Theory About Starkiller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kalen Sykes
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find it with the search function. This is my first post here at KMC, so I'm going to try and make it sound at least half-way interesting cool .

Theory: Could Starkiller have been clone when he died on the Death Star?

Reasoning: In the "Distant Thunder" clips from TFU II, Vader shows the Dark Apprentice the body of the original Galen Marek. However, the body has on the dark training outfit Marek wore when he fought General Kota in the TIE Fighter factory, instead of the white Jedi Adventure Robe he wore during the final battle on board the Death Star. In fact, the last time Marek wore that particular outfit, was when Vader betrayed him on the Executor and stabbed him in the back (literally).

Remember, He was on the Empirical for 6 months, before he regained consciousness. That's also the amount of time between his "sacrifice" and the start of TFU II. Plus, he makes references throughout the first book about not having all of the scars and feeling better than he had in years. After the betrayal on Corellia, he even mentions that Vader must have made him stronger than before, due to the punishment he took.

I believe I've said enough for a first post. The floor is now yours. So, thoughts?

Dolos
Well, no he couldn't have been a clone because the book never states that he died, before he fought Sidious.

Kalen Sykes
You're right, it doesn't. It also never states that he didn't, either. Besides, Kota's reason for Starkiller not being a clone in TFU II is because no one can clone a Jedi. Well, the Dark Apprentice is proof that that particular theory is flawed. Not to mentioned Palpatine has his little cloning facilities on Byss.

I mean, the alternative is that Vader recovered Marek's remains from the Death Star, took the time to change his clothes, and put him on display. I don't see him caring that much, to be honest. Think about it, though. Wouldn't it make sense that Vader killed him on board the Executor, recovered the body, and began his cloning experiments then? He could've used the memory flash training on the Empirical.

Kalen Sykes
Also, I came across this statement, from the book. This is when Starkiller is on the Empirical, right before leaving with PROXY.

"The apprentice tried to think. He flexed his hands, marveling at his amazing return to health. It seemed almost too good to be true.

A disconcerting thought occurred to him. He hastily tugged off first his right glove, then his left. He was reassured to see only skin beneath--no synthetic materials or artificial joints. His knuckles moved the same as always; his fingernails were neat and even. The only odd detail was that his scars were gone.

He rubbed his right hand down his chest to his stomach, remembering the terrible wound his Master had inflicted. He thought of the damage raw vacuum did to human lungs. Bacta tanks performed miracles, but they weren't THAT good."

Taken from the novel, page 96.

Nephthys
thumb up

Thats my theory as well.

Kalen Sykes
To me, it's the most plausible theory. I was never on board with the idea you can get stabbed through the abdomen, thrown into space (for an extended time, too. It wasn't like Vader immediately sent the droid to retrieve the body.), and heal to the point where all of your previous scars disappear. Considering his Master's version of training, I would believe Marek is pretty knowledgeable about the healing capabilities of bacta.

Allankles
edit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.