DCnU Black Adam Vs First Born

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BA2_zps9326d694.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/FB_zpse02c5c7f.jpg

Cogito
First Born beat down WW and Orion, putting WW in a coma.

Black Adam hasn't yet done anything nearly on that scale.

Galan007
Top right panel... Why is FB's hand/wrist so effing big?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Galan007

First panel...he was sitting on it, and it became swollen.

I'm so drunk right now.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Galan007
He walks around with a literal pimp hand.

As for the fight, First Born...

Diana is gonna wake up one day and realize she is carrying his first born.

Muahahaha.. evil face

basilisk
Originally posted by Cogito

Black Adam hasn't yet done anything nearly on that scale.

BA stopped that mace pretty good.

Wonder what would happen if he tried that stone spell on FB.

ODG

Black Adam hasn't yet done anything nearly on that scale. I dunno, Black Adam treated Captain Marvel pretty dismissively, dominantly and decisively when Billy tried to initially fight him. He only won in the end by tricking Black Adam into defeating himself.

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
I dunno, Black Adam treated Captain Marvel pretty dismissively, dominantly and decisively when Billy tried to initially fight him. He only won in the end by tricking Black Adam into defeating himself.

The Captain Marvel who had the personality of a ten year old who really wanted candy more than anything in the world mere issues before?

Hmm...

ODG
The Captain Marvel who had the personality of a ten year old who really wanted candy more than anything in the world mere issues before?

Hmm... The same Captain Marvel held his own against Superman. So despite everything you're saying being true, it doesn't really bear too much import when discussing how dominant Black Adam was over Captain Marvel. I think you could make the argument that it was as bad, if not worse than First Born's treatment of Wonder Woman and Orion.

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
The same Captain Marvel held his own against Superman. So despite everything you're saying being true, it doesn't really bear too much import when discussing how dominant Black Adam was over Captain Marvel. I think you could make the argument that it was as bad, if not worse than First Born's treatment of Wonder Woman and Orion.

Marvel vs. Superman was just writer's establishing the general character. But this is still the guy who has the mentality of a ten year old, who has no idea how to fight, has no idea what powers he has, no idea how to use the powers he knows he has, etc.

ODG
Marvel vs. Superman was just writer's establishing the general character. And Black Adam effortlessly tooling Captain Marvel wasn't? Originally posted by Cogito
But this is still the guy who has the mentality of a ten year old, who has no idea how to fight, has no idea what powers he has, no idea how to use the powers he knows he has, etc. Again, I'm not disputing any of this. I'm just pointing out that all these facts didn't stop Captain Marvel from giving Superman a fight. He's just that powerful. Had Superman caught Marvel's punch and slapped him around a few times to the point of forcing Billy to flee for his life like Black Adam did, I'd understand your trepidation.

But that didn't happen.

Batman-Prime
Marvel vs. Superman was just writer's establishing the general character. But this is still the guy who has the mentality of a ten year old, who has no idea how to fight, has no idea what powers he has, no idea how to use the powers he knows he has, etc.

Superman like Black Adam had the upper hand and he even tried to reason with Billy. Shazam isn't yet at his full potential but he will be. As for this fight FB till Black Adam shows more.

ODG
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman like Black Adam had the upper hand wat

the Darkone
FB wins

Golgo13
What issue did Cap hold his own against Superman? Scans or it didn't happen.

ODG
^ Derp? Trinity War.

Golgo13
That wasn't really holding his own. He punched him and Supes got right back up. Kind of inconclusive, but John's DID hint that Marvel would be fighting everyone, so that will be a better way to judge his power level.

ODG
Originally posted by Golgo13
That wasn't really holding his own. He punched him and Supes got right back up. Kind of inconclusive, but John's DID hint that Marvel would be fighting everyone, so that will be a better way to judge his power level. Right. And Captain Marvel got right back up after being sucker-punched by Superman. And they were both fine after they traded two shots each. That's holding your own. And that didn't happen with Black Adam.

Golgo13
I don't put too much stock in brief fights. Although, I think Marvel will surpass Superman (mainly because of magic).

ODG
^ Taken in isolation, neither do I. But the difference between how Black Adam treated Captain Marvel and how Superman treated Captain Marvel is rather obvious to me.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
^ Taken in isolation, neither do I. But the difference between how Black Adam treated Captain Marvel and how Superman treated Captain Marvel is rather obvious to me.

Seeing as Adam has spells and whatnot, do you think it will be easy as turning FB into stone?

ODG
^ Um, no. confused69

Golgo13
Why not? It's the first time he used that trick.

ODG
^ As far as I've seen, he's only used it against humans. And I've typically found that when it comes to top tiers, a great degree of physical durability will go hand-in-hand with a commensurate level of magical durability. And when it comes to divine godly beings, this is usually enhanced.

The only obvious exception being Kryptonians. First Born certainly fits the mold of a top tier durable character and a divine godly being. And I've seen nothing that suggests he's particularly vulnerable to magic.

carver9
Can someone give me the issue # for the First Born comic?

ODG
^ Wonder Woman #12-23.1.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
^ Wonder Woman #12-23.1.
I thought Cheetah was in 23.1 and First Born in 23.2....

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I thought Cheetah was in 23.1 and First Born in 23.2.... Snap

ODG
I thought Cheetah was in 23.1 and First Born in 23.2.... http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/legchop.gif

Galan007
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16751394_Justice_League_2011-_022-016.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16751395_Justice_League_2011-_022-017.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16751396_Justice_League_2011-_022-018.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16751397_Justice_League_2011-_022-019.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16751398_Justice_League_2011-_022-020.jpg
Granted, Billy did quite well, all things considered. To me, though, it actually looks like Superman gained a fairly clear upper-hand with his last punch, after he got pissed. (Btw, I still laugh at the 3rd scan every time I see it.)

We must also consider that DCnU Superman is still vulnerable to magic:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16751392_1.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/16751393_2.jpg

And given: a.) Billy is a magical being, and b.) we saw his magical lightning sparking all about each time he punched Superman, it'd be logical to assume that weakness exploitation in the form of magic *might* have played a factor in how well he did against Supes.

Mind you, I am in no way trying to say that they are in completely different tiers. I believe they are inherently close to the same level--with the slight nod to Superman--but Billy's magic is able to bridge that gap, and put them roughly on par with one another.

carver9
Billy shrugged off that punch though. The fight would have continued if the other JLAers didn't show up.

Galan007
Don't give me any lip, carver. sneer

ODG
Originally posted by carver9
Billy shrugged off that punch though. The fight would have continued if the other JLAers didn't show up. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, Superman got pissed and knocked him down but Billy completely shrugged it off. And this was while he was using one arm to fight off Diana lassoing him from behind. Still a good showing for Superman but that encounter doesn't tell me anything besides that the two of them are very close in physical stats.

I have absolutely no doubt that if the positions were reversed and Billy started the fight with a massive flying sucker shot, we'd be hearing arguments about how Superman was at least as strong as Captain Marvel. Wait, I take it back. We'd be hearing arguments about how Superman is stronger because Wonder Woman had to help out.

I do find it weird that Superman's mystical weakness was not even brought up however.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, Superman got pissed and knocked him down but Billy completely shrugged it off. And this was while he was using one arm to fight off Diana lassoing him from behind. Still a good showing for Superman but that encounter doesn't tell me anything besides that the two of them are very close in physical stats. No one said Billy was KO'd, or that he sustained any lasting damage. However, Superman's punch did knock him down for a decent amount of time(relative to the other punches delivered during that skirmish, of course)-- long enough for Supes and all of the other heroes to walk up to him and begin talking shit.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I do find it weird that Superman's mystical weakness was not even brought up however. Superman's weakness to magic doesn't need to be specifically mentioned for us to know it exists.

Anywho, I'm not saying weakness exploitation undoubtedly played a factor during that encounter, but an argument could certainly be made.

TrevorPhillipss
Marvel vs. Superman was just writer's establishing the general character. But this is still the guy who has the mentality of a ten year old, who has no idea how to fight, has no idea what powers he has, no idea how to use the powers he knows he has, etc. lol Cap took a massive punch from Supes and called him a jerk, didn't take any visible damage. Adam is superior to both of them. I don't know if he can win here but he'd do better than Supes or Marvel would.

Cogito
Originally posted by TrevorPhillipss
lol Cap took a massive punch from Supes and called him a jerk, didn't take any visible damage. Adam is superior to both of them. I don't know if he can win here but he'd do better than Supes or Marvel would.

Both took punches and showed no damage. Physically, they're peers. Superman has definitely showed vastly superior speed at this point (both in that fight and other feats), while Billy has powers he doesn't yet know about/know how to use.

Anyways, Superman doesn't matter here. It's Black Adam and First Born, and neither has a long enough history of feats to say much.

celeyhyga17
Both took punches and showed no damage. Physically, they're peers. Superman has definitely showed vastly superior speed at this point (both in that fight and other feats), while Billy has powers he doesn't yet know about/know how to use.

Anyways, Superman doesn't matter here. It's Black Adam and First Born, and neither has a long enough history of feats to say much.
Even early in their comic careers, First Born just seemed more impressive with putting Diana into a coma and easily KO'ing Orion.

I just hated how he was beaten. Comic book inconsistencies for the loss.

Cogito
Even early in their comic careers, First Born just seemed more impressive with putting Diana into a coma and easily KO'ing Orion.

I just hated how he was beaten. Comic book inconsistencies for the loss. thumb up

abhilegend
First Born wins.

ODG

I just hated how he was beaten. Comic book inconsistencies for the loss. He fought Wonder Woman, Orion and Ares and lost at the cost of Ares' life. Did you want him to roflstomp everyone another half dozen times?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
He fought Wonder Woman, Orion and Ares and lost at the cost of Ares' life. Did you want him to roflstomp everyone another half dozen times?
Yes!!!!!!!

Que in change of avatar and sig into the First Born!!! dun dun dun...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.