Sidious, Yoda, or Plagueis?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dolos
Another issue I have with Darth Powers' assessments.

Yoda was wounded at one point by an amped Dooku, given Dooku eventually saw himself loosing even when feeding on the resonant dark side energies of Vjun, Yoda just couldn't match Sidious. The dark side has many advantages over the light in terms of offensive powers. Yoda was slightly more powerful than Sidious in terms of raw energy but couldn't best the latter due to many factors regarding their abilities in battle.

To that, I stress that when peak Sidious, one not out of practice as he was when he faced and eventually was defeated by Windu, fought alongside Plagueis and no indication was made that the apprentice was in any way more ferocious than the master. In fact, quite the contrary.

Sidious did wait until his master was incapacitated to attack, though that is his way and this in and of itself is no indicator of the master's superior abilities. They were, however, equals in power and this is stated many times throughout the novel. Plagueis demonstrated many abilities that Sidious did not in all the EU, his ability to "atomize" his assailants with Force wave stands out the most.

I'd say Plagueis is second only to NJO/FOTJ Luke Skywalker.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
no, you couldn't be more wrong. There are multiple beings stronger than Plagueis, like: Sidious (RotS will do, idk why you think otherwise, atomizing some helpless adversaries is just as impressive as sidious leaving people as charred husks with lightning), Luke, Sith Emperor, Yoda, the Ones, etc. Plagueis has shown relatively few feats, and is not stronger than any of the people I listed.

Dolos
I apologize for putting these in the wrong forum, pretty careless.

@XSUPREMEXSKILLZ, there's more to it than raw power, and even then Plagueis and Sidious were peers (See, Darth Plagueis).

I'd agree, however, that any of the four Deities in Star Wars would defeat Plagueis as easily they defeated Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Ahsoka. Abeloth possessed 12-fold the power of Luke Skywalker's full potential (See, Fate of the Jedi).

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lemme ask you this: What feats has Plagueis actually performed to make him stronger than palpatine/sith emperor? Darth Plagueis died around the time of TPM, Sidious probably got stronger from then. The deities of course, would pwn Plagueis, but again, sidious/yoda/Luke/sith emperor would also defeat him

Dolos
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lemme ask you this: What feats has Plagueis actually performed to make him stronger than palpatine/sith emperor? Darth Plagueis died around the time of TPM, Sidious probably got stronger from then Sidious gained more arcane knowledge after Episode VI and into the Dark Empire series due to his time spent studying esoteric texts. However, he tapped into his own full potential in terms of raw energy at the end of the Darth Plagueis Novel. Vitiate was proficient at mind domination and perhaps was the most arcanely gifted Sith of all, but he did not possess the Force sensitivity of Sidious or Plagueis.

Force drain provides a temporary increase in power, and Vitiate only kept his immortality from that. Though initially he obtained untold amounts of Force energy, but it was ultimately used up on providing immortality.

Darth Nihilus, on the other hand, was a wound and absorbed comparable amounts of Force energy, but his power decreased at the same rate as his satiation (pretty fast).

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Dolos
Darth Nihilus, on the other hand, was a wound and absorbed comparable amounts of Force energy, but his power decreased at the same rate as his satiation (pretty fast). Been a while since I played KotOR II, but, where was this stated?

Dolos
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Been a while since I played KotOR II, but, where was this stated? During the Telos II incident it is made clear that Nihilus is weakening and hungers.

Lord Lucien
Clip, quote, scan? I don't want to replay the game just to find that line.

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate was proficient at mind domination and perhaps was the most arcanely gifted Sith of all, but he did not possess the Force sensitivity of Sidious or Plagueis.
Read this:

The child who will come to be known as the Sith Emperor is born. Black-eyed, heartless, and supremely strong in the dark side of the Force, the boy seizes control of his homeworld by the age of 13 and earns the title Lord Vitiate. He amasses an army of Sith followers and turns his back on Imperial politics to hone his skills in the dark side.

Source: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia; Page 16

Force drain provides a temporary increase in power, and Vitiate only kept his immortality from that. Though initially he obtained untold amounts of Force energy, but it was ultimately used up on providing immortality.
Vitiate was able to perform some major actions at galactic scale after his first major transformation. He could even inflict planetary scale devastation single-handedly during this condition but chose not to to mask his true nature.

If you need a detailed profile on Vitiate, let me know.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Has he ever inflicted said planetary damage alone? No, so don't assume he can just to hype him up.

DARTH POWER
Another issue I have with Darth Powers' assessments.

???

What assessment did I give on this?

S_W_LeGenD

Nephthys
The World Razer would curbstomp any of these clowns.

Dolos
I got laid this morning. laughing

mstanford2912
How could he execute the current sith council when the majority of the sith council was destroyed in the GSW?

Nephthys
The ones left or those who inherited their positions?

Darth Banus
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lemme ask you this: What feats has Plagueis actually performed to make him stronger than palpatine/sith emperor? Darth Plagueis died around the time of TPM, Sidious probably got stronger from then.

Sidious got stronger the very moment Plagueis died.

My interpretation is that whilst the Sith are adhering to the ROT the darkside energy is more concentrated & the master Sith receives the most benefit from this, the moment the master dies the apprentice goes up a tier ( so to speak).

By this logic if Sidious & Plagueis were close to equals at the start of TPM Sidious should have been clearly stronger after Plagueis died. let alone his incarnation as of ROTS.

Q99
I've never heard of a power up from the defeat itself*, just the defeat being a sign they've grown stronger.

*Well, baring stuff like the master trying essence transfer, failing, and the apprentice gaining a bit of them.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
The World Razer would curbstomp any of these clowns.

But my Guardian, along with 15 other randoms, beat Lotekk erm

Darth Banus
Originally posted by Q99
I've never heard of a power up from the defeat itself*, just the defeat being a sign they've grown stronger.

*Well, baring stuff like the master trying essence transfer, failing, and the apprentice gaining a bit of them.

was in the Plagueis book, Plagueis got after he took his master down & same with Sids.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.