Magneto vs Wonder Woman and Superman: Mutant power vs Strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
This is a test rather than a fight.

Wonder Woman Scenario: Magneto has used his powers to fuse Wonder Woman's bracelets together into one piece. Is she strong enough to break free?

1. Hands in front.
2. Hands behind her back.

Superman Scenario: Superman is holding a 2 inch thick steel plate, the size of a manhole covering in his hands. He has 5 seconds to rip it in half while Magneto uses his powers to hold it together. Who wins?

1. Standard Magneto.
2. Magneto, amped by Fabian Cortez.

Jynocidus
Wonder Woman loses unless Mags is distracted

Superman can break it.

TheGodKiller
Magneto in both.

pym-ftw
If they use thier speed Diana and Clark could each break free.

Cogito
How exactly is Magneto fusing Diana's bracelets together? Sounds stupid.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Cogito
How exactly is Magneto fusing Diana's bracelets together? Sounds stupid. By manipulating the metal and combining them at the atomic level. Not really much different than when he ripped the adamantium from Wolverine's body and left one puddle of adamantium rather than 206 individual puddles.

Zack Fair
How much force can magneto apply?

Cogito
Originally posted by Brockalizer
By manipulating the metal and combining them at the atomic level. Not really much different than when he ripped the adamantium from Wolverine's body and left one puddle of adamantium rather than 206 individual puddles.

You realize those bracelets were made from Zeus' Aegis, and atomic manipulation/transmutation won't work, right?

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Cogito
You realize those bracelets were made from Zeus' Aegis, and atomic manipulation/transmutation won't work, right? A.) This is just a hypothetical debate. And B.) Anything can happen in the comic book world. You're thinking too hard and forgetting that this is basically a "what if", not something that is gospel fact.

Q99
Diana's bracers have never been broken or damaged by *anything* in the Crisis-to-Flashpoint era.

It's like... asking Mags to reshape Captain's shield, only harder. Di wouldn't even have to do anything, she can put them side-by-side and let Magneto do his thing and they'd be find.

Anyway, if we replace them with her pre-crisis bracers (which were much more mutable). I'd say WW can keep her arms apart in any case, but it'll be a tough tug of war and it'll be hard to do much else.

Bentley
Superman pushes the steel so hard that Magneto has a seizure.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Q99
Diana's bracers have never been broken or damaged by *anything* in the Crisis-to-Flashpoint era.

It's like... asking Mags to reshape Captain's shield, only harder. Di wouldn't even have to do anything, she can put them side-by-side and let Magneto do his thing and they'd be find.

Anyway, if we replace them with her pre-crisis bracers (which were much more mutable). I'd say WW can keep her arms apart in any case, but it'll be a tough tug of war and it'll be hard to do much else. You're missing the point. I'm not asking IF it can be done, or IF she's strong enough to prevent it. There are a multitude of scenarios posted here in the forum that have never happened in a comic, Gladiator vs Doomsday attached together with an adamantium cable, Juggernaut in a shoving contest, or Wonder Woman with Mjolnir for example, even though those scenarios could never happen we assume that it has happened for the sake of argument. Like the overwhelming majority of threads posted this is strictly hypothetical.

-Pr-
You're missing the point. I'm not asking IF it can be done, or IF she's strong enough to prevent it. There are a multitude of scenarios posted here in the forum that have never happened in a comic, Gladiator vs Doomsday attached together with an adamantium cable, Juggernaut in a shoving contest, or Wonder Woman with Mjolnir for example, even though those scenarios could never happen we assume that it has happened for the sake of argument. Like the overwhelming majority of threads posted this is strictly hypothetical.

Not to be obtuse, but those aren't really the same thing. You're modifying something (the bracelets) and then asking us to act like they're still the exact same piece of equipment, which isn't really practical.

Q99
Ok, well, if they were *somehow* physically fused... which Magneto totally couldn't do, but let's say The Presence temporarily turned off their defense, then turned it back on, then no, she couldn't get free. No-one could. We actually don't know what level of firepower would be needed to separate them but it's far above Herald level.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Q99
Ok, well, if they were *somehow* physically fused... which Magneto totally couldn't do, but let's say The Presence temporarily turned off their defense, then turned it back on, then no, she couldn't get free. No-one could. We actually don't know what level of firepower would be needed to separate them but it's far above Herald level. See, was that so hard?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q99
Ok, well, if they were *somehow* physically fused... which Magneto totally couldn't do, but let's say The Presence temporarily turned off their defense, then turned it back on, then no, she couldn't get free. No-one could. We actually don't know what level of firepower would be needed to separate them but it's far above Herald level. Calm down Q, lol.

Q99
See, was that so hard?

I will admit I misread it originally as "can Diana prevent Magneto from fusing her bracers?" instead of "Her bracers are already fused, and Magneto's power doesn't have much to do with what happens next."

Bentley
thumb up

KingD19
Dr. Polaris already kept her from breaking free of his grasp when locking her bracers together I believe.

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
Dr. Polaris already kept her from breaking free of his grasp when locking her bracers together I believe.

He had them apart, and was also using his powers to shock her at the same time. it wasn't for too long, either.

Brockalizer
Most people seem to be focused on the first scenario of the thread, but what about the second scenario?

Q99
Hm, even if Superman rips it, won't Magneto just make it flow back together?

abhilegend
Superman would rip it apart.

Q99
Hm, I suppose the smart thing to do is to rip it, then put his hand in between so it can't be reunited.

JBL
Mags in both.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.