Magneto's gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
Magneto, at his best, runs the following gauntlet:

1. IM (current Avengers/Builders IM)
2. Ms Marvel
3. Ronan
4. Nova
5. Quasar
6. BRB
7. Stardust
8. Thor

After each fight, he is fully healed and rested.

Battlezone is from the Earth to the moon.

Jynocidus
magneto clears for the minority

pym-ftw
Ronan kills the mutie.

Bouboumaster
Most likely stop at Ronan.

If, by some miracle, he passes both Ronan and Nova, he stop dead in his boots against Quasar. Quasar and above kills his ass 10/10

tkitna
Yeah, could stop at 3. Nova is a possibility, but doubtful. Anyone beyond that destroys him.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Most likely stop at Ronan.

If, by some miracle, he passes both Ronan and Nova, he stop dead in his boots against Quasar. Quasar and above kills his ass 10/10 Agreed Marvel might even take a lucky win off him if he gets too cocky.

carver9
Lol...Ronan isn't beating Magneto. By the way, he clears this.

Inhuman
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...Ronan isn't beating Magneto. By the way, he clears this.

UWOTM8

iceman24567
carver dont be insane

Warlord
lol at clearing this.
If somehow he takes control of Ronan's weapon, Nova beats him onto a pulp

carver9
Lol @ him not being able to clear this.

Warlord
lots of lols indeed

Kazenji
So Mags gets beaten in that fight with Iron Man from AvX verses and yet he does fine here..... erm

carver9
Magneto was weakened in that fight and Ironman prepped for Magneto.

Warlord
Let's suppose he bypasses Ronan's niversal weapon. How te hell he beats Nova if he operates at his Annihilation levels?
Don't get me started with Quasar

carver9
This is Magneto at his best. The Magneto that has taken on the entire Avengers roster and held his own on many of occasions. The same Xmen busting Magneto. The same Magneto that fought Phoenix to a stalemate. I'm not going to sit here and name all of his fts because I'm sure you are aware of them sinceyou are debating against the character. At best, Magneto is a team buster. Hell, the guy defeated Hulk, Namor, Classic Doctor Strange etc with the wave of his hand. Hell, the Avengers roster that he took on even had Thor on it. He controlled Mjlonir and you all think the Universal weapon would stop him? Yeah right.

Warlord
ok. serious question.

let's asume we have Magneto at his best.
Now every other characcter is at their best also.
Do you think he beats them all for the majority if not, where does he looses this majority?

Mshinu
Carv actually got a point here, Mags at his best is a beast. I figure he can take most of the gauntlet but Quasar and Thor would likely beat him most likely by absorption.

As a Magneto fanboy and member of the House of M I might be biased however smile

carver9
Originally posted by Warlord
ok. serious question.

let's asume we have Magneto at his best.
Now every other characcter is at their best also.
Do you think he beats them all for the majority if not, where does he looses this majority?

It doesn't say they are at their best, so it doesn't matter. Magneto is a team buster and not just a regular team buster either, he has defeated team/done well against teams with high Heralds in the roster. Again, I feel like you are aware of his fts since you are debating against him?

Warlord
I am well aware.
As I am aware that everyone in this gauntlet have fought and beat people like Mags and even more.
Now if we are going to suppose that Magneto is at his best for this fight while everybody else just on an average day he gets to 5

carver9
He clears but glad to see your opinion though

Warlord
why can't Quasar drain him?

janus77
Yep, if clarification is necessary, Carver is right. This is Magneto at his best, up against averages for the other characters (unless I state a specific arc, in which case it is their "average" during that arc).

My own feeling is that he would struggle to get past Nova, even at his best.

Any herald should be able to exhaust him and, with the battlezone I stated, I figure Nova (or even Quasar and most certainly BRB) would take him off planet and force him to deploy his energies to keep his shields up.

Magneto has great power, but he has huge - un-herald like - vulnerabilities.

I wouldn't give IM prep (could be argued it would end the gauntlet at #1), but it seems I might have over-estimated IM's formidability ...

carver9
why can't Quasar drain him?

Why can't Magneto open a Black hole in his skull or rip the iron from his body?

Warlord
Why can't Magneto open a Black hole in his skull or rip the iron from his body?

1. bcause he's never opened a black hall into anyone before
2. because the quantum band will protect him

now, you go

Mshinu
Originally posted by janus77
Yep, if clarification is necessary, Carver is right. This is Magneto at his best, up against averages for the other characters (unless I state a specific arc, in which case it is their "average" during that arc).

My own feeling is that he would struggle to get past Nova, even at his best.

Any herald should be able to exhaust him and, with the battlezone I stated, I figure Nova (or even Quasar and most certainly BRB) would take him off planet and force him to deploy his energies to keep his shields up.

Magneto has great power, but he has huge - un-herald like - vulnerabilities.

I wouldn't give IM prep (could be argued it would end the gauntlet at #1), but it seems I might have over-estimated IM's formidability ...

Why should "any herald" be able to exhaust Magneto at his best? He can drain power from distant stars and being in space won`t as much as dent his reserves. There are few high heralds if any who got better shields and better ability to multitask. Also what are his "un-herald like vulnerabilities"?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mshinu
Why should "any herald" be able to exhaust Magneto at his best? He can drain power from distant stars and being in space won`t as much as dent his reserves. There are few high heralds if any who got better shields and better ability to multitask. Also what are his "un-herald like vulnerabilities"?

His need to go to the toilet 5 times a night. Guy's old, you know?

Stops at Quasar.

Mshinu
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
His need to go to the toilet 5 times a night. Guy's old, you know?

Until see a scan of Mags on the can that runor remains unproven mad

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mshinu
Until see a scan of Mags on the can that runor remains unproven mad

I admit, I have no such scan.

The conclusion is that Magneto does not need the toilet. At all.

I must hang my head in shame, for daring to even suggest it.

Warlord
he'd find it hard to beat nova even in his A game

Mshinu
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I admit, I have no such scan.

The conclusion is that Magneto does not need the toilet. At all.

I must hang my head in shame, for daring to even suggest it.

Indeed. The only comic characters proven to need the toilet are Hulk and Wonder Woman.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PeAdaucuPVE/TzJjBuId2rI/AAAAAAAAHrQ/pjPDIraXmHI/s640/enhanced-buzz-13281-1328133343-4.jpg

http://costumefail.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/wonder-woman-costume-on-toilet-02.jpg

Cogito
Why can't Magneto open a Black hole in his skull...?

carver9
he'd find it hard to beat nova even in his A game

Lol.

-Pr-
Magneto isn't clearing it if we're using his average portrayals.

He'd get far though, I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.