TCW Maul, RotS Anakin and Dooku vs. DoE Bane, Zannah and Satele Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
By the will of the Force, the two teams are whisked away from different time periods and transported into the Geonosis Arena.
Here, they have to fight to death.

1) Lightsabers
2) Force
3) All-out

Which team is ultimately more powerful?

Intrepid37
lol

Stigma
Originally posted by Intrepid37
lol
What the f**k?

lol because it's so loopsided, or somehow so funny, or...?

Intrepid37
Team 1 wins easily in all rounds. erm

Nephthys
Ha ha ha, no.

Team 2 wins.

Intrepid37
Hahahahahahaha

Nephthys
Its funny because its true. yes

Intrepid37
Everyone on Team 1 is more skilled and more powerful. Especially the saber duel will be easy.

Nephthys
Snort! Bane is more powerful and a better duelist than any of team 1, and Zannah and Satale can equal or beat any of them.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Nephthys
Snort! Bane is more powerful and a better duelist than any of team 1,
laughing out loud

Nephthys
Laughter is God's sunshine.

Intrepid37
I can't reven remember who Bane has beaten of note.

Nephthys
Winning isn't everything. Kas'im hasn't won a duel against anyone except Bane yet he's still one of the greatest swordsman ever because of what we know about his technical skills. In Banes case his strength, speed and skill make him a warrior beyond any of Team 1. Better in the Force as well.

Intrepid37
lol

Nephthys
Is laugh all you can do? Got some bite to back up that bark, b*tch?

Intrepid37
Kas'im isn't one of the greatest duelist ever. His knowledge of dueling, techniques and forms is certainly amongst the best, but if that was so, Vader would be a better duelist than Malgus on the account of being able to combine multiple forms into one.

Bane is not stronger than Anakin, and Maul can match him fairly well in that aspect as well. Bane is at best as fast as Maul which is being generous, and the PT team has better skill feats than him.

pencilcrayon
He chokes out Obi-Wan while simultaneously evading other Jedi and escaping, only releasing Obi-Wan from his telekinetic grip after traveling far from Obi-Wan's location.
Pages 41-48 in Sith Hunters ( TCW Comic )

Intrepid37
Your posts are very random bro.

Dolos
Team 1 has two heavy hitters, team 2 has 3.

This is tough, Bane has a lot of powers and Zannah has some devastating sorcery techniques that can be applied in combat. However, neither of those two have a prayer against a Dooku Anakin combo.

Satele Shan, has shatterpoint, powerful TK, and the rare ability to absorb energy via Tutanamis to render a lightsaber blade somewhat less effective. Maul is definitely the weak link and may get dropped quickly, but I suppose Dooku and Anakin could take out team 3 on their own.

Snort! Bane is more powerful and a better duelist than any of team 1,

What is wrong with you? Bane and Dooku are close in power, as far as energy they command I couldn't say who is stronger, but I know Anakin is stronger in the Force than either at this point. Dooku is the best duelist in the mythos. Anakin actually did use Force wave against Durge so he has enough skill in offensive Force capacity here. Anakin has the capacity to beat Bane or Zannah, perhaps not both, but Maul, despite his somewhat meager power and skill set in comparison to the others, would give Anakin and Dooku the only push they'd need. Zannah had to rely on stealth and sorcery, so Dooku or Anakin could take her out rather easily. The main issue is Satele, Anakin could take her out rather quickly, as could Dooku, I think team 1 has a slight edge here.

Stigma
Originally posted by Dolos
Team 1 has two heavy hitters, team 2 has 3.
I see 3 heavy hitters vs. the other 3

I also think Maul is not a weak link at all.

His TK is impressive: pulling down a ship from a rock, TK'ing Kenobi numerous times.

He's also praised as an extremely skilled duelist: "One of the deadliest Sith Apprentices in history", master of Juyo, thus a master of multiple lightsaber forms, has great speed, knowledge of Teras'Kasi martial arts IIRC.

Maul defeated Bondara (who was said to be unmatched in technical skill with a saber... Kas'im I'm looking at you), defeated Qui Gon, effortlessly defeated Savage, matched Kenobi in sabers).

In close combat I'm not inclined to give Satele a win, unless she has a big edge in the Force.

Dolos
Originally posted by Stigma
I see 3 heavy hitters vs. the other 3

I also think Maul is not a weak link at all.
His TK is impressive (pulling down a ship from a rock, TK'ing Kenobi numerous times).
He's also praised as an extremely potent duelist (master of Juyo, thus a master of multiple lightsaber forms, has great speed, knowledge of Teras'Kasi martial arts IIRC.)
In close combat I am not inclined to give Satele a win, unless she has a big edge in the Force. I guess I agree, it is true that Maul's skills proved highly effective against Kenobi when he lost his cool, though that was not completely fair because Kenobi's Soresu relies heavily on him keeping his cool. However, I think you might be right that Maul shouldn't be overlooked or quickly dismissed.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Dolos
What is wrong with you?

I have opinions. estahuh

Dolos
I have opinions. estahuh *backs off

Stigma
@ Dolos,
I've edited my post a bit, but basically it says what you've quoted.

Stigma

XRKun
Ha ha ha, no.

Team 2 wins.

Lemme guess. You think Bane can solo all 3.

Guess what? He might. But so can Skywalker. In fact, so could Dooku. And Maul is beating Satele and Zannah in sabers.

Anakin has good TK feats as of ROTS.

Dooku has incredible feats (already mentioned choking, TKing Kenobi and jedi similar to Kenobi, greatest master of Makashi, very fast, able to match Yoda, FL able to subdue and kill various things)

Even Maul became a TK animal. You don't just toss a ship to block pirates from attacking you. And you don't just use an extremely powerful push that was strong enough to blast Kenobi through several walls. And his dueling feats are excellent. You don't match Sidious in speed, and he showed no signs of tiring until he was disarmed.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by XRKun

Even Maul became a TK animal. You don't just toss a ship to block pirates from attacking you. And you don't just use an extremely powerful push that was strong enough to blast Kenobi through several walls. And his dueling feats are excellent. You don't match Sidious in speed, and he showed no signs of tiring until he was disarmed.

big grin

I like you.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
big grin

I like you.

lol. I noticed you never voice your opinions of threads involving TOR characters, and very rarely if a PT character is involved in a said TOR thread. Why is that?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lol. I noticed you never voice your opinions of threads involving TOR characters, and very rarely if a PT character is involved in a said TOR thread. Why is that?

Don't know much about them. Not played any of the games.

Unlike people like Kurupt Thanosi I tend to keep quiet if I don't know much about the characters/subjects involved. But instead will read and learn a bit.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Don't know much about them. Not played any of the games.

Unlike people like Kurupt Thanosi I tend to keep quiet if I don't know much about the characters/subjects involved. But instead will read and learn a bit.

Ah ok. Should get into the TOR era though, very interesting era.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Kas'im isn't one of the greatest duelist ever. His knowledge of dueling, techniques and forms is certainly amongst the best, but if that was so, Vader would be a better duelist than Malgus on the account of being able to combine multiple forms into one.

Bane is not stronger than Anakin, and Maul can match him fairly well in that aspect as well. Bane is at best as fast as Maul which is being generous, and the PT team has better skill feats than him.

Uh, he is. You just said his lightsaber skill is indeed among the best ever so yeah. Besides which is the fact that people have argued him to be at or above Obi-Wan's level in lightsaber combat.

Bane is more powerful than Anakin in terms of actualised power. He can use the Force to a greater degree of Mastery than Anakin and thus is more powerful than him in his actual command of the Force. He's got incredibly Force Knowledge from 4 holocrons and accumulated resources and has displayed many advanced techniques and powers. He's powerful enough to brush off Kaan's telepathic assault despite Kaan being advanced enough in that aspect to influence hundreds of Sith. He has extreme mastery of combat techniques with his ability to disintegrate his opponents with his TK and lightning that are above what Anakin has been shown to defend against. In terms of these aspects he eclipses Maul as well. He is also faster than Maul (as well as Anakin and Dooku) despite your assertion. In PoD he moves faster than an entire room of Sith (including Kas'im) can keep up with and then overwhelms Kas'im through sheer power in a lightsaber duel. In RoT he was fast enough to appear to wield a dozen lightsabers from Zannah's perspective and dodge Raskta's BM-enhanced speed while his own was diminished. In PoD he was fast enough to dodge Zannah while unarmed as well as protect himself from every raindrop in a howling storm for 10 minutes.

pencilcrayon
What amount of gravity on that planet when he's flailing his lightsaber around?

Nephthys

pencilcrayon
Everyone on Team 1 has fought Obi-Wan before.

Obi-Wan has deflected fire from an entire army. His speed is the same as he fought Dooku in the movie.

Nephthys
Guess which scene doesn't happen in the movie!

That one!

pencilcrayon
This does. And this is the same speed he uses compared to that scene above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvTa1vxmY3M

A Tri-Fighter Droid can be seen in the background near the beginning of the duel.
Tri-Fighter Droids are at traveling at 50% of the speed of light.
Speed of Light is 299792458 meters/second.
Half the Speed of Light is 149896229 meters/second.
Tri-Fighter Droids are 5.4 meters long.
The video frame is 860x465.

http://i.imgur.com/npZw7R6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vPIGutF.jpg
The size of the Droid is 46 pixels.
The Droid was shifted from 60 to 3 pixels away in a single frame.
Displacement of 57 pixels.
Size of Droid in meters / Size in Pixels = Meters per pixel
Displacement in pixels * meters per pixel of the Droid = Displacement in Meters
Time Frame = Displacement in Meters / ( Half the Speed of Light )

Obi-Wan is 1.82meters tall or 387 pixels tall.
His hand from the top is 59 pixels in the first frame. In the second frame, his hand from the top is 21 pixels.
Obi-Wan's Displacement of 38 pixels.
Height in meters / height in pixels = Meters per pixel
Obi-Wan's Displacement in meters = Displacement in pixels * Meters per pixel
Obi-Wan's Displacement in meters / Time Frame = Speed of Obi-Wan in meters/second

Intrepid37
Most ridiculous post ever. Did you copy that?

Dolos
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
This does. And this is the same speed he uses compared to that scene above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvTa1vxmY3M

A Tri-Fighter Droid can be seen in the background near the beginning of the duel.
Tri-Fighter Droids are at traveling at 50% of the speed of light.
Speed of Light is 299792458 meters/second.
Half the Speed of Light is 149896229 meters/second.
Tri-Fighter Droids are 5.4 meters long.
The video frame is 860x465.

http://i.imgur.com/npZw7R6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vPIGutF.jpg
The size of the Droid is 46 pixels.
The Droid was shifted from 60 to 3 pixels away in a single frame.
Displacement of 57 pixels.
Size of Droid in meters / Size in Pixels = Meters per pixel
Displacement in pixels * meters per pixel of the Droid = Displacement in Meters
Time Frame = Displacement in Meters / ( Half the Speed of Light )

Obi-Wan is 1.82meters tall or 387 pixels tall.
His hand from the top is 59 pixels in the first frame. In the second frame, his hand from the top is 21 pixels.
Obi-Wan's Displacement of 38 pixels.
Height in meters / height in pixels = Meters per pixel
Obi-Wan's Displacement in meters = Displacement in pixels * Meters per pixel
Obi-Wan's Displacement in meters / Time Frame = Speed of Obi-Wan in meters/second You never said how fast he was. You set up the equation, but you never solved it.

This is hilarious, I've never seen math applied to fictitious events like this, but I actually can see a Star Wars fan doing this. But it's good that people like doing math. Math can be a great force of good in this world.

Nephthys
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
This does.

No it doesn't. Grievous specifically orders his droids not to fire on Obi-Wan in the movie. He doesn't have to deflect a single blaster bolt, you dolt.

NewGuy01
Team 1 has a solid edge in a duel. I'd argue that TCW Maul could out-duel Bane after a fierce fight, Anakin could more or less overpower Zannah entirely--Though she'd hold her own for a short time. Satele would be able to stand ground against Dooku, but ultimately has little to no chance of winning in a duel. Team 1 consists of much better duelists.

Team 2, however, takes the Force edge. Maul's TK is probably on Bane's level, but Bane's got some powerful FL, and other abilities such as essence transfer and Force Drain which he can use to high extents. Anakin's TK is probably better than Zannahs (Albeit not by much) but her Sith Sorcery makes her a deadly opponent for Anakin--Who has many demons that she can use to her advantage. Dooku vs Satele with the Force is a toughie, but Satele's probably got more raw power in her TK while Dooku has more skill with it, but her Tutaminis could absorb both Dooku's FL and possibly his lightsaber, bolstering her TK powers to a level above Dooku's capabilities. She's also got shatterpoint and shiz, she's probably taking a Force duel.

So really, this is a sabers vs force argument, which is everlasting. However, the disparity between the teams as duelists is a larger difference than the disparity with the Force. I'd say Team 1 should win, unless Zannah has a chance to take out Anakin with her Sith Sorcery, or Satele does something uber enough to carry the team. However, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that team 2 just doesn't have what it takes.

I'm voting Team 1.

pencilcrayon
Author on line editing

Nephthys

Who are you even talking to?

pencilcrayon
Since it's line edited by the creator, it's as canon as any of the other material.

NewGuy01
The ****?

pencilcrayon
I meant this.

Although this doesn't happen in the movie, the RotS novelization was line edited by George Lucas himself. There were some limitations to what the actor could do, but he was able to show Obi-Wan travel inhumanly fast.
http://i.imgur.com/FB8NMDl.jpg a blaster bolt barely leaving the barrel
http://i.imgur.com/iLJBxYv.jpg blaster barely moved

S_W_LeGenD
Team 2

Satele herself is more then a match for any individual in Team 1; same is true for Bane. In addition, Zannah have Sith Sorcery.

Zett
Uh, he is. You just said his lightsaber skill is indeed among the best ever so yeah.

Yeah, he is. Probably on the very close level to people like Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, Cin Drallig. He was a bit better then Bane in RoT because of his superior knowledge. If the one had the same knowledge as him, he wasn't so impressive.
In CW era, he wont be a threat for the best dueslit like Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Maul.
I doubt that he would have any advantage over Fisto or Kolar or Bondara etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.