Luke Skywalker vs Darth Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Luke is amongst himself, most of NJO is out doing missions on other parts of the Galaxy, he decides to take a walk out into into the vast forests of Yavin IV alone.
While there, he feels a strange power and off into the distance he thinks he see's a red lightsaber. Immediately thinking it's a Dark Sider, he goes to investigate, the man has two lightsaber's but has put his lightsaber's back into his belt and has his back turned toward Luke. He is wearing a strange spikey armor and a cape. "Who are you, and what are you doing here?" Luke said as he drew his light saber. The man turns around, igniting his two red lightsabers. "I... am Dark Side incarnate." Luke see's this man as a threat and lunges towards him. Who wins?

Q99
Luke's the strongest force user there is. Krayt can put up a fight but he'll run out of steam.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Q99
Luke's the strongest force user there is.

That would be The Father.

NewGuy01
Really? I thought it was rather heavily implied that his children surpassed him. And wasn't Abeloth too dangerous for him as well?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Really? I thought it was rather heavily implied that his children surpassed him. And wasn't Abeloth too dangerous for him as well?

Leland Chee confirmed via his twitter account that The Father is the strongest Force user. The only one more powerful would be Anakin, his successor.

NewGuy01
Interesting.

The_Tempest
More interesting than this:

http://i52.tinypic.com/15zmed0.jpg

Allankles
Luke is actually weaker than Anakin, but tapped into more of his potential since he didn't have the guilt or hatred of misplaced ambitions weighing him down.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
depends. NJO Luke>>RotS Anakin.

Jmanghan
Yeah, I agree, but in Saber's? I believe he can fight on par in Saber's with Maybe even Luke though it's unlikely, Lucky shots are possible, or Krayt could overpower Luke to the best of his ability like Malgus did with Kao Cen Darach. It was obvious Kao was the superior fighter but once Malgus got two lightsaber's it was over for Kao, and Satele Shan would've DIED at that Alderaan battle if it wasn't for the Soldier who saved her, there is a possibility that Darth Krayt could do the same to Luke, although we do gotta remember, this is Luke Skywalker, someone utterly superior to Both Satele Shan and Kao Cen Darach.

Jmanghan
Why has no one revived this fight, I made a point DX

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Leland Chee confirmed via his twitter account that The Father is the strongest Force user. The only one more powerful would be Anakin, his successor.

Even though Abeloth is like a dozen times stronger than Luke? Or did Chee not bother to read any EU and make a sweeping generalization again?

Q99
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Why has no one revived this fight, I made a point DX

I think because people are fairly settled on the outcome.

On your point, even if Krayt can match Luke in saber skill, Luke's power in the force is high enough that being overwhelmed is quite unlikely, leaving it to lucky shots, and, well, luck tends to favor lightsiders. Plus Luke has more endurance.

There's always some risk when taking on a high level foe, but Skywalker's a complete package, good in sabers and force, there's not a particular weakpoint to hammer him in.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Even though Abeloth is like a dozen times stronger than Luke? Or did Chee not bother to read any EU and make a sweeping generalization again?

The Killik legend as shown in Apocalypse depicts Abeloth fleeing from The Father.

The Anchorites of Mortis are the closest things the saga has to legitimate Force gods. Abeloth, for all her vast power, is merely an eldritch abomination on steroids.

Nephthys
I still choose to interpret that line as Abeloth being 12 times physically stronger, since its referring to why Luke is unable to physically resist her.

pencilcrayon
Originally posted by Nephthys
I still choose to interpret that line as Abeloth being 12 times physically stronger, since its referring to why Luke is unable to physically resist her.

Luke's TK was 12 times weaker than Abeloth's.

Nephthys
That could be interpreted as him pushing back with the Force and trying to throw her off. uhuh

Either way, its from Lukes perspective so he could just be full o' shit.

Q99
We do know Luke + Krayt >= Abeloth.

pencilcrayon
Originally posted by Q99
We do know Luke + Krayt >= Abeloth. Multiple avatars dying weakened her. Krayt was a dark sider who used drain to weaken her slowly. In Vortex, Luke had to amp himself off of the "entire jedi order," emitting light from his body to beat her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.