Deathstoke in MK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ferret Fiend
deathstroke is in the MK tournament can he clear the path or who will stop him gets full health between each fight

Baraka
Reptile
Cyrax
Scorpion
Liu Kang
Shang Tsung

Q99
Ouch, poor Slade! His superhuman abilities aren't enough here.

ScreamPaste
Deathstroke is plenty for this, only Tsung's magic should cause him trouble, imho.

Ferret Fiend
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Deathstroke is plenty for this, only Tsung's magic should cause him trouble, imho. what about kang and scorpion

juggerman
None of these guys are bullets timers. Slade caps them all.

Ferret Fiend
Originally posted by juggerman
None of these guys are bullets timers. Slade caps them all. teleportation

juggerman
Originally posted by Ferret Fiend
teleportation

Didn't stop them from getting hit with punches that flew much slower than bullets tho did it?

Ferret Fiend
so stryker uses guns and grenades and is still one of the weakest fighters in mk

juggerman
so stryker uses guns and grenades and is still one of the weakest fighters in mk

Not if he's easily beating bosses like Kintaro

Ferret Fiend
dude cyber sub zero beat him and goro, kong lao beat him and he got one shoted by kahn and lu kang punched a big ass hole in him. there is probably a few more who beat him to cant remember though

juggerman
dude cyber sub zero beat him and goro, kong lao beat him and he got one shoted by kahn and lu kang punched a big ass hole in him. there is probably a few more who beat him to cant remember though

He snuck up on Kung Lao. That's not a one shot that's a sneak attack. But again Kintaro is a boss character and one of the most powerful MK people. Stryker pwned him. Deathstroke would wreck several MK people

battlemaster161
stops at kang

juggerman
What exactly puts Kang above DS? This is a guy with a strong healing factor, wears Nth metal armor, is skilled enough to take on just about anyone in DC in H2H, and has even tagged the Flash. What has Kang done?

battlemaster161
Turns into a dragon or drops an arcade machine on his head

juggerman
Arcade maching is not canon and even if it were he can only do so AFTER he beats his opponent. Same goes for the dragon. So how exactly would he get to the "FINISH HIM" part?

battlemaster161
Eats him or sets him on fire arcade isnt canon but it be funny if it was but the dragon is canon and he did it in the movie right in the middle of his and kahns fight which reminds me FF is this movie or game versions.

juggerman
Originally posted by battlemaster161
Eats him or sets him on fire arcade isnt canon but it be funny if it was but the dragon is canon and he did it in the movie right in the middle of his and kahns fight which reminds me FF is this movie or game versions.

The movie is not canon to the game. Honestly you'd want it to be the game version since they are much better than the movies.

battlemaster161
still stops at kang the only reason the dragon is in the end of the fight is because it be boring if you could use it any time you want.

Ferret Fiend
Kang will be aloud to turn into a dragon in 5 minutes of the fight

juggerman
still stops at kang the only reason the dragon is in the end of the fight is because it be boring if you could use it any time you want.

And you believe Slade will just stand there and allow himself to be eaten?

battlemaster161
fire burns him alive

juggerman
He's not fast enough. Also who has Kang even burned alive? Aside from himself of course. Do you know what Nth metal is?

battlemaster161
dont really care seeing how he gets powned by NW all the time

juggerman
dont really care seeing how he gets powned by NW all the time

He's superior to NW. NW held his own but would eventually lose to DS. As Batman has

battlemaster161
still lost so many times

juggerman
still lost so many times

Like when? He's usually portrayed as pretty well above the likes of Nightwing

battlemaster161
a few times in the comics NW had actually but barely a few times in comics had won

juggerman
a few times in the comics NW had actually but barely a few times in comics had won

Do you happen to have scans of this? Or can you tell me what the circumstances were? It's not that i don't believe you i just can't recall Nightwing beating Slade straight up

battlemaster161
I cant remember the comic but slade was killing people cant remember why but when he had his guns pointed at his bounty NW came and knocked them out of his hand then they fought.

juggerman
I cant remember the comic but slade was killing people cant remember why but when he had his guns pointed at his bounty NW came and knocked them out of his hand then they fought.

Yeah that doesn't help too much. Did NW win in a straight up fight or did he get help, or just some kind of sneaky tactic to win? This is important

battlemaster161
It hurt deathstrokes hand as he didnt expect it he had only one sword while NW had his standered gear NW got one quick punch to the face on him before they actually fought

juggerman
It hurt deathstrokes hand as he didnt expect it he had only one sword while NW had his standered gear NW got one quick punch to the face on him before they actually fought

Meh i would put too much weight into that. At worst it was a low showing if not just straight PIS. I mean this is a guy that can take hits from Hawkman and be completely fine.

battlemaster161
thier are a lot of people who took hits from hawkeye

Yamcha
Hawkman
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsf5ecf327.jpg

hawkeye
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsc366a1e8.jpg

ScreamPaste
Hawkman. Hawkeye is Marvel.

Edit: SNIPED WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE.

juggerman
laughing out loud laughing

TrevorPhillipss
Deathstroke is plenty for this, only Tsung's magic should cause him trouble, imho. Agreed, although Scorpion could give him a run for his money he's jobbed a lot in MK despite being the flagship character

Q99
There's a lot of people with magic powers besides Khan and Scorpion- and some with cybernetics that fill a similar purpose.

All of them with superhuman feats of strength and toughness, all of them highly skilled fighters.

TrevorPhillipss
Didn't stop them from getting hit with punches that flew much slower than bullets tho did it? Most of the MK characters probably could bullet time I don't remember exactly but I think Reptile destroyed Strykers bullets with acid in MK2011. But being a bullet timer isn't enough to fight someone of Slade's caliber

Q99
Originally posted by TrevorPhillipss
But being a bullet timer isn't enough to fight someone of Slade's caliber

If only these characters also had high levels of martial arts skills, blatantly superhuman strength and toughness that lets them shrug off grenades and the like, and a variety of magic powers, energy weapons and similar!

If that was the case, then Slade'd be flat-out outmatched.

Hypothetically, of course. I don't think anyone in MK has any magic powers or cybernetics or high-end chi or anything like that.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Q99
If only these characters also had high levels of martial arts skills, blatantly superhuman strength and toughness that lets them shrug off grenades and the like, and a variety of magic powers, energy weapons and similar!

Hypothetically, of course. I don't think anyone in MK has any magic powers or cybernetics or high-end chi or anything like that.

You're trying too hard to get my attention. Nightwing is capable of blitzing 40 armed soldiers, punching someone through a door 15 feet back, and beat down Owen Mercer.

Katana is someone who can casually deflect gun fire from 2 gun turrets simultaneously and has contended with Shiva, Azrael and Ra's in a sword fight.

Batman's has blitzed Katana, Major Force and Black Lighting all at the same time, can punch through RPG proof glass, has the stamina to fight 28 hours straight, and can one shot giant armor plated robots, and his skill repertoire needs no explanation.

All of these characters are superhuman by MK standards and are retardedly skilled, Slade has beaten all of their asses at one point or another. And that doesn't include other showings like being able to stalemate JPV in a sword fight, the same JPV that beat Batman Nightwing and Tim Drake at the same time.

So no, the stats and skill of MK characters aren't going to be enough here. The only MK characters here who have magic that may cause Slade inconvenience are Scorpion and Shang, both whom have been acknowledge. Other than that the rest of the characters so called magic abilities are in the form of projectiles that can easily be dodged, Reptile can turn invisible but good look getting the drop on someone who has sub atomic sensory

Try harder.

juggerman
Originally posted by Q99

Wanna actually post someone in MK canonly shrugging off grenades? Remember Batman can kick thru a full grown tree with the casualness of wiping his ass. Slade beat the piss out of him

Q99
Wanna actually post someone in MK canonly shrugging off grenades?

It's one character's normal attack. It is not the most powerful attack around.

And Khan can hit people so hard they *explode*, which Slade couldn't hope to do.

juggerman
Originally posted by Q99
It's one character's normal attack. It is not the most powerful attack around.

And Khan can hit people so hard they *explode*, which Slade couldn't hope to do.

Not that the attack has canonly hit anyone tho. Just cuz he throws em doesn't mean character can tank em. Unless of course you have proof that this has happened outside of in battle game mechanics. Just like irl, not all shots fired or bombs thrown actually hit people.

Again a non canon fatality is not proof he can do something. Can Smoke really blow up the Earth with the bombs in his chest? If so then how is he not the most powerful character when the "god" Raiden can only blow up a temple with an all out attack? Again fatalities and game mechanics don't count as canon feats.

Wei Phoenix
Jesus Christ how is this not getting through? Fatalities and moves are not necessarily canon, a lot of the moves are overexaggerated. Sub Zero CAN freeze people, that is true, but if Sub Zero were to attack the frozen opponent or someone were to use a weapon on the frozen body then the ice wouldn't just shatter and the fighter can just get back up and continue their fight. If he froze someone and waited a few seconds then that person isn't going to just thaw out. If that was the case then Sub Zero's powers suck horribly.

Ferret Fiend
just because its not canon dosent mean they cant do it

juggerman
just because its not canon dosent mean they cant do it

That's what YOU need to prove. If you think they can tank grenades then by all means show us some actual evidence besides "Well Stryker has them".

juggerman
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Jesus Christ how is this not getting through?

Been asking myself that for a while now

Ferret Fiend
we dont know because it is a fight so we dont however please use your common sense you see this big ass cat creature who just set your friend on fire and is about to tear you limb fro limb do you use your fist or shoot the mother ****a right in the face and throw bombs at it

Ferret Fiend
you know who NW cant beat cyber subzero that mofo a beast

juggerman
we dont know because it is a fight so we dont however please use your common sense you see this big ass cat creature who just set your friend on fire and is about to tear you limb fro limb do you use your fist or shoot the mother ****a right in the face and throw bombs at it

He may not have needed to. For all we know Kintaro slipped on a banana peel. The very fact that we DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED kinda negates it as a feat. You can make up whatever scenario in your head you want to but the fact remains it's unknown and therefore can't be used.

juggerman
you know who NW cant beat cyber subzero that mofo a beast

Geez....

Ferret Fiend
It can you just choose not to use your common sense which apparently you have none and styker would have said something if it was a fluke but in my previous comment cyber subzero FTW

juggerman
It can you just choose not to use your common sense which apparently you have none and styker would have said something if it was a fluke but in my previous comment cyber subzero FTW

It can't. Maybe he tried to use the bombs and Kintaro dodged them. Maybe the gun was knocked from his hand as well. So how exactly do you KNOW he shrugged off these attacks that may never have happened?

You mean the guy Sindel punched like one time and killed?

battlemaster161
sindel destroys NW no problem and if thats the case juggs then kintaro is fast enough to smack the gun from strykers hand before he pulls the trigger so you just said hes extremely fast

juggerman
sindel destroys NW no problem

I think she would take him more often than not. it would not be a stomp for her

battlemaster161
she killed kitana, jade, stryker, cyber subzero, kabal and a few others at the same time hell she killed someone with the heel of her boot.

juggerman
she killed kitana, jade, stryker, cyber subzero, kabal and a few others at the same time hell she killed someone with the heel of her boot.

I'm well aware of this

battlemaster161
and you still dont believe she stomp NW wow

juggerman
and you still dont believe she stomp NW wow

Correct. As stated eariler the MK people don't have many feat to pull from and those that they do have don't really put them on NW's level. So far you've provided zero feats to show otherwise. Mostly it's just been non canon feats, vague powersets, and hyperbole from you.

battlemaster161
god your stupid NW counldt handle all those characters at one time he get destroyed sindel did it with ease do you think he could beat them all with ease like she did

juggerman
god your stupid NW counldt handle all those characters at one time he get destroyed sindel did it with ease do you think he could beat them all with ease like she did

I never said he could do what she did. Nice strawman tho.

TrevorPhillipss
she killed kitana, jade, stryker, cyber subzero, kabal and a few others at the same time hell she killed someone with the heel of her boot. It's massive PIS, they all attacked her one at a time instead of jumping her together. None of them tried using their powers either. Instead of using his pistol Stryker tried using his stun gun, Sub Zero didn't even try using ice, Kabal didn't even try to use his speed. I loved MK 2011 but that entire scene was simply there to kill off those characters.

battlemaster161
so sindel did it and im pretty sure NW cant

TrevorPhillipss
If they were fighting like that Nightwing would kick their asses too

battlemaster161
sindel killed styker with the heel of her boot and shoved her hand through their bodies NW has never shown to be able to do that

juggerman
Nightwing doesn't wear heels

TrevorPhillipss
Nightwing doesn't wear heels laughing out loud

TrevorPhillipss
sindel killed styker with the heel of her boot and shoved her hand through their bodies NW has never shown to be able to do that Yeah because Nightwing regularly goes around dismembering people laughing out loud

Q99
Yeah because Nightwing regularly goes around dismembering people laughing out loud

No, but he also doesn't show the capability to.

If you can't rip someone's arm off with a yank, you probably shouldn't be in MK.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99

If you can't rip someone's arm off with a yank, you probably shouldn't be in MK.

There are a lot of people in MK who haven't shown the strength to be able to do that though.

Q99
There are a lot of people in MK who haven't shown the strength to be able to do that though.

There's a very significant number who have, or *more* (I mean, spine ripping? *Much* harder than arm ripping, and not even done by one of the top-tier fighters), and most of the rest are shown to be at least near-peers to them.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
There's a very significant number who have, or *more* (I mean, spine ripping? *Much* harder than arm ripping, and not even done by one of the top-tier fighters), and most of the rest are shown to be at least near-peers to them.

Care to name these non-game mechanic feats?

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Q99

If you can't rip someone's arm off with a yank, you probably shouldn't be in MK. Ever hear of a character called Bane? Dude has ripped Cyborgs arms off and beaten them to death with it.

And how many people have canonically ripped people's arms off in MK?

Try not to use gameplay mechanics this time.

Q99
Care to name these non-game mechanic feats?

Sure (though I will mention what happens in normal gameplay *is* representative of their power generally speaking).

Here is the first of several cutscene videos. 13:12 has Sonya break thick metal bars easy, 14:28 has Shang Tsung casually blow up a helicopter.

Next vid, 3:09 in, Raiden has a vision of Scorpion doing his spine-rip thing (And Raiden's visions are simply from the original timeline- the Raiden of the original sent them back to change things when he felt all was lost), and in 8:28, his handiwork is shown.

You get the idea.

juggerman
Originally posted by Q99
Sure (though I will mention what happens in normal gameplay *is* representative of their power generally speaking).

Here is the first of several cutscene videos. 13:12 has Sonya break thick metal bars easy, 14:28 has Shang Tsung casually blow up a helicopter.

Next vid, 3:09 in, Raiden has a vision of Scorpion doing his spine-rip thing (And Raiden's visions are simply from the original timeline- the Raiden of the original sent them back to change things when he felt all was lost), and in 8:28, his handiwork is shown.

You get the idea.

Several problems with this. May I?

1. Sonya broke the bars with her wrist mounted plasma blaster. Notice how she needs to grab her wrist to fire? That's not an ability she has on her own.

2. Scorpion did not spine rip Sub Zero. He burned him alive and picked up his skull.

3. Not one of these instances show anyone in MK having to strength to rip limbs off. Burn them off? Sure. Blast them off? Why not. But not physical strength which is what was asked for

battlemaster161
I'm pretty sure mk characters can rip off limbs whether you believe it or not just because the videos didn't show it doesn't mean that they can't.

Wei Phoenix
Her little wrist blaster destroying metal bars isn't very impressive, I'd hope that they would be able to break bars.

Q99
That's just how she channels it. She has no 'blaster'.

And notably, being hit by projectiles like that is not an auto-win, characters can often deal as much or more in melee as they can with projectiles.

First vision shows a spine-rip (and remember, those visions are things that *happened*).

1:42, Sindel hits Nightwolf into a large stone alter hard enough to break it. Nightwolf's fine, showing both strength and durability.

Wei Phoenix
Doesn't matter if it's a wrist blaster or a special ability, it's only feat so far that I've seen is breaking prison bars. That's not very impressive at all.

Q99
Doesn't matter if it's a wrist blaster or a special ability, it's only feat so far that I've seen is breaking prison bars. That's not very impressive at all.

Yea, you try breaking two-inch bars with your hands and see how well you do smile It's quite superhuman.

And I notice a certain purposeful ignoring of, oh, Shang Tsung blowing up a helicopter. Liu Kang is stronger than Shang Tsung.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, you try breaking two-inch bars with your hands and see how well you do smile It's quite superhuman.

And I notice a certain purposeful ignoring of, oh, Shang Tsung blowing up a helicopter. Liu Kang is stronger than Shang Tsung.

I can't, Nightwing can, Batman has kicked down steel doors and ripped car trunks under water. Batman rogues can blow up helicopters, a rocket launcher can blow up a helicopter. That's nothing above the Bat Family's paygrade.

Q99
I can't, Nightwing can, Batman has kicked down steel doors and ripped car trunks under water.

He's knocked steel doors *off their hinges*, not just broken them. And car trunks are far thinner and just aluminum.

Also, it's not like there's any reason to believe that's her max- she just wanted Jax free.

Still means they're stronger than the Batfamily, though smile

Higher durability too.

And when Batman fights a foe with that level of firepower and toughness, he does not beat them in strait fights, he does so via planning or some clever trick... and we're talking a tournament setting here.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
He's knocked steel doors *off their hinges*, not just broken them. And car trunks are far thinner and just aluminum.

Also, it's not like there's any reason to believe that's her max- she just wanted Jax free.

Higher durability too.

And when Batman fights a foe with that level of firepower and toughness, he does not beat them in strait fights, he does so via planning or some clever trick... and we're talking a tournament setting here.

Killer Croc, Dick has also taken and survived punches from Donna Troy. The car was under water.

You can believe what you want about Sonya but until we see more from it that is the height of her blast's power.

Being stronger than the bat family means nothing if they can still win.

TrevorPhillipss
this thread laughing out loud

battlemaster161
When did the bat family come into this it's breaststroke not batman

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Q99

Higher durability too.

And when Batman fights a foe with that level of firepower and toughness, he does not beat them in strait fights, he does so via planning or some clever trick... and we're talking a tournament setting here. Yeah because an energy blast that can destroy steel bars is going to have the Bat family trembling in fear laughing

Just give up Q99, you're getting desperate and you aren't going to convincing anyone at this point

battlemaster161
I think Sonya could beat batgirl

TrevorPhillipss
I think you're a bad troll.

Wei Phoenix
When did the bat family come into this it's breaststroke not batman

You're right, this and the Nightwing one is starting to look just alike.

battlemaster161
I just now noticed I put breaststroke instead of deathstroke

juggerman
Originally posted by Q99
That's just how she channels it. She has no 'blaster'.

And notably, being hit by projectiles like that is not an auto-win, characters can often deal as much or more in melee as they can with projectiles.

First vision shows a spine-rip (and remember, those visions are things that *happened*).

1:42, Sindel hits Nightwolf into a large stone alter hard enough to break it. Nightwolf's fine, showing both strength and durability.

She does have a blaster

Show me people being hit by these attacks.

It does not show a spine rip. It shows Scorpion holding Sub Zero's head. He could have burned hit the exact same way leaving his head intact. Unless we actually witness the event firsthand we cannot know and will not just accept your baseless speculation.

Nightwolf is not fine. He stays down and hold his rips. He doesn't even get up on his own. You're outright lying now

Q99
Oh, sure it does! It's not everything of course, but since you admit they're stronger, let's start there. It means they take fewer hits to win than their foe does. Their opponent needs more blows to win. Thus, if they're badly outmatched in skill, it's not enough, but if they're even close, they've got a significant edge.

And they're all incredibly experienced martial artists, literally the best on Earth (or other realms), who fight superhuman foes regularly, and some of whom are immortal. They aren't unskilled, they're much more-so than the likes of Killer Croc or similar, and quite possibly more-so than their foe.

And this is a superhuman martial arts tournament with no prep or other advantages for Slade or a Bat.

Just a reminder, Batman's lost to human martial artists on multiple occasions. Slade's been stalemated by Cassandra and been given trouble by Dick. Take that kind of opponent, throw in the superhuman strength and toughness, and some energy attacks/weapons for good measure.

The point of a superhuman ability isn't, "Oh, this is so strong it'll win for sure!". It's "There's this, and it's in the hand of a very high tier martial artist. High tier martial artists already do well against these foes, and here's one that's more powerful as well."

Yeah because an energy blast that can destroy steel bars is going to have the Bat family trembling in fear laughing

Fear? No. Will it take them down or at least cause significant damage if it hits? Without a doubt.

You think the MK characters will fear anything Deathstroke has? Of course not. Silly argument.

I do wonder where you think you're argument is winning, with "Oh, sure, the MK people are highly skilled martial artists who have plenty of superhuman attacks that can take down the bats and super toughness, but the Bats aren't afraid of that, so they'll win, even in a direct fight setup that doesn't let them prep or such."

You aren't actually showing anything to indicate lack-of-ability to win, you're just acting unimpressed. So yes, you're not being convinced, but you're also losing on facts.

Btw, Here is an even better one, 7:52. Raiden punches a guy through a bridge. No rocket launcher can do that.

For Sonya specifically, this is what her X-ray move looks like.

She has leather gloves smile Check her MK wiki page, blasters or other weapons aren't mentioned.

Also it's not her only energy attack. She also has her 'kiss' fatalities where she makes an energy ball with a 'kiss,' and has a few variants of it.

I'm not sure why you think having a blaster would be *better*, the damage from one hit is the same, but you can't just make up stuff about the other side anyway.

battlemaster161
Originally posted by Q99
Oh, sure it does! It's not everything of course, but since you admit they're stronger, let's start there. It means they take fewer hits to win than their foe does. Their opponent needs more blows to win. Thus, if they're badly outmatched in skill, it's not enough, but if they're even close, they've got a significant edge.

And they're all incredibly experienced martial artists, literally the best on Earth (or other realms), who fight superhuman foes regularly, and some of whom are immortal. They aren't unskilled, they're much more-so than the likes of Killer Croc or similar, and quite possibly more-so than their foe.

And this is a superhuman martial arts tournament with no prep or other advantages for Slade or a Bat.

Just a reminder, Batman's lost to human martial artists on multiple occasions. Slade's been stalemated by Cassandra and been given trouble by Dick. Take that kind of opponent, throw in the superhuman strength and toughness, and some energy attacks/weapons for good measure.

The point of a superhuman ability isn't, "Oh, this is so strong it'll win for sure!". It's "There's this, and it's in the hand of a very high tier martial artist. High tier martial artists already do well against these foes, and here's one that's more powerful as well."

Fear? No. Will it take them down or at least cause significant damage if it hits? Without a doubt.

You think the MK characters will fear anything Deathstroke has? Of course not. Silly argument.

I do wonder where you think you're argument is winning, with "Oh, sure, the MK people are highly skilled martial artists who have plenty of superhuman attacks that can take down the bats and super toughness, but the Bats aren't afraid of that, so they'll win, even in a direct fight setup that doesn't let them prep or such."

You aren't actually showing anything to indicate lack-of-ability to win, you're just acting unimpressed. So yes, you're not being convinced, but you're also losing on facts.

Btw, Here is an even better one, 7:52. Raiden punches a guy through a bridge. No rocket launcher can do that.

She has leather gloves smile Check her MK wiki page, blasters or other weapons aren't mentioned.

Also it's not her only energy attack. She also has her 'kiss' fatalities where she makes an energy ball with a 'kiss,' and has a few variants of it.

I'm not sure why you think having a blaster would be *better*, the damage from one hit is the same, but you can't just make up stuff about the other side anyway. I agree with this guy except the point of Sonya's x-ray move because I don't think its canon i might look it up to see but im not sure.

TrevorPhillips
Originally posted by Q99

IF IT HITS. A handgun could take down a member of the Bat family if it connects, having a deadly projectile and being able to hit someone of the Bat families caliber are two different things, the MK cast being unable to do the latter

The MK characters don't have to fear Deathstroke, it isn't required, they're still going to get their asses kicked badly

Originally posted by Q99

laughing laughing laughing

My argument is winning because you have absolutely nothing. You're big feat for Sonya was that she had an energy blast that was able to destroy a steel bar. Seriously? You're even using gameplay mechanics in your arguments too. Your argument reeks of desperation and I almost feel embarrassed for you....almost...

I showed physical feats from Nightwing, Batman and Katana, three characters that were outclassed by Deathstroke, that put their physical stats above any of the MK characters here. So we know their outclassed physically.

The only thing they have going for them is that they have weak energy attacks that apparently can destroy steel bars. Their skill is piss poor in comparison to Bruce and even Slade for that matter, so it's basically weak and predictable energy blast vs a guy with superior stats, skill and firearms, yeah you're not winning anything here son.

Raiden can punch a guy through a bridge? Good for him, too bad he isn't in this fight, but I know you have the habit of taking feats from like 20 characters and applying them to one so this isn't surprising.

Can't wait to see your next weak argument, since apparently you think that someone who with minor energy projection can beat a faster, stronger more skilled opponent.

Ferret Fiend
Originally posted by TrevorPhillips
IF IT HITS. A handgun could take down a member of the Bat family if it connects, having a deadly projectile and being able to hit someone of the Bat families caliber are two different things, the MK cast being unable to do the latter

laughing laughing laughing

My argument is winning because you have absolutely nothing. You're big feat for Sonya was that she had an energy blast that was able to destroy a steel bar. Seriously? You're even using gameplay mechanics in your arguments too. Your argument reeks of desperation and I almost feel embarrassed for you....almost...

I showed physical feats from Nightwing, Batman and Katana, three characters that were outclassed by Deathstroke, that put their physical stats above any of these MK characters in particular. So we know their outclassed physically.

The only thing they have going for them is that they have weak energy attacks that apparently can destroy steel bars. Their skill is piss poor in comparison to Bruce and even Slade for that matter, so it's basically weak and predictable energy blast vs a guy with superior stats, skill and firearms, yeah you're not winning anything here son.

Can't wait to see your next weak argument. Sonya isnt even in this besides half the guys listed could beat her also I dont think a gun is going to hurt Cyrax he is a robot its not going to do much so I don't know why the gun is so important.

Q99

Except, hey, these are top martial artists.

And top martial artists hit Batman in fights quite often. They provide him tough fights pretty often. They even beat him in combat on occasion.

And top martial artists also have done well against Slade, even without the strength or powers of the MK fighters.

*Shrugs* You're basically assuming they can't hit based on nothing. You're acting like they're simple blasters/bricks rather than, y'know, specifically the best martial artists on the planet.

If your argument is reliant on the MK fighters not being good martial artists, it's really not much of an argument.

And like Ferret Fiend mentioned, it's not Sonya, who's mid to low power. It's Cyrax, who's a martial artist robot, and Reptile, and Shang Tsung, and all that.

Now, I do see Deathstroke beating Baraka, but clearing it? C'mon, it's a whole list of superhuman martial artists. Not just people who have some superhuman attributes, but specifically top fighters.

TrevorPhillipss
Sonya isnt even in this besides half the guys listed could beat her also I dont think a gun is going to hurt Cyrax he is a robot its not going to do much so I don't know why the gun is so important. What you think is irrelevant, show Cyrax being immune to gun fire, better yet show him being immune to a power staff blast, or explosives, or getting a sword in the face. Here let me save you some time, you won't be able to because he hasn't shown anything to suggest this level of durability, other than the fact that he's a Cyborg.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Q99

And top martial artists hit Batman in fights quite often. They provide him tough fights pretty often. They even beat him in combat on occasion.

And top martial artists also have done well against Slade, even without the strength or powers of the MK fighters.

*Shrugs* You're basically assuming they can't hit based on nothing. You're acting like they're simple blasters/bricks rather than, y'know, specifically the best martial artists on the planet.

If your argument is reliant on the MK fighters not being good martial artists, it's really not much of an argument.

And like Ferret Fiend mentioned, it's not Sonya, who's mid to low power. It's Cyrax, who's a martial artist robot, and Reptile, and Shang Tsung, and all that.

Now, I do see Deathstroke beating Baraka, but clearing it? C'mon, it's a whole list of superhuman martial artists. Not just people who have some superhuman attributes, but specifically top fighters. They are top martial artist by MK standards, not by DC standards., Top tier martial artist hit Batman all the time, you've yet to prove that MK characters are top tier martial artist by DC standards.

Top tier Martial Artist have done well against Slade, again you've yet to show MK characters being top tier martial artist

Seriously you're argument is literally this

MK characters are top tier martial artist, have superhuman stats and energy blast

The only thing you've been right about so far is energy blast and they're generally weak, slow energy blast that do little damage. Do you actually think Sonya's blast is going to have any effect on someone like Deathstroke? Name a single person that Sonya has killed with these energy blast that suggest this, you can't, because like the majority of your arguments you're pulling things out of your ass.

You say MK characters are super human, yet Batman, Nightwing and Katana all have better physical stats then they do

You say MK characters are top martial artist, you've yet to show a single feat that puts them on these characters level in terms of skill

In short you have nothing.

The only person here who may potentially cause Slade annoyance is Scorpion and considering that he's been beaten by people who are weaker, slower and less skilled than Slade he isn't going to last long either.

battlemaster161

Now, I do see Deathstroke beating Baraka, but clearing it? C'mon, it's a whole list of superhuman martial artists. Not just people who have some superhuman attributes, but specifically top fighters. They are top martial artist by MK standards, not by DC standards., Top tier martial artist hit Batman all the time, you've yet to prove that MK characters are top tier martial artist by DC standards.

Top tier Martial Artist have done well against Slade, again you've yet to show MK characters being top tier martial artist

Seriously you're argument is literally this

MK characters are top tier martial artist, have superhuman stats and energy blast

The only thing you've been right about so far is energy blast and they're generally weak, slow energy blast that do little damage. Do you actually think Sonya's blast is going to have any effect on someone like Deathstroke? Name a single person that Sonya has killed with these energy blast that suggest this, you can't, because like the majority of your arguments you're pulling things out of your ass.

You say MK characters are super human, yet Batman, Nightwing and Katana all have better physical stats then they do

You say MK characters are top martial artist, you've yet to show a single feat that puts them on these characters level in terms of skill

In short you have nothing.

The only person here who may potentially cause Slade annoyance is Scorpion and considering that he's been beaten by people who are weaker, slower and less skilled than Slade he isn't going to last long either. why are you such a mk hater can you show a feat in where their not good martioal artist we know they are and your calling them weak raiden slams motaro through a huge bridge and lui kang is able to give this guy trouble. scorpion is able to control fire so is lui kang and shang tsung deathstroke is not immune to fire you basically saying this.
Mk people arnt good fighters which is completely false.

Q99
And let me toss that back at you- Show me something that indicates Slade is immune to Cyrax's giant sawblades, or bombs, or being immobilized by his energy net. Here's a hint- you won't be able to, because he's not.

Cyrax, being, y'know, *metal*, is going to be tougher than flesh. He's not immune to everything, but it's an edge, and he's a very, very skilled fighter with a ton of weapons of his own.

Again, you're acting as if MK characters are unskilled bricks totally reliant on strength and toughness alone, rather than fighters who do superhuman things and fight superhuman foes all days. It's silly.

You've yet to prove they're less, and we've got zip reason to believe so.

You've also yet to prove that DC top tier is higher than MK top tier, if you want to go that route.

Obviously, there's no way to 'prove' how the tiers compare given the fact that they're separate universe not counting non-canon crossovers- so yea, nice argument on your part, 'I'm going to insist that unless something that can't be proven is proven, I'm just going to assume the one I don't like is weaker'- but take Shang Tsung. He fought and killed the greatest warriors of Earth every generation for 9 generations (once every 50 years). And gained their power in the process.

And additionally I'll note it doesn't actually take top-tier people to hit Batman. Some no-named martial arts students of the unarmed master were able to do so when Shiva was testing his recovery post-back healing. Two-Face is able to do so. Yadda yadda. Lotta people can hit Batman.

Insisting that the very best in the world from a universe that revolves around martial arts are significantly less skilled based on no indication of lower level is, well, a very weak argument indeed!

Weaker, slower, and less skilled based on.... oh, nothing! And Slade's been beaten by people weaker and slower than him too.

And Scorpion isn't the strongest MK fighter on the list even, not even close.

Long story short of this argument- You're insisting that MK fighters are slow and unskilled based on nothing, and simply assuming the DC ones have big, completely undemonstrated edges. Argument based on assumption is not good argument.

battlemaster161
He thinks mk fighters are bad martial artist and very weak which is completely false he thinks deathstroke will win cause he beat batman newsflash he tries to kill and batman dosent. you want us to give feats on them being good martial artist can you give us feats that shows they arnt. Cyrax can teleport and if you notice something about when he teleports his entire body separates so i doubt cutting his limbs off will work and is made out of a very strong metal that can with stand tons of pressure.

ScreamPaste
Kain fallacy.

Just because something can disassemble on it's own doesn't mean destroying those parts is ineffective. If I cut up all the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle it becomes a bit more troublesome, doesn't it?

battlemaster161
But cyrax isnt a jigsaw puzzle is he. he is made from a very hard metal that swords are able to break on you ever tried cutting a really strong metal eith a sword ya dosent really work his gun will do some damage probably dent it depending on the ammo he uses but he dosent have unlimited ammo he cant just keep shooting everyone.

ScreamPaste
He's a machine with parts that fit together. Strip the threading on a bolt and try to tighten the nut.

battlemaster161
how is he going to do that the tech is to advanced and anyway he is not gonna stand thier and let him strip him down how do you no nuts and bolts held him together especially when he can separate himself and come right back together anytime he wants without a problem

Q99
I am inclined to agree that self-disassembly and hostile disassembly are two very different things.

Anyway, while on the subject of Cyrax, here is a video of his X-ray move. Namely, he uses an explosive to knock his foe into the air, then teleports to immediately follow up. Quite the dangerous bot.

The teleportation thing is a nice advantage several of these chars have, as they can even attack immediately in time with the port.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Q99

And let me toss that back at you- Show me something that indicates Slade is immune to Cyrax's giant sawblades, or bombs, or being immobilized by his energy net. Here's a hint- you won't be able to, because he's not.

Cyrax, being, y'know, *metal*, is going to be tougher than flesh. He's not immune to everything, but it's an edge, and he's a very, very skilled fighter with a ton of weapons of his own.

Again, you're acting as if MK characters are unskilled bricks totally reliant on strength and toughness alone, rather than fighters who do superhuman things and fight superhuman foes all days. It's silly.

You're assuming that Slade is going to let himself get hit by a saw blade, or stand in proximity of a bomb, or get caught in an energy net. If you think that then it's pretty obvious that you know about Slade.

So Cyrax being a cyborg means he's bullet proof? How do you know that Slade isn't just going to shoot him in the eye or any vulnerable spot? Oh yeah you never thought about that did you?

Do you know how stupid your argument sounds like? You might as well say "If I make a robot who's 20 feet tall, has saw blades for arms and shoots missles and bombs that Slade can't win. I don't care how many weapons he has, I care about how well he can conducts himself in combat. Which apparently isn't very well since he isn't even one of MK's top combatants.

Originally posted by Q99

You've yet to prove they're less, and we've got zip reason to believe so.

You've also yet to prove that DC top tier is higher than MK top tier, if you want to go that route.

Can MK characters beat characters massively physically stronger than they are? No they can't, the strongest MK characters are probably Onaga, Goro, Motaro and maybe Shao Khan, and they pale in comparison to Donna Troy, Starfire who are both massively stronger and can fly, and even Legacy who can toss Submarines around. Goro was the MK champion, do you think someone like Cassandra Cain, Bruce or Slade would have any trouble with Goro? Even though they beat characters much stronger, faster and more durable than he is?

Have MK characters shown a mastery of pressure points?

Can a single MK character fight off numerous meta humans despite being physically outclassed and outnumbered?

Here let me answer this for you, No, No and NO, the skill level isn't comparable.

In fact if you watch the Deadly Alliance Intro it only took Shang and Quan Chi to kill Liu Kang, one of them sneaked up behind him and shot him in the back. And this is guy suppose to be their grand champion.

Originally posted by Q99

Obviously, there's no way to 'prove' how the tiers compare given the fact that they're separate universe not counting non-canon crossovers- That's funny, because I just did exactly that

Originally posted by Q99

Weaker, slower, and less skilled based on.... oh, nothing!

Weaker, slower and less skilled based on feats, but I forgot that the concepts of feats is something entirely too complicated for you so I'll say it again

When MK characters can casually deflect bullets from two gun turrets firing simultaneously, when MK characters can casually blitz 3 meta humans, when MK characters can punch someone so hard they fly through a door and back 15 feet, when MK characters can kick through steel, they may be on the same level as Slade.

Maybe if you showed some physical based feats you may have an argument, but you're not going to, because the simple fact is that most MK characters lack comparable physical feats, that's why the only thing you were able to show is Sonya being able to destroy steel bars, that and gameplay mechanics.

So far you have nothing, but hey, arguments based on nothing are your specialty aren't they? That and using feats from a dozen characters for one laughing out loud

Originally posted by Q99
And Scorpion isn't the strongest MK fighter on the list even, not even close. No one said he is, only that his teleporation and the fact that he's already dead making him more difficult to injure than the rest.

Originally posted by Q99
And Slade's been beaten by people weaker and slower than him too.
And for each one he's probably beaten 10 people who are stronger and faster than he is. And if you show Slade getting beaten by someone slower and weaker than him then there's a likelyhood that it's circumstantial.

Seriously just hurry up and cop out again dude, we know it's inevitable.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Q99
I am inclined to agree that self-disassembly and hostile disassembly are two very different things.

Anyway, while on the subject of Cyrax, here is a video of his X-ray move. Namely, he uses an explosive to knock his foe into the air, then teleports to immediately follow up. Quite the dangerous bot.

The teleportation thing is a nice advantage several of these chars have, as they can even attack immediately in time with the port. Jesus Christ what is with you and using gameplay mechanics? I know you're getting desperate but even you should understand the futility of using gameplay over actual feats.

Q99
No, I'm assuming that Cyrax was one of the top members of a deadly assassin clan even before becoming a cyborg, which involves hitting people who are dodging. The net's a net- it's a wide attack where a small dodge isn't enough, it covers a wide area. Bomb's a bomb, similarly, and he can also detonate bombs right out of him so that can include 'getting too close to Cyrax'. Oh, and he can teleport and attack right after he teleports, so he can strike from behind or what have you.

You're the only one assuming that in order to be hit, one needs to just 'stand around'.

He's made of metal with armor. I'm not talking, like, "he has metal limbs but is mostly flesh," like Jax. He's encased in the stuff.

1/8th inch steel can stop many rounds. If Cyrax is *aluminum*, then he'd be effectively bullet proof. He's not aluminum.

Heck, I showed you the cutscene footage of Nightwolf being ok after being slammed into a solid stone alter so hard that several feet of stone broke, and the cyborgs are tougher than Nightwolf.

Hah, and here *you* assume Cyrax just stands around. You assume that Slade can casually get eye shots while Cyrax can't hit at all.

Slade can certainly try, and some of the time he'll even succeed, but gasp, Cyrax will *dodge*. And block, and move, and shoot back, and teleport out of the way, and yadda yadda.

Jesus Christ what is with you and using gameplay mechanics? I know you're getting desperate but even you should understand the futility of using gameplay over actual feats.

You are aware it's a game series, right? And the games are primary canon? And that the fights mostly take place in gameplay? The cutscenes at most show short snippets before and after battle.

And if someone shows both bombs and teleportation in game play, guess what? It means they have those.

I mean, seriously, your argument is mostly based around avoiding acknowledging any information, treating the interdimensional martial artists with visibly superhuman attributes as schlubs who just stand around and take hits and can only hit non-moving foes.

This is sad. Give it up! You really got nothing other than pretending the MK fighters can't do what they've been shown to do.

Q99
And note- I'm not using moves to indicate stuff like hitpoints or other abstractions. I'm using them to show *moves exist*.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Q99

No, I'm assuming that Cyrax was one of the top members of a deadly assassin clan even before becoming a cyborg, which involves hitting people who are dodging. The net's a net- it's a wide attack where a small dodge isn't enough, it covers a wide area. Bomb's a bomb, similarly, and he can also detonate bombs right out of him so that can include 'getting too close to Cyrax'. Oh, and he can teleport and attack right after he teleports, so he can strike from behind or what have you.

You're the only one assuming that in order to be hit, one needs to just 'stand around'.
Again you're not listing any feats, all you're doing is listing his powers, abilities and what group he was part of, none of this is relevant in a fight, I care about how well he can conduct himself in battle, and given that you're extremely hesitant to actually list some of his accomplishments its safe to say that you have none

Originally posted by Q99
He's made of metal with armor. I'm not talking, like, "he has metal limbs but is mostly flesh," like Jax. He's encased in the stuff.

1/8th inch steel can stop many rounds. If Cyrax is *aluminum*, then he'd be effectively bullet proof. He's not aluminum.

Heck, I showed you the cutscene footage of Nightwolf being ok after being slammed into a solid stone alter so hard that several feet of stone broke, and the cyborgs are tougher than Nightwolf.
No he isn't, show evidence that his eyes or other vital points are bullet proof, in fact show evidence that Cyrax in general is bullet proof, you think because he's a cyborg that bullets especially from a Desert Eagle, a Sniper Rifle or an Assault Rifle, again show evidence. Better yet show evidence that Cyrax can survive getting impaled with a Promethium sword, better yet show Cyrax being invulnerable to a blast from a power staff?

Seriously you have nothing

Originally posted by Q99
Heck, I showed you the cutscene footage of Nightwolf being ok after being slammed into a solid stone alter so hard that several feet of stone broke, and the cyborgs are tougher than Nightwolf. laughing out loud laughing out loud back to using ABC logic huh? Show evidence that Cyrax is more durable than Nightwolf is. You say the Cyborgs are more durable than Nightwolf? Prove it

And even if that was the case being slammed into stone doesn't correlate to getting blasted by a power staff or getting a sword in the face.

Originally posted by Q99

Hah, and here *you* assume Cyrax just stands around. You assume that Slade can casually get eye shots while Cyrax can't hit at all.

Slade can certainly try, and some of the time he'll even succeed, but gasp, Cyrax will *dodge*. And block, and move, and shoot back, and teleport out of the way, and yadda yadda. You haven't shown any physical feats for Cyrax to suggest otherwise, show his strength, show his agility, show his speed and his durability, will compare feats and will see if Slade is capable of shooting him in the eye.

So far the only thing you've managed to show is a durability feat...FROM ANOTHER CHARACTER

But you won't be able to, we already know how this is going to end, I'm just trying to hasten your inevitable cop out

Originally posted by Q99

You are aware it's a game series, right? And the games are primary canon? And that the fights mostly take place in gameplay? The cutscenes at most show short snippets before and after battle.

And if someone shows both bombs and teleportation in game play, guess what? It means they have those. Irrelevant, does this mean characters in MK can survive getting their heads ripped out since that seems to happen alot in fatalities? You know that alot of those Xray moves involve characters getting their necks broken, does this mean MK characters can survive getting their necks broken? Because a certain famous MK character died from having his neck snapped

If it happens in gameplay then it's a gameplay mechanic, show something happening in the cut scene or succeed

This is getting very tedious now, the next post is your last chance to contribute something meaningful to the argument, otherwise I'm taking it as your concession

Originally posted by Q99
And note- I'm not using moves to indicate stuff like hitpoints or other abstractions. I'm using them to show *moves exist*.

Those Xray moves show characters getting their skulls literally disintegrated, does this mean that MK characters can survive without skulls? They're gameplay mechanics but I guess desperate people like yourself will do anything.

Ferret Fiend

Those Xray moves show characters getting their skulls literally disintegrated, does this mean that MK characters can survive without skulls? They're gameplay mechanics but I guess desperate people like yourself will do anything. Batman got his back and also spine broken, thats enough to put any human peaked or not in a wheelchair for life so i dont know where your coming from. You also seem desperate Q99 has given more feats then you yet you ask for more. Cyrax is bullet proof thats logic can you prove hes not his and also it was said by game designers of MK9 that cyraxs armor is almost 10x stronger than steel so theirs you one feat. Also just did my research the x ray moves are indeed canon said by mk9 game designers just the fatalities arnt.

battlemaster161
Batman got his back and also spine broken, thats enough to put any human peaked or not in a wheelchair for life so i dont know where your coming from. You also seem desperate Q99 has given more feats then you yet you ask for more. Cyrax is bullet proof thats logic can you prove hes not his and also it was said by game designers of MK9 that cyraxs armor is almost 10x stronger than steel so theirs you one feat. Also just did my research the x ray moves are indeed canon said by mk9 game designers just the fatalities arnt. From what everyone has been saying it appears he could stop at cyrax maybe not he could probably pass but all the information given he might not.

TrevorPhillipss
Batman got his back and also spine broken, thats enough to put any human peaked or not in a wheelchair for life so i dont know where your coming from. You also seem desperate Q99 has given more feats then you yet you ask for more. Cyrax is bullet proof thats logic can you prove hes not his and also it was said by game designers of MK9 that cyraxs armor is almost 10x stronger than steel so theirs you one feat. Also just did my research the x ray moves are indeed canon said by mk9 game designers just the fatalities arnt. Batman didn't get his spine broken, if his spine literally severed it would of killed him, it's the disc in his back that were damaged, people can actually heal from this in real life. Maybe if you actually read Knightfall you would know this, but you didn't. And Batman sure as hell didn't get his spine disintegrated, as in turn to dust, as in exactly what happens in MK Xray moves.

TrevorPhillipss
From what everyone has been saying it appears he could stop at cyrax maybe not he could probably pass but all the information given he might not. Ferret Fiend is Battlemaster161's alt account.

battlemaster161
Ferret Fiend is Battlemaster161's alt account. Actually we are friends who go to school together so before you start accusing people how bout you ask first you dumbass your just mad cause you are losing this debate and are trying to make excuses to make yourself fell better

ScreamPaste
Lol.

battlemaster161
Lol. lol sadly ferret wont be on today he caught the flu and i dont think he has internet at his house

TrevorPhillipss
Actually we are friends who go to school together so before you start accusing people how bout you ask first you dumbass your just mad cause you are losing this debate and are trying to make excuses to make yourself fell better LMAO You're trying waaay too hard ferret, next time try not to make your alt account so obvious

battlemaster161
LMAO You're trying waaay too hard ferret, next time try not to make your alt account so obvious What do you mean ferret i made my account first and what do you mean obvious just because we agree on something you dont were alt accounts ferret hasent even been on all day you idiot.

BloodRain
Kain fallacy. Oh god the flashbacks..

Q99
Again you're not listing any feats, all you're doing is listing his powers, abilities and what group he was part of, none of this is relevant in a fight,

Powers and training aren't relevant to a fight? News to me.

I had no idea the ability to shoot incapacitating nets, teleport, and bombs was useless. Good to know, eh?

He has several- pre upgrade, he beat Johnny Cage. Post, he beats Cyborg Sektor. And being the elite of the Lin Quei, well, that also tells you he's on a similar level to the Sub Zeros, Smoke, etc..

But, since you're dismissing MK's fighting prowess as a *whole*, I know you're going to discount them.

I doubt he is, on a sufficiently good hit and not just a glancing blow.

He doesn't have to be immune, though. He's a high-level ninja who has great agility, teleportation, etc.. *And* he's made of metal on top.

Your argument seems to be, unless someone's totally invulnerable, you're going to assume they're outmatched and doomed.

Not much of an argument, with nothing to back it up!

A demonstration of general MK fighter toughness.

Btw, another one of the fighters on this list, Scorpion, has beaten Nightwolf.

It is, however, a *very* good toughness feat by someone fairly representative of MK fighters, who's neither high nor low tier.

I just showed the speed he used in the X-ray attack. Short memory, eh?

And how about this? Burden of proof. You prove he can. You prove that Cyrax won't teleport behind him first.

You prove your claims, because you're presenting me with air. You don't get to just assume everything your guy does works based on, oh yes, Deathstroke never doing that against skilled humans/world class fighters like Batman or Nightwing, and here he is against superhumans/world class fighters...

Yea, a peer. Because they don't go around showing every character beat up in cutscenes, but the stories do show the characters fight each other a lot and aren't too far in level.

I've also shown you the offensive capability of three different fighters.

Now, when someone shows you feats from 4 fighters to indicate their general level, and there's another character who is considered a peer to them, do you assume that the info on other characters

Heck, even if we did discount it on Cyrax specifically, some of the others are in the list themselves.

Your cop out is "prove that they can do things which even someone with basic reasoning can tell is obvious! What, me prove that Slade can do that stuff in the first place? Uh, lemme change the subject on you!"

smile

You just keep on assuming minimal capabilities... despite no evidence of it... based on nothing!

It's a series full of blatantly superhuman fighters and your arguments amount to 'prove they won't stand still!' 'prove that they're invulnerable because they'll obviously be standing still!' 'prove that they can hit someone who's not standing still!' when they do it constantly by the very base nature of their plot.

You do realize that fatalities represent people *dying*, y'know?

Stuff like hit points and stuff, sure. Stuff like someone jumping or teleporting or throwing attacks fast? It's a representation of what they can do.

Note also that you aren't providing any low feats, you haven't provided anything of the sort to support the idea that MK fighters are as weak as you claim. You just chose to dismiss what information is available because it largely comes from a fighting game... and even the cutscene stuff shows them to be quite formidable, more than you'll admit.

I've provided evidence of strength, toughness, fighting histories, abilities, etc. etc.. You've assumed great weaknesses based on nothing, and expect that because you reject all evidence and arguments it means something.

Saying you take a concession doesn't matter if you're outargued and base your argument on baseless assumptions.

This isn't a 'can I convince you' contest. Whether or not you're convinced is irrelevant. This is a debate, and I've provided better evidence.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Q99

Powers and training aren't relevant to a fight? News to me.

I had no idea the ability to shoot incapacitating nets, teleport, and bombs was useless. Good to know, eh?

How well you apply your weaponry and training are what's relevant. We already know how well Slade can apply his weaponry and skill because he has decades worth of feats, Cyrax and most MK characters for that matter don't.

Originally posted by Q99

He has several- pre upgrade, he beat Johnny Cage. Post, he beats Cyborg Sektor. And being the elite of the Lin Quei, well, that also tells you he's on a similar level to the Sub Zeros, Smoke, etc..

But, since you're dismissing MK's fighting prowess as a *whole*, I know you're going to discount them.
So Johnny Cage and Cyborg Sektor are on the same level as Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl and Katana? What are there feats again?

Beating other equally featless characters isn't a feat. Nor does it give us any indication of his physical stats or skill level

I'm going to dismiss it because like everything else you post it's utter garbage, here's a typical argument from Q99

Feat-less character A has a feat, he beat Featless character B so he must be able to beat someone with decades worth of continuity herp derp

That sounds about right

Originally posted by Q99

I doubt he is, on a sufficiently good hit and not just a glancing blow.

He doesn't have to be immune, though. He's a high-level ninja who has great agility, teleportation, etc.. *And* he's made of metal on top.

In other words you have nothing. And yes he'd have to be immune because he's going to get decapitated, it's inevitable. Show his agility feats, how does his agility compare to Slade's?

Originally posted by Q99

Your argument seems to be, unless someone's totally invulnerable, you're going to assume they're outmatched and doomed.

Not much of an argument, with nothing to back it up! If you want to keep debating might I suggest obtaining a reading comprehension on a 3rd grade level. No one ever stated that Cyrax is outmatched because he's invunerable, the argument is that Cyrax is outmatched because in every physical stat he's outclassed and outclassed in skill, and where Slade has decades worth of feats, your only argument is that he's made of metal and that he's beaten equally featless and unimpressive characters

Originally posted by Q99

A demonstration of general MK fighter toughness.

Btw, another one of the fighters on this list, Scorpion, has beaten Nightwolf. No, a demonstration of one MK fighter's toughness who isn't even in this thread, nor is the durability relevant to getting impaled or decapiated.

Originally posted by Q99

It is, however, a *very* good toughness feat by someone fairly representative of MK fighters, who's neither high nor low tier. Again, an MK character who isn't even in this thread. If you want to make a Nightwolf vs Deathstroke thread then go ahead and make it, I'll go to that thread and explain logically how Deathstroke would kill Nightwolf also.

Originally posted by Q99

I just showed the speed he used in the X-ray attack. Short memory, eh?

And how about this? Burden of proof. You prove he can. You prove that Cyrax won't teleport behind him first.

You prove your claims, because you're presenting me with air. You don't get to just assume everything your guy does works based on, oh yes, Deathstroke never doing that against skilled humans/world class fighters like Batman or Nightwing, and here he is against superhumans/world class fighters... I wish I had short memory, I could get this diarrhea you call an argument out of my head.

Burden of proof? I never argued that Cyrax couldn't teleport, but apparently you think that he can teleport fast enough, get behind Slade and do a sufficient amount of damage to him before getting shot or garroted. It goes back to my first post, having all the powers and weapons in the world means nothing if you can't apply them properly.

Originally posted by Q99

Yea, a peer. Because they don't go around showing every character beat up in cutscenes, but the stories do show the characters fight each other a lot and aren't too far in level.

I've also shown you the offensive capability of three different fighters.

Now, when someone shows you feats from 4 fighters to indicate their general level, and there's another character who is considered a peer to them, do you assume that the info on other characters

Heck, even if we did discount it on Cyrax specifically, some of the others are in the list themselves. A peer? Where does it state anywhere in this series that Cyrax is as durable as Nightwolf? You're simply pulling things out of your ass now.

If they don't go around showing every character getting beaten up in cut scenes then that's YOUR PROBLEM.

I'll say it again, you want to debate with Nightwolf go make a Slade vs Night Wolf thread and I'll humiliate you there too. Nightwolf isn't in this fight, Nightwolf and every showing that Nightwolf has holds ZERO relevance here.

You've listed power sets for 3 different characters, none of their physical stats, none of their skill based states, and most importantly none of their feats, outside of Cyrax beating Johnny Cage and Sektor who are both equally featless.

Do you know why it's easy to debate for Slade? Because the characters he beats have decades worth of feats and continuity

If you take Cyrax, and take every character he's beaten, you could probably count all of their feats on one hand. That's why Cyrax and your argument fail, because the only thing you can do is list Cyrax's powers rather than demonstrate how well he can use them.

That's like me arguing that Slade wins because he has guns, grenades, armor and a sword, rather than demonstrate his competency with them. It's a stupid argument but then again look who I'm talking to.

Originally posted by Q99

It's a series full of blatantly superhuman fighters and your arguments amount to 'prove they won't stand still!' 'prove that they're invulnerable because they'll obviously be standing still!' 'prove that they can hit someone who's not standing still!' when they do it constantly by the very base nature of their plot.

I agree, a series full of blatantly superhuman fighters, so full that out of over 40-50 MK characters on the entire roster the one and only physical feat you were able to find was Night Wolf getting slammed into stone

laughing

Originally posted by Q99

Stuff like someone jumping or teleporting or throwing attacks fast? It's a representation of what they can do...
Not only is that gameplay speed unimpressive but...
Originally posted by Q99

and even the cutscene stuff shows them to be quite formidable, more than you'll admit

Lets take a look at that shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyr0SX9Uhgc

1:07:18 was Jax fighting at the same speed he fights at in gameplay?

1:34:51 is Kitana fighting at the same speed she fights in gameplay?

2:05:40 are Johnny Cage and Ermac fighting at the same speed as in gameplay?

2:56:30 are Night Wolf and Noob fighting at the same speed they use in gameplay?

2:59:16 was anyone here fighting as fast as they do in gameplay?

The answer to all of them is no, no and NO. None of these characters in the cut scenes, the actual canon are fighting at the same pace they fight in gameplay. Another Q99 argument down the toilet.

Originally posted by Q99

I've provided evidence of strength, toughness, fighting histories, abilities, etc. etc.. You've assumed great weaknesses based on nothing, and expect that because you reject all evidence and arguments it means something.

I can't reject evidence because there is no evidence to reject. I already disproved your notion of gameplay being a representation of how characters fight with at least 5 examples, and that's only from one game.

Which basically leaves you with listing a characters powers without describing how well they can utilize them, and the use of Nightwolf's mediocre durability feat for the entire MK roster. That's some strong evidence there laughing out loud

Originally posted by Q99

Saying you take a concession doesn't matter if you're outargued and base your argument on baseless assumptions. I'm taking this as a concession because this argument ended a while ago, somewhere between the use of gameplay mechanics that aren't accurate representations of the characters and the fact that you've been riding one characters mediocre feat for this entire thread

Originally posted by Q99
This isn't a 'can I convince you' contest. Whether or not you're convinced is irrelevant. This is a debate, and I've provided better evidence.All debates are a matter of convincing the other person. I've succeeded, you know that everything I've stated so far has been 100% factual . Go ahead and keep posting though, it's a win win situation for me, either you concede or I continue to get a good laugh by reading your post.

Q99
They in fact, *have* decades of feats, or in-plot, centuries.

And Deathstroke's feats against martial artists indicate that no, he *can't* just stab them in the eye easily or what have you, they often avoid his blows and give him a hard time.

Just more of the same 'I don't want to count what's exceedingly obvious' from you.

Nope, quite the opposite, you've just repeated 'MK characters are weak despite being literally the best martial artists from multiple worlds... because! I can't demonstrate it, I'll ignore feats shown, and act like that grants a win!'. You've posted no feats showing your side, and even ignore stuff from how Deathstroke does.

You've got nothin', and *you* know it.

Also, I will note *I've* convinced other people. You're on your own, other people agree with me, seems pretty clear-cut. One person shouting how they've won loses to multiple people with feats

NemeBro
LMAO You're trying waaay too hard ferret, next time try not to make your alt account so obvious http://www.miataturbo.net/attachments/current-events-news-politics-77/39317d1333732978-joke-white-guy-walks-into-black-neighborhood-pot-kettle-jpg

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Q99

They in fact, *have* decades of feats, or in-plot, centuries.

And Deathstroke's feats against martial artists indicate that no, he *can't* just stab them in the eye easily or what have you, they often avoid his blows and give him a hard time.

Just more of the same 'I don't want to count what's exceedingly obvious' from you.
If they have decades of feats why is it that out of the entire roster you've only listed one feat for Nightwolf, then tried to apply it to everyone else by calling them "peers" I guess you miscounted the number of feats you had.

Yes they've avoided his blows, remind me again how the characters in MK compare to the characters in DC that Slade fights?

Oh yeah,. THEY DON'T, You keep assuming that they do yet you constantly fail at being unable to list a comprehensive list of feats for the characters that put them on that level.

You don't want to count the exceedingly obvious for me? try to make your cop outs more subtle

Originally posted by Q99

Nope, quite the opposite, you've just repeated 'MK characters are weak despite being literally the best martial artists from multiple worlds... because! I can't demonstrate it, I'll ignore feats shown, and act like that grants a win!'. You've posted no feats showing your side, and even ignore stuff from how Deathstroke does.

You've got nothin', and *you* know it.

Also, I will note *I've* convinced other people. You're on your own, other people agree with me, seems pretty clear-cut. One person shouting how they've won loses to multiple people with feats

Ah the inevitable cop out, I guess debunking the silly notion of MK characters canonically fighting like they do in gameplay was the straw that broke Q99's back, what finally pushed you over the edge.

I took a look at the thread and besides me there are 3 other users who agree that Slade wins here.

On the other hand the only person that is outspoken and agreeing with you is Battlemaster, who not only is an idiot but got so desperate that he made an alt account called Ferret Fiend to agree with you

Yeah, how about that? Even Battlemaster thinks your argument is so weak that he had to make an alt account to support you. Kind of speaks volumes about your ability ouse logic and reasoning doesn't it laughing laughing

battlemaster161
If they have decades of feats why is it that out of the entire roster you've only listed one feat for Nightwolf, then tried to apply it to everyone else by calling them "peers" I guess you miscounted the number of feats you had.

Yes they've avoided his blows, remind me again how the characters in MK compare to the characters in DC that Slade fights?

Oh yeah,. THEY DON'T, You keep assuming that they do yet you constantly fail at being unable to list a comprehensive list of feats for the characters that put them on that level.

You don't want to count the exceedingly obvious for me? try to make your cop outs more subtle

Ah the inevitable cop out, I guess debunking the silly notion of MK characters canonically fighting like they do in gameplay was the straw that broke Q99's back, what finally pushed you over the edge.

I took a look at the thread and besides me there are 3 other users who agree that Slade wins here.

On the other hand the only person that is outspoken and agreeing with you is Battlemaster, who not only is an idiot but got so desperate that he made an alt account called Ferret Fiend to agree with you

Yeah, how about that? Even Battlemaster thinks your argument is so weak that he had to make an alt account to support you. Kind of speaks volumes about your ability ouse logic and reasoning doesn't it laughing laughing wow your an idiot me and ferret are always on at the same time you idiot so explain that is arguement is still stronger than yours mister i cant give a feat I can actually prove were different but your so butt hurt that you will make up anything to make yourself fell better what makes you think where the same people and even if i wanted to make an alt. account i couldnt if you try it always brings me back to "our records show you already have an account under so and so" so how bout you stop making up lies ok hell your just an overload dc fan who dosent know shit about mk also none of your so called supporters said he clears so your wrong again. And im an idiot ok so thats why im in college straight A's and your busy flipping burgers.

TrevorPhillipss
wow your an idiot me and ferret are always on at the same time you idiot so explain that is arguement is still stronger than yours mister i cant give a feat I can actually prove were different but your so butt hurt that you will make up anything to make yourself fell better what makes you think where the same people and even if i wanted to make an alt. account i couldnt if you try it always brings me back to "our records show you already have an account under so and so" so how bout you stop making up lies ok hell your just an overload dc fan who dosent know shit about mk also none of your so called supporters said he clears so your wrong again. And im an idiot ok so thats why im in college straight A's and your busy flipping burgers. Calm down Ferret, don't be so defensive, I only said that next time you double account to support someone try to make it more subtle.

battlemaster161
Calm down Ferret, don't be so defensive, I only said that next time you double account to support someone try to make it more subtle. I dont have a double account if you looked at ferrets profile you would see he has been on for a long time even before this was made and can you explain how we are on at the same time no didnt think so. Also I made my account first

TrevorPhillipss
I dont have a double account if you looked at ferrets profile you would see he has been on for a long time even before this was made and can you explain how we are on at the same time no didnt think so. Also I made my account first Dude shut up ferret it's not funny anymore

battlemaster161
Dude shut up ferret it's not funny anymore Its people like this that makes all the other countries think were stupid.

TrevorPhillipss
Its people like this that makes all the other countries think were stupid. Says the person who couldn't come up with a convincing argument and had to double account to support himself laughing laughing

I am Vegeta
TrevorPhillipss and Battlemaster y'all both dumb asses why even argue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.