Why the Starkiller Clone is the Vs. Numero Uno: Raw Power Vs Force Talents

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos
This is a quick statement on the difference of talents a Force user might possess as opposed to raw power; which is a very easy thing to uncover.

We all know Anakin possessed the greatest natural-born amount of Force energy, followed by Yoda.

Sidious was cunning and a surprisingly gifted sorcerer. Very skilled in lightsaber dueling, and good with Force Lightning and Force speed.

Yoda was very farseeing and augmenting his own physical capabilities. Therefore, he had very good prescience and could use Battle Meditation to strengthen all his allies in a battle. Also very gifted in Force push.

Plagueis was a scientist and could apply is empirical studies to Sith alchemy very well.

Vitiate could dominate minds and was a very gifted sorcerer.

The Hero of Tythoon was very good at resisting Mind Domination.

Darth Nihilus was very gifted at absorbing Force energies and severing another Force sensitive's ability to connect to the Force because he was wound that utilized the Dark Side.

Meetra was very good at resisting being severed from the Force because she was a wound that utilized the Light Side.

Naga Sadow, great sorcerer and could manipulate solar energy very well.

Obi-wan was very talented at using terrain to his advantage and was very patient and very good at hanging in there for a very long time.

Luke was very good at learning new techniques.

Anakin was very gifted in telekinesis.

Count Dooku was a great duelist.

Darth Maul was a great martial artist.

Mace Windu was very good at killing, because he could find a weakness in all of his opponents, even the weak-point of an entire army of Droids, he could take down almost anyone it was his "shatterpoint charism".

But perhaps the best of all of these, and this was the character's design: was Galen Marek. He was stated by one of the game designers as one who could 'take the Force to the maximum'; was a lot like Luke in his ability to learn quickly but this was specified specifically to combat-based techniques. He was able to utilize all his learned techniques in combat more efficiently than anyone else in the mythos. Not only that, but he was very devastating at telekinetic lightsaber combat and all his abilities were amplified when he used Force rage.

In fact, the best of all of these would be Maul Killer, he had Galen Marek's ability to use the Force in combat and Maul's martial discipline.

nacQwMr291I

Dolos
Starkiller would probably lose to the Gods. Father, Son, Daughter, and Mother/Abeloth. But I see him maybe beating even Luke Skywalker, but that's debatable.

I'd say as far as combat goes it would be like NJO&FOTJ Luke Skywalker>/=Starkiller Clone>Mace Windu. Marek was stated to be a rival to Luke in Force power by the actor voicing his character who claimed that "Marek is Luke trained by Vader"; also, Sidious claimed that Marek could have been not only his rival, but his successor in the rule of two. So not only was Starkiller a rival in raw Force energy to Sidious, but his ability in combat already allowed him to beat Sidious; and that his cunning might not be enough to stop Starkiller from becoming the next Dark Lord just due to his destructive capacity in combat: which I believe his came close to in Force Unleashed II - due to the behavioral modifications and the fact that he had an extra lightsaber to wield, B).

IYB_pv4KqyU&start=40&end=172

Stigma
Starkiller lost to Sidious, he is not above Luke.

Dolos
Originally posted by Stigma
Starkiller lost to Sidious, he is not above Luke.

He did not fairly lose to Sidious, he knocked an unarmed Sidious (who was attacking him with Force lightning) down pretty effortlessly, a Sidious who probably wouldn't much better with his lightsaber, and then was destroyed later on when he didn't use his lightsaber. He refused to kill Sidious, he did bring Sidious' lightning back down on him, and when the lightning combusted, it ignited a part of the Death Star and caused an explosion that killed Marek.

He wasn't as powerful as a lot of Jedi, but he could beat most of them regardless with probably the exception of NJO/FOTJ Luke. If Episode VII makes NJO and FOTJ non-canon, the Starkiller Clone could beat anyone in the mythos, other than the family on Mortis, of course.

Intrepid37
Lol.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Dolos
He did not fairly lose to Sidious Actually he did. It's canonical fact that Starkiller was "ultimately no match for the Emperor". Perhaps he would have been, in time (the N-canon ending has the Emperor musing about him becoming his "equal" at least), but as he died, Marek was inferior to Palpatine.

Dolos
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Actually he did. It's canonical fact that Starkiller was "ultimately no match for the Emperor". Perhaps he would have been, in time (the N-canon ending has the Emperor musing about him becoming his "equal" at least), but as he died, Marek was inferior to Palpatine.

IIRC in the actual Novel Marek beat he Emperor fair and square, with Palps using his lightsaber and all. Then in the Force battle, mind you Marek refused to kill the Emperor or use his weapon, he lost fair and square when the Emperor's lightning combusted, in the novel it was actually that burst of lightning that killed Marek, not an explosion from within the Death Star. And the Emperor shielded himself and came out unscathed. Not a match for the Emperor in terms of archaic offensive Force techniques, however he would better the Emperor in fair combat pretty easily. Another issue was that Marek was not using Dark Side techniques this whole time, that is another factor that would have made him even more dangerous - and in TFU II he called more heavily on offensive, dark side oriented, powers and thoroughly wrecked anything in his path up until his battle with Vader and his clones. The Starkiller Clone beat Vader despite the continued assault from the other Marek clones, before using a variant of Force heal to restore Eclipse. Suffice it to say he could probably heal himself too at that point, with a light side technique mind you, as Revan did against Vitiate.

pencilcrayon
The Emperor tanked a Dark Side Burst, unscathed, from a Force user strong enough to guide an Imperial Star Destroyer. Marek would never win against the Emperor unless Palpatine let him win.

Mizukage Yoda
http://i.imgur.com/hukoWnJ.png

Dolos
I reread the last part of TFU, and apparently he never really fought the Emperor. I'd concede to the point of Starkiller Clone at about ROTS Anakin's level, actually.

But I hold that his potential in raw power was equal Plagueis, Palpatine, and Luke Skywalker - but his ability to synchronize all his learned Force and lightsaber abilities would put his full potential a notch above FOTJ Luke Skywalker. Plagueis could disintegrate with Force wave, so Starkiller being around his level of sensitivity could eventually emulate that destructive capacity with Force repulse, Luke had crazy Force speed, Marek used Force speed often in combat to gain an advantageous position so it's safe to assume he'd be that quick. Marek had a knack for Force lightning more so than the Emperor in that he killed supped up Rancors with it far earlier in his training, and I could see him eventually being able to disintegrate opponents with it as well, which would make his lightning unparalleled. When you put everything together you still get the same result as the title implies, and you get a Starkiller that can do what he did in the TFU II cinematics (aforementioned disintegration destructive capacity).

Though, as a Jedi Master and embodiment of the Force Anakin would crush even Starkiller at his potential, along with Abeloth and the Ones on Mortis.

Any disagreements about his potential?

NTJack0
Starkiller beating Palpatine fair and square.

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/RRnhhqW.gif

Dolos
If I read something in the novel, I have to accept it. It just happened that I forgot what I read, this is why I can concede upon rereading it and no harm is done.

The Merchant
What....?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.