Khan (Into Darkness) vs. Link (TP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
After Khan has killed Yoda he crash lands on Hyrule. He deems Link inferior and has both guns he used in the Klingon scene. They start fifty feet apart. Who wins ?

The Scenario
According to the OP, the fight can't even begin.

After, Khan is never getting past Yoda.

Edit: Khan managed to crash his ship?

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Scenario
According to the OP, the fight can't even begin.

After, Khan is never getting past Yoda.

Edit: Khan managed to crash his ship? Khan has already killed Yoda. Khan kills those who wear green. Killing green sissies is his new thing.

I guess you agree Link loses or else would you have contended my argument.

Sacred 117
Lolz. Hyrule is not the planet; Termina is.

The OP is full of CIS. Where's Khan's reasoning for belittling Link?

Edit: Somehow, I knew this was eventually going to happen.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Lolz. Hyrule is not the planet; Termina is.

The OP is full of CIS. Where's Khan's reasoning for belittling Link?

Edit: Somehow, I knew this was eventually going to happen. I can say an alien crash lands in Ohio.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by quanchi112
I can say an alien crash lands in Ohio.

Settled. Fight takes place in Ohio.

quanchi112
Settled. Fight takes place in Ohio. No, but the guy crash lands in Hyrule. He interrupts Link in an awkward moment for him gesturing to a girl since he can't even speak to one.

The Scenario
I dunno, Khan crashed his ship, I'm not sure how he expects to hit Link with reflexes that terrible.

quanchi112
I dunno, Khan crashed his ship, I'm not sure how he expects to hit Link with reflexes that terrible. Another opportunity to counter but again you offer a concession. I happily accept.

Sacred 117
No, but the guy crash lands in Hyrule. He interrupts Link in an awkward moment for him gesturing to a girl since he can't even speak to one.

He has an entire bloodline to suggest otherwise.

quanchi112
He has an entire bloodline to suggest otherwise. Just watch how awkward Link is in the game. It's hysterically bad.

Sacred 117
Just watch how awkward Link is in the game. It's hysterically bad.

I've played since OoT. I don't recall. Be a dear and point this out for me.

Another opportunity to counter but again you offer a concession. I happily accept. Originally posted by The Scenario
I dunno, Khan crashed his ship, I'm not sure how he expects to hit Link with reflexes that terrible.

How does that pass for concession?!

quanchi112
I've played since OoT. I don't recall. Be a dear and point this out for me.

How does that pass for concession?! He will not even argue for the thread seriously which is a concession.

Watch link talking to girls and getting red face. Pathetic. Khan puts him out of his misery.

The Scenario
Calm down, I'm just having some fun. Are you telling me you wanted a serious debate, and made an OP like that?

In any case, sure, why not. Link puts an arrow between Khan's eyes before the big gun comes to bear.

quanchi112
Calm down, I'm just having some fun. Are you telling me you wanted a serious debate, and made an OP like that?

In any case, sure, why not. Link puts an arrow between Khan's eyes before the big gun comes to bear. What feats do you have to suggest Link can shoot a bow an arrow quicker than Khan can fire lasers ?

This is just embarrassing.

Sacred 117
He will not even argue for the thread seriously which is a concession.

Watch link talking to girls and getting red face. Pathetic. Khan puts him out of his misery.

I simply ask you provide me with something I can see. You pointed it out, so now I wish to see it.

In any case, sure, why not. Link puts an arrow between Khan's eyes before the big gun comes to bear.

Lol'd hard at this. haermm

Sacred 117
What feats do you have to suggest Link can shoot a bow an arrow quicker than Khan can fire lasers ?

This is just embarrassing.

I sense the imminent use of .gifs now. Any minute.

quanchi112
I simply ask you provide me with something I can see. You pointed it out, so now I wish to see it.

Lol'd hard at this. haermm Play the game.

COG Veteran
Theres a reason people use guns instead of swords nowdays. Boomstick > stick.

quanchi112
I sense the imminent use of .gifs now. Any minute. From the guy who can't debate but excels at eating glue.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lol, kahn managed to kill yoda? The whole point of this thread has been rendered irrelevant.

The Scenario
I sense the imminent use of .gifs now. Any minute.

I'm afraid I don't have any of this kind prepared. It might take a little longer.

quanchi112
I'm afraid I don't have any of this kind prepared. It might take a little longer. I do not want any gifs here.

Sacred 117
Play the game.

I have... ALL MY LIFE. My memory on it is not shot. Will it help if I say "please"? It's not my job to look for your evidence.

Originally posted by COG Veteran
Theres a reason people use guns instead of swords nowdays. Boomstick > stick.

Ash Williams is irrelevant here. Lol.

quanchi112
I have... ALL MY LIFE. My memory on it is not shot. Will it help if I say "please"? It's not my job to look for your evidence.

Ash Williams is irrelevant here. Lol. I don't have to post youtube videos humiliating Link further. He's pathetic enough as it is.

NotAllThatEvil
Khan lost to spock who was only about 3 times stronger than a human. Link is stronger and has sword designed to reflect lasers and energy weapons. I would give it to link but I don't know how well khan's regeneration works on lacerations, so who knows?

NemeBro
I do not want any gifs here. http://media.tumblr.com/120fd7baa92f7963f7b468fced967c4c/tumblr_inline_mo00oimtoC1qz4rgp.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Khan lost to spock who was only about 3 times stronger than a human. Link is stronger and has sword designed to reflect lasers and energy weapons. I would give it to link but I don't know how well khan's regeneration works on lacerations, so who knows? Khan beat Spock. Spock also had the benefit of using a weapon on top of 8 blasts.

Slow magical beams unlike Khan's quicker, successive beams, along with shp destroying feats.

This is going to be fun to hear. Keep going.

MooCowofJustice
Link kills Khan while he's busy filming the WikiLeaks movie.

Sacred 117
I don't have to post youtube videos humiliating Link further. He's pathetic enough as it is.

You do if you want to prove your point.

Originally posted by NemeBro
http://media.tumblr.com/120fd7baa92f7963f7b468fced967c4c/tumblr_inline_mo00oimtoC1qz4rgp.gif

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! *High fives NemeBro*

quanchi112
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Link kills Khan while he's busy filming the WikiLeaks movie. Based on ?

quanchi112
You do if you want to prove your point.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! *High fives NemeBro* That is not a debating point relevant to this matchup. Get over it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What are kahn's most impressive feats?

quanchi112
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What are kahn's most impressive feats? Shooting people.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Shooting people.

How did that give anyone the idea that khan > Yoda?

NotAllThatEvil
Khan beat Spock. Spock also had the benefit of using a weapon on top of 8 blasts.

Slow magical beams unlike Khan's quicker, successive beams, along with shp destroying feats.

This is going to be fun to hear. Keep going.

Wow spock had a weapon. To bad link is completely unarmed...
And phaser blasts aren't exactly bullet fast. I would put them closer to arrow speed, which link can deal with easily.

Not saying he wins though. Has khan's regen dealt with any non energy based crap?

The Scenario
I do not want any gifs here.

Congratulation, quanchi, you have just cut off any and all forms of evidence that could be relevant here. Now it's just us.

Sacred 117
That is not a debating point relevant to this matchup. Get over it.

YOU brought it up, but whatevs.

MooCowofJustice
Based on ?

No man with a haircut like that could ever beat anybody in a fight.

I bet you're gonna go for a dress joke now, aren't you? Haha, Quan. Damn, I forgot how Quan you really are.

quanchi112
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How did that give anyone the idea that khan > Yoda? Well, watch the movie and then pm me an apology.

quanchi112
No man with a haircut like that could ever beat anybody in a fight.

I bet you're gonna go for a dress joke now, aren't you? Haha, Quan. Damn, I forgot how Quan you really are. I bet your gf would totally make out with Khan right in front of you because let's face it what are you going to do.

quanchi112
Wow spock had a weapon. To bad link is completely unarmed...
And phaser blasts aren't exactly bullet fast. I would put them closer to arrow speed, which link can deal with easily.

Not saying he wins though. Has khan's regen dealt with any non energy based crap? Spock also attacked after her gf showed up and blasted him 8 times. Context.

Seriously, arguing Link with a now and arrow is even close to Khan's laser guns is so tragically wrong how can anyone take anything you say seriously.

quanchi112
Congratulation, quanchi, you have just cut off any and all forms of evidence that could be relevant here. Now it's just us. Khan wins.

quanchi112
YOU brought it up, but whatevs. It isn't relevant to the debate.

The Scenario
Khan wins.

Link wins.

quanchi112
Link wins. Based on ?

NotAllThatEvil
Just say zelda arrows go pretty fast and phasers aren't bullet fast.
We know his regen doesn't work on blunt force trauma but is miracle worker with energy, what we don't know is lacerations. Assuming both could get a tag in (normal people tagged khan, so don't give me that "he's too fast" crap) I'm currently thinking that link might survive better as cutting is similar to bashing.

The Scenario
Based on ?

Superior strength and speed, better durability, defenses, and skill. Link may have inferior weapons, but he's definitely the better fighter of the two.

MooCowofJustice
Khan's a really weird dom for you, Quan. I thought you only went for the cold and ruthless killers. Khan's got a soft spot for the rest of his frozen space Caps.

Sacred 117
It isn't relevant to the debate.

Then DON'T MENTION IT.

Sacred 117
Superior strength and speed, better durability, defenses, and skill. Link may have inferior weapons, but he's definitely the better fighter of the two.

The Master Sword lifted an island, didn't it?! How's that inferior?

The Scenario
The Master Sword lifted an island, didn't it?! How's that inferior?

Sorry, meant to clarify inferior ranged weapons. Khan at least has a shot there.

In melee, Khan simply cannot win.

Sacred 117
Sorry, meant to clarify inferior ranged weapons. Khan at least has a shot there.

In melee, Khan simply cannot win.

Link's bow (different game, but hear me out) shot arrows into the sun. Same said arrows can fire bombs capable of freeing giant Gorons from entombment.

Wei Phoenix
The wrath of Khan triumphs.

XanatosForever
One point I'll make here at the moment. Khan's cellular regeneration is capable of reviving a recently dead creature. It has never been shown to immediately close inflicted wounds.

AuraAngel
Moments like these make me glad Kingdom Hearts is something Quanchi will never play so I'm not cursed with this idiocy like the LLLC.

Quan will probably think I'm calling the Zelda fans idiots. I am not.

ScreamPaste
Khan's a dick. The Master Sword smites him for being a dick. What regen? /Thread.

Batman-Prime
After Khan has killed Yoda he crash lands on Hyrule. He deems Link inferior and has both guns he used in the Klingon scene. They start fifty feet apart. Who wins ?

So Khan after gettin his sh1t pushed in by the rookie Yedis in the Temple as a training dummy, he gets beaten by Yoda like a stepchild, (50-3 for Yoda!)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=580489&pagenumber=1

fless in terror and crashes on Hyrule. There he meets Link, who continuous beating Khan like a stepchild. (5-0 fo Link!)

Sounds about right. thumb up

BloodRain
94% voted Yoda with no one being swayed from him to Khan.. that counts as Khan's win? And why am I not surprised that TP!Link has been pulled off the bench? The guy barely got time to read through the Historia.

There is probably a reason for it, so what is the reason for Spock rivalling Khan in combat?

Prediction: This thread will not move past Khan one-shotting with the Boolean, Link's speed will be disregarded and only taken in as human, and other spin-off arguments will centre this point but in the end not passing. Quan, you don't believe that Link has faster speed/reactions than Khan, correct?

battlemaster161
I think Link would win my knowledge about kahn is slim but i know a lot about link he gets my vote

BloodRain
Think Captain America with this gun.

Like Cap, Khan has greater speed and agility than any human. Both also with superhuman strength, though Cap is stronger (Khan is 5 times stronger than a normal human, basically peak+. Cap is in the low ton range, so low superhuman.)

Khan is tough enough that 5 stun shots were needed to topple him. Other than that he's a pretty good fighter.

quanchi112
Just say zelda arrows go pretty fast and phasers aren't bullet fast.
We know his regen doesn't work on blunt force trauma but is miracle worker with energy, what we don't know is lacerations. Assuming both could get a tag in (normal people tagged khan, so don't give me that "he's too fast" crap) I'm currently thinking that link might survive better as cutting is similar to bashing. You are wrong. Watch the Khan scenes again. Comparing arrows to lasers is hilarious. Zelda fans. Truly insane people.

Wei Phoenix
Khan and Quan have won again.

quanchi112
Superior strength and speed, better durability, defenses, and skill. Link may have inferior weapons, but he's definitely the better fighter of the two. Khan has greater skill than Link. Khan has greater regeneration. Greater weaponry. Faster weaponry and more powerful weaponry.

No, link is not. Khan is an expert whereas Link is some noob just good enough to beat the crappy villains he faces.

quanchi112
Then DON'T MENTION IT. I will mention what I want.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Moments like these make me glad Kingdom Hearts is something Quanchi will never play so I'm not cursed with this idiocy like the LLLC.

Quan will probably think I'm calling the Zelda fans idiots. I am not. A stupid game for a stupid man.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
So Khan after gettin his sh1t pushed in by the rookie Yedis in the Temple as a training dummy, he gets beaten by Yoda like a stepchild, (50-3 for Yoda!)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=580489&pagenumber=1

fless in terror and crashes on Hyrule. There he meets Link, who continuous beating Khan like a stepchild. (5-0 fo Link!)

Sounds about right. thumb up Khan destroys Yoda the guy who needs a cane to walk.

Khan then crushes this weak warrior from a weak realm.

NotAllThatEvil
How is khan more skilled, I get how you would give regen and weapon(wrong btw), but link is definitely the more skilled.

quanchi112
How is khan more skilled, I get how you would give regen and weapon(wrong btw), but link is definitely the more skilled. Watch Khan in action in the film. Link is clumsy, awkward, and not that skilled in his game. He has a few weeks to put together enough skills to beat Dorf who never really had any impressive skills to begin with in the first place.

NotAllThatEvil
He's been trained in sword play since he was little and several training sessions with a guy who has over a hundred years of experience. Khan had trouble dealing with a couple of thugs on the dreadnaught.

quanchi112
He's been trained in sword play since he was little and several training sessions with a guy who has over a hundred years of experience. Khan had trouble dealing with a couple of thugs on the dreadnaught. Link had a few sparring sessions. That's all he needed to make it through the weaker opposition.

Khan crushed everyone on the Dreadnaught. Khan never lost in hand to hand and with guns was above everyone. Link has no impressive feats without his gear in a hand to hand fight. Awful.

Khan wrecks him.

The Scenario
4 posts in a row. Why do you do that, is it that much trouble to put multiple responses in one post?

Anyway, you should play Twilight Princess. Link's definitely got skill on Khan. His shield takes Beamos lasers, it can take Khan's smaller gun for sure. The big one has too long and obvious a charge time to be that useful.

I doubt Khan can take a bomb arrow.

MooCowofJustice
Wow guys, that's cool. I didn't know an entire planet's worth of people could dream up the same exact thing. But apparently, whenever we chose to play Twilight Princess, we all dreamt that part where we manhandled that huge Goron! ISN'T THAT ****ING INSANE?! I mean WOW!

quanchi112
4 posts in a row. Why do you do that, is it that much trouble to put multiple responses in one post?

Anyway, you should play Twilight Princess. Link's definitely got skill on Khan. His shield takes Beamos lasers, it can take Khan's smaller gun for sure. The big one has too long and obvious a charge time to be that useful.

I doubt Khan can take a bomb arrow. Multiple blasts and two guns aimed at slower link. He is a goner.

Khan kills Link very quickly here.

The Scenario
Multiple blasts that bounce off his shield. Link's fast enough to dodge anyway. Khan has failed to hit a moving target before.

Khan doesn't actually take physical punishment all that well. He was hurt by punches, an arrow won't be pleasant, much less a bomb.

Edit: You going to answer the quadruple post question?

quanchi112
Multiple blasts that bounce off his shield. Link's fast enough to dodge anyway. Khan has failed to hit a moving target before.

Khan doesn't actually take physical punishment all that well. He was hurt by punches, an arrow won't be pleasant, much less a bomb. Link has never shown the ability to tank quick successive blasts from a laser gun like so.

Khan was not hurt by Kirk's punches at all. Spock is a lot stronger than a human and was losing. His gf and a laser gun had to show up because he was being defeated on his own.

Khan never has to worry about it since he kills Link quickly.

The Scenario
Link has never shown the ability to tank quick successive blasts from a laser gun like so.

Never said he did. His shield has, though.

And Link is a few hundred times stronger than Spock, so what's the problem here?

That doesn't seem to be the case.

quanchi112
Wow guys, that's cool. I didn't know an entire planet's worth of people could dream up the same exact thing. But apparently, whenever we chose to play Twilight Princess, we all dreamt that part where we manhandled that huge Goron! ISN'T THAT ****ING INSANE?! I mean WOW! What does a slow Goron have to do with Khan ?

I mean Bo explains the only reason he can deal with them is by way of the boots. Links a cheat, yo.

quanchi112
Never said he did. His shield has, though.

And Link is a few hundred times stronger than Spock, so what's the problem here?

That doesn't seem to be the case. Yes but no evidence he can take on Khan. Glad to hear you admit it.

Except he isn't. Link has no great hand to hand feats of combat.

Khan kills him quickly. You just admitted there is no evidence to even support Link here.

MooCowofJustice
Oho yes, the best part. Here's where Quan says that the boots make Link stronger! And then we all try to teach him physics and he says "Nuh uh!" and then the pattern repeats. Oh boy. Ahem.

No Quan, the strength is in Link. He only needs to wear the boots to stop something heavier than him when its in motion. WikiLeaks guy isn't heavier than him. Any objection you have is irrelevant.

quanchi112
Oho yes, the best part. Here's where Quan says that the boots make Link stronger! And then we all try to teach him physics and he says "Nuh uh!" and then the pattern repeats. Oh boy. Ahem.

No Quan, the strength is in Link. He only needs to wear the boots to stop something heavier than him when its in motion. WikiLeaks guy isn't heavier than him. Any objection you have is irrelevant. The boots make Link able to contest with their weight. That's called cheating. Bo explains it is. Play the game for crying out loud.

NotAllThatEvil
Ok, A) what possible situation requires link to fight without gear (the video game character most known for having tons of gear.)

B) link has hand to hand training. He's a wrestler. It may not be as quick and showy as Khan's, but gets the job done.

MooCowofJustice
The boots make Link able to contest with their weight. That's called cheating. Bo explains it is. Play the game for crying out loud.

Any objection you have is irrelevant.

quanchi112
Ok, A) what possible situation requires link to fight without gear (the video game character most known for having tons of gear.)

B) link has hand to hand training. He's a wrestler. It may not be as quick and showy as Khan's, but gets the job done. He wrestles with boots on. Gear. The coward always relies on it like a crutch.

Shame.

quanchi112
The game makes it clear it is cheating. Quit living in denial.

NotAllThatEvil
Then link cheats by sticking a sword in khan's forehead. .

BloodRain
Now if he was Sherlock, we'd have a clear cut win over both Khan and Link.

The Scenario
Yes but no evidence he can take on Khan. Glad to hear you admit it.

Hmm? Where'd you get that from? I seem to recall saying Link didn't have portrayals of tanking energy blasts, but his shield has. Hence, Link can block with the Hylian Shield. Did you just skim my post or something?

Bo disagrees, Gor Coron disagrees, Dangoro disagrees. Link would slap Khan silly in melee.

Quote where I "admitted" anything of the sort? Read my post carefully this time. Link wins.

ares834
Even if we assume Link is a lightning timer, I don't see him winning this.

As there is a big difference from a single super fast blast and rapid fire.

Sacred 117
That doesn't help him get around an indestructible defense before running out of ammo.

ares834
His shield can't block his whole body... Link is good but I have yet to see anything to suggest he will be able to block machine gun fire. Especially when aimed by an expert marksman like Khan.

Sacred 117
What else will Khan do other than shoot to kill? It covers everything that matters.

Besides that, you've already assumed Link to be the faster, and Link's durability has been covered numerous times in these "which ever character/faction/universe Quan has a boner for at the time vs. (TP) Zelda" threads, so there's that.

ares834
His legs will be unprotected.

And lol at Link surviving a blast from a ST gun which have ridiculous firepower.

NotAllThatEvil
Are you forgetting link's magic suit of armor?

Sacred 117
You know Link gets shot out of cannons without injury, right? Also, he can tank bombs that free giant Gorons from entombment; something Khan's armaments can't do. I'll pull some things up in a few if I'm not too busy.

ares834
So Link get his armor?

You know Link gets shot out of cannons without injury, right? Also, he can tank bombs that free giant Gorons from entombment; something Khan's armaments can't do. I'll pull some things up in a few if I'm not too busy.

And as we've seen several times, Link can't withstand high heat. He sure as hell ain't tanking a shot from Khan's gun.

Sacred 117
Why not?!

ScreamPaste
When have we ever seen that? TP Link hangs around in a volcano while wearing autumn clothing and walks through high pressure steam vents like they're a spring breeze. haermm

Link puts an arrow in Khan's eye from farther away than Khan can even see him from, or just walks up and cuts him in half, either or.

ares834
Fall into the lava and see what happens.

ScreamPaste
Unless you're wearing the Zora armour? Not much.

ares834
So you're stating Link can survive a swim in lava? Ok... And people give Quanchi shit.

ScreamPaste
Because Quanchi is an idiot. You said:
Originally posted by ares834
So Link get his armor?

And as we've seen several times, Link can't withstand high heat. He sure as hell ain't tanking a shot from Khan's gun. Originally posted by ares834
Fall into the lava and see what happens.
So, A. That's not several times. B. Unless you're wearing the Zora armour, you're fine.

So, uh, back up what you said before or stop resorting to insults? smile

ares834
A. You can fall into the lava several times.

B. You get hurt and teleported back to the entrance of the room implying you died. After all, if Link was truly able to survive swimming in lava he could have cut out portions of the dungeon.

NotAllThatEvil
Are khan's blasters lava hot? Even so, link's armor should allow him to survive long enough to get within cutting range.

ScreamPaste
And nothing noteworthy happens.

Wait, you're citing the standard 'fell into a hole' mechanic that's been in Zelda games since 1991, as evidence that, despite nothing pointing to it, and many things, like Link not actually dying, that Link dies? Wut. haermm That happens anytime you go somewhere that you can't get out of. It doesn't teleport you to the beginning of the dungeon, either, just the door you came in from. Want to know what happens when Link actually dies? He dies. Put on the Zora armour, jump in, you get a gameover.

So, next you're going to tell me Link isn't strong enough to break a door or jump a gap? Puzzle gameplay is enabled this way, lol. Or that falling into holes kills him, even though we know he's been fired at the ground out of a cannon? erm

ares834
Falling into lava hurts Link. Nothing supports the idea that Link can survive falling into lava.

Put 2 and 2 together here.

Sacred 117
And nothing supports Khan equating a balance-purposed game mechanic. Your point?

ScreamPaste
Dudes with clubs hurt Link in gameplay, that doesn't prove anything. We know he's very durable. Everything we're shown on the subject points to Link not reacting to heat the same way we do. He'd have to be much less resistant to heat than his ancestor to die from falling in lava, and falling in lava doesn't do anything unless you wear armour that makes you weak to heat. He uses the iron boots to walk through steam vents that would cook a man alive and hangs around inside active volcanoes inches from lava.

Not that any of this is relevant anyway because Link is the better marksman and has actual defense whereas Khan does not.

ares834
And nothing supports Khan equating a balance-purposed game mechanic. Your point?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Link has never been displayed as being able to resist very high temperatures certain,y not to the level of phaser weaponry. In fact, in OoT, merely going into a volcano hurts him.

ScreamPaste
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Link has never been displayed as being able to resist very high temperatures certain,y not to the level of phaser weaponry. In fact, in OoT, merely going into a volcano hurts him.
While we're implying TP Link is more resistant to heat than OoT Link, OoT Link could indeed walk around in lava, even without the Goron tunic. smile

Sacred 117
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
While we're implying TP Link is more resistant to heat than OoT Link, OoT Link could indeed walk around in lava, even without the Goron tunic. smile

I was just looking for that, in fact. Lol.

NotAllThatEvil
You can actually wade through lava in OoT...

ares834
Not that any of this is relevant anyway because Link is the better marksman and has actual defense whereas Khan does not.

Link may be the better marksmen, but he is bring a bow to a gun fight and I have yet to see Link shoot an arrow faster thanKhan could get a shot off.

I'll admit, with the magic armor, Link wins. Without it, don't really see how other than maybe reflecting some shots of his mirror shield.

ares834

Got a vid of him doing this without the red tunic and without getting hurt?

ScreamPaste
Link may be the better marksmen, but he is bring a bow to a gun fight and I have yet to see Link shoot an arrow faster thanKhan could get a shot off.

I'll admit, with the magic armor, Link wins. Without it, don't really see how other than maybe reflecting some shots of his mirror shield.
>Mirror shield
Have you even played TP? The Hylian shield's plenty though, since it's canonically indestructible and Link has much better reaction time than anyone Khan fought. Link can also shoot him from far away and Link's arrows are not something he wants to be hit with, they pierce stone.

ScreamPaste
Got a vid of him doing this without the red tunic? One sec.

Sacred 117

I thought you were beyond oversimplified logic? Conclusions such as "guns > swords" fails in the realm of fiction.

ares834
Link can also shoot him from far away and Link's arrows are not something he wants to be hit with, they pierce stone.

He doesn't.

I thought you were beyond oversimplified logic? Conclusions such as "guns > swords" fails in the realm of fiction.

Read what I said. I doubt Link could get an arrow off before Khan pulls the trigger.

The Scenario
Getting dangerously close to gameplay mechanics here. By the logic we're operating under, the fact that falling into magma merely "hurts" Link instead out outright killing him should be enough to prove he has superhuman heat resistance. Though we already knew that from his ability to walk near magma, which is enough to roast people alive. Is that what we're going with?

In any case, Khan's gun isn't really machine gun fast. He typically fired in short 4 or 5 shot bursts while sweeping it anyway. Link can block or dodge that pretty easily until Khan decides to use the big gun, and it has a charge time.

Sacred 117
He doesn't.

Read what I said. I doubt Link could get an arrow off before Khan pulls the trigger.

Why not?

I read it. We've been over this. It doesn't matter due to Link's reaction time + indestructible shield. big grin

ScreamPaste
I'll need to fire up my rom to get new screenshots, my old ones seem to have disappeared. sad

ares834
Why not?

?

Of course Khan doesn't want to get hit by an arrow.

I read it. We've been over this. It doesn't matter due to Link's reaction time + indestructible shield. big grin

Reaction time is good and all, but does TP Link have the speed feats to grab an arrow, cock it, draw it, and then shoot it before Khan raises his gun and pulls the trigger?

Getting dangerously close to gameplay mechanics here. By the logic we're operating under, the fact that falling into magma merely "hurts" Link instead out outright killing him should be enough to prove he has superhuman heat resistance. Though we already knew that from his ability to walk near magma, which is enough to roast people alive. Is that what we're going with?

I'm not doubting that Link has decent resistance to lava. He shows this off. What I don't see is how he can surive it. Not only does he not show such an aptitude in any of the cutscenes but in, yes, the gameplay it hurts him and serves as an obstacle. The logical conclusion is he can't survive it.

The Scenario
I'm not saying he can. It's a resistance, not an immunity. Yeah, if he's in it for long enough he'll die. I'm just saying that is not really a 'vulnerability to heat.'

Sacred 117
?

Of course Khan doesn't want to get hit by an arrow.

Reaction time is good and all, but does TP Link have the speed feats to grab an arrow, cock it, draw it, and then shoot it before Khan raises his gun and pulls the trigger?

I'm not doubting that Link has decent resistance to lava. He shows this off. What I don't see is how he can surive it. Not only does he not show such an aptitude in any of the cutscenes but in, yes, the gameplay it hurts him and serves as an obstacle. The logical conclusion is he can't survive it.

Thanks for clearing that up. Lol.

I'll try to find something. In the mean time, play the game, and while you're playing it, fire as many arrows as you can as fast as you can. You seem to favor game mechanics, so you'll enjoy that.

I honestly don't see how you believe this will help your argument. It doesn't serve as comparison to Khan, and only serves to help Link in terms of durability showings.

ares834
Huh, it shows he isn't going to tank a phaser which have shown the ability to quickly melt through rock and metal.

Sacred 117
Huh, it shows he isn't going to tank a phaser which have shown the ability to quickly melt through rock and metal.

Ever stand next to a bomb in game? Said bombs are capable of obliterating a mass of tempered small building-sized stone. What do they do to Link? Next to nothing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, watch the movie and then pm me an apology.

I just went back through this thread and noticed this. What has Khan legitimately done that matches someone who can move faster than Khan can even see? He's matched Sidious in speed, who moved so fast that Anakin couldn't even see him. The same Anakin who could react to a ship going sub-light speed. These are all facts from the ROTS novelization, a canon source.

Sacred 117
Uh... I think you're in the wrong thread, man. Lol.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
simply responding to what quan posted

quanchi112
So you're stating Link can survive a swim in lava? Ok... And people give Quanchi shit. He is a fanboy no one takes seriously.

ScreamPaste
You're so upset. haermm

quanchi112
Then link cheats by sticking a sword in khan's forehead. . Cant he is too busy being shot.

ScreamPaste
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Other%20evidence/KhanMiss1_zps0153eac7.jpg

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Other%20evidence/khanmiss3_zps961bfbc9.jpg

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Other%20evidence/khanmiss3_zpsc998846f.gif

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Other%20evidence/Khanmiss4_zps5d004907.jpg

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Other%20evidence/khanmiss4_zps6a3837e8.gif

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Other%20evidence/Khanmiss5_zpsa00fd04b.jpg

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Other%20evidence/khanmiss5_zpsbaddc607.gif

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Other%20evidence/khanmiss6_zps6c52f102.jpg

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Other%20evidence/KhanMiss7_zps7c4c7a22.jpg

quanchi112

quanchi112
Quit spamming images trying to steal Scenarios images. You aren't even half the debater he is. Form your own arguments.

quanchi112
You're so upset. haermm Khan wins. I'm loving it.

ScreamPaste
Quit spamming images trying to steal Scenarios images. You aren't even half the debater he is. Form your own arguments. Good thing it takes less than half of Scenario's effort to beat you. haermm

Doesn't use Ganon to his full potential, still crushes Russell.

ScreamPaste
Khan wins. I'm loving it. The only winner here is me, you've demonstrated beyond any doubt that I'm so deep in your head that I've struck oil. <3

quanchi112
Good thing it takes less than half of Scenario's effort to beat you. haermm

Doesn't use Ganon to his full potential, still crushes Russell. You aren't your own man just a boy imitating other peoples arguments.

Khan wins and Russell crushes Dorf. Try and stay on the topic. So angry.

ScreamPaste
Russell crushes Dorf. Try and stay on the topic. So angry.
Then why did you lose?

quanchi112
Then why did you lose? Quit derailing the topic, troll.

Khan murders Link.

ScreamPaste
Am I hurting your feelings?

Why did you lose?

quanchi112
Am I hurting your feelings?

Why did you lose? You are derailing the topic and so angry.

Khan wins.

ScreamPaste
Lol.

Too scared too answer? Afraid to admit that both you and Russell were terribly outmatched?

quanchi112
Lol.

Too scared too answer? Afraid to admit that both you and Russell were terribly outmatched? Off topic. Khan wins this thread.

ScreamPaste
You won't answer it in the off topic thread either, and it brought you here.

I'm going to let you in on something, Quan. You can't bother me by being wrong. I actually enjoy abusing you. shrug In short, fapfapfapfap.

So, why did you lose?

quanchi112
You won't answer it in the off topic thread either, and it brought you here.

I'm going to let you in on something, Quan. You can't bother me by being wrong. I actually enjoy abusing you. shrug In short, fapfapfapfap.

So, why did you lose? You're obviously upset. Thats off topic here. It wasn't even your battlezone you coward.

Khan wins.

ScreamPaste
And yet you continue to argue with me about the simple fact that you lose. Hah.

Why did you lose?

quanchi112
And yet you continue to argue with me about the simple fact that you lose. Hah.

Why did you lose? Off topic but Khan wins this thread. I spin you round.

ScreamPaste
You're dodging the question. Why did you lose?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>