Age of Ultron: THANOS edition!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dial J for Josh
So for my second thread I wanted to see if we can replicate Ultron's most recent crusade against earth, and apply that to the Mad Titan's kingdom. For Ultron all of a sudden has a strong desire to dethrone Thanos, for he feels he is not worthy of such a title in power.

Ultron's resources: Ultron gets 1 entire year of prep, with Thanos and his army having absolutely no knowledge of this invasion taking place. Ultron also has an army of 50,000 sentries made out of pure Adamantium.

Thanos's resources: Thanos gets all 5 members of his Black order. Corvus Glaive, SuperGiant, Ebony Maw, Black Dwarf, and Proxima Midnight. As well as a mixture of his standard soldiers and outriders.

Note: Ultron being given an entire year of prep time knows of Thanos's Black order and has prepared counter-measures to deal with them, and he also has a full understanding of Thanos's power-set and is well prepared to face him as well.

Invasion day: Thanos is sitting on his throne contemplating his love for lady death where all of a sudden the stars become obscure, the sky becomes even more dark then it already is, and a loud noise, the sound of a legion of Ultron sentries reigning down upon Titan (think of the sound and visuals of the legion of arrows that descended on the Spartans in the movie 300.) Ultron and his army begin to decimate Titan. Thanos being shocked that anyone would dare defile him and his kingdom then summons his Black Order and army. Ultron and his sentries strategically spreads out in groups to target and eradicate the main threats (the Black order, and Thanos.) Does the Mad Titan find a quick way to defeat Ultron and his army in a pinch? Or is Ultron's resources and entire year of prep time to overwhelming for the Mad Titan.

Shall Ultron be dubbed the new "King of Titan"? You decide, NOW GO!!!!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110107232914/villains/images/d/d9/Ultron_2.jpg

pym-ftw
Ultron shuts down Thanos's tech and then builds an Ultron-Thanosi to directly battle the Mad Titan.

Stoic
Thanos would be able to defeat legions of these Ultron's alone. they would simply lack the power to harm him, and after days of battle Thanos would be the last one standing. Am I saying that Thanos would crush these Ultron units? Yes. Thanos broke Galactus' Punishers like they were toys. He would do he same thing here.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Stoic
Thanos would be able to defeat legions of these Ultron's alone. they would simply lack the power to harm him, and after days of battle Thanos would be the last one standing. Am I saying that Thanos would crush these Ultron units? Yes. Thanos broke Galactus' Punishers like they were toys. He would do he same thing here.

Interesting case, but I am pretty sure that Ultron is capable of harming Thanos in some fashion. Keep in mind that Ultron killed both Thor and Hulk. So this fact alone shows that Ultron is definitely capable of at least doing some damage to Thanos.

Stoic
One of the problems facing the Ultrons would be the idea that they would never be able to harness all of that prime adamantium. Neither Thor or the Hulk has the type of exotic powers that Thanos has at his disposal, and his tech is also something that they lack. Just one Punisher unit would give a herald level character a tough time, Thanos destroyed them as if they weren't a threat at all. He literally one shot destroyed them.

Odekahn
Ultron stomps. This is spite against Thanos.

Bentley
So is this future Ultron or regular Ultron? Because the addition of extra pure adamantium is cool, but 616 Ultron has never pulled off anything like the Age of Ultron and is casually beaten by Pym most of the time.

Mindset
One of the problems facing the Ultrons would be the idea that they would never be able to harness all of that prime adamantium. Neither Thor or the Hulk has the type of exotic powers that Thanos has at his disposal, and his tech is also something that they lack. Just one Punisher unit would give a herald level character a tough time, Thanos destroyed them as if they weren't a threat at all. He literally one shot destroyed them. How does Thor not have the type of exotic powers that Thanos has?

He has Mjolnir.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindset
How does Thor not have the type of exotic powers that Thanos has?

He has Mjolnir.

Thanos has TP, mysticism, cosmic powers, enhanced durability, he is also stronger than Thor by a decent margin if you consider how long it took for him to kill the Silver Surfer with his bare hands, and let's not forget about his tech, and force cubes. Thanos also has the ability to transcend his physicality by becoming a partial energy being, he can regenerate his body like most Eternal's can, but on a higher level than most, he can not be killed most of the times but this depends on whether his woman decides whether or not he is allowed back into her kingdom. So uhm what were you saying about Mjolnir? I have my doubts that Ultron would be able to physically harm Thanos at all tbh. Why? He was able to take hits from Tyrant, and Tyrant is well above Ultron in any, and every way conceivable.

Diesldude
Thanos has TP, mysticism, cosmic powers, enhanced durability, he is also stronger than Thor by a decent margin if you consider how long it took for him to kill the Silver Surfer with his bare hands, and let's not forget about his tech, and force cubes. Thanos also has the ability to transcend his physicality by becoming a partial energy being, he can regenerate his body like most Eternal's can, but on a higher level than most, he can not be killed most of the times but this depends on whether his woman decides whether or not he is allowed back into her kingdom. So uhm what were you saying about Mjolnir? I have my doubts that Ultron would be able to physically harm Thanos at all tbh. Why? He was able to take hits from Tyrant, and Tyrant is well above Ultron in any, and every way conceivable.

Looks like Quan has been finally reading up on Thanos.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Mindset
How does Thor not have the type of exotic powers that Thanos has?

He has Mjolnir.

Thor does Marvel tends to hold him back; I wish Marvel allows him to cut lose.

Mindset
Thanos has TP, mysticism, cosmic powers, enhanced durability, he is also stronger than Thor by a decent margin if you consider how long it took for him to kill the Silver Surfer with his bare hands, and let's not forget about his tech, and force cubes. Thanos also has the ability to transcend his physicality by becoming a partial energy being, he can regenerate his body like most Eternal's can, but on a higher level than most, he can not be killed most of the times but this depends on whether his woman decides whether or not he is allowed back into her kingdom. So uhm what were you saying about Mjolnir? I have my doubts that Ultron would be able to physically harm Thanos at all tbh. Why? He was able to take hits from Tyrant, and Tyrant is well above Ultron in any, and every way conceivable. So basically he doesn't have any more exotic powers than Thor does.

abhilegend
Thanos isn't as versatile as Thor mjolnir.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Bentley
So is this future Ultron or regular Ultron? Because the addition of extra pure adamantium is cool, but 616 Ultron has never pulled off anything like the Age of Ultron and is casually beaten by Pym most of the time.

Yes this is future Ultron the exact same one from AoU.

Also stoic I am not disregarding Thanos's power capabilities or amazing durability. I was simply stating that Ultron can atleast cause some sort of damage to Thanos since he was able to kill Thor and Hulk because you said that Ultron can't harm him at all.

Stoic
Originally posted by Diesldude
Looks like Quan has been finally reading up on Thanos.

Are you accusing me of being a sock?

Odekahn
Ultron is smarter than any human, and I'd bet my money that Reed could come up with something given these circumstances. For Ultron, it's a walk in the park.

dial J for Josh
Hey everyone now that Infinity has concluded I just wanted to see where everyone stands on this threads scenario. We now know that Super Giant and Ebony Maw aren't combatants but have similar power-sets that deal with compulsion. Some may see this as a benefit or a hindrance. And we now know the great power of proxima and Corvus. We have also seen the destruction of the black dwarf. We also already know how much of a boss Thanos is. I simply want to know if you have all had a change of heart due to the aftermath of infinity.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Odekahn
Ultron is smarter than any human Originally posted by Bentley
Ultron is casually beaten by Pym most of the time. raver

Odekahn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
raver

Pym is a special exception, I will admit. He has a connection to Ultron no one else does, but even he admitted that Ultron is beyond him. The Earth heroes wouldn't even try to build anything because Ultron and his tech were more advanced than anything they could create.

Firefly218
Ultron with a year prep stomps

Odekahn
Originally posted by Firefly218
Ultron with a year prep stomps

And with Ultron's calculations and processing power, a year to him would be like an eternity, lol.

Sixth_Winged
Depends what version, future ultron is a bit too much for the titan.

Others will be mauled and torn apart by Thanos.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged

Others will be mauled and torn apart by Thanos.

What version is in the title of the thread? Ultron wins.

pym-ftw
Phalanx Ultron is much scarier than AoU Ultron.

Malkaedus
Whole year of prep and Thanos doesn't know he is coming at all?

Ultron

Bouboumaster
There's not enough Ultron to beat Thanos.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

There only needs to be one :/

ODG
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged

Others will be mauled and torn apart by Thanos. lol, we never even saw Ultron in Age of Ultron.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by ODG
lol, we never even saw Ultron in Age of Ultron.

Sure we did.... We all saw him in our heart's.

zopzop
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
+1

Bentley
Nothing future Ultron did points towards him being all that powerful, unless we extrapolate from the Ultron that appeared in Bendis's Avengers.

He did stomped Thor, but Thanos did so much more conclusively.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.