Darth Malgus runs a New Jedi order gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Allankles
Darth Malgus runs a NJO gauntlet - he gets rest time after every fight who matches him? Where does he stop?

1. Ganner Rhysode
2. Corran Horn
3. Mara Jade
4. Kyle Katarn
5. Jacen Solo
6. Kam Solusar (prime)
7. Jaden Korr
8. Kyp Durron
9. Cade Skywalker
10. Luke Skywalker

Nephthys
He makes it to Luke imo. I'd say perhaps Durron could stop him if Durron had actually done more in combat.

SJones91109
Cade's a pretty big unknown but the guy was apparently more than capable of holding sith off in a saber duel after not touching one for 7 years.

Nephthys
Cade has an incredible feat in tanking an imperial base exploding, but at the end of the day Malgus is a combat monster imo and would beat him despite that.

Allankles
Interesting, Malgus though a tank, did show a weakness to guileful fighters and fighters that can employ force powers with aplomb. Also don't forget guys like Katarn fight like Freedon Nadd and employ blasters and tech in fights.

NewGuy01
Doubt he's beating Jacen.

Nephthys
I'd put him equal to Caedus let alone Jacen.

Allankles
Let me amend

1. Ganner Rhysode is in his '50 at a time' form - still a challenge. Corran Horn - I can block lightsabers with my bare hands - a challenge. Mara Jade - Palps assassin skills, a challenge.
Kyle Katarn - Imperial agent turned Jedi - Freedon Nadd type as a fighter when he's not putting his kid gloves on - this is a dark forces Jedi, they're hardcore.
Jacen Solo - unifying force mindset, not the broken mess we got after.
Kam Solusar (prime) - back when he was an adventurer post Emperor Elite.
Jaden Korr - jedi kid prodigy mindset, not the doubtful older man of legacy era.
Kyp Durron - moving Vong vessels in space form
Cade Skywalker - just needs to be his usual self
Luke Skywalker - emerald lightning form not the off kilter version of the 2nd civil war.

So with that, it looks a bit more of a challenge.

Nephthys
Jaden Korr is in Legacy?

Should he have like, beaten Krayt right at the start or something?

S_W_LeGenD
Malgus will reach Luke.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Considering he's the most powerful of the most powerful, he should have.

Allankles
Originally posted by Nephthys
Jaden Korr is in Legacy?

Writers forgot he existed, pretty much. A lot of them are quite literally not big time video game aficionados or are too busy. Obviously if you're realistic, a lot would have gone wrong for Krayt and his bloody minded Sith would've been stopped by the NJO well before they started the new jedi progom.

Nephthys
But is he really in Legacy?

Allankles
Yeah, he's some kind of explorer looking for the celestials with Jaina out in parts unknown.

Allankles
If you mean the comics, not there. Since the comics are all about mad Krayt and his mad Sith ambitions.

Stealth Moose
Jaden beats Ragnos. Ragnos scared Luke. Therefore, Jaden solos.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Allankles
If you mean the comics, not there. Since the comics are all about mad Krayt and his mad Sith ambitions.

Oh. Yeah I meant the comics.

ares834
1. Ganner Rhysode is in his '50 at a time' form - still a challenge.

Then he loses at 1. Hard.

Q99
Jaden Korr is in Legacy?

There's 'Legacy of the Force,' (the novels, Caedus's time) and then there's 'Legacy' (the comics, Cade's time).

He's from the former, well before the One Sith step out into the open.

Krayt's sith were quite good at subtlety- they operated in secret until 130ABY.

Also at the time both Jaden and Krayt were alive, Krayt would not be as debilitated by the growths as he'd be in the last year or so pre-death and resurrection, so he'd probably beat Jaden fine anyway.

Nephthys
Cross-posting from the other thread. Its not everything Malgus has done, but its still full of badass:

"Sidious describes Malgus in the Book of Sith as 'an exemplary warrior. His battlefield feats have never been equalled.'

In The Third Lesson while still mortally wounded by Satale Shan in the Hope trailer Malgus fights two Jedi. One of the Jedi collapses two large duracrete buildings on top of Malgus, who holds up the rubble before blasting it away. He engages the Jedi in lightsaber combat before sensing the second whom he kills easily by snapping his neck with the Force. Then the Jedi who collapsed the buildings on him charges, but Malgus blows through his lightsaber defense with his lightning, burning holes in his body with it before executing him.

In Deception Malgus kills 3 Jedi at once with a single burst of lightning. His Force Scream shatters a huge collumn. His Force Push kills a Jedi by blasting her across the temple and is described as powerful enough to splinter bone. He lifted 2 pieces of statuary and smashed them into each other hard enough to shatter them into a shower of stone. He's leaped to the ground from 50 meters up while creating a cocoon of power strong enough so that when he landed he shattered the stone and turned it into a hail of shrapnel. He's incredibly strong, at one point kicking Lord Adraas so hard he flies across a room and cracks a stone column in half and being described as stronger than Aryn Leneer, who herself was able to fling Malgus the length of an F-22 (20 meters). At the end of the novel he completely embraces the Dark Side and gains a massive boost of power making him beyond all the feats I just mentioned.

Finally in TOR Malgus fights either the Strike Team made up of the Republic or Empire players. Despite fighting such opponents as the Hero of Tython + Barsen'thor/Darth Nox + Emperor's Wrath he is able to bring them to their knees with a gout of lightning and toss them around in TK. "

Allankles
That's why he's a tank, tremendous damage soak his TK feats and lightning feats are scary, but Jedi are usually more subtle than Sith when using the force and would obviously (even if they were capable) not employ the force so brutally.

So while I can see him do that to some Jedi here, I don't see him doing it to the Jedi from 4 going down. And even the top 3 names would be cagey enough to make him sweat out a hard victory.

Remember - a true Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense.

Also many of these Jedi have fought force entities, multiple opponents at a time etc that would conceivably have beat Malgus if he was put in the same scenarios.

So yeah, while he's uberz, some of these guys are uberz too and far more crafty in some instances due to the Jedi's emphasis on defense.

Also Katarn, Jacen and Jaden are noted powerful dark side force users as are Luke (if you count emerald lightning) and Cade. So dark side mastery alone from Malgus doesn't give him an automatic win.

Allankles
Originally posted by ares834
Then he loses at 1. Hard.
stick out tongue

JediMaster97

S_W_LeGenD

Nephthys

ares834
stick out tongue

Hmm?

If Rhysode is in his army soloing mode. Malgus doesn't stand a chance.

Allankles
Rhysode can beat Malgus which is the reason he's here. I wouldn't put Jedi who could be dismissed quick like Kenth Hamner, et al.

Allankles
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Really?

Really?

Apart from Luke, no one in your list holds a candle to Malgus. The latter have history of beating some perfectly competent Force-users.

Everyone of these guys has experience. A lot of these guys were fighting in the first galactic civil war, you know - that brutal campaign that thinned out the Empire to 8 sectors of space.

And Luke isn't the only one who would beat or have a chance of beating Malgus. Jacen Solo is a gifted force user with tons of esoteric knowledge. Katarn - I actually consider him one of the least here - took down 7 dark Jedi by his lonesome on Ruusan. Yeah he got whooped by Caedus but any Jedi not trying to be brutal towards a fellow Jedi would lose similarly. These things are not so black and white.

Who else - Korr is actually more gifted in the force than Katarn and has defeated Tavion (an ascended mortal via Waru) who had the sceptre of Ragnos. Not to mention the Sith spirit of Ragnos as well as force entity who would have crushed Malgus to be honest - s/he almost crushed Korr actually while he was going through some kind of crisis of conscience over his use of dark side powers.

Kyp Durron - is also a force powerhouse and experienced Jedi of several wars - Civil war, 2nd civil war, Vong crisis etc His force power has been demonstrated to be equal to any top tier.

Who else? These guys are all powerhouses do a read up.

Allankles
Even Luke by the 2nd Civil War could be beat by some guys in his order. Every stable competent generation like Luke's has Jedi that can beat top tiers. Some of the guys these people have taken out could beat Luke outright and vice versa.

Allankles
Things plateau, younger Jedi catch up to masters and even develop force powers unique to themselves. Malgus would have to be better than we've ever seen him to clear imv.

Nephthys
You know theres an edit button.

And yeah these guys are good. That doesn't mean they can beat Malgus though.

Allankles
I hear u. 'Good enough' is enough for a Jedi. They tend to do more with less and these guys have more than 'less'. 5 jedi prodigies is nothing to sniff at.

S_W_LeGenD
Everyone of these guys has experience. A lot of these guys were fighting in the first galactic civil war, you know - that brutal campaign that thinned out the Empire to 8 sectors of space.
They don't have any advantage over Malgus in experience department. In-fact, Sidious believes that Malgus's battlefield exploits have never been duplicated. Sidious have extreme standards so I respect his assessment about Malgus and expect you to do the same.

And Luke isn't the only one who would beat or have a chance of beating Malgus. Jacen Solo is a gifted force user with tons of esoteric knowledge. Katarn - I actually consider him one of the least here - took down 7 dark Jedi by his lonesome on Ruusan. Yeah he got whooped by Caedus but any Jedi not trying to be brutal towards a fellow Jedi would lose similarly. These things are not so black and white.
Jacen have some credibility but not enough to declare him a match for Malgus. Have he subdued any notably powerful opponent (excluding his Caedus incarnation)?

Malgus cut down a Dooku level (or possibly superior) opponent when he was young; watch SWTOR Return trailer. Later on, he subdued additional powerhouses including Satele, Leenar and a Zabrak (who collapsed two buildings around Malgus's position in an effort to crush him). In the nutshell, Malgus have hugely impressive combat performance in his favor.

Katarn's feat doesn't holds a candle to Malgus's performance inside the Jedi Temple.

Who else - Korr is actually more gifted in the force than Katarn and has defeated Tavion (an ascended mortal via Waru) who had the sceptre of Ragnos. Not to mention the Sith spirit of Ragnos as well as force entity who would have crushed Malgus to be honest - s/he almost crushed Korr actually while he was going through some kind of crisis of conscience over his use of dark side powers.
Translation: Korr's victory is circumstantial. Ragnos was not in his prime condition during this event so I overlook this development.

Kyp Durron - is also a force powerhouse and experienced Jedi of several wars - Civil war, 2nd civil war, Vong crisis etc His force power has been demonstrated to be equal to any top tier.
Yes, he is legitimate. However, can you list down his most impressive performances?

Who else? These guys are all powerhouses do a read up.
Satele, Darach, Leener and another aren't lesser powerhouses in comparison to the any of the Jedi you have mentioned such as Durron, Katarn, Jacen and Korr. In-fact, existing evidence favors the former 4 over the latter 4 in some ways.

Allankles
They don't have any advantage over Malgus in experience department. In-fact, Sidious believes that Malgus's battlefield exploits have never been duplicated. Sidious have extreme standards so I respect his assessment about Malgus and expect you to do the same.

Sidious word is not law, nor does it represent a complete assessment of all force users. That sounds like Malgus is a "dog of war" type, impressive but nothing the universe hasn't seen before or after in terms of terriers of war.

Freedon Nadd, Ragnos, Kun, hell even his enemies like Windu (Dantooine) and Yoda would all be worthy of the same praise.

Not to mention his assessment doesn't include the NJO who have arguably faced the most gruelling barbaric stretch of war the sw universe has seen so far.

Allankles

Jacen have some credibility but not enough to declare him a match for Malgus. Have he subdued any notably powerful opponent (excluding his Caedus incarnation)?

He's untested against Sith but he's fought slayers, Shimra in a gravity platform et al. Enough to show us that he's not a push over which is all a Jedi needs to contend with another Jedi. Not to mention he's still Jacen as Caedus so...

Malgus cut down a Dooku level (or possibly superior) opponent when he was young; watch SWTOR Return trailer. Later on, he subdued additional powerhouses including Satele, Leenar and a Zabrak (who collapsed two buildings around Malgus's position in an effort to crush him). In the nutshell, Malgus have hugely impressive combat performance in his favor.

A lot of people that have power have been cut down by lesser guys, its how you use your power that counts. So there have been plenty that could be casually Dooku level but few are Dooku poised, Dooku smart. Dooku would be a favorite for me against Malgus, simply because I think he's more cunning.

Katarn's feat doesn't holds a candle to Malgus's performance inside the Jedi Temple.

You're right, none of those guys are a much for Jerec and his zealots.

Translation: Korr's victory is circumstantial. Ragnos was not in his prime condition during this event so I overlook this development.

Translation: Jaden is a Jedi Master, there is no coincidence with the force he followed the living force to victory. That's what makes a master a master, he can use circumstance, situation, opportunity, time and space to defeat any opponent, even opponents far in excess of Malgus in power.

Malgus would not intimidate or awe Korr one bit, when it came down to it and a contest of mastery would ensue. Is Malgus the greater master? He might have great power, but what of his intellect, his knowledge of the subtleties of force. Jaden is fundamentally sound without glaring flaws in his mastery of combat based techniques. He stuck close to the basics allowing him to master core powers instead of spreading himself thin.

He was beating Empire Reborn Jedi and ex proctors (mature, schooled Imperial aligned Jedi imbued with Sceptre power) as a 14 year old for heavens sake, the guy is a prodigy of soughts.

Yes, he is legitimate. However, can you list down his most impressive performances?

I already have, not only is he a quick read, he's also very clinical in the clutch. Facing a Ragnos possessed dark side elite at 14 is nuts. I'm not surprised writers didn't know what to do with him after. Plus he's quick, more mobile, more agile, strong physically (not as Malgus but peak human) and in the force.

Satele, Darach, Leener and another aren't lesser powerhouses in comparison to the any of the Jedi you have mentioned such as Durron, Katarn, Jacen and Korr. In-fact, existing evidence favors the former 4 over the latter 4 in some ways.

I beg to differ, by actual feats of power and combat the NJO are better off. They've been in wars even more vicious and faced dangers more oppressive to be honest than the old school Jedi-Sith guys.

Nephthys
Translation: Jaden is a Jedi Master, there is no coincidence with the force he followed the living force to victory. That's what makes a master a master, he can use circumstance, situation, opportunity, time and space to defeat any opponent, even opponents far in excess of Malgus in power.

Don't be stupid. Jaden can't defeat any opponent, certainly not any in excess of Malgus.

Malgus would not intimidate or awe Korr one bit, when it came down to it and a contest of mastery would ensue. Is Malgus the greater master? He might have great power, but what of his intellect, his knowledge of the subtleties of force. Jaden is fundamentally without glaring flaws in his mastery of combat based techniques. He was beating Empire Reborn Jedi and ex proctors as a 14 year old for heavens sake, the guy is a prodigy of soughts.

I'm pretty sure Jaden was older than 14.

And yes, Malgus is the greater master. He submitted utterly to the darkside and became almost unstoppable. His understanding of the darkside is astoundingly deep. In terms of his abilities in combat he is by far Jaden's superior.

Where are you getting this info on Korr? He has no flaws in his technique? Wtf? I've rarely seen such wanking of a character.

The_Tempest
I've rarely seen such wanking of a character.

You should reacquaint yourself with your own post history, with emphasis on certain keywords: "Bane," "Nihilus," "Vitiate," and anything from TOR.

Or read anything by S_W_LeGenD.

Allankles
Don't be stupid. Jaden can't defeat any opponent, certainly not any in excess of Malgus.

confused He already did, a Rakatan force entity.

I'm pretty sure Jaden was older than 14.

The Ragnos Crisis happened in one year, 14 ABY. Making him 14...eek! Talk about a baptism of fire - I know.

The guy would be considered a prodigy in any era.

And yes, Malgus is the greater master. He submitted utterly to the darkside and became almost unstoppable. His understanding of the darkside is astoundingly deep. In terms of his abilities in combat he is by far Jaden's superior.

Where are you getting this info on Korr? He has no flaws in his technique? Wtf? I've rarely seen such wanking of a character.

Devoting yourself to the dark side is flawed and makes you weak kneed in time, and the greater the devotion the harder the fall. The dark side is the path to oblivion. As Yoda said - war not make one great. The Sith hybrids were superior to these other wanabes since their sith bloodlines were genetically adapted to the dark side and sith magic, human just get weak kneed over time.

The Jedi are older than the Sith and also wiser.

I said he had no glaring flaws seen by his handling or the Rakatan entities abnormal force strength, protecting himself with TK to the point where for all its power it couldn't quite crush him.

I didn't say he was flawless. And wanking a character once in a while isn't a crime, especially when its deserved. SW has few level headed Jedi as gifted as this guy, many go dark side or are overbearing Gary stus. At least Korr isn't among them, so yeah he's also likeable.

Nephthys
confused He already did, a Rakatan force entity.

And why exactly is this Rakatan entity so powerful that you'd think that its better than Malgus? From what I'm reading on Wookieepedia Jaden was helpless against it and needed his friends to distract it to wound it. And even then he ran because he knew he couldn't beat it.

The Ragnos Crisis happened in one year, 14 ABY. Making him 14...eek! Talk about a baptism of fire - I know.

The guy would be considered a prodigy in any era.

Thats stupid.

Devoting yourself to the dark side is flawed and makes you weak kneed in time, and the greater the devotion the harder the fall. The dark side is the path to oblivion. As Yoda said - war not make one great. The Sith hybrids were superior to these other wanabes since their sith bloodlines were genetically adapted to the dark side and sith magic, human just get weak kneed over time.

Riiiight, except that didn't happen. When Malgus embraced the darkside in Deception his power vastly increased and he went from evenly duelling Aryn Leneer to comfortably stomping her.

That genetics things is also dumb and not true.

I said he had no glaring flaws seen by his handling or the Rakatan entities abnormal force strength, protecting himself with TK to the point where for all its power it couldn't quite crush him.

That doesn't mean that he has no flaws in his combat technique. And even then that doesn't mean that Malgus can't still defeat him by simply being more powerful than he is or dominating him in lightsaber combat.

Allankles
And why exactly is this Rakatan entity so powerful that you'd think that its better than Malgus? From what I'm reading on Wookieepedia Jaden was helpless against it and needed his friends to distract it to wound it. And even then he ran because he knew he couldn't beat it.

It was something of a force god, or celestial or whatever. It couldn't be killed by his lightsaber, he even got a good swing at it and it dismissed the huge gash across its chest. No lightsaber or force technique could affect it, it would simply heal and proceed to one man army rape any force sensitve.

So Malgus being a flesh and blood type would have been pinned and dropped if he came at this thing. Retreat was the only course. Considering another flesh and blood type could subdue him with TK, I wouldn't count Malgus as the best guy to take this thing. It could use the force on a galactic scale, it just needed to escape with its host, but Faal blew up the station.

Thats stupid.

Eeh! Just cause you don't like it... He wasn't just some normal Jedi, for pete's sake. Even the opening scrawl tells u that.

Riiiight, except that didn't happen. When Malgus embraced the darkside in Deception his power vastly increased and he went from evenly duelling Aryn Leneer to comfortably stomping her.

My argument isn't that Malgus can't beat Korr, it's that I don't see him doing it for the majority, given the intangibles here. Which are that Korr is faster, more agile and is stronger in the force than the likes of Leneer. He is also pretty proficient in some dark side combat techniques unlike Leneer or most every Jedi Malgus dueled.

That genetics things is also dumb and not true.

It's proven true for every potent dark side adept who's not a member of the Sith species. While I don't believe the DS is inherently evil, it is chaotic and destructive. Therefore anyone who makes the huge error of putting their faith in it, is basically doomed to fail. Vader understood this in the end and got out of the mess, saving his identity in the force.

That doesn't mean that he has no flaws in his combat technique. And even then that doesn't mean that Malgus can't still defeat him by simply being more powerful than he is or dominating him in lightsaber combat.

I didn't say he had no flaws, I said 3 decades of training and fighting have ironed out any glaring flaws in his technique. He's never even lost a fight, despite nearly dying in Riptide. The worst he ever got was losing focus and getting his fingers severed, apart from that - he could have ended the fight with force lightning too, but chose to continue the lightsaber duel and avoid relying on the dark side.

He's basically like a better version of Revan imv, with less baggage and less ego.

Allankles
Also he fights with two blades, and saves the second as a tramp card. He's basically the kind of Jedi they would send to assassinate Malgus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.