Hugo Danning vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raisen
Who wins?

Just to clarify, Superman is actually not Hugo Danning regardless of the vast similarities. I'm actually talking about the real Hugo Danning.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Raisen
Who wins?

Just to clarify, Superman is actually not Hugo Danning regardless of the vast similarities. I'm actually talking about the real Hugo Danning.

What were Hugo's best feats?

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Diesldude
What were Hugo's best feats?

Allegedly being the inspiration for the prototype Superhero in which most if not all superheroes are based on. stick out tongue

abhilegend
Doc Savage and John Carter are the inspirations for Superman. Not the depressing, pessimistic, aimless character Hugo Danner who got killed by lightning after all his mis-adventures.

Rao Kal El
I found this interesting piece

http://suite101.com/a/the-real-origin-of-superman-a80380

Turkey Pie
The truth is Gladiator is a great story, I remember the Marvel giant size printing version in black and white over two issues in the 70's.
It is truly impossible to say where the inspiration for Superman started, a Jew looking at clouds in the sky? Decided the character he had created with a friend, the one dressed as a circus strong man would now fly....... Perhaps lots of places including Carter, Savage, a cloud and the old testament.

abhilegend
Its laughable to say he's a ripoff of a single character. He's an alien on a different world like John Carter who develops superpowers, he is also a journalist with an alter ego who loves another journalist, he also fights injustice like Doc Savage etc. These are actual inspirations for superman as cited by his creators and agreed by comic book historians.

TheGodKiller
Benjamin Grimm wins in as much a pronounced manner against this proto-Superman as he would lose against the real Superman.

Raisen
Ahbi, just answer the question. who wins? the real superman or thing?

ODG
Originally posted by Diesldude
What were Hugo's best feats? Jumping so high it took him 4 seconds to land. Tearing a 5 ft. thick steel bank vault door off its hinges. Running faster than a train. Tanking multiple artillery shells.

Basically he was early PC Superman in his first dozen or more issues. And I don't think either of them are able to beat Thing. Their speed is definitely greater than Ben's... but it's not like they ever speedblitzed or anything.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Its laughable to say he's a ripoff of a single character. He's an alien on a different world like John Carter who develops superpowers, he is also a journalist with an alter ego who loves another journalist, he also fights injustice like Doc Savage etc. These are actual inspirations for superman as cited by his creators and agreed by comic book historians.
Come on now.. If u were to rip off an original, u wouldn't admit it too.

Luke I says on the other thread, Supes is an amalgam of sorts that "borrows" heavily from Wylie's character. It's plain to see for everyone.

I think somewhere Siegel admitted to writing a book report on Gladiator, but continued to deny ripping off the character. Wylie may even have had designs on suing Siegel/Schuster...

Supes is like an Ipad. There was a Windows tab that actually preceded it, but just did not catch on. He's really a "stolen" idea that was just done so much better in so many ways and gradually made those he was poached from forgotten. He's become the quintessential super hero because of it.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I found this interesting piece

thumb up

Just ignore the hate and envy^^. Superman is as much a ripoff HD as Harry Potter is a ripoff Luke Skywalker.

Things stomps this pulp fiction protagonist.

ODG
^ It is sublimely ironic that you're now just reduced to making all the same excuses that certain Sentry fanboys were making. It could almost be poetic... if it weren't so blindingly dumb.

Hypocrites. Sometimes it's just amazing to watch them.

Batman-Prime
^Stop the hating and the trolling. Sentrys creator wrote that Sentry is a Superman clone, blame him not me.

ODG
^ Why would I blame him for admitting to something so blatantly obvious? That'd be like resenting everybody else for your own inability to admit the obvious.

Batman-Prime
^I accept the obvious. I see it and I know it from the creators. Why should I take your word and your hate and your twisted little lies as facts over their words and the obvious truth? *huh

BTW are so desperate to get my attention? I honored you already. I don't insult you btw, you do it yourself fine enough.

Now don't derail another thread with your whining and hate, thanks ^^.

ODG
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
^I accept the obvious. I see it and I know it from the creators. Why should I take your word and your hate and your twisted little lies as facts over their words and the obvious truth? *huh

BTW are so desperate to get my attention? I honored you already. I don't insult you btw, you do it yourself fine enough.

Now don't derail another thread with your whining and hate, thanks ^^. You mad?

You do realize I posted in this thread first? Could you stop being retarded for 10 seconds? Those need to be consecutive seconds, btw.

Well, it's obvious you haven't regained your composure enough to hold a constructive discussion -- and probably never will. And your clumsy attempts to get a rise out of me are so feeble, they're impotent. I'll admit, at this point, seeing you act so helplessly is almost disarming... in a really pathetic sort of way. I'm typically not one to resist the opportunity to shove a person's hypocrisy in their face, especially when it's so richly deserved.

But you may be the first one to have convinced me to stop. Because I am legitimately starting to feel sorry for you. C'mon now. Don't do that to me. Do something.

Batman-Prime
^No. ^^

Lol, you posted first, how old are you? I didn't reply to your post, you did to mine. El oh El, this troll.

Stop projecting. You are trolling me not vice versa^^.

You feel sorry? No need to^^. Stop the trolling and the hating and don't copy me. I told you long before I pity you wink.

Now, I give you the last word, you need it so desperately. Cute.

ODG
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
^No. ^^

Lol, you posted first, how old are you? I didn't reply to your post, you did to mine. El oh El, this troll.

Stop projecting. You are trolling me not vice versa^^. Yeah, you mad.

I responded to the thinly veiled backhanded swipe. I trust you understand the difference.

To be more accurate, I am mocking your pathetically failed attempts to troll me. So you're right in one respect: you didn't troll me, because you can't even. That's what you've been reduced to at this point. Pretty sad. So I feel sorry. Originally posted by Batman-Prime
You feel sorry? No need to^^. Stop the trolling and the hating and don't copy me. I told you long before I pity you wink.

Now, I give you the last word, you need it so desperately. Cute. I don't have to feel sorry for you? Awesome.

It is immensely amusing to see people retreat from a conversation and try to preemptively disarm the ensuing response because they're too helpless to continue. It's akin to watching the decimated German army in full retreat yell at the Russians, "Ha! Yea, go ahead and retake your capitol that you're obviously so desperate to have back. We give it back to you because it's totally meaningless to us anyway."

Raisen
You guys are ruining my fantastic thread. I say thing beats the superman original

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Raisen
You guys are ruining my fantastic thread. I say thing beats the superman original

John Carter, Doc Savage or aliens from outer space with superpowers and dual identities are not in this thread, so which "Superman original" you mean? evil face

Silent Master
Hugo Danner, IE one of the guys inspired Superman.

-Pr-
No more Hugo Danner threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.