Aquaman vs Wonderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who win? No bfring.

Bentley
They team up and beat the crap out of Hulk.

Now on topic:

Turkey Pie
I remember when Wonderman destroyed the Abomination. He crushed him like a small child.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Bentley

Now on topic:

Back on topic please!

Anyway..

abhilegend

Now on topic:

tkitna

Now on topic:

Reported

for being correct

zopzop
Originally posted by Turkey Pie
I remember when Wonderman destroyed the Abomination. He crushed him like a small child.
Pretty sure you're remembering wrong. It was the Abomination that was manhandling Simon (busted up his face and everything) until WM used some electric cables to stun Abomination then he KOed him.

Badabing
Everybody stop the trolling and get back to the topic.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by zopzop
Pretty sure you're remembering wrong. It was the Abomination that was manhandling Simon (busted up his face and everything) until WM used some electric cables to stun Abomination then he KOed him.

Pretty sure you remember the wrong time Wonderman beat Abomination kid, I'm thinking of the time in West Coast Avengers, that's right he's beaten more than one. smile The "Tok" knee to the face frame is hilarious if you want to find the comic or hunt up a scan.

zopzop
Pretty sure you remember the wrong time Wonderman beat Abomination kid, I'm thinking of the time in West Coast Avengers, that's right he's beaten more than one. smile The "Tok" knee to the face frame is hilarious if you want to find the comic or hunt up a scan.
I'm referring to this fight :
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/plastic-man-vs-thing-vs-abomination-vs-colossus-vs-392893/?page=1#js-message-2247147

Simon won via luck.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wonder Man is pacifistic right now but if he actually fights back, he would beat the shit out of Aquaman. He's on a completely different level of power.

Doesn't help that he can simulate heat with his Ionic energy if he wants to.

zopzop
AM wins.

Turkey Pie
I'm referring to this fight :
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/plastic-man-vs-thing-vs-abomination-vs-colossus-vs-392893/?page=1#js-message-2247147

Simon won via luck.

He won through a well placed knee to the face!

comicfan11
For what it's worth in today's JLA Stargirl referred to Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman as "the strongest people on the planet".

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by comicfan11
For what it's worth in today's JLA Stargirl referred to Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman as "the strongest people on the planet".

Superman then the other two maybe.... Hasn't she forgotten "Supergirl" she seems pretty strong atm.

comicfan11
Superman then the other two maybe.... Hasn't she forgotten "Supergirl" she seems pretty strong atm.

I just mention that for people who believe AQ can't even compete with WM, which is ridiculous.
WM could probably get a majority, but after a good fight.
Especially with the treatment AQ is getting since the relaunch.

Turkey Pie
I just mention that for people who believe AQ can't even compete with WM, which is ridiculous.

He's a beast since Flashpoint.

comicfan11
He's a beast since Flashpoint.

thumb up
He was getting a push since the early 90's, but the thing is, it has been 100% consistent after the relaunch.

Turkey Pie
thumb up
He was getting a push since the early 90's, but the thing is, it has been 100% consistent after the relaunch.

I think the push was always consistent, just the writing sometimes let it down and no one knew how to make him interesting. Although at times they came near, linking him in the past to the magic of Atlantis, Arion etc. I prefer the new Aquaman approach to be honest.

comicfan11
I think the push was always consistent, just the writing sometimes let it down and no one knew how to make him interesting. Although at times they came near, linking him in the past to the magic of Atlantis, Arion etc. I prefer the new Aquaman approach to be honest.

I'm on board with the current direction so far as well.
The magic is also there and will hopefully be explained in the next couple of issues.

celeyhyga17
Been following New 52 AQ and I have become a fan, but I think he's not there yet... When push comes to shove, Supes is physically far beyond the likes of Arthur. He really shouldn't be mentioned as a peer to Superman class characters.

Simon on the other hand can hang with true heavy hitters and even win some.

Wonder Man should either get a large majority, or win 10/10.. Not a stomp because Simon would have to work hard for each one.

comicfan11
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Been following New 52 AQ and I have become a fan, but I think he's not there yet... When push comes to shove, Supes is physically far beyond the likes of Arthur. He really shouldn't be mentioned as a peer to Superman class characters.

Simon on the other hand can hang with true heavy hitters and even win some.

Wonder Man should either get a large majority, or win 10/10.. Not a stomp because Simon would have to work hard for each one.

Of course Supes is DC's top dog.
Current AQ has no low showings so far and has some consistent strength feats (ocean liners, submarines, underwater mountains) but he is not on the planet moving level that a character like Superman is.
But he has shown he can hang for a while with Wonder Woman and take some punishment, and some scenes with him against Frankenstein in Trinity War (where Frankenstein mentions that him and AQ are the ones to take on Wonder Woman).
And then you have today's mention also.

I believe that he could take some with the trident, but he needs something more defining. Hopefully upcoming issues will help with that.

Batman-Prime
I didn't saw much from WM since the west coast avengers time. I remember him losing to Thor, Hyperion and Glads which is reasonable. What feats does he have to put him on their level? What I have seen of DCnU AM, he is a legi 100 Tonner, easy.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I didn't saw much from WM since the west coast avengers time. I remember him losing to Thor, Hyperion and Glads which is reasonable. What feats does he have to put him on their level? What I have seen of DCnU AM, he is a legi 100 Tonner, easy. He literally outmuscled Rulk and put him to sleep.

Batman-Prime
He literally outmuscled Rulk and put him to sleep.

He choked him out? That's good but does he have some strength feats? Highs and lows. It's hard to judge it with battles (or one battle) only.

Rage.Of.Olympus
For what it's worth in today's JLA Stargirl referred to Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman as "the strongest people on the planet". Originally posted by comicfan11

I have no idea why you think that in anyway suggest Aquaman could compete with Wonder Man. That's a nice nod to Aquaman's strength but it was pointed out that Wonder Man could move planets with his fists and he has enough energy to power Wanda's Planet X spell which is frankly a lot more impressive. This is from Uncanny Avengers which leads in from Bendis' run where Wonder Man effortlessly choked out Rulk who on his own is much stronger then Aquaman and was said to be able to survive things that even Thor could not. Historically Wonder Man was not quite on Thor's level but he wasn't too far away either which frankly, is still out of Aquaman's league.

Aquaman at his best can survive in a fight with a Top Tier. Wonder Man at his best is easily one of the strongest.

Could probably get a majority? Ha. I can't wait till Simon cuts loose in Uncanny. He's probably going to move the planet or do something similarly ridiculous.

-Pr-
Simon's been on the up and up for a while now; I can't see Aquaman beating him in a fight.

Not yet, anyway.

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
Simon's been on the up and up for a while now; I can't see Aquaman beating him in a fight.

Not yet, anyway.

Arthur would have beaten Black Widow. evil face

deathlife
Current Wonder man wins.

Choking out Rulk is no small feat.

Warlord
Wonderghandi wins

comicfan11
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I have no idea why you think that in anyway suggest Aquaman could compete with Wonder Man. That's a nice nod to Aquaman's strength but it was pointed out that Wonder Man could move planets with his fists and he has enough energy to power Wanda's Planet X spell which is frankly a lot more impressive. This is from Uncanny Avengers which leads in from Bendis' run where Wonder Man effortlessly choked out Rulk who on his own is much stronger then Aquaman and was said to be able to survive things that even Thor could not. Historically Wonder Man was not quite on Thor's level but he wasn't too far away either which frankly, is still out of Aquaman's league.

Aquaman at his best can survive in a fight with a Top Tier. Wonder Man at his best is easily one of the strongest.

Could probably get a majority? Ha. I can't wait till Simon cuts loose in Uncanny. He's probably going to move the planet or do something similarly ridiculous.

I didn't know Wonder Man has gotten such a push.
Planet moving?
That's up there.
And I won't even bring up his Goblin fight or stuff like that, since I take you on your word that he has gotten such a push.

Still AQ has the trident and my point is he can hurt Wonder Man.
AQ has survived hits from Darkseid and Wonder Woman, so I don't believe for a second that WM can KO him so fast that AQ won't be able to get a few hits in.
That said WM can very well take 10/10, but not without a good fight.
That right there is laughable.

Also at his best AQ has oneshot Olympian and fought one on one with Despero.
He might loose 10/10 again (according to your opinion) but still after a fight.

PS. How fast is Wonder Man and his reflexes?

Cheers.

Turkey Pie
How strong is he now compared to his Hollywood alternative version?

celeyhyga17
Planet moving?
That's up there.
And I won't even bring up his Goblin fight or stuff like that, since I take you on your word that he has gotten such a push.

AQ has survived hits from Darkseid and Wonder Woman, so I don't believe for a second that WM can KO him so fast that AQ won't be able to get a few hits in.

He might loose 10/10 again (according to your opinion) but still after a fight.

Cheers.
He's not known to be a speedster, but he has the advantage of flight and teleportation a la Nightcrawler. He will have the speed advantage here.

Silent Master
Actually Wonder-man does have a few speed feats scattered throughout his history, but nothing beyond low-end speedster.

comicfan11
He's not known to be a speedster, but he has the advantage of flight and teleportation a la Nightcrawler. He will have the speed advantage here.

Eeeh in that case AQ throughout his history has some legit super speed / reflexes feats and he is a better fighter.
And he has dealt with flyers multiple times.
Stilll teleportation should be an advantage fro WM.

Cheers for the info, but if WM does not possess at least enhanced speed / reflexes I'd still say AQ make's him work for it, even if WM ends up taking 10/10.

h1a8
WM IMO, unless TP or trident is in battle

Damborgson
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/WonderMan3.jpg

thumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/WonderMan3.jpg

thumb up
thumb down

Damborgson
thumb up

You must've clicked the wrong icon. I fixed it for you though.

zopzop
You must've clicked the wrong icon. I fixed it for you though.
http://media0.giphy.com/media/Rhhr8D5mKSX7O/giphy.gif

Damborgson
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/branman756/Vesti/JustinBieberYouMad2.gif

celeyhyga17
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k26/branman756/Vesti/JustinBieberYouMad2.gif
I really wanna punch ure face right about now Dambo.

Damborgson
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/justin-bieber-flexing-instagram.jpg

celeyhyga17
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/justin-bieber-flexing-instagram.jpg
Die!

Silent Master
Why are you posting pics of a 12 year old boy?

Damborgson
Die!

big grin

Originally posted by Silent Master
Why do you have picks of a 12 year old boy?

I keep it close to show people the ugly side of the world.

maxivitopowe
Wonderman

Mshinu
Simon takes this.

Then they team up and beat the crap out of Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Planet moving?
That's up there.

Yes, Wonder Man is extremely powerful. He fluctuates a lot as his power levels depend a great deal on his mental state and ionic fluctuations. Goblin stuff? If you want to start lowballing, you can go ahead, but it's fair game once you do.

I guess with the Trident he can do some damage if he lands attacks but it's not winning him the fight. He took one punch from Wonder Woman who IIRC was trying to get him to stand down. That's cool I guess, but not really relevant as the last time Simon utilized his strength, he was operating on a level much higher then current Wonder Woman. The fact that his ionic energy can simulate heat will make it much more damaging. Also, when did Darkseid hit Aquaman? Just curious.

I really don't see it being much of a fight, not with Aquaman being grounded and lacking any long distance attacks. And since Wonder Man is much stronger, Aquaman can show heart, but I don't see him lasting very long.

I'm confused, are you discussing 52 Aquaman or old Aquaman? Or are you choosing and picking feats?

If so, Wonder Man has knocked out Namor IIRC, and stalemated Thor, Merged Hulk and so on in hand to hand fights which are noticeably more impressive feats as I recall Aquaman and Despero getting tangled up briefly before Sharks were summoned.

Cheers.

At least as fast as Aquaman. With his flight and teleportation abilities, he'll have a massive mobility advantage.

comicfan11
I mixed this thread with the AQ vs Thing one.
That's where the "at his best" comment about Olympian was.
My bad.

No it's about current Aquaman.

Darkseid hits Aquaman in a couple of the smaller panels in the Darkseid vs JL fight in the New 52 (apart from the energy attack that KO's everyone when he arrives).

Wonder Woman also hits Aquaman again in Trinity War (when she is possessed by the Box) and he tanks it.

Anyway apart from flight and teleportation any actual speed feats fro Simon that make him "at least as fast" as Aquaman?
Issue number, storyline or pic?

Apart from that since you rate WM so high concerning his strength, I'm fine with that, but some speed examples (that are not flying) would be appreciated (mostly out of curiosity).

Alias Stone
AM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.