The best story this yr???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Whats the best read you have had this yr?

Infinity has been amazing so far.

dial J for Josh
Infinity wins. No other arc compares. Jonathan Hickman is a magician. I cannot wait for the conclusion to this epic story.

DarkSaint85
Indestructible Hulk.

Galan007
In no particular order...

Thor: God of Thunder (particularly the Gorr-arc)
Trinity War
Phantom Stranger
Justice League Dark
Green Arrow (everything after issue #16)

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007

Trinity War
Phantom Stranger
Justice League Dark

You don't like infinity?

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Indestructible Hulk.

thumb up

comicfan11
Throne of Atlantis
Aquaman
Trinity War
Thor God of Thunder
Justice League Dark / Phantom Stranger / Constantine (the whole magic side of DC has been really good)

Neither Infinity nor Forever Evil are done, so no opinion there yet.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
You don't like infinity? It's been good. Just not a favorite of mine, atm.

celeyhyga17
Whats the best read you have had this yr?

Infinity has been amazing so far.
God Butcher/Godbomb by far
Infinity so far...
Wonder Woman (First Born stuff)
Hawkeye
Superman Unchained so far...
Uncanny Avengers (Apocalypse Twins stuff)

carver9
Superman unchained has been good so far. Wonder why the issues release date are so far apart.

celeyhyga17
Superman unchained has been good so far. Wonder why the issues release date are so far apart.
Beats me.

I think it easily outclasses all the other Superman titles.

Golgo13
Superman Unchained is mega boring. Throne of Atlantis and Trinity War FTW. I've been missing some EPIC mystic arcs and this fills my needs.

Golgo13
Forever Evil is also becoming one of my favorite mega crossovers in a LONG time. Hopefully it keeps up. Nice character interaction, mystery, and action.

Gorr arc has also been in my top 5.

Golgo13

Trinity War
Phantom Stranger
Justice League Dark

Damn FORGOT Green Arrow. Easily one of the best books on the stands. Phantom Stranger as well. First Born (WW) is also up there.

carver9
Originally posted by Golgo13
Superman Unchained is mega boring. Throne of Atlantis and Trinity War FTW. I've been missing some EPIC mystic arcs and this fills my needs.

Huh? Can't be serious.

TOA is good, I agree and Trinity is good as well. I hate Justice League Dark...only liked one issue so far.

Golgo13
Huh? Can't be serious.

TOA is good, I agree and Trinity is good as well. I hate Justice League Dark...only liked one issue so far.

I am serious. It's not horrible or anything, but it's not spectacular, either. I love DC's mystical side, so JLD ftw. Can't wait until the new team forms. Zauriel, Swamp Thing, Pandora, possibly Etrigan and Phantom Stranger? It's going to be a MASSIVE team.

celeyhyga17
Umm, mega no!

I am serious. It's not horrible or anything, but it's not spectacular, either. I love DC's mystical side, so JLD ftw. Can't wait until the new team forms. Zauriel, Swamp Thing, Pandora, possibly Etrigan and Phantom Stranger? It's going to be a MASSIVE team.
Zauriel and Etrigan should be interesting.

Galan007
I hate Justice League Dark...only liked one issue so far. Different strokes, I guess.

In my opinion, though, JLD is easily one of DC's best books.

Cogito
Since this is Carter's thread, and nobody really cares about his feelings, and since most people now are saying the same things, and since this is in the wrong forum anyways, I'm gonna go ahead a hijack this thread and tack on another tougher follow-up question.

What are the best individual issues released this year?

Galan007
Thor: GoT #11
GL #20
Swamp Thing #23.1: Anton Arcane
Justice League #23
Phantom Stranger #10
JLD #23
Green Arrow #24

I was going to add some Indie stuff to my list, but hardly anyone here would know wtf I was talking about. ermm

carver9
Different strokes, I guess.

In my opinion, though, JLD is easily one of DC's best books.

JLD seem to focus more on Swamp Thing and I don't like the character. Frankenstein is amazing though.

Flash has some amazing speed fts as well

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/carver9/?action=view&current=snapshot10_zps2084615a.jpg

-Pr-
Throne of Atlantis had a great start and middle, but a weak ending.

Infinity has been all right so far.

Superman Unchained is, like the rest of the Superman books, kinda meh atm. It's okay, just not great.

I was really impressed with Trinity War (partially because of low expectations), but the evil stuff has been mixed so far.

Indestructible Hulk has been solid; Mark Waid can't go wrong.

Originally posted by Cogito
Since this is Carter's thread, and nobody really cares about his feelings, and since most people now are saying the same things, and since this is in the wrong forum anyways, I'm gonna go ahead a hijack this thread and tack on another tougher follow-up question.

The one where Superman kisses Wonder Woman, because **** Lois Lane.

Galan007
JLD seem to focus more on Swamp Thing and I don't like the character. Frankenstein is amazing though.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/carver9/?action=view&current=snapshot10_zps2084615a.jpg There was only a few issues of JLD that even featured Swamp Thing-- aside from those issues, he hasn't been involved in the book at all. And yes, Frankenstein is awesome-- his DCnU incarnation is beastly.

Golgo13

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/carver9/?action=view&current=snapshot10_zps2084615a.jpg

Swamp Thing was only in a handful of issues, bro!

carver9
I know...he was in the later issues...issue 19, 20, and 21. I stopped reading it after that...stopped at issue 22 where an infected Superman broke lose.

the Darkone
Thor God of Thunder is the best of the best or one of the best from beginning to end.
Constantine I have been good what I been hearing
Trinity
Infinity getting their
Indestructible Hulk solid
Captain America

comicfan11
Single issues.

Justice League 16 (Throne of Atlantis - Reis on art pawns everything)
Justice League 22-23 (Trinity War - Reis again does blockbuster better than anyone else)
Aquaman 21 (Dead King arc)
Thor God of Thunder 9,10,11
Phantom Stranger 10
Suicide Squad 22

Golgo13
Phantom Stranger has been gold under JM Dematteis. He gets mystic realm and I'm definitely looking forward to the Blight arc.

dial J for Josh
Omg you guys reminded me I completely forgot about Thor God of thunder with the Gorr story arc. It was phenomenal all the way through and the ending was epic. I have to disclose, I always thought Thor was cool but he was never a character I truly cared for. This storyline has made me grow a new found respect for the character. The amount of punishment and pain that he had to endure when facing a foe who's sole purpose was to eradicate skyfathers. For me the one moment that made me become a fan of Thor was when modern Thor felt hopeless and felt that all was lost, then he said the bomb cannot be stopped what do we do. Then all-father thor replied. "Your Thor, you hit it with hammers..." Then he proceeded to dual-wield 2 mjolnirs. Lol I officially marked out at that moment. This arc was a textbook example of what can be done with a character if written in a delicate cohesive manner. I now look forward to more of Third journeys in the near future.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://24.media.tumblr.com/18b422ff56601d41f172892b850dd0bc/tumblr_mrj76l4H7A1rv1d8ho1_500.gif

My pick.

Diesldude
Originally posted by -Pr-

The one where Superman kisses Wonder Woman, because **** Lois Lane.

Wonder how many other superfans feel this way. I'm one that agrees with you on this.

To me, God of Thunder with gorr was the best story by far.

dial J for Josh
Also can anyone inform me if Indestructible Hulk is worth picking up? Carver appears to like it. As a child Hulk was my favorite hero of all time, but I unfortunately grew out of love with the character. I was hoping that this title may revitalize that fire again.

carver9
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Also can anyone inform me if Indestructible Hulk is worth picking up? Carver appears to like it. As a child Hulk was my favorite hero of all time, but I unfortunately grew out of love with the character. I was hoping that this title may revitalize that fire again.

Waid is focused more on fts than story telling. If you are looking for fts, that's the book to pick up, if you are looking for something great to read, that aint it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Diesldude
Wonder how many other superfans feel this way. I'm one that agrees with you on this.

To me, God of Thunder with gorr was the best story by far.

thumb up

Originally posted by dial J for Josh

As someone who absolutely hated the majority of Pak's work on Hulk, I can tell you that it made me love Hulk's books again.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
http://24.media.tumblr.com/18b422ff56601d41f172892b850dd0bc/tumblr_mrj76l4H7A1rv1d8ho1_500.gif

My pick.

thumb up

Thor byfar was the best; especially issue 10 the 3 Thor's vs Gorr was phucking epic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Imagine if Thor had gained possession of the Necro-Sword and the extra Mjolnir.

The Living Tribunal Stark found would have had two hammer shaped holes in his head instead.

Galan007
I know...he was in the later issues...issue 19, 20, and 21. I stopped reading it after that...stopped at issue 22 where an infected Superman broke lose. You should have read the issues before that.

ares834
Best story? Hmm, I'd give it to Wonder Woman.

Infinity is pretty good but the build up was far too slow and thus comes in second.

God of Thunder is probably third.

Originally posted by Cogito

Wonder Woman 23. Blows all others away.

carver9
You should have read the issues before that.

I did. They are alright. I guess I'm not into the mystic stuff. Ill probably give it another try.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by ares834
Bed of

Wonder Woman 23. Blows all others away.

Heh bet she does

maxivitopowe
There's this comic I read about two warring aliens falling in love and having a baby

they have a ghost baby sitter and a tree spaceship and a murderous TV/computer headed prince and a beast off a Merc after them

There is magic and science and it is thoroughly awesome but I can't remember the name

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Heh bet she does

Ugh horrible joke

ares834
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
There's this comic I read about two warring aliens falling in love and having a baby

they have a ghost baby sitter and a tree spaceship and a murderous TV/computer headed prince and a beast off a Merc after them

There is magic and science and it is thoroughly awesome but I can't remember the name

It's called Saga.

8swords
suprisingly, thor: god and thunder...
and trinity war

Batman-Prime
Is there a TPB of this Thor story? If everyone thinks it's that good, I should give it a try.

Golgo13
What about from other companies? Saga and luthet strode ftw.

abhilegend
Thor: God of Thunder.

Wonder Woman.

That's it.

janus77
Been disappointed with Waid's Indestructible Hulk, in some respects it's a step up from the "madcap" Aaron stuff, but too much action and not enough Banner/S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff. Had some promise.

Infinity is looking like it's about to fold completely too. The Builders were pretty crap as uber-villains, now they're exposed as the gooey creatures they are, watch as Captain America presents destroys them all single-handedly.

Oh and somewhere in there, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, Spiderwoman is going to get to foist more and more of her mental "issues" upon us.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor: God of Thunder.

Wonder Woman.

That's it.
One of the few things we agree on.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

roll eyes (sarcastic)
One of few times you're ever right.

wink

kevdude

Damn I'm gonna have to buy that! I can't wait! big grin

dial J for Josh
I was a bit disappointed with Trinity Wars. I felt as though the horizon to expand upon the storyline of the Trinity of sin was vast and could have been explored on many more depths. It just left me with more to desire I suppose. Also due to the fact that this event was just the build up to another, in contrast to Age of Ultron. However forever evil is rather interesting, and I am looking forward to where this is going.

quanchi112
Originally posted by celeyhyga17

roll eyes (sarcastic) He agrees like likes Thor stories this year over Superman's.

Galan007
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Is there a TPB of this Thor story? If everyone thinks it's that good, I should give it a try. As in a real/paper/non-digital TPB? Yes. There are two, actually.

The first TPB collects issues #1-5. The second TPB(released this past Wednesday) collects issues #6-11. They cover the entire Gorr affair.

Batman-Prime
As in a real/paper/non-digital TPB? Yes. There are two, actually.

The first TPB collects issues #1-5. The second TPB(released this past Wednesday) collects issues #6-11. They cover the entire Gorr affair.

thumb up will order it.^^

Galan007
It'll be money well spent. A comic series honestly cannot get much better than that arc of God of Thunder. The plot, artwork, coloring, dialogue, etc. are all superb.

And I'm not even a Thor fan, so that should tell you a lot.

jitay
I was thinking that this would be a good idea

They basically go through every arc/(maybe comic? If that isn't too long) redraw it get the actors who are playing the parts in the movies and just do a cartoon series like that sorta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.