Aquaman vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jitay
Both at the Peak of their Game
Full Brutality
Brawl
No BFR/PIS/CIS

No Telepathy

1st match
On a beach

2nd match
On Yancy Street

PC AM vs Thing

Pre Flashpoint AM vs Thing

DCNu AM vs Thing

deathslash
PC AM vs Thing: Aquaman every single time

Pre Flashpoint AM vs Thing: Thing takes this

DCNu AM vs Thing: Aquaman after a nice fight

maxivitopowe
Thing

comicfan11
Match 1

PC AM vs Thing - Thing

Pre Flashpoint AM vs Thing - Aquaman

DCNu AM vs Thing - Aquaman

Match 2

PC AM vs Thing - Aquaman

maxivitopowe
AM loses on a beach?

comicfan11
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
AM loses on a beach?

My bad I messed up the matches.
This is what I meant.

Match 2

PC AM vs Thing - Thing

Match 1

PC AM vs Thing - Aquaman

leonidas
ben beats pc and i think he beats pre-reboot, though it would be a tough fight. i'd take current am against the thing, but i don't think it would be a clean sweep.

comicfan11
Originally posted by leonidas
ben beats pc and i think he beats pre-reboot, though it would be a tough fight. i'd take current am against the thing, but i don't think it would be a clean sweep.

Preboot was still much faster than the Thing, had telepathy that affected humans as well as aliens, and had KOed people more powerful than Thing in physical combat (Olympian, Triton before he was stripped of his godhood, the Deep Six, etc).
I don't see Ben beating him.
He can take some if AQ doesn't go all out, but not for a majority.
Also the last version of Preboot Aquaman (after Blackest Night), had the Trident as standard equipment AND all his offensive telepathy feats.
And if we are going by peak of their game, then it's Waterbearer Aquaman with trident.
There's no way Ben survives that version of Aquaman.

But he can take PC Aquaman.

Bentley
Thing steamrolls.

-Pr-
1st match:

Don't know (I've barely read any PC Aquaman)
Thing
Aquaman

2nd match:

Don't know
Thing
Aquaman

Though the question must be asked: Which Pre FP Aquaman is this? Pre hook hand? Hook hand? Water hand? Or the last one before Flashpoint?

jitay
Strongest versions of each

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley
Thing steamrolls.

thumb up

Mshinu
Is Ben finally actually winning a match??

-Pr-
Originally posted by jitay
Strongest versions of each

That would be water hand Aquaman, against what, the Hammer Thing?

jitay
Worthy? I think so

-Pr-
Worthy Thing would beat Water Hand Aquaman.

Wait; is it Worthy Thing in every match?

DarkSaint85
That would be the worst matchup for Ben - doesn't the water hand cure aberrations? Whilst it might not negate SErpent's enchantments, it might cure him of his Ben-ness.

jitay
Only scaled up if deemed an unfair advantage to one character

Endless Mike
Didn't Aquaman once have herald level armor or something?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Didn't Aquaman once have herald level armor or something?

The armour/trident of Poseidon, when he went up against Imperiex.

IIRC, he was only one of a few to take on a probe directly, in solo combat, and broke it.

celeyhyga17
Aquaman

Endless Mike
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

IIRC, he was only one of a few to take on a probe directly, in solo combat, and broke it.

So does he get that here?

celeyhyga17
It's standard equipment for New52 AQ.

DarkSaint85

Not sure - I think he already has the Hand of the Waterbearer, which enabled him to do all sorts of crazy sh!t, so maybe he gets that on top as well?

Tony Stark
THING in all contests... AM is just over matched

JayDaDon
That would be the worst matchup for Ben - doesn't the water hand cure aberrations? Whilst it might not negate SErpent's enchantments, it might cure him of his Ben-ness.

But then again, Hickman's run made it so that Ben's rocky form is his natural state. His dna was actually changed. To turn him human they actually had to alter his dna to that of a human.

jitay
Is it standard equipment for any version though of am though

And if so does that mean he should fight Worthy Thing

Alias Stone
AM

Parmaniac
Did I missed something and Ben isn't a pathetic loser anymore?

deathslash

IIRC, he was only one of a few to take on a probe directly, in solo combat, and broke it. may you please show scans of this(I didn't read comics back during that whole Imperiex event).

-Pr-

True.

Yup.

Not sure - I think he already has the Hand of the Waterbearer, which enabled him to do all sorts of crazy sh!t, so maybe he gets that on top as well?

For n52 the trident is, the armour isn't.

Originally posted by Parmaniac

lol no, he still is.

New 52 Aquaman has just had the kind of push that means he should win against normal thing.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by -Pr-
True.

Yup.

For n52 the trident is, the armour isn't.

lol no, he still is.

New 52 Aquaman has just had the kind of push that means he should win against normal thing.

no

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tony Stark
no

Don't pretend you actually read Aquaman.

He'd beat current Thing.

Tony Stark
Don't pretend you actually read Aquaman.

He'd beat current Thing.

That's a little presumptuous PR... Current AM couldn't take current Namor let alone current Ben.

Batman-Prime
^Current Aquaman is solid heraldlevel

Silver_Lantern
aquaman

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by deathslash
may you please show scans of this(I didn't read comics back during that whole Imperiex event).

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/image/Aquaman_1.jpg

That's what I found from a quick Google; I could take photos of my GN if needed..

-Pr-
That's a little presumptuous PR... Current AM couldn't take current Namor let alone current Ben.

Considering that Namor > Thing, I don't see your point.

Raisen
thing loses in life. bitter and self hating.

Alias Stone

Have they fought since AvX

Batman-Prime
^I don't know how he developed but during the 90ties Thing was my fav FF char.

celeyhyga17
Current AM chucked an atomic sub from the ocean floor, through the surface of the water, and into the air. He's not at high herald levels, but he's definitely class 100.
His trident also helps against any kind of durability advantage Ben has.

DarkSaint85
When confronting armoured guys, current AM also likes to go for the eyes.....

Stoic
The Thing needs an upgrade. AM wins this. Too fast, and too strong for Ben to make this competitive.

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic) Their head to head battles show differently.

juggernaut74
Yea, Thing has almost always been a match for Namor.

carver9
Aquaman wins.

zopzop
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yea, Thing has almost always been a match for Namor.
Which says more about Failmor than it does Thing thumb down

juggernaut74
Originally posted by zopzop
Which says more about Failmor than it does Thing thumb down I agree.

Odekahn
Not sure about current AM, but anything before that Pre52 loses to Thing.

carver9

Surfer got dazed by a meteor. Thor, Superman, or Namor should work him. Don't you agree.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer got dazed by a meteor. Thor, Superman, or Namor should work him. Don't you agree.
Surfer withstood a bolt from Korvac and has flown through stars and took a Mjolnir strike at least as well as current Failbrand. Superman and Thor are in his league so it only makes sense for them to be a threat to him. Failmor would get one shotted.

carver9
Surfer withstood a bolt from Korvac and has flown through stars and took a Mjolnir strike at least as well as current Failbrand. Superman and Thor are in his league so it only makes sense for them to be a threat to him. Failmor would get one shotted.

That still doesnt take away from the fact that he almost got killed by a small meteor. You naming all of Surfer other fts doesn't take away from what happened, especially when in the same sentence you ignored everything that Namor has done and is simply clinging to one showing that had something to do with an outside source (the explosion that hit him). With that said, Superman and Thor and Namor one shots Surfer since a small meteor almost killed him.

I'm accepting one showing like you bro. thumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
That still doesnt take away from the fact that he almost got killed by a small meteor. You naming all of Surfer other fts doesn't take away from what happened, especially when in the same sentence you ignored everything that Namor has done and is simply clinging to one showing that had something to do with an outside source (the explosion that hit him). With that said, Superman and Thor and Namor one shots Surfer since a small meteor almost killed him.

I'm accepting one showing like you bro. thumb up
First you have to show proof Failmor can strike with the force of a "small" meteor. Then we'll move on from there.

comic_book_fan
the thing

-Pr-
roll eyes (sarcastic) Their head to head battles show differently.

only if you ignore everything else about their feats, sure.

abhilegend
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yea, Thing has almost always been a match for Namor. Originally posted by zopzop
Thing has been oneshotted by Namor in past.Originally posted by zopzop
Speaking of which.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848910_Sub-Mariner34c.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848911_Sub-Mariner34d.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848912_Sub-Mariner34e.jpg

Or when Avenging Son manhandled the eunuch who had to cheapshot him AGAIN.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848927_SSNamor1.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848928_SSNamor2.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848929_SSNamor3.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
If Thing and Namor are on the same level, it isn't because Thing magically moved up in power.

Just, you know...

abhilegend
The writer of that Thing/Namor fight in AvX was a woman.

Just, you know.

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
The writer of that Thing/Namor fight in AvX was a woman.

Just, you know.

Really? Sexism?

abhilegend
Yes, against Namor by that woman.

Thing isn't a man anymore.

uhuh

zopzop

Speaking of which.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848910_Sub-Mariner34c.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848911_Sub-Mariner34d.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848912_Sub-Mariner34e.jpg

Or when Avenging Son manhandled the eunuch who had to cheapshot him AGAIN.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848927_SSNamor1.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848928_SSNamor2.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16848929_SSNamor3.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic)
What do those scans prove? That Namor can harass a Surfer who is trying to talk reason with him? If Surfer put his foot down, Namor would be fried fish sticks.

Odekahn
What do those scans prove? That Namor can harass a Surfer who is trying to talk reason with him? If Surfer put his foot down, Namor would be fried fish sticks.

He's talking reason in-between talking trash, while retaliating and attacking Namor, lol.

JayDaDon
Surfer trying to reason and occasionally attacking while letting himself get hit and receive no damage? Nothing new there.

abhilegend
He totally oneshotted Namor while EXCLAIMING, didn't he?Originally posted by JayDaDon
Surfer trying to reason and occasionally attacking while letting himself get hit and receive no damage? Nothing new there.
Namor received almost no damage from a point blank blast from surfer too.

-Pr-
Yes, against Namor by that woman.

Thing isn't a man anymore.

uhuh

Eww.

Tony Stark
only if you ignore everything else about their feats, sure.

Oh... I'm sorry we were talking about feats and and not fights. Gotcha wink

FTR Ben's got the better feats even if we were. Which we're NOT.

-Pr-
Oh... I'm sorry we were talking about feats and and not fights. Gotcha wink

FTR Ben's got the better feats even if we were. Which we're NOT.

No, we take both in to account.

Ben doesn't have the feats against the top guys that Namor has.

Bouboumaster
Thing pwn the useless "hero"

Go talk to fish, Aquaman!

Tony Stark

Really...? So we're not going by actual fights between them but, by ABC? OK... I'll play. Who has Namor beaten that Ben hasn't or can't?

-Pr-
Really...? So we're not going by actual fights between them but, by ABC? OK... I'll play. Who has Namor beaten that Ben hasn't or can't?

Who said anything about ABC? We take everything in to account bar the really shitty low feats that are completely out of character.

abhilegend
Eww.
laughing out loud

Tony Stark

Ummmmmmmmmm... What does "Ben doesn't have the feats against the top guys that Namor has" mean?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bentley
It means Pr considers Hulk is no top tier.

abhilegend
Thing has never knocked out hulk or fight him evenly for half an issue.

Bentley
Originally posted by Parmaniac

You missed his entire comicbook career apparently uhuh

abhilegend
It means Pr considers Hulk is no top tier.
Hulk has always treated Thing as a joke.

Bentley
Thing has never knocked out hulk or fight him evenly for half an issue.

He has fought evenly for several panels, and some upgrades have happened since then. Not saying those upgrades are going to be much help to ko Hulk, but they make up for the few loose fights in which Namor actually does decent against Hulk.

Bentley
Nice edit Abhi ahah

Tony Stark
You missed his entire comicbook career apparently uhuh

yes

Inhuman

Namor received almost no damage from a point blank blast from surfer too.

Didn't look like surfer was trying to kill Namor with that shot. Typical Surfer casual talk fight.

Damborgson
The Thing probably.

abhilegend
He has fought evenly for several panels, and some upgrades have happened since then. Not saying those upgrades are going to be much help to ko Hulk, but they make up for the few loose fights in which Namor actually does decent against Hulk.
He always runs away from hulk. I don't want to humiliate Thing further but since you asked.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/Jonathanos/ICT.jpg

This is how Thing's fights with hulk end, he either runs away or gets knocked out.

Also its not just a few fights, Namor has fought hulk for a dozen tomes and has always held his own.Originally posted by Bentley
Nice edit Abhi ahah

I didn't edit anything.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Inhuman
Didn't look like surfer was trying to kill Namor with that shot. Typical Surfer casual talk fight.
Never said he did.

Bentley
I didn't edit anything.

I'll give you that, I actually didn't see that you did two posts in succession stick out tongue

-Pr-
Ummmmmmmmmm... What does "Ben doesn't have the feats against the top guys that Namor has" mean?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

It means that Namor has higher feats against higher people that Thing does.

Or what Bentley said.

And even if you want to go with the idea that Thing is currently above Namor, how does that put him above current, submarine tossing, cruise-ship lifting Aquaman?

Please, don't be the kind of person that posts nice Namor feats to help a bad argument.

carver9
First you have to show proof Failmor can strike with the force of a "small" meteor. Then we'll move on from there.

Stated on panel, Namor shake planets with his fist.

Bentley
The trident tips the battle in Aquaman's favor, he also has a distinctive speed advantage on water. Those are at least two elements Namor doesn't really bring to the table.

Tony Stark
It means that Namor has higher feats against higher people that Thing does.

Or what Bentley said.

And even if you want to go with the idea that Thing is currently above Namor, how does that put him above current, submarine tossing, cruise-ship lifting Aquaman?

Please, don't be the kind of person that posts nice Namor feats to help a bad argument.

You still didn't answer my question... Which characters does Namor have better fight feats against than Ben does against them?

-Pr-
You still didn't answer my question... Which characters does Namor have better fight feats against than Ben does against them?

Hulk for one. Hercules too iirc.

I'm still wondering why you think Thing will beat Aquaman, other than him being from Marvel.

Tony Stark
Hulk for one. Hercules too iirc.

I'm still wondering why you think Thing will beat Aquaman, other than him being from Marvel.

That's a NO to both of them. Juss sayn'

-Pr-
That's a NO to both of them. Juss sayn'

So you want me to answer your question, but you won't answer mine?

Tony Stark
Ben is not only a better tactical fighter; he's also stronger. Never mind the heart factor.

-Pr-
Ben is not only a better tactical fighter; he's also stronger. Never mind the heart factor.

Based on what?

And no, I would argue Aquaman is both stronger and a better fighter. Not to mention having better reflexes, being more ruthless, and more durable.

And then there's telepathy. And the trident.

Tony Stark
Based on what?

And no, I would argue Aquaman is both stronger and a better fighter. Not to mention having better reflexes, being more ruthless, and more durable.

And then there's telepathy. And the trident.

None of those things that you just stated are true; other than potential his reflexes are better. And AM's trident isn't standard issue

Bentley
Aquaman might be stronger than Thing, but its hardly a difference that matters much, they are on the same weight class. I'd say they are about the same skill class too, but Thing makes a living off fighting more powerful people than he is and hanging in there for unreasonable amounts of time.

DarkSaint85
Dcnu, the trident is standard issue, Tony Stark.

Pre flashpoint, he's got the water hand.

Can't speak for PC, so thing has a chance there....

comicfan11
None of those things that you just stated are true; other than potential his reflexes are better. And AM's trident isn't standard issue

This comment shows that you have no idea about Aquaman whatsoever.

The Trident has been standard equipment since Aquaman's resurrection in Brightest Day.

So even if you take the last time he appeared pre Flashpoint he still has his agility / speed feats on top of the Trident. or if you go pre Brightest Day he has the Water Hand which makes it even more onesided.
Thing is $crewed either way.

As for skill he has trained with the Atlantean military (to the point he was the one handpicking and training the soldiers after he became king), JLA (Batman and Hawkman on panel among others), and had training sessions as a member of the JL against other teams (like the Titans), etc etc.
Not to mention Aquaman has actual strategic feats under his belt both pre and post Flashpoint and is not a dumb brick that won't use his huge advantages in this battle.
Even if Thing is more skilled in pure h2h (highly doubtful), AQ wrecks with the Trident.

DCnU likewise also wrecks.

Thing only has his fists to use in this battle and both pre and post Flashpoint Aquaman has taken punches from characters like Wonder Woman. Ben is not putting Aquaman down via his strength.
On the other hand AQ using his speed has to connect a few times with the Trident and Ben goes down.

Simple and efficient.

Also PC and PreFlashpoint are the same Aquaman.
The Golden Age (Earth 2 Aquaman) made his last appearance around 1958 (apart from some cameos in All Star Squadron), everything after that is Earth 1 / Mainstream Aquaman.

If by PC we mean Earth 2 Aquaman, then Thing takes it.

Bentley
Thing kills Aquaman with his own trident and then thanks him for bringing it to the battle evil face

comicfan11
Thing kills Aquaman with his own trident and then thanks him for bringing it to the battle evil face

laughing laughing laughing
Even carver gave AM the win over a Marvel character.
That alone should be enough to show how out of his depth (hu hu hu) the one dimensional (powerwise) slow moving only good for punching stuff Thing is.

AQ though would be kind enough to return his remains after he massacres him.

Mshinu
AM can`t stand up to the HeartForce, he pees his pants and surrenders.

abhilegend
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/31666/2031767-aquaman_8.jpg

-Pr-

They're true imo, and yes, the trident is standard issue. If you had read Aquaman you would know this.

Tony Stark

Happy Dance

Tony Stark
Originally posted by comicfan11
laughing laughing laughing
Even carver gave AM the win over a Marvel character.
That alone should be enough to show how out of his depth (hu hu hu) the one dimensional (powerwise) slow moving only good for punching stuff Thing is.

AQ though would be kind enough to return his remains after he massacres him.

I guess that makes it so... evil face

iceman24567
AC wins

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/ggeUvbA.jpg

jitay
Is it just me or does that sound... rapey

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by jitay
Is it just me or does that sound... rapey

It's just you. Arthur is a good king, who always gets consent.

jitay
Lol

Tony Stark
It's just you. Arthur is a good king, who always gets consent.

But, they don't; AM is a catcher

-Pr-
Guys, please get back on topic...

Besides, we all know Ben is more a catcher than Aquaman will ever be. Mister rocky likes it rough... Hulk, Gladiator always "dominating" him...

jitay
Is... Is that some sort of... Code word?!?!

DarkSaint85
Guys, please get back on topic...

Besides, we all know Ben is more a catcher than Aquaman will ever be. Mister rocky likes it rough... Hulk, Gladiator always "dominating" him...

Overruled.

The point was to show how persuasive and honourable Arthur is.

As he layeth the smack down on Ben.

-Pr-
Overruled.

The point was to show how persuasive and honourable Arthur is.

As he layeth the smack down on Ben.

laughing out loud

Delta1938

Also PC and PreFlashpoint are the same Aquaman.
The Golden Age (Earth 2 Aquaman) made his last appearance around 1958 (apart from some cameos in All Star Squadron), everything after that is Earth 1 / Mainstream Aquaman.

If by PC we mean Earth 2 Aquaman, then Thing takes it.

Pre-CRISIS Silver/Bronze Ages Aquaman canon for Post-CRISI/New Earth-Pre-FLASHPOINT Aquaman?

Igniz
New 52 Aquaman reduces Thing into pebbles big grin

comicfan11
Originally posted by Delta1938
Pre-CRISIS Silver/Bronze Ages Aquaman canon for Post-CRISI/New Earth-Pre-FLASHPOINT Aquaman?

Yes.

His Golden Age appearances though have been retconed as a different character (Earth 2 Aquaman, with yellow gloves instead of green - that Aquaman was active during WW2 and fought Nazis and U-Boats)

Delta1938
Yes.

His Golden Age appearances though have been retconed as a different character (Earth 2 Aquaman, with yellow gloves instead of green - that Aquaman was active during WW2 and fought Nazis and U-Boats)

Yeah, I figured Golden Age Aquaman was like Kal-L, ect. Wasn't Aquaman's original origin something about his dad found secrets of Atlantis and AM was trained? If so, is this still the origin for Earth-2 Aquaman?

And what makes Silver/Bronze Age Aquaman appearances canon for Post-CRISIS? Genuine curiosity.

comicfan11
Yeah, I figured Golden Age Aquaman was like Kal-L, ect. Wasn't Aquaman's original origin something about his dad found secrets of Atlantis and AM was trained? If so, is this still the origin for Earth-2 Aquaman?

And what makes Silver/Bronze Age Aquaman appearances canon for Post-CRISIS? Genuine curiosity.

Your are spot on. Earth-2 Aquaman is like Kal-L.

Earth 2 Aquaman's father found some ruins of Atlantis, and then he did some scientific procedure to give Aquaman his powers. It's basically more or less the origin of Arthur Joseph Curry (the Sword of Atlantis Aquaman).

Well Aquaman's history has been kept intact up to Flashpoint.
Numerous times there have been direct references or entire plots based on his Silver Age stuff, that get resolved post Crisis.

Everyone in the Aquaman mythos has been relatively unchanged, and the changes are always mentioned in the comics.

For example Ocean Master's history is one continuous story.
In Time and Tide we see some of the modern changes but his Silver Age origin is the same as being shown in the very same story.
In Aquaman's case writers mostly added stuff they liked without changing the history, and when they changed something they made it fit with previous continuity.

Another perfect example is the Silver Age and Modern Age Lava Trolls.
In the modern age Aquaman not only recalls his first meeting with them exactly as it was, but they got the original artist (the Great Jim Apparo) to draw the flashback in the modern issue, to make sure it enhances continuity.

Delta1938
Your are spot on. Earth-2 Aquaman is like Kal-L.

Earth 2 Aquaman's father found some ruins of Atlantis, and then he did some scientific procedure to give Aquaman his powers. It's basically more or less the origin of Arthur Joseph Curry (the Sword of Atlantis Aquaman).

Well Aquaman's history has been kept intact up to Flashpoint.
Numerous times there have been direct references or entire plots based on his Silver Age stuff, that get resolved post Crisis.

Everyone in the Aquaman mythos has been relatively unchanged, and the changes are always mentioned in the comics.

For example Ocean Master's history is one continuous story.
In Time and Tide we see some of the modern changes but his Silver Age origin is the same as being shown in the very same story.
In Aquaman's case writers mostly added stuff they liked without changing the history, and when they changed something they made it fit with previous continuity.

Another perfect example is the Silver Age and Modern Age Lava Trolls.
In the modern age Aquaman not only recalls his first meeting with them exactly as it was, but they got the original artist (the Great Jim Apparo) to draw the flashback in the modern issue, to make sure it enhances continuity.

Thanks and interesting. I take it they didn't do a new Aquaman origin Post-CRISIS like with Superman and some others? Superman has stuff that references Pre-CRISIS continuity, but I guess just those examples would be canon for him. Would make sense if someone didn't have an origin reboot and several references to Pre-CRISIS that their Pre-CRISIS appearances would largely be in tact(of course some stuff wouldn't fit due to OTHER characters that were rebooted).

comicfan11
Thanks and interesting. I take it they didn't do a new Aquaman origin Post-CRISIS like with Superman and some others? Superman has stuff that references Pre-CRISIS continuity, but I guess just those examples would be canon for him. Would make sense if someone didn't have an origin reboot and several references to Pre-CRISIS that their Pre-CRISIS appearances would largely be in tact(of course some stuff wouldn't fit due to OTHER characters that were rebooted).

He had Time and Tide that was basically a 4 issue mini retelling of his earlier stuff.
They made some changes in his origin, but made it fit with all his previous stuff.
Aquaman was revealed to be a full Atlantean, but they made sure it doesn't disregard his previous stories, since he also had a surface father, but in this case he was just not his biological father.
They made it fit with all the previous stuff, while adding some some new ones.
And in both cases the timeline was preserved since Aquaman started his superhero actions at the same time more or less (after the death of his surface father).

Apart from that everything was the same.
Tempest had his story with Tula intact.
Ocean Master tried to take over Atlantis (as shown in the exactly same way in both cases).
Black Manta had his history intact, including the murder of Arthur Junior.
Mera's story where she went insane continued directly from before Crisis, as an effect of the murder.
All of Aquaman's enemies had also their stories intact and as a direct continuation from their previous appearances (like Thanatos, Fisherman, etc).

There was never a point in Aquaman's history that disqualified what came before, only some changes to fit in continuity and not change it.

Parmaniac
Somthing went wrong in this thread because it reached 7 pages

Delta1938
He had Time and Tide that was basically a 4 issue mini retelling of his earlier stuff.
They made some changes in his origin, but made it fit with all his previous stuff.
Aquaman was revealed to be a full Atlantean, but they made sure it doesn't disregard his previous stories, since he also had a surface father, but in this case he was just not his biological father.
They made it fit with all the previous stuff, while adding some some new ones.
And in both cases the timeline was preserved since Aquaman started his superhero actions at the same time more or less (after the death of his surface father).

Apart from that everything was the same.
Tempest had his story with Tula intact.
Ocean Master tried to take over Atlantis (as shown in the exactly same way in both cases).
Black Manta had his history intact, including the murder of Arthur Junior.
Mera's story where she went insane continued directly from before Crisis, as an effect of the murder.
All of Aquaman's enemies had also their stories intact and as a direct continuation from their previous appearances (like Thanatos, Fisherman, etc).

There was never a point in Aquaman's history that disqualified what came before, only some changes to fit in continuity and not change it.

So.....Aquaman never had his MAN OF STEEL.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Igniz
New 52 Aquaman reduces Thing into pebbles big grin

Ben would ROCK his world... And there'd be fish for dinner.

comicfan11
So.....Aquaman never had his MAN OF STEEL.

Nothing even close to being that drastic.
I think PAD actually went out of his way to ensure that AQ's continuity remained as unchanged as possible, despite COIE taking place. While I think Byrne's origin tried to take advantage of the opportunities the reboot offered.

Heck Time and Time came out in the 90's (many years after the reboot), with the logic being that if it was successful (as it was) it would lead to an Aquaman series.
It had nothing to do with completely rebooting the character and invalidating past history. It actually embraced and built on past continuity.

abhilegend
Bump

h1a8
This is a stomp

-Pr-
laughing out loud the ****

lawest9
Originally posted by h1a8
This is a stomp In favor of whom?

EcstaticGrace

StiltmanFTW
Ben would ROCK his world... And there'd be fish for dinner.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

EcstaticGrace
I guess if Arthur takes Ben out for some Atlantean Cuisine after he feels bad for the beat down he gives Ben

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.