Sentry vs Gorr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Gorr vs

1.Sentry at peak No Void

2.Sentry at peak Void

Who takes this?

Tony Stark
SENTRY dominates

ShadowFyre
Gorr easily.

ShadowFyre
Forgot that Sentry can reform himself so Gorr can kill him repeatedly. The Void beat the Avengers. Gorr killed every Skyfather and God that he came across. Manhandled Thor and Old king Thor (basically Odin) and young Thor. Sentry and Void got killed by....One Thor (debateable but still happened).

Damborgson
Originally posted by Tony Stark
SENTRY dominates

http://images.apparently-not.com/gif/ryanblank.gif

RockofAges
Sentry destroys

the Darkone
Gorr has a new lap dog

Insane Titan
Lol Gorr wins both

dial J for Josh
1. Gorr
2. Probably Gorr after a good battle.

tkitna
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
1. Gorr

this

pym-ftw
1. Gorr
thumb up

h1a8
Those who say Gorr wins doesn't read comics. Sentry at peak was greater than MM and can reform instantly from molecular disintigration and can overpower MM as well. There is no way Gorr could permenantly kill Sentry (if at all). Sentry at peak would spite stomp Gorr and disintegrate him.

Warlord
gorr

h1a8
Originally posted by Warlord
gorr

Originally posted by h1a8
Those who say Gorr wins doesn't read comics. Sentry at peak was greater than MM and can reform instantly from molecular disintigration and can overpower MM as well. There is no way Gorr could permenantly kill Sentry (if at all). Sentry at peak would spite stomp Gorr and disintegrate him.

Warlord
look permamnet kill means nothing in a forum fight.
the kill is all that matters.
Otherwise who would you pick in a fight between Superman and Mr Immortal?

Silver_Lantern
sentry stomps in both battle

LeonBuco666
A kill is a kill in a forum fight its counts as a win so when gorr kills sentry once, he wins, when kills him agaim he wins twice when he kills him three times he wins three times, sentry loses the first and void has a good fight but succumbs to the god butcher

tkitna

This is a forum battle. While the Sentry may and probably will come back instantly, make no mistake about it, he will be the one dying first.

Gorr every time.

tkitna
Oh I see thats been covered already. laughing out loud

LeonBuco666
Yup

dial J for Josh

Lol I dont read comics? Sentry is my favorite character and I am not a biased person, but can actually tell you that bob loses here. Playing abc logic is the worst thing you can do in a fight. With this logic Sentry should easily kill Thanos, WBH, Odin, or any other ridiculously powerful being. While Sentrys matter manipulation is cool and impressive, it was a one off and no one truly knows the boundaries of that particular power. There may be certain instances where he is able to utilize that specific power set or what not. But no one really knows until it is further expanded upon by which ever writer chooses to do so. So as much as I love Sentry he is not going to destroy a guy who was making skyfathers look more free than foodstamps.

Cogito
and I am not a biased person

Not to take away from your point, which is all well and good, but this is crap. Everyone is biased. Some people flaunt it more than others, some people even try to hide it by deliberately picking against their favoritism, but everyone has it.

More than simply favoring one side versus another, merely knowing more about one provides a basis for bias. After all, how can anyone claim to be unbiased without knowing everything there is to know about everything?

Anyways, continue on.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Cogito
Not to take away from your point, which is all well and good, but this is crap. Everyone is biased.
Speak for yoself!

I'm not biased... Btw Thor wins.

Yes I know it's a Sentry vs Gorr thread.

cool

Cogito
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Speak for yoself!

I'm not biased... Btw Thor wins.

Yes I know it's a Sentry vs Gorr thread.

cool

Thor did win thumb up

Enzeru
Lol I dont read comics? Sentry is my favorite character and I am not a biased person, but can actually tell you that bob loses here. Playing abc logic is the worst thing you can do in a fight. With this logic Sentry should easily kill Thanos, WBH, Odin, or any other ridiculously powerful being. While Sentrys matter manipulation is cool and impressive, it was a one off and no one truly knows the boundaries of that particular power. There may be certain instances where he is able to utilize that specific power set or what not. But no one really knows until it is further expanded upon by which ever writer chooses to do so. So as much as I love Sentry he is not going to destroy a guy who was making skyfathers look more free than foodstamps.

Who would win a fight: Superman or Hulk?

Most of the people side with Superman, due to his versatility and more so his speed, which totally leaves the Hulk behind. He does not operate as fast as Superman does, when they're fighting at their best.
Does Hulk have the feats to compete with Superman? Sure, hell he even has feats to surpass Superman, but in the end of the day he is still slower and loses the fight, because of that.

And now here we have Sentry versus Gorr... Who would win in that fight <___>

We have the Sentry, who is overall a much, much, much faster character than Thor and Gorr. He would outpace Gorr big time, if fighting at his peak. And it wouldn't even need to be a physical combat.
Sentry has the power of the molecule manipulation. People like to say that his molecular powers are hard to judge, but he realized that he has them by the end of the Dark Avengers comics and from that point on he already used them few times. Once as the Sentry to defeat the Molecule Man, someone who is more powerful than skyfathers - as the Void he erased alien tech from the existence and also used it to kill Loki.
All that in few issues, since there didn't come out all too much between Dark Avengers #13 and Siege #4, where he could have used it. So he basically never had the time to use more of it, but when he used it, he did work with it.

I give Sentry the win in this fight.
Yes, Gorr is impressive, but he can't compete with a peak Sentry, who destroys planets, while still holding back, erases the memories of everyone, no matter how strong their resistances are, easily overpowers beings, who are above skyfathers, and even in a weakened state stalemates WW Hulk and the Collective, who easily defeated Binary, who is a planet buster as well.

Hell, the Absorbing Man, who always gave Thor a fight and even absorbed Odin's powers without problems was impressed by a fraction of Sentry's power and saying that he never felt power like that before and that it's amazing to feel like a god, but then when Sentry cut loose, he easily overloaded the Absorbing Man.
That feat is INSANE.

He bullrushed through Doctor Doom's force fields, which protected him from an amped up Captain Britain and sent him flying across the planet, deflected Thor's hammer, protected him from the Watchers attacks, from Galactus' attacks and hell even from Thanos, who had the Infinity Gauntlet at that point.

Hell, Sentry even DESTROYED the Void in a brawl, who made Thor look like a sissy and was just about to rip him apart, before Osborn called him off. The Void, who broke the Hulk in a matter of seconds and stomped multiple Marvel teams at once.

Sentry is a God damn monster, when it comes to upper limits of showings and overall power.

the Darkone
Gorr was killing Gods, Hell lords for fun. Sentry defeated MM yes; here the thing Owen wanted to lose big difference, who hasn't beaten a passive MM. MM beings serious would have rage stomp Sentry, his evil persona would have scatter Sentry atoms across the Multiverse.

At peak Gorr was High Sky Father level and took on low Sky Father in King Thor, High Herald in current Thor and mid to low level Herald in young Thor in the heart of a sun and came out victorious. Sentry fighting that same team would have gotten a$$ raped.

Gorr wins

carver9
Everyone doesn't think Superman beats Hulk. That is a debatable argument. As far as Sentry vs Gorr goes, I honestly think this is a good fight. Gorr didn't come close to treating Thor the way Sentry did.

ShadowFyre
Gorr was also playing with each Thor when he fought them one on one. More intent on torture. He fought three of them at once. And for everyone saying how much faster Sentry is. Yes he is faster but in the God Butcher arc Old Thor sent Gorr light years away with a single blast and then him and present Thor flew there in a few seconds. And at s they were flying at beyond light speed, Gorr then percieved them and started throwing chunks of the moon at them. And if the side effect of regular physical attacks were breaking worlds thousands of miles away and shaking the stars, meaning plural meaning stars themselves are usually light years away from each other then I do not see Sentry doing anything close to physically replicate any of those feats outside of flying light years in a few seconds.

And as much as everybody would like to wank Sentry, it is not Gorr that is the problem it is the Necrosword, a weapon capable of creating billions of possibly low herald level beings. And since plenty of SkyFathers have been shown having a greater degree of matter manipulation than Sentry. I highly doubt he is just going to turn the Necrosword into a cupcake like you all wish he could. So put that in your molecular manipulating pipes and smoke it.

h1a8
Lol I dont read comics? Sentry is my favorite character and I am not a biased person, but can actually tell you that bob loses here. Playing abc logic is the worst thing you can do in a fight. With this logic Sentry should easily kill Thanos, WBH, Odin, or any other ridiculously powerful being. While Sentrys matter manipulation is cool and impressive, it was a one off and no one truly knows the boundaries of that particular power. There may be certain instances where he is able to utilize that specific power set or what not. But no one really knows until it is further expanded upon by which ever writer chooses to do so. So as much as I love Sentry he is not going to destroy a guy who was making skyfathers look more free than foodstamps. If you read the stipulations then you would see that we can use Sentry at his highest.
That means MM level. And yes Sentry at that level could easily disintegrate any skyfather with ease.

And you are not thinking correctly. Assume Sentry didn't attack at all. Then how would Gordon permanently put him down? Sentry would just reform at will.

the Darkone
Sentry beat a passive MM who wanted to lose on purpose, Sentry is no where near sky father level at his peak at best trans level, Gorr will gut Sentry and used his bones to pick his teeth. Gorr killed a God that was wrestling black holes for fun, hell Gorr killed a Elder God also!!

Enzeru
Originally posted by the Darkone
Sentry beat a passive MM who wanted to lose on purpose, Sentry is no where near sky father level at his peak at best trans level, Gorr will gut Sentry and used his bones to pick his teeth. Gorr killed a God that was wrestling black holes for fun, hell Gorr killed a Elder God also!!

You see, that's non-sense.

When it comes to the Sentry / Void during the Siege arc he actually wanted to lose. He told the Avengers to kill him and and later on in the Sun, he kept himself from resurrecting fully to save everyone from the Void.

Brian Michael Bendis, the writer of the Siege event confirmed that. He confirmed that Sentry was only defeated, because he wanted to die in the end.

When it comes to Molecule Man, that's not the case. Did he at any point say that he wanted to die? He immediately killed the Sentry at the beginning and reformed him back, to tell him that he has to kill him, otherwise Sentry might hurt him. He then killed him again.
Later on when Ms. Hand made a deal with him, he brought everyone back - including the Sentry, but at that point Sentry already had realized how the stuff was working and he attacked the Molecule Man, WHO FOUGHT BACK and tried to kill the Sentry yet again, but the Sentry reformed back immediately after and overwhelmed Molecule Man with sheer power.

Molecule Man was fighting all the way until the very end, where he was helpless, asking the Sentry how he is doing what he was doing to him. Telling the Sentry that he is the one, who controls the molecules and in the end the Sentry forced him to restore everything back, that he has done.

Where in hells name did you see Molecule Man wanting to lose there? I for sure didn't. He straight up got overwhelmed and Brian Michael Bendis - the writer of that arc also never said anything about Molecule Man wanting to die, but... he did say that Molecule Man was not depowered at that point.

With all of that being said:
I know what you have in mind, when you say that he wanted to lose - it's because his own imaginations told him that he subconsiously wants to fail, but the thing is when Molecule Man has such kinds of "mental limitations" he doesn't lose on purpose, or depower himself - his only limitation then is that he has major problem with organic matter. In my opinion that's also why he wasn't able to transform Daken properly, but at the same time he easily took care of everyone else, so not even that limitation was really present.

Summary:
Sentry at his best straight up defeated the Molecule Man, who is power-level-wise above Skyfathers.
Thanks to Sentry's molecule manipulation his power output and his overall versatility are too much for Gorr.

the Darkone
Sentry defeated a MM who wanted to lose which was stated on panel, second Sentry never used that ability ever again after that story arch. Sentry at peak with void is a solid trans level.

Peak MM would rape Sentry for all Eternity at his peak his battle with Beyonder would have collapse the Multi-verse on top of each other as a side affect, Peak Molecule or Evil Molecule Man was way above top abstracts like Eternity, Infinity, The Infinities etc. A passive MM has gotten his a$$ kicked more times than Darkseid which was PIS.

Lets not get carried away, Gorr was killing Gods, Hell Lords for fun; took on three Thor's that would have raped Sentry like a red headed step child, defeated a God that wrestled black holes for fun, and hell he was f**king with King Thor to the point his Thor-Force was diminished him to Low Sky Father or High trans levels. Sentry would have emotional breakdown trying to kill Thor, and before you know he is with the other remaining Gods building a new God bomb.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Enzeru
Who would win a fight: Superman or Hulk?

Most of the people side with Superman, due to his versatility and more so his speed, which totally leaves the Hulk behind. He does not operate as fast as Superman does, when they're fighting at their best.
Does Hulk have the feats to compete with Superman? Sure, hell he even has feats to surpass Superman, but in the end of the day he is still slower and loses the fight, because of that.

And now here we have Sentry versus Gorr... Who would win in that fight <___>

We have the Sentry, who is overall a much, much, much faster character than Thor and Gorr. He would outpace Gorr big time, if fighting at his peak. And it wouldn't even need to be a physical combat.
Sentry has the power of the molecule manipulation. People like to say that his molecular powers are hard to judge, but he realized that he has them by the end of the Dark Avengers comics and from that point on he already used them few times. Once as the Sentry to defeat the Molecule Man, someone who is more powerful than skyfathers - as the Void he erased alien tech from the existence and also used it to kill Loki.
All that in few issues, since there didn't come out all too much between Dark Avengers #13 and Siege #4, where he could have used it. So he basically never had the time to use more of it, but when he used it, he did work with it.

I give Sentry the win in this fight.
Yes, Gorr is impressive, but he can't compete with a peak Sentry, who destroys planets, while still holding back, erases the memories of everyone, no matter how strong their resistances are, easily overpowers beings, who are above skyfathers, and even in a weakened state stalemates WW Hulk and the Collective, who easily defeated Binary, who is a planet buster as well.

Hell, the Absorbing Man, who always gave Thor a fight and even absorbed Odin's powers without problems was impressed by a fraction of Sentry's power and saying that he never felt power like that before and that it's amazing to feel like a god, but then when Sentry cut loose, he easily overloaded the Absorbing Man.
That feat is INSANE.

He bullrushed through Doctor Doom's force fields, which protected him from an amped up Captain Britain and sent him flying across the planet, deflected Thor's hammer, protected him from the Watchers attacks, from Galactus' attacks and hell even from Thanos, who had the Infinity Gauntlet at that point.

Hell, Sentry even DESTROYED the Void in a brawl, who made Thor look like a sissy and was just about to rip him apart, before Osborn called him off. The Void, who broke the Hulk in a matter of seconds and stomped multiple Marvel teams at once.

Sentry is a God damn monster, when it comes to upper limits of showings and overall power. So taking everything you say at face value...

Sentry > Galactus, Thanos with the IG, and Odin?

Enzeru
Sentry defeated a MM who wanted to lose which was stated on panel, second Sentry never used that ability ever again after that story arch. Sentry at peak with void is a solid trans level.

1. It was never stated on panel, that Molecule Man wanted to lose. He was fighting until the end, but in the end he was helpless, when the Sentry attacked him.

2. Sentry (later on as the Void) used his molecule manipulation to destroy a Kree weapon and to kill Loki. Recently he used it to stop Mjolnir from hitting him.

3. Sentry at peak with Void doesn't even matter, because the Sentry is more powerful than the Void and not otherwise.

In the rest of your post there is even more weird stuff and I'm not going to waste my time adressing that nonsense.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
So taking everything you say at face value...

Wait you forgot Elder Gods, Many Angel Ones, the Watchers, Cube Beings, Celestials. But Sentry/Void was hurt by Norn Stones and phucked up by a Hellcarrier wink

the Darkone
1. It was never stated on panel, that Molecule Man wanted to lose. He was fighting until the end, but in the end he was helpless, when the Sentry attacked him.

2. Sentry (later on as the Void) used his molecule manipulation to destroy a Kree weapon and to kill Loki. Recently he used it to stop Mjolnir from hitting him.

3. Sentry at peak with Void doesn't even matter, because the Sentry is more powerful than the Void and not otherwise.

In the rest of your post there is even more weird stuff and I'm not going to waste my time adressing that nonsense.

First of all was talking to you; I was make a general statement.

And Like I care what you think!!

DarkOdin
I give it to Sentry

Gorr had trouble handling Young Thor

Then much latter in the arc he has to amp to get enough power to fight King Thor.

IMO Unless Gorr has acces to gods blood to amp himself he is only low- mid-herald

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Everyone doesn't think Superman beats Hulk. That is a debatable argument. As far as Sentry vs Gorr goes, I honestly think this is a good fight. Gorr didn't come close to treating Thor the way Sentry did.
Supes beats Hulk.

h1a8

Peak MM would rape Sentry for all Eternity at his peak his battle with Beyonder would have collapse the Multi-verse on top of each other as a side affect, Peak Molecule or Evil Molecule Man was way above top abstracts like Eternity, Infinity, The Infinities etc. A passive MM has gotten his a$$ kicked more times than Darkseid which was PIS.

Lets not get carried away, Gorr was killing Gods, Hell Lords for fun; took on three Thor's that would have raped Sentry like a red headed step child, defeated a God that wrestled black holes for fun, and hell he was f**king with King Thor to the point his Thor-Force was diminished him to Low Sky Father or High trans levels. Sentry would have emotional breakdown trying to kill Thor, and before you know he is with the other remaining Gods building a new God bomb. If MM wanted to lose then why the hell did he kill Sentry? And be surprised like hell when Sentry reformed? This proves he wanted Sentry dead and was shocked to see him come back.

Second MM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any skyfather in existence. The mere fact that Sentry overpowered him proves Sentry >>>>>>>Skyfathers too.

Let's assume that Sentry isn't above MM. Then how would Gorr kill him when Sentry can just reform?

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
So taking everything you say at face value...

If MM is then Sentry is
If MM isn't then Sentry neccesarily isn't.

the Darkone
I wish people read comics in context, is MM above sky fathers yes but if he is passive and not going all out he will lose period. I mean hell Dr Doom thrashed MM with a sneak attack, now what we believe Dr Doom can defeat a Cube Being hell phucking. MM wanted to lose he wanted to be punish, he put a fight but wasn't like ape sh** about it lets be real here, even low end MM would have slaughter Sentry over and over.

To say Sentry is above a Sky Father like Odin, Zeus, Dormammu and Elder Gods like Atum, Set Chthon and Gaea because he defeated MM is phucking stupid, even that being typed shows stupidity and not comprehending; hell Donald Blake KO MM now we can say Blake can beat MM or any Cube Being, phuck NO.

If Sentry was that powerful than he shouldn't have gotten punked by the norn stones, Thor lighting strikes and later by the helcarrier. Is it possible Sentry powers invulnerability are similar to Mr. Immortal who can be killed but will come right back to life doesn't make you above sky father.

A passive MM is a push over and that's a fact, but a really serious MM and his high end version of MM would have raped Sentry. High End MM is above cosmic abstracts.

If this is Gorr at peak height of his powers; he will kill Sentry over and over.

h1a8
I wish people read comics in context, is MM above sky fathers yes but if he is passive and not going all out he will lose period. I mean hell Dr Doom thrashed MM with a sneak attack, now what we believe Dr Doom can defeat a Cube Being hell phucking. MM wanted to lose he wanted to be punish, he put a fight but wasn't like ape sh** about it lets be real here, even low end MM would have slaughter Sentry over and over.

To say Sentry is above a Sky Father like Odin, Zeus, Dormammu and Elder Gods like Atum, Set Chthon and Gaea because he defeated MM is phucking stupid, even that being typed shows stupidity and not comprehending; hell Donald Blake KO MM now we can say Blake can beat MM or any Cube Being, phuck NO.

If Sentry was that powerful than he shouldn't have gotten punked by the norn stones, Thor lighting strikes and later by the helcarrier. Is it possible Sentry powers invulnerability are similar to Mr. Immortal who can be killed but will come right back to life doesn't make you above sky father.

A passive MM is a push over and that's a fact, but a really serious MM and his high end version of MM would have raped Sentry. High End MM is above cosmic abstracts.

If this is Gorr at peak height of his powers; he will kill Sentry over and over. It's how he defeated MM that proves it.

Also how could Gorr win if Sentry can just keep reforming?

Tony Stark

If this is Gorr at peak height of his powers; he will kill Sentry over and over.

Again, you're making no sense... If MM was trying to kill SENTRY how was he fighting passively...? confused

SENTRY>SkyFather

Get used to it.

the Darkone
Again, you're making no sense... If MM was trying to kill SENTRY how was he fighting passively...? confused

SENTRY>SkyFather

Get used to it.

NO

ShadowFyre
so using everyones logic here based on who beat who.

Gorr> 3 Thors> Thor> Helicarrier> Sentry> Molecule Man>Abstracts> Skyfathers> Trans> Heralds.

Makes perfect sense.

I bet Sentry would not last seventeen minutes of torture by Gorr.. Little lone the seventeen days Thor did.

the Darkone
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
so using everyones logic here based on who beat who.

Gorr> 3 Thors> Thor> Helicarrier> Sentry> Molecule Man>Abstracts> Skyfathers> Trans> Heralds.

Makes perfect sense.

I bet Sentry would not last seventeen minutes of torture by Gorr.. Little lone the seventeen days Thor did.

MM is one of the most inconsistent because how powerful he is; you have to look at the body of work over the years, because Sentry beat him, now Sentry can beat Sky Fathers which is stupid as hell. Thor defeated a Hungrey Galactus, harmed a the most powerful Celestial in Exitar; but that doesn't he can beat them unless it's PIS. Which is the case with Sentry beating MM, it was pure PIS.

It's more like Abstracts>/= Many Angel Ones> Cube Beings> Elder Gods> Gorr at bests>Skyfathers/Hell Lords/ Demon Lords> 3 Thors> Thor> Helicarrier> Sentry wink

People overplay Sentry beating a passive cube being in MM who has know to lose when he's not so suppose too. I mean hell Thor hurt the Chaos King with his lighting and his lieutenant Glory;where as Sentry got punked by norn stones then gets a helicarrier dropped on his head.

Gorr at his peak was killing Gods, sky fathers, hell lords and a Elder God; Sentry will be crying bloody murder when Gorr torture him for one day.

celeyhyga17
^ What he said.

h1a8
MM is one of the most inconsistent because how powerful he is; you have to look at the body of work over the years, because Sentry beat him, now Sentry can beat Sky Fathers which is stupid as hell. Thor defeated a Hungrey Galactus, harmed a the most powerful Celestial in Exitar; but that doesn't he can beat them unless it's PIS. Which is the case with Sentry beating MM, it was pure PIS.

It's more like Abstracts>/= Many Angel Ones> Cube Beings> Elder Gods> Gorr at bests>Skyfathers/Hell Lords/ Demon Lords> 3 Thors> Thor> Helicarrier> Sentry wink

People overplay Sentry beating a passive cube being in MM who has know to lose when he's not so suppose too. I mean hell Thor hurt the Chaos King with his lighting and his lieutenant Glory;where as Sentry got punked by norn stones then gets a helicarrier dropped on his head.

Gorr at his peak was killing Gods, sky fathers, hell lords and a Elder God; Sentry will be crying bloody murder when Gorr torture him for one day. This is not low ball Sentry or even average Sentry but rather Sentry at his highest showing ever (per stipulations). Now if it was a regular thread then you would have a point.

Bottom line : How is Gorr going to beat someone who can just reform?

the Darkone
^ What he said.

Everybody is d**k riding the blonde head case, I wouldn't trust Sentry with a potatoe gun

celeyhyga17
Everybody is d**k riding the blonde head case, I wouldn't trust Sentry with a potatoe gun
Me too..

Now stop riding Gorr's d**k!
big grin

Damborgson

SENTRY>SkyFather

Get used to it.

This logic...I like it. Thor > Abstracts. He's killed one after all.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
thumb up

Silver Surfer>IG Rune. Superman, well he's done too many things like that.

Damborgson
Originally posted by abhilegend
thumb up

Silver Surfer>IG Rune. Superman, well he's done too many things like that.

Superman is at least on the same level as soul fire Darkseid. thumb up Canon.

Enzeru
MM is one of the most inconsistent because how powerful he is

Man, you're really stupid. I don't think that anyone should reply to you and I'm just doing it, because I'm as stupid as you are.

So you saying that Molecule Man is so powerful that it's making him inconsistent is legit, but when "the Sentry loses to a Helicarrier" that determines the power level of that character? LoL.

Thor defeated a Hungrey Galactus, harmed a the most powerful Celestial in Exitar; but that doesn't he can beat them unless it's PIS. Which is the case with Sentry beating MM, it was pure PIS.

First of all... "Thor defeated a hungry Galactus"? What's wrong with you man? Are you talking about the encounter, where he came bullrushing and smacked Galactus' head? Didn't you see what happened afterwards? Galactus casually put Thor away.

Why is it PIS that Sentry defeated the Molecule Man? That has nothing to do with PIS. It was a part of the storyline - it was a crucial development for the story. The character realized what he was truly capable off and made use of it. No PIS, just plot development you don't agree with.

Let me tell you two actual PIS moments in comic books: Spider-Man beating down Firelord and Deathstroke taking out few very powerful and skilled Justice Leaguers.
Spider-Man and Deathstroke were fighting out of their regular capabilities for the sake of the plot. Sentry on the other hand gained a power upgrade for the sake of the long run, since he was supposed to become the final boss of the Siege event.

People overplay Sentry beating a passive cube being in MM who has know to lose when he's not so suppose too.

Nothing indicates that Molecule Man was passive and wanted to lose, but I already covered that up. Right now you're just either trolling or being stupid, but for your sake I hope you're trolling.

where as Sentry got punked by norn stones then gets a helicarrier dropped on his head.

Uh no, as the Void he attacked Loki THROUGH a concentrated, magical blast of the Norn stones and ignored that, while killing Loki in the process.
What hurt the Void were the combined attacks of a bunch of drastically empowered heroes. Everyone on the battlefield gained NEW powers and we saw even few of the physically weakest of them all like Captain America cutting through the Void like it was nothing. Imagine the power upgrade Thor had at that point, when he was raining lightning down upon the Void.
Then after the damage was already done, they bombarded the Void with the Helicarrier, which first of all is a gigantic vehicle and on top of that was full of other vehicles, weapones and so on.

Gorr at his peak was killing Gods, sky fathers, hell lords and a Elder God; Sentry will be crying bloody murder when Gorr torture him for one day.

I would make the arguement that a regular Sentry can take out Gorr thanks to his speed advantage and the molecule manipulation, as well overall other powers like force fields and stuff like that, but in this fight we have a drastically empowered Sentry, because of his Death Seed.

What happened with the Horsemen so far?
Grim Reaper TWO-SHOTTED Wonder Man. Daken TWO-SHOTTED Wolverine, while totally ignoring his Adamantium. And they were holding back.
Sentry was holding back as well and essentially one-shotted Thor, when he decided to put at least a little bit effort into taking Thor out.

Gorr had good fights against the Thor's from which Young Thor and Midaged Thor are total non-factors, when it comes to a fight against the Sentry and with the established raw powerlevel of Sentry's molecule manipulation even Old Thor would be in some serious trouble.

Gorr doesn't stand a chance. He is too slow, not versatile enough and I don't see him having a response to the molecule manipulation.

LONG ASS POST, YAY, BUT IT'S NOT OVER YET!

Aren't you the guy, who makes Youtube videos, but leaves parts out to make his boy Thor look better than he actually is?
On top of that even going so far to insult other Youtubers, to force feed everyone with his own opinion ?_?

Damborgson
Aren't you the guy, who makes Youtube videos, but leaves parts out to make his boy Thor look better than he actually is?
On top of that even going so far to insult other Youtubers, to force feed everyone with his own opinion ?_?

No. I'm not. I've never force fed anyone my opinion. and you're welcome to find something I've left out to make Thor look better than he is.

Plenty have been insulted, just about everyone has deserved it. ^_^ And by the specifics, you're obviously asking rhetorically because you yourself have probably been blocked.

abhilegend
Superman is at least on the same level as soul fire Darkseid. thumb up Canon.
thumb up
And above Source/ALE. I like this logic.

Tony Stark

Good thing he doesn't need one

DarkSaint85
AAAGH

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7425/newavengers56014.jpg

ShadowFyre
If gor was able to attack the Thors going multiple times the speed of light, and they were traversing space and time throughout their fight. You really think that he is that slow? And once again, Gorr himself isn't crap. It is the Necrosword that gave him all of these powers and immortality. The necrowsword technically was never defeated.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
If gor was able to attack the Thors going multiple times the speed of light, and they were traversing space and time throughout their fight. You really think that he is that slow? And once again, Gorr himself isn't crap. It is the Necrosword that gave him all of these powers and immortality. The necrowsword technically was never defeated. Relative velocity can equal 0 velocity. For example, you are moving thousands of miles per hour on Earth with relation to the sun. But when you fight someone moving the same velocity as you (someone also on Earth) then your relative velocity with respect to theirs is basically 0. Thor and Gorr was mostly moving in relation to each other.

With that said, Sentry at his peak can reform from total annihilation. There is no way Gorr can put him down permenantly.
On the other hand Sentry has the ability to disintegrate Gorr due to his feat of overpowering MM in direct power struggle. MM can effortlessly separate Cap's shield, Mjolnir, and Adamantium.

Insane Titan
You talk some crap

ShadowFyre
First off Gorr was was stationary after being blasted into the planet while Old Thor and present Thor were flying towards him where he then percieved them and accurately threw a chunk of moon at them. And when has he ever effortlessly "seperated". any of those objects. Scans of him doing this to Mjolnir please because he must of conveniently forgotten this ability when being hit in the face with it. On top of that, the Necrosword is obviously more powerful than any of those. And on top of that, since everyone keeps bringing up the MM fight since they have nothing else to hang onto. Then Thor killed The Sentry/Void and Gorr defeated three Thors. Also forum rules. One kill.One time.One win for Gorr and the Necrosword. I am sorry but ever since I have gotten on this site all I have seen is The Sentry, Hulk and Superman being put up there past Skyfathers and abstracts. Please, if they were that powerful there would not be any other superheroes. I guess Sentry should easily defeat all the celestials, eternity and toaa all while sippin on a cup of tea. He is not that powerful and until he defeats a Molecule Man going all out or is shown on panel "stalemating" Galactus I refuse to believe any of that nonsense. Thor has hurt Galactus twice that I know of. Hell so has Ben Grimm. They are obiously both well above Skyfather level.

TheGodKiller
Are you talking about Glory?

Golgo13
http://images.apparently-not.com/gif/ryanblank.gif

laughing out loud

Damborgson
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Are you talking about Glory?

Demigorge. At least according to Fraction.

Igniz
Gorr butchers Sentry!

h1a8
Originally posted by Igniz
Gorr butchers Sentry! you know that sentry can atomize Gorr with ease with his MM powers? Or that Sentry can reform at will? How do you beat someone that can reform?

celeyhyga17
you know that sentry can atomize Gorr with ease with his MM powers? Or that Sentry can reform at will? How do you beat someone that can reform?
By killing him over and over.

the Darkone
Gorr w/necrosword would slaughter Sentry with ease.

Insane Titan
you know that sentry can atomize Gorr with ease with his MM powers? Or that Sentry can reform at will? How do you beat someone that can reform? like how he went around atomizing everyone he fought after the MM fight! Oh yeah he never

StiltmanFTW
They team-up and double-penetrate Thor.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Insane Titan
like how he went around atomizing everyone he fought after the MM fight! Oh yeah he never

basically :/, take away that MM feat Sentry has no really feats compare to Thor, Silver Surfer, Superman etc.

Mindset
basically :/, take away that MM feat Sentry has no really feats compare to Thor, Silver Surfer, Superman etc. Wrong.

Tony Stark
basically :/, take away that MM feat Sentry has no really feats compare to Thor, Silver Surfer, Superman etc.

rolling on floor laughing

h1a8
By killing him over and over. he would never win that way. It would be an eternal stalemate. But what if Sentry atomize him? Could Gorr reform?

TheGodKiller
Demigorge. At least according to Fraction.
Oh, okay. I just thought that the Glory feat should also count as him "killing an Abstract".

Igniz
you know that sentry can atomize Gorr with ease with his MM powers? Or that Sentry can reform at will? How do you beat someone that can reform?

In that case Blackheart wins all Vs Thread since he can reform at will and can also atomize other people going by your logicsick

the Darkone
Originally posted by Mindset
Wrong.

By feats in totality yes Thor is higher!! Does Sentry have feats, yes!

Enzeru
By feats in totality yes Thor is higher!! Does Sentry have feats, yes!

Thor also had 40 more years to gather feats and he also had overall much, much more appearances.

And that still doesn't change the fact that the Sentry was created to be a more powerful character.

1. Paul Jenkins, his creator thought so.
2. Brian Michael Bendis, the guy who took over thought so, since we saw Void beating the crap out of Thor in the end.
3. Greg Pak thought so, since he had a weakened Sentry stalemating WW Hulk, while Thor has lost to weaker versions of the Hulk - many times.
4. Rick Remender seems to be thinking so, since the narration stated that Sentry is the most powerful being Wolverine ever met, while Thor was on the scene as well. One issue later Rogue confirmed all of it by saying that the Sentry is the most powerful being she has ever known.

If people actually knew about Sentry's feats they would realize that he is overall more powerful than the Void, when he is at his best and not jobbing for the sake of the plot.
I really don't get that. People acknowledge how powerful the Void is and they throw out random, stupid statements that the Sentry needs to Void to beat up powerful opponents, while the Sentry has massivly better feats than the Void and also beat the crap out of the Void in their encounters.

Mindset
By feats in totality yes Thor is higher!! Does Sentry have feats, yes! Sentry has feats that compare to Thor, Silver Surfer, Superman etc.

Fact.

/discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.