Ulic Qel Droma vs. RotS Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who wins? Takes place on the plains of Naboo.

JediMaster97
Obi-Wan wins. Qel Droma has always been one of the most overrated characters ever.

Intrepid37
Obi.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How so? I'm not saying either of you are wrong, i'd simply like to see why you both think obi wins

JediMaster97

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I think i'll be a rebel and argue for droma here. He's defeated Warb Null, Mandalore the Indomitable (even though Droma was at an enormous disadvantage), stalemated Exar Kun, and held his own against Sylvar while having lost the force, suggesting impressive technical mastery. With the force, he had an amulet given to him by Aleema (kinda like Kun's) that would attack his opponent(s) with pure energy. He was also stated to have had lightning fast reflexes, and was capable of dodging multiple blaster bolts simultaneously. also he was considered one of the great sith lords by Freedon Nadd.

Stealth Moose
Agreed with the above. Qel-Droma is a beast. Of course, I'm so far out of the loop that by this point Obi-Wan is probably a Force God who spanks Dooku on his nights off.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Oh, and he's also single-handedly fought dozens of beast riders, and was capable of mental domination (obviously not on an insanely high level).

NewGuy01
Obi-Wan wins handily.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
handily? no

Stealth Moose
I think that's a joke since he de-handed Anakin.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Agreed with the above. Qel-Droma is a beast. Of course, I'm so far out of the loop that by this point Obi-Wan is probably a Force God who spanks Dooku on his nights off.

Not too far off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqEtXVh8UOo

Jump to 2:16 for the uber part.

Stealth Moose
I don't see anything.

EDIT: NVM.

I don't see anything particular awe-inspiring. While it's interesting to see him dual wield, he didn't really get anywhere, and he got ragdolled as usual.

DARTH POWER
^ I've replaced it with the link.

Nephthys
Well he did fight off and defeat Maul and Savage Oppress at once, which is pretty uber.

Stealth Moose
I didn't see a conclusive defeat. Just him holding them off until they ragdolled him like a ***** and then buried him. Did I miss something?

Nephthys
He cut off Savages arm. Filoni, the director of the cartoon, said that the fight was Obi-Wans victory and when Mauls VA said he felt it was a draw Filoni said it wasn't.

Maul was able to throw him but really it only bought him time, Kenobi was up and after them quickly. In the end, Maul was the one fleeing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What's your thought on the battle neph?

DARTH POWER
I didn't see a conclusive defeat. Just him holding them off until they ragdolled him like a ***** and then buried him. Did I miss something?

They have superior TK, but Kenobi displayed greater Saber skills. If you remember Dooku's fight against Opress and Ventress, then yeah that feat of Kenobi's is pretty uber.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Although there are multiple scenarios where one inferior combatant defeats 2 superior combatants with dual blades.

DARTH POWER
Kenobi displaying excellent Jar Kai skills only adds more to his Saber Prowess.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ventress has utilized jar'kai against Anakin and Obi Wan (while they were both alone) and failed to overwhelm either. When she fought both Anakin and Obi Wan, she held her own and actually would have killed them both, admittedly through the force. Anyways, Kenobi will not be utilizing jar'kai in this scenario anyways.

Stealth Moose
Well, to be fair it is a small confined area, and Maul in particular is known for using an open style (See TPM). While Obi-Wan did a good job in holding them off, defense is his forte (almost ridiculously so; Mace calls him pretty much the best defensive Jedi of the era) they had to work around each other and the environment. I'll rewatch it agian (the EVE browser does not support Youtube apparently) and perhaps reconsider, but on first viewing it did not strike me as say, Dooku level, if that was even considered.

DARTH POWER
Well, to be fair it is a small confined area, and Maul in particular is known for using an open style (See TPM). While Obi-Wan did a good job in holding them off, defense is his forte (almost ridiculously so; Mace calls him pretty much the best defensive Jedi of the era)

It was nice to finally see him earn the name "Best defensive Jedi," because the guy has been disarmed and punched around too often in TCW prior to that episode.

Plus good to see he has a high level of combat prowess in forms other than just Soresu as well- Jar Kai(clearly competent in the use of Dual Sabers), and Ataro- his acrobatics were pretty awesome.

they had to work around each other and the environment. I'll rewatch it agian (the EVE browser does not support Youtube apparently) and perhaps reconsider, but on first viewing it did not strike me as say, Dooku level, if that was even considered.

Good observations as the novel to those episodes"Shadow Conspiracy" confirms the Maul Bros were not as effective in the confined space.

Well Dooku struggled against a lesser duo- Opress and Ventress, and resorted to his superior force powers to defeat them. But then to be fair, Dooku did take on a superior duo- Kenobi and Skywalker later in ROTS.

Zett
^
There are facts that we have to consider.
1) In season 3, Opress is albe to throwing people, who tries to parry his attacks. In season 4 it looks a bit better, and finally in season 5 he's not able to do that.
So, those fights from S3 retconed a bit by S4 and 5 in my opinion.
2) Obi-Wan and Sidious fought Maul (1 blade) and Opress (2 blades) with two sabers. So it was 2 blades vs 3. In Dooku's case, it would be 1 vs 4. I guess, it might be impossible to parry.

DARTH POWER
^ Well yeah I guess it would be impossible for Dooku to block/parry 3 blades simultaneously with just his 1 blade, hence all the dancing around to dodge, and later the use of his superior force powers, which is all fair enough. People have also speculated that Dooku's force powers would prove more effective in a more open environment.
On top of that Dooku wasn't even prepared or ready for the duo attacking him, as he thought Ventress was dead, and didn't realize Opress was a traitor. That all kind of happened out of nowhere for him.

(Oh and I count Opress as having 1 Saber, since he can't attack with both his blades simultaneously.)

S_W_LeGenD
Ulic most likely.

Stealth Moose
http://s16.postimg.org/lxwxdfyqd/kunspower.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/mlk1tx.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/oazlug.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img205/7070/aleemapwned.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img215/7927/killsnadd.jpg

http://img.geocaching.com/track/large/17767908-0b93-418d-bafa-89aa8a5edaa3.jpg

ALL HAIL!

The_Tempest
Obi-Wan solos.

Stealth Moose
Obi-Wan always solos.

The_Tempest
Even with Bandon?

Stealth Moose
Hrm. That's more of an even match, but Bandon fuses with Marka Ragnos and then goes on to rule the galaxy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.