Superman heat vision vs Black Bolt scream

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Which one is more devistating based off fts?

Which one is more powerful?

Cogito
Nope, this isn't going anywhere good.

-Pr-
dat bait thread. closing soon.

TheGodKiller
Come on Pr. This is carver9. He doesn't make bait threads...

-Pr-
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Come on Pr. This is carver9. He doesn't make bait threads...

I wish we had upvotes on this board.

carver9
Not a bait thread...seen someone bring it up and it seemed interesting.

Endless Mike
Black Bolt's scream can probably do more widespread damage but in terms of being able to tank a concentrated attack a full power HV shot might be comparable.

carver9
If you think its a bait thread, please close it...wasn't my intention though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Not a bait thread...seen someone bring it up and it seemed interesting.

You would think with how many threads you put superman in, youd have learned something about him by now.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
You would think with how many threads you put superman in, youd have learned something about him by now.

Aaaaahhhhh, ok, I see what you mean. Ill stay away from making Superman threads.

-Pr-
Huh?

Estacado
How about you make a thread where Thanos has to withstand Superman's heat vision the sameway he took Boltagon's scream?hmm

carver9
Huh?

Lol...I'm not making anymore Superman threads.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Black Bolt's scream can probably do more widespread damage but in terms of being able to tank a concentrated attack a full power HV shot might be comparable.

Could Black Bolts scream warm a whole planet?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Turkey Pie
Could Black Bolts scream warm a whole planet?

You're aware that the scream isn't heat based, right?

carver9
Originally posted by Silent Master

He also isn't aware that Superman was amped when he heated Earth.

Turkey Pie

You're aware that the scream varies in what it's based and in regard to sonics - They are vibrations and vibrations generate heat...... What's Blackbolts screams most destructive feat?

mighty adam
Bb scream is kooler supes heat got feats but he's been around forever so fck feats.

Silent Master
You're aware that the scream varies in what it's based and in regard to sonics - They are vibrations and vibrations generate heat...... What's Blackbolts screams most destructive feat?

I'm aware that BB's scream isn't a heat based attack like Superman's heat vision, therefore your question regarding heating the Earth makes you seem exceedingly biased.

I might as well say that Sunfire's blasts are more powerful than Iceman's because Sunfire's blasts can melt steel and Iceman's can't.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by mighty adam
Bb scream is kooler supes heat got feats but he's been around forever so fck feats.

However he was retconned for the most part in 1985 as the Supes we are all talking about is not the post Flashpoint Superman.

Blackbolt has been around since 1965 that's 48 years of comics.

Turkey Pie
I'm aware that BB's scream isn't a heat based attack like Superman's heat vision, therefore your question regarding heating the Earth makes you seem exceedingly biased.

I might as well say that Sunfire's blasts are more powerful than Iceman's because Sunfire's blasts can melt steel and Iceman's can't.

Who's biased, usually when Blackbolt cuts loose he gets a beating.

Silent Master
Who's biased, usually when Blackbolt cuts loose he gets a beating.

You, seeing as your question was about the powers respective heating ability.

Turkey Pie
You, seeing as your question was about the powers respective heating ability.

It was really just an example of scope and scale.

Silent Master
It was really just an example of scope and scale.

Of the powers heating ability. that is hardly a fair comparison.

Turkey Pie
Of the powers heating ability. that is hardly a fair comparison.

Give me something on that scale for the scream then....

dial J for Josh
Lol Carver you just had to make this thread didn't you, to continue the chaos. -Pr- has been on a real onslaught closing these threads as of late. He is taking no names and no prisoners. It may be a matter of time before this thread gets its turn. We must dethrone the Sith-Lord mod!

Silent Master
Give me something on that scale for the scream then....

I'll leave that to the Blackbolt fans, my only point was that your question was extremely biased.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Lol Carver you just had to make this thread didn't you, to continue the chaos. -Pr- has been on a real onslaught closing these threads as of late. He is taking no names and no prisoners. It may be a matter of time before this thread gets its turn. We must dethrone the Sith-Lord mod!

Why? His job is to moderate ours is to debate, yet with the traffic on this forum so slow, closing active threads and alienating posters seems a strange course of action.

dial J for Josh
Lol I didn't even read any of the comments I just clicked on the thread and responded. And pr was there lol. Yes bait thread indeed but it is funny smile

Turkey Pie
I'll leave that to the Blackbolt fans, my only point was that your question was extremely biased.

If you consider in the context you decided to. If instead you choose to take a step back and consider it's purpose as defining scale... well, not really. I could argue your reaction was knee jerk and overly personal, I won't because it's unwanted. I could flame and say something silly like, "You clealy lurve Blackbolt" also pointless.

dial J for Josh
Why? His job is to moderate ours is to debate, yet with the traffic on this forum so slow, closing active threads and alienating posters seems a strange course of action.

lol I was joking I honestly don't care I like pr.

Turkey Pie
Lol I didn't even read any of the comments I just clicked on the thread and responded. And pr was there lol. Yes bait thread indeed but it is funny smile

But surely this board is to debate, and a bait thread merely means people want to argue an issue. What's wrong in that?

Turkey Pie
lol I was joking I honestly don't care I like pr.

Fair enough, I don't know him.

Silent Master
If you consider in the context you decided to. If instead you choose to take a step back and consider it's purpose as defining scale... well, not really. I could argue your reaction was knee jerk and overly personal, I won't because it's unwanted. I could flame and say something silly like, "You clealy lurve Blackbolt" also pointless.

You asked if Blackbolt's scream which is a non-heat based power could duplicate a heating feat that was performed by a heat-based power.

You're aware that comparing heating feats isn't a good way to judge their respective power levels, right?

bbrem123
BB scream is more powerful

Turkey Pie
You asked if Blackbolt's scream which is a non-heat based power could duplicate a heating feat that was performed by a heat-based power.

You're aware that comparing heating feats isn't a good way to judge their respective power levels, right?

Give me something on a planetary scale it's done. I hoped we'd moved on but you seem determined to misunderstand. Oh well.

celeyhyga17
Hey I kinda like this thread.

Based off feats prolly hv.

Silent Master
Give me something on a planetary scale it's done.

I've already told you that I'd leave that to the Blackbolt fans, I was just pointing out that your question was rather biased in Superman's favor and not a good way to judge their relative power.

carver9
He whispered into the ground and made volcanoes around the world erupt.

Turkey Pie
I've already told you that I'd leave that to the Blackbolt fans, I was just pointing out that your question was rather biased in Superman's favor and not a good way to judge their relative power.

well I would say planetary scale is a good way, as one only has one aspect to Judge that being heat, I have to use heat for it. If you can give me something on a planetary scale for Blackbolt......... Which you have told me you can't, we're square.

Turkey Pie
He whispered into the ground and made volcanoes around the world erupt.

Is that on the same scale as the entire planets surface..... Questionable, however it's impressive if true. Can you provide a scan with context. I would though state it required contact....

Silent Master
well I would say planetary scale is a good way, as one only has one aspect to Judge that being heat, I have to use heat for it. If you can give me something on a planetary scale for Blackbolt......... Which you have told me you can't, we're square.

Exactly my point, only one is heat based and yet your original question was asking if BB's non heat based power could duplicate the heating feat. how many more times do I have to explain this to you before it sinks in?

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Hey I kinda like this thread.

Based off feats prolly hv.

True.

dial J for Josh
I am ignorant in terms of knowing kal's highest feats of him ultilizing his heat vision, but what I can say is what should be more powerful. Superman is superior to black-bolt in every vital stat department. whereas blackbolt has abilities of his own, but is solely known for his catastrophic scream. I simply feel that since this is blackbolts main tool of offence along side of the respective feats that his scream has had, that out of respect of his character design it "should" be more powerful. But that is just my two cents.

-Pr-
Based on feats alone, I would say HV, though I always imagined that the scream would be potentially better.

After Thanos, not sure.

dial J for Josh
Based on feats alone, I would say HV, though I always imagined that the scream would be potentially better.

After Thanos, not sure.

pshh. Maybe Thanos is just that damn good!

Turkey Pie
pshh. Maybe Thanos is just that damn good!

Or maybe Blackbolt has less bite in his bark than we thought.

Turkey Pie
Exactly my point, only one is heat based and yet your original question was asking if BB's non heat based power could duplicate the heating feat. how many more times do I have to explain this to you before it sinks in?

Stop trying to flame child, you are piss poor at it.

Rao Kal El
Based on feat BB has open a hole in reality (while amped, I believe)

Superman has closed a tear in reality (in New genesis IIRC) OR created Black holes.

BB Voice seems more like an ultimate attack and when used it is portrayed by the artists as that an "ultimate attack"

Superman's HV is an often used attack and even though is his "ultimate weapon" is rarely portrayed as his ultimate attack and the times in which it has been used at "full power" (feats mentioned before) it seems that he has accomplished to match or best the feats performed by BB's voice.

IMO big grin

Rao Kal El
Based on feats alone, I would say HV,

thumb up

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Based on feat BB has open a hole in reality (while amped, I believe)

Superman has closed a tear in reality (in New genesis IIRC) OR created Black holes.

BB Voice seems more like an ultimate attack and when used it is portrayed by the artists as that an "ultimate attack"

Superman's HV is an often used attack and even though is his "ultimate weapon" is rarely portrayed as his ultimate attack and the times in which it has been used at "full power" (feats mentioned before) it seems that he has accomplished to match or best the feats performed by BB's voice.

IMO big grin

Yeah, he had Reed tech for that. I agree with you entire post.

Silent Master
Stop trying to flame child.

Pointing out a biased question isn't flaming.

Turkey Pie
Pointing out a biased question isn't flaming.

It wasn't biased, but your adolescent mind is a little confused and rather than take a step back you overreacted and confused it further and now you are completely lost. Lets move on.

Silent Master
It wasn't biased, but your adolescent mind is a little confused and rather than take a step back you overreacted and confused it further and now you are completely lost.

When you consider that only one of the powers was heat based, then yes....a question comparing their heating ability is rather biased.

ozz81
probably HV

celeyhyga17
Funny thing is Bolt's electron blast has been more impressive than his quasi-sonic attack feats-wise... At least on average.

Turkey Pie
When you consider that only one of the powers was heat based, then yes....a question comparing their heating ability is rather biased.

Not really, because if you had replied black bolt moved all the air on Earth with his mighty voice increasing global windspeed by 10 kmh. I would have said cool, that's kind of almost global. Although not quite on the same scale. Anyway we'll agree to disagree or you can keep posting your opinion. I've said my piece an won't reply on this further as I can see it degenerating into abuse. Also, I'm off to bed.

Silent Master
Not really, because if you had replied black bolt moved all the air on Earth with his mighty voice increasing global windspeed by 10 kmh. I would have said cool, that's kind of almost global. Although not quite on the same scale. Anyway we'll agree to disagree or you can keep posting your opinion. I've said my piece an won't reply on this further as I can see it degenerating into abuse. Also, I'm off to bed.

Yes really, comparing the heating ability of a heat based power to one that isn't heat based is in fact biased.

Batman-Prime

After Thanos, not sure.

thumb up

carver9
Black Bolt whisper has dropped Heralds, High Heralds...made Sentry quiver in fear as well, took out Hulk, dropped Gladiator, etc, etc...this is just him partially using his power and this happened against beings that has tanked planetary attacks and solar system busting attacks. Can't see Superman heat vision at the minimum being a major threat to a high Herald but seeing fts could change my opinion.

jitay

You asked for a specific heating move though not a planetary

deathslash
Black Bolt whisper has dropped Heralds, High Heralds...made Sentry quiver in fear as well, took out Hulk, dropped Gladiator, etc, etc...this is just him partially using his power and this happened against beings that has tanked planetary attacks and solar system busting attacks. Can't see Superman heat vision at the minimum being a major threat to a high Herald but seeing fts could change my opinion. Does anyone else think it's weird that Black Bolt's whisper rocks high heralds but his scream can't put down trans. tier characters?
Judging by pure hype and implied power, BB's scream is more powerful. If we go by feats, Superman's heat vision is more powerful.

Mindset
Originally posted by deathslash
Does anyone else think it's weird that Black Bolt's whisper rocks high heralds but his scream can't put down trans. tier characters?
Judging by pure hype and implied power, BB's scream is more powerful. If we go by feats, Superman's heat vision is more powerful. What trans character didn't it put down?

pym-ftw
Why are you so mad TurkeySock?

The scream ismore powerful, really whispers are comparable to HV.

h1a8
By implied power=BB
By actual feats=Superman

deathslash
Originally posted by Mindset
What trans character didn't it put down? well, thanos is at least one and he also didn't put down Apocalypse

quanchi112
BB, definitively.

Mindset
Originally posted by deathslash
well, thanos is at least one and he also didn't put down Apocalypse Thanos is Skyfather.

Apocalypse's showings are all non-canon unless he's losing.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Why are you talking about being mad child. Your flames are poorer than you friend and the comprehension ability of you children is farcical. As for sock.... this is why this site has no new members. Everyone that comes on I suspect gets this sort of false accusation thrown at them by 14 year olds. As I am not prepared to engage further in a heated discussion with a teenager give it up sonny.

maxivitopowe
Supes

pym-ftw
Why are you talking about being mad child. Your flames are poorer than you friend and the comprehension ability of you children is farcical. As for sock.... this is why this site has no new members. Everyone that comes on I suspect gets this sort of false accusation thrown at them by 14 year olds. As I am not prepared to engage further in a heated discussion with a teenager give it up sonny.
No your a sock, and you seem to have diaper rash.

Turkey Pie
No your a sock, and you seem to have diaper rash.

You're not your kid. You haven't even got that far in school.

pym-ftw
Ok "Adult" and in your free time you attack "children" on the internet...

Weirdo

Turkey Pie
Ok "Adult" and in your free time you attack "children" on the internet...

Weirdo

No one is attacking you kid, more proof you're a kid.

pym-ftw
Be an "adult"

Turkey Pie
Be an "adult"

......and not point out your poor grammar? Your poor comprehension? .....and let you go through life thinking you will have a future whilst you are unable to use your and you're correctly. That would surely be remiss kid.

-Pr-
Guys, cut it out.

Black Bolt whisper has dropped Heralds, High Heralds...made Sentry quiver in fear as well, took out Hulk, dropped Gladiator, etc, etc...this is just him partially using his power and this happened against beings that has tanked planetary attacks and solar system busting attacks. Can't see Superman heat vision at the minimum being a major threat to a high Herald but seeing fts could change my opinion.

False comparison. Superman's minimum is far lower than Blackbolt's because his heat vision has more range.

Turkey Pie
Guys, cut it out.

False comparison. Superman's minimum is far lower than Blackbolt's because his heat vision has more range.

Absolutely on both counts.

pym-ftw
Honest Question

Who is the most powerful person Superman beat with just his HV?

abhilegend
Nothing would change your mind.

abhilegend

Want to compare feats?

pym-ftw
With feats that can be calculated?

Sure...

emporerpants
Didn't Supes one shot Despero with HV?

-Pr-
Originally posted by emporerpants

Yes.

emporerpants
I'd say that's a pretty solidly uber feat.

Turkey Pie

My god, how could I have forgotten that......

Turkey Pie
I'd say that's a pretty solidly uber feat.

Despero is beyond High Herald that's for sure. He's beyond anyone that Blackbolt has ever beaten.

emporerpants
So, going by feats, HV wins.

Turkey Pie
So, going by feats, HV wins.

Clearly, well remembered!

abhilegend
With feats that can be calculated?

Sure...
Superman moved a planet dwarfing jupiter with his HV under a red sun. Your turn.

abhilegend
Yes.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_pic020.jpg

He's also oneshotted herald level beings like wonder woman without directly hitting them.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Superman_51jpg_FinalCrisis_6_p34.jpg

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yes.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_pic020.jpg

He's also oneshotted herald level beings like wonder woman without directly hitting them.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Superman_51jpg_FinalCrisis_6_p34.jpg

Nice scans Abhi!

quanchi112
Want to compare feats? That isn't the only way to guard a comparison. Quality over quantity.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by quanchi112
That isn't the only way to guard a comparison. Quality over quantity.

Look Dude you and your cliche, Silent Master and co. Have been totalled. Give it up.

quanchi112
Look Dude you and your cliche, Silent Master and co. Have been totalled. Give it up. ?

DarkSaint85
It's like he's so excited, English has deserted him.

carver9
Where was Wonder Woman knocked out in that scan?

celeyhyga17
Look Dude you and your cliche, Silent Master and co. Have been totalled. Give it up.
Originally posted by quanchi112
?
laughing

abhilegend
Where was Wonder Woman knocked out in that scan?
Where she was lying face down ass up.

DarkSaint85

That's just the way she likes to duck.

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
That's just the way she likes to duck.

So.. You and your buddy are big Blackbolt fans.

DarkSaint85
So.. You and your buddy are big Blackbolt fans.

Three false statements there, based on flimsy evidence and weird, nonsensical logic. No wonder I can't take you seriously.

Turkey Pie
Three false statements there, based on flimsy evidence and weird, nonsensical logic. No wonder I can't take you seriously.

Not really, you and your Buddy Quanchi seem to be on the same page.

DarkSaint85

Turkey Pie
I have run out of things to say

DarkSaint85
Hehe aww.

Well, if you can't see how badly you're making yourself look, I'm not sure how to help you.

Turkey Pie
Hehe aww.

Well, if you can't see how badly you're making yourself look, I'm not sure how to help you.

Haha, you are really worried about your erep, your sigs burns of the need for vindication. Bless you son... chin up! This is a forum with a few kids on, I'm anonymous, to see it as anything else worries me son!

DarkSaint85
Haha, you are really worried about your erep, your sigs burns of the need for vindication. Bless you son... chin up! This is a forum with a few kids on, I'm anonymous, to see it as anything else worries me son!

Oh yes, my erep is all that defines me!

Turkey Pie
Oh yes, my erep is all that defines me!

and Dude look at your team, Quanchi and Silent master!!!! eek! Nah, you're clearly not stupid.

DarkSaint85
and Dude look at your team, Quanchi and Silent master!!!! eek! Nah, you're clearly not stupid.

Course...wait, maybe I am?

Still not sure where you got my team being those two?

Turkey Pie
Course...wait, maybe I am?

Still not sure where you got my team being those two?

They are agreeing with you throughout both threads, no offence I'm just pointing it out.

DarkSaint85
They are agreeing with you throughout both threads, no offence I'm just pointing it out.

It'll take a lot to offend me!

Which threads?

And maybe its because I am a shining leader, an example to all. The mods themselves have said so.

Turkey Pie
It'll take a lot to offend me!

Which threads?

And maybe its because I am a shining leader, an example to all. The mods themselves have said so.

The two we have been talking in....

I'm not big on trying to offend people.

carver9

Doesn't mean she was knocked out.

carver9

thumb up someone finally caught on.

abhilegend
Doesn't mean she was knocked out.
Because you lie down your face down ass up after getting blasted by HV?

Badabing
Doesn't mean she was knocked out. Just stop. Was she just resting? Was she just playing possum? Did she just find a shiny new penny on the ground there? Her eyes are even closed in the scan, along with her body contorted and on the ground. Unless you can prove otherwise, or provide evidence to the contrary, WW was KOed in that scan.

I'm going to say what I, along with other mods and some members, already know. Some Marvel fans like to play dumb, lowball feats and ignore any feats which go against their arguments. I'm going to make it my business to address these tactics with warnings and bans.

dial J for Josh
Badabing duh Lizod laying down the law! Also umm Turkey pie I am not sure if you have been here longer than me or if you are new. But from what I have seen from your post you have just been using a condescending tone which is totally unnecessary.

Rao Kal El
I agree with Carver about wonder woman looking for a penny in that scan, the same applies to thanos ass up vs squirrel girl, maybe thanos was just looking for the power gem.

But in all seriousnes, carver if you read the comic you should know that she was at least flash ko and she was not looking for a penny

And that post of lizod deserves an awesome sig. I will start working on it

Nibedicus
I'm only looking at that one scan and only looking at the fourth panel from the top, if there's a differnt scan/panel that I missed, pls correct me, but from the looks of the scan/panel I'm seeing, it looks more like she was tossed by the force of the HV blast more than she was KOd by it. It is further corroborated by:

-The other characters/objects (as well as the mount she's riding) around her being thrown by the force of the HV blast at that exact moment.
-The fact that KOd ppl rarely ever have both legs up in the air and would be a poor way of depicting it.

Not saying she wasn't KOd by it, but going by the scan it is more a "thrown by the force of something" than it is "she's lying on the ground KOd".

Turkey Pie
Also umm Turkey pie I am not sure if you have been here longer than me or if you are new. But from what I have seen from your post you have just been using a condescending tone which is totally unnecessary.

You have no idea what tone I'm using......

carver9
Originally posted by Nibedicus
I'm only looking at that one scan and only looking at the fourth panel from the top, if there's a differnt scan/panel that I missed, pls correct me, but from the looks of the scan/panel I'm seeing, it looks more like she was tossed by the force of the HV blast more than she was KOd by it. It is further corroborated by:

-The other characters/objects (as well as the mount she's riding) around her being thrown by the force of the HV blast at that exact moment.
-The fact that KOd ppl rarely ever have both legs up in the air and would be a poor way of depicting it.

Not saying she wasn't KOd by it, but going by the scan it is more a "thrown by the force of something" than it is "she's lying on the ground KOd".

That's what I got from it as well but Bada laid down the law so I guess she is koed. I guess it doesn't help that I am a Wondy fan as well.

Nibedicus
That's what I got from it as well but Bada laid down the law so I guess she is koed. I guess it doesn't help that I am a Wondy fan as well.

/shrug

I presented my analysis of the scan, it seems to me that people are jumping a bit to conclusion with the "she's KOd" train of thought.

Turkey Pie
/shrug

I presented my analysis of the scan, it seems to me that people are jumping a bit to conclusion with the "she's KOd" train of thought.

Are you in Manila?

dial J for Josh
You have no idea what tone I'm using......

I apologize you are correct because, name calling, insulting kmc, and using sarcastic condescending remarks are definitely signs of a positive or neutral standing. thumb up

Turkey Pie
I apologize you are correct because, name calling, insulting kmc, and using sarcastic condescending remarks are definitely signs of a positive or neutral standing. thumb up

Calm down kid....

Nibedicus
Are you in Manila?

Nope, Jersey.

Turkey Pie
Nope, Jersey.

Heard of it, never been. I like Manila, love a good Casa wink

Nibedicus
Heard of it, never been. I like Manila, love a good Casa wink

New Jersey.USA. Born in the Phils. Don't live there. :-P

Turkey Pie
New Jersey.USA. Born in the Phils. Don't live there. :-P

Fair enough, I've been to New Jersey for about 3 hours I crossed the Bridge when I visited New York. Probably get as many Casa in NJ if you know where to look... Sadly I didn't have time wasn't that kind of trip. Was your dad in the military then?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Just stop. Was she just resting? Was she just playing possum? Did she just find a shiny new penny on the ground there? Her eyes are even closed in the scan, along with her body contorted and on the ground. Unless you can prove otherwise, or provide evidence to the contrary, WW was KOed in that scan.

I'm going to say what I, along with other mods and some members, already know. Some Marvel fans like to play dumb, lowball feats and ignore any feats which go against their arguments. I'm going to make it my business to address these tactics with warnings and bans.

It's just fear and ignorance at play.

Remember when only a hand-full of people on this board actually read DC? When people would get mad because you'd tell them that no, Storm v Green Lantern wasn't a fair match, and that Wolverine wouldn't generally tag the Flash?

it went from people putting DC characteers in matches that were spite one way or another, to DC's readership on this board steadily growing until what we have now, which is FAR more balanced than it used to be.

People are just afraid that the big, bad DC character is going to somehow ruin their childhood by kicking the shit out of their favourite Marvelite.

lol, the **** you are.

abhilegend

Tossed people don't have their eyes closed lying on the ground face down ass up.

abhilegend
Hahahaha.

dial J for Josh
Hahahaha.

he got dat dere bias exposed huh? Lol, btw I already know that this is extremely late, but I wasn't a member of this site when this movie came out so abhi what are your thoughts on the man of steel movie? Rao you can answer this as well. I know that people have mixed feelings on it, but I felt that it did a solid job on an objective perspective, and I did not mind the pacing of the movie unlike some people, for I feel that they touched on his past in a manner that was efficient to ensure that the story was not drawn out. Not to mention the action sequences were very well done. I just wanted your opinion since you, Rao, and a few others on here love the character. Everyone else can answer as well.

abhilegend
It was a fantastic movie as far as I'm concerned.

Rao Kal El
I like the movie the SECOND time I watch it better.

The first time is was too fast paced, and I like Avengers, spiderman 2 and DK better, after the second time, the movie was esier to digest and I like it even better than avengers as an action movie though Avengers is funnier.

But my fav movie of the summer was pacific rim, that one I lke it better than MOS. big grin

How did you like it?

Nibedicus
Tossed people don't have their eyes closed lying on the ground face down ass up.

Uhhh. Yes they do. Not all of them but it certainly isn't uncommon to close your eyes when one gets tossed.

The position of her mount looks much more like a "tossed" mount (legs up in the air, tongue flapping UPWARDS). Her "ass is up" because she landed face first (which would mean that your ass would be higher than your body).

This scene looks more like her and her mount getting tossed back by the blast and her protecting her face with her arms as she lands on the ground than her napping.

-Pr-
Regardless of Diana's state, the feat is still uber as **** due to the power and damage it wrought.

Also, Pacific Rim was all kinds of awesome.

abhilegend
Uhhh. Yes they do. Not all of them but it certainly isn't uncommon to close your eyes when one gets tossed.

The position of her mount looks much more like a "tossed" mount (legs up in the air, tongue flapping UPWARDS). Her "ass is up" because she landed face first (which would mean that your ass would be higher than your body).

This scene looks more like her and her mount getting tossed back by the blast and her protecting her face with her arms as she lands on the ground than her napping.
So you're saying despite all the evidence she wasn't KOED just because you say so without any kind of proof?

Diesldude

Also, Pacific Rim was all kinds of awesome.

thumb up hell yeah, it was awesome.

Diesldude

She was just waiting for superman to make an entrance.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Diesldude
She was just waiting for superman to make an entrance.

rimshot

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Diesldude
She was just waiting for superman to make an entrance. Originally posted by Batman-Prime
rimshot

thumb up

Nibedicus
Regardless of Diana's state, the feat is still uber as **** due to the power and damage it wrought

Didn't say it wasn't. Just that carver had a point this time.

So you're saying despite all the evidence she wasn't KOED just because you say so without any kind of proof?

Your sole "evidence" was:

-Her eyes are closed, her ass is up.

Mine was:

-Ass up/Eye's closed position can be explained via "getting tossed".

Which is corroborated by:

-Several other things in the area was "getting tossed" by the force of the blast. People, rocks, mounts, etc.
-Her mount's position, particularly with it's legs thrown up and it's tongue prominently dangling UPWARDS (w/c if something that occurs when one was FALLING DOWN and not lying down) looks much more like something getting thrown than lying down.
-The fact that he "ass is up" seems to have more to do than her falling face first to the ground while mounted than it does with her napping.

From where I'm standing, you're actually the one more presenting less "evidence". Tho, admittedly, the art is quite vague.

Of course, if there are panels AFTER the scan is question and if you have more scans that would corroborate your opinion, then I'm more than happy to change my mind.

/shrug

-Pr-
carver had a point

Your first mistake mmm

Nibedicus
Your first mistake mmm

Flaw in my argument? Or we gonna be going the whole "anything carver says is wrong because he's carver" route of debating?

-Pr-
Flaw in my argument? Or we gonna be going the whole "anything carver says is wrong because he's carver" route of debating?

you're really draining all the fun out of this, you know...

Nibedicus
you're really draining all the fun out of this, you know...

Sorry, I just feel sorry for poor ol' carver sometimes, y'know....

sad

Odekahn
Nib, I have to agree with you. It's 1 panel and it could just as easily be WW getting knocked over. KO'd = unconscious. The only way to prove she was KO'd by the blast would be if she were still down in another panel. But since we don't have that, it's all speculation and stating otherwise is adding to what's there.

Also, I'm sure what carver means is that eventhough WW will certainly lose to any of his precious Marvel characters, he doesn't have a hate agenda against her like he does other characters, so he says he's a fan. stick out tongue

Diesldude

Mine was:

-Ass up/Eye's closed position can be explained via "getting tossed".
Ass up, eyes closed hands and arms below usually means knocked out.

Ass down, eyes open, hands up and legs up usually means that the person is falling down but not ko'd

Which is corroborated by:

-Her mount's position, particularly with it's legs thrown up and it's tongue prominently dangling UPWARDS (w/c if something that occurs when one was FALLING DOWN and not lying down) looks much more like something getting thrown than lying down.

See.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>