tempest
We don't know because we have no evidence.

Would you assume that Vitiate can keep up in lightsabers against top level duelists simply because he's a top caliber Sith? Lightsaber skill being such a rare skill for a Sith to have.

Would you assume Exar Kun can resist Vaders TK just because he's powerful, despit having no TK feats?

Would I assume Vitiate would be equal or superior in skill to someone like Kit Fisto? No. Would I assume Vitiate, by virtue of sheer power, wouldn't be eviscerated utterly by Fisto? Yeah.

Would I assume that Exar Kun is Vader's equal in TK just because he's powerful? No. Would I assume that he wouldn't be ragdolled by Vader, despite having no feats? Yeah.

Nephthys
I wouldn't.

Funny how people always talk about Vitiate getting demolished in lightsabers by anyone Kenobi level and above in these threads though.

The_Tempest
So you agree that Vader would pwn Kun with TK and that Fisto would pwn Vitiate?

Excellent.

Intrepid37
No no no no. The Sith Warriors who attack the temple in the Deceived trailer as said to be the best ones in the Empire. The one of Alderaan were regular Sith dudes (although still good obviously).
Still have no idea how you find that impressive.

So did Scout.
So Scout is less random than Zallow, lol.

He didn't really hold out against him. He died in about 20 seconds, lol. Aryn Leneer is what I'd call holding out since she put up a much better fight.
Nah, it was definitely an even fight IIRC.

But Malgus then grew to the point he could own her, and therefore he would own Zallow too. By extension he'd beat Kenobi's ass as well.
Does not follow.

Power = Malgus might have an edge imo.
Skill = Equal
Speed = Vader through lack of evidence for Malgus has a slight edge
Strength = Equal

Though I think Malgus' lightning give him the edge in a fight as Vader doesn't really have anything to counter it and I'm not seeing anything indicating he can block it.
I thought you said ok cool to Vader being a better swordsman?

Also, power=Malgus? lol

I don't fvcking know. Shes a Dark Council member.
lmao

It was a jab over you saying Malgus still had nothing on Vader. Obviously I disagree. Even if it appears you weren't using that as I though you were.
ok

No they aren't better than Malgus'. And as I said we have no we of telling how much Vader improved, while we do know that Malgus improved by a lot.
They use some pretty explicit wording. Can't remember the exact but I think it was ''massively'' or something like that, plus he improves after that.

Yeah. So?
So, he didn't Force pwn her, he lightning pwned her.

So we can extrapolate from that that the boost to his power that Malgus gained was rather large.
And Vader gained what, two large boosts upon his already beastly feats?

He's still not beating Bane.
So you think Bane>Malgus>Vader, lol

Not all lightning is as powerful as Dooku's. Malgus' is above Dooku's. Plus as Tempest said its likely Dooku wasn't really trying.

Finally, that isn't obvious. Vader hasn't shown that he can. Perhaps Obi-Wan is better than him in that regard.
Disagreed.

And as I said, Malgus might win one out of ten times thanks to his lightning.

Nephthys
So you agree that Vader would pwn Kun with TK and that Fisto would pwn Vitiate?

Excellent.

I'd say that Kun hasn't shown anything to suggest he can challenge Vaders TK and that Vitiate hasn't shown anything suggesting he'd beat Fisto in a lightsaber fight.

I wouldn't suggest either would get pwned though since they have other strengths. Vader can hit Kun with TK but Kun can hit back with amulet blasts. Vitiate is powerful enough that Fisto would never get close to him in the first place.

DARTH POWER

Skywalker blocked Dooku's Lightning in TCW movie, and in the first season episode "Dooku captured." And Dooku wasn't holding back in either instance.

So if early CW Skywalker can block Lightning, then obviously Vader, whose Mastery of the Force is well beyond his younger self, can. And even if Vader gets hit by a surprise attack, he can take powerful shots and carry on fighting as he's proven against Starkiller.

Intrepid37
lol, Anakin has actually blocked lightning himself?

Nephthys
See my comment about Dooku's lightning being shit.

SIDIOUS 66
@Intrepid, yes in TCW movie.

@Neph, name Malgus' best lightning feat.

Nephthys

Nephthys
Still have no idea how you find that impressive.

Zallow treated the best Sith Warriors in the Empire like fodder. That's impressive.

So Scout is less random than Zallow, lol.

No, Scout was a weak as shit padawan, while Zallow was in charge of the Jedi Temple and one of the most prominent and skilled Jedi at the time.

Nah, it was definitely an even fight IIRC.

Well if you say so.

Does not follow.

Uh huh. Does to follow. Follows times a million.

I thought you said ok cool to Vader being a better swordsman?

Also, power=Malgus? lol

No, I said that Sidious' quote indicates that he's at least close to him. The fact that he beat Darach at such a young age, him beating Satale, Zallow and Leneer, before him getting a boost and having an extra 13 years to improve all add up to him being at least as skilled as Vader.

You're so cute.

lmao

I don't read comics. Vile things. I only read my japanese animes.

They use some pretty explicit wording. Can't remember the exact but I think it was ''massively'' or something like that, plus he improves after that.

Hmm.

So, he didn't Force pwn her, he lightning pwned her.

Force Lightning is the Force, dunkass.

And Vader gained what, two large boosts upon his already beastly feats?

Two? Da faq?

So you think Bane>Malgus>Vader, lol

Kinda. I think Malgus and Vader are about equal though.

Disagreed.

And as I said, Malgus might win one out of ten times thanks to his lightning.

Ok.

Intrepid37
Zallow treated the best Sith Warriors in the Empire like fodder. That's impressive.
meh

No, Scout was a weak as shit padawan, while Zallow was in charge of the Jedi Temple and one of the most prominent and skilled Jedi at the time.
Not sure why you even brought up Scout. Zallow is still as random as Shryne.

Uh huh. Does to follow. Follows times a million.
By virtue of feats, Kenobi would own Zallow too. :>

No, I said that Sidious' quote indicates that he's at least close to him. The fact that he beat Darach at such a young age, him beating Satale, Zallow and Leneer, before him getting a boost and having an extra 13 years to improve all add up to him being at least as skilled as Vader.
Malgus:

-Beat Darach
-Beat Zallow
-Beat Leneer
-Beat Satele
+power boost

Vader:
-Beat five of seven Jedi
-On another occasion beat multiple Jedi
-Beat Roan Shryne
-Equal with ANH Obi-Wan
-Equal with Marek
-Beat Dark Woman
-Beat Celeste Morne
+power boost
+skill boost

It's pretty clear that Vader is the winner imo.

I don't read comics. Vile things. I only read my japanese animes.
You're essentially telling me that beating Satele isn't impressive.

Hmm.
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/VaderismorepowerfulinESBthaninANH_zps8bfb3954.png

Lord Vader did not mind waiting, though, nor was he even aware of it. For it was an honor, and a noble activity, to kneel at his ruler's feet. He kept his eyes inward, seeking reflection in his own bottomless core. His power was great, now, greater than it had ever been. It shimmered from within, and resonated with the waves of darkness that flowed from the Emperor. He felt engorged with this power; it surged like black fire, demon electrons looking for ground ... but he would wait. For his Emperor was not ready; and his son was not ready, and the time was not yet. So he waited.

-Return of the Jedi.

Force Lightning is the Force, dunkass.
We were obviously talking about TK, ****ing idiot.

Two? Da faq?
From ANH-ESB and ESB-RotJ.

We know ESB Vader=ESB Luke and RotJ Vader=RotJ Luke in skill. I'm pretty sure it's stated that Luke grew in skill inbetween ESB and RotJ though I'll have to look it up.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
There is one thing that Zallow has contributed to: The armor of my jedi in swtor wink

ares834
We know ESB Vader=ESB Luke

Eh? Why would Luke be on his level at this time?

Nephthys
Vader beat ESB Luke.

There is one thing that Zallow has contributed to: The armor of my jedi in swtor wink

That armor is sweet as cheery pie.

DARTH POWER
See my comment about Dooku's lightning being shit.

Yeah of course it's shit. I mean he's only one of the most powerful force users in history embarrasment

Ok some of Dooku's FL feats:

Knocking out AOTC Anakin in one shot.

Knocking out Ventress in their first meeting, also one shot.

Knocking out Sora Bulq in one shot.

Incapacitating Ventress plus 2 of the best nightsisters combatants all simultaneously.

Yoda blocking it "far from easily" according to the AOTC Novel.

Check out the explosion here at 7:21-

v=_1ieRQ-4BB4

It actually causes the whole platform they're fighting on to collapse.

So yeah no, Dooku's Lightning is not shit. It's certainly not on Sidious's level, but it still pretty damn good.

Nephthys
No, its still shit.

S_W_LeGenD

DARTH POWER
No, its still shit.

Dooku hater!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Darach > Dooku? bullshit. Darach has done NOTHING to put him on dooku level. Dooku has tooled/beaten some of the most revered swordmasters in the order's history. Vague claims about darach hardly make him equal to the good count.

Satele<Yoda, hardly even arguable

NewGuy01
Malgus IMO. I was indecisive/leaning towards Vader, but I had forgotten about Malgus's "tru powa o da dark seid" amp at the end of decieved.

Nephthys
Dooku hater!

I can't help it. He's just such an awful racist *******.

S_W_LeGenD
Darach > Dooku? bullshit. Darach has done NOTHING to put him on dooku level. Dooku has tooled/beaten some of the most revered swordmasters in the order's history. Vague claims about darach hardly make him equal to the good count.
Darach evidently have superior dueling skill then Dooku. Force abilities wise, both seem to be even.

Also, don't ever try to write off the feat of effectively dueling both Malgus and Vindican simultaneously as not an indication of capability of one of the finest duelists of all time (in legitimate fashion).

Satele<Yoda, hardly even arguable
Satele have all the credentials of being Yoda Tier. Your subjectivity doesn't matters.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Oh, but I can. Let's think, Kenobi has beaten Maul and Opress with dual sabers, ventress has stalemated/could have beaten Anakin and Obi Wan (both of whom are more impressive than malgus/vindican at this point in time in terms of dueling) with dual sabers. But I know your clear bias would write off these feats as well. Dooku is a far superior duelist to Darach, being a peer to the likes of Windu, doing well against yoda, and tooling other revered swordmasters, is far greater than darach's one showing. Also Dooku has a plethora of impressive TK feats, some of which most likely exceed Darach's. Satele has never done things to match Yoda, like: superior TK (note: satele thing was due to tutaminis), far superior dueling skill, also has mastery over tutaminis, has been said to have mastered most known lightside powers, etc.

ROTJ Vader
Hell no. Dooku is one of the greatest duelists in the mythos. He stalemated Windu on Boy Pitz, defeated Tholme and Sora Bulq with complete ease (was beating Bulq in sabers), was called the orders best student by Yoda.

Dooku easily defeated Sora Bulq, a master of all 7forms of lightsaber combat and one of the greatest duelists in the history of the order and the battlemaster. Kao has nothing that says he could take Bulq.

In the force Dooku completlely outclasses Darach. He has TKed Obi Wan, lifted up giant orbalisks, tamed beasts, pulled down a bridge. thrown down rocks, pimpsmacked Bulq with the force, pwned Vos with the force.

no.

Intrepid37
Darach is worse fodder than Zallow.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by ares834
Eh? Why would Luke be on his level at this time?
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/lol_zpsc67bd445.png

DARTH POWER
Oh, but I can. Let's think, Kenobi has beaten Maul and Opress with dual sabers, ventress has stalemated/could have beaten Anakin and Obi Wan (both of whom are more impressive than malgus/vindican at this point in time in terms of dueling) with dual sabers. But I know your clear bias would write off these feats as well.

Lol did he fight off Malgus and Vindican with dual lightsabers? If he did then yeah TCW has made that a pretty standard thing to do.

Nephthys
He fought them off with one lightsaber and one doublebladed lightsaber. It was kinda badass.

He was a Battlemaster though and displayed great Force powers in the fight, absorbing and flinging lightning at Malgus, blasting Vindican across the room, using a Force slam in combat and throwing heavy objects at Malgus during his charge.

DARTH POWER
He fought them off with one lightsaber and one doublebladed lightsaber. It was kinda badass.

He was a Battlemaster though and displayed great Force powers in the fight, absorbing and flinging lightning at Malgus, blasting Vindican across the room, using a Force slam in combat and throwing heavy objects at Malgus during his charge.

Sounds pretty cool. You have a video?

Nephthys
jnImzTqcmDc

I recommend you watch the whole thing because its awesome, but if you just want the fight its at 2.20.

Intrepid37
Ninja'd by the guy above

Neph, what's your explanation for Malgus being more powerful? I think it's pretty clear that Vader edges it out in telekinesis by a decent margin.

ares834
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p751/Intrepid37/Darth%20Vader/lol_zpsc67bd445.png

Cool. Still doesn't prove that ESB Luke=ESB Vader.

Intrepid37
It does, since they were equal in skill.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>