The Unforgiven: Registration and OOC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iKinneas
Enter the world of Lysandria, a world at war for the past 368 years. Countless lives have been lost, countless more families destroyed. In a matter of moments, however, the tides of the war may be turning. Lysandria holds a legend... A legend of individuals who lived countless centuries ago who possessed certain unique abilities. Some consider these legends nothing more than fairy tales, urban myths created to give hope to the hopeless, and to put fear in the fearless. Some consider them a religion of sorts, praying to the spirits of the warriors to return to the world, in hopes that they might end the struggles of the people. Some hunt them for redemption, and some for personal gain. Certain factions wish to recruit them, and others, to destroy them. However, this legend may be more than meets the eye. A young girl in Calrania, the capital province of Lysandria, has been having visions as of late. Visions of the "heroes" of legend... And of many misdeeds that may have been committed in their lifetimes. Hunted by the religious sects, who view her visions both as witchcraft and blasphemy, the girl is taken hostage, meant to be executed by year's end, to quell these rumors and put an end to the unbelievers. But the girl has not given up faith. For in her darkest hour, she calls out to the spirits in desperation, making a blood oath with them... "Save me," she cries forth, "and not only will I join you in freeing this land... I will aide you in cleansing the evils from your souls, redeeming you as the heroes that you are thought to be by countless souls throughout this land."

Meanwhile, several hundred miles away, a group of people are drawn to meet one another at a clearing in the Forests of Rysendia. Their purpose is unknown, however fate has brought forth a grand scheme... One that these few have been written into, whether they are appeased by it or not.

So, I hope you've all enjoyed the introduction to this tale, short as it may have been. I assure you, it looked much longer on notepad as I was typing it up. Players will take control of whomever they like within the world of Lysandria, whether it be the religionists, the non believers, the girl to be executed (who I'm going to go ahead and call a blood mage, or the equivalent therein), or the Unforgiven themselves. The different factions of the world are as follows......

The Almsmen -- Those who have come to view the legends of the Unforgiven as a sort of religion, worshipping the tales of their past battles, and revering them as the saviors of the world.

The Calranians -- Those who live in the Calranian Province, most of whom follow the Almsman faith. In the war, they are a tactical lot, thinking ahead every move before acting upon it. They are the most technologically advanced people of Lysandria, though it has proven to be a downfall on more occasions than they care to admit.

The Wildlings of Rysendia -- A primal race, by the standards of Lysandria. Their technology rivals what we would consider modern, though in this world, it is inferior to most. They have a primal belief in a single God, whom they believe will deliver the world from its pain by destroying all those who bring forth misery upon the world and its people.

The Freyans -- A war-like race, their technology not quite as superior as the Calranians', although it is nowhere as inferior as the Wildlings'. They believe that there is no conflict that cannot be resolved by violence, and they enforce this belief by crushing the skulls of any who disagree with them.

The Unforgiven -- (Known to the religious faith as the Almsmen of Yore) Beings of legend. It is said that they once walked this land, freeing the oppressed and destroying the conquerors. No one knows how true these legends are, nor do they know what became of these individuals. Recently, a young girl has come to claim that she has seen visions of their past, and that they were an impure sort, destroying the world rather than saving it.

Couple of quick notes that have been added: First of all, if you're one of the Unforgiven, note that you can come from one of the other backgrounds. These are ancient spirits brought back in the form of people who are living day to day lives in "modern" society for this world.

As for the abilities that they have, I'm thinking something, I dunno... If you have an idea you're unsure of, PM me, and we'll see if we can't work something out. As long as I don't see the potential of the character being ridiculously OP, I'm probably gonna be fairly lenient on powers, to be completely honest.

Character sheets are as follows, and I'll post mine in the next little bit, just to give you an idea as to what we're working with.

Name:
Faction: (if Unforgiven, post the faction they belonged to previously, as well)
Powers: (if Unforgiven or the little girl. otherwise, skip this)
Weaponry: (if any)
Appearance:
Bio:

iKinneas
Name: Faowind Caelholdt (or just Cael, for short)
Faction: Unforgiven, previously of the Freyans
Powers: Telekinesis, Telepathy
Weaponry: Short sword and heavy pistol
Appearance: The one in the blue. I couldn't find a picture of him by himself, so... Eh. I'll hunt out a better one later.
http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/1414508-bigthumbnail.jpg
Bio: Faowind was born into a war like no other, one that had engulfed his people centuries before anyone he ever knew had existed. He never knew what the origin was, nor did he question it. All he knew was that it was expected of him to one day become a great warrior for his people, like his father before him. He was, however, not gifted with the natural strength that normally befell his people, but rather with a natural talent for agility and stealth. As such, he was trained not for frontline combat, but rather for more tactical approaches. He found himself finally growing proficient in the arts of war, when he began having these strange dreams... And then the voices came. At first, he thought he was losing his mind, but over the course of a few weeks, he found that he recognized most of them as the voices of his allies, and sometimes those of his enemies. He began to hone the ability, though he hasn't quite fine-tuned it yet, and sometimes still picks up chatter from others without meaning to. He also found himself able to manipulate and move objects with his mind, making his missions twice as efficient and half as time consuming... When he could make it work to his advantage. The dreams grew worse, until one night he awoke and found himself inexplicably drawn toward the nearby forests. Though he couldn't explain it, he knew that this night would change his life forever...

XanatosForever
Eh, why not.

Name: Jared Rockabilly

Faction: Unforgiven (Wildling of Rysendia)

Powers: Teleportation

Weaponry: Brass Knuckles

Appearance: Jared's clothes are loud, the better to really make an entrance. He wears bright green bell bottom pants and a hot pink tee under an orange sweater-vest. His hair is slicked down to one side and swept back, as if he's lost a fight with a particularly strong gust of wind (he swears it's all the rage). He wears large sunglasses, removing them during a performance to reveal his red eyes (they're just contacts). His face is a bit wide, but basically perfect. Perfect teeth, perfect nose, just...so perfect (actually, his nose is a bit narrow, and his right earlobe is longer than his left, but we don't talk about that). He's physically fit, but not muscular (he's still hitting the bench to fix that) and stands at about five foot, ten inches (about four of those inches are the platform shoes).

Bio: Born Jeremiah Benton, Jared Rockabilly knew he was destined for greatness. At the age of fifteen, he "emancipated" himself from his parents house by moving in with his aunt and uncle in Das Engels. From there he steeped himself in the popular culture, and hounded every event trying to put his name out there. It wasn't long before the name change came along, and it got him some bit parts in tween sitcoms, but Jared knew he would do more. He got into dancing, finding himself a choreographer and a capoeira instructor (hey, it's still dancing!). His first outings didn't show much promise, but that changed when he turned 18. One night, during a show, he took a stage dive, making a twirling leap into the crowd. Where he landed surprised even him as he turned around on the sidewalk to look up at the buildings marquee scrolling his name.

From there, his career really took off. He took dancing to a whole new level, setting up shows that had him bouncing all over the place, on stage and off, between his backup dancers or in the crowds. Whenever someone asked how he did it, all he ever said was, "I've got those magic moves, y'know!" His clothes set the trend for generations of teens, establishing an era of bright and loud (The Rockabilly Life!). Then, on the eve of his 21st birthday, something started to change. He stopped doing performances and started behaving erratically. Most people said it was to be expected, the pressures of stardom finally getting to him. During his final concert, he collapsed on stage complaining of headaches and terrible dreams. Since then he'd more or less stayed out of the public eye, though he can usually smile for the camera when the chance arrives, before vanishing completely after his 23rd birthday. Where is the former star now? What is he doing?

The Big O
Character coming soon.

XanatosForever
For the record.

Originally posted by iKinneas
Alright, guys, I think that's enough. I'm gonna run out and grab a bite to eat, and within the next 12 hours or so (sorry to be vague, but I'm not sure of an exact time) I'll have the OOC thread up and ready so we can get this thing running!!

haermm

iKinneas
Yeah, I know. I get sidetracked. >.>

And Xan, you're good to go.

XanatosForever
Awesome. thumb up This should be interesting.

iKinneas
I hope so. I'm looking forward to getting it up and running.

The Big O
Wait. I have a question. I wanted my character to do something with teleportation. Would it be too wild to have two characters who possess this ability?

XanatosForever
He didn't say that characters couldn't have similar powers.

iKinneas
Xan's right. I never went in-depth on what powers the Unforgiven had, simply because I didn't want to limit it. Originally, it was going to be where each of them controlled a specific element, or something of the sort, but then I thought... Let's just see what everyone comes up with.

So, for two Unforgiven to have similar powers would not be unheard of. Some of the lore I've prepared for the RP (yes, I actually wrote up some lore for this. no, I won't share ahead of time. >.&gtwink actually makes mention of certain points in history wherein the entire group of Unforgiven all happened to exist with solely the power of Pyromancy. It's a rather interesting read, and I'm anxious to get it posted once we get up and going.

Anyway, for those who didn't read the whole of my rant... Yes, two characters can have the same powers.

The Big O
Okay, then. Character coming soon.

The Big O
Name: Solomon Calormen

Faction: Unforgiven (previously, The Almsmen)

Powers: Remote teleportation

Weaponry: N/A

Appearance: Solomon has an olive colored skin-tone with angular facial features. His eyes are amber colored and he has mid-length, jet black hair that always looks wind blown along with a wisp of facial hair. He stands at a height of 5'10" and has a lean, but toned build. Solomon does not have a set style, preferring to dress in whatever he feels comfortable in after his escape from the church.

Bio: It all started with those dreams. Everything could be traced back to those blasted dreams. The loss of his fiancee. His lack of freedom. The vanishing of his normal life. These are the things that were lost once those dreams started.

Solomon was as normal an Almsmen as could be. He went to church and practiced his faith regularly. He studied for school. He loved a girl and asked her parents permission to make her his wife. Once the permission was given, he asked for her hand in marriage and it was given to him.

And then the dreams started.

Dreams of a life lived but yet, his own. Dreams of battles long since fought. Dreams of spectacular and frightening things. Dreams where he could do things not many could. Dreams of others.

To this day, Solomon does not know how his fellow Almsmen knew of his dreams. He still thinks too highly of his past love to think she could have doomed him to this life. Either way, he has long since let it go.

His people took him from his home. Stripped him naked. Bathed him in various scented oils and fragrances that stung his nose. They layered him in hot robes. They sat him in a church and began to worship him.

Solomon knew his faith. Solomon knew the "legends" his people kept. Solomon was being worshiped as one of the gods reborn.

He was not allowed to see his family. He was not allowed to see his love. He was not allowed to have anything from his old life as he was told it was unclean and impure.

He had to escape.

Months passed by the time he finally came up with a plan to escape his holy confinement. However, things did not exactly go as planned. The day before he was to put his plan into effect, he was out on his daily walk though the courtyard of the church. There were people all around him crying and worshiping and shouting for him to help the world.

As he was heading back to the church, there was a man that bypassed the guards and ran straight for Solomon. The man was shouting how Solomon's very life a blasphemy to the faith and he held up a jagged looking dagger. In order to warn those who could not see what was happening, Solomon pointed to the man and shouted out that he had a dagger.

As soon as he uttered the word dagger, the sharp object disappeared out of the man's hands and into Solomon's. The screaming people instantly grew quiet and all looked to Solomon standing there, still pointing but now holding the dagger, as guards tackled the man. There was no denying it now. Solomon was something.

Later that night, the dreams returned. But something was different. They seemed to call out to him. They beckoned him to a placed beyond the wall of the church. Beyond the city he was worshiped as a god in. They beckoned him. And he followed.

The Scenario
Question on the tech level of this. I see that the Wildlings have the lowest tech base, though it's apparently modern by our standards. So how far exactly is the tech tree here?

Just want to ask before I possibly throw a Power Armored AI made of plasma or something into the mix.

The Big O
big grin SCENARIO!!!

XanatosForever
Hey. Hey O. Hey man. What the what, man.

Originally posted by XanatosForever
His hair is slicked down to one side and swept back, as if he's lost a fight with a particularly strong gust of wind (he swears it's all the rage).

Originally posted by The Big O
His eyes are amber colored and he has mid-length, jet black hair that always looks wind blown along with a wisp of facial hair.

Pssh, first you copy my power, now you copy my looks?
estahuh You tryin' ta start somethin'?

Joking, of course. stick out tongue

iKinneas
Originally posted by The Scenario
Question on the tech level of this. I see that the Wildlings have the lowest tech base, though it's apparently modern by our standards. So how far exactly is the tech tree here?

Just want to ask before I possibly throw a Power Armored AI made of plasma or something into the mix.

Hm... The best comparison I could think of would be... About the Tech Level of Final Fantasy XIII (as ashamed as I am to admit I played it...)

The Big O
flirt What can I say, Xan? Great minds think alike.

And Kin, I've never played FF (although I kinda want to) so I don't know what the tech is like.

iKinneas

The Big O
So, fantasy-science. Got it. I also posted a character, Kin. Let me know if he's okay or if I need to change anything.

The Scenario
big grin SCENARIO!!!

That's not a reaction I'm used to. Hey, there, long time no see.

And I hope this guy is okay:

Name: Isaac Richter

Faction: Calranian

Powers: N/A

Weaponry:
-AMP Warhammer, "Skyfall"*
-Pulse Laser Pistol
-Magknife (returning magnetic knife)

"Skyfall" is a custom built Warhammer that utilizes gravity manipulation technology to enhance its destructive power. Resembling a large sledgehammer, Skyfall features a large spike on one side, while the other remains flat. Its handle contains a trigger resembling that of a gunblade that controls the hammer's grav unit. Normally, Skyfall's grav unit is active, reducing the hammer's weight until it is negligible, allowing it to be wielded with ease, even one-handed. When the trigger is pulled, however, the grav unit reverses, multiplying Skyfall's weight several times during a strike. Further, this activates the internal piston mechanism, which launches the sides of the hammer outward to impart additional force.

Appearance: Isaac is a large man with short, almost military cut blond hair, hazel eyes, and hard features. He has light skin that is nonetheless heavily tanned, and is crossed with a network of light scarring. He typically dresses in tight fitting clothing that doesn't blow in the wind, favoring high altitude gear when not wearing his armor.

Isaac also owns a suit of grav controlled jump armor. Designed to shrug off blows not only through physical toughness, the field it generates is also capable of turning away hits and deflecting laser fire to a degree, while also reducing the weight enough for the user to move unencumbered. The suit is also equipped with a set of jump jets, which combined with the grav unit are able to propel the user great distances and change direction in mid-air.

Bio: Isaac Richter was born in the Calranian Province, joining the military at a young age. However, the slowness and indecision of his superiors angered the eager youth, and after a particularly disastrous incident where he violated standing orders to wait, he was discharged and struck out on his own.

Eventually, Isaac fell in with a group of mercenaries, selling his talents to the Calranian government on his own terms and only taking jobs once the planning stage was complete. During the wars, Isaac made something of a name for himself, the 'impatient Calranian' and had a degree of success with his comparatively lightning fast strikes.

After many, many years serving in the way, Isaac was granted free reign as a Sky Privateer. He obtained his own airship and became free to harass enemy targets as he chose, attacking airships and civilian craft alike so long as he stayed within certain rules, such as sparing civilian lives.

Hearing about the return of the Almsmen of Yore, Isaac's curiosity was piqqued and he decided to find out for himself just how true the legends were.

iKinneas
O and Scenario, both good to go.

iKinneas
Where is everyone else at? This thing had more people than this back in the ideas thread. o.o

XanatosForever
You also promised said people an OOC up much earlier than this. Are you really surprised they didn't stick around?

Phoenix3068
http://s3.zerochan.net/Kylin.Zhang.240.965654.jpg

http://s3.zerochan.net/Daomu.240.666431.jpg

http://s3.zerochan.net/Daomu.240.437040.jpg
(I might join as the second character in this image)

http://s3.zerochan.net/yoku.%28liuyc%29.240.1334755.jpg
_____________-----______________

You really must not have tried very hard Kin. Lol.

iKinneas
I didn't, to be honest. I found a picture I liked and settled with it. >.>

Phoenix3068
In the third picture, if you're the guy on the left I could be the one on the right. We could be mates, you and I.

iKinneas
Sounds good to me.

The Big O
Not to rush anything, but when are we gonna get an IC thread?

XanatosForever
O, you're being way too polite. Did you see how much time passed between the idea confirmation and OOC being put up? We need to kick Kin in the pants to get this moving.

WHAT DO WE WANT!?

ROLEPLAY!!!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT?!

NOW!!!!

Seriously, though, a IC thread would be very appreciated, please. smile

iKinneas
Doing a quick revamp on Cael, and then I'll post up the IC thread.

Name: Faowind Caelholdt (or just Cael, for short)
Faction: Unforgiven, previously of the Freyans
Powers: ShadowCaster
Weaponry: Dual pistols, a lever action shotgun
Appearance: http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t545/iKinneas/Cael_zps19ca13da.jpg
Bio: Faowind was born into a war like no other, one that had engulfed his people centuries before anyone he ever knew had existed. He never knew what the origin was, nor did he question it. All he knew was that it was expected of him to one day become a great warrior for his people, like his father before him. He was, however, not gifted with the natural strength that normally befell his people, but rather with a natural talent for agility and stealth. As such, he was trained not for frontline combat, but rather for more tactical approaches. He found himself finally growing proficient in the arts of war, when he began having these strange dreams... And then, the shadows came. He became adept, rather quickly, with manipulating shadows to exactly where he needed them, even finding a means of using them to engulf his enemies in shrouds of darkness, blinding them to his assaults. He soon grew to love the darkness, taking it upon himself as though it were a part of him, and learning to see as well in a setting devoid of light as if he were standing in broad daylight, making his missions twice as efficient and half as time consuming... When he could make it work to his advantage. The dreams grew worse, until one night he awoke and found himself inexplicably drawn toward the nearby forests. Though he couldn't explain it, he knew that this night would change his life forever...

For those who didn't bother to read, only real changes are his weponry, he's now a ShadowCaster rather than a Telekinetic/Telepath (since that's feeling rather dry for a power base) and I fixed the bio to reflect that, rather than the old powers. No other changes, as of yet. He still is, essentially, the same kid from the first picture, just... With a different... A darker look about him. Anyway, gonna start on the IC thread. Should have it posted soon.

iKinneas
Hooray for double posting! big grin Actually, I'm just putting this here to broadcast that the RP thread is alive and kicking! I look forward to seeing what everyone has in store for this little world of mine, so let's get out there and kick some ass, guys!!

XanatosForever
I'm just glad things can get rolling now.

I'm also taking on a new little gimmick to see how well it'll work. At the end of each post I'm going to Tag each character involved in the scene with mine, so people can know who should be able to see what's happening and reply. It's something I saw done in another forum I used to frequent, so we'll see how it works.

iKinneas
Actually, Xan, I really like that as a concept.

The Big O
And now, I'm going to start doing that. Brilliant.

iKinneas
I think... How does everyone feel about making that a rule for this RP, as a trial thing? Let's put it to a vote!

I vote Aye, lol.

XanatosForever
You already know my vote.

starryknight
Name: Elijah De' Micheals

Faction: Unforgiven ( The Wildlings of Rysendia)

Powers: Magnetism- he is able to pull, push, or bend metal at his will but most the time limits himself to only his blade.

Weaponry: a blade that sits on his arm and several knives that are concealed throughout his clothing.

Appearance: http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/e/e8/Chinese_Talon_Splash_1.jpg

Bio: Elijah was from a humble family of six and was the eldest of four children that barely got by with their parents pathetic paychecks. At fourteen he made the decision to stuff his bag with as much of his belongings as possible along with his fathers blade and left, only once regretted leaving his younger siblings. Elijah traveled around stealing to get by and learning hard lessons when he'd get caught, however, he quickly became a proficient thief that could steal a belt of a lawman without him none the wiser. He quickly became known for his skills and was approached by multiple guilds of thieves, offering a place for him in their ranks or death. He would usually leave the messengers face down in ditches barely clinging on to life.

This behavior, however, lead to assassins coming after him and caused him to constantly be checking over his shoulder. One night he find himself cornered by sword wielding assasins, steal clashed as Elijah fought to keep his life but there was just too many for even him to handle and when the final blow was about to be struck he raised his arm as a last hope and to his and the assassin's surprise the stopped mare inches from arm. At that moment something clicked in Elijah and suddenly he knew what to do. He pushed the blade causing it to run through the assassin's comrade, then with another push he caused all of the swords to be thrown from the other assassin's and just as quickly as they appeared they vanished.

Elijah looked at his opened hand with his fathers blade shinning in the moon light and a diabolical smile crept over his lips.
"My destiny revealed."

iKinneas
Good on ya, star. Approved and such, feel free to start posting whenever.

XanatosForever
Talon, really? LoL stick out tongue

starryknight
"On razors edge..."

Hey I thought you didn't play League!

XanatosForever
I don't, but I've been hanging out with a bunch of friends who do, so I'm starting to recognize stuff.

XanatosForever
Double posting, I know. Shame on me, but I figured it was best to make a note.

A Tag of none just means that Jared isn't interacting with someone specifically. His actions can, and in some cases probably should, be reacted upon.

For the record, I don't think Cael or Solomon are going to know how to handle Jared. He's just so...not what they're used to. laughing

iKinneas
Cael's definitely intrigued, though. He's never seen one so... Colorful... >.>

starryknight
Sorry for my weak intro...it's always the hardest. >.<

XanatosForever
It's fine. I love how everyone instantly has nothing but contempt for my character. Guess nobody heard that old saying about books. laughing

starryknight
Books are for nerds!

It seemes Jared is going to to be the lovable character who everyone abuses. big grin

XanatosForever
Originally posted by starryknight
Books are fun!

It seemes Jared is going to to be the lovable character who everyone tries to abuse. big grin

Fixed that for you. wink

starryknight
stick out tongue

Dammit Xan, you had to point out a typo! I meant to say get in the way not get away...

XanatosForever
Not intentionally. In character, it's just Talon Elijah's way of talking.

I like how the two guys from the same country are butting heads most so far.

starryknight
Jared just rubs Elijah the wrong way...-_-

I'm only using his picture and the fact that he's a thief, in fact he was going to be a thief anyways, that's way I picked Talon.

The Scenario
So yeah. This guy.

I apologize for probably ruining your plans for the immediate future, everyone.

The Big O
You jacked nothing up, Scene. But I will way for someone else to post before I post again.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by starryknight
Jared just rubs Elijah the wrong way...-_-

I'm only using his picture and the fact that he's a thief, in fact he was going to be a thief anyways, that's way I picked Talon.

I'm just teasing you, starry. Far be it from me to actually take offense at using pictures from other medium.

Gonna be pretty busy the next couple days. I'll try and get a post in to move things along, but I can't promise anything.

iKinneas
Guess who's back to post again! big grin Sorry it took a bit, everyone. Been busy doing other stuff, and I just got the mindset to post again. >.>

iKinneas
Yay double posting! Sorry again it took so long, guys. I'm about to finish out my post as I type this. There's a point that Cael is shifting about in the shadows, you'll know it when you see it. During the dialogue there, every time you see "..." assume that his voice has shifted to a new location. It's the only way I can think to make it happen without dropping back and forth constantly between dialogue and movement.

XanatosForever
laughing Solomon's a bit forgetful, isn't he? He was the only person to actually introduce himself by name. wink

The Big O
I just read that. Lol. I honestly couldn't remember forrealz. The 15 mins time limit had passed before I could change it, though.

XanatosForever
All good. I've done my bit, just waiting to see how things move forward.

The Big O
By the way, I actually think I dig Jared's personality. Its original.

XanatosForever
It's something other than the usual stoic/serious/"badass" personality you see often. Refreshing, really, though I'm definitely toeing the line between what I can personally stand. If he were any cockier, I'd have to kill him to prevent another Narutard/Black*Eye effect.

The Big O
Jared doesn't seem cocky. I don't know what I'd call it. But it wouldn't be cocky.

starryknight
Elijah is the typical bad boy all dah ladies fall for. embarrasment

XanatosForever
Sterotypical, even. stick out tongue j/k

The Scenario
I'm going to have a hard time not playing with these tags.

XanatosForever
I don't see why you need to fight it. laughing As long as we're clear on who's being tagged, having a bit of fun doesn't need to be discouraged.

XanatosForever
So I haven't posted yet because I didn't want to fall into a trend of being the first to post in a turn. Were people waiting for me or something? Just let me know and I'll put something up. I'd rather not let this die so soon.

Phoenix3068
Let me find the RP and read over all of it, then I'll work on a character. Need to decide how I'd put the character together. I usually either make an entirely new character that grows into something big or branch off from my main character.

The Big O
I was actually waiting for that same exact reason, Xan. I guess that's how RPs die, huh?

Phoenix3068
So it occurs to me that... I have no idea. Scenario! Are you a boy or a girl? I've always thought you were a boy, which I guess is based off your more masculine way of doing things and your lack of female characters in RP's we've done. But now that I think about it, I think I've always seen you with female avatars and you have an N/A gender. Sorry, it just really struck me as curious. Anyways... Back to the RP Reading!

XanatosForever
Scenario's female for quan. 313

Phoenix3068
O.o?

The Scenario
So I haven't posted yet because I didn't want to fall into a trend of being the first to post in a turn. Were people waiting for me or something? Just let me know and I'll put something up. I'd rather not let this die so soon.

I was actually waiting for that same exact reason, Xan. I guess that's how RPs die, huh?

Could we perhaps institute some kind of turn system, then? Just as a simple guideline of who should be posting when, with the option to delay your turn for someone else?

Or we could just post in the discussion thread when we don't really plan on posting. I dunno how to solve this problem other than what we're doing now.

Originally posted by Phoenix3068
So it occurs to me that... I have no idea. Scenario! Are you a boy or a girl? I've always thought you were a boy, which I guess is based off your more masculine way of doing things and your lack of female characters in RP's we've done. But now that I think about it, I think I've always seen you with female avatars and you have an N/A gender. Sorry, it just really struck me as curious. Anyways... Back to the RP Reading!

http://pxlbyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Prof-Oak-Are-you-a-boy-or-a-girl-349x465.jpg

That's the mysteryyyy

And I dunno, I've never really been too concerned with anybody's sex or gender. Though I did have Bennu that one time, she was one of my earlier characters. There was also Ifrothrax, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that remembers her. Incidentally, I should bring Balan back. (Sorry for the non-answer, but the world is not ready.)

Scenario's female for quan. 313

You hush.

XanatosForever
And I dunno, I've never really been too concerned with anybody's sex or gender. Though I did have Bennu that one time, she was one of my earlier characters. There was also Ifrothrax, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that remembers her. Incidentally, I should bring Balan back. (Sorry for the non-answer, but the world is not ready.)

I remember Balan and Ifrothrax, which may or may not have to do with the fact I shoved my OC into that same thread. Really sad it crapped out, but definitely wouldn't mind seeing the old summoner again.

Anyways, a turn system might work, though it does kind of shoehorn people into a time slot, but if it'll help improve post rates, I'm for it. I also am not sure how I want to have Jared react right now, which is why I haven't posted now.

You hush.

What, embarrassed? haermm

iKinneas
If you guys wanna do a turn order kinda thing, we can. If not, then we can proceed as planned. It's all whatever will help keep the thread alive. Just lemme know, guys, and we'll figure it out.

The Big O
I'm okay with a turn-based system. But how will it work if someone misses their turn and someone was either talking to them or requires a response from them?

The Scenario
I'll admit I don't really have all the problems with it worked out yet. I really just intended it a suggestion for how to solve the "I was waiting for someone else to post first" problem. That could be solved with a turn system, but it could also be solved by simply posting that you're waiting in this thread.

The turns don't necessarily have to be ironclad, either. As long as everyone understands generally who hasn't posted yet or has someone interacting with them it should be fine. I don't want to force anyone into posting, so much as I think a little structure might help.

There would certainly be exceptions, such a when two characters are away from everyone else. They don't need to pay attention to turns since it would just be a back and forth. In a larger group, though, where multiple characters might be reacting to the same thing, it could be useful to know who still hasn't reacted, or who is in waiting.

It's more of a guideline, like the pirate's code. You don't need to pay attention to turns in order to participate. Does that make sense?

What, embarrassed? haermm

How can the mystery be any fun if you're blurting out hints and secrets? Is that what you want? To kill fun?

You're a monster. So hush. wink

Phoenix3068
I'm just gonna go ahead and assume Scenario is a girl then.

The Big O
Oh, Bob. I'm embarrassed at how slim my post is. Smh.

XanatosForever
My post isn't really all that long either, O. I'm just using previous dialogue for fluff. laughing

The Scenario
It's understandable. It can be difficult to pad out dialogue when there isn't a lot going on. Unless you want to have some big internal monologue or something to fill out the post, I guess.

XanatosForever
That would definitely offer more to read, and could be a good way of letting others in a character's head. That said, not everyone is good about internalizing, and there's only so much you could do with it before it's just being used pointlessly.

The Scenario
If anyone is waiting for me to post, I apologize since I'm also waiting on a few other characters to respond to Isaac's offer. I figure he's talking and/or making statements to everyone there.

I'll give it a few more days before I post under the assumption that the others are remaining quiet. If that's okay with everyone?

XanatosForever
I'm thinking maybe keeping track of players in a game and sending them PMs to alert them to new posts might help keep this from being an issue at some points.

In any case, I've already got a post up, I think the only two people we're really waiting on is Kin and starry.

XanatosForever
I've got nothing to progress things as Jared. The guy's not going to really put himself out there, even for as nice a stranger as Solomon might be. stick out tongue

The Big O
I kinda figured that and its plausible. That's why I'm having Solomon trying to talk down Isaac. Maybe use some of his scholarly logic to save his life.

Phoenix3068
Name: Jarrod Taohart
Faction: Possibly Freyans
Powers: Adrenaline High (if possible)
Weaponry: Heavy Pistols, SMGs, Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, Explosives
Appearance: The one not in blue.
http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/1414508-bigthumbnail.jpg
Bio: Jarrod became a soldier of fortune, so to speak. While he fights for the Freyans, he does not care for their views and does not fight for a reason other then his next pay. He's a fairly happy person and tends to easily get along with those around him. Favoring many forms of weapons, Jarrod was often the type to be seen looting the battlefield for new parts for further weapons, adding them to his own stock for an armory that he kept hidden in the forests not far from his current outpost. Jarrod has a friendship with an ex-Freyan, Faowind, who became one of his better teammates. The two fought together well and seemed to cover each others weaknesses with ease, making them strong allies and stronger lovers (KIDDING). While Jarrod has no goal in his mind at the moment, he is constantly searching for something that might grow to mean more to him then simple pay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.