Which one is more durable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Captain America Shield.
Diana Bracers (pre reboot version).
Thor hammer.

If possible, rank them.

KingD19
Both the shield and Mjolnir have been broken whereas the Bracers have not(to my knowledge)

Jynocidus
molecule man would prolly say caps shield

DarkSaint85
Bracers
Shield
Hammer

KingD19
Agreed.

Seeing as how Uru was easily scooped out of a mountain by Thor after Mjolnir broke, it's a mix of the material and the enchantment that makes it so strong.

Silver_Lantern
1st= Diana's bracelet n was handed over to her by zeus after zeus strenghten it with is lightening] 2nd=Thor's hammer was made by the dwarfs of uru n can survive heat up to 5 times the sun without a scratch 3rd captain america's shield is made of vibranium which is the toughest metal on earth

DarkSaint85
Problem is that the shield is often used for the Worf effect.

And no, its not just made of vibranium. Used to have iron and adamantium in it, now it also has uru.

Inhuman
Hulk Pants

9jaboy
Originally posted by Inhuman
Hulk Pants

Bouboumaster
I'd say that the bracers are the more durable.

After that, i'd say the shield, and finally, the Uru hammer.

If my memories are ok, Uru hammer = 1st grade adamantium as far as durability goes, but I'm not sure.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Inhuman
Hulk Pants Robin's b-hole.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

And no, its not just made of vibranium. Used to have iron and adamantium in it, now it also has uru.

"Experimental iron alloy" OR adamantium depending on the writer. Vibranium part under every writer.

It has uru mixed in now, too... (edit: you already posted it, sry)

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Captain America Shield.
Diana Bracers (pre reboot version).
Thor hammer.

If possible, rank them.
Nowadays

Bracers
Thor's hammer
CA Shield

But before the last ten years it was
Bracers
CA Shield
Thor's hammer

Cap's shield has lost stock these recent years.

pym-ftw
You mean because Serpent broke it?

DarkSaint85

h1a8
Originally posted by pym-ftw
You mean because Serpent broke it? yes and other instances of it getting broken as well.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
yes and other instances of it getting broken as well.

What other instances.?

Odekahn
Bracers
Shield
Hammer

thumb up

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by carver9
What other instances.?

It was broken in the Age of Ultron.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
It was broken in the Age of Ultron. No helping please.

-Pr-
Bracers, Shield, Hammer.

Branlor Swift
Not saying I disagree with the Bracers being the most durable, but...

The hammer can pretty much match any durability feat it has. Same with Cap's shield.

It just goes up against some other worldly shit and gets smashed.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

The hammer can pretty much match any durability feat it has. Same with Cap's shield.

I honestly have no problem saying one is more durable than the others, was just giving my personal preference. Any actual gap between them is going to be incredibly small...

Damn, I wanted to insert a joke about Diana's virginity in there somehow, but It just won't fit.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-

Damn, I wanted to insert a joke about Diana's virginity in there somehow, but It just won't fit.

That's what she said.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly have no problem saying one is more durable than the others, was just giving my personal preference. Any actual gap between them is going to be incredibly small...

Damn, I wanted to insert a joke about Diana's virginity in there somehow, but It just won't fit. You son of a gun you

-Pr-
vin

celeyhyga17
Bracers
Shield
Hammer

Hulk pants > all 3

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

True.

abhilegend
Mjolnir has been destroyed what, a dozen times already?

quanchi112
Shield, hammer, bracers.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Mjolnir has been destroyed what, a dozen times already?
Maybe about as many times Thor has died. Which is too many.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Maybe about as many times Thor has died. Which is too many.
Actually, how many times has Thor died? I know destroyer killed him, he died in Ragnarok and in fear itself. Any other times?

Damborgson
The hammer has withstood some ridiculous crap. It actually tanked the eyebeams that cut through the shield.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Damborgson
The hammer has withstood some ridiculous crap. It actually tanked the eyebeams that cut through the shield.

Yeah, the hammer has been broken more times, but I don't think it will ever fail against something in direct comparison to the Shield. Or enchanted metal like the Bracers.

abhilegend
When? Don't tell me in Reigning. How did it fare against Perikkus BTW?

vin

Damborgson
When? Don't tell me in Reigning. How did it fare against Perikkus BTW?

vin

Right before Thor ripped New York apart. So prelude to reigning I guess.

As good as the shield and bracers would've held up.

vin

abhilegend
Right before Thor ripped New York apart. So prelude to reigning I guess.

As good as the shield and bracers would've held up.
Scans please. I don't remember that part where mjolnir withstood his eyebeams.

Also even Cassie's inferior bracers withstood Persuader's axe.

vin

Damborgson
Scans please. I don't remember that part where mjolnir withstood his eyebeams.

Also even Cassie's inferior bracers withstood Persuader's axe.

vin

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/King%20Thor/KillsJake5.jpg

Yipee lol. Logans hair resisted the eyebeams better than the shield did. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/haw-som.gif

Stoic
Bracers
Shield
Hammer

I agree but.. BUT the respective universes are different. DC has its rules and laws, and so does Marvel. On the grounds of track record you're correct, but the bracers may have been destroyed by the same forces that have broken Mjolnir, and America's shield. I certainly believe that if Thanos grabbed Diana by the wrist and attempted to rip them off like he assaulted America's shield that they too would have been scrapped.

Now there could be an argument placed upon the hammer being more durable than the shield because they both had a collision and the hammer won when in the hands of King Thor. Could it be that due to the Odin Force that he possessed that the hammer could actually become more durable?

In this one case I would say that the list should go like this.

1. Bracer's
2. America's Shield
3. Mjolnir (wielded by Normal Thor)

OR

1. Bracer's
2. Mjolnir (wielded by Odin Force Thor)
3. America's Shield

OR

1. Mjolnir (wielded by RK Thor)
2. Bracers
3. America's Shield

This is if my theory is correct and the hammer actually becomes more powerful, and more durable depending on the level on the magical Asgardian/Odin Force or better character that possesses it.

abhilegend
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/King%20Thor/KillsJake5.jpg

Yipee lol. Logans hair resisted the eyebeams better than the shield did. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/haw-som.gif

That's the point where the timeline diverged, its no longer 616 mjolnir.

You doubt Lord Wolverine and his indestructible hair? Srank is coming for you.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Yup. In comparison, both Adamantium and Captain America's shield faltered.

Damborgson
That's the point where the timeline diverged, its no longer 616 mjolnir.

You doubt Lord Wolverine and his indestructible hair? Srank is coming for you.

That doesn't change anything though. The entire run was using 616 characters, weapons, etc. Even when King Thor went back and assured that he didn't bring the Earth to its knees, he just went on living after that. He used the same Mjolnir, cap used the same shield, and Wolverine had the same hair. In other words, the shield that was broken, was caps 616 shield while the Mjolnir that was not, was also 616 Mjolnir. The events would've played out exactly the same had Thor not intervened.

abhilegend
That doesn't change anything though. The entire run was using 616 characters, weapons, etc. Even when King Thor went back and assured that he didn't bring the Earth to its knees, he just went on living after that. He used the same Mjolnir, cap used the same shield, and Wolverine had the same hair. In other words, the shield that was broken, was caps 616 shield while the Mjolnir that was not, was also 616 Mjolnir. The events would've played out exactly the same had Thor not intervened.
Then you don't know how marvel cosmology works. An alternate timeline automatically changes the characters. What-ifs are also just an example of that, they are 616 characters untill one point where they diverge. Gambit destroyed both mjolnir and shield in such a what-if, do you think he can do it to 616 mjolnir and shield too?

Damborgson
Then you don't know how marvel cosmology works. An alternate timeline automatically changes the characters. What-ifs are also just an example of that, they are 616 characters untill one point where they diverge. Gambit destroyed both mjolnir and shield in such a what-if, do you think he can do it to 616 mjolnir and shield too?

That's an arbitrary assumption. What-ifs are designed to be non-canon, non applicable stories. Some of them are exact copies of the 616 universe, some have completely different.

The point being, the divergence only stopped 616 characters from doing what they were already capable of doing. Meaning Thor can still shoot through the shield with the eyebeams, and Mjolnir can still resist them.

Scans of the gambit incident out of curiosity, but I don't see how that's relevant.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup. In comparison, both Adamantium and Captain America's shield faltered.

http://www.nexusofnerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/thor_out.jpg

abhilegend
That's an arbitrary assumption. What-ifs are designed to be non-canon, non applicable stories. Some of them are exact copies of the 616 universe, some have completely different.

The point being, the divergence only stopped 616 characters from doing what they were already capable of doing. Meaning Thor can still shoot through the shield with the eyebeams, and Mjolnir can still resist them.

Scans of the gambit incident out of curiosity, but I don't see how that's relevant.
They are all just alternate universes diverged from 616 just like alternate timelines like Reigning. Heck Quasar once journeyed to every what-if issue published by jumping to alternate universes.

Of course not, Reigning is a different universe altogether now just like Age of Apocalypse which was created from 616 characters too.

I don't have scans of it. I just saw it in the ownage thread a long time ago and you know how hard it is to search in that big thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, so in the 2 minutes before Jake Olsen died (And King Thor intervened), Mjolnir magically became more durable. Has to be what happened. Instead of the writer, you know, considering it to be that tough. The same writer who mind you, had Mjolnir dent Captain America's shield.

That desperation man, that desperation. Mind you, Damborg, this is the same individual who has used Kismet's vision of a potential future as evidence.

The Reigning story line was the canon future for Thor and the only changes that occurred were seen by us, it's not even remotely comparable to a What If. The King Thor from the recent Gorr arc might even be the same Thor from the Reigning.

It should be noted, in Fear Itself, it was stated that inserting Uru into Captain America's shield actually made it more tougher then ever. The blood axe, Captain America's shield, Wolverine's claws and so on all explicitly failed to withstand King Thor's power, while Mjolnir was not scratched. Not a happy coincidence.

The hammer has definitely been broken more often then the other objects, but looking at it's track record, it's held up ridiculously well.

abhilegend
How many times would you repeat the same lie as me using "Kismet's future as an evidence for superman" rage? Putting me on ignore and then taking potshots at me? Classic.

Also lulz @ being canon future. No future in marvel is canon, they all are from a different universe. Lets see what marvel has to say about it.

http://marvel.com/universe/Thor_(Thor_Odinson)

Damborgson
They are all just alternate universes diverged from 616 just like alternate timelines like Reigning. Heck Quasar once journeyed to every what-if issue published by jumping to alternate universes.

Of course not, Reigning is a different universe altogether now just like Age of Apocalypse which was created from 616 characters too.

I don't have scans of it. I just saw it in the ownage thread a long time ago and you know how hard it is to search in that big thread.

That doesn't change anything though. The way it went down was 616 King Thor enraged, killed Jake Olsen, and went on to rule Earth. Later, that same 616 Thor from his 616 timeline, goes on to prevent it from happening again. But at the end of the day, it still happened in a 616 universe. With 616 items, characters, and events to shape the histories of the characters involved.

It's not like a what if where the characters are still alternate realities that are just variations of the 616.

Ah ok. Yeah, it's a pain to go looking through it. Not the best evidence then without context of any sort lol.

Damborgson
The Reigning story line was the canon future for Thor and the only changes that occurred were seen by us, it's not even remotely comparable to a What If. The King Thor from the recent Gorr arc might even be the same Thor from the Reigning.

That's what I've been going off of. He just happens to be missing the same arm and eye as reigning Thor? I can't confirm, but it'd make the most sense to me and it'd make sense that Aaron was trying to go that direction by bringing back King Thor.

celeyhyga17
Actually, how many times has Thor died? I know destroyer killed him, he died in Ragnarok and in fear itself. Any other times?
The effects of the Necrosword/Godbomb eventually killed Thor. All-Father Thor revived him soon after.

Stoic
Lol, so in the 2 minutes before Jake Olsen died (And King Thor intervened), Mjolnir magically became more durable. Has to be what happened. Instead of the writer, you know, considering it to be that tough. The same writer who mind you, had Mjolnir dent Captain America's shield.

That desperation man, that desperation. Mind you, Damborg, this is the same individual who has used Kismet's vision of a potential future as evidence.

It should be noted, in Fear Itself, it was stated that inserting Uru into Captain America's shield actually made it more tougher then ever. The blood axe, Captain America's shield, Wolverine's claws and so on all explicitly failed to withstand King Thor's power, while Mjolnir was not scratched. Not a happy coincidence.

The hammer has definitely been broken more often then the other objects, but looking at it's track record, it's held up ridiculously well.

So is it or could it be possible that Mjolnir becomes sturdier and/or more durable depending on how powerful the wielder is in terms of the amount of Odin Force that the wielder possesses to a certain extent?

I do recall it being stated that the shield had become stronger due to it being mended with uru, so the shield has to be weaker than the hammer as you just stated. But does this little fact offset the idea that Mjolnir may become sturdier while in the possession of Odin, or an Odin Force Thor?

Galan007
No future in marvel is canon This isn't true.

GotG is one example, of many.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Stoic
So is it or could it be possible that Mjolnir becomes sturdier and/or more durable depending on how powerful the wielder is in terms of the amount of Odin Force that the wielder possesses to a certain extent?

I do recall it being stated that the shield had become stronger due to it being mended with uru, so the shield has to be weaker than the hammer as you just stated. But does this little fact offset the idea that Mjolnir may become sturdier while in the possession of Odin, or an Odin Force Thor?

Possible I guess, he did use Mjolnir to overcome the Destroyer's beam and decapitate it:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/King%20Thor/DefeatsDesak25.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/King%20Thor/DefeatsDesak26.jpg

But in the example Damorg is referring to, it was simply Jake Olsen who used Mjolnir to block King Thor's onslaught:
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/RageOfTheGod/media/Thor/King%20Thor/KillsJake5.jpg.html

Galan007
One-shotting Desak in the Destroyer armor... One of Thor's best feats ever, imho.

Stoic
Possible I guess, he did use Mjolnir to overcome the Destroyer's beam and decapitate it:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/King%20Thor/DefeatsDesak25.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/King%20Thor/DefeatsDesak26.jpg

But in the example Damorg is referring to, it was simply Jake Olsen who used Mjolnir to block King Thor's onslaught:
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/RageOfTheGod/media/Thor/King%20Thor/KillsJake5.jpg.html

So if that were true, as RK Thor the hammer may even be more durable than the bracers. I mean, this is what I'm thinking due to the idea that the Destroyer was meant to be more durable than Mjolnir. If not, the hammer in the scan that you provided should have shattered upon impact instead of damaging the construct.

Take note* That I am just power scaling the might and durability of the hammer, and bypassed King Thor's levels within my theoretical scope by jumping up to Rune King Thor.

abhilegend
That doesn't change anything though. The way it went down was 616 King Thor enraged, killed Jake Olsen, and went on to rule Earth. Later, that same 616 Thor from his 616 timeline, goes on to prevent it from happening again. But at the end of the day, it still happened in a 616 universe. With 616 items, characters, and events to shape the histories of the characters involved.

It's not like a what if where the characters are still alternate realities that are just variations of the 616.

Ah ok. Yeah, it's a pain to go looking through it. Not the best evidence then without context of any sort lol.
Nope. As soon as King Thor changed the past, the whole reality altered and it was reality 3515's mjolnir which was diverged from 616 which got attacked. Those events still happened, only in an alternate universe. Those scans aren't canon to 616 reality anymore than age of apocalypse is canon to 616.Originally posted by celeyhyga17
The effects of the Necrosword/Godbomb eventually killed Thor. All-Father Thor revived him soon after.
Ah, yeah. I forgot about that. He also died from a poison right?Originally posted by Galan007
This isn't true.

GotG is one example, of many.
No. GotG is Earth-691.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_(1969_team)

Reed has confirmed that even going a second in future makes you go into an alternate universe.

Damborgson
Nope. As soon as King Thor changed the past, the whole reality altered and it was reality 3515's mjolnir which was diverged from 616 which got attacked. Those events still happened, only in an alternate universe. Those scans aren't canon to 616 reality anymore than age of apocalypse is canon to 616.

That doesn't really counter anything I said. And seeing as how that's more or less the same argument you've posted, just slightly re-worded, that's concession accepted Abhi-Chan thumb up

abhilegend
That doesn't really counter anything I said. And seeing as how that's more or less the same argument you've posted, just slightly re-worded, that's concession accepted Abhi-Chan thumb up
laughing out loud

Nice quan impression. Though you've done nothing to prove your case here. That mjolnir isn't 616 mjolnir, its a diverged timeline and its feats can't be attributed to 616 mjolnir.

Damborgson
laughing out loud

Nice quan impression. Though you've done nothing to prove your case here. That mjolnir isn't 616 mjolnir, its a diverged timeline and its feats can't be attributed to 616 mjolnir.

He didn't coin it, he just abused it stick out tongue

Whatever you feel like repeating Abhi-Chan thumb up All good.

abhilegend
He didn't coin it, he just abused it stick out tongue

Whatever you feel like repeating Abhi-Chan thumb up All good.
So he did.

Whatever you say, Damborgson112.

ODG
Bracers
Shield
Hammer

Galan007
Nope. As soon as King Thor changed the past, the whole reality altered and it was reality 3515's mjolnir which was diverged from 616 which got attacked. Those events still happened, only in an alternate universe. Those scans aren't canon to 616 reality anymore than age of apocalypse is canon to 616.
Ah, yeah. I forgot about that. He also died from a poison right?
No. GotG is Earth-691.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_(1969_team)

Reed has confirmed that even going a second in future makes you go into an alternate universe. Okay?

You made a blanket statement that "no future in Marvel is canon." GotG is one example(of many) that contradicts your claim, as it is a 100% canonical future timeline. If you were exclusively referencing 616, you should have been more specific. stick out tongue

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
Okay?

You made a blanket statement that "no future in Marvel is canon." GotG is one example(of many) that contradicts your claim, as it is a 100% canonical future timeline. If you were exclusively referencing 616, you should have been more specific. stick out tongue
It was more like no future is canon future of 616 universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.