Black Panther vs. Black Manta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
1. Random encounter w/ standard gear
2. 1 day prep.

comicfan11
1. BP due to the teleporter and vibranium knives should have an edge. Although Manta should be stronger and more durable. Anyway good fight but BP has to many feats that edge this one and his energy shield could counter (probably) the eye beams.

2. Manta has some really good prep and assassin skills, but BP is a genius with the resources of Wakanda. BP for the win.

The random encounter is the better fight.

Silver_Lantern
Originally posted by comicfan11
1. BP due to the teleporter and vibranium knives should have an edge. Although Manta should be stronger and more durable. Anyway good fight but BP has to many feats that edge this one and his energy shield could counter (probably) the eye beams.

2. Manta has some really good prep and assassin skills, but BP is a genius with the resources of Wakanda. BP for the win.

The random encounter is the better fight. you are right but i would pick manta for fight one he is always prepared n usually with high tech weapons

comicfan11
Originally posted by Silver_Lantern
you are right but i would pick manta for fight one he is always prepared n usually with high tech weapons

Well Manta is most likely more durable and stronger but BP has the teleporter and vibranium equipment. He can get closer much easier and land some powerful hits.
Without the teleporter I miiight give Manta the slight edge, but BP is still faster and I think that's what counts here more. That and the fact that BP does not use normal weapons, but vibranium ones.

Manta has taken point blank sniper shots, drops from multiple stories and punches from Aquaman (all in the Others story ark in new 52), but vibranium is tricky. It's the equipment and speed IMO that give BP the slight edge in a random encounter.

It will be a very close fight anyway.

Silver_Lantern
BP may have suit advantage n vibranium advantage let me put it dis way manta has better attack than defence but panther has better defence than attack so panther should be able to win through counter attack but i feel manta has a chance of winning

comicfan11
Originally posted by Silver_Lantern
BP may have suit advantage n vibranium advantage let me put it dis way manta has better attack than defence but panther has better defence than attack so panther should be able to win through counter attack but i feel manta has a chance of winning

Of course Manta can win.
I just give BP a slight majority due to his weapons and speed and also due to his history of good feats and taking enemies more powerful than BM.

Don't get me wrong Manta is one of my favorite characters.
I just show BP the respect he deserves.

And loosing (some not all) to BP is no knock on Manta. Current BP is clearly metahuman with crazy equip.

Silver_Lantern
Originally posted by comicfan11
Of course Manta can win.
I just give BP a slight majority due to his weapons and speed and also due to his history of good feats and taking enemies more powerful than BM.

Don't get me wrong Manta is one of my favorite characters.
I just show BP the respect he deserves.

And loosing (some not all) to BP is no knock on Manta. Current BP is clearly metahuman with crazy equip. NICE!!!

Silver_Lantern
Both are actually one of the toughest non-superpowered beings in their respective universes

Vanguard
Black Panther in both.

Golgo13
Does Panther have ranged attacks as good as Manta's?

Vanguard
Originally posted by Golgo13
Does Panther have ranged attacks as good as Manta's?

He has the energy daggers that can phase through force fields. Slugs that have lethal and non lethal settings he fires from his wrist. And who knows what else.......that's kind of how it is with Panther. His tech is formidable

maxivitopowe
BP

Supermutant
black panther ftw

Zack M
Manta just defeated Aquaman in a pure fight. With no PIS involved, Manta should win.

bobbybatman
If battle stage is near water, BM takes both.
else,
BM 7/10.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Zack M
Manta just defeated Aquaman in a pure fight. With no PIS involved, Manta should win. What happen? Got scans?

StiltmanFTW
Aquaman drowned.

EcstaticGrace
Manta did no such thing to Aquaman.. tge minute Aquaman said he'd end the fight he did.

StiltmanFTW
You're challenging Golgo? Do you know who he is?

He's the president of DC Comics. More than 600 pages defending BvS in the movie forum, more than 140 defending Suicide Squad...

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're challenging Golgo? Do you know who he is?

He's the president of DC Comics. More than 600 pages defending BvS in the movie forum, more than 140 defending Suicide Squad... more than 10,000 defending Superman 64

Galan007
Originally posted by vansonbee
What happen? Got scans? Aquaman vs. Black Manta (1/2):
http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374436_Aquaman_2016-_001-019.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374437_Aquaman_2016-_001-020.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374439_Aquaman_2016-_001-021.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374440_Aquaman_2016-_001-022.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374441_Aquaman_2016-_002-005.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374442_Aquaman_2016-_002-008.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374443_Aquaman_2016-_002-009.jpg

Galan007
Aquaman vs. Black Manta (2/2):
http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374445_Aquaman_2016-_002-010.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374446_Aquaman_2016-_002-011.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374448_Aquaman_2016-_002-012.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374449_Aquaman_2016-_002-014.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374451_Aquaman_2016-_002-015.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374453_Aquaman_2016-_002-016.jpg http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/29374455_Aquaman_2016-_002-017.jpg

JayDaDon
Im never quite sure what level Manta is supposed to be on.

CosmicComet
Roughly Kingpin level, his longtime Marvel rival.

Supermutant
Manta just defeated Aquaman in a pure fight.

Aquaman clearly did not lose the fight shown above by Galan. I hope you were referring to another recent one.

Vanguard
He's in the get his ass kicked by Black Panther tier.

Zack M
Originally posted by Supermutant
Aquaman clearly did not lose the fight shown above by Galan. I hope you were referring to another recent one.

I thought he got the best of him, but didn't he cut off Aquaman's hand not too long ago under Johns. Either way, he did go to to toe with him and I don't see panther owning Manta at all.

Supermutant
I thought he got the best of him, but didn't he cut off Aquaman's hand not too long ago under Johns. Either way, he did go to to toe with him and I don't see panther owning Manta at all.

Going toe to toe for a while against an opponent isn't the same thing as defeating that opponent, which is what you stated. Anyways it's not like Black Panther has routinely gone toe to toe with a class 100 Atlantean who can fly and has super speed. Oh wait stick out tongue

Zack M
Going toe to toe for a while against an opponent isn't the same thing as defeating that opponent, which is what you stated. Anyways it's not like Black Panther has routinely gone toe to toe with a class 100 Atlantean who can fly and has super speed. Oh wait stick out tongue

His skills and stats mean he won't get owned by panther like some of you are saying. Even pre Flashpoint manta had stats near Aquaman, who owned deathstroke.

-K-M-

Yes. In Brightest day

-K-M-
His skills and stats mean he won't get owned by panther like some of you are saying. Even pre Flashpoint manta had stats near Aquaman, who owned deathstroke.

Correct. Pre 52 underwent an experiment that merged his Dna with Aquaman and granted him atlantean abilities

StiltmanFTW
I thought he got the best of him

You also thought Midnighter looked fine against Grayson laughing out loud

Galan007
Manta did well against Aquaman, honestly.

Arthur only gained the definitive edge when he used the Trident.

leonidas
yeah that was a very impressive showing no doubt. this is a tough call tbh. no one is sweeping. like most bp threads of late it may just come down to what gear you see him carrying. /shrug

Zack M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You also thought Midnighter looked fine against Grayson laughing out loud

laughing out loud He looked superior.

Zack M
Originally posted by Galan007
Manta did well against Aquaman, honestly.

Arthur only gained the definitive edge when he used the Trident.

thumb up

Supermutant

I never said BP would stomp him. You stated that Black Manta defeated Aquaman recently which he didn't. Moreover, Black Manta should give Aquaman a hard time, as that is his arch-nemesis and his gear is designed to combat him.

My point is that proves nothing when BP performs just as good against Namor if not better depending on his gear. Plus BP has much greater resources and feats with prep.

And if current BP is still KOTD he has much better gear to win this a good majority of the time.

Zack M
I never said BP would stomp him. You stated that Black Manta defeated Aquaman recently which he didn't. Moreover, Black Manta should give Aquaman a hard time, as that is his arch-nemesis and his gear is designed to combat him.

My point is that proves nothing when BP performs just as good against Namor if not better depending on his gear. Plus BP has much greater resources and feats with prep.

And if current BP is still KOTD he has much better gear to win this a good majority of the time.

Well, is current Panther still KOTD? I'd still give Manta over standard Panther.

deathslash
Well, is current Panther still KOTD? I'd still give Manta over standard Panther. he is still king of the dead

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud He looked superior.

He got lucky that he hurt Dick while countering his Spyral tech wink

But no, if any superiority MN has shown, it was marginal. Don't make Galan repost the scans and embarrass you again in the same thread.

Zack M
Nah, Midnighter would beat NW at least 8/10. NW is nothing to sneeze at, since he did stalemate Batman in the Batcave. Midnighter simply has better feats in the DCnU. You would know that, if you actually read the books.

StiltmanFTW

Zack M
It was a good showing, no doubt. Not Red Hood good, but good nonetheless.

However, Midnighter still has better durability, speed, and combat feats than Grayson.

StiltmanFTW
I'd take your word for it, but after disappointing me with Aquaman v Manta thing, I can't... stick out tongue

Anyway, superior stats make sense, as that's the purpose of his enhancements after all.

Zack M
Dodging all the bullets from a guy who never misses (Deadshot) is far above anything Grayson has done. Owning the Suicide Squad (Which had PARASITE as a member) is above Grayson. Getting punched through a wall by Etrigan or even a Red Lantern is a better durability feat than Grayson, etc...

Vanguard
Originally posted by Vanguard
He's in the get his ass kicked by Black Panther tier.

laughing

That was hilarious.

Zack M
What was?

Vanguard
What was?

The comment I made. cool

Zack M
Post it!

abhilegend
Panther gets oneshotted as usual.

staxamillion
so aquaman needs trident to take out Manta? looks like mostly strength and fighting skill was being used and Aqua was still getting put to task.... in the water no less. Never understood how someone allegedly as powerful as Aquaman can't just thump someone like Manta in the forehead to just knock them out.

panthergod
Originally posted by abhilegend
Panther gets oneshotted as usual.
**** outta here.

Vanguard
Originally posted by panthergod
**** outta here.

I know right laughing

Don't pay him any mind. He says it in every Panther thread. He knows Panther wins.

Zack M
Originally posted by staxamillion
so aquaman needs trident to take out Manta? looks like mostly strength and fighting skill was being used and Aqua was still getting put to task.... in the water no less. Never understood how someone allegedly as powerful as Aquaman can't just thump someone like Manta in the forehead to just knock them out.

Yeah, Manta is pretty beastly.

EcstaticGrace
Pressure suit, he's taken hits from other powerhouses to. Aquaman just happens to be his rival, enemy.

I'd side with Panther though, in regards to the thread.

Zack M
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Pressure suit, he's taken hits from other powerhouses to. Aquaman just happens to be his rival, enemy.

I'd side with Panther though, in regards to the thread.

Manta also has Antlantean DNA inside him, too. Increases his strength, speed, etc...

EcstaticGrace
Manta also has Antlantean DNA inside him, too. Increases his strength, speed, etc...

When did Current Manta get Atlantean DNA?

Zack M
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
When did Current Manta get Atlantean DNA?

Pre-Flashpoint, but since PF and current are the same, it should count, right?

abhilegend
Originally posted by panthergod
**** outta here. Originally posted by Vanguard
I know right laughing

Don't pay him any mind. He says it in every Panther thread. He knows Panther wins.
Aww, look at the two lovebirds.

Panther gets stomped to a paste Vanguard. Get mad.

namorsubby
Does black manta have superhuman physical traits now? His fight with aquaman seems to suggest so

staxamillion
Originally posted by namorsubby
Does black manta have superhuman physical traits now? His fight with aquaman seems to suggest so

apparently he is half atlantean now and and im assuming he is as strong as aquaman

Vanguard
apparently he is half atlantean now and and im assuming he is as strong as aquaman

Who do you think wins between Manta and Panther?

Vanguard

Vanguard
Just one or two more. This is a good fight

namorsubby
Id say how hes potrayed recently manta has the edge.

Stoic
Bump

deathslash
BP still wins in both scenarios.

Senor Cage
High end Manta stomps. Average Manta loses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.