Blackbolt Vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Turkey Pie
Blackbolt is on moon, Superman is on Earth when the fight starts. They come out of there corners. ding ding.

dial J for Josh
Really?

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Really?

Hey, why not...? Ah, I read the opening post my spelling has gone to shit, I'm tired. Laterz.

celeyhyga17
Supes edges him. Only real way Bolt can win is if he goes exotic from the get go. Along with his quasi-sonic attacks, he has electron manip attacks that are uber.

This scenario happens if he's able to tank Clark's blitzes. I see Clark using his speed advantage to keep him off balance seeing as how Clark will prolly have an idea of how powerful Bolt's attacks can be.

-Pr-
Superman.

Galan007
Originally posted by Turkey Pie
Blackbolt is on moon, Superman is on Earth when the fight starts. Superman HV's 'bolt from earth.

Good thread. thumb up

Batman-Prime
Superman is above BB. BB only chance is his sonic scream and Clarks enchanced hearing.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman HV's 'bolt from earth.

Good thread. thumb up
Lol..

Bolt shields himself.
Supes realizes he has to take him out the old fashion way. He then bench presses the moon a few times before he flies to earth for warm up purposes.
Combo to ko ensues. He wins.

MF DELPH
Yeah, Supes.

deathslash
Superman after a nice fight. Black Bolt's whisper has rocked high herald level characters and he has a plethora of other exotic abilities that gives him better range and versatility over Superman. Still, Clark wins because of his superior speed and fighting abilities.

leonidas

Good thread. thumb up

laughing out loud

thumb up

The Sorrow
Originally posted by deathslash
Superman after a nice fight. Black Bolt's whisper has rocked high herald level characters and he has a plethora of other exotic abilities that gives him better range and versatility over Superman. Still, Clark wins because of his superior speed and fighting abilities.
Didn't his whisper fail to KO one of Thanos' little spy creatures during Infinity? His voice doesn't seem to be the trump card it once was.

pym-ftw
Superman solidly.

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Didn't his whisper fail to KO one of Thanos' little spy creatures during Infinity? His voice doesn't seem to be the trump card it once was.

Good point...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot13_zpsadc617b7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot14_zps76963aaa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I wonder why they are doing BB like this.?

Galan007
Doing him like what?

Imo, a whisper failing to KO/kill one of Thanos' goons isn't a low showing for 'bolt, because it was: a.) only a whisper, and b.) Thanos' team isn't just a grouping of random feebs that anyone can trounce-- they represent some of the most elite/feared beings in the universe. That being said, you should chalk that showing up to an impressive feat for said goon-- not a poor showing for 'bolt.

His screams failing to significantly harm Thanos isn't a low showing, because it is still, at best, a low/mid trans-level attack. Thanos, on the other hand, is a solid high trans-level character-- and his raw durability likely transcends the transcendent tier all together.

carver9
@Galan...

Thanos henchman durability wasn't that great. Black Bolt ripped his arm off with ease.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot2_zpsdbef627d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

ODG
Doing him like what?

Imo, a whisper failing to KO/kill one of Thanos' goons isn't a low showing for 'bolt, because it was: a.) only a whisper, and b.) Thanos' team isn't just a grouping of random feebs that anyone can trounce-- they represent some of the most elite/feared beings in the universe. That being said, you should chalk that showing up to an impressive feat for said goon-- not a poor showing for 'bolt.

His screams failing to significantly harm Thanos isn't a low showing, because it is still, at best, a low/mid trans-level attack. Thanos, on the other hand, is a solid high trans-level character-- and his raw durability likely transcends the transcendent tier all together. I, too, fail to understand why people are acting this way.

Black Bolt did more to Thanos with three attacks than PG Thor managed during an entire issue of fighting. Somehow, Black Bolt's attacks are weak. I don't even...

zopzop
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Didn't his whisper fail to KO one of Thanos' little spy creatures during Infinity? His voice doesn't seem to be the trump card it once was. Originally posted by carver9
Good point...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot13_zpsadc617b7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot14_zps76963aaa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I wonder why they are doing BB like this.?
Look who is writing the series and you'll find your answer.

As to the thread, Superman should destroy BB.

Turkey Pie

Good thread. thumb up

That's how I saw it going also. Nice to see we are on the same page. thumb up

dial J for Josh
Doing him like what?

His screams failing to significantly harm Thanos isn't a low showing, because it is still, at best, a low/mid trans-level attack. Thanos, on the other hand, is a solid high trans-level character-- and his raw durability likely transcends the transcendent tier all together.

exactly. BB definitely left his mark in Infinity, and in issue one of infinity BB whispering to one of Thanos's outriders is not a low showing. That whisper served its purpose for that minor scene, and should not be over analyzed, perhaps blackbolt had the capacity to control the frequency output of that particular whisper, but as I said it should not be over analyzed. Now Thanos tanking his scream is anything but a low showing, yes Thanos tanked another scream from point blank, but he did manage to mess his physical appearance up and draw blood. Also its fricken Thanos....

guy222
Supes

maxivitopowe
Supes

Fifthchild
Under Hickman the voice (most probably a whisper though there was no real indication given) oneshotted an alt universe Terrax in New Avengers. The Thanos scene was indeed a low showing given how the voice has mostly been portrayed. A pretty piss-poor showing really but most folks around here seem to have a much lower opinion of BB's capabilities for whatever reason.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
@Galan...

Thanos henchman durability wasn't that great. Black Bolt ripped his arm off with ease.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot2_zpsdbef627d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1 Again: not a low showing for the goon.

Look at 'bolt's track record and you'll see why.

abhilegend
Again: not a low showing for the goon.

Look at 'bolt's track record and you'll see why.
Its a low showing for the goon.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_FantasticFourv141117.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_FantasticFourv141118.jpg

Stop hating scan daddy carter prime, you hater.

quanchi112
BB wins.

Odekahn
Superman with ease.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Odekahn
Superman with ease. Based on ?

Turkey Pie
Originally posted by quanchi112
BB wins.

Only in the minds of you and your intellectual equals, Pym ftw and Silent Master.

Odekahn
Based on ?

Super speed, common sense, and a non biased viewpoint. Your turn.

quanchi112
Super speed, common sense, and a non biased viewpoint. Your turn. He rarely uses super speed. This isn't cbr which leads me to think the biased claim is projection.

Bb's whisper seals the deal.

Turkey Pie
He rarely uses super speed. This isn't cbr which leads me to think the biased claim is projection.

You're delusional, do you even read comics.

quanchi112
You're delusional, do you even read comics. what makes you believe I am delusional ?

Yes, I have some comics in my time.

Turkey Pie
what makes you believe I am delusional ?

Yes, I have some comics in my time.

Most of the threads I've read you posting in.

Was Robin Williams one?

carver9
Superman wins after a good fight. Black Bolt can pull some wins but not the majority imo.

deathlife
Superman every day and twice on Sundays.

tkitna
Superman would win a majority me believes.

Diesldude
BB wins.

Only in the minds of you and your intellectual equals, Pym ftw and Silent Master.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Superman solidly.

whoops...

mighty adam
Supes should win but if this is a bloodlust bb, then supes should come out with damage. Bb is a top 10 herald easily.

mighty adam
Originally posted by carver9
Superman wins after a good fight. Black Bolt can pull some wins but not the majority imo. agreed. Seems like I been agreeing with you alot lately....scary

Odekahn
He rarely uses super speed. This isn't cbr which leads me to think the biased claim is projection.

Or you could read the forum rules.

dial J for Josh
I have said this in the HV vs BB scream thread. Superman is superior to Blackbolt in every vital stat department. Which is enough to warrant him the win here.

Stoic

Your quote has me thinking that Superman would fly in there at super speed, cover BB's mouth, and one-shot him. IMO Superman wins this.

quanchi112
Upon the Infinity appearances I would say it shows Blackbolt definitively wins here.

carver9

Lets debate this in the Surfer vs Superman thread.

Golgo13
Superman.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Superman. How ?

zopzop
Originally posted by Golgo13
Superman.
One month ago, I would have said Superman stomps. But seeing what BB did to Thanos......while weakened and comparing it to what established Elite High Heralds like Thor did (NOTHING), I'm saying if BB let's out a sound, it's lights out for SM.

ODG
Originally posted by One-Punch
The bomb started working only after Black Bolt screamed. This suggest the scream is what activated it. It also heavily implies the scream is what powered it too. What evidence is there to suggest the bomb siphoned energy off his actual body? Black Bolt was no where near the bomb when it activated. There was no implied connection between the bomb and Black Bolt, except the scream. You've hit on the right idea. The point is, the bomb itself converted sound to light to cast its worldwide transformative effects:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/TerrigenesisBomb01.jpg

So whether or not it siphoned power from Black Bolt's body to weaken him is irrelevant. The Terrigenesis Bomb definitely drew its power directly from his scream. And as noted by the observant, the bomb itself is lighting up before it hits Thanos. At best, the bomb is being powered up concurrently with Thanos tanking it. At worst, Thanos took the brunt of a diminished scream after the bomb had already drawn power from it. Either way, nobody should be looking at those scenes and arguing that Thanos took the attack first, and then the bomb drew in sound.

And as I'm sure people will gloss over, like with the scream-powered bomb that eventually caused the Fault into the Cancerverse, Black Bolt's scream in Infinity powered a device that unlocked dormant Inhuman genes across an entire planet's population. For comparison's sake, it took the entire damn Phoenixforce sacrificing itself to do the same for dormant mutant genes.

Food for thought.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, Black Bolt's voice is uber. In January, I'm going to make him a revamped respect thread.

Mindset
No, do it now.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset
No, do it now.

Can't. Too busy raping and pillaging.

Decimus
Nice showing for Blackbolt better for Thanos. Superman wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Decimus
Nice showing for Blackbolt better for Thanos. Superman wins. How does he win ? He can't tank even a whisper without being seriously injured.

abhilegend
Superman wins. If we're going by high end feats, superman has so many that BB would be left into dust.Originally posted by zopzop
One month ago, I would have said Superman stomps. But seeing what BB did to Thanos......while weakened and comparing it to what established Elite High Heralds like Thor did (NOTHING), I'm saying if BB let's out a sound, it's lights out for SM.
You haven't seen what Superman has endured, have you?

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
You haven't seen what Superman has endured, have you?
We have to put it into context. Do you really see Superman no selling Thor's lightening strikes, while not even bothering to defend himself, and then a Mjolnir smash to the face without so much as breaking skin?

No right? Well the guy that withstood that assault, with a smile, was bloodied by a weakened Black Bolt.

quanchi112
Originally posted by zopzop
We have to put it into context. Do you really see Superman no selling Thor's lightening strikes, while not even bothering to defend himself, and then a Mjolnir smash to the face without so much as breaking skin?

No right? Well the guy that withstood that assault, with a smile, was bloodied by a weakened Black Bolt. Thanos took the full scream at full power followed by the multiple whispers after he was weakened.

abhilegend

No right? Well the guy that withstood that assault, with a smile, was bloodied by a weakened Black Bolt.
Its too much of an ABC comparison. But yes, I've seen superman shrug off attacks that oneshot or even kill other top tiers. I could post them if you like.

Also if Thor's lightning wasn't magical, I can safely say that Superman can shrug it off. He's never been bothered by lightning that much and sometimes even laughed at lightning from top tiers.

Also bloodying Thanos is good and all but its not be all, end all feat that you're making it out to be. Thanos was shown to be ultimately far above BB too. His scream has also failed to put down fantastic four while being bloodlusted, what would you make that out to be?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_FantasticFourv141117.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_FantasticFourv141118.jpg

Warlord
supes should win. not stomp, but win.
BB will take some if he opens with a scream.
won't happen in the majority of their encounters though

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman pre DCnU tanked an 50 x Supernova explosion, while weakened, while his powers were drained by red sun radiation. He would tank the full blast of BB, it would hurt and rock him but he would stand. I also think that he would tanke the weakened blast from BB that Thanos took. He could also avoid the blast alltogether with speed alone, get behind BB and ko him. He wins easy.

Warlord
50 x supernova ftw against any possible vs matchup.

all bow down to superman

zopzop
Its too much of an ABC comparison. But yes, I've seen superman shrug off attacks that oneshot or even kill other top tiers. I could post them if you like.

Also if Thor's lightning wasn't magical, I can safely say that Superman can shrug it off. He's never been bothered by lightning that much and sometimes even laughed at lightning from top tiers.

Also bloodying Thanos is good and all but its not be all, end all feat that you're making it out to be. Thanos was shown to be ultimately far above BB too. His scream has also failed to put down fantastic four while being bloodlusted, what would you make that out to be?

Thor's lightening is magic. Pretty powerful magic too considering the beings it's affected. Yet Thanos just shrugged it off without even defending himself. Then you have the Mjolnir strike to the face, also unblocked, that didn't even draw blood or break skin. So you have three unanswered strikes from Marvel's Elite High Herald which did nothing.

A weakened Black Bolt bloodied Thanos.

If BB hit any herald with even that weakened scream, they'd be comatose or worse.

EDIT :
Addressing your scans, the writer of that FF arc was a moron (he's the one that introduced the idiotic hyperspace weakness concerning the Celestials, among other stuff). See BB's voice ripping a PARSECS wide tear in reality that allowed the Cancerverse to enter 616 universe for a more recent display of power, or this Infinity incident.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Warlord

all bow down to superman
Or the explosion of multiversal source wall which would've killed ALE Scott Free if not for Source's protection.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Warlord

all bow down to superman

I also gave you the option to avoid it completly by outracing it with superspeed. *shrug

abhilegend
Thor's lightening is magic. Pretty powerful magic too considering the beings it's affected. Which means little in case of Thanos. He isn't vulnerable to magic. Its good but its nothing Thanos hasn't done previously.

Only a bit of blood and Thanos palmed his voice.

Superman has taken attacks from more than 300 above top tiers Gogs at once while he was weakened to the point he was going lightheaded by approaching mach 1.

Yet, its canon. The first instance was amped by a bomb and in the same series his scream didn't even destroy a ship Vulcan was in. You are blowing this feat out of proportion. Bloodying Thanos isn't that big of a feat.

Mindship
So wait...now even Black Bolt can hurt Thanos, while Surfer still folds like a girlie man from the purple one's pimp slaps? Cosmic facepalm moment here.

Is the raw output of BB's voice > SS's power cosmic?? What's next? Thanos armbarred by Black Panther while Surfer scratches his gleaming head, wondering why everybody else is scoring points?

Anyways, Superman wins. I like Black Bolt, but...seems like enough is enough already.

Mshinu
Supes wins this but Blackagar takes a minority 3-4 I say.

zopzop
Which means little in case of Thanos. He isn't vulnerable to magic. Its good but its nothing Thanos hasn't done previously.

Only a bit of blood and Thanos palmed his voice.

Superman has taken attacks from more than 300 above top tiers Gogs at once while he was weakened to the point he was going lightheaded by approaching mach 1.

Yet, its canon. The first instance was amped by a bomb and in the same series his scream didn't even destroy a ship Vulcan was in. You are blowing this feat out of proportion. Bloodying Thanos isn't that big of a feat.
Then show me who else has bloodied Thanos (while they were weakened)? Nothing below HH that's for sure.

abhilegend
Then show me who else has bloodied Thanos (while they were weakened)? Nothing below HH that's for sure.
Gamora has done that. A no name mercenary did that.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_CosmicPowers01Thanos_Page_07_Image_0001.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_CosmicPowers01Thanos_Page_08_Image_0001.jpg

How powerful is that axe? Abstract level?

zopzop

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_CosmicPowers01Thanos_Page_07_Image_0001.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_CosmicPowers01Thanos_Page_08_Image_0001.jpg

How powerful is that axe? Abstract level?
He was fooling around, seeking a challenge and had just taken out an entire army/planet full of those aliens.

That axe >>>>>>>>>>>>>DP Tyrant/Maker/Odin/Surfer/Galactus apparently. roll eyes (sarcastic)

abhilegend
He was fooling around, seeking a challenge and had just taken out an entire army/planet full of those aliens.

That axe >>>>>>>>>>>>>DP Tyrant/Maker/Odin/Surfer/Galactus apparently. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Yet fooling around doesn't mean his durability was weakened.

Sure was.

zopzop
Yet fooling around doesn't mean his durability was weakened.
The point is some random guy didn't just show up and slice him up. Thanos was playing around with an entire planet full of those aliens and he slaughtered them all except for this one alien that managed to draw blood with his abstract axe. An entire planet and this is the only guy that manages to tag Thanos? That make sense to you? You know what that's called right? It's the same BS that has street levelers tagging people that can move at FTL speeds.

That axe >>>>> high herald, trans, skyfather, and high end cosmic attack Thanos has gone up against. smokin'

abhilegend

The point is some random guy didn't just show up and slice him up. Thanos was playing around with an entire planet full of those aliens and he slaughtered them all except for this one alien that managed to draw blood with his abstract axe. An entire planet and this is the only guy that manages to tag Thanos? That make sense to you? You know what that's called right? It's the same BS that has street levelers tagging people that can move at FTL speeds. In the same series Thanos went out of his way to avoid Morg's axe.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_CosmicPowers05Morg_Page_26_Image_0001.jpg

A random kree blaster is above them too.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15065765/Quasar-59-15.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15065766/Quasar-59-16.jpg.html

Everybody has low showings. Even Thanos.

abhilegend
Also Gamora drew blood from Thanos here with a kick.

http://i.imgur.com/HUhkAEh.jpg

zopzop
In the same series Thanos went out of his way to avoid Morg's axe.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_CosmicPowers05Morg_Page_26_Image_0001.jpg

A random kree blaster is above them too.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15065765/Quasar-59-15.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/15065766/Quasar-59-16.jpg.html

Everybody has low showings. Even Thanos.
Morg was a beast in that arc, fully bloodlusted and under Tyrant's control. That was a supremely high showing for Morg.

Nothing of consequence happened to Thanos with that Kree blaster. His clothes weren't even singed. Knocking him off his feet is all it did. Superman has been knocked off his feet by people far less powerful than him no? What does that prove.
Also Gamora drew blood from Thanos here with a kick.

http://i.imgur.com/HUhkAEh.jpg
See the street leveler rule.

Mindship
*sigh*

quanchi112

How powerful is that axe? Abstract level? Difference is we are comparing characters in the same arc by the same writer.

eaebiakuya
Superman can win if he speedblitz. I dont think he can tank a full powered scream (if they start the fight in the same place...)

quanchi112
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Superman can win if he speedblitz. I dont think he can tank a full powered scream (if they start the fight in the same place...) One whisper should sufficiently rock him to his core.

Warlord
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I also gave you the option to avoid it completly by outracing it with superspeed. *shrug

you did.
he doesn't need it though.
BB's voice is a far cry from 50 x supernova

abhilegend
Morg was a beast in that arc, fully bloodlusted and under Tyrant's control. That was a supremely high showing for Morg.

Nothing of consequence happened to Thanos with that Kree blaster. His clothes weren't even singed. Knocking him off his feet is all it did. Superman has been knocked off his feet by people far less powerful than him no? What does that prove.

See the street leveler rule.
Morg was beaten by Terrax two pages later.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_CosmicPowers05Morg_Page_29_Image_0001.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_CosmicPowers05Morg_Page_30_Image_0001.jpg

Except he was lying there eyes closed for a panel. The blast at least stunned him.

What rule? Just made up by you?

quanchi112
Do you really want to compare when Superman has been stun ko'd, abi ? Really ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.