Akuma vs Demon King Piccolo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
To the death in empty Kansas

dadudemon
Originally posted by juggerman
To the death in empty Kansas

As I posted in another thread, King Piccolo stated that he could destroy the whole planet (earth). Since he was significantly stronger than Roshi and Roshi could destroy the moon, it stands to reason that he really could have destroyed the earth.

Akuma, from what I remember, is a city buster, at best. Possibly multi-city buster. It is difficult to remember all of his feats because I feel he is irrelevant these days. uhuh

Q99
King Piccolo could've just been talking about killing off the surface. Earth is waaay bigger than the moon (and the DB moon feat is the most inconsistent in the whole series).

Originally posted by dadudemon

Akuma, from what I remember, is a city buster, at best. Possibly multi-city buster. It is difficult to remember all of his feats because I feel he is irrelevant these days. uhuh

Highest end version of Akuma:

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/2118/159327-506297_shinakuma_end_super_super.jpg

Galan007
Piccolo>Roshi=moon-buster>Akuma.

Imho.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
King Piccolo could've just been talking about killing off the surface. Earth is waaay bigger than the moon (and the DB moon feat is the most inconsistent in the whole series).

I don't believe it is inconsistant.

The dragonballs were used to wish back the moon. The dragonballs are a reflection of the current "Guardian's" powers. Granted. Kami was stronger than King Piccolo because when Goku defeated King Piccolo, he went to Kami's tower to train for 3 years and Kami-Popo were both stronger than Goku.

But, destroying and restoring the moon are seen as parallel, for some reason. Defeating Nappa and Vegeta, with the dragonballs, however, was not within the Dragon's power (they tried that wish).

What I am saying, is: destroying the moon and things the size of the earth appear to be a sub-2000 (or 3000) power level feat for Dragonball.

It took almost everything Roshi had to destroy the moon, however: he said he was almost completely drained after doing it.

I believe I calculated that the earth is ~82 times more massive than the moon, a while back.

Originally posted by Q99
Highest end version of Akuma:

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/2118/159327-506297_shinakuma_end_super_super.jpg

I don't know how much of that is visual and how much of that could be destructive. Since that comet/asteroid busting appears to be mostly visual (or else everyone would have died in that general area caught in that visual blast area), looks like the comet/asteroid would have been a multi-city buster.

Edit - But, I would add that Akuma may be faster than King Piccolo. He may also have the strength reguired to damage KP, as well. That would make this a stomp in favor of Akuma regardless of the destruction KP can put out.

Yamcha
I wonder how DKP would be affected by the shun goku satsu :0?

juggerman
Should i have gone weaker than Piccolo?

carver9
Akuma isn't faster than Picollo or stronger imo.

Q99
King Piccolo looked tired after a simple city-destroying attack at one point.

And no feat of destruction compares until far later... unless we assume that the DB moon is much smaller and more fragile than ours. Blowing up the moon just seems oddly easy in DB.

Esomark
Unfortunately, the asteroid busting feat isn't canon since it's from a dream match. Thing is, most of Akuma's feats have been done while holding back so he can still handle a good amount of opposition without that feat. He can beat pretty much any character from One Piece (His ki should have a similar effect haki has for logia users), Naruto (Except for Kurama, Gyuki, and Juubi), and Bleach individually.

Originally posted by Yamcha
I wonder how DKP would be affected by the shun goku satsu :0?

Considering the atrocities Piccolo Daimao has done, his soul would be destroyed by it. If Daimao wants to pull off a win, he'd better avoid CQC with Akuma.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
King Piccolo looked tired after a simple city-destroying attack at one point.

He didn't, actually. He was the exact opposite. He acted like it was a minor issue before stating he could destroy the whole planet:

Here he is, right as the city is destroyed:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/dragon_ball/v11/c150/7.html

Here they are after the city is destroyed:
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/dragon_ball/v11/c150/8.html

And here King Piccolo is stating that he could destroy the entire planet, if he wanted to, while not looking like he was tired, even slightly:
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/dragon_ball/v11/c150/9.html

Is your mind changed or do you still hold that the moon busting feat was inconsistent?

Q99
Ok, so he wasn't tired... but no, the Moon in still massively inconsistent. That's the biggest non-moon destruction feat he did (which was less thorough than Nappa's).

And 'destroying the world' could involve just going around and killing everyone on it.

I don't think you realize just how big our moon is. An attack literally a million times stronger than city-busting would be like unto nothing to the Moon. Nor would an attack that blows the atmosphere of the Earth off (destroying the world by most people's standards!) be near sufficient to destroy it.

Galan007
I think KP's comment holds weight. After all, he busted a city for show-- that blast certainly didn't represent the sum total of his energy output. You must also consider the fact that certain/most energy attacks can greatly amplify their user's PL(some much more than others), which essentially makes base PLs moot when we start talking about energy attacks.

Heck, look at Piccolo's SBC. Piccolo himself had a PL of 408 when he fought Radditz. His first SBC had a PL of 1,330-- this represents a power increase of 225.9%!

Aside from that, if KP weren't capable of vastly exceeding Roshi's moon-busting feat, I highly doubt that he would have been so effing terrified of his power. /shrug

Q99
Ah, I found what I was talking about, a bit later on, he does another city-buster and is tired out by that one.

I do think the closer to one's claim someone has shown, the more weight it holds. KP hasn't done 1% of his claim. He hasn't done 0.1%.

He has, in fact, not done 0.0001% of his claim.

Planets are *tough*. Moons are *big*.

But Roshi's power in every other occasion is simply massively out of sync with that one. He, too, has been tired out by far less.

Every feat in DB combined, minus the moon thing, is far, far closer to what I can do than it is to blowing up a moon, scale wise.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
Ok, so he wasn't tired... but no, the Moon in still massively inconsistent. That's the biggest non-moon destruction feat he did (which was less thorough than Nappa's).

And 'destroying the world' could involve just going around and killing everyone on it.

It could...but it requires too many assumptions, at that point, to make that claim. Since, by that point, much weaker characters are definitely capable of destroying the moon, it requires fewer assumptions to conclude that a far stronger character could destroy the earth.

Originally posted by Q99
I don't think you realize just how big our moon is.

You're telling me this: a former student who maintained a 4.0 at University who was studying for astrophysics?

Lemme put it another way: you're telling me, the poster who calculated how much more massive the Earth is than the moon (about 82 times...a bit less).

Originally posted by Q99
Ah, I found what I was talking about, a bit later on, he does another city-buster and is tired out by that one.

Don't you think you're taking that out of context?

King Piccolo had no long period of rest since even the scans I used. He had been fighting against people for quite a bit, by that point, including Goku. Does it not make more sense that he has used up a lot of energy fighting Goku than it does a blast that falls into his casual range? You'd be correct if he said, "I am really tired after that last blast, but.."

Or...

"You are really tired after that last blast..." if Goku had said it.

Originally posted by Q99
I do think the closer to one's claim someone has shown, the more weight it holds. KP hasn't done 1% of his claim. He hasn't done 0.1%.

We don't need him to: Master Roshi already did it. And Piccolo easily destroyed the moon, too, a bit later on (and he wasn't that much more powerful than King Piccolo, at that point).

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99

He has, in fact, not done 0.0001% of his claim. You could say the same thing about most characters in DBZ, though.

Tbh these discussions mostly boil down to logical power scaling. After all, only a few characters in DB/DBZ/DBGT have actually destroyed a planet on panel. We *saw* base Frieza do it. We *saw* Kid Buu do it. Does that mean no other characters throughout the whole of Dragonball were capable of destroying a planet? Obviously not. That is where logical power scaling comes into play: we can assume such a feat is still within the ability of a shit-ton of characters, despite them never having preformed a feat on that scale.

Where KP is concerned, it's like I said before: given Roshi's confirmed status as an insta-moon-buster, it's logical to assume KP was capable of unleashing a vastly more devastating blast, as Roshi was literally frightened of his power. If Roshi were capable of launching a more potent blast than KP, he wouldn't have been worried.

Whether you agree or not, certainly you can see where I'm coming from..?

Originally posted by Q99
But Roshi's power in every other occasion is simply massively out of sync with that one. He, too, has been tired out by far less.

Every feat in DB combined, minus the moon thing, is far, far closer to what I can do than it is to blowing up a moon, scale wise. I'm fairly sure that the only time we ever saw Roshi use a full power kamehameha was when he destroyed the moon... So I don't think you can call it out of sync for him in that regard.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Galan007
I think KP's comment holds weight. After all, he busted a city for show-- that blast certainly didn't represent the sum total of his energy output. You must also consider the fact that certain/most energy attacks can greatly amplify their user's PL(some much more than others), which essentially makes base PLs moot when we start talking about energy attacks.

Heck, look at Piccolo's SBC. Piccolo himself had a PL of 408 when he fought Radditz. His first SBC had a PL of 1,330-- this represents a power increase of 225.9%!

Aside from that, if KP weren't capable of vastly exceeding Roshi's moon-busting feat, I highly doubt that he would have been so effing terrified of his power. /shrug

I think it is worth noting that he was going to destroy each district "in an instant" and there were 43 or 41 (I don't remember) on earth. He would destroy the whole world in about 41 years. That's just the surface, however.

dadudemon
I'm fairly sure that the only time we ever saw Roshi use a full power kamehameha was when he destroyed the moon... So I don't think you can call it out of sync for him in that regard.

Full-power? Probably. But he did use one that destroyed a mountain early in the series.

Also, the early days of Dragonball had Bulma naked 3 or 4 times. I was a bit surprised. Did they have different rules for Manga back in the 80s? I do know that somewhere in the 90s, there was a law passed that changed how Manga could be distributed.

Q99
You could say the same thing about most characters in DBZ, though.

Not really, it stands out as the single most out-there difference between power and result in the whole series by a significant number of orders of magnitude, which says a lot.

I don't think you're quite getting just how out of line it is. Big numbers difference time here.

That's the thing: By power scaling, you can draw off the Frieza and Kid Buu examples. Frieza was, notably, literally millions of times stronger than the early-saga characters. By power scaling, the Roshi moon thing don't fit at all, it's completely 100% inconsistent with everything in Dragon Ball, and with the Frieza destruction feats.

Additionally I will note, even with Frieza, his planet destruction was not simply raw power, but a specific technique to destroy the 'core' which causes planets to explode. Frieza does not unleash power willy nilly to destroy a planet, he sinks a death ball down to the core, which then seems to cause a chain-reaction of some kind, judging by Namek and Planet Vegeta (which, btw, is the only reason that makes sense- most mangaka, sf writers, and so on, give their planets what I call 'fragile planet syndrome,' wherein they clearly have no idea just how tough planets are. Dragonball, is actually better than normal in this, in that it actually gives a specific mechanism for their fragility).

Hm, we could draw from this and simply say that moons have an even more fragile core that's relatively easy to pop...

I can see, but it's still silly to lean so heavily on such a clear outlier, which is an outlier to a huge extend.

Unless, that is, one either assume the core/chain reaction thing like above, or alternatively that the moon in DB is much much smaller or otherwise easier to destroy than ours.

I can call it out-of-sync with power scaling to what everyone does. Unless you're arguing that his full-power mode puts his power level into the tens of millions.

And he did do a full-power one when he put out the fires of fire mountain too, so yes, we have another example.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Not really, it stands out as the single most out-there difference between power and result in the whole series by a significant number of orders of magnitude, which says a lot.

I don't think you're quite getting just how out of line it is. Big numbers difference time here. No, I understand what you're saying. I just don't think you understand me.

My point is that several characters have made "I'm going to destroy this planet" comments. Only 2 have actually done so. Thus the believability of said comments ultimately comes down to writer intent: did Akira have that specific character recite that specific dialogue as a means to convey hyperbole, or fact? More times than not, I'd say fact(whether I agree with the claim or not.)

Typically if a character is speaking in hyperbole, we are informed of such later on in the story.

Originally posted by Q99
That's the thing: By power scaling, you can draw off the Frieza and Kid Buu examples. Frieza was, notably, literally millions of times stronger than the early-saga characters. Base Frieza was not millions of times stronger than early-saga characters. He wasn't even a million times stronger. He wasn't even a 3/4 of a million times stronger. Just saying...

Originally posted by Q99
By power scaling, the Roshi moon thing don't fit at all, it's completely 100% inconsistent with everything in Dragon Ball, and with the Frieza destruction feats. Whether you think it fits or not, the fact still remains that Roshi canonically destroyed the moon, yet he was still terrified of KP's power. This implies blatantly tells us that KP was capable of releasing a FAR more devastating attack, otherwise Roshi wouldn't have been worried.

Originally posted by Q99
Additionally I will note, even with Frieza, his planet destruction was not simply raw power, but a specific technique to destroy the 'core' which causes planets to explode. Frieza does not unleash power willy nilly to destroy a planet, he sinks a death ball down to the core, which then seems to cause a chain-reaction of some kind, judging by Namek and Planet Vegeta (which, btw, is the only reason that makes sense- most mangaka, sf writers, and so on, give their planets what I call 'fragile planet syndrome,' wherein they clearly have no idea just how tough planets are. Dragonball, is actually better than normal in this, in that it actually gives a specific mechanism for their fragility). The specific technique base Frieza used to destroy a planet doesn't change anything I've said. confused

Originally posted by Q99
Hm, we could draw from this and simply say that moons have an even more fragile core that's relatively easy to pop... Well yeah. I mean, destroying a moon-sized portion of the earth would be more difficult than destroying the moon itself. Why? Because the earth's composition(not factoring in the core) is denser than the moon's per cubic cm.

Point is: destroying a moon is, pound for pound, much easier than destroying a planet. A moon is proportional to space fluff, relative to a planet.

Originally posted by Q99
I can see, but it's still silly to lean so heavily on such a clear outlier, which is an outlier to a huge extend. I/we have every right to 'lean on' a canon feat. confused

Originally posted by Q99
I can call it out-of-sync with power scaling to what everyone does. You can't really call it out of sync, because the only time an early-saga character needed to destroy a moon(or something of proportional size) was when Roshi... Destroyed it.

It's not like other characters around Roshi's level ever tried, and failed, to do so. In Dragonball(especially early-saga Dragonball) there was never a need for feats of that magnitude-- the story focused exclusively on plot and fighting skill.

Q99

My point is that several characters have made "I'm going to destroy this planet" comments. Only 2 have actually done so. Thus the believability of said comments ultimately comes down to writer intent: did Akira have that specific character recite that specific dialogue as a means to convey hyperbole, or fact? More times than not, I'd say fact(whether I agree with the claim or not.)

Typically if a character is speaking in hyperbole, we are informed of such later on in the story.

Except that, as mentioned, the statements and all other feats are way, way, way out of line unless taking figuratively.

Far more devastating =/= silly more devastating.

Sure it does. If destroying a moon doesn't require much different power than destroying a city, then the other feats fall much more into line.

If one actually requires the power to blow up all that mass, *that's* when things get silly.

Not that much, not in real life.

Destroying a moon similar to ours is so much greater than destroying a city or any other DB feat it's either not even funny, or totally hilarious, depending on your POV.

A massively, massively inconsistent one.

Of course I can call it inconsistent. King Piccolo was tired after his second city-destroying blast.

The power requirement is literally billions of times greater than every other DB feat combined.

Lemme put it this way, you know anti-matter? One kilogram of anti-matter will create a 42 megaton explosion when it comes into contact with matter. Around the size of the blast of the biggest nuclear weapon easily, and easily enough to destroy a city. Bigger than King Piccolo's biggest blasts.

Let's say you had one billion kilograms of anti-matter. Let's say you put it on the moon.

Do you know what you would *not* have? A destroyed moon. You'd simply have a new crater on it, but it'd still be intact and floating there same as ever. That is how tough the moon is.

But they've tried and failed at far lesser things.

Heck, Roshi needed to *power up* to put out a mere fire in a mountain. His power-up form is insufficient to top King Piccolo,
so it's obviously under 260, or in other words it can, *maybe* double his power.

Needs to double his power to blow out fire on a mountain =/= blowing up the moon.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
I can see, but it's still silly to lean so heavily on such a clear outlier, which is an outlier to a huge extend.

But it is not an outlier.

Roshi: easily destroyed the moon.

King Piccolo who was much stronger than Roshi, claimed to be able to destroy the Earth.

Piccolo, who was a stronger than King Piccolo, easily destroyed the moon with just one hand.

Conclusion: King Piccolo, who claimed to be able to destroy the earth, is not an outlier.

If it were an outlier, then no one except Roshi would have a planet busting level feat (our moon is quite large: large enough to be a planet).

Edit - I just read your fragile core idea. I think you're onto something and that would explain quite a bit. Because, in the anime, when Kid Buu destroys the earth, it isn't a chain reaction and the earth seems to be vaporized, completely. That's significantly, as far as the physics work out, much much more powerful of a blast than the one Frieza used to destroy Vegeta. You may have swayed me to your sexy arguments. uhuh

However, I would note that this is just me conceding the fragile core idea. They still bust moons and planets. They just use a technique to accomplish that. It still counts.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Sure it does. If destroying a moon doesn't require much different power than destroying a city, then the other feats fall much more into line.

If one actually requires the power to blow up all that mass, *that's* when things get silly. Wait, what? You are the only person who has brought up the specific techniques used to destroy a planet. All I/we have said is that KP may have very well been able to to destroy a planet. I/we never commented on how he would go about doing so.

Originally posted by Q99
Not that much, not in real life. Lol, no.

The earth's density=5.5gm/cm3=88gm/in3. The moon's density= 3.3gm/cm3=53(rounded)gm/in3. This equates to a difference of 2.2gm/cm3=35gm/in3. This may not sound like much initially, but the moon's volume is roughly 1,769,688,578,747,235,840,712,536. Multiply that number by 53, and then multiply it by 88. That should help you numerically quantify the difference between destroying the moon, and destroying a moon-sized portion of the earth itself.

Suffice to say, the difference is vast. However, you're right in saying that the moon's core is more 'fragile'.

Originally posted by Q99
Destroying a moon similar to ours is so much greater than destroying a city or any other DB feat it's either not even funny, or totally hilarious, depending on your POV.No one argued if destroying the moon is more impressive than destroying a city. confused

However, we know Roshi was capable of moon-busting. We know KP was more powerful than Roshi-- to the point that Roshi was scared of him. Assuming that moon-busting(at the very least) wasn't in the realm of possibility for KP is to blatantly ignore canon facts.

Originally posted by Q99
A massively, massively inconsistent one.Inconsistent based on what? When did anyone else in DB try, and fail, to destroy something of equal size to the moon?

I say again: DB/DBZ/DBGT wasn't about racking up feats on an enormous scale-- that's why only 2 characters in the history of these series' have actually done so on panel.

Originally posted by Q99
Of course I can call it inconsistent. King Piccolo was tired after his second city-destroying blast.You cling to your perceived "inconsistencies", yet you call that a "consistent" showing? Interesting.

Anyway, I'll look into that scene myself, as it seems like some context might be missing. Don't know how else KP can go from casually destroying a city in one instant and being totally fine, to destroying a city in the next instant and being drained...

Originally posted by Q99
The power requirement is literally billions of times greater than every other DB feat combined.Perhaps he was talking about destroying the earth's core. Perhaps he was talking about destroying the earth with multiple blasts. Perhaps he was talking about one-shotting the earth. Who knows?

All I'm certain of is that he can release a more powerful attack than Roshi's moon-buster.

Originally posted by Q99
Lemme put it this way, you know anti-matter? One kilogram of anti-matter will create a 42 megaton explosion when it comes into contact with matter. Around the size of the blast of the biggest nuclear weapon easily, and easily enough to destroy a city. Bigger than King Piccolo's biggest blasts.

Let's say you had one billion kilograms of anti-matter. Let's say you put it on the moon.

Do you know what you would *not* have? A destroyed moon. You'd simply have a new crater on it, but it'd still be intact and floating there same as ever. That is how tough the moon is.I can appreciate the science/astrology refresher, but it doesn't pertain to anything I've said.

Originally posted by Q99
But they've tried and failed at far lesser things.

Heck, Roshi needed to *power up* to put out a mere fire in a mountain. His power-up form is insufficient to top King Piccolo,
so it's obviously under 260, or in other words it can, *maybe* double his power.

Needs to double his power to blow out fire on a mountain =/= blowing up the moon. C'mon. The fire feat happened WAY early in the series-- before Roshi had even started training Goku and Krillin, in fact.

That aside, the most recent feats=the most canon. We saw what a full power kamehameha from Roshi was capable of when he fought Goku. Unless a more recent showing contradicts it, then that showing takes precedence when talking about his potential.

ShadeSlayer15
And how do you know that the moons core is more fragile? science dosnt even prove that?

Galan007
Originally posted by ShadeSlayer15
And how do you know that the moons core is more fragile? In the real world: composition.
In fiction: the fact that it's fiction.

dadudemon
You cling to your perceived "inconsistencies", yet you call that a "consistent" showing? Interesting.

Anyway, I'll look into that scene myself, as it seems like some context might be missing. Don't know how else KP can go from casually destroying a city in one instant and being totally fine, to destroying a city in the next instant and being drained...

I replied to that line of reasoning, of Q99's, already:

Originally posted by dadudemon
Don't you think you're taking that out of context?

King Piccolo had no long period of rest since even the scans I used. He had been fighting against people for quite a bit, by that point, including Goku. Does it not make more sense that he has used up a lot of energy fighting Goku than it does a blast that falls into his casual range? You'd be correct if he said, "I am really tired after that last blast, but.."

Or...

"You are really tired after that last blast..." if Goku had said it.

Galan007
Cool, thanks. thumb up

ShadeSlayer15
In the real world: composition.
In fiction: the fact that it's fiction. that fact that its fiction? what does that have to do with anything, you mean your just assuming that and In real life composition don't mean shit, want to argue about space, planets and ect, better do your research

Galan007
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/EvandaChar/G1Impliedfacepalm.jpg

ShadeSlayer15
And once again, you put a pic or a smart ass comment to avoid the argument, nice one buddy, you have no basis for what you stated

Galan007
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/194/098/129011508889548810.jpg

Q99
The point is if planets/moons in DB are destroyed by techniques that don't require much *power*, and are rather exploiting a weakness, then they are not, for all of their flash, representative of the kind of energies one thinks of when one says 'planet busting,' in the sense the Death Star does it.

That is to say, if it's taking advantage of things by destroying a core or what have you, said moves would be ineffective against something as tough as a planet but without said weakness. Including planets that aren't set up that way.

It's inconsistent with the moon thing. If one has the power to destroy a moon, a million planet busting shots should leave one untired, rather than showing exertion after two.

I still don't think you guys are grasping the raw scale difference between that feat and everything else...

It's like the difference between having a superhuman runner be twice as fast as Usain Bolt, or a thousand times as fast as a bullet. If every runner in a series is shown as the former, then you suddenly have the latter, then it goes back to the former, it's an inconsistency.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
The point is if planets/moons in DB are destroyed by techniques that don't require much *power*, and are rather exploiting a weakness, then they are not, for all of their flash, representative of the kind of energies one thinks of when one says 'planet busting,' in the sense the Death Star does it.

That is to say, if it's taking advantage of things by destroying a core or what have you, said moves would be ineffective against something as tough as a planet but without said weakness. Including planets that aren't set up that way. Again: I/we never commented on the specific technique KP would use to destroy a planet... Just that he may have been able to do so. Like I said earlier, he might have been talking about destroying the planet's core, or destroying the planet with several blasts, or destroying the planet in a single 'death star-esque' attack. Who knows?

Releasing moon-busting++ energies, however, should have been well within KP's ability, given Roshi's reaction to his power-- and I don't think world-busting is entirely out of the question. That's all I'm saying.

Originally posted by Q99
It's inconsistent with the moon thing. If one has the power to destroy a moon, a million planet busting shots should leave one untired, rather than showing exertion after two. I think you meant city-busting shots?

Either way, in DBZ h2h fights(even short ones) drain moon/planet/solar system/galaxy-busters faster than anything else. So if KP was continuously engaged in h2h battles in between the two city-busting feats, as DDM said, that would explain why he was tired.

Originally posted by Q99
I still don't think you guys are grasping the raw scale difference between that feat and everything else... No, I grasp it just fine. I just don't find it inconsistent.

Just because most of the characters in DB(even some of the early-saga characters) can release high-end energy attacks, doesn't mean they need to do so in every single battle for us to know they can. That, again, is why only 2 characters in DB's 10+ year history have destroyed a planet on panel. Simply put: rarely ever does the plot in DB call for feats on that scale-- Akira was more concerned with storytelling then appeasing berserker fanboys.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
I still don't think you guys are grasping the raw scale difference between that feat and everything else...

I was fairly specific with how well I understood the scale difference between the Moon and the Earth. Isn't, "82 times more massive than the moon," specific enough? I mean, to me, that demonstrates that I have a firm grasp of that moon busting feat and an earth busting feat.

And if King Piccolo states he can destroy the land area of the earth by 1/41, with a casual blast, then, yeah, I am pretty sure King Piccolo could fire off thousands of those and be alright.

Seems there are different types of blasts for different types of occasions. This is not a new DB fan-theory, either. You have kind of hinted at it, already. The two types of blasts (there are four, actually) are those that intend to inflict the most harm against another character and those that intend to cause the most physical destruction. Concentrated explosions vs. showy explosions. The showy ones do the most physical damage and can also damage other characters, easily, too. But it has the bad side-effect of also blowing up a planet or more so they have to use the first kind which is the concentrated kind that does an absurd amount of damage in a very small contained area.

That's just a fan theory to explain Toriyama's clearly differing blast types. I believe he got a question like that in a Q and A before and his response was more something like, "I didn't put that much thought into it."

carver9
Every blast in DBZ doesn't have to blow up a planet for it to be>>>than planet busting. Collateral damage doesn't always dictate the amount of power being used...especially in DBZ.

Galan007
Absolutely correct. thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by carver9
Every blast in DBZ doesn't have to blow up a planet for it to be>>>than planet busting. Collateral damage doesn't always dictate the amount of power being used...especially in DBZ.

Indeed.

ShadeSlayer15
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/194/098/129011508889548810.jpg lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.