Lord Vitiate vs Darth Malgus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pencilcrayon
Malgus as he fought the Jedi Strike Team.

Nephthys
Vitiate

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Sith Emperor

Nephthys
Its not even close imo. Vitiate would either mentally dominate him or overpower him with lightning right at the start of the fight. And that would be the end of the fight.

Intrepid37
Revan successfully absorbed The Emperor's lightning with his lightsaber; I don't see any proof that Revan is any better in absorbing lightning with a lightsaber than Malgus is.

Nephthys
Revan easily absorbed Nyriss' lightning with his bare hands, a hugely impressive feat of tutaminis. And that wasn't Vitiates 'pwned 5 of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy' lightning from 300 years in the future. I don't see why we should think Malgus is better at blocking lightning than 5 of the best Jedi put together.

Meanwhile the only time Malgus is shown blocking lightning was against Adraas. Where even though he was much more powerful than Adraas, he struggled to block it and it blistered his hands.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Nephthys
Revan easily absorbed Nyriss' lightning with his bare hands, a hugely impressive feat of tutaminis.
Which is his main thing, but then again, we're not talking about blocking it barehanded, we're talking about blocking it with a lightsaber.

And that wasn't Vitiates 'pwned 5 of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy' lightning from 300 years in the future. I don't see why we should think Malgus is better at blocking lightning than 5 of the best Jedi put together.
And I'm not sure why we should think Revan is better at blocking lightning than Malgus.

NewGuy01
Simply because Vitiate has different levels of lightning.

His base lightning stopped Revan in his tracks, leaving him unable to proceed.

His FLS was powerful enough that Revan didn't even try using a lightsaber to stop it.

ares834
Assuming he is at full power and not weakened like in his fight against the JK, Vitiate would win.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Which is his main thing, but then again, we're not talking about blocking it barehanded, we're talking about blocking it with a lightsaber.

I wasn't aware they were different techniques?

And I'm not sure why we should think Revan is better at blocking lightning than Malgus.

Because Revan has actually displayed a proficiency with the technique beyond what Malgus has?

Intrepid37
You might be better at smashing a ball than me with a flat baseball bat, but that doesn't suggest you're better at smashing a ball with a rounded bat.

Likewise, Revan being better at absorbing lightning with his hands than Malgus doesn't suggest he's better at absorbing lightning with his lightsaber than Malgus.

Nephthys
It does actually. I mean, you swing them the same way, its not like you're using a different technique to the swings.

Yeah it does.

Intrepid37
I never said it was different techniques, I'm pointing out the different applications of said techniques... same goes for tutaminis.

ares834
How does blocking force lightning with a lightsaber relate in anyway to force absorb?

lol

Nephthys
I don't see why someone would be uber with one application of a technique and merely mediocre with another, especially when the first one is more difficult to learn/use.

Intrepid37
No one said he had to be mediocre because he's not as good at it.

Again, you might be able to kick a football with your right leg better than I, but I can very likely kick a football just as good or better than you with my left leg.

The_Tempest
I'm going to be the renegade and go with Malgus.

After all, this

?v=mm4JEZudf0c#t=167

Is vastly more impressive than this

?v=2pwPRbwaT2A#t=177

And the latter was performed on a powerful dark side nexus, of all places! Vitiate, with all the tactical acumen of a celery stick, is going to fervently impale himself on Malgus's prodigious weapon.

The sexual innuendo was very much intentional.

http://www.themangymoose.com/graphics/mm-home-moose.jpg

http://fakeplus.com/pictures/jpg/-come-at-me-bro_20120525043936.jpg

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I'm going to be the renegade and go with Malgus.

After all, this

?v=2pwPRbwaT2A

Is vastly more impressive than this

?v=mm4JEZudf0c#t=167

And the latter was performed on a powerful dark side nexus, of all places! Vitiate, with all the tactical acumen of a celery stick, is going to fervently impale himself on Malgus's prodigious weapon.

The sexual innuendo was very much intentional.

http://www.themangymoose.com/graphics/mm-home-moose.jpg

http://fakeplus.com/pictures/jpg/-come-at-me-bro_20120525043936.jpg

True. smile

No one said he had to be mediocre because he's not as good at it.

Again, you might be able to kick a football with your right leg better than I, but I can very likely kick a football just as good or better than you with my left leg.

You're suggesting that he's uber with it barehanded, but not proficient with it with a lightsaber to the point where Malgus can be assumed to be as good as him despite a showing indicating lack-luster ability with the technique. How is that not mediocre?

Thats different since I naturally have a handicap with my left leg while the technique doesn't work like that.

The_Tempest
Shut up, got the urls wrong. uhuh

Nephthys
Hahaha.

The_Tempest
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m245tl4xkf1qak2gp.gif

Intrepid37
Your wording of it is irrelevant. It's two different applications, one in which Revan excels, the other one in which Revan hasn't done anything putting him above Malgus.

Nephthys
Other than bat away Vitiates lightning, so yeah he's still got way better feats than Malgus.

Unless you think Adraas' lightning is equal to Vitiates. erm

Intrepid37
Adraas and his fight with Malgus was before Malgus' boost at the end iirc.

Nephthys
Nope.

Intrepid37
No?

Whoops, I might be confusing Adraas and Angral.

Nephthys

Intrepid37
Who is Angral again?

Nephthys
Adraas and Malgus' commander in the Sack of Coruscant and the antagonist of Act 1 of the Jedi Knight campaign.

ares834
Thats different since I naturally have a handicap with my left leg while the technique doesn't work like that.

I'm still wondering why its the same technique as they do entirely different things. Going with Intrepid's sports metaphors it's like the difference between catching/throwing a ball and hitting one with a baseball bat.

Nephthys
My impression was that blocking lightning with a lightsaber is merely using tutaminis to absorb the bolts into the blade.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.