stand by or stand aside?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverinos
you walk the streets, suddenly you see your favorite Hero getting his ass kicked by group of villains, you know if you try to help you are going to die, will you do it?

pym-ftw
I'd contact the Avengers.

Silent Master
Seeing as none of us have any powers or comic level hth skill and could thus not actually provide any help, you're basically asking us if seeing our favorite hero losing a fight would make us commit suicide.

No, I wouldn't commit suicide because my favorite hero was losing a fight.....Superman, Hulk or Wolverine fans might though.

wolverinos
Originally posted by Silent Master
Seeing as none of us have any powers or comic level hth skill and could thus not actually provide any help, you're basically asking us if seeing our favorite hero losing a fight would make us commit suicide.

No, I wouldn't commit suicide because my favorite hero was losing a fight.....Superman, Hulk or Wolverine fans might though.

its not exactly like that.
you see your favorite hero getting kicked by a group of villains, you know if you interfere and at least jump in to distract them it will help for your favorite character to recuperate and get back in the game, however the cost is a very bad injury to you... would you do it?

Silent Master
Again, as none of us have powers or comic level hth skills we wouldn't even slow them down, so you're basically asking us if seeing our favorite hero losing a fight would make us commit suicide.

The answer is no.

Cogito
so you're basically asking us if seeing our favorite hero losing a fight would make us commit suicide.

The answer is no.

This

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by wolverinos
its not exactly like that.
you see your favorite hero getting kicked by a group of villains, you know if you interfere and at least jump in to distract them it will help for your favorite character to recuperate and get back in the game, however the cost is a very bad injury to you... would you do it?

First you say we'll die, then you say it's a very bad injury, which one is it?

wolverinos
Again, as none of us have powers or comic level hth skills we wouldn't even slow them down, so you're basically asking us if seeing our favorite hero losing a fight would make us commit suicide.

The answer is no.

again as i said you know if you distract them by jumping in it will give your hero the moment to gather himself and get back in the fight.
however i already got your point, you will not jump into the fight even when knowing everything is lost, you are not brave heart and not lion heart!!!! you are weakkk!!!!
Lol just joking stick out tongue

wolverinos
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
First you say we'll die, then you say it's a very bad injury, which one is it?

well if lets say you see superman getting his ass kicked by darkseid, and you decide to jump in to distract him even for a slight second... you get the picture of the outcome... however if your favorite guy is lets say batman and he is getting his ass kicked by several thugs with pipes or something... you could get out of it with just bad injury

-Pr-
Cyclops has a team of people to help; he doesn't need my help.

Silent Master
Again, as we have neither comic level hth skills or powers, we aren't going to distract them at all, which means that you're asking if seeing our favorite hero losing a fight would make us commit suicide.

The answer is no.

As for your sad attempt to call me a coward, I've actually served my country and was deployed twice to the Persian Gulf to help enforce the no-fly zone.

wolverinos
Again, as we have neither comic level hth skills or powers, we aren't going to distract them at all, which means that you're asking if seeing our favorite hero losing a fight would make us commit suicide.

The answer is no.

As for your sad attempt to call me a coward, I've actually served my country and was deployed twice to the Persian Gulf to help enforce the no-fly zone.

i already explained that you dont have to own any kind of super powers, your can just jump in and distract them for a moment that will be enough for the hero to rise up and regroup.

dude you are taking yourself way too seriously, i already stated i was just joking, if you think of yourself that much that no one should even dare to joke with you, i think you should get back down to earth.
anyway i am not going to flame threads with you because of those issues, you explained your opinion and point and thats great.

Silent Master
Without powers or comic level hth skills, you aren't going to distract a group of villains long enough for anyone to recover, thus rendering your attempt at distraction useless and turning it into nothing more than a glorified suicide.

Yamcha
Depends I have two favorite super heroes, for Thor I'd attempt to run up and kick at least one of them in the dick but that alone would probably offend the Odinson since that's a Prince Of Power tactic so...

For Sentry...well I'd curl up beside Robert and cry while trying to shield him with my fragile frame as these villains kick the shit out of us until he comes up with some new power that allows him to blink things out of existence >_>..

Cogito
Originally posted by Yamcha
For Sentry...well I'd curl up beside Robert and cry

I'd curl up and cry too if Sentry were my favorite

wolverinos
Without powers or comic level hth skills, you aren't going to distract a group of villains long enough for anyone to recover, thus rendering your attempt at distraction useless and turning it into nothing more than a glorified suicide.

you dont need any skills at all to distract an attacker.
a super hero with super powers will need a mere moment to get back into the fight.
i already pointed out that in this situation you know it is going to help him regroup and your sacrifice is not in vain.
you missed the point of this thread, the point is not will you be able to effect the outcome, the point is will you do it or not to help your favorite character.
your answer is no and thats great.

DarkSaint85
Yes, I will jump in front of the Omega Sanction confused

Mindship
If Thanos was denting in Surfer's head, yes, I would ask him to stop. Please.

Yamcha
Originally posted by Cogito
I'd curl up and cry too if Sentry were my favorite
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsc432fc66.jpg

Silent Master
you dont need any skills at all to distract an attacker.
a super hero with super powers will need a mere moment to get back into the fight.
i already pointed out that in this situation you know it is going to help him regroup and your sacrifice is not in vain.
you missed the point of this thread, the point is not will you be able to effect the outcome, the point is will you do it or not to help your favorite character.
your answer is no and thats great.

Except, you would need to have powers or comic level hth skills in order to distract a group of comic villains.

wolverinos
Except, you would need to have powers or comic level hth skills in order to distract a group of comic villains.

jumping in front of them or jump on their back and try to cover their eyes does not require super powers.

Silent Master
jumping in front of them or jump on their back and try to cover their eyes does not require super powers.

Execept, you can hardly do that to an entire group at once, not to mention the vast number of villains that can fly, have forcefields, superspeed, have ranged attacks etc etc etc. your tactics wouldn't even slow them down.

deathslash
Execept, you can hardly do that to an entire group at once, not to mention the vast number of villains that can fly, have forcefields, superspeed, have ranged attacks etc etc etc. your tactics wouldn't even slow them down. Really? That's not what happend to Proxima Midnight when she was stopped by an elderly woman right when she was on the cusp of killing Luke Cage. shifty You'd be surprised at how effective throwing a bottle or brick or plank of wood can be.

P.S. no, I wouldn't try to jump in the way of a bunch of thugs beating up Batman. After Bruce is dead and/ or unconcious, I'd take his equipment and then call a paramedic.

janus77
you walk the streets, suddenly you see your favorite Hero getting his ass kicked by group of villains, you know if you try to help you are going to die, will you do it?
get my phone out and youtube the event.

My favourite "hero" is Surfer, so Galactus will bring him back if he dies. And he could always do with getting a bit angrier.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
Cyclops has a team of people Laura to help; he doesn't need my help. Of course he doesn't.

uhuh

Brockalizer
Since I have a concealed carry permit, I would approach these villains and "stand my ground". Being that my favorite Earth based hero is Wolverine, a 357 magnum hollow point round to the head may not be enough to put Sabertooth down permanently, it would certainly be enough to distract him, giving Logan the time that he needs to get the job done.

Mindset
Sabretooth would rape and then eat you.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Mindset
Sabretooth would rape and then eat you. I've dropped cougar, bear, and elk with mine with two shots or less. Real life firearms are a lot more effective than comic book firearms. Like I said, it wouldn't put him down permanently but it's gonna take a few minutes to regrow half a head.

Mindset
Sabretooth is too fast for you to shoot him.

Provided you do hit him, his durability/hf is too much for that one shot to slow him down.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I've dropped cougar, bear, and elk with mine with two shots or less. Real life firearms are a lot more effective than comic book firearms. Like I said, it wouldn't put him down permanently but it's gonna take a few minutes to regrow half a head.

Make your damn mind up - are comic book physics in effect or real world physics?

Comic book physics - HF is in effect, people like Sabes can walk around, your 357 won't do shit...assuming you can hit him.

Real world physics - you drop him with 1 shot, as HFs don't really exist.

Endless Mike
Considering how badly Doctor Strange jobs nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if I could not only distract his attackers, but single-handedly defeat them.

Wei Phoenix
well if lets say you see superman getting his ass kicked by darkseid, and you decide to jump in to distract him even for a slight second... you get the picture of the outcome... however if your favorite guy is lets say batman and he is getting his ass kicked by several thugs with pipes or something... you could get out of it with just bad injury

A bad injury like brain damage, paralysis or death from those pipes.

TheHulk
If it saves the world than yes smile

Warlord
I've dropped cougar, bear, and elk with mine with two shots or less. Real life firearms are a lot more effective than comic book firearms. Like I said, it wouldn't put him down permanently but it's gonna take a few minutes to regrow half a head.

I also droped a cougar last night cool

SquallX
There's no point in me interfering, he's ****ing Superman. cool

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Mindship
If Thanos was denting in Surfer's head, yes, I would ask him to stop. Please. Pretty please, with sugar on top.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Make your damn mind up - are comic book physics in effect or real world physics?

Comic book physics - HF is in effect, people like Sabes can walk around, your 357 won't do shit...assuming you can hit him.

Real world physics - you drop him with 1 shot, as HFs don't really exist. First off, the OP said "I'm walking down the street and I see my favorite hero getting beat up..." I live in the real world, not the comic world, and I carry a very real firearm. Secondly, an accelerated healing factor would not violate real world physics. There is no physical law that says healing cannot be sped up. Thanks to advancements in stem cell and nano tech research the possibility for greatly accelerated healing is virtually inevitable. Instantaneous healing and invulnerability are a different story.

ODG
I would look for the nearest brick, because somehow in comics there's always a few lying around for no reason, aim at the villain's head, hit it without fail because people never miss with bricks in comics, and turn the tide.

DarkSaint85
First off, the OP said "I'm walking down the street and I see my favorite hero getting beat up..." I live in the real world, not the comic world, and I carry a very real firearm. Secondly, an accelerated healing factor would not violate real world physics. There is no physical law that says healing cannot be sped up. Thanks to advancements in stem cell and nano tech research the possibility for greatly accelerated healing is virtually inevitable. Instantaneous healing and invulnerability are a different story.

So.....A guy like Sabretooth is entirely possible? With all the backstory that it entails?

Brockalizer
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So.....A guy like Sabretooth is entirely possible? With all the backstory that it entails? Back story aside yes, IMO a genetically modified human being with heightened senses, accelerated healing, and enhanced stamina are entirely within the realm of possibility. The military has been trying to do this for decades, with suitable advancements in the fields I mentioned earlier and the infinite resources of the federal government it is all but inevitable.

DarkSaint85
Back story aside yes, IMO a genetically modified human being with heightened senses, accelerated healing, and enhanced stamina are entirely within the realm of possibility. The military has been trying to do this for decades, with suitable advancements in the fields I mentioned earlier and the infinite resources of the federal government it is all but inevitable.

So, IOW...no.

rotiart
It's interesting watching wolverinos flip flop once he made a mistake and try to call out other people.

In any case my "favorite" heroes are just idols, they aren't family. I'd recklessly endanger my own life for my family.

For some guy I've heard of and think is cool "like will smith" I'd be on the phone to dial 911.

But my favorite heroes are silver surfer, Kyle rayner, Wendell Vaughn, Scott summers or wade Wilson.

A guy that can take a bullet to the eye and be distracted by a lead pipe tossed at him is clear PIS. Watching the world collapse around during an epic metahuman or cosmic level fight would probably kill me already.

Hell being in a room while they spray it with machine gun bullets would probably kill me from the shrapnel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.