Need help identifying two old animes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rhoda(dendron)
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here but I actually came over from the Horror genre sub forum where they have a sticky topic. I couldn't find anything similar here so I thought I would just ask in a new thread.

Years ago I used to be obsessed with anime and I had a very close friend in Japan that used to send my video cassettes of anime tv shows/movies he taped. I lost two tapes he made for me after I lent it to friend who never returned it. Most of the series and movies I can recover but two very specific movies elude my memory. I'm trying to rebuild my old collection so I would really appreciate it if anyone can identity these:

1. This movie takes place in the future. This young man is training for some kind or corps when (and my timeline might be off here) they are attacked by these really highly developed alien mecha. One of the suits, which is different is held in a research lab somewhere, where a young scientist (the lead character's love interest) discovers that they have highly advance human dna. The young man is able to basically merge with the suit and fight off the invading aliens, who they have discovered are actually humans from a space expedition in the past that got caught up in some kind of time dilation where their dna had evolved and that the mecha was actually some kind of exoskeleton. In the epilogue, there's even a short scene where, I think, the main couples kids are shown running into a museum dedicated to protagonist mecha.

2. I've only ever seen this it is original Japanese tv airing with no subtitles. It's sort of like Saint Seiya. It starts with a kid being chased through a forest by some kind of cyborg thing and finally running into the streets where he is or almost is hit by the main character on a bike. The boy is only wearing a large white tshirt, no shoes, no pants. The main character takes him home in an effort to find out who he is and where he belongs. He feeds him, even gives him a shower but the kid isn't really talking. There's even a scene where he sees the main character kill a bug and when the main character wakes up in the morning he finds the boy outside killing a bunch of bugs in imitation. Stuff happens in the interim but finally the organization that's after the kid shows up and more or less tries to kidnap him. He calls on his friends, they all transform, Seiya style. The main character's outfit is like a flaming bird, all reds and orange with dark glasses/goggles. In the end they save the kid but I think he steps in to save the main guy from getting shot with a beam (they've become like brothers) and instead of dying he points to the moon or another planet in the sky and he turns to crystal. I think the final scene happened on a beach and I think he might have cracked in half after he turned into crystal.

Sorry for the overly long explanations guys, I just wanted to make sure I got all the points I remembered. I remember a lot of little things but a lot of other things, most especially names, elude me. Hope someone can help

Rhoda(dendron)
Duh! I just read out my post to my brother to see if he can remember anything I should add and he immediately identified the first as Detonator Orgun. Seems kind of silly now that I didn't remember that or ask him in the first place. As for the second movie, he remember s watching it vaguely but not much else so if anyone can still help with that I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.