Deathwing vs. Ganondorf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sacred 117
My little brother was curious about this, so I'm not exactly sure of detailed specifics. All I know is the version of Ganondorf doesn't matter, CIS off, fight takes place in Hyrule. Pretty standard, really.

ArtificialGlory
DW should **** Ganondorf up quite comfortably.

Sacred 117
What can he do? And don't say "everything under his wing dies". I've heard enough arbitrary bullshit like that in other discussions.

The Scenario
Heck if I know who Deathwing is.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by The Scenario
Heck if I know who Deathwing is.

Deathwing, the dragon from Warcraft, you know?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Sacred 117
What can he do? And don't say "everything under his wing dies". I've heard enough arbitrary bullshit like that in other discussions.

Well, like most powerful Warcraft characters, he can do a lot and has a fairly versatile power set. Leaving destruction beneath him by merely flying over stuff is just one of his abilities.

Deathwing is also a high-level magic user(which, again, involves a lot of stuff), possesses extremely powerful Chthonic powers, insane durability and magic resistance. He's city-level at his most casual.

ScreamPaste
I can't actually remember much from Deathwing that didn't require specific circumstance and shit. mmm

NemeBro
Deathwing destroys Ganondorf, lol.

ScreamPaste
Maybe, but I still can't remember much. He used to show up a lot in VGVS and shit, but it's been a long ass time and I can't remember what would give him the win. shrug

NemeBro
Wq4Y7ztznKc

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NemeBro
Wq4Y7ztznKc

I've seen this already, and it's not much help, as it's not (IMO) a clear definition of his capabilities.

NemeBro
I've seen this already, and it's not much help, as it's not (IMO) a clear definition of his capabilities. lol

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NemeBro
lol

That doesn't answer my questions.

Clarification is need to draw a conclusion.

NemeBro
lol

ArtificialGlory
That doesn't answer my questions.

Clarification is need to draw a conclusion.

Deathwing will crush Ganon in his talons like an egg. I hope that's enough clarification.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Deathwing will crush Ganon in his talons like an egg. I hope that's enough clarification.

No.

ArtificialGlory
No.

Why not?

The Scenario
Because Ganondorf can recover from physical attacks like that? Or turn intangible and stuff.

Alright, so I still don't know too much about Deathwing, so I'll be basing my thoughts on that trailer. Forgive me, I know not of what I speak.

Deathwing caused a flood. Ganondorf survived the gods flooding the world. The fire is iffy, since it's better than what Valoo has, but it still warrants mention that Ganondorf took a blast of dragon's fire to the face unscathed. Deathwing doesn't really do much else in the trailer, so I don't see him winning yet. Would need to know more about his magic, as just that physical stuff isn't going to do it.

Also, someone should explain to me why Deathwing having pikes and hot metal driven into his flesh by those rams is "agony" and why it indicates good durability. Where I stand it's not an impressive showing, as Ganondorf is easily strong enough pierce him in that case.

ScreamPaste
If my memory serves, the hot metal is actually Deathwing's armour, which is made of (nonmarvel) adamantium and is keeping him alive, because this thing http://www.wowwiki.com/Demon_Soul is killing him.

NemeBro
In that video, Deathwing was causing calamity throughout an entire continent.

And you people think this thread is arguable, haha.

ScreamPaste
Deathwing is the Earth Aspect. no expression Not only is Ganondorf not made of rocks he can fly.

NemeBro
So what do you think Ganondorf's response would be to a mountain range being dropped on him?

ScreamPaste
Because Deathwing makes mountains fall out of the sky? haermm And probably teleporting out from under it.

ArtificialGlory
Because Ganondorf can recover from physical attacks like that? Or turn intangible and stuff.

Alright, so I still don't know too much about Deathwing, so I'll be basing my thoughts on that trailer. Forgive me, I know not of what I speak.

Deathwing caused a flood. Ganondorf survived the gods flooding the world. The fire is iffy, since it's better than what Valoo has, but it still warrants mention that Ganondorf took a blast of dragon's fire to the face unscathed. Deathwing doesn't really do much else in the trailer, so I don't see him winning yet. Would need to know more about his magic, as just that physical stuff isn't going to do it.

Also, someone should explain to me why Deathwing having pikes and hot metal driven into his flesh by those rams is "agony" and why it indicates good durability. Where I stand it's not an impressive showing, as Ganondorf is easily strong enough pierce him in that case.

True, Ganon can reform, but it will still hurt like hell and I don't believe he can keep reforming indefinitely. Turning intangible is unlikely to help as intangibility is usually useless against powerful Warcraft beings. Ganondorf's best bet is to just teleport away, but even that might get shut down by Deathwing's considerable sorcerous abilities.

Yes, DW caused a flood, but a flood should be the least of Ganon's worries. I really hope the gods of Hyrule did not expect a flood, even a worldwide one, would kill Ganon. It's obvious that a guy like him will not be put down by a lot of water. About the fire, DW's breath is to "ordinary" dragonfire what dragonfire is to a flamethrower.

What you see in the trailer is just DW screwing around and being a bit of a douche. When he emerged from Deepholm, he caused a worldwide catastrophe with floods, volcanoes, huge gorges opening up in the earth and all that jazz. He would have eventually destroyed the whole world, too. He just needed some preparation, but was stopped.

The agony isn't really about being strapped with Adamantium, it's the fact that his body is in constant torment from the corruption of the Old Gods, having been at both ends of the Demon Soul, taking a nasty magical beating at the Well of Eternity, and his own madness. His body is kind of falling apart and it is indeed a weakness. Even still, his durability is immense and beyond anything Ganon can do to him.

ScreamPaste
Elaborate on this.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Elaborate on this.

Like being able to take a beating from the other 4 Dragon Aspects and survive, being blasted by the Demon Soul so hard he was sent flying for hundreds(if not thousands) of miles, withstood the magical protections cast around the Well of Eternity(some of them were placed by Archimonde and possibly by the Old Gods). That's from the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

TrevorPhillipss
It might be a stalemate. They need the Dragon Soul to kill Deathwing and the Master Sword to kill Ganon. Lets throw Alduin in here since you need Dragonrend to kill him.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by TrevorPhillipss
It might be a stalemate. They need the Dragon Soul to kill Deathwing and the Master Sword to kill Ganon. Lets throw Alduin in here since you need Dragonrend to kill him.

You don't 'need' the Soul to kill Deathwing, just like you don't need the MS or Dragonrend to hurt/kill Ganon and Alduin. It's a no-limits phallucy.

ScreamPaste
Fallacy*. Indeed, though.

However, those sorts of things do help establish the limits on the people they put down.

ArtificialGlory
Fallacy*. Indeed, though.

However, those sorts of things do help establish the limits on the people they put down.

I meant to say phallusy.

ScreamPaste
You still spelt it wrong. You used a C the first time.

awesome

ArtificialGlory
You still spelt it wrong. You used a C the first time.

awesome

Yeah sad The shame, the shame, oh the shame.

Cyner
Ganon banishes him to the gap between dimensions and then soul steals him. GG.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Cyner
Ganon banishes him to the gap between dimensions and then soul steals him. GG.

Ganon has a better chance of headbutting DW to death than doing that.

The Scenario
True, Ganon can reform, but it will still hurt like hell and I don't believe he can keep reforming indefinitely. Turning intangible is unlikely to help as intangibility is usually useless against powerful Warcraft beings. Ganondorf's best bet is to just teleport away, but even that might get shut down by Deathwing's considerable sorcerous abilities.

Okay, guess I can accept that. Deathwing's apparently a powerful magic user, but it seems vaguely defined.

True, which is why the gods also included a Master Sword seal and a country wide Time Stop effect along with the flood. Admittedly, it took Ganondorf some time to escape that one. Still, physical effects shouldn't be the go to. Anything the fire has done in particular?

Gotcha.

Based on the description of his durability, it seems like Warcraft is pretty relative in its power levels. Deathwing is more impressive for the big names he's gone up against, and so on? Though he does seem to have good collateral damage feats.

ArtificialGlory
Okay, guess I can accept that. Deathwing's apparently a powerful magic user, but it seems vaguely defined.

True, which is why the gods also included a Master Sword seal and a country wide Time Stop effect along with the flood. Admittedly, it took Ganondorf some time to escape that one. Still, physical effects shouldn't be the go to. Anything the fire has done in particular?

Gotcha.

Based on the description of his durability, it seems like Warcraft is pretty relative in its power levels. Deathwing is more impressive for the big names he's gone up against, and so on? Though he does seem to have good collateral damage feats.

Yea, his magical abilities are indeed mostly vague. He's quite adept at it, that much we know.

For one, his breath managed to inflict pretty severe damage to Alexstrasza. She can take 'regular' dragonbreath like nothing and that can vaporize steel.

Well, kind of, I suppose. But those names are big not without a reason. Warcraft is a pretty powerful universe. Of course, it's not always consistent, but what is?

Utrigita
Yea, his magical abilities are indeed mostly vague. He's quite adept at it, that much we know.

For one, his breath managed to inflict pretty severe damage to Alexstrasza. She can take 'regular' dragonbreath like nothing and that can vaporize steel.

Well, kind of, I suppose. But those names are big not without a reason. Warcraft is a pretty powerful universe. Of course, it's not always consistent, but what is?

Well lets put it like this, Krasus a dragon that is archmage of the kirin tor, is said to be 1000 times less powerful then, Alexstrasza. So Deathwing being on her level or above is quite the mage.

ArtificialGlory
Alright then, Sacred 117, is this enough convincing?

ScreamPaste
I am not yet convinced. uhuh I don't think enough information has been exchanged for a call to be made one way or the other with much seriousness.

Deathwing can rearrange land masses and is the Earth Aspect, this doesn't translate to rearranging Ganon's face and is not really the power he'll be bringing to bear on Ganon who is not a land mass. Physically I'm not sure he's Ganon's match but meh.

Ganon's got his own super badass large scale feats to be pointed out as counterpoints to the cataclysm such as halting the flow of night and day or covering the entire great sea in a powerful storm, both with his power sealed away, and he frequently takes beatings from a sword that can cut continents (small ones, probably) out of the earth in single swings, in the hands of a character with varying levels of '**** you' strength. Two notably, OoT and TP Link.

http://zelda.com/universe/pedia/g.jsp

OoT Link gets the golden gauntlets. Golden gauntlets can move mountains. TP Link is likely the stronger of the two. shrug Ganon himself is a match for them in strength, proving stronger than OoT Link by disarming him, and forcing TP Link to use clear effort in their sword lock while weakened from a four round beat down.

Physically he may very well dominate Deathwing. Magically who knows. It could even end up a stalemate with neither able to destroy or KO the other.

Sacred 117
Alright then, Sacred 117, is this enough convincing?

It's a start, but I still can't say. I have no working WoW knowledge, so the people you compared Deathwing to currently mean nothing to me. We may need a clearer definition of those people/entities. I know what to compare Ganondorf, so I have a better idea of his limits and capabilities. I guess I may just have to play WoW at some point, but it doesn't seem likely right now. I can only work with what I'm given. Besides, I'm not the only one you need to convince.

ArtificialGlory
I am not yet convinced. uhuh I don't think enough information has been exchanged for a call to be made one way or the other with much seriousness.

Deathwing can rearrange land masses and is the Earth Aspect, this doesn't translate to rearranging Ganon's face and is not really the power he'll be bringing to bear on Ganon who is not a land mass. Physically I'm not sure he's Ganon's match but meh.

Ganon's got his own super badass large scale feats to be pointed out as counterpoints to the cataclysm such as halting the flow of night and day or covering the entire great sea in a powerful storm, both with his power sealed away, and he frequently takes beatings from a sword that can cut continents (small ones, probably) out of the earth in single swings, in the hands of a character with varying levels of '**** you' strength. Two notably, OoT and TP Link.

http://zelda.com/universe/pedia/g.jsp

OoT Link gets the golden gauntlets. Golden gauntlets can move mountains. TP Link is likely the stronger of the two. shrug Ganon himself is a match for them in strength, proving stronger than OoT Link by disarming him, and forcing TP Link to use clear effort in their sword lock while weakened from a four round beat down.

Physically he may very well dominate Deathwing. Magically who knows. It could even end up a stalemate with neither able to destroy or KO the other.

While it's true that it's DW being the Earth Aspect that allows him to cause such destruction, it can also be used in combat. Such as causing a volcano to erupt beneath someone's feet. I don't think we've ever been given, or maybe I missed it, the precise extent of DW's sheer physical strength, but it's ought to be pretty massive. Through size alone, DW is class 100+, but it's likely much higher as he can smash through rock like nothing, not to mention strength can be increased via magic.

I do find the fact that Ganon "turned off" the Sun kinda baffling. Obviously he couldn't have literally stopped the fusion inside a star or celestial bodies from moving, it must have been some sort of an illusion or trickery. Is the sea feat from Wind Waker? Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly, but the sea that was covered in the storm was either quite tiny or not the whole of the sea was covered. Either way, this isn't really on Deathwing's level.

So how small does a continent have to be to be cut out with a sword or is the sword just humongous? Am I missing something obvious?

The whole "gives a man strength to move mountains" is such a common hyperbole pretty much everywhere. The best feat, I believe, is Link tossing a big-ass slab of rock using the Gauntlets. Deathwing could probably catch that in his jaws.

Ganon can't really hurt DW in any real way, magically or physically. Perhaps DW won't be able to get rid of Ganon either, but DW did once use a spell that deletes things from existence.

ScreamPaste
Deathwing is big, and strong, but I'd need some clearer indication of his physical power. shrug

How Ganondorf caused eternal night with his power sealed away isn't expanded on, but the storm he conjured covered the entire great sea, which at the time was all of the known world, lol. It's on just as large a scale and Ganondorf did it without the bulk of his power, and it's not tied to a specific trait such as being, say, the sky aspect. stick out tongue Though I don't think storm conjuring will be of any use against Deathwing.

And large enough to support the human population of the Earth at the time.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/godsword_zps333af9a7.png~original

The Master Sword cut Skyloft out of the Earth's surface and raised it above the cloud seal. This is far from the most ridiculous thing the sword has done.

Also, dismiss the quote as you like but even lower tier Links have hinted at strength approaching what's stated there. SS Link for example physically beat down Ghirahim and duelled Demise in one on one combat. Ghirahim can shatter barriers that hold back millions of tons of water with his physical strength and Demise, while in the form of the Imprisoned and summarily weakened shook an entire valley to the extent Groose wondered if the ground was not truly solid.

ArtificialGlory
Deathwing is big, and strong, but I'd need some clearer indication of his physical power. shrug

How Ganondorf caused eternal night with his power sealed away isn't expanded on, but the storm he conjured covered the entire great sea, which at the time was all of the known world, lol. It's on just as large a scale and Ganondorf did it without the bulk of his power, and it's not tied to a specific trait such as being, say, the sky aspect. stick out tongue Though I don't think storm conjuring will be of any use against Deathwing.

And large enough to support the human population of the Earth at the time.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/godsword_zps333af9a7.png~original

The Master Sword cut Skyloft out of the Earth's surface and raised it above the cloud seal. This is far from the most ridiculous thing the sword has done.

Also, dismiss the quote as you like but even lower tier Links have hinted at strength approaching what's stated there. SS Link for example physically beat down Ghirahim and duelled Demise in one on one combat. Ghirahim can shatter barriers that hold back millions of tons of water with his physical strength and Demise, while in the form of the Imprisoned and summarily weakened shook an entire valley to the extent Groose wondered if the ground was not truly solid.

We just don't know his exact physical strength, but it's massive. The rock toss that Link performed does not compare.

I just looked up some videos and the storm is definitely not covering the entire world as there are areas that are nice and pleasant without a drop of rain in sight. The storm itself is nothing out of the ordinary(except that it supposedly covers a massive area), as well. I don't think it would be useful against, well, pretty much anyone.

Earth or Hyrule? How many people even live on Hyrule?

So how big is Skyloft? How many people live there?

I don't know if destroying a barrier that holds back a crapton of water is such a good feat. Deathwing destroyed a dam that holds back a ton of water just by flying over it. Water is very, very, very easy to hold back. Even vast quantities of it.

Hmm. I'd like to see that valley. Again, DW can shake a valley with a fart and that's not even because he's the Earth Aspect.

Sacred 117
There's a LoZ manga?

The Scenario
It's in Hyrule Historia.

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Imprisonedvalleyshake3_zps06f2cf19.gif

ares834
There are some. Yeah. Don't think any of them are canon though.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ares834
There are some. Yeah. Don't think any of them are canon though. The ones outside of HH are not, they're just licensed merch, IIRC. mmm The one for HH was made for HH IIRC though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.