Darth Zannah vs Obi Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XRKun
Saber
Force
All Out:

I'm going with Kenobi in all 3. Better mastery of Soresu, proficiency in Ataru and Jar'Kai, and training in Shii-Cho, Niman, Shien, and Tae-Jitsu.
His force powers include Tutaminis (against a flamethrower, noted to be very hard to block against with the Force), Repulse, a very powerful Push, and Crush, as well as basic Force Speed and Strength.

Stigma
I'm leaning towards Kenobi too, but a lot depends on the setting. If this is a DS world similar to Ambria, Zannah takes it due to ungodly tendrils.

Other that that, I think:

Sabers; Kenobi, handily
Force: Zannah, possibly
All-out: Kenobi 6-7/10

Nephthys
Zannah stomp.

Intrepid37
lolno

Nephthys
I'm sorry. http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/negativeman-55f.png

ares834
Kenobi wins sabers.

Zannah should take force.

Not sure who would take all out.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Kenobi. He's a better lightsaber duelist, in the force it's somewhat close, as Kenobi utilizes the basic force abilities far more often than zannah does, while Zannah uses sith sorcery, though the only one that would truly cause harm (other than tendrils) is the fear spell, which I don't think will work on kenobi. to be fair, i'll give Zannah edge here. Overall, gotta give it to Kenobi, as zannah isn't very effective at mounting a lightsaber offensive, while kenobi is perfectly capable of doing so.

Nephthys
I'm not seeing how Kenobi is better than Zannah in lightsabers considering how well she did against Bane, who's better than anyone Kenobi's fought. Plus he has no chance of penetrating her defense nor her his so lightsabers are useless.

Also he apparently gets tired in 10 seconds so she'll easily wear him out. laughing

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
um, zannah woulda been slaughtered by bane, were it not for one-off tendrils. lol, and Zannah has a chance of penetrating through kenobi's defenses? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834
Kenobi wins sabers.

Zannah should take force.

Not sure who would take all out.

Obi-Wan. He's on par with Maul, who's more skilled and powerful than either Zannah or Bane.

Nephthys
Lol. I still can't believe you actually believe that.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yeah I don't believe Maul is overall more powerful than Bane, most likely a better duelist though.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yeah I don't believe Maul is overall more powerful than Bane, most likely a better duelist though.

I believe he's both. Though Bane may have an edge in terms of sheer Force knowledge. And I'd probably give him the nod if he has his orbalisks. But in terms of natural ability, Maul's definitely better.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah. Bane has shown comparable TK, and has shown an affinity, even a mastery, over force lightning.

Nephthys
Why definitely?

The_Tempest
Nah. Bane has shown comparable TK, and has shown an affinity, even a mastery, over force lightning.

Mighella the Nightsister has shown that Force lightning isn't necessarily a decisive weapon against Maul, who may actually possess the ability (The Ultimate Visual Guide does credit him with "far greater" dark side knowledge than she).

The Phantom Menace Scrapbook makes it clear that the powers of the Sith advanced over the years in accordance with Bane's own edict. And Maul's been constantly referred to as one of the most skilled and dangerous Sith of all time.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Nephthys
Yeah, because tanking some random Nightsisters lightning means he can tank lightning powerful enough to disintegrate people. That sounds right durrr. 9_6

Maul never reached the point where he advanced passed Sidious so that quote is useless.

Also ignoring me only makes me harder. You can't ignore my girth.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, people take the master-apprentice thing way too deeply. The apprentice is usually barely weaker, if not on-par, with the master, like revan/malak, vindican/ malgus, bane/zannah, etc. How exactly is Mighella comparable to bane in terms of lightning?

ROTJ Vader
Kenobi takes sabers, no doubt.

Zannah takes force, easy.

All-Out could go ether way. Honestly not sure.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I can guarantee that Zannah does not take force easily, might barely even win in that dept.

ROTJ Vader
I can guarantee that Zannah does not take force easily, might barely even win in that dept.

Zannah completley outclasses Kenobi in the force. Kenobi has nothing on her.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Um, how? sith sorcery? The only sorcery zannah has that'd possibly harm kenobi is the fear spell, but I don't think kenobi has many inner demons/fears.

Nephthys
She's much more powerful than Kenobi, thats how.

Also Kenobi has a ton of inner demons. We see this when he gets mad after Maul taunts him. Qui-Gon died, Satine died, the Jedi Order died, Anakin turned to the darkside. Theres tons there to work with.

The Merchant
Kenobi wins sabers, Zannah wins force, Kenobi edges it out in an all-out fight.

mstanford2912
Sabers seem even to me. Zannah stomps with the force.

Intrepid37
Unless Zannah has Ambria in her pocket, she will not stomp, and probably not win.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Obi-Wan. He's on par with Maul, who's more skilled and powerful than either Zannah or Bane.

It's funny, before Maul came along he seemed on par with Ventress. After Maul's comeback, Kenobi seemed to have upped his game to be on par with Maul. It seems Kenobi benefits tremendously from plot devices.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The Merchant
Kenobi wins sabers, Zannah wins force, Kenobi edges it out in an all-out fight.

How? You think Kenobi's better lightsaber combat will give him the edge but you're ignoring that both of them are Soresu users, a defensive form. So in terms of lightsaber combat both are going to be really good at defending against each others offense, but neither possess the ability to penetrate the others primarily defensive style. Soresu is a passive form allowing the opponent to come to them. I don't see how lightsaber combat will be the deciding aspect of this fight based on that. In my opinion it will be down to their Force abilities to decide the fight and in that Zannah has the clear edge.

mstanford2912
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Unless Zannah has Ambria in her pocket, she will not stomp, and probably not win.

Pretty stupid statement here. "Unless Obiwan has Mustafar in his pocket, he will not win". At least you're consistent.

Intrepid37
Unlike Ambria, Mustafar does not amplify Obi-Wan's powers. Nice try though.

mstanford2912
Ambria didn't boost her powers either, especially against another dark side user. Killer rationalization thoughsmile

Intrepid37
Ambria is the reason she's able to spawn the tendrils.

mstanford2912
Really? I'd love to see you back up your baseless speculation.

juggerman
Zannah

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Dynasy of Evil
Again she opened herself up to the dark side. This time, however, she didn't attack Bane directly. Instead, she let it flow through her, drawing it from the soil and stone of Ambria itself. She called to power buried for centuries, summoning it up to the surface in wispy tendrils of dark smoke snaking up from the sand.

mstanford2912
Except she learned the technique through Nadd's holocron and sources beyond that of Bane's own, as it was stated in the same chapter I believe. It doesn't matter if it was Ambria, or another planet.

Intrepid37
The only holocron mentioned in the book is Andeddu's, and nothing is stated in the chapter.

The text is pretty decisive, specifically mentioning how she is ''drawing it from the soil and stone of Ambria itself'' and that she ''called to power buried for centuries''.

mstanford2912
Then you've read the wrong book because it explicitly states that Zannah learned sith sorcery from Nadd's holocron and she went above and beyond in finding sources. There is nothing indicating that Ambria was necessary for her to create those tendrils.

Intrepid37
Then provide the ****ing excerpt.

Petrus
If it wasn't for the tendrils, Bane would've defeated Zannah. She's not more powerful than Bane, even with all her Force sorcery shit. She's powerful, I give you that, but she's not as powerful as some people might think.

Maul above Bane... I disagree entirely.

mstanford2912

Intrepid37
It doesn't say that she doesn't need a nexus, which the excerpt I provided highly suggest.

S_W_LeGenD
Nexus is not a requirement for Sith Sorcery.

mstanford2912
Sorry, it's up to prove to you that she needs a nexus, and the excerpt you provided isn't evidence.

Intrepid37
Yes it is.

mstanford2912
Repeating it doesn't make it so.

Intrepid37
Denying it doesn't make it not so.

mstanford2912
So you concede, understood.

Intrepid37
No, I'm waiting for the proof that she's created the tendrils outside a nexus.

XRKun
Until Zannah can create tendrils off a nexus (which the quote highly suggests), I really can't see Kenobi being wtfPWNed in the Force, maybe even beating Zannah.

Nephthys
Wtf? Theres no way he's beating her in the Force mate.

SIDIOUS 66
Just because she used the dark side energies of Ambria to form tendrils from the planets surface, does not mean she needed to, because obviously she learned sith sorcery from Nadd's holocron.

For instance, I use pancake batter to make pancakes, but obviously I don't need pancake batter because I learned how to make pancakes from a cook book.

Nephthys
I'd say theres no real reason the dark energies she uses have to come from a nexus as opposed to her own personal dark power.

But I wouldn't push it in a debate probably.

SIDIOUS 66
Well she used her own dark powers in the form of sorcery to form tendrils from the power of an out side source, a dark side nexus. So there is really nothing to suggest she would get a similar result without that outside source (added power).

Even if you are right, that's not the logic msparks and LeGenD are using, and my pancake analogy goes to she how retarded their logic is.

mstanford2912
Based on what we've seen from you recently, and over the years, I don't think you understand the concept of "logic", "common sense", or "evidence". But please, keep mentioning my name as the guy who spanked your ass repeatedly. It's a turn on.

SIDIOUS 66
And yet again, I expose you of your stupidity and the best you can do is bust out with another "I know you are but what am I." lol

mstanford2912
So you just accused me of "I know you are but what am I', after calling me stupid, after I called you stupid. I don't recall it being this easy making anyone look this dumb but you really take the cake. I appreciate the effort though. Just like I appreciate the effort from those 12 year olds trying to beat me in basketball.. It will never happen but it's just too darn cute.

SIDIOUS 66
Except it always begins with me exposing you of your stupidity, leaving you stuck with "no u." That's how the cycle is between you and I.

Glad to know I'm able to get you wet though. I thought only Krayt, Vitiate and Revan were capable of that.

mstanford2912
The only person you expose is yourself. You write a bunch of incoherent(yet hilarious) garbage, call it "exposure", and then...Sleep better? I then proceed to humiliate you(as I did in our law and order thread), you proceed to either change the subject or insult me and/or my wife, proving your incompetence, and then the cycle begins again. It doesn't get old, trust me.

Nephthys
shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up

SIDIOUS 66
Nope, I forced you to yield in that "law and order" thread as well. lol

You're always the one who changes the subject because you're unable to get to my points. Kinda like now.

mstanford2912
Hmmm. Kinda sounds like "I know you are but what am I'. Perhaps I should take some zeequil, that way we'll be on a level playing field. Right now it's just sad for you.

Nephthys
please take this to pms for the love of god

SIDIOUS 66
Nope, it's more of you accusing me of the things you do.

mstanford2912
I rest my case. You're right, I do need that zeequil to make this a fair fight.

SIDIOUS 66
Lmao...

Ok, now I'm out. Go take your zeequil mstanford, and get you some sleep.

SIDIOUS 66
And just one more thing, and I promise I'll stop, but: when did I ever insult miz thang's wife? lol

Why do I keep getting accused of things I haven't done?

juggerman
Originally posted by Nephthys
please take this to pms for the love of Bane!

The_Tempest
The rage that billows from this thread is most gratifying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.