Deathstroke vs captain america

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I am Vegeta
I heard deathstoke is batman's superior in h2h and tactics so how would he do against captain america. Standered gear who wins?

wolverinos
by feats Cap will destroy him, however if we go by whats on paper Cap will destroy him.
but of course in a comic book fight i do believe Cap will destroy him, but then again if we judge by overall showings+ indication of abilities+fights then Cap will destroy him.
but i do respect other opinions and i think there is a chance that Cap will destroy him.

Enzeru
616 Captain America loses to Pre New 52 Deathstroke and to New 52 Deathstroke, simply because Deathstroke is superior to him in terms of physical stats and strategic abilities.
Captain America might be able to defend himself for a while, but there will come the moment, where he is not fast enough to dodge an attack and Deathstroke's sword will cut through him.

Ultimate Captain America beats Pre New 52 Deathstroke due to having better physical stats.
Ultimate Captain America versus New 52 Deathstroke is tricky though, due to New 52 Deathstroke's great armor / durability.

jitay
Originally posted by wolverinos
by feats Cap will destroy him, however if we go by whats on paper Cap will destroy him.
but of course in a comic book fight i do believe Cap will destroy him, but then again if we judge by overall showings+ indication of abilities+fights then Cap will destroy him.
but i do respect other opinions and i think there is a chance that Cap will destroy him.

Daredevil1
Cap wins.

The end.

Batman-Prime
Captain America. Though it will be tough 5-6/10

Cogito
Cap, but with extreme difficulty

Flyattractor
Orange Pirate Boots beat silly Red Pirate boots every day of the week.

deathslash
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Orange Pirate Boots beat silly Red Pirate boots every day of the week. It's just to bad that one of them abandoned his pirate boots for a really bitching tactical suit and the other one went with stupid shoulder pads. Cap wins due to his fashion sense alone.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Cogito
Cap, but with extreme difficulty

Q99
I'm going to point to how they've both done against Batman-

Capt, very close, indicated to be Capt win in a *long* fight.

Deathstroke, has kicked Batman's butt even when Batman got the jump on him.

Silent Master
Has Batman ever admitted that Slade would beat him in a hth fight?

tkitna
Originally posted by Silent Master
Has Batman ever admitted that Slade would beat him in a hth fight?

He tried but he was unconscious. laughing

Silent Master
My point is that even after he lost to Slade, Batman still won't admit that he'd lose in a fight...that's rather telling IMO.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99

Deathstroke, has kicked Batman's butt even when Batman got the jump on him.
thumb up

Estacado
Originally posted by Q99

Deathstroke, has kicked Batman's butt even when Batman got the jump on him. Originally posted by abhilegend
thumb up

Eon Blue
Slade easily.

pym-ftw
Preboot split

Current edge Cap.

comicfan11
Deathstroke 6/10 pre boot.
Deathstroke 7/10 post boot (due to the Nth Metal tech)

Sixth_Winged
Cap or tossup with standard gear
Cap if h2h.

Mshinu
Slade wins.

Q99
My point is that even after he lost to Slade, Batman still won't admit that he'd lose in a fight...that's rather telling IMO.

Telling of what? He lost even when he got the jump. Whether or not he admits it the result was clear.

Silent Master
That per that writer, Cap > Batman in skill.

Daredevil1
Slade wins the majority against Batman as does Cap.

Batman though has defeated Slade before and Cap in a crossover once.

Batman despite not having a fast healing ability like Slade. Knocked out Slade with the but of his Rifile as Slade was going for his sword.

To another time Batman KO'ed Slade via the infamous Bat jump kick via sneak attack.

And even the fight that Batman lost to Slade. Deathstroke was shown to be hurt badly from Batman. Showing it was not as one sided as the Slade fans try to sometimes to make it out to be.

Q99
That per that writer, Cap > Batman in skill.

...? Batman got his *butt* kicked against Slade.

Against Capt, the measured each other out and decided it'd be a long close fight.

Per that writer, Slade > Bats.

Batman got the jump on him that fight, though, and still lost.

Silent Master
No, they measured each other and Batman admitted that he'd lose...IOW that Cap was more skilled.

Q99
No, they measured each other and Batman admitted that he'd lose...IOW that Cap was more skilled.

Yes, after a long and close fight, when facing each other head-on with no surprise.

As opposed to Batman having a mixed record against DS even when almost always ambushing.

Seems like Slade's the more impressive there.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by I am Vegeta
I heard deathstoke is batman's superior in h2h and tactics so how would he do against captain america. Standered gear who wins? DS.

since ur kinda new lemme introduce myself. I am Awesome. you shall worship me as a god. I am this forums Greatest Poster
Cap loses

Silent Master
The thing is, Cap is both more skilled than Batman and has comparable stats to Slade....IOW Slade loses.

iscaremonkeys
The thing is, Cap is both more skilled than Batman and has comparable stats to Slade....IOW Slade loses. slade maybe Bruce Hell no. But you know my hatred of Steve

Silent Master
Generally speaking, I think Steve and Bruce are rather close in skill with Cap IMO having the edge, but I can why people people would give Bruce the edge.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Q99

Yup. But Slade also used his staff as a weapon and his energy blast and Batman didn't really use his other weapons outside of hand to hand combat. Which evens it up.

But my point remains that Slade won but hurt from that fight.

I am Vegeta
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
DS.

since ur kinda new lemme introduce myself. I am Awesome. you shall worship me as a god. I am this forums Greatest Poster
Cap loses **** you hold my balls go no homo lol jk

Vanguard
New 52 Slade trashes Cap

Q99
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Yup. But Slade also used his staff as a weapon and his energy blast and Batman didn't really use his other weapons outside of hand to hand combat. Which evens it up.

But my point remains that Slade won but hurt from that fight.

So? I'm not arguing he wouldn't be hurt, just that he's the stronger fighter.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Q99
So? I'm not arguing he wouldn't be hurt, just that he's the stronger fighter.

Agreed Slade is stronger then Batman. But so is Cap.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Q99
Yes, after a long and close fight, when facing each other head-on with no surprise.

As opposed to Batman having a mixed record against DS even when almost always ambushing.

Seems like Slade's the more "impressive" there.

Not necessarily given that Cap and Bat were more or less feeling each other out and analyzing each others style IIRC. Plus Deathstroke isn't known for holding back as much as Cap normally does in character.

As even the area were they were fighting, it was way different in comparison to where Cap and Bats were fighting. Slade and Bat's fought on some small ledge, where there isn't much room to begin with.

As for Slade victory being more impressive then Cap's vs Bat's.
That really is no more of a point, then someone saying Cap came out far less hurt against Batman. Then Slade did against Batman.

But that to would be irrelevant since their fights was different.

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
...? Batman got his *butt* kicked against Slade.

Against Capt, the measured each other out and decided it'd be a long close fight.

Per that writer, Slade > Bats.

Yeah, Slade beat him down.

To be fair, even accounting for the blind siding, Slade claimed Bats messed him up pretty badly too. To the point where an elite mook who had some fancy kicks was taking it to him.

Q99

As for Slade victory being more impressive then Cap's vs Bat's.
That really is no more of a point, then someone saying Cap came out far less hurt against Batman. Then Slade did against Batman.

Consider the pair aborted the fight because they knew it'd take too long, of *course* Capt came out less hurt. So did Bruce.

The Slade/Bats fight was a completed fight. Batman chose to strike when Slade was in that position. Batman chose when the fight took place. Batman still lost.

Yes. I'm not saying that Slade wouldn't be hurt by Capt or anything, just that Batman's odds are iffy even when he has situational advantage, and thus *Capt*, logically, is going to have quite iffy odds in a strait-up fight.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Q99
Consider the pair aborted the fight because they knew it'd take too long, of *course* Capt came out less hurt. So did Bruce.

The Slade/Bats fight was a completed fight. Batman chose to strike when Slade was in that position. Batman chose when the fight took place. Batman still lost.

Exactly Bruce got the jump on him but Slade had a advantage and used his weapon to aid him in that fight as well, while Batman fought hand to hand on a ledge against him. Batman lost but Slade got hurt as well.

To claim it is more impressive then Cap vs Bats fight. Impressive how since they were different and not a feel out type of fight as the Cap vs Bats was.

Your banking to much on Bruce jumping on Slade as a superior advantage and not adding that Slade held his own initially with his weapon as well. Maybe if he didn't use that weapon in the very beginning and fought hand to hand Bruce would have capitalized much better on Slade. But Slade did use a weapon to fight while Batman did not.

Either way claiming Slade's victory over Batman is more impressive is not much of a point since they were different circumstances in comparison to Cap's vs Bat's fight.

Q99
But, Batman faced Capt unarmed-to-shield too. And Deathstroke normally has weapons so that pretty much applies to all his fights, and has weapons here.

Different circumstances.. that leaned to Bat's direction.

It's kinda impressive gymnastics, how you're trying to paint a clear victory as less impressive than a near-even matchup.

RedX1852
Captain America wins and the Only reason Deathstroke beat Batman is because he is physically stronger, not more skilled, he said it himself and Cap has a Physical Advantage over Batman as well, so it would be a good Fight but in the End Cap Wins he has way better Feats and has more Experience. Deathstroke is Good but he has no chance against Captain America especially Morals Off and if this is Ultimate Captain America it's over for Slade

Warlord
Slade has this. Unless he foolishly curses the great nation of America in the beginning of the fight and gives Cap herald level powers

RedX1852
Originally posted by Warlord
Slade has this. Unless he foolishly curses the great nation of America in the beginning of the fight and gives Cap herald level powers

Ultimate Cap Stomps Slade HARD

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Q99
But, Batman faced Capt unarmed-to-shield too. And Deathstroke normally has weapons so that pretty much applies to all his fights, and has weapons here.

My point exactly. Cap did not use his shield vs Bruce in JLA/Avengers. Slade did use a weapon. As Batman did not use his weapons vs Slade.

Slight differences and Cap holds back more unlike Slade.

It not less impressive nor more impressive. It to "it's" own. In comparison to their fights with a set of different circumstances. Your comparing this fight to another. How about we compare the fight were Batman knocked out Slade with the but of a rifle to his fight were Cap stalemated him with Bat's confession.

See what I did there. Its just you choose this fight alone(for the comparison) which doesn't really make a case for you to Slade being more impressive then Cap.

It is neither here nor there. Your trying to find something to give Slade an edge(over Cap) but that is not the case for your comparison, since it had a different "set" of circumstances to begin with.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by RedX1852
Ultimate Cap Stomps Slade HARD

This is about Cap. Not Ultimate Cap.

wolverinos
Problem with most people is that they go by all kind of bios.
anyone who reads comics knows Cap has by far the better overall feats both on stats and both on fights.
i like how the deathstroke side brings the so called batman fight, how about the ones where slade got his ass handed to him by nightwing? or where he got bested by bronze tiger?
as i said if we go by feats Cap destroys that guy.

namorsubby
Slade.

Q99
Comparing fights is kinda what we *do*. And some fights *are* more impressive than others.

You think if Batman got the drop on Capt he couldn't knock him out?

All fights have different circumstances. To say you can't compare them because of that is silly.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Q99
Comparing fights is kinda what we *do*. And some fights *are* more impressive than others.

Depends on the feats in the fight. You don't really show a more impressive feat that out does Cap's own impressive feats.

Irrelevant by your logic. Batman KO Slade straight up with the butt of his own rifile as Slade was going to use his sword. Batman never knocked out Cap in their fight. So Cap is more impressive by your own logic.(Which I don't agree with)

Of course they can be compared. Its just your comparison to say Slade defeating Batman is more impressive(then Cap vs Bat's fight) is a illogical comparison because of the different circumstances.

It is a different feat but you have not proven it to be better feat. As that is what your stance is lacking.

Here is more of your logic. Cap looks more impressive against Batman if you consider he has never been defeated unlike with a outside factor.

Slade was knocked out by Batman twice. Once with the butt of his rifle and another time via sneak attack. Cap record vs Batman looks far more impressive then Slade.(I don't agree with this logic but I'm using your type of logic)

The only other time Batman won was a voted fight and that one the "out side factor" of water to make Steve drown from Batman's batarang hit.

celeyhyga17
Slade wins with gear.

Cap in pure h2h.

namorsubby
Idk why people ignore all Slades good showings and focus on the bad. What about all those times he effortlessly destroyed nightwing(which is the majority of their fights)? What about when he owned bruce. Hell, he beat Bruce down two times after he suckered him even in one of the encounters he eventually lost. Does cap own superhuman teams close combat, standard gear over and over throughout the years after simply analyzing their strengths and weaknesses? No.

Silent Master
Cap wins

Q99
Depends on the feats in the fight. You don't really show a more impressive feat that out does Cap's own impressive feats.

Slade's done more impressively against Bruce. Bruce is pretty much the only reference point we have between the two. Therefore, it shows an edge.

If we *only* had that one to go on, sure. However, as we have multiple fights to go on, we know that's not how it normally goes. Lucky shots happen, and Capt could get one too, but it's not the norm.

That's not my logic, that's phrasing things in an extremely limited way to overlook the big picture smile

Like Namorsubby said, you can't just ignore Slade's many, many good showings.

Let's not forget, pretty much any time high-level martial artists fight him, they inner-monolog about how much more powerful he is. Even when they have a numbers edge or similar (like when he took on Black Canary, Huntress, and Lady Blackhawk at the same time).

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Q99
Slade's done more impressively against Bruce. Bruce is pretty much the only reference point we have between the two. Therefore, it shows an edge.

An edge that is only in your head. Sure that I agree with.

Yeah and the fight that you cite for Cap vs Bat does not have to be a feel out fight either. Like I said different set of circumstances. You have to look at the over all record. Not just cherry pick the fight you like and ignore the others.

Exactly. One vs compared to another versus. Seems like your looking at the small picture. smile

Good point as this line of reasoning opens the door for many more Cap feats. Cap to gets major props in his strength and powers. Statements from Ironfist himself to Cable, Daredevil, Punisher. The list goes on and on. On Cap's speed and power advantage and this is a guy that normally holds back. Plus add to that with the skill impression that others tell him about as well.

Cap has taken on the entire team of villains and has had a edge on Spiderman himself. USAagent who once stalemated all the Avengers Cap at times makes him look like a joke. Seriously his list goes on and on.

With Cap you might find a bad showing of him without his regular shield losing to Hawkeye equiped with a new prep arrow to takes out his energy shield to score a win.

With Slade you can find Roy Harper no selling Slade's punch(by catching it in his fist easily) and then knocking out Slade briefly.

This route does not lead you to anywhere of some type of advantage for Slade.

maxivitopowe
CA

RedX1852
Cap has this Deathstroke and him are equal in terms of Physical Ability's, the only difference in H2H Skills and Slades Factor

Daredevil1
Originally posted by RedX1852
Cap has this Deathstroke and him are equal in terms of Physical Ability's, the only difference in H2H Skills and Slades Factor

Agree although Cap's healing factor was shown pretty up there in the current run. He didn't age one bit in the 12 years that had passed and the physical trauma of his chest rip and the insane falls. The guy just does not stop but same for Slade.

abhilegend
Cap wins in h2h due to better skills although Slade is physically superior. Slade wins otherwise.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by abhilegend
Slade is physically superior.

Many past Slade fans would claim such a idea. But are never able to actually prove this.

There is a good reason for that.

abhilegend
Many past Slade fans would claim such a idea. But are never able to actually prove this.

There is a good reason for that.
Because cap has a bazillion feats? You can prove Cap is stronger than even spider-man or rhino by them.

namorsubby
An edge that is only in your head. Sure that I agree with.

Yeah and the fight that you cite for Cap vs Bat does not have to be a feel out fight either. Like I said different set of circumstances. You have to look at the over all record. Not just cherry pick the fight you like and ignore the others.

Exactly. One vs compared to another versus. Seems like your looking at the small picture. smile

Good point as this line of reasoning opens the door for many more Cap feats. Cap to gets major props in his strength and powers. Statements from Ironfist himself to Cable, Daredevil, Punisher. The list goes on and on. On Cap's speed and power advantage and this is a guy that normally holds back. Plus add to that with the skill impression that others tell him about as well.

Cap has taken on the entire team of villains and has had a edge on Spiderman himself. USAagent who once stalemated all the Avengers Cap at times makes him look like a joke. Seriously his list goes on and on.

With Cap you might find a bad showing of him without his regular shield losing to Hawkeye equiped with a new prep arrow to takes out his energy shield to score a win.

With Slade you can find Roy Harper no selling Slade's punch(by catching it in his fist easily) and then knocking out Slade briefly.

This route does not lead you to anywhere of some type of advantage for Slade. the only edge he had against Spider-Man was the fact that he did not want to fight him at all.

Slade can break down a team of superhumans close quarters in h2h or with standard gear and has many times. Honestly these showings are more impressive combat wise than anything I've ever seen from cap. Hes alot like Spider-Man in the fact that his power and speed are often underestimated because writers force him to job to elite peaks well below his physical stats.

abhilegend
Also has Cap ever demolished a team on the level of Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman, Zatanna and Green Arrow in 3 pages if we're going into THAT category?

dial J for Josh
Close fight for me split for now. Maybe a very minimal edge to cap, but fight would be amazing.

Daredevil1
Also has Cap ever demolished a team on the level of Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman, Zatanna and Green Arrow in 3 pages if we're going into THAT category?

A team like that with prep nope.

But practically by himself he has defeated Hulk, Namor clone, Ironman, Namor himself in the Marvel Projects, Hyde, Armadillo, the Thing(surrendered to Cap once) himself in the Marvel Projects. Shoot in vol 1 there was a whole host of villains that he held his own against with some side help of Shang/Falcon.

Again that is a good prep/tactical battle feat. But nothing that leads Slade of having a feat of being "physical superior", that you were claiming.

Again changing the goal post proves my point.

Daredevil1
Marvel projects for the Namor feat I meant.

Alias Stone
Cap

abhilegend
A team like that with prep nope.

But practically by himself he has defeated Hulk, Namor clone, Ironman, Namor himself in the Marvel Projects, Hyde, Armadillo, the Thing(surrendered to Cap once) himself in the Marvel Projects. Shoot in vol 1 there was a whole host of villains that he held his own against with some side help of Shang/Falcon.

Again that is a good prep/tactical battle feat. But nothing that leads Slade of having a feat of being "physical superior", that you were claiming.

Again changing the goal post proves my point.
The only prep he had was for wally, he demolished all others on just his own. Catching a charged green lantern punch is no easy feat.

Silent Master
The only prep he had was for wally, he demolished all others on just his own. Catching a charged green lantern punch is no easy feat.

True, it's about as hard as catching one of Superman's punches.

Jynocidus
Deathstroke

abhilegend
True, it's about as hard as catching one of Superman's punches.
Your baiting skills are long gone snake-eyes.

Silent Master
Your baiting skills are long gone snake-eyes.

I was agreeing with you.

abhilegend
Sure you were.

Silent Master
Sure you were.

Kyle is one of my favorite characters, I was just agreeing with you.

abhilegend
Sure you were.

quanchi112
Cap wins.

Daredevil1

It was easy since it was stated the will to use the ring was used.

Daredevil1
Because cap has a bazillion feats? You can prove Cap is stronger than even spider-man or rhino by them.

Your the one who claimed Slade is physically superior. It's you to prove which you have not done so.

quanchi112
Your the one who claimed Slade is physically superior. It's you to prove which you have not done so. thumb up

abhilegend
It was easy since it was stated the will to use the ring was used.
It was after he caught the punch he tried to outwill Kyle. Having better will had nothing to do with the punch catch.Originally posted by Daredevil1
Your the one who claimed Slade is physically superior. It's you to prove which you have not done so.
I'm sticking with that. You don't agree with it, fine. You can dazzle me with cap's feats if you want though.

quanchi112
It was after he caught the punch he tried to outwill Kyle. Having better will had nothing to do with the punch catch.
I'm sticking with that. You don't agree with it, fine. You can dazzle me with cap's feats if you want though. You made the claim.

Daredevil1
It was after he caught the punch he tried to outwill Kyle. Having better will had nothing to do with the punch catch.
I'm sticking with that. You don't agree with it, fine. You can dazzle me with cap's feats if you want though.

It was simultaneously . So it was the will that aided him.

Again that proves my point that you can not really show strength feats that prove Slade to be physically superior.

abhilegend
It was simultaneously . So it was the will that aided him.

Again that proves my point that you can not really show strength feats that prove Slade to be physically superior.
No, it was after slade caught kyle's punch. How does someone's will aids them in catching a punch?

Because Cap has a bazillion feats. I can't show classic Kingpin having better strength feats outside fighting cap himself too, does that mean he's weaker?

Silent Master
Cap wins.

Daredevil1
No, it was after slade caught kyle's punch. How does someone's will aids them in catching a punch?

Because Cap has a bazillion feats. I can't show classic Kingpin having better strength feats outside fighting cap himself too, does that mean he's weaker?

On the moment of impact Slade used his will and since Slade mind operates faster it is conceivable that he even used the will that fast on impact. As it was even mentioned the GL power was used.

Kingpin has some incredible strength feats. You'd be hard pressed not to believe he isn't stronger. Point is you made the claim Slade is physical superior. And my point is that you can't prove this to be true at all, is all I'm saying. If anything is even marginally true or being close to true is that Cap's strength feats "are" better then Deathstroke.

abhilegend
On the moment of impact Slade used his will and since Slade mind operates faster it is conceivable that he even used the will that fast on impact. As it was even mentioned the GL power was used.

Kingpin has some incredible strength feats. You'd be hard pressed not to believe he isn't stronger. Point is you made the claim Slade is physical superior. And my point is that you can't prove this to be true at all, is all I'm saying. If anything is even marginally true or being close to true is that Cap's strength feats "are" better then Deathstroke.
So you basically know nothing about how a GL ring works. It has nothing to do with how much faster Slade's brain worked. Now you're just pulling random explanations.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/2451486-deathstroke_vs_kyle.jpg

Point me where Slade did anything like that. He straight up caught Kyle's punch and broke his fingers through GL shields that can take class 100 blows.

Does Kingpin has better strength feat than cap? Like supporting a building?

That's the point, Cap has a lot more strength feats. He still doesn't demolish people in street level class like Deathstroke does.

Mindset
DS doing that to Kyle is PIS, are you trying to say differently?

I will murder you.

abhilegend
It happens surprisingly often to Kyle. Deadshot did that to him too.

cdtm
That's the Ion rigged ring, though. Doesn't matter how much will you have, Kyle modified the ring to only work for him when he was Ion 1.

That's not even PIS, it's more of a writer not doing his homework..

Mindset
It happens surprisingly often to Kyle. Deadshot did that to him too. abhi, meet me somewhere.

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm
That's the Ion rigged ring, though. Doesn't matter how much will you have, Kyle modified the ring to only work for him when he was Ion 1.

That's not even PIS, it's more of a writer not doing his homework.. Kyle couldn't use the ring because he couldn't focus, Slade never used it.

It's still PIS.

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm

That's not even PIS, it's more of a writer not doing his homework..
It didn't work for slade either.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindset
abhi, meet me somewhere. Originally posted by abhilegend
Honestly, Kyle is the most useless GL ever.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j392/honestcon88/533275-572_batgl2_super.jpg

http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j392/honestcon88/533274-573_batgl3_super.jpg

Mindset
Kyle is the only reason there are GL's.

Kyle is the only reason DCU exists.

abhilegend
Chant it.

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu71/Desaad86/JLA-Hitman1027.jpg

Mindset
I'm gonna have to, it's the only way I'm gonna pull you back to reality.

Kyle >>>> DCU

abhilegend
Bueno>>>>Kyle.

Daredevil1
So you basically know nothing about how a GL ring works. It has nothing to do with how much faster Slade's brain worked. Now you're just pulling random explanations.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/72524/2451486-deathstroke_vs_kyle.jpg

Point me where Slade did anything like that. He straight up caught Kyle's punch and broke his fingers through GL shields that can take class 100 blows.

That's the point, Cap has a lot more strength feats. He still doesn't demolish people in street level class like Deathstroke does.

Actually it is even a worse feat now for Slade since Kyle can't even get the ring "going" as it states this on "panel". Cap has defeated easily at times street level guys and he has even taken characters out that Slade wish he could. As Kingpin..... yes he has better strength feats then Cap. Your talking about a guy that opened a vault door easily which young Spiderman struggled a bit.

Now with that stated you have simply not backed up your statement of Slade being physical superior in comparison to Cap. But I can't blame your for that one as not many can out due Cap only a select few.

Once again

abhilegend
Actually it is even a worse feat now for Slade since Kyle can't even get the ring "going" as it states this on "panel". Cap has defeated easily at times street level guys and he has even taken characters out that Slade wish he could. As Kingpin..... yes he has better strength feats then Cap. Your talking about a guy that opened a vault door easily which young Spiderman struggled a bit.

Now with that stated you have simply not backed up your statement of Slade being physical superior in comparison to Cap. But I can't blame your for that one as not many can out due Cap only a select few.

Once again
After Slade caught his punch and broke his fingers, he couldn't get it going due to the pain.

He has also been stalemated by street level characters and knocked out by less than "the characters slade could wish to take". Its all about averages.

Also teen spidey was struggling with some random debris once. Kingpin pulling a bank vault isn't more impressive than supporting a building like cap did.

Cap>Kingpin.

thumb up

quanchi112

Once again thumb up

Daredevil1
After Slade caught his punch and broke his fingers, he couldn't get it going due to the pain.

He has also been stalemated by street level characters and knocked out by less than "the characters slade could wish to take". Its all about averages.

Also teen spidey was struggling with some random debris once. Kingpin pulling a bank vault isn't more impressive than supporting a building like cap did.

Cap>Kingpin.

thumb up

He couldn't get it going due to Slades will. It even states Slade was counting on "it". It even speaks more on it on the next page and I see it is you that is making up things on Kyle as he could not get it going due to Slades will.

It states this on the next page. "The ring runs on will power. Its a weapon of the mind. That's what Slade is counting on." Slade is counting on will.....not pain as you made up. And yes Slade mind is boosted. So that at least is logical what I stated.
http://imageshack.com/a/img545/9168/a7py.jpg

As for the KP and Cap feat. KP's is more impressive since Spiderman struggled more with it. And Cap's is less impressive since he used his momentum absorbing shield(which makes it hard to quantify). Either way you failed to prove that "Slade" is physical superior to Cap.

Just saying.

DarkSaint85

Eurgh. So either you're now saying Deathstroke is able to break a GL's Cl100-level shields, or that Kyle's shields were rubbish in that story.

Or, its PIS.

One of those three explanations is extremely stupid. The choice, I leave to you.

abhilegend
He couldn't get it going due to Slades will. It even states Slade was counting on "it". It even speaks more on it on the next page and I see it is you that is making up things on Kyle as he could not get it going due to Slades will.

It states this on the next page. "The ring runs on will power. Its a weapon of the mind. That's what Slade is counting on." Slade is counting on will.....not pain as you made up. And yes Slade mind is boosted. So that at least is logical what I stated.
http://imageshack.com/a/img545/9168/a7py.jpg

As for the KP and Cap feat. KP's is more impressive since Spiderman struggled more with it. And Cap's is less impressive since he used his momentum absorbing shield(which makes it hard to quantify). Either way you failed to prove that "Slade" is physical superior to Cap.

Just saying.
Slade was counting on gaining Kyle's ring, he failed getting it. He wasn't counting on that for catching Kyle's punch.

He was counting on that to gain Kyle's ring, it has happened in past with superman gaining guy gardner's ring via overpowering guy's ring. You are taking it and explaining it as though slade's will was the factor when he caught Kyle's punch. It wasn't.

Teen spidey isn't that much stronger than cap on average.

Also momentum absorbing has nothing to do with supporting a building which wasn't moving.Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Eurgh. So either you're now saying Deathstroke is able to break a GL's Cl100-level shields, or that Kyle's shields were rubbish in that story.

Or, its PIS.

One of those three explanations is extremely stupid. The choice, I leave to you.
Shh, you're ruining my fun.

Daredevil1
Slade was counting on gaining Kyle's ring, he failed getting it. He wasn't counting on that for catching Kyle's punch.

He was counting on that to gain Kyle's ring, it has happened in past with superman gaining guy gardner's ring via overpowering guy's ring. You are taking it and explaining it as though slade's will was the factor when he caught Kyle's punch. It wasn't.

Teen spidey isn't that much stronger than cap on average.

Also momentum absorbing has nothing to do with supporting a building which wasn't moving.
Shh, you're ruining my fun.

His will sure was. You are explaining it as if Slade strength that was the factor when he caught the punch and broke his fingers. It wasn't since he was "counting" on the will. Since it was stated Kyle couldn't even get the ring going.

Again you have failed to prove Slade is physically superior to Cap.

smile

namorsubby
His senses, reflexes, and healing factor are superior. These are known as PHYSICAL attributes.

Daredevil1
. More like slight edges on some. Reflexes doubt full. Even healing the gap is closer now.

juggernaut74
What kind of healing does Slade rock nowadays?

Vanguard
TChalla shows up and beats both their ass.

But Slades healing is better than before. He was fully healed from being impaled in about two panels. Depends on the severity of the injury.

namorsubby
. More like slight edges on some. Reflexes doubt full. Even healing the gap is closer now. His senses are increased a thousand fold. He saw the atom. His healing is clearly superior according to feats. Really no need to cite examples for that. His reflexes are increased ten fold. That may not seem like much but it's uber considering an ordinary man's reflexes are already in the tenths of seconds.

abhilegend
His will sure was. You are explaining it as if Slade strength that was the factor when he caught the punch and broke his fingers. It wasn't since he was "counting" on the will. Since it was stated Kyle couldn't even get the ring going.

Again you have failed to prove Slade is physically superior to Cap.

smile
Nope. You are just shooting things in dark now.

I've showed Cap is superior to kingpin though.

thumb up

Daredevil1
Originally posted by namorsubby
His senses are increased a thousand fold. He saw the atom. His healing is clearly superior according to feats. Really no need to cite examples for that. His reflexes are increased ten fold. That may not seem like much but it's uber considering an ordinary man's reflexes are already in the tenths of seconds.

Considering Steve's current Rememeder healing feats combined with his better immunity feats(as I have seen Slade get a fever, Steve not so much). I say the gap in healing is closing.

This ain't no eye sight contest....LOL besides Steve senses are enhanced as well. Do you really have trouble understanding physical superior means when comparing a character x vs character y?

When someone states who is more superior in stats between Batman and Daredevil. Your not going to see arguments with Radar and Senses...LOL. Were talking strength, speed, durability, endurance, agility, reflexes. These you can't really make a strong case for Slade accept speed(but even that one won't be superior)

Daredevil1
Nope. You are just shooting things in dark now.

I've showed Cap is superior to kingpin though.

thumb up

Sure you did. I don't think so abihi.

namorsubby
Considering Steve's current Rememeder healing feats combined with his better immunity feats(as I have seen Slade get a fever, Steve not so much). I say the gap in healing is closing.

This ain't no eye sight contest....LOL besides Steve senses are enhanced as well. Do you really have trouble understanding physical superior means when comparing a character x vs character y?

When someone states who is more superior in stats between Batman and Daredevil. Your not going to see arguments with Radar and Senses...LOL. Were talking strength, speed, durability, endurance, agility, reflexes. These you can't really make a strong case for Slade accept speed(but even that one won't be superior) When cap endures "fatal" injury time and again and recovers...then I'll say the gap is closing.

His senses are superior. He detected that two foes were of alien origin by scent at a distance. He saw the atom.....cap cannot do these things.

Id give Slade the nod in all those areas. The only thing id say is highly questionable is strength due to the fact that Slade doesn't have many "pure" strength feats.

Daredevil1
When cap endures "fatal" injury time and again and recovers...then I'll say the gap is closing.

His senses are superior. He detected that two foes were of alien origin by scent at a distance. He saw the atom.....cap cannot do these things.

Id give Slade the nod in all those areas. The only thing id say is highly questionable is strength due to the fact that Slade doesn't have many "pure" strength feats.

Accept by feats of physical stats Cap's are better accept maybe speed. So you giving the nod to Slade in that is dead wrong.

The gap in healing is super close and Steves super immune system in feats are also better.

Senses....oh well..two feats out of how many showings...LOL. The bottom line is my contention was towards "athletic" ability.

When someone compares the physical superiority of Superman or Thing they don't venture into the eye sight or smelling department...LOL.(But then again you were always a desperate Slade fan.)

Shows how bad Deathstroke has it in coming up short in proving athletic superiority, which is a non existent when compared to Cap.

namorsubby
Senses are known as PHYSICAL traits. They're superior, along with his brain, and his healing. Strength is arguable, but Slades got him Damn near across the board physically.

abhilegend
Sure you did. I don't think so abihi.
Its just abhi, dammit.

uhuh

Daredevil1
Senses are known as PHYSICAL traits. They're superior, along with his brain, and his healing. Strength is arguable, but Slades got him Damn near across the board physically.

Right and that is the crux of this debate. Slade will over power Cap with his great smell(LOL). I'm sure in a MMA fight VS comparison between fighters, on who is more physical superior. They are talking about who smells somethings better.......LOL.

Don't forget sense of taste.....while your at it........HA!.

Daredevil1
Its just abhi, dammit.

uhuh

abhi it is

Join the cap side abhi(it is superman in disguise)

Yes.......yes.

RedX1852
CAP

namorsubby
Right and that is the crux of this debate. Slade will over power Cap with his great smell(LOL). I'm sure in a MMA fight VS comparison between fighters, on who is more physical superior. They are talking about who smells somethings better.......LOL.

Don't forget sense of taste.....while your at it........HA!. Having senses that are superior would actually play into a h2h fight. Its like....no it is having a higher sense of awareness.

Idk Why you choose to focus on two examples of his superior senses and not all his other clear physical advantages.

Daredevil1
Exactly. You can't prove he is stronger. You can't prove he is more durable. You can't even prove his reflexes are better.

Exactly. Keep on going on about your smell references. And try to find a feat with taste for him. You are on to something here subby.(Not)

namorsubby
When a high class meta smashes a submarine the size of a city block on cap, then he'll be as durable. When he routinely recovers from extensive wounds like gunshots, being impaled, etc....he'll have a comparable hf. When he does this he'll be as strong:
Originally posted by Vanguard
Cuz Slade is strong

http://i41.tinypic.com/a5i4bq.jpg

when he outmanuvers a multitude of characters with high levels of superhuman speed throughout his history or is stated as being faster than ten times as fast as a ELITE soldier(what Slade was BEFORE his enhancements) than he'll have equal reflexes. When he's dismantled teams of superheroes in close combat routinely....then hell be as impressive combat wise. But not until then

Superior senses, brain power, healing....he's just physically superior, period.

dial J for Josh
This is the perfect matchup. For me split for now.

Daredevil1
When a high class meta smashes a submarine the size of a city block on cap, then he'll be as durable. When he routinely recovers from extensive wounds like gunshots, being impaled, etc....he'll have a comparable hf. When he does this he'll be as strong:

when he outmanuvers a multitude of characters with high levels of superhuman speed throughout his history or is stated as being faster than ten times as fast as a ELITE soldier(what Slade was BEFORE his enhancements) than he'll have equal reflexes. When he's dismantled teams of superheroes in close combat routinely....then hell be as impressive combat wise. But not until then

Superior senses, brain power, healing....he's just physically superior, period.

All you have there is a lifting feat that is as impressive as Cap. As that is not even Classic Slade but NuDC Deathstroke who has been noted that his armour "increases" his strength. Your other ideas are irrelevant.

But then again you might actually have a chance of a good strength feat with a Slade who's armour actually increases his strength feats and other stats. Compared to more natural raw strength of breaking out of cryogenic freeze or carrying a light pole with with it's heavy equipment on it easily. Or doing stuff like this and easily....

http://imageshack.com/a/img812/1579/c3i1.jpg

Again you have failed to prove him to be physically superior in the ways that really count.

namorsubby

Daredevil1
Exactly but at least the shield does not "enhance" his natural strength. Like Slades new Armour.

Take an axe and try to put through a tree easily in one strike. You can't. Unless it is super thin. Exactly.

namorsubby
I'm not captain America....not sure how that's relevant at all actually.

He took the top of a tank at the hinges with a much denser, much more durable metal. Big deal...

Daredevil1
I'm not captain America....not sure how that's relevant at all actually.

He took the top of a tank at the hinges with a much denser, much more durable metal. Big deal...

You really don't understand.

Your feat doesn't show much either even with the extra strength boosting of the Armour.

Big deal....

cdtm
namorsubby:

You know how Jericho lost his voice? Slade refused to back down from a contract killing (Or something), and he took out about a half dozen or so mercs, and stopped the guy from killing his son, who only had time to start pressing into his throat despite the fact the knife was resting right against his neck the entire time?

Do you have the scans for that? And how would you rate that, in terms of speed/reflex's? Think Cap could match it?

namorsubby
yeah I have that in my thread:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/ntt044-17.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/ntt044-18.jpg

I'd say it's a pretty good feat

jitay
Edit

jitay
You said to show feats that were as comparable to Slade such as getting shot and what have you, but there aren't surely in Caps whole career there must be feats like that and as far as I know there aren't

Now I don't really read much Cap but surely the fact that there aren't that many off these feats should suggest that he's better
at not getting these injuries

Now I don't really read Cap so I'm not sure but just think that over for a sec (put if I'm wrong you can disprove it or whatever)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.