John McClane vs Rocky Balboa: Bloody Knuckles Contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Exactly what it says on the tin. Two titans of tanking damage, Rocky and McClane, play bloody knuckles until someone gives. Which one will reign victorious?

Sadako of Girth
McClane by all endurance feats.
And given the question of who handled their older years better....

But maybe its like 7/3 to McClane here.

Impediment
WTF is bloody knuckles?

Lestov16
From Urbandictionary,

A game when 2 people punch each others knuckles until one of them gives up. Some people play until their knuckles are bleeding like crazy.

Sadako of Girth
Punching at each others knuckles.

Like a onesided fistbump on crack.

Edit: Like lestov says.

Mindship
Originally posted by Lestov16
From Urbandictionary,

A game when 2 people punch each others knuckles until one of them gives up. Some people play until their knuckles are bleeding like crazy. The game's evolved. It used to be you grabbed a whole deck of cards and, wielding it like a short club, you wacked the other guy's knuckles with it.

I'm inclined to give this to Balboa. McClane's got good body-damage soak like Rocky, but Rocky's fists are hardened from being a boxer.

Sadako of Girth
McClane used boxing, but didnt go pro. Its also worth noting that old Boxers had tonnes of fractures even if microfractures, arthritis and other problems in their hands the more abuse they had endured in action (and in training)..

McClane is well proven as being able to endure shots with fists, gunshots, falls, impacts of varying degrees and intensities, explosions and high speed collisions with things. I'd say he has the durability covered.

Conditioning is only as good as your most recent conditioning. And Rocky has been sitting there doing nothing, since he quit after the Mason Dixon fight.

TheGodKiller
Balboa wins.

COG Veteran
I see balboa winning.

focus4chumps
bloody knuckles takes it completely outside the realm of boxing.

if it was a boxing match mcclane would have his head knocked off by balboa but this premise is way off from that.

BruceSkywalker
McClane wins this..

A lot of Rocky's fights were set ups/fixed..

McClane was God like abilities

and this...

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
McClane used boxing, but didnt go pro. Its also worth noting that old Boxers had tonnes of fractures even if microfractures, arthritis and other problems in their hands the more abuse they had endured in action (and in training)..

McClane is well proven as being able to endure shots with fists, gunshots, falls, impacts of varying degrees and intensities, explosions and high speed collisions with things. I'd say he has the durability covered.

Conditioning is only as good as your most recent conditioning. And Rocky has been sitting there doing nothing, since he quit after the Mason Dixon fight.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

...and a lot were not. so this proves what?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by focus4chumps
...and a lot were not. so this proves what?

that Rocky was a chump needs to be pittied.. lol

DJnKm6ftPu0

Robtard
McClane takes the bloody knuckle contest, though Rocky would prove a great adversary.

The Fat Rambo
Bullshit. Rocky took Drago's punches while McClane was beaten by a girl.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard
McClane takes the bloody knuckle contest, though Rocky would prove a great adversary.

Bull.
Every Rocky movie has a training montage where Rocky is training to BOX...regardless of gloves or not.

Whereas McClane's claim is always "Being at the wrong place & wrong time." No where is it featured that McClane trains to fight, much less box. He acts on instinct which can only get you so far against a professional boxer like Rocky.

Rocky wins.

quanchi112
Rocky destroys the victim of female cruelty. This is a stomp of epic proportions.

focus4chumps
don't make quanchi have to google "rocky" and pwn you all!

quanchi112
Originally posted by focus4chumps
don't make quanchi have to google "rocky" and pwn you all! One is a professional boxer while the other is a professional punching bag. Do the math, Bridget.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

That doesn't take away from the amount of punishment he has proven capable of enduring. As amazing as McClanes feats are none are as impressive as going 18 rounds.

I'm not trying to take away from McClanes physical feats but I think the fact that Balboa didn't have to endure the punishment he has leads me to believe he has a higher threshold for pain.

Sadako of Girth
18 rounds in at least 12oz padded gloves.
As I said earlier, Rocky's hands are likely smashed to dust from age and action. Fact: Rocky's defense was shit, Quan and if anyone was the professional punching bag: It was actually Rocky, who's strategy was: "Go the distance and hang on whilst having the shit punched out of him, until the other guy is exhausted before making the capitalising flurry". This is why you fail/cry.

quanchi112
As I said earlier, Rocky's hands are likely smashed to dust from age and action. Fact: Rocky's defense was shit, Quan and if anyone was the professional punching bag: It was actually Rocky, who's strategy was: "Go the distance and hang on whilst having the shit punched out of him, until the other guy is exhausted before making the capitalising flurry". This is why you fail/cry. Rocky went the distance against professional boxers. McClane would use weapons and get his ass flat out beat in a fight. Rocky also beat Clubber Lang in a few rounds. Watch the movies, Bing tourist.

focus4chumps
Rocky's defense was shit

depends on which film. he had a terrific defense in the 2nd clubber lang fight (courtesy of cocaine and steroids)

The Fat Rambo
Lol, are people actually arguing for McClane here?

Esau Cairn

Fact: Rocky's defense was shit, Quan and if anyone was the professional punching bag: It was actually Rocky, who's strategy was: "Go the distance and hang on whilst having the shit punched out of him, until the other guy is exhausted before making the capitalising flurry". This is why you fail/cry.

Guess you've never heard of a boxer named Muhammad Ali.

He looks like Will Smith.

jinXed by JaNx
As I said earlier, Rocky's hands are likely smashed to dust from age and action. Fact: Rocky's defense was shit, Quan and if anyone was the professional punching bag: It was actually Rocky, who's strategy was: "Go the distance and hang on whilst having the shit punched out of him, until the other guy is exhausted before making the capitalising flurry". This is why you fail/cry.

You do know that those gloves don't do anything to cushion force, right?

Balboas defense doesn't have any relevance here. If anything his lack of defense goes towards his advantage because if he had displayed better defensive skills over his career he wouldn't have endured as much punishment.

Ivan Drago man...,Ivan drago

quanchi112
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Balboas defense doesn't have any relevance here. If anything his lack of defense goes towards his advantage because if he had displayed better defensive skills over his career he wouldn't have endured as much punishment.

Ivan Drago man...,Ivan drago Sadako is actually arguing against McClane here and doesn't even realize it. Spot on.

Sacred 117

I don't know how well this information transfers to boxers, but kung fu practitioners strike hard targets with their fingertips, blatantly fracturing them so they reform to become harder. They're actually able to stab you with their bare hands because of this.

Rocky's experience more closely resembles this, so you may want to consider it.

The Fat Rambo
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sadako is actually arguing against McClane here and doesn't even realize it. Spot on. Lol, oh the nuthuggery.

quanchi112
I guess its official that McClane loses.

COG Veteran
I guess its official that McClane loses.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is either a fool or a coward.

quanchi112
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Anybody who thinks otherwise is either a fool or a coward.
thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by The Fat Rambo
Bullshit. Rocky took Drago's punches while McClane was beaten by a girl.

Nope. This isn't a boxing match, which I would give to Rocky all in all.

But if you want to go the 'who has the greater durability' path, then McClane >>>>> Rocky by a landslide. Rocky can take a ridiculous amount of punishment in a boxing match. McClane has survived instances that would liquify a human body with little more than scraps and cuts.

dadudemon

But if you want to go the 'who has the greater durability' path, then McClane >>>>> Rocky by a landslide. Rocky can take a ridiculous amount of punishment in a boxing match. McClane has survived instances that would liquify a human body with little more than scraps and cuts.

Rocky did just fine in a street fight. He seems to do wonderfully when the rules are off.

Sadako is actually arguing against McClane here and doesn't even realize it. Spot on.

Well....

Sadako is probably the most experienced boxer posting in this thread. He probably knows exactly what he is talking about.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Rocky did just fine in a street fight. He seems to do wonderfully when the rules are off.

That's one match and there was nothing 'super' about it.

quanchi112

But if you want to go the 'who has the greater durability' path, then McClane >>>>> Rocky by a landslide. Rocky can take a ridiculous amount of punishment in a boxing match. McClane has survived instances that would liquify a human body with little more than scraps and cuts. laughing out loud

Fanboy alert. Watch the Rockys when you have some time you google tourist.

Robtard
laughing out loud

Fanboy alert. Watch the Rockys when you have some time you google tourist.

Once again you dodge my points and do your usual clown-dance, which consist of copying what others have called you smile

Have you even watched DH5 yet? I doubt it.

quanchi112
Once again you dodge my points and do your usual clown-dance, which consist of copying what others have called you smile

Have you even watched DH5 yet? I doubt it. Does DH 5 retcon the other DHards. I don't think so but feel free to clear the air.

The Fat Rambo

But if you want to go the 'who has the greater durability' path, then McClane >>>>> Rocky by a landslide. Rocky can take a ridiculous amount of punishment in a boxing match. McClane has survived instances that would liquify a human body with little more than scraps and cuts. No. This is about them trading punches and seeing who lasts the longest. Rocky has shown damage soak via punches to the face that is light years beyond what McClane's damage soak via punches to the face is.

Also, Rocky has shown punching ability that is far stronger than anything McClane can muster. It's not even close.

Also, Rocky never lost to a girl.

Rocky one punch KO's McClane. Accept it.

Sadako of Girth

Ivan Drago man...,Ivan drago

Indeed. Just saves the hands from being broken, along with the wraps, but you still feel and injuries can still occur. And as I said the sum of work the hands are put through in training over the years and the bouts themselves leave guys with arthritis and loads of microfracture (or outright fracture in cases) damage all taking their toll...and Rocky is ancient..

Yes.

focus4chumps

boxing gloves increase the impact area, preventing skulls from being cracked open. thats why we have boxing gloves.

the ninjak
Isn't this just a battle to see who has the most durable hands?

Doesn't McClane have some kind of superhuman feat where he grabbed something that normally would've just torn a man's fingers off?

Robtard
No. This is about them trading punches and seeing who lasts the longest. Rocky has shown damage soak via punches to the face that is light years beyond what McClane's damage soak via punches to the face is.

Also, Rocky has shown punching ability that is far stronger than anything McClane can muster. It's not even close.

Also, Rocky never lost to a girl.

Rocky one punch KO's McClane. Accept it.

Nope. A 'bloody knuckle contest' is two people punching each other's fist, knuckles-to-knuckles.

This isn't a 'who can take more punches to the face'.

McClane's never been knocked out or TKO'd, son. But again, this isn't a boxing match which I would still give to Rocky.

Robtard
Does DH 5 retcon the other DHards. I don't think so but feel free to clear the air.

laughing out loud So you're still DH5 ignorant and are unaware of the levels McClane was amped up to in that lousy film. Go away.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
Isn't this just a battle to see who has the most durable hands?

Doesn't McClane have some kind of superhuman feat where he grabbed something that normally would've just torn a man's fingers off?

That was DH1, McClane at his least superwanked.

quanchi112
laughing out loud So you're still DH5 ignorant and are unaware of the levels McClane was amped up to in that lousy film. Go away. He is older and you have been known to lie. And no.

The Fat Rambo
Nope. A 'bloody knuckle contest' is two people punching each other's fist, knuckles-to-knuckles.

This isn't a 'who can take more punches to the face'.

McClane's never been knocked out or TKO'd, son. But again, this isn't a boxing match which I would still give to Rocky.

That's lame. Lame, I say. Knuckles to knuckles is lame.

Nevertheless, Rocky punches WAY harder and never had a hand injury. Simple math.

quanchi112
That's lame. Lame, I say. Knuckles to knuckles is lame.

Nevertheless, Rocky punches WAY harder and never had a hand injury. Simple math. Robbie doesn't even post here often anymore. He is a thing of the past.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by the ninjak

What movie, what feat are you talking about?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
What movie, what feat are you talking about? The McClane wanking needs to stop.

The Fat Rambo
mhm.

Sadako of Girth
The McClane wanking needs to stop.

...said the kid least qualified to comment on people wanking ever.

Not that its wanking, in this case.

Now get back to dejuicing Van Zan and weeping at another McWin here through sheer, 100%, pure unadulterated butthurt on your part.

quanchi112

Now get back to dejuicing Van Zan and weeping at another McWin here through sheer, 100%, pure unadulterated butthurt on your part. Another emotional outburst in an attempt to derail the thread and skirt the actual thread topic under the carpet.

Zan wins there but here Rocky crushes him. Easily.

The Fat Rambo

Now get back to dejuicing Van Zan and weeping at another McWin here through sheer, 100%, pure unadulterated butthurt on your part. How can you say this? McClane has zero feats that give him even a fighting chance here.

If I am forgetting any, name them. Individually, please, none of the usual "5 movies worth of feats" BS.

quanchi112
Saddikins is getting called out.

The Fat Rambo
He'll dodge, as always.

quanchi112
He'll dodge, as always. thumb up

Robtard
How can you say this? McClane has zero feats that give him even a fighting chance here.

If I am forgetting any, name them. Individually, please, none of the usual "5 movies worth of feats" BS.

His hand being strong and durable enough to grip onto an HVAC opening after a huge blast instead of losing grip and/or his fingers being ripped off would be a super-human hand-feat smile

That's DH1 BTW, McClane at his least super.

Sadako of Girth
How can you say this? McClane has zero feats that give him even a fighting chance here.

Incorrect.

Rocky has no more feats at this than McClane.

But McClane has shown much more durability in his 5 movies to all kinds of blows, blasts, falls, explosions, and trauma without padded gloves, rests, judges, rules etc than Rocky did in his 6,000 movies. McClane owns fit pros still. Therefore he easily pwns smashed up old men, especially semi retarded ones.

Cry more for me.
smile

Sadako of Girth
Saddikins is getting called out.

"Call out fail."

So silence, stupidly sappy Susan, as you know nothing and are "Raging Bullshit" over there's little b!tch.. smile

quanchi112
"Call out fail."

So silence, stupidly sappy Susan, as you know nothing and are "Raging Bullshit" over there's little b!tch.. smile He called you out and agrees your biased here. Only a fanboy would say he beats Rocky in a punching contest.

FrothByte
Rocky trains to punch, McClane doesn't. Sure it's not a boxing match, but a boxer trains to deliver proper punches... meaning proper alignment of the fists so you don't crank your wrists and proper delivery of punches so you maximize power even doing short punches.

McClane has none of this training, meaning Rocky will punch harder and will have better form. Rocky will cripple McClane's hands.

Dolos
Originally posted by FrothByte
Rocky trains to punch, McClane doesn't. Sure it's not a boxing match, but a boxer trains to deliver proper punches... meaning proper alignment of the fists so you don't crank your wrists and proper delivery of punches so you maximize power even doing short punches.

McClane has none of this training, meaning Rocky will punch harder and will have better form. Rocky will cripple McClane's hands. But in a death match McClane wins because he can't die.

Literally, McClane uses the power of suggestion and that's why he never gets killed. Some people call it luck, it's really projected luck.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Dolos
But in a death match McClane wins because he can't die.

Literally, McClane uses the power of suggestion and that's why he never gets killed. Some people call it luck, it's really projected luck.

Death match as in no holds barred match then yeah, McClane gets my vote. But in a boxing match or in a bloody knuckles match, only a fool would back up McClane.

Dolos
Death match as in no holds barred match then yeah, McClane gets my vote. But in a boxing match or in a bloody knuckles match, only a fool would back up McClane. Maybe Die Hard 1 hangs tough for a while. But A Good Day to Die Hard gets messed up. However, John McClane Jr. solos fiction.

The Fat Rambo
Incorrect.

Rocky has no more feats at this than McClane.

But McClane has shown much more durability in his 5 movies to all kinds of blows, blasts, falls, explosions, and trauma without padded gloves, rests, judges, rules etc than Rocky did in his 6,000 movies. McClane owns fit pros still. Therefore he easily pwns smashed up old men, especially semi retarded ones.

Cry more for me.
smile As I thought. Fail. I Quan and I own you.

Sadako of Girth
Well as ever you thought wrongly.

'I Quan'..? A confession, or just another fail...? smile

Sadako of Girth
He called you out and agrees your biased here. Only a fanboy would say he beats Rocky in a punching contest.

Rocky was not a devastating puncher type. He was very durable though.
He was basically Homer Simpson in that episode where Moe gets him to fight for him. (Homer's thick skull ensuring that he could just be punched for like 3 hours until his opponent would be exhausted before Homer would basically push them over. stick out tongue )

He is against McClane here, and his knuckles will be as durable as the rest of him. So Rocky has never faced knuckles this durable before.

TheGodKiller
Rocky was not a devastating puncher type.
In Rocky 4 he reached that level.

Sadako of Girth
I'll have to rewatch. But McClane's knuckles still may be more resistant than Rocky's..

TheGodKiller
I'll have to rewatch. But McClane's knuckles still may be more resistant than Rocky's..
He was matching Drago blow for blow in the later rounds. That's indicative of his evolution from just a dancer type fighter to a punching powerhouse.

Sadako of Girth
He wasn't a dancing man either. Just durable and a refuser of giving up. He learned in montages in 3 to move a bit.

The Fat Rambo

O'rly?

ddymqt28uwo

Rocky broke the ribs in the meat he was punching. He also broke Apollo's ribs. McClane never, not once, broke someone/something's ribs. Pwned.

O'rly?

Ixb1lErfYLE

Drago punched with 2150 PSI. Lol at you, dude. " Rocky has never faced knuckles this durable before".......Indeed.

Sadako of Girth
Oh wooooowwwwwwww somone able to break ribs bareknuckle.
I guess Rocky (being the only guy ever to have done that in history) must be out busting up people all the time every saturday night...everywhere...

(Or is it not that much of an impressive feat as you make out..? smile )

You cannot state that 'Mcclane never broke anyone's ribs ever' with any certainty. In fact has a wicked body shot, and most likely DID break ribs.
McClane is demonstratively tougher than slabs of generic animal meat. And that meat didn't punch back either.

BruceSkywalker
Besides Rocky cannot break McClane as McClane will take each and every punch Rocky throws at him and unlike in the Rocky films where he went the distance a whole lot that isn't happening here.. Rocky gets knocked out

quanchi112

McClane has none of this training, meaning Rocky will punch harder and will have better form. Rocky will cripple McClane's hands. thumb up

quanchi112
He was basically Homer Simpson in that episode where Moe gets him to fight for him. (Homer's thick skull ensuring that he could just be punched for like 3 hours until his opponent would be exhausted before Homer would basically push them over. stick out tongue )

He is against McClane here, and his knuckles will be as durable as the rest of him. So Rocky has never faced knuckles this durable before. Watch the Rocky films. Your ignorance is appalling.

Comparing McClane up against a professional boxer is hilarious.

Sadako of Girth
Yes: Comparing someone who is unbreakable against a smashed up professional ancient boxer is. Yet still you do it.

TheGodKiller
He wasn't a dancing man either. Just durable and a refuser of giving up. He learned in montages in 3 to move a bit.
His speed certainly improved across the second and the third movies. He was the white man's version of Muhammad Ali, that much is pretty indisputable. /shrugs

Robtard

McClane has none of this training, meaning Rocky will punch harder and will have better form. Rocky will cripple McClane's hands.

DH5, McClane KO's a guy with one punch and the sound affect used made it seem like a side of beef hitting concrete, it was ridiculous, but a feat is a feat.

And if you think boxing techniques translate to something like bloody knuckle contest, you're loony.

FrothByte
DH5, McClane KO's a guy with one punch and the sound affect used made it seem like a side of beef hitting concrete, it was ridiculous, but a feat is a feat.

And if you think boxing techniques translate to something like bloody knuckle contest, you're loony.

He KO's an average joe who is completely unprepared for the hit. Any fit male can do the same as long as the opponent is unprepared and you get a clean shot in. Heck I can do it, you probably can too.

Boxing techniques grant you muscle memory to deliver proper punches and (if done properly) will train and strengthen your wrist and hand muscles to deliver punches without hurt your hand (at least that's how it's supposed to be). Rocky is old school, usually using a slab of frozen cow as his punching bag without wearing any gloves.

McClane has none of this training. Indeed, McClane has no feat whatsoever that shows him capable of punching for 12-18 rounds. His hands are not used to that kind of abuse. McClane has no feat that shows him having fists more durable than Rocky.

Lestov16
What if it was a bloodlusted unarmed H2H deathmatch in a karate dojo?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Lestov16
What if it was a bloodlusted unarmed H2H deathmatch in a karate dojo?

If it was a no holds barred h2h match then I'm leaning towards McClane. But in either a boxing match or a bloody knuckles contest, then Rocky wins hands down. He's a freakin heavyweight champion for crying out loud. He's bigger, heavier, and way better trained (at least when it comes to boxing). He doesn't even need to knock out McClane, he just needs to out-point him or break his hands.

quanchi112
He KO's an average joe who is completely unprepared for the hit. Any fit male can do the same as long as the opponent is unprepared and you get a clean shot in. Heck I can do it, you probably can too.

Boxing techniques grant you muscle memory to deliver proper punches and (if done properly) will train and strengthen your wrist and hand muscles to deliver punches without hurt your hand (at least that's how it's supposed to be). Rocky is old school, usually using a slab of frozen cow as his punching bag without wearing any gloves.

McClane has none of this training. Indeed, McClane has no feat whatsoever that shows him capable of punching for 12-18 rounds. His hands are not used to that kind of abuse. McClane has no feat that shows him having fists more durable than Rocky. owned.

quanchi112
Yes: Comparing someone who is unbreakable against a smashed up professional ancient boxer is. Yet still you do it. Rocky is a PROFESSIONAL BOXER where McClane is just another victim. Pretty clear who wins this, Sus.

FrothByte
Yes: Comparing someone who is unbreakable against a smashed up professional ancient boxer is. Yet still you do it.

It's a pretty big stretch to call McClane unbreakable. He hasn't been knocked out in his movies, but he's been hurt plenty. I think you're confusing the Die Hard movies with Unbreakable.

The Fat Rambo
Oh wooooowwwwwwww somone able to break ribs bareknuckle.
I guess Rocky (being the only guy ever to have done that in history) must be out busting up people all the time every saturday night...everywhere...

(Or is it not that much of an impressive feat as you make out..? smile )

You cannot state that 'Mcclane never broke anyone's ribs ever' with any certainty. In fact has a wicked body shot, and most likely DID break ribs.
McClane is demonstratively tougher than slabs of generic animal meat. And that meat didn't punch back either. Lol, fail. "Most likely" broke ribs? Lol, fail again.

Wicker body shot? You mean the body shots the Colonel and Karl tanked like a boss? Rocky breaks ribs with body shots (Apollo). McClane merely makes his enemies grunt. Rocky>>>>>McClane.

Point is that those vids alone prove that Rocky is tougher/harder on every level than McClane is. McClane has zero feats that come close to the Rocky feats I posted. If he does, post them. If not (Rhetorical) then concede.

The Fat Rambo

And if you think boxing techniques translate to something like bloody knuckle contest, you're loony. Lol, a Russian nobody. Try again.

Sadako of Girth
It's a pretty big stretch to call McClane unbreakable. He hasn't been knocked out in his movies, but he's been hurt plenty. I think you're confusing the Die Hard movies with Unbreakable.

And you need to see DH5, Im guessing from your appraisal.

Sadako of Girth
Lol, a Russian nobody. Try again.

Oh dear.

1) That guy could have been the Russian equivalent of Batman, for all you know, rather than the Van Zan you make him out to be. He looked big enough and capable enough.

2) He did the same to a top Russian secret service guy too. (Who had a machine gun pointed at McClane at the time also)

Try (and fail) again.

FrothByte
And you need to see DH5, Im guessing from your appraisal.

I have a copy right here and I see nothing in it to suggest he's unbreakable. Tough son of a b**ch yes, but not invulnerable, not unbreakable, nowhere near the superman stats you seem to give him.

Besides, you forget that there are other Die hard films, films where he was clearly hurt (once by a girl who probably weighs half as much as Rocky). I think you need to rewatch all those films before you post again.

Sadako of Girth
Despite the multitudes of things that would have killed any normal human being, you mean?

You forget that in those other movies, he never suffered a break. Once. Ever. Despite numerous collisions, impacts, falls, smashes, explosions and anything else.

Im not giving him Superman stats. Just going off of the 5 movies.
And McClane has yet to be shown having a problem with Kryptonite.

FrothByte
Despite the multitudes of things that would have killed any normal human being, you mean?

You forget that in those other movies, he never suffered a break. Once. Ever. Despite numerous collisions, impacts, falls, smashes, explosions and anything else.

Im not giving him Superman stats. Just going off of the 5 movies.

Unfortunately, this competition isn't to the death. If it was, I'd give it to McClane. This is simply a contest till one of them breaks his hand or gives up. Or if it was a boxing match, to see who wins the match. AND, McClane isn't invulnerable. He's been shown to get hurt just like every normal person... unless you claim he's immune to pain? Rocky doesn't need to KO him to win this fight.

Sadako of Girth
It needn't be to the death at all, just surviving what he does with no broken bones is enough to show it..

McClane should have broken his hand (at least) twice in DH5 alone but didn't, punching guys out in one almighty shot per person.
Rocky used gloves with his guys and was never punching something like McClane's knuckles.

And actually, watching that last movie, it could be read indeed that McClane is immune to pain, or has ridiculous amounts of control over it.. (to the extent that it took away from the 'realism' of the character, and therefore the dramatic/peril feel that made the earlier films so electrifying.)

FrothByte
You don't immediately break your hand when you punch somebody. McClane not breaking his hand because he threw a punch means jack. McClane probably threw less punches in his 5 movies than Rocky did in a single match. Rocky has also fought bareknuckles before and even trains bareknuckle.

Does McClane train for bareknuckles?

Again, you are dismissing feats from other DH movies. McClane has been hurt by far less than Rocky. DH5 is one movie. DH1-4 is 4 movies. Guess which one/s hold more weight?

Sadako of Girth
You do when punching someone in the skull bareknuckle as hard as he did in DH5.
Most of the time, a shot to the head will sound like a slapping noise, not a cow kitting the floor at terminal velocity.

Bare knuckle you don't power it like you would against a heavy bag for the reason of your own hand's breakage. And Terminal velocity cow impacts are how hard McClane was hitting, by screenfeats. And his hands were fine.
He could probably take this (as could anyone from his loins) by screenfeats.
wyzJStkVC0U#t=23

Again, are you dismissing how fast/hardhitting McClane is now..?
(Also McClane also beat the tar out of people bareknuckle in those other movies without breaking either hand once.)

The Fat Rambo
Oh dear.

1) That guy could have been the Russian equivalent of Batman, for all you know, rather than the Van Zan you make him out to be. He looked big enough and capable enough.

2) He did the same to a top Russian secret service guy too. (Who had a machine gun pointed at McClane at the time also)

Try (and fail) again. Coulda is Shoulda and Woulda's ugly cousins. Doesn't cut it here, Champ. Facts are what matters.

And the facts are:

Lol, fail. "Most likely" broke ribs? Lol, fail again.

Wicked body shot? You mean the body shots the Colonel and Karl tanked like a boss? Rocky breaks ribs with body shots (Apollo). McClane merely makes his enemies grunt. Rocky>>>>>McClane.

Point is that those vids alone prove that Rocky is tougher/harder on every level than McClane is. McClane has zero feats that come close to the Rocky feats I posted. If he does, post them. If not (Rhetorical) then concede.

Nothing you have posted counters this. Your posts are nothing more than "I want McClane to win so I am ignoring facts" and, as usual, "McClane wins, just cuz."

Lol, terminal velocity cow impacts? laughing You've lost it, man.

Sadako of Girth
Very well: Fact is you do not know whether he was Mikeski Tysonov or not.

No I mean the Karl fight.

Nope it definitely sounded that way. Way heavier than punches generated by human shots. Sound is output of energy caused by an event. The event in this case being massive and fast impact.

You words (i won't say 'argument') sound like long held spite against McClane from you, to me.

Robtard
Lol, a Russian nobody. Try again.

He was a decently sized guy for one and I could easily conclude that he was a Russian somebody, Mr. Downplay.

Point is, McClane has one-shot KO power, despite all your downplays. But again, this is a bloody knuckle contest and not a boxing match. So McClane's super human durability in walking away from falls, explosions, car crashes, being hit in the face with machine-gun stocks, jumping out of speeding cars, being flung from out of control helicopters, crashing through plate glass, surviving uranium blast etc. also translate to his knuckles being super humanly durable.

Now would you like to try agian smile

FrothByte
He was a decently sized guy for one and I could easily conclude that he was a Russian somebody, Mr. Downplay.

Point is, McClane has one-shot KO power, despite all your downplays. But again, this is a bloody knuckle contest and not a boxing match. So McClane's super human durability in walking away from falls, explosions, car crashes, being hit in the face with machine-gun stocks, jumping out of speeding cars, being flung from out of control helicopters, crashing through plate glass, surviving uranium blast etc. also translate to his knuckles being super humanly durable.

Now would you like to try agian smile

Again, any decently sized, fit male has enough punching power to knock someone out as long as he gets a clean shot. McClane knocked out someone who was unprepared for him. No big deal there.

Here, just to prove to you it can be done:
2mTBOIhpKRU

Walking away from falls has nothing to do with knuckle durability. Surviving a car crash has nothing to do with knuckle durability. Getting hit in the face has nothing to do with knuckle durability. Crashing through glass has nothing to do with knuckle durability.

In fact, if you can cite even just one example of McClane having superior knuckle durability than the average tough guy, then we might have something. Has he ever punched through glass windows before? If he has then that's at least proof of good knuckle durability.

Sadako of Girth
He was prepared: He walked up and squared up to fight.(after having hit McClane with his car without deccelerating til after the smashing into him)
The secret service guy who had a machinegun on McClane also was fair game when McClane sparked his ass out cold. But I guess as another example of McClane exhibiting KO power and knuckle durability, that'll continue to be ignored.

FrothByte
He was prepared: He walked up and squared up to fight.(after having hit McClane with his car without deccelerating til after the smashing into him)
The secret service guy who had a machinegun on McClane also was fair game when McClane sparked his ass out cold. But I guess as another example of McClane exhibiting KO power and knuckle durability, that'll continue to be ignored.

The guy was talking (just finished a word) when McClane punched him. Didn't have his hands up, wasn't in any kind of fighting stance. If by "squared up to fight" you mean he squared his shoulders and jutted his jaw forward, then yeah sure... that made it all the more easier to get knocked out.

Again I repeat myself (as you seem to be deaf to this) every average guy has KO power as long as he can land a clean shot. McClane was granted an easy, clean shot because the guy had thrust his face forward and wasn't in any kind of defensive/fighting stance or guard. It doesn't prove that McClane has above average punching power. It just shows that McClane knows how to throw a punch.

McClane knocked out a couple of guys. SO what? Rocky knocked out lots of guys way bigger than McClane, and he did so while these guys were actively trying to fight him.

How does knocking out someone show that McClane has above average knuckle durability?

Robtard
Again, any decently sized, fit male has enough punching power to knock someone out as long as he gets a clean shot. McClane knocked out someone who was unprepared for him. No big deal there.

Walking away from falls has nothing to do with knuckle durability. Surviving a car crash has nothing to do with knuckle durability. Getting hit in the face has nothing to do with knuckle durability. Crashing through glass has nothing to do with knuckle durability.

In fact, if you can cite even just one example of McClane having superior knuckle durability than the average tough guy, then we might have something. Has he ever punched through glass windows before? If he has then that's at least proof of good knuckle durability.

So when Rocky's KO power is touted as a measure of how well he'd do in a 'bloody knuckle contest' it matters, but when McClane's is shown, it suddenly doesn't matter and anyone can do it. That's being biased.

Do you imagine in all of McClane's scrapes his hands were somehow never put under duress? Say for example when he jumped out of a speeding car, bounced, rolled and we see his hands pretty scraped up? Cos it's unlikely.

Done and done already a few pages back with McClane gripping onto an HVAC vent after an explosion and falling in DH1. A normal man's hand wouldn't have the strength or durability to do that; it was a super-human feat. But of course, it was ignored smile

FrothByte
So when Rocky's KO power is touted as a measure of how well he'd do in a 'bloody knuckle contest' it matters, but when McClane's is shown, it suddenly doesn't matter and anyone can do it. That's being biased.

Do you imagine in all of McClane's scrapes his hands were somehow never put under duress? Say for example when he jumped out of a speeding car, bounced, rolled and we see his hands pretty scraped up? Cos it's unlikely.

Done and done already a few pages back with McClane gripping onto an HVAC vent after an explosion and falling in DH1. A normal man's hand wouldn't have the strength or durability to do that; it was a super-human feat. But of course, it was ignored smile

I'm not saying McClane is a weak puncher, just that it's ridiculous to claim that he has one-shot knockout power simply because he knocked-out a civilian. No one claimed that Rocky has one-shot knockout power either (at least I didn't).

Rocky tests his punching power against professional fighters while wearing gloves, and he wins by using his fists and the strength of his punches. He wins by ONLY using his fists.

McClane uses whatever form of fighting he needs, and usually wins via dirty fighting tactics. Not that that's a bad thing, just that it shows that he isn't this worldclass striker/puncher, otherwise he wouldn't need to resort to dirty fighting tactics to finish his fights.

McClane hanging on to an HVAC... must have missed that, but yes that's a valid feat. So far the best feat yet mentioned in favor of McClane.

The Fat Rambo
Very well: Fact is you do not know whether he was Mikeski Tysonov or not.

No I mean the Karl fight.

Nope it definitely sounded that way. Way heavier than punches generated by human shots. Sound is output of energy caused by an event. The event in this case being massive and fast impact.

You words (i won't say 'argument') sound like long held spite against McClane from you, to me.

Cool story, Brah.

Good then. Because Mac was going to town on Karl's torso and Karl barely slowed down.

Lol, do you have any idea the force of a cow/terminal velocity impact would make?

Lol, sure, why not. Fact is, you have STILL not countered anything I said.

The Fat Rambo

Here, just to prove to you it can be done:
2mTBOIhpKRU

In fact, if you can cite even just one example of McClane having superior knuckle durability than the average tough guy, then we might have something. Has he ever punched through glass windows before? If he has then that's at least proof of good knuckle durability. Oh they mad now.

Esau Cairn
YouTude clip is irrelevant considering the guy knocked-out was clearly already heavily intoxicated.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
YouTude clip is irrelevant considering the guy knocked-out was clearly already heavily intoxicated.

Bwahahaha. And you're basing this on what? Did you measure his blood alcohol content?

He looked pretty stable on his feet. Besides, you can find dozens of youtube videos showing regular guys knocking each other out with puny punches.

FrothByte
Way heavier than punches generated by human shots. Sound is output of energy caused by an event. The event in this case being massive and fast impact.

I disagree. Sound output from a strike depends on many factors, not just the power of impact. A slap is louder than a punch, doesn't mean it's stronger. A punch to the gut sounds louder than a punch to the ribs, doesn't mean it does more damage. A punch to the cheek is louder than a punch to the chin or to the nose, doesn't mean it's stronger.

Sadako of Girth
Something that sounds like the punches in question was louder than all. The low end of the thud denotes louder/more powerful. Weight = Bass.

Sadako of Girth
Cool story, Brah.

Good then. Because Mac was going to town on Karl's torso and Karl barely slowed down.

Lol, do you have any idea the force of a cow/terminal velocity impact would make?

Lol, sure, why not. Fact is, you have STILL not countered anything I said.

Karl was a freak. (Note the fact that he was kicked thoroughly in the head and continued for example)
He sure looked pretty slowed down at the end of that encounter. And McClane battered him AFTER Karl shot him.
Accumulation then capitalisation for the win.

Yeah thats why I said it.

Oh it was countered. But feel free to sit there with fingers in your ears going: "Nyahhhh nhyaaaahhh cannnn't hearrrr youuu" all you like though. smile

Lestov16
M-fqCYoa9A8

The punch in question

TheGodKiller
^That's something Rocky could easily replicate anytime of the day. /shrugs

Sadako of Girth
Yet he never did. Not at that speed. "Speed kills" etc etc

Also Rocky movies would be like 29 mins long including build-up/period of self doubt/being coaxed by Adrienne/re-establishing some level of confidence/montage.

Also Rocky lacks the McResilliance of unholiness

FrothByte
Yet he never did. Not at that speed. "Speed kills" etc etc

Also Rocky movies would be like 29 mins long including build-up/period of self doubt/being coaxed by Adrienne/re-establishing some level of confidence/montage.

Also Rocky lacks the McResilliance of unholiness

McClane's punch looked like an average hook to me. Not too fast, not too slow. Definitely not sharp-looking enough. If that's how you think a fast punch looks like, then guys like Pacquiao and Mayweather must be like the Flash to you.

Rocky never knocked out someone like that because he never sucker punched an unsuspecting civilian.

Sadako of Girth
It was a slappy hook/cross. (McClane, like Willis, I'd guess) is a southpaw. Not much body behind it other than some shoulder rotation, and McClane was standing tall at the time. This all makes the audible, seeable effect of that shot that bit more impressive.

It was compared to Rocky's telegraphed slowness..so I guess by your logic Rocky must look like Foreman on valium to you.

Well neither did McClane. Dunno about how they do things where you're from, but when a dude hits you with his car, then stops, gets out of the car, strides towards you looking aggressive, (when he should be apologising and shitting himself) and yelling at you whilst closing range, they expect that you're gonna gonna have a kickoff if the guy wasn't wheel fodder.

You keep going on about the guy I just described, yet you ignore the equally impressive punching out of the trained combat merc McClane did in the ballroom scene. That is the signature of your trollery here today.

FrothByte
It was a slappy hook/cross. (McClane, like Willis, I'd guess) is a southpaw. Not much body behind it other than some shoulder rotation, and McClane was standing tall at the time. This all makes the audible, seeable effect of that shot that bit more impressive.

It was compared to Rocky's telegraphed slowness..so I guess by your logic Rocky must look like Foreman on valium to you.

Well neither did McClane. Dunno about how they do things where you're from, but when a dude hits you with his car, then stops, gets out of the car, strides towards you looking aggressive, (when he should be apologising and shitting himself) and yelling at you whilst closing range, they expect that you're gonna gonna have a kickoff if the guy wasn't wheel fodder.

You keep going on about the guy I just described, yet you ignore the equally impressive punching out of the trained combat merc McClane did in the ballroom scene. That is the signature of your trollery here today.

Which merc? The one he tackled and knocked out while straddling him? What does that prove? McClane is a good scrapper, I never claimed otherwise. Still doesn't prove that he has this uber knockout power that you keep claiming. The guy was on his back and was unable to defend himself. McClane smacked him in the face and knocked him out. Like I said before, any average guy can knockout someone as long as they're given a clean shot.

As for the jeep driver, he didn't intentionally hit McClane. McClane waded into fast traffic and thus got hit. It was McClane's own fault that he got hit. Impressive durability shown by McClane though. But his punch wasn't all that. It was a slightly sloppy punch, and yet I've seen sloppier punches knockout guys (see video I posted above).

I don't know where you're from, but for most of the rest of the world, you don't punch a guy simply because he's shouting at you. Otherwise there'd be millions of brawls in offices. This guy might have been aggressive, but he definitely was unprepared for that shot. Thus a cheap shot. A sucker punch. You denying that is the "signature of your trollery here today".

As for telegraphed slowness, check out McClane's fight with the chick in Die Hard 4 and see her ducking around his blows making him look sloppy. Sure he won that fight, but not through any punching speed of any sort.

Esau Cairn
Bwahahaha. And you're basing this on what? Did you measure his blood alcohol content?

Yes, because it's clear that only sober people ask to be punched in their faces.

And do look closer at what's in the guy's pocket.
A bottle of alcohol. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Fat Rambo
Karl was a freak. (Note the fact that he was kicked thoroughly in the head and continued for example)
He sure looked pretty slowed down at the end of that encounter. And McClane battered him AFTER Karl shot him.
Accumulation then capitalisation for the win.

Yeah thats why I said it.

Oh it was countered. But feel free to sit there with fingers in your ears going: "Nyahhhh nhyaaaahhh cannnn't hearrrr youuu" all you like though. smile

Nah, Karl was a man, just like the Colonel. And they both tanked his body shots like a boss.

Lol, I own you.

Sadako of Girth
So was Unbreakable, so is McClane etc etc yet they regularly do things that transcend normal boundaries of normality.

LOL You continually pwn yourself.

Sadako of Girth
Which merc? The one he tackled and knocked out while straddling him? What does that prove? McClane is a good scrapper, I never claimed otherwise. Still doesn't prove that he has this uber knockout power that you keep claiming. The guy was on his back and was unable to defend himself. McClane smacked him in the face and knocked him out. Like I said before, any average guy can knockout someone as long as they're given a clean shot.

When you aren't punching from a decent anchored standing position, you only punch with 20% of your regular power, due to it being mostly arm, rather than how you'd punch with your bodyweight behind it. But McClane STILL knocked his ass out.
I don't claim anything: I'm just observing what was shown.
The average guy might not be able to depending on who they are punching. Joe Schmoe was never gonna be able to take 80s Tyson for example. Clean shot or no.

Even so he squared up, paid the price and took a rapid journey to night-night land. Yes I said it was a lazy yet fast shot: But it still sounded like A member of the bovine species coming unstuck when trying to use the Timecop method of time travel and he dropped the guy immediately.

You can, actually. The law may not agree with you, but you can. McClane had just been struck by the guys vehicle and the guy didnt look concerned for McClane's safety, he just came over and started to be aggressive and was shouting and showing classic prefight signs..also McClane had a mission to get on with and didn't have time for a bullshit road rager.
The guy was prepared. He clearly was walking over to McClane with intent, giving off the classic aggressor signs and he had just hit McClane with his car.
Man you really don't like McClane, do you.
Also are you suggesting that no office has ever had a fight in it..?
And if a 'dirty shot' is constituted by the reciver of it not being prepared, then 90% of boxing matches, fights, tournaments of any discipline ever are dirty. He had a clear view, could see it coming, got knocked out. Thats a fair shot. He had every opportunity to defend himself, but most likely didnt cause he was going through his prefight thing of concentrating on what he was gonna do to McClane rather than the otherway round. Classic mistake.

He clearly improved.

the ninjak
Heh...same old punch having so much controversy.

The sound effect that accompanied it was simply unnatural. Yet McClane did it.
I call them Indy punches. Woman were pulling them off. But feats are feats.

Sadako of Girth
Yes debate of the kind not seen since Ali Liston II.

Robtard

He clearly improved.

Exactly 100% spot-on and supported consistently by movie feats.

McClane like a Saiyan improves with every battle/film. By Die Hard 10 he'll be KO'ing elephants and tanking tactical nukes.

BruceSkywalker
Exactly 100% spot-on and supported consistently by movie feats.

McClane like a Saiyan improves with every battle/film. By Die Hard 10 he'll be KO'ing elephants and tanking tactical nukes.

i think that happens in the next one big grin laughing out loud

quanchi112
Rocky rapes. Professional boxer easily owns the punching bag once again.

The Fat Rambo
Of course he does. You should know by now that according to the McFangirls, McClkane can beat anyone at any time. He is God.

quanchi112
Of course he does. You should know by now that according to the McFangirls, McClkane can beat anyone at any time. He is God. laughing out loud

Robtard
Of course he does. You should know by now that according to the McFangirls, McClkane can beat anyone at any time. He is God.

Calm down, it's just an MVF thread.

Esau Cairn
Calm down, it's just an MVF thread.

Is it true that every time someone posts on a MVF thread, there's a lonely pretty girl reaching for her vibrator...wondering where all the real men are..?

The Fat Rambo
Calm down, it's just an MVF thread. Concession accepted.

Robtard
Concession accepted.

McClane won on the first page. #dealwithit

quanchi112
McClane won on the first page. #dealwithit No, he got curbed on the first page. #livewithit

The Fat Rambo
Rocky won on the first punch. Agreed.

quanchi112
Agreed. Robbie is a huge fanboy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.