Time to save the universe...again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
The universe is facing it's newest threat and only __________ can stop it. Who has the best chance of stopping a universal level threat?

Reed Richards
vs
Adam Warlock
vs
The Doctor

TheGodKiller
Doctor.

Supermex
Reed

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Doctor.

LeonBuco666
Reed if he became a villain would be a universal level threat, Doom is a universal lever threat.......I do not care much for warlock.
I would even go as far to say Multiversal with a good amount of prep time.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Reed if he became a villain would be a universal level threat, Doom is a universal lever threat.......I do not care much for warlock.
I would even go as far to say Multiversal with a good amount of prep time.

The Doctor, in this thread, isn't Doctor Doom.

Digi
Assuming the Doctor is of the "Who" variety, and not Wildstorm or something...then this isn't even close. And yes, I'm aware of Reed's feats. Like, even minor episodes of the show usually involve a planetary-level threat, and he usually stops them with the sci-fi equivalent of some duct tape and string.

LeonBuco666
Ar shit i skimmed and automatically assumed Doom, but yes if its THE doctor from the who-verse, then him, easily, by leaps and bounds.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Digi
Assuming the Doctor is of the "Who" variety, and not Wildstorm or something...then this isn't even close. And yes, I'm aware of Reed's feats. Like, even minor episodes of the show usually involve a planetary-level threat, and he usually stops them with the sci-fi equivalent of some duct tape and string. Yep, I posted this thread in honor of the best series in the history of sci-fi unveiling their 9th and potentially greatest Doctor. If Captain Kirk and MacGuyver had a son it would be the Doctor. I'm kinda surprised this hasn't been closed already. Compared to the Doctor, the threats Reed and Warlock have dealt with are just a Monday.

Digi
Making a thread thinking it should be closed for spite isn't exactly the best thing to be doing. But lol @ the rest. And yes, the winner here is clear.

LeonBuco666
No, brock, there sundays

Brockalizer

-Pr-
Doctor Who, obviously.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk

Uriel005
Dr. Who watches Marvel and DC just in case he needs to step in.

Also if books comics, audio and tv series included you could throw most of Marvel and DC together and they'd still be hilariously outgunned even if you included TOAA and the Presence if the Doctor is given a week of prep.

Digi
Originally posted by Uriel005
Dr. Who watches Marvel and DC just in case he needs to step in.

Also if books comics, audio and tv series included you could throw most of Marvel and DC together and they'd still be hilariously outgunned even if you included TOAA and the Presence if the Doctor is given a week of prep.

Well, if a bloodlusted Doctor is given a week of prep, I agree. He isn't the type to be proactive about this stuff unless he needs to be...his normal procedure is to muck up the prep of others, not come in with universal-level guns blazing. But he's faced (and beaten) abstract entities before.

But like, in 20 minutes on a random space station, he put together a Delta Wave generator with spare parts that could literally fry everything on Earth and the space around it. And if he had had a bit more time, he could have refined it to target only a specific type of creature. If he needs to do that kind of crazy stuff, he can.

LeonBuco666
And of course he has that screwdriver, which can do pretty much whatever.

Digi
One time in the comics, he turned it to a weird setting and it created a barrier against a weapon that could rip a hole in spacetime, or a being that could, or something like that. Anyway, he was like "Oh, didn't know it could do that." I don't care that the screwdriver, TARDIS, and Doctor himself are walking deus ex plot devices. I just love him too much to worry about it.

Uriel005
One time in the comics, he turned it to a weird setting and it created a barrier against a weapon that could rip a hole in spacetime, or a being that could, or something like that. Anyway, he was like "Oh, didn't know it could do that." I don't care that the screwdriver, TARDIS, and Doctor himself are walking deus ex plot devices. I just love him too much to worry about it. several of the older doctor's were actually rather proactive. Hell the 6th was quite the dick chessmaster of the incarnations.

LeonBuco666
I remember in a comic he ended up on some random planet and sniffed, and because he sniffed the air he calculated how many life forms there were in his head, crazy

Digi
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
I remember in a comic he ended up on some random planet and sniffed, and because he sniffed the air he calculated how many life forms there were in his head, crazy

laughing out loud

Uriel005
laughing out loud no laughing he can also tell age by taste...

Digi
no laughing he can also tell age by taste...

I'm a pretty big DW fan, so this stuff isn't exactly news to me. I just love being reminded of the awesomeness.

Uriel005
I'm a pretty big DW fan, so this stuff isn't exactly news to me. I just love being reminded of the awesomeness. question then third doctor swordskills and Gallifreyan Judo vs Martial arts masters of DC and Marvel

Digi
question then third doctor swordskills and Gallifreyan Judo vs Martial arts masters of DC and Marvel

I'm not sure that's a rabbit hole you want to go down. Enjoy, though. I don't watch for the purposes of comparing power levels.

Bouboumaster
The answer is obviously Reed Richards.

Saving the universe? That's what he calls a "sunday afternoon".

Digi
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The answer is obviously Reed Richards.

Saving the universe? That's what he calls a "sunday afternoon".

aYaQVjF48eY

Tell me Reed can stand in front of a representative of a race that could burn the planet in seconds, and scare them all the **** away without lifting a finger, while picking out a tie to wear.

I'm sorry, we all know what Reed can do. But there's only one answer in this thread.

Brockalizer
aYaQVjF48eY

Tell me Reed can stand in front of a representative of a race that could burn the planet in seconds, and scare them all the **** away without lifting a finger, while picking out a tie to wear.

I'm sorry, we all know what Reed can do. But there's only one answer in this thread. Just outta curiosity what do you think about the new Doctor? I was happy with their choice. Chris Ecleston has been one of my favorite Brit actors for a long time.

Endless Mike
aYaQVjF48eY

I'm sorry, we all know what Reed can do. But there's only one answer in this thread.

Actually he did that once.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TheDreaded/ComicBooks

Reed: It turns out they speak trinary code. So I said to them, 'I am Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four, and I...'
Sue: Go on...
Reed: Actually, that's as far as I got. It was enough to send them running.

Digi
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Just outta curiosity what do you think about the new Doctor? I was happy with their choice. Chris Ecleston has been one of my favorite Brit actors for a long time.

Eccelston was the 9th. You mean Peter Capaldi?

I'm sure he'll be fine. I tend not to overreact to such announcements in either direction.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Actually he did that once.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TheDreaded/ComicBooks

Reed: It turns out they speak trinary code. So I said to them, 'I am Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four, and I...'
Sue: Go on...
Reed: Actually, that's as far as I got. It was enough to send them running.

Lol, nice. I actually expected a Richards fan to counter with something like this. He's appeared in too many comics not to have done something similar. But mostly it was because I wanted to post that video.

But seriously, I do know both characters quite well. Shocking as it may be to comic fans, the Doctor really does have this "fight" locked up.

Ironically, the FF entry there mentions the Doctor as a comparison.

kgkg
The Doctor. Saving the universe is kinda of his thing and he has done it a lot more than Richards.

I don't know why but the Doctor is the luckiest SOB out there. It doesn't matter what the situation is he always finds someway win. I know this is true for many heroes out there but I have never seen at that scale.

Digi
Actually, that video isn't even the best intimidation speech he's ever given, in terms of scope:

5ecycHAZtaM

For reference, to say there were multiple planet-destroying races in the sky above him would be a huge understatement. The Daleks alone are a universal threat at their worst, and they were one of at least half a dozen advanced races looking down from their ships or fleets.

Uriel005
Neil Patrick Harris for 13th Doctor

kgkg
Neil Patrick Harris for 13th Doctor fuk no

Uriel005
Originally posted by kgkg
fuk no Yes

Brockalizer

I'm sure he'll be fine. I tend not to overreact to such announcements in either direction.

You're right obviously, I meant that Eccleston was my favorite so far. I agree that it's still too early to tell how Doctor number twelve will be.

Brockalizer
Neil Patrick Harris for 13th Doctor I'll pass on NPH, but Ideas Elba would be an interesting choice.

Alias Stone
Ooh I live Idris Elba

I think he should play ALL the roles

Endless Mike

Lol, nice. I actually expected a Richards fan to counter with something like this. He's appeared in too many comics not to have done something similar. But mostly it was because I wanted to post that video.

But seriously, I do know both characters quite well. Shocking as it may be to comic fans, the Doctor really does have this "fight" locked up.

Ironically, the FF entry there mentions the Doctor as a comparison.

FF references DW too:

http://i.imgur.com/6ZS5hRK.jpg

Warlord
the doc

Bouboumaster
I still take side with Richards.
A dude who got a Universal Entropy Gun in his closet, the ability to call his pal Galactus (a universal threat he already beaten!) and who has a son basically as powerful as Galactus under his hand can only win.

LeonBuco666
The doctor is the most feared man in the universe, literally, hes not even a man, 900-1200 years of experience, modifying the lematt gun or what ever it was called to simply time lock two entire races in a war for infinity, hell, he knows every hall, door, stain, step just everything that the tardis holds inside, and it was stated recently that a tardis inside is the size of an entire universe or galaxy IIRC, amd when it begins to die, it grows to that size, also, if the worst come to worst, which i doubt it would the doctor would just wise crack and then remove the threat from existence while reciting a poem about tea, and tucking his shirt in, he could just destroy everyone and everything by destroying the tardis, also, just start whooping people with that little stick of multiversal celery, or what ever.

LeonBuco666
About the tardis aswell that is relavant simply to the doctors memory span, which in contrast to his intelligence is a midget-dwarf little guy

Digi
I still take side with Richards.
A dude who got a Universal Entropy Gun in his closet, the ability to call his pal Galactus (a universal threat he already beaten!) and who has a son basically as powerful as Galactus under his hand can only win.

I doubt Franklin would be admissible in a forum fight between Reed and the Doctor. Does the Doctor have access to the Time Lords?

The other two aren't anything particularly frightening on the Doctor's scale. Certainly, he couldn't roll Galactus instantly, but he's countered multiverse busters, universe busters, etc. on numerous occasions. Usually with less prep or tech help than Reed.

Bouboumaster
Reed would use his gigantic brain to depower the shit out of the Doctor.

Digi
Reed would use his gigantic brain to depower the shit out of the Doctor.

Yeah. Ok.

Brockalizer
Reed would use his gigantic brain to depower the shit out of the Doctor. The Doctor has forgotten more about saving the universe than Reed would ever know.

Alias Stone
He's defeated one sun and faced another how many subs has Reed faced

Digi
They've both faced planet busters, universal entities, abstracts, multiveral threats, etc. multiple times. That's not the issue. A feat for feat comparison would likely favor the Doctor in total numbers, but it would be roughly equivalent in terms of scope.

It's how the Doctor does what he does that separates him.

I have a game I play with sci-fi movies, TV, and comics. I think of how easily the Doctor would deal with the threat. Most major threats that pull together entire teams of heralds and prep gods, Reed among them, the Doctor would be done with in the course of a single 40-minute episode. Reed's stupidly good with prep. But the Doctor is magic with this stuff.

Uriel005
They've both faced planet busters, universal entities, abstracts, multiveral threats, etc. multiple times. That's not the issue. A feat for feat comparison would likely favor the Doctor in total numbers, but it would be roughly equivalent in terms of scope.

It's how the Doctor does what he does that separates him.

I have a game I play with sci-fi movies, TV, and comics. I think of how easily the Doctor would deal with the threat. Most major threats that pull together entire teams of heralds and prep gods, Reed among them, the Doctor would be done with in the course of a single 40-minute episode. Reed's stupidly good with prep. But the Doctor is magic with this stuff. prep... what prep 12 minutes and a screwdriver... shit no screwdriver no tardis... time to save the world

janus77
Originally posted by Brockalizer
The universe is facing it's newest threat and only __________ can stop it. Who has the best chance of stopping a universal level threat?

Reed Richards
vs
Adam Warlock
vs
The Doctor
The Blob!

TheGodKiller
Bouboumaster, don't listen to Digi. He's an evil, scheming and lying Doctor Who fanboy who has polluted this thread with his false propaganda. thumb up

Digi
It's just amusing, because we all know comics here. Everyone commenting on this thread knows what Reed can do. But anyone who watches DW is like "The Doctor, no contest." The only Reed backers will be those with only a cursory knowledge of the show, who can't fathom a walking plot device as powerful as Reed.

Endless Mike
It's just amusing, because we all know comics here. Everyone commenting on this thread knows what Reed can do. But anyone who watches DW is like "The Doctor, no contest." The only Reed backers will be those with only a cursory knowledge of the show, who can't fathom a walking plot device as powerful as Reed.

You forgot about me. I've seen every episode of the 9th through 11th Doctors and every episode of the 4th Doctor and several dozen episodes from the other Doctors, as well as Torchwood SJA and several of the novels and comics.

Mindset
Ugh, I can't stand the 11th Dr.

At least there's Rory.

Digi
Originally posted by Mindset

At least there's Rory.

This is the wrongest opinion I've ever seen.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
You forgot about me. I've seen every episode of the 9th through 11th Doctors and every episode of the 4th Doctor and several dozen episodes from the other Doctors, as well as Torchwood SJA and several of the novels and comics.

Ok. And are you backing Reed in this thread?

Tony Stark
Reed Richards

Mindset
This is the wrongest opinion I've ever seen.

Ok. And are you backing Reed in this thread? Liking Matt Smith is the equivalent to liking herpes.

Digi
Liking Matt Smith is the equivalent to liking herpes.

Well, ok. You're getting rid of him soon though. Hope you like Capaldi better.

JayDaDon
I've never seen a single episode of Dr. who. It's been shocking to find out that he operates on this level.

Uriel005
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lovd2ozgDc1qc7tpto1_400.jpg

Mindset
My favorite Dr.

9th was good too, he should have stayed longer.

Uriel005
My favorite Dr.

9th was good too, he should have stayed longer. Favorite was probably the 4th in terms of personality and some of the best stories took place under him. Check it out if you haven't seen classic who. 6th was a dick chessmaster manipulating everyone on the board.

Mindset
I don't watch shows that came out before the 90's.

You nerd!

Uriel005
I don't watch shows that came out before the 90's.

You nerd!

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/026/d/8/Son__I_am_Disappoint_by_SonIAmDisappointPLZ.jpg

Endless Mike

Ok. And are you backing Reed in this thread?

I cannot honestly say because the scenario is too vague. What is the threat? How much does the hero in question know about it? What resources do they start with? How much time do they have? All need to be determined.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Doctor.
Still wins.

Brockalizer

At least there's Rory. The 11th was okay, the 9th is still my favorite, but Amy on the other hand, I'd f**k her harder than Vince f**ked Brett.

Digi
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I've never seen a single episode of Dr. who. It's been shocking to find out that he operates on this level.

thumb up

jRSFwMqKIu8

Brockalizer
thumb up

jRSFwMqKIu8 He should've torn open his shirt Clark Kent style, revealing a bright flashy "DW" logo and said "you stupid bastard, I'm the Doctor". That would've been epic. BTW, I had missed the episode from one of you're previous scans, the one where the Doctor intimidates the giant eyeball, but fortunately I was able to watch the re-run on BBC America last night. Badass to the Nth degree.

Bouboumaster
So, everyone agree that Reed wins?
Good.

Uriel005
So, everyone agree that Reed wins?
Good. think you've got it backwards mate

Hyperion Prime
I love Reed, but the good DR wins this more often than not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.