Nods to Galan! Team Time Vs Team Tech

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Team Time:
Epoch (From JLA/Wildcats)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/EP_zps1be51176.jpg
Rip
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/RH_zpsfb182af6.jpg

vs

Tony
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/TS_zps5b7e060c.jpg
Hank
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HP_zps4ba9a7c4.jpg

Bentley
Epoch solos?

carver9
Spite.

iceman24567
carver is right for once team time wins in spitey fashion

Bentley
So should we blame Galan for this epic spite match?

Galan007
I, too, was wondering why this thread is a nod to me..?

Uriel005
Epoch steps back to watch the master deal with the two feebs.

Digi
*nods to Galan*

I believe that this is a completely equal fight, and I thank Galan for being the inspiration for it.

carver9
I wonder what's the last comic Galan has read.

Zack Fair
DBZ

Galan007
Originally posted by Digi
*nods to Galan*

I believe that this is a completely equal fight, and I thank Galan for being the inspiration for it. haw-som

Originally posted by carver9
I wonder what's the last comic Galan has read. Werewolf By Night #1.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
DBZ Close second. thumb up

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
haw-som

Werewolf By Night #1.

Close second. thumb up

I gave you the nod, because I was searching for Epoch (Marvel one) and got this.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t472521.html

Anyway, what are Epoch's best feats that would make it a good fight against someone like Extant?

Digi
Man, I wonder what the last comic was that I read. It's been a while, not counting old graphic novels I've been purchasing to round out my collection.

In five years, I won't know jack-all about anything.new. It's really been almost two years since I've been on the pulse of anything that I don't accidentally absorb on KMC. I'm coasting on my 1985-2010 knowledge.

Galan007
Originally posted by Golgo13
I gave you the nod, because I was searching for Epoch (Marvel one) and got this.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t472521.html

Anyway, what are Epoch's best feats that would make it a good fight against someone like Extant? Lol, well thanks for the nod I guess...

carver9
Originally posted by Digi
Man, I wonder what the last comic was that I read. It's been a while, not counting old graphic novels I've been purchasing to round out my collection.

In five years, I won't know jack-all about anything.new. It's really been almost two years since I've been on the pulse of anything that I don't accidentally absorb on KMC. I'm coasting on my 1985-2010 knowledge.

No Thor?

Digi
Originally posted by carver9
No Thor?

I'm basically done with comics. It's been part of a larger restructuring of my life and priorities the past year or two. I still enjoy discussing them, but got tired of constantly following, well, anything. My knowledge includes nothing in the last year or so, outside of random bits gleaned from KMC.

Now, I know some of the Thor stuff has been excellent recently, from seeing it here on KMC. And that's awesome. But it hasn't drawn me back in. "Outgrowing" it isn't the correct term, because there's good writing/art/etc. in comics for any age or maturity level. But I don't miss it.

And I do still keep abreast of news every now and then. If Gaiman ever writes new Sandman stuff, for example, or if Warren Ellis does anything at all, I'll likely follow it. But outside of KMC tourneys, I stopped caring about power level stuff years ago, and mainstream titles have to cater to a young enough audience and are bound by certain limitations (status quo universe, etc.) that there's only so many permutations a comic can throw out there before it's all a bit tired. I'm ok missing out on the occasional exceptional title to avoid the constant burden on my time and money, and I have no desire anymore to be a completionist, even for the few characters I really care about. DC did me a massive favor with the DCnU, too, because I don't feel like I'm giving up on characters I've followed for years. For a great example: giving up Alan Scott, the decades-old legend of the Silver Age and beyond, with his team of fellow legends and young proteges who help define heroism for generations of readers? Hard as hell. Giving up Alan Scott, the brand new GL with a completely different backstory and barely any recognizable character traits with the old one, other than physical features and willpower, with his team of X-Men-esque coming-of-age youngsters? Easy.

srug

tl;dr - life happens, and KMC is the last of my comic interest.

carver9
Makes sense. I rarely if ever see you online like you use to be when I first joined the site. You should at least follow your favorite character...especially with everything Thor has been through and accomplished.

Bentley
But Digi is following his favorite character: the non-existant pre-N52 Alan Scott who no longer appears in any comic thumb up

Warlord
Rip solos

Digi
Originally posted by Bentley
But Digi is following his favorite character: the non-existant pre-N52 Alan Scott who no longer appears in any comic thumb up

Alan was just an example. I jumped ship on a lot of DC stuff. The dissolution of Wildstorm was another. The characters are neutered in the DCnU...not worth reading compared to what they were. I have absolutely no interest in DCnU stuff. The nonsense with Otto in Spider-Man also helped. I needed a jumping off point. That gave me one. The imposter can play house in Pete's body. I won't be following. Events are generally crap, and even the best rarely reach the heights the medium is capable of. Like I said, there's a limit to the permutations. And am I supposed to stay in comics right now solely because Thor is good? Nah, I'm good.

Alias Stone
@Digi the Superior Spiderman arc isn't that bad and Spidey is in my top 1

But I guess its also based on how long you've been reading for cos I only started reading comics properly in the party year

But I do believe that there are some good stories going on

Wolverines new school
SSM
Cyclops' renegade X-Men
New Supes
Hawkeye
Uncanny, New and just plain Avengers
Cables team

And there is probably more that I've left out
But these are looking good

Digi
There's always good stories. Give each company dozens of titles, and they'll hit gold on a few of them at any given point. But that's not really the point.

There's always good novels being written. And Salvatore just came out with a new Drizzt novel that will kick off a brand new series. And TV is better than it's ever been, arguably. And why the hell have I not caught up on Breaking Bad? And my one good friend has been on me to start Boardwalk Empire. And I'd love to catch up on Community and Adventure Time. And Regular Show looks awesome too. And GTAV is amazing. And I've played TES my whole life and they're coming out with a badass MMO soon that I could get lost in. And the new Batman game lets you play as Deathstroke. And I co-host a WoW podcast that I'd love to continue with, instead of giving it a dignified death in a few months. And I have a stack of books half as tall as me next to my bed waiting to be read. And...

You see the point. I go out ~4 nights a week with friends/gf, and have a couple regular hobbies that take me out of the house. And I'm working on commissioned projects outside of work relatively constantly. I like an occasional escape, but the constant consumption is becoming a chore. it's all I've done for well over a decade, and there's only so many ways, say, a new Superman story is going to raise the bar for me anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.