World's Finest vs Marvel Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Odekahn
Batman and Superman are transported to Marvel Earth with their standard gear.

They have detailed files on each of Marvel Earth's heroes and villains.

They have two weeks of time to prep before anyone from M.E. is alerted to their presence.

CiS/PiS/CiP/WtF and whatever else is off for World's Finest in regards to their character personalities. They fight at their best at all times and want to achieve their goal. Any and all abilities they have are at their optimal disposal.

Their goal is to take over Marvel Earth and become it's supreme rulers.

Pre-reboot versions for all characters.

Can they do it or do they ultimately lose?

Bouboumaster
They loose Big Time.
Taking on Reed Richards would be impossible for the duo, and that is, if Reed just don't ask to his son to do the job for him.
Marvel Earth is just so stacked with high end powerful beings...

Odekahn
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
They loose Big Time.
Taking on Reed Richards would be impossible for the duo, and that is, if Reed just don't ask to his son to do the job for him.
Marvel Earth is just so stacked with high end powerful beings...

See, I was thinking if Bruce could figure out some way to neutralize the effects magic users have on Superman, they might stand a chance. Also Superman would have to speed blitz certain characters at the beginning of the battle or they could possibly blink him out of existence.

It would take a lot of planning, but if Doom could do it, why couldn't a full forum mode Batman with a weapon like forum mode Superman in his corner?

However, I'm still pondering on Ultron, lol.

Inhuman
This is like asking can Thor and Captain America take on DC earth with prep.
Or Surfer and Ironman.

Mindset
Originally posted by Odekahn
See, I was thinking if Bruce could figure out some way to neutralize the effects magic users have on Superman, they might stand a chance. Also Superman would have to speed blitz certain characters at the beginning of the battle or they could possibly blink him out of existence.

It would take a lot of planning, but if Doom could do it, why couldn't a full forum mode Batman with a weapon like forum mode Superman in his corner?

However, I'm still pondering on Ultron, lol. Except Doom with prep > Batman + Superman with prep.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Inhuman
Or Surfer and Ironman.

No, it's nothing like that... Did you not read the OP?

Odekahn
Originally posted by Mindset
Except Doom with prep > Batman + Superman with prep.

That's your opinion, but the idea is the same, yes.

Mindset
That's your opinion, but the idea is the same, yes. No, it's a fact.

Compare prep feats and Doom is superior.

Odekahn
No, it's a fact.

Compare prep feats and Doom is superior.

Which Doom feats are you talking about?

Mindset
Which Doom feats are you talking about? The ones that involve prep.

quanchi112
Or Surfer and Ironman. I agree.

Inhuman
No, it's nothing like that... Did you not read the OP?

yes i did, but i didnt want to type the whole thing out.
anyhow , neither your duo or the ones i posted can do it.

Odekahn
yes i did, but i didnt want to type the whole thing out.
anyhow , neither your duo or the ones i posted can do it.

I can respect your opinion. I think it would be an uphill battle, but I don't think its impossible. If not for the bonus conditions I placed on Batman and Superman, then it would be impossible spite.

Batman-Prime
a Brother Eye 2.0 build with Kryptonian Tech could do the trick. ^^.

RockofAges
I can respect your opinion. I think it would be an uphill battle, but I don't think its impossible. If not for the bonus conditions I placed on Batman and Superman, then it would be impossible spite.

It is quite frankly, impossible. Legion alone would take them both out regardless of how much prep they had, and that's just one guy. We of course havent gone into the eternals, quite a few of which are superman level in terms of physical strength at least, and one of which I know is superman level in speed.

Then theres of course Hyperion, Starbrand, Hulk, Captain Universe, Franklin Richards. Then theres Valeria Richards who would probably outdo batman's two week prep in a single night.

Then you have the omega level mutants like cable, nate grey and quentin quire, Proteus, and Apocalypse. I would have added Vulcan to the list but he's not earth based.

There's the dreaming celestial, who would kill them both upon awakening.

The list goes on and on. There are too many non-magical powerful beings in Marvel for these two to even stand a chance. This is like asking what would happen if two toddlers got two week prep to fight a gundam wing with their bare hands.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by RockofAges
It is quite frankly, impossible. Legion alone would take them both out regardless of how much prep they had, and that's just one guy. We of course havent gone into the eternals, quite a few of which are superman level in terms of physical strength at least, and one of which I know is superman level in speed.

Then theres of course Hyperion, Starbrand, Hulk, Captain Universe, Franklin Richards. Then theres Valeria Richards who would probably outdo batman's two week prep in a single night.

Then you have the omega level mutants like cable, nate grey and quentin quire, Proteus, and Apocalypse. I would have added Vulcan to the list but he's not earth based.

There's the dreaming celestial, who would kill them both upon awakening.

The list goes on and on. There are too many non-magical powerful beings in Marvel for these two to even stand a chance. This is like asking what would happen if two toddlers got two week prep to fight a gundam wing with their bare hands.

thumb up You got it...

pym-ftw
Dr. Strange beats them

Odekahn
This is like asking what would happen if two toddlers got two week prep to fight a gundam wing with their bare hands.

I disagree with this. Toddlers are going to be helpless. Batman and Superman Have every advantage on their side.

Why couldn't batman have Supes steal the ultimate nullifier or some other item of power?

pym-ftw
Same reason other villians don't break into the Baxter Building

Odekahn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Same reason other villians don't break into the Baxter Building

PiS? It's off for DC here.

ares834
The problem with these threads is you got characters like Franklin Richards just chilling around.

DarkSaint85
World's finest learn the true meaning of that phrase.

Odekahn
Originally posted by ares834
The problem with these threads is you got characters like Franklin Richards just chilling around.

That's why prep is important. They also have a surprise factor, and are more than capable of distinguishing the first targets to eliminate. Also, where was Franklin when Ultron took over Marvel Earth

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why couldn't batman have Supes steal the ultimate nullifier or some other item of power?

Then why not make a thread with Superman/Batman with the Infinity Gauntlet or something vs. Marvel Earth and save time? Simply put, Batman/Superman have absolutely no chance with anything resembling conventional resources. The Avengers alone would end them pretty easily. They'd need some kind of ultimate weapon of power just to deal with them but that would just bring down heavier heat on them from Cosmics most likely and would require knowledge about the Marvel Universe I doubt they posses.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Then why not make a thread with Superman/Batman with the Infinity Gauntlet or something vs. Marvel Earth and save time? Simply put, Batman/Superman have absolutely no chance with anything resembling conventional resources. The Avengers alone would end them pretty easily. They'd need some kind of ultimate weapon of power just to deal with them but that would just bring down heavier heat on them from Cosmics most likely and would require knowledge about the Marvel Universe I doubt they posses.

Unless the IG is on Earth that would be BFRing themselves.

ares834
That's why prep is important. They also have a surprise factor, and are more than capable of distinguishing the first targets to eliminate. Also, where was Franklin when Ultron took over Marvel Earth

erm

He didn't intervene for the sake of the plot of course.

Don't get me wrong I think Supes/Bats can take down most of the "major" marvel characters like the base Avengers with these stips but the more obscure ridiculously overpowered characters? Nope, no way.

Odekahn
erm

He didn't intervene for the sake of the plot of course.

Don't get me wrong I think Supes/Bats can take down most of the "major" marvel characters like the base Avengers with these stips but the more obscure ridiculously overpowered characters? Nope, no way.

The plot, PiS, which is ON for Marvel Earth here.

And They don't have to take everyone down per se, they just have to take over the Earth.

RockofAges
It will not work. What happens when Hope Summers absorbs supermans powers as well as some others and completely over powers them? What happens when Ikarris runs circles around batman? What happens when silver surfer and beta ray bill come to visit earth, like they regularly do? What if all of asgard rushes to earths defense? as well as the inhumans, who satellite earth?

ares834
Hope Summers copies mutant powers. She isn't going to be able to copy Supes powers.

And having characters like SS intervene makes it not really Marvel Earth....

Stoic
Doesn't Doom have a time machine? This undoes all of the prep that WF FTW WTF!!! Had planned to ME.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Stoic
Doesn't Doom have a time machine? This undoes all of the prep that WF FTW WTF!!! Had planned to ME.

Batman would have already thought of something to do with it, lol.

Yamcha
I mean if Supes bathes in the sun for two weeks and Batman preps then just lures people one at a time to a spot for Clark to speed from the sun and dive bomb haymaker whoever is unlucky enough to tale bats atm I could see them slowly dwindling down numbers but sooner or later Marvel earth is gonna catch on to the streaking flaming meteor that keeps tearing through the skies and returning to the sun so..I feel eventually they would be overwhelmed once Marvel Earth catches on xD...

Mindset
Supes flies down to Earth and IF punches him out of existence.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Yamcha
I mean if Supes bathes in the sun for two weeks and Batman preps then just lures people one at a time to a spot for Clark to speed from the sun and dive bomb haymaker whoever is unlucky enough to tale bats atm I could see them slowly dwindling down numbers but sooner or later Marvel earth is gonna catch on to the streaking flaming meteor that keeps tearing through the skies and returning to the sun so..I feel eventually they would be overwhelmed once Marvel Earth catches on xD...

Ultimately, so do I. I just had issue with people saying it was impossible. And I feel I've given both sides enough to work with to at least make it challenging each way.

abhilegend
Superman re-creates miracle machine and wins.

RockofAges
I'm sorry, but I have to stand by my stance that this is absolutely impossible. There are far too many high end powerful characters on marvel earth for me to accept that these two can take over with simply two weeks of prep. It just cannot happen. What about Nova Prime, whose home planet is earth? Even if superman bathes in the sun for two weeks, Richard Rider could match that power by telling the world mind to allow him access the entire nova force at the risk of going insane.

There's also the Guardians of the Galaxy, who protect all planets in the galaxy. Which means earth as well. While most of the members couldn't handle the heat of Superman, Drax the Destroyer or Gamora could certainly take Batman. And as for superman? Well Adam warlock could deal with him. And that's just ONE team. What about the others?!

This simply cannot happen.

Odekahn
I'm sorry, but I have to stand by my stance that this is absolutely impossible. There are far too many high end powerful characters on marvel earth for me to accept that these two can take over with simply two weeks of prep. It just cannot happen. What about Nova Prime, whose home planet is earth? Even if superman bathes in the sun for two weeks, Richard Rider could match that power by telling the world mind to allow him access the entire nova force at the risk of going insane.

There's also the Guardians of the Galaxy, who protect all planets in the galaxy. Which means earth as well. While most of the members couldn't handle the heat of Superman, Drax the Destroyer or Gamora could certainly take Batman. And as for superman? Well Adam warlock could deal with him. And that's just ONE team. What about the others?!

This simply cannot happen.

Why couldn't they make nth metal chain mail armor? That would protect them from magic. They could combine any number of strategies.

abhilegend
I'm sorry, but I have to stand by my stance that this is absolutely impossible. There are far too many high end powerful characters on marvel earth for me to accept that these two can take over with simply two weeks of prep. It just cannot happen. What about Nova Prime, whose home planet is earth? Even if superman bathes in the sun for two weeks, Richard Rider could match that power by telling the world mind to allow him access the entire nova force at the risk of going insane. Hahaha. You don't know anything about superman, do you?

Of course you don't. Adam warlock is dealing with superman? Nova?

laughing out loud

pym-ftw
PiS? It's off for DC here.
I wasn't talking about Pis, I meant the security system.

carver9
Hope Summers copies mutant powers. She isn't going to be able to copy Supes powers.

And having characters like SS intervene makes it not really Marvel Earth....

Uuuummm, she copied the Phoenix force. Lol.

Odekahn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I wasn't talking about Pis, I meant the security system.

It's been stolen before by the Zodiac, so why couldn't a full forum modded out Superman do it with all of his abilities to their very extent?

carver9
By the way. Earth stomps. Zeus alone could end this quickly.

RockofAges
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hahaha. You don't know anything about superman, do you?

Of course you don't. Adam warlock is dealing with superman? Nova?

laughing out loud

You don't know anything about Richard Rider or Adam Warlock, do you?

Odekahn
Originally posted by carver9

She used the PF in the same way everyone else who ever used it has. She didn't "copy" it's powers that I remember. And when she ran away and got into a brawl with those snake guys, she counted on the fact that they were mutants so she could copy their abilities.

JayDaDon
Taking out all the biggest guns on Marvel earth at close to the same time before anyone noticing would be pretty much impossible.

pym-ftw
It's been stolen before by the Zodiac, so why couldn't a full forum modded out Superman do it with all of his abilities to their very extent?
I think Batman has a better chance truthfully, if superman flew in all gung Ho he has a solid chance of being sent to the negative zone or a time loop or...

But really the Avengers will stop them dead.

Odekahn
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Taking out all the biggest guns on Marvel earth at close to the same time before anyone noticing would be pretty much impossible.

What if Batman recreated Professor Ivo's Amazo?

They would have to build some sort of army imo... Which both have been shown capable of doing.

RockofAges
What if Batman recreated Professor Ivo's Amazo?

They would have to build some sort of army imo... Which both have been shown capable of doing.

You seem really desperate to prove this can happen.

Let me crush your dreams right here.

Marvel earth cannot be conquered by superman and batman. It is, to put
it as simply as I have in my other posts, impossible.

There are far too many powerful characters to prevent this from happening. Let me ask you, what would batman and superman do if a fully functional legion stood up agaisnt them?

Odekahn
You seem really desperate to prove this can happen.

Let me crush your dreams right here.

Marvel earth cannot be conquered by superman and batman. It is, to put
it as simply as I have in my other posts, impossible.

There are far too many powerful characters to prevent this from happening. Let me ask you, what would batman and superman do if a fully functional legion stood up agaisnt them?

You aren't "crushing my dreams" lol. If they can or can't do it, doesn't hurt my feelings. That wouldn't even make sense. It's just a difficult thing to try and think through, and I'm having fun with it.

If I were Batman, I'd probably take the approach of creating something similar to Amazo's technology that Batman or Superman can equip. I'd have them copy the powers of kitty pride and multiple man, then i'd go for Franklin.

Mindset
I'd have them copy the powers of kitty pride and multiple man, then i'd go for Franklin. FR would just effortlessly destroy it.

RockofAges
You aren't "crushing my dreams" lol. If they can or can't do it, doesn't hurt my feelings. That wouldn't even make sense. It's just a difficult thing to try and think through, and I'm having fun with it.

If I were Batman, I'd probably take the approach of creating something similar to Amazo's technology that Batman or Superman can equip. I'd have them copy the powers of kitty pride and multiple man, then i'd go for Franklin.

Im sorry dude, I didnt mean it to sound personal.

Legion has several thousand personalities in his head. 200 of which are omega level mutants. Amazo's android cannot copy all, as he rarely manifests one power at a time. He switches rapidly during battles.

How can that be copied?

JayDaDon
FR would just effortlessly destroy it.

laughing out loud I was just about to ask why the hell that would bother franklin any.

Odekahn
Im sorry dude, I didnt mean it to sound personal.

Legion has several thousand personalities in his head. 200 of which are omega level mutants. Amazo's android cannot copy all, as he rarely manifests one power at a time. He switches rapidly during battles.

How can that be copied?

No worries man.

He may not be able to copy them all, but if he can get to Franklin first, would he need to?

Odekahn
FR would just effortlessly destroy it.

How would he destroy it if he doesn't know it exists?

abhilegend
You don't know anything about Richard Rider or Adam Warlock, do you?
Of course I do. More than you can imagine.

Mindset
How would he destroy it if he doesn't know it exists? If it's attacking him, how would he not know it exists?

RockofAges
Of course I do. More than you can imagine.

Then you would realize that for the entire run of Nova after Annihilation, Richard was functioning on a fraction of his full potential. And you dont think that at full unrestricted power he would destroy superman?

Odekahn
If it's attacking him, how would he not know it exists?

I'm not talking about attacking him yet, I'm talking about copying his powers.

ares834

When? Post the scans. Because in AvX 12 that is certainly not what happened. The phoenix left Scott and took her as its host.

TheGodKiller
Shao Lao disagrees with you.

TheGodKiller
The Kung Fu Dragon. Not the Phoenix, carter.

Mindset
I'm not talking about attacking him yet, I'm talking about copying his powers. So it walks up to FR and copies his powers while FR just stares at it and waits for it to leave?

Mindset
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The Kung Fu Dragon. Not the Phoenix, carter. Leave him alone, he's trying!

Odekahn
So it walks up to FR and copies his powers while FR just stares at it and waits for it to leave?

No... I said it would first take Superman's powers, then Kitty, then Maddox, then Franklin. Between the first 3 there's more than enough powers to get the job done. Microscopic and Xray Vision, he could be miles away and do it.

ODG
When? Post the scans. Because in AvX 12 that is certainly not what happened. The phoenix left Scott and took her as its host. There were several times where Hope displayed Phoenix flareups leading up to AvX. It also happened during AvX. But the Phoenixforce wasn't even around at that point. So those Phoenix flareups were more likely a result of Hope's natural connection with it as in-comic people hypothesized, i.e., that Hope's birth was a result of the Phoenixforce's machinations in the wake of M-Day and she was kinda like its herald.

ares834
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Shao Lao disagrees with you.

Was it ever explained what happened there?

IM says he has a theory but I don't recall him ever stating what it was.

Honestly, always just chalked it up to her IF training rather than actually absorbing the dragons powers.

TheGodKiller
Was it ever explained what happened there?

IM says he has a theory but I don't recall him ever stating what it was.

Honestly, always just chalked it up to her IF training rather than actually absorbing the dragons powers.
She duplicated his flame-breathing powers. That along with copying Wanda's power allowed her to get the edge against Scott.

ares834
That's what I'm wondering. How did she do copy the dragon's powers?

Hope herself is completely baffled how she managed to pull of such a feat and has never done such a thing again. So, even if she can copy non-mutants abilities, she has never displayed the ability to do so consciously.

Also, for what it's worth, she claims she absorbed the dragon's power rather than merely copy it.

Mindset
Danny probably fisted her before and she retained some of the power.

maxivitopowe
Non mutant abilities aswell

maxivitopowe
I thought she learnt the iron fist technique:/

Damn have to read it again

But even without Hope there are at least 3 other mutants with power copying abilities that I remember

DarkSaint85
Mutants....what if they recreates the Hope cure...and Superman mass inoculated them in the blink of an eye?

Terryc250
Put in the entire JLA and it would still be a stomp for Marvel Earth

ODG

However, I'm still pondering on Ultron, lol. Your opening post doesn't seem to contemplate Superman having access to his Fortress of Solitude or Batman having access to his Batcave and/or Wayne Industries.

TheGodKiller
That's what I'm wondering. How did she do copy the dragon's powers?

Hope herself is completely baffled how she managed to pull of such a feat and has never done such a thing again. So, even if she can copy non-mutants abilities, she has never displayed the ability to do so consciously.

Also, for what it's worth, she claims she absorbed the dragon's power rather than merely copy it.
Chalk it up to WIS, but at the end of the day a feat is a feat.

Nope. She clearly duplicated it. The word "absorb" and "copy" are oft times used synonymously when it comes to superpower duplicaters.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
I thought she learnt the iron fist technique:/
How does martial arts training for a couple of days enable one to copy Shao Lao's flame-breathing abilities? Not to mention that to acquire the Iron Fist chi you need to plunge your hand into the dragon's chest and rip out its heart. Which Hope didn't do, like ever.

maxivitopowe
When she had that shining fist thing

I'll read it again tomorrow put on Tuesdayso that I can explain what I saw

Cos I remember then saying that the iron fist technique and Wanda's chaos magic was the only thing out feared (?)

maxivitopowe
And there are other power absorbers other than Hope

Odekahn
Originally posted by ODG
Your opening post doesn't seem to contemplate Superman having access to his Fortress of Solitude or Batman having access to his Batcave and/or Wayne Industries.

You are correct, Sir. I'm not sure I would count the cave and fortress as "standard gear" while on Marvel Earth, even though some others might make the case. So a lot of their tactics would be going out on a limb seeing as how if they wanted to use something like Nth metal, they would need to first figure out its composition, and then find someone on Marvel Earth capable of transmuting it for them. There are definitely some problems and obstacles to overcome, but I never said it wasn't an uphill battle, I just don't personally think its impossible, no matter how unlikely.

abhilegend
Then you would realize that for the entire run of Nova after Annihilation, Richard was functioning on a fraction of his full potential. And you dont think that at full unrestricted power he would destroy superman?
Yes I know that. Even when he had the full nova force within him, he didn't do anything particularly impressive which suggest he would destroy superman.

RockofAges
Yes I know that. Even when he had the full nova force within him, he didn't do anything particularly impressive which suggest he would destroy superman.

Because he never fully accessed it, as stated before he was only using a fraction of the power available to him but he was able to take on characters like silver surfer and annihilus, yet you dont think at full power he'd be more than capable of crushing superman? That's a fallacy.

Not to mention he's pretty much the only character in Marvel history to function normally while under the possession of the Phalanx, and that's not easy shit.

Jynocidus
Batman solos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.