Bane vs Spock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Scenario 1

-Win by death or knockout

-Bloodlust on

-No prep

-Movie Spock

-Movie Bane

Scenario 2

Same as before except its Spock from Star Trek The Original Series.

DTM
Id say Spock would probably win, but I think Bane is good enough to make him work for it.

Darth Martin
Destroying Wayne is alot more impressive a feat than destroying Kirk. Spock's only chance is to get the Vulcan Nerve Pinch technique. I don't really give Spock points for his fight with Khan because he discharged a phaser on him countless times.

Bane "no-sold" hay-makers from Batman. From what we've seen, Bane is physically stronger, has superior reflexes, and has an insane amount of damage soak.

Fighting skill is about even. Bane should be higher but based on feats they're both lacking here.

KingD19
As realistic as the Nolan-verse is, I doubt Bane is 3x a human. He's stronger than Batman sure, but not stronger than Spock.

Lestov16
What strength feats does reboot-Spock have? And can the nerve pinch work on somebody who feels no pain?

playa1258
Spock best feats in the NU are his fight against Khan. Everyone else got destroyed easily humans, klingons. Spock put up a decent fight.

Galan007
Originally posted by KingD19
As realistic as the Nolan-verse is, I doubt Bane is 3x a human. He's stronger than Batman sure, but not stronger than Spock. Bane shreds through solid concrete pillars without skipping a beat:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/92648/2965667-0185816933-iH1z4.gif

focus4chumps
i just cant see spock beating bane. then again perhaps im guilty of comic book/cartoon canon bias.

also, im pretty sure that pillar was not supposed to have been made of concrete.

Galan007
What would you call all the rubble falling out of the hole(s) he made, then?

BruceSkywalker
Spock loses....

Lestov16
Originally posted by playa1258
Spock best feats in the NU are his fight against Khan. Everyone else got destroyed easily humans, klingons. Spock put up a decent fight.

IDK if that's as good as Bane. Bane is immune to pain (and thus possibly the nerve pinch), is strong enough to life Batman off the ground by the neck with one hand and later punch through concrete, and was only defeated when Batman used an armored glove. I'm leaning towards Bane here.

DTM
I dont think Id say Banes high resistance to pain (not immunity mind you) would help him resist the Vulcan nerve pinch. NU Spock was one heck of a fighter, who lasted longer against Khan than a gathering of Klingons. Id totally support Bane pushing Spock to his limits, but in the end I think the Spock takes it (but this match is so close, Id be fine with Bane winning as well). smile

KingD19
How would Banes ability to ignore pain due to his mask make him immune to the nerve pinch?

FrothByte
I'd love to say Bane... and yet I just find his performance in TDKR lacking. Beating Khan is still a better feat (even with the stun guns) than beating an old-man batman.

Dr Will Hatch
Bane: I will show you where I've made my home, while preparing to bring justice to this galaxy...then I will break you,

*Carries Spock's exhausted body to the teleporter, and leaves the Enterprise only to reappear on a much larger League Of Shadows starship, and forces Spock to watch his own ships destruction.*

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lestov16
IDK if that's as good as Bane. Bane is immune to pain (and thus possibly the nerve pinch), i
The nerve pinch isn't a pressure point, it's basically a snooze button for a humanoid nervous system.

I don't think there's any reason to think Bane would be immune. Even if he was, Spock is probably stronger and definitely faster than him.

jinXed by JaNx
Bane would destroy Spock

quanchi112
Spock rapes.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Galan007
What would you call all the rubble falling out of the hole(s) he made, then?

reinforced concrete columns dont have an outer shell like that. a true classical column would be made of marble. obviously its neither.

if they truly did want to express that it was concrete and not some contemporary faux/plaster deal, they did a laughable job.

Galan007
So again: what would you call the mass-amounts of rubble falling out of the hole(s) he made in the pillar, if not concrete..?

Robtard
So again: what would you call the mass-amounts of rubble falling out of the hole(s) he made in the pillar, if not concrete..? Mostly plaster. The load bearing concrete and steel is inside, the outside is softer materials put there for aesthetic purposes.

Despite that, Bane's still very strong.

Galan007
That doesn't look like plaster to me, tbh.

Could be, though. Don't really care either way.

TheGodKiller
Bane shreds through solid concrete pillars without skipping a beat:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/92648/2965667-0185816933-iH1z4.gif
Most elite level RL martial artists can do that(shattering solid concrete), and it only takes 687 lbs to do so to a 1.5 inch thick piece of concrete.

When Bane hit that pillar, he didn't appear to shatter more than one inch of the concrete layer on that pillar. That feat is hardly anything to try and compare to holding your own against a near-superhuman(whose abilities are on par with a Captain America level supersoldier) along with having the superior Vulcan MA/combat training.

Robtard
That doesn't look like plaster to me, tbh.

Maybe plaster is the wrong word, it's this spray on shit and it's somewhat brittle, you could easily punch holes in it with a small hammer.

It's impressive that he broke it without losing stride, but it's not the same as if he punched a solid pillar of concrete and smashed it.

TheGodKiller
Oh, and Spock wins 10/10.

Galan007
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Most elite level RL martial artists can do that(shattering solid concrete), and it only takes 687 lbs to do so to a 1.5 inch thick piece of concrete.

When Bane hit that pillar, he didn't appear to shatter more than one inch of the concrete layer on that pillar. That feat is hardly anything to try and compare to holding your own against a near-superhuman(whose abilities are on par with a Captain America level supersoldier) along with having the superior Vulcan MA/combat training. Thanks for spewing a bunch of crap I don't care about. thumb up

I never said anything in regard to who wins this match. Just that in addition to Bane's other feats, he also beat the crap out of said pillar.

Galan007
Originally posted by Robtard
Maybe plaster is the wrong word, it's this spray on shit and it's somewhat brittle, you could easily punch holes in it with a small hammer.

It's impressive that he broke it without losing stride, but it's not the same as if he punched a solid pillar of concrete and smashed it. Nah, spray-on stuff isn't usually that thick, and usually internal framework(ie. chickenwire) is visible if a hole is poked through it.

Really, the only way to know for sure what the pillar was made out of is if we know whether or not it was load-bearing.

TheGodKiller
Thanks for spewing a bunch of crap I don't care about. thumb up

I never said anything in regard to who wins this match. Just that in addition to Bane's other feats, he also beat the crap out of said pillar.
Of course you would, considering that it directly disproves your implications that Bane's strength is on par with someone like Spock. Or that shattering concrete is even remotely impressive when talking about quasi-superhumans like Spock.

That's because you secretly know that Bane is no match for Spock, but want to deny your hidden feelings for Nu-Trek. Come out of the closet, my friend. Or I may have to summon The Quan.

Robtard
Nah, spray-on stuff isn't usually that thick, and usually internal framework(ie. chickenwire) is visible if a hole is poked through it.

Really, the only way to know for sure what the pillar was made out of is if we know whether or not it was load-bearing.

The outer layer isn't thick at all, you can see it clearly on the cracked parts. The wire mess isn't always used.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9257/ddeg.png

Considering we can see some hollowness inside, it's not load bearing. That or it's like I previously said, loading bearing and solid in the center with an aesthetic exterior and that's what bane punched through, the much softer exterior.

Mindship
So, a decorative pillar? Otherwise, isn't the purpose of a pillar to bear weight?

It's been a while since I saw the flick: was there something in the fight scene to suggest this was a non-load-bearing pillar (other than its exposed interior)? For myself, I see a pillar, I think it's holding up something heavy.

I have a feeling the movie people were just looking to make Bane look strong without him looking too superhuman, so they played a bit with pillar structure.

Tzeentch._
Many pillars, especially in the type of fancy buildings you see in a downtown environment, tend to have a mostly hollow, decorative outter-shell around the workhorse center of the pillar. Case in point, at the building I used to work at one would think that the pillars outside the lobby

http://www.ellisonbronze.com/index.php?q=sites/default/files/imagecache/gallery_full/projects/650_California_Street01_mid.jpg

would be solid through and through. But when they renovated the lobby and demo'd the pillars, it turns out that the outter surface is actually a shell of concrete about two or three inches thick, with the inner "guts" of the pillar, the actual concrete/steel beam that supports the building, being a few inches behind the outter shell.

That said, shattering the outer layer of that pillar with a casual swing was still an impressive strength feat for Bane.

Mindship
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Many pillars, especially in the type of fancy buildings you see in a downtown environment, tend to have a mostly hollow, decorative outter-shell around the workhorse center of the pillar. Case in point, at the building I used to work at one would think that the pillars outside the lobby

http://www.ellisonbronze.com/index.php?q=sites/default/files/imagecache/gallery_full/projects/650_California_Street01_mid.jpg

would be solid through and through. But when they renovated the lobby and demo'd the pillars, it turns out that the outter surface is actually a shell of concrete about two or three inches thick, with the inner "guts" of the pillar, the actual concrete/steel beam that supports the building, being a few inches behind the outter shell.

That said, shattering the outer layer of that pillar with a casual swing was still an impressive strength feat for Bane. Cool. Thanks.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by FrothByte
Beating Khan is still a better feat (even with the stun guns) than beating an old-man batman. http://media0.giphy.com/media/GgSlRWjU3NjSU/giphy.gif

He didn't just beat Batman. He destroyed him. Paralyzed him. Humiliated him. The stealth tactics didn't work, he literally punctured Batman's cowl with his bare fists, and tossed him around like a rag doll from a bottom position. Not buying all this "old Batman" shit. He was still making trained, armed thugs look like cannon fodder.

Khan, obviously, isn't human but Spock fired a phaser at him countless times. How is that more impressive than Bane first showing?

dadudemon
Bane shreds through solid concrete pillars without skipping a beat:

Dude, those stuntmen are pretty badass. His head gets punched pretty hard and flings back from the impact. A+ to the stuntmen in that scene.

Galan007
The outer layer isn't thick at all, you can see it clearly on the cracked parts. The wire mess isn't always used.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9257/ddeg.png

Considering we can see some hollowness inside, it's not load bearing. That or it's like I previously said, loading bearing and solid in the center with an aesthetic exterior and that's what bane punched through, the much softer exterior. Wire mesh is almost always used. The stucco-esque crap must have something to 'cling' to-- flat surfaces aren't sufficient. Furthermore, a piece of the material beginning to sluff off after Bane hits it doesn't exactly prove your point, imo. After all, Bane clearly punched much further into the pillar then that piece is thick.

Personally, I believe Nolan used that sequence to showcase how effing hard Bane hits. I doubt very highly that he would have placed a very specific close-up scene in his film in which Bane goes ape-shit on a pillar, if any random guy could walk up to that same pillar and punch holes in it. none

Originally posted by dadudemon
Dude, those stuntmen are pretty badass. His head gets punched pretty hard and flings back from the impact. A+ to the stuntmen in that scene. Christ, I just noticed that.

That is very impressive on the stuntman's part. thumb up

focus4chumps
if a pillar is made of solid reenforced concrete it will likely not have a plaster/stucco/whatever cover on it. there would be no reason and in fact would needlessly cheapen its surface appearance and feel as well as add to the cost of construction. facades/coverings/whetever are meant to cover up less aesthetically pleasing materials. it would be the equivalent of making a 24K gold ring coated with copper.

Galan007
Not necessarily. A lot of times the 'look' the building owners are going for is achieved by applying plaster-esque materials to the concrete-- this enables them to give the concrete whatever form they want, and/or give it an extremely smooth finish, and/or paint it.

focus4chumps
they dont have to paint concrete since its easy and inexpensive to add pigments to it.

it can be easily sculpted and smoothed & textured.

these things you describe could certainly be done as well, but again it makes no sense to do it since it add to cost while cheapening appearance.

im willing to accept that the pillars were intended to be concrete but the set design crew ****ed it up.

here's a google-result company site that makes concrete pillars:
http://www.aristonedesigns.com/material.html

finishes:
http://www.aristonedesigns.com/material.html#Colors

colors:
http://www.aristonedesigns.com/material.html#Colors

Sadako of Girth
The solid cement pillar theory is looking interesting but nothing concre...

...no....I just can't bring myself to complete that pun.

Robtard
Wire mesh is almost always used. The stucco-esque crap must have something to 'cling' to-- flat surfaces aren't sufficient. Furthermore, a piece of the material beginning to sluff off after Bane hits it doesn't exactly prove your point, imo. After all, Bane clearly punched much further into the pillar then that piece is thick.

Personally, I believe Nolan used that sequence to showcase how effing hard Bane hits. I doubt very highly that he would have placed a very specific close-up scene in his film in which Bane goes ape-shit on a pillar, if any random guy could walk up to that same pillar and punch holes in it. none

What we're looking at is a model designed to break, and no, the wire mesh isn't always used, there's other materials like fiber-sheet that are used since it's cheaper and more easily handled/molded.

So indeed what we're arguing is what the director is trying to convey. Bane punching through a solid concrete pillar or Bane punching through the aesthetic facade of a pillar. I personally choose to believe the later from the crumbly and hollow look. Still makes Bane incredibly strong, but not super-human like Captain America or the like. I don't think it was ever Nolan's intention to introduce true super-humans in this universe.

Galan007
Originally posted by focus4chumps
im willing to accept that the pillars were intended to be concrete but the set design crew ****ed it up. I agree.

So indeed what we're arguing is what the director is trying to convey. Bane punching through a solid concrete pillar or Bane punching through the aesthetic facade of a pillar. I personally choose to believe the later from the crumbly and hollow look. Still makes Bane incredibly strong, but not super-human like Captain America or the like. I don't think it was ever Nolan's intention to introduce true super-humans in this universe. I disagree. Punching through a thin layer of plaster-esque material does not make Bane look strong in the slightest, considering a pre-pubescent 12y/o girl on radiation therapy could likely do the same thing. I believe Nolan's intent was clear: to show the audience how fudging hard Bane can strike, via a close-up solo scene in which he punches holes in a concrete pillar after Batman had already moved. As f4c speculated: I'd honestly chalk the slab we see sluffing off in the film, solely to the set designers f*cking up.

Nolan clearly wanted the audience to see Bane punching holes in the pillar, in order to depict/convey his strength on screen. He isn't going to momentarily shift the entire focus of the film exclusively to Bane striking said pillar, if any random feeb could walk up to that same pillar and shred through it. The scene was specifically placed, because it has a specific purpose. IMO.

FrothByte

Nolan clearly wanted the audience to see Bane punching holes in the pillar, in order to depict/convey his strength on screen. He isn't going to momentarily shift the entire focus of the film exclusively to Bane striking said pillar, if any random feeb could walk up to that same pillar and shred through it. The scene was specifically placed, because it has a specific purpose. IMO.

I don't know man. It's pretty hard to think that "Wow that guy punched through concrete" when the material he punched through doesn't look like concrete. Now if he had punched that "concrete" pillar and cracks started to form, that would have been more believable.

Galan007
I understand what you're saying. However, what is the point of specifically including a scene/feat in his film that most RW teenagers can replicate?

See what I mean? It'd make no sense to shift the focus of the film onto Bane, if punching through plaster was Nolan's intent.

BruceSkywalker
so now peeps are crying about props that an actor or stuntman punched.. loloilolololololololololololololololololololololol
olol

FrothByte
I understand what you're saying. However, what is the point of specifically including a scene/feat in his film that most RW teenagers can replicate?

See what I mean? It'd make no sense to shift the focus of the film onto Bane, if punching through plaster was Nolan's intent.

I'm not complaining about props. Because that would be stupid. I just don't think that pillar was meant to be fully concrete (regardless of what it was actually made of). I think that scene was supposed to show Bane's punching power, but showed it by him punching a pillar made of something else other than pure concrete (plaster maybe or something).

If they wanted to show him powerful enough to punch through concrete, they would have shown him punching through something that looked and behaved like concrete. Here, the showed him powerful enough to punch through... something that wasn't concrete.

Galan007
I'm not complaining about props. Because that would be stupid. I just don't think that pillar was meant to be fully concrete (regardless of what it was actually made of). I think that scene was supposed to show Bane's punching power, but showed it by him punching a pillar made of something else other than pure concrete (plaster maybe or something).

If they wanted to show him powerful enough to punch through concrete, they would have shown him punching through something that looked and behaved like concrete. Here, the showed him powerful enough to punch through... something that wasn't concrete. But... It was a RL prop... Punched by a RL stuntman... In order to make RL holes. Obviously it's not really going to be made out of a material similar to concrete, because RL stuntmen... Can't punch through concrete. none

That's why we must look at what Nolan intended for the character of Bane. If you'd rather believe that his intent was to showcase Bane's strength by having him punch holes in a material that any sub-average human can lay waste to, then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I sharply disagree, however.

FrothByte
But... It was a RL prop... Punched by a RL stuntman... In order to make RL holes. Obviously it's not really going to be made out of a material similar to concrete, because RL stuntmen... Can't punch through concrete. none

That's why we must look at what Nolan intended for the character of Bane. If you'd rather believe that his intent was to showcase Bane's strength by having him punch holes in a material that any sub-average human can lay waste to, then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I sharply disagree, however.

No my point is, if they wanted to make people believe it was concrete, then they would have made it appear and behave like concrete. Surely they have enough special effects budget to do that. The fact that they made the pillar behave like NOT concrete means that we're not supposed to think it's concrete.

Galan007
Again: If you believe Nolan's intent was to showcase Bane's strength by having him punch holes in a material that any sub-average human can lay waste to, then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I sharply disagree, however.

Like I said earlier, I chalk that little snafu up to an oversight in the set/editing departments, more than anything else. If you don't think set designers or editors ever screw up in large-budget films, then you haven't watched many large-budget films. It happens all the time.

FrothByte
Again: If you believe Nolan's intent was to showcase Bane's strength by having him punch holes in a material that any sub-average human can lay waste to, then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I sharply disagree, however.

Like I said earlier, I chalk that little snafu up to an oversight in the set/editing departments, more than anything else. If you don't think set designers or editors ever screw up in large-budget films, then you haven't watched many large-budget films. It happens all the time.

Why does it have to be a material that sub-average humans can punch through? There are lots of materials that are hard enough that average people can't punch through them yet are not as hard as concrete. Standard wall backing and plaster is pretty hard (yet not impossible) to break.

Galan007
They can't/don't use wooden wall backing on cylindrical objects, so that's out of the question. If it was actually intended to be plaster, then they either used chickenwire or some type of fiber sheet as a base for the plaster... Materials of which can be punched through with relative ease.

So no, I don't believe Nolan intended for Bane to be punching through fragile materials.

Robtard
I disagree. Punching through a thin layer of plaster-esque material does not make Bane look strong in the slightest, considering a pre-pubescent 12y/o girl on radiation therapy could likely do the same thing. I believe Nolan's intent was clear: to show the audience how fudging hard Bane can strike, via a close-up solo scene in which he punches holes in a concrete pillar after Batman had already moved. As f4c speculated: I'd honestly chalk the slab we see sluffing off in the film, solely to the set designers f*cking up.

Come on, while punching through the aesthetic facade isn't anywhere near as tough as it would be punching a hole in concrete, it's not something easily done by anyone. If you believe so, be by guess and find a like pillar and do it.

I don't buy the "they just ****ed up that prop, it was supposed to look more concrete-like", my reason being I don't believe Nolan ever intended for Bane to be truly super-human, just an immensely strong man, which we see with him cracking Batman's mask, picking him up and easily punching a hole in the outer layer of a pillar.

Galan007
Come on, while punching through the aesthetic facade isn't anywhere near as tough as it would be punching a hole in concrete, it's not something easily done by anyone. If you believe so, be by guess and find a like pillar and do it.

I don't buy the "they just ****ed up that prop, it was supposed to look my concrete-like". Plaster is still plaster, no matter what it's on-- and plaster with 'soft' backing, like chickenwire or fiber sheeting(as you've suggested), is obviously much easier to punch holes through than plaster with 'hard' backing, like wood-- of which the cylindrical pillars most certainly did not have. I'm not exaggerating(too much :P) when I speak of its fragility. And tbh, if you think a layer of plaster as deep as the holes Bane made would ever be placed on a vertical surface in RL then, well, you're wrong. A coating of plaster that thick would crack to high hell and eventually sluff off under its own weight.

Okay, well I don't buy that Nolan's intent was to have Bane preform a feat that pretty much any average joe could replicate in RL. Like I said to the other fella: you are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but please don't act like it's cut-and-dry.

FrothByte
Besides, if Bane was truly strong enough to plow through concrete, then he should have easily turned Batman's insides into mush every time he hit him. Heck the first time he hit Batman in the head Bruce's mask should have broken and he suffered a concussion.

DTM
Keep in mind Bane was strong enough to lift (and walk with) Batman with one arm, without much effort showing. Not saying thats Spock level strength, but Id say its the movies way of continuing to show Bane is Incredibly Strong, Id say strong enough to punch those pillars apart as he did.

FrothByte
Originally posted by DTM
Keep in mind Bane was strong enough to lift (and walk with) Batman with one arm, without much effort showing. Not saying thats Spock level strength, but Id say its the movies way of continuing to show Bane is Incredibly Strong, Id say strong enough to punch those pillars apart as he did.

Carrying a man with one arm (I don't recall him lifting Batman over his head with one arm) is a feat that can be replicated by regular strongmen competitors and gymnasts. So still within the boundaries of human fitness.

Punching through a concrete pillar.... well I've yet to see humans do that.

Galan007
Besides, if Bane was truly strong enough to plow through concrete, then he should have easily turned Batman's insides into mush every time he hit him. Heck the first time he hit Batman in the head Bruce's mask should have broken and he suffered a concussion. Body.Armor.

Aside from that, Nolan-Batman is able to endure physical rigors that would cripple most men. Case in point: falling from a multistory building onto a parked car without sustaining any injuries to speak of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEj_zGS1aTM
(4:00)

I can post more evidence if need be.

TheGodKiller
Case in point: falling from a multistory building onto a parked car without sustaining any injuries to speak of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEj_zGS1aTM
(4:00)
Rachel withstood the same impact, and she wasn't protected by:
Body.Armor.

TheGodKiller

Not to mention that you didn't even take into account the possibility of his cape acting as a parachute(he's used it to glide before after all) to reduce their terminal velocity and thereby minimize the physical damage to both.

Which in all likelihood is the reason why Rachel was (relatively) unscathed as well.

ares834
While that is likely the impact still crushed the car's roof. It's still a great durability feat.

TheGodKiller
^1)We didn't actually see the car's collapsed roof at all in that scene.
2)They didn't land on its roof to begin with. That was the taxi's hood.
3)Rachel survived, and she wasn't covered from head to toe in solid titanium-reinforced body armor.

Silent Master
So, the argument is now "Rachel and Batman have superhuman durability?"

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
While that is likely the impact still crushed the car's roof. It's still a great durability feat. thumb up There's also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWdsOx210QE
(2:50)

And before he crushed Scarecrow's van, he was rammed into a concrete pillar at moderate speed while on the side of said van, and got right back up. I can post even more durability-related feats if need be... Really shouldn't have to, though.

Originally posted by Silent Master
So, the argument is now "Rachel and Batman have superhuman durability?" No one said that. However, there's no denying that Bats has endured physical rigors that would otherwise harm/incapacitate an 'average' person. Point being: Bruce's body armor gives him huge resistance to injury... This is likely how he was able to endure Bane's strikes without being killed.

I'm also not quite sure why people think it's out of the question for Bane to bust a few holes through concrete, when Bruce was shown busting a brick wall with a casual kick earlier in the film..?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n13_EeBx69g
(0:17)

I'm not comparing concrete to brick, btw. However, brick is most certainly harder than plaster.

BlackZero30x
thumb up There's also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWdsOx210QE
(2:50)

And before he crushed Scarecrow's van, he was rammed into a concrete pillar at moderate speed while on the side of said van, and got right back up. I can post even more durability-related feats if need be... Really shouldn't have to, though.

No one said that. However, there's no denying that Bats has endured physical rigors that would otherwise harm/incapacitate an 'average' person. Point being: Bruce's body armor gives him huge resistance to injury... This is likely how he was able to endure Bane's strikes without being killed.

I'm also not quite sure why people think it's out of the question for Bane to bust a few holes through concrete, when Bruce was shown busting a brick wall with a casual kick earlier in the film..?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n13_EeBx69g
(0:17)

I'm not comparing concrete to brick, btw. However, brick is most certainly harder than plaster.

It was my understanding Bruce could only do that because of the brace. Imo it was a hollow pillar with a strong ascetic covering just not concrete strong. Regardless Bane is clearly strong but prior to the pillar batman enrages Bane. Soooo it was also my opinion that the pillar was more then just his strength. You add Bane's strength, him raging(adrenalin pumping), and that he can't feel pain and you get the aforementioned feat.

Galan007
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
It was my understanding Bruce could only do that because of the brace. Never said otherwise. He still did it, is all I'm saying.

Imo it was a hollow pillar with a strong ascetic covering just not concrete strong. I believe it was concrete-esque material. May not have been, but imo that certainly would make more sense than a brittle material, like plaster.

Regardless Bane is clearly strong but prior to the pillar batman enrages Bane. Soooo it was also my opinion that the pillar was more then just his strength. You add Bane's strength, him raging(adrenalin pumping), and that he can't feel pain and you get the aforementioned feat. Never said otherwise. He still did it, is all I'm saying.

Silent Master
Going by how the insides just sort of poured out after he broke the surface, I don't think it was solid concrete.

Sadako of Girth
Just like the proposed theory itself.

Galan007
Going by how the insides just sort of poured out after he broke the surface, I don't think it was solid concrete. How would you expect broken concrete to fall out of a hole? Not as rubble?

Silent Master
How would you expect broken concrete to fall out of a hole? Not as rubble?

If you want me to believe that it was solid concrete that Bane punched through, find me something in the movie that stated the columns were solid concrete...hell I'll even accept commentary from the DVD or a writer interview.

Galan007
a.) You didn't answer my question(s).
b.) If you want me to believe that Nolan's intent was to have Bane punching through brittle material, find me something in the movie that stated the columns were brittle material... Hell I'll even accept commentary from the DVD or a writer interview.

cwutididthere? smile

Again, I personally think it makes more sense to showcase Bane's strength by having him punch through material that... Not everyone can punch through. After all, Nolan did the same basic thing earlier in the film when he had Bruce(/w/ a super-kneebrace) bust a brick wall with a casual kick.

Dolos
Spock is what, three times as a strong as a human pound for pound? He wins, sorry.

Not only that, Spock was an exceptional hand to hand combatant for a Vulcan.

Silent Master
a.) You didn't answer my question(s).
b.) If you want me to believe that Nolan's intent was to have Bane punching through brittle material, find me something in the movie that stated the colums were brittle material... Hell I'll even accept commentary from the DVD or a writer interview.

cwutididthere? smile

You're claiming that it's solid concrete, that means the burden is on you.

Dolos
You're claiming that it's solid concrete, that means the burden is on you.

-Pr-
As much as I might think it was implied that Bane was tough enough to punch through concrete, I'm still not sure he could take Spock, tbh.

Galan007
You're claiming that it's solid concrete, that means the burden is on you. You're claiming the material was brittle, despite having nothing....concrete shifty....to support your claim.

So no, the burden of proof is not on me... Nor is it on you. All we have to go by is what we feel Nolan was trying to convey in that particular scene. That said, I've already stated my position on the matter multiple times. Once more: I personally think it makes more sense to showcase Bane's strength by having him punch through material that... Not everyone can punch through. After all, Nolan did the same basic thing earlier in the film when he had Bruce(/w/ a super-kneebrace) bust a brick wall with a casual kick.

Originally posted by -Pr-
As much as I might think it was implied that Bane was tough enough to punch through concrete, I'm still not sure he could take Spock, tbh. I don't think he beats Spock, tbh. I do think he punched through concrete-esque material, though.

Silent Master
You're claiming the material was brittle, despite having nothing....concrete shifty....to support your claim.

So no, the burden of proof is not on me. Nor is it on you. All we have to go by here is what Nolan was trying to convey in that particular scene. That said, I've already stated my position on the matter multiple times. Once more: I personally think it makes more sense to showcase Bane's strength by having him punch through material that... Not everyone can punch through. After all, Nolan did the same basic thing earlier in the film when he had Bruce(/w/ a super-kneebrace) bust a brick wall with a casual kick.

See, now you're just lying as I never once said that the material was brittle...all I've said is that I don't believe that is was solid concrete.

Now, do you have any proof to back up your claim?

Galan007
See, now you're just lying as I never once said that the material was brittle...all I've said is that I don't believe that is was solid concrete.

Now, do you have any proof to back up your claim? Sooo if the material wasn't brittle, like plaster... Yet wasn't concrete... Then what exactly do you think it was? Where is your speculation coming from..?

Lol, did you not read anything I just said?

Silent Master
Sooo if the material wasn't brittle, like plaster... Yet wasn't concrete... Then what exactly do you think it was? Where is your speculation coming from..?

Lol, did you not read anything I just said?

I've read enough to know that Bane punching though "solid concrete" is part of your argument as to why he'd beat Spock....so do you have any proof that the column was actually made of solid concrete?

Galan007
I've read enough to know that Bane punching though "solid concrete" is part of your argument as to why he'd beat Spock. Originally posted by Galan007
I never said anything in regard to who wins this match. Just that in addition to Bane's other feats, he also beat the crap out of said pillar. Originally posted by Galan007
I don't think he beats Spock, tbh. I do think he punched through concrete-esque material, though. Lol.

You might want to skim through this thread again. It'll probably sink in better the second time. thumb up

-Pr-
I don't think he beats Spock, tbh. I do think he punched through concrete-esque material, though.

Same. Why show it otherwise? Occam's razor, etc.

Silent Master
Ok, I was wrong about who you thought wins. I also found where you admitted that it could have been plaster...so I guess there is no need to continue.

Dolos
The pillar was hollow, in its center there was probably an industrial steel beam. Concrete is a brittle material with many shatter points. It's hard enough to break an ordinary man's arm (but Bane was probably wearing kevlar around his skin), but brittle. To shatter concrete with a haymaker is bound to shatter a normal man's hand and arm.

P.S. Before my senior year I hit an old mirror with a haymaker the exact same way, like over 200 stitches and dissolvable stitches to sew the extensor tendons in my all my fingers back together. Well therapy and flexibility, and some hypotonia (ragdoll syndrome) allowed me to get full use back quickly.

FrothByte
You're claiming the material was brittle, despite having nothing....concrete shifty....to support your claim.

So no, the burden of proof is not on me... Nor is it on you.

We already have some proof that it wasn't concrete simply by the fact that it doesn't look and behave like concrete. May not be full-proof evidence but it's still better than what you have. So if you still want to insist that it was made of concrete, then the burden of proof now lies on you. For most of us, we're just calling it as we see it, that it doesn't look like it was made of concrete.

For what it's worth, I do think it was concrete on the outside... just not solid concrete through and through. With a different material for backing.

Then again, I saw that we all agree that Spock wins this anyway, so not sure why we need to continue debating.

focus4chumps
it was neither brittle material nor solid concrete.

the force it would take to put a 2-3 impact hole into steel reinforced concrete would easily put a fist size hole through bruce wayne's face.

Galan007
Ok, I was wrong about who you thought wins. I also found where you admitted that it could have been plaster...so I guess there is no need to continue. It *could* have been made of cake, and I wouldn't be able to definitively prove it one way or the other-- you see, this entire discussion is based solely on personal opinion, as no literal 'evidence' pertaining to the pillar's specific composition exists. I, personally, just think it is more logical to assume it was made of concrete-esque material, then it is to assume it was made of brittle material that any random ock could punch through. That's all. smile

Same. Why show it otherwise? Occam's razor, etc. thumb up

Galan007
We already have some proof that it wasn't concrete simply by the fact that it doesn't look and behave like concrete. May not be full-proof evidence but it's still better than what you have. So if you still want to insist that it was made of concrete, then the burden of proof now lies on you. For most of us, we're just calling it as we see it, that it doesn't look like it was made of concrete.

For what it's worth, I do think it was concrete on the outside... just not solid concrete through and through. With a different material for backing.

Then again, I saw that we all agree that Spock wins this anyway, so not sure why we need to continue debating. You're hugely overrating the 'proof' you *think* you have.

What you *sort of* have is 'proof' that the pillar was coated in a very thin layer of brittle material(the stuff you see sluffing away from the rest of the pillar in the film.) What you certainly do not have is proof regarding what the pillar was made of underneath that very thin layer of brittle material. As I said earlier: Bane's fist clearly went much deeper into the pillar then the thickness of that layer.

So no. I do not have to 'prove' anything, because nothing can be 'proven', because there is no definitive 'proof' to be had one way or the other. Same coin: you cannot 'prove' anything for the very same reasons-- remember, this discussion is based exclusively on how we personally feel Nolan intended to convey that scene. Nothing more, nothing less.

FrothByte
You're hugely overrating the 'proof' you *think* you have.

What you *sort of* have is 'proof' that the pillar was coated in a very thin layer of brittle material(the stuff you see sluffing away from the rest of the pillar in the film.) What you certainly do not have is proof regarding what the pillar was made of underneath that very thin layer of brittle material. As I said earlier: Bane's fist clearly went much deeper into the pillar then the thickness of that layer.

So no. I do not have to 'prove' anything, because nothing can be 'proven', because there is no definitive 'proof' to be had one way or the other. Same coin: you cannot 'prove' anything for the very same reasons-- remember, this discussion is based exclusively on how we personally feel Nolan intended to convey that scene. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok let me tackle this another way. Let's say we see a white horse in a movie.

Us: "It's a white horse".
You: "No, it's a black horse".
Us: "Prove that it's a black horse".
You: "Prove that it's a white horse".
Us: "Just look at it. It's colored white".
You: "That's not proof. Just because that's what it looks like doesn't mean that's how it was meant to be. It may just be lousy props. We don't know what color it is because we don't know what color the director wanted it to be".

See the difference? We're not as much "proving" anything as just simply stating the obvious. The pillar obviously didn't look like it was made of solid concrete, so we assume that it wasn't solid concrete. You keep insisting that it is despite there being no indication that it's supposed to be concrete, therefore you provide the proof because all we're doing is stating how we see it whereas you're stating something different without any visual evidence whatsoever.

BlackZero30x

So wouldn't that make the "pillar busting" feat not a true feat? I mean if the material of the pillar is a matter of opinion then we can't say for certain how much force he had to exert to bust it up. Anyways I guess this question has little to do with anything. I just read your (quoted) response and wondered where you stood on this.

-Pr-
I thought it looked like concrete...

Galan007
Ok let me tackle this another way. Let's say we see a white horse in a movie.

Us: "It's a white horse".
You: "No, it's a black horse".
Us: "Prove that it's a black horse".
You: "Prove that it's a white horse".
Us: "Just look at it. It's colored white".
You: "That's not proof. Just because that's what it looks like doesn't mean that's how it was meant to be. It may just be lousy props. We don't know what color it is because we don't know what color the director wanted it to be".

See the difference? We're not as much "proving" anything as just simply stating the obvious. The pillar obviously didn't look like it was made of solid concrete, so we assume that it wasn't solid concrete. You keep insisting that it is despite there being no indication that it's supposed to be concrete, therefore you provide the proof because all we're doing is stating how we see it whereas you're stating something different without any visual evidence whatsoever. This is a very inaccurate analogy, tbh.

Referring to the pillar exclusively as a 'white horse' implies that there is tenable evidence to suggest that the 'horse' is, in fact, 'white'. There isn't. As far as what we can prove with tenable evidence, the 'horse' is neither white nor black-- it is grey(both literally AND figuratively, it would seem.) Why? Because its 'color' cannot be definitively proven one way or the other.

Again: this discussion is based solely on each of our personal opinions regarding how we think Nolan intended to portray Bane's strength in that sequence, because there is no way to incontrovertibly prove what the pillar was made of. I've said this several times now... Is it really this hard to grasp?

In the end, I don't care what you think the pillar is made of-- but please refrain from acting like your interpretation of the scene is the only correct one.

I thought it looked like concrete... I did too. Great minds, etc. cheers

Mindset
Spock kills him.

Khan would rip Bane in half.

Spock did pretty well against him.

dadudemon
Ok, I was wrong about who you thought wins. I also found where you admitted that it could have been plaster...so I guess there is no need to continue.

thumb up

+2 respect for admitting fault and moving on.

DTM
Carrying a man with one arm (I don't recall him lifting Batman over his head with one arm) is a feat that can be replicated by regular strongmen competitors and gymnasts. So still within the boundaries of human fitness.

Punching through a concrete pillar.... well I've yet to see humans do that.

Holding Batman, bodyweight and uniform and all, with one hand, while casually walking, is something gymnasts can do? Seriously? Maybe the strongest of men sure, but nothing close to a gymnast. Heck of the two feats, Id say punching cracks into concrete would be the more real one over comparing it to that.

FrothByte
Originally posted by DTM
Holding Batman, bodyweight and uniform and all, with one hand, while casually walking, is something gymnasts can do? Seriously? Maybe the strongest of men sure, but nothing close to a gymnast. Heck of the two feats, Id say punching cracks into concrete would be the more real one over comparing it to that.

Gymnasts carry each other one handed while hanging upside down. *shrugs*. Sure no body armor, but it's not too far of a stretch from there.

focus4chumps
thumb up

+2 respect for admitting fault and moving on.

-5 for pretending that this is something you practice rather than derail the topic. thumb down

ridiculous hypocrite

dadudemon
-5 for pretending that this is something you practice...

But...I do...and there's nothing in my post that says it is something I practice. no expression

ridiculous hypocrite

You don't know what those words mean.

TheGodKiller
So, the argument is now "Rachel and Batman have superhuman durability?"
Pretty much.At least as far as them falling on a tax's hood from a multi-storey height goes.

Sadako of Girth
But...I do... no expression

So you now apologise for three pages of trolling and recognise that the Nazis actually DID steal Walt's money, despite your repeated claims that they didn't - despite all screenfeats, script and admission from Jack that it was Walt's money..?
no expression

Oh you don't: Well +2 points for at least recognising your betters.

TheGodKiller
Pretty much.At least as far as them falling on a tax's hood from a multi-storey height goes.
*taxi

dadudemon
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
So you now apologise for three pages of trolling and recognise that the Nazis actually DID steal Walt's money, despite your repeated claims that they didn't - despite all screenfeats, script and admission from Jack that it was Walt's money..?
no expression

Oh you don't: Well +2 points for at least recognising your betters.

I apologize that my subjective opinion offended you. I never intended offense, good sir.

focus4chumps
no that was actually not a subjective opinion.

it was a complete contradiction to established fact. a falsehood. a lie. the ignorant false assertions of a pathetic man-child. ...etc.

its clear you lack the intelligence to know the difference so lets just drop it. smile

dadudemon
no that was actually not a subjective opinion.

it was a complete contradiction to established fact. a falsehood. a lie. the ignorant false assertions of a pathetic man-child. ...etc.

Incorrect: go read my posts, again. A character's opinion, in the fictional world, is not a fact. Nor is my opinion, in the real world, a fact. They are both opinions.

its clear you lack the intelligence to know the difference so lets just drop it. smile

You have no business telling anyone they lack the intelligence regarding anything. <---New version of "pot calling the kettle black"

Edit - I am better than you. 313

focus4chumps
should i aid you in continuing this farce for 4 more pages, thus exposing you yet again as an easily dismissable hypocrite and clown?

nah smile

Sadako of Girth
I apologize that my subjective opinion offended you. I never intended offense, good sir.

Ok. So its still your opinion?

And how come you list it now as your subjective opinion when you maintained it at the time to be fact..?

Was it just a love for the Nazis..? An Aryan brotherhood bias, if you will?

focus4chumps
apparently its fine for ddm to derail the breaking bad thread (in its final week, no less) with clownish contradictions of clearly established fact...just as long as nobody derails a conversation over faux-materials used to build columns in contemporary architecture. thats just unforgivable!!! clown

also why are we supposed to take advice from a confessed troll who habitually backseat mods (while lying about forum rules) and then goes on a "lol u mad laughing out loud" rant when called on it?

i think this world would be a better place if hypocrisy actually caused malignant brain tumors.

dadudemon
apparently its fine for ddm to derail the breaking bad thread (in its final week, no less) with clownish contradictions of clearly established fact...just as long as nobody derails a conversation over faux-materials used to build columns in contemporary architecture. thats just unforgivable!!! clown

also why are we supposed to take advice from a confessed troll who habitually backseat mods (while lying about forum rules) and then goes on a "lol u mad laughing out loud" rant when called on it?

i think this world would be a better place if hypocrisy actually caused malignant brain tumors.

TL : DR

I'm still better than you. 313

No amount of internet rage posting will change that fact. smile

Ok. So its still your opinion?

And how come you list it now as your subjective opinion when you maintained it at the time to be fact..?

Was it just a love for the Nazis..? An Aryan brotherhood bias, if you will?

You're not an idiot: "subjective opinion" is fairly redundant. Try again?

Edit - Please, good sir, quote me where I "maintained" it was a fact. smile

focus4chumps
ah so its "lol u mad clowning" for the win.

good, so now you should probably stfu and stop attempting to instruct people in the arts of civility and diplomacy. you ridiculous hypocrite.

dadudemon
ah so its "lol u mad clowning" for the win.

good, so now you should probably stfu and stop attempting to instruct people in the arts of civility and diplomacy. you ridiculous hypocrite.

Please quote me where I instructed Silent Master in such subjects.

Try to do it with less rage and butthurt....try.

Sadako of Girth

You're not an idiot: "subjective opinion" is fairly redundant. Try again?

Edit - Please, good sir, quote me where I "maintained" it was a fact. smile

I know that Im not.
It was implied by the arrogance of your stance, and refusing to accept the screenfeats/evidence based opinions of everyone else for pages.
An embarrassing and failed, yet still noticed-and-rightly-slapped-down attempt to make the ending of the greatest TV show on earth about you.

dadudemon
It was implied by the arrogance of your stance,

Translation of this statement of yours: "I want reality to be different so I'll make shit up."

An embarrassing and failed, yet still noticed-and-rightly-slapped-down attempt to make the ending of the greatest TV show on earth about you.

I extended an invitation to continue the conversation via PM: an invitation that was clearly declined. I did not continue that conversation with him, anymore. Are those the actions of someone that wanted to make the thread about himself? lol

You're going to have to do better than 2 lies. If you have no substance to your argument, just admit you had a warped view of reality (again) and move on. No need to add more lies on top of lies just so you don't have to admit being wrong.

Galan007
The random twists and turns a seemingly straight-forward thread can take never ceases to amaze me.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs50/200H/i/2009/287/2/1/Mad_Hatter___Johnny_Depp_by_wrekless_enigma.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Translation of this statement of yours: "I want reality to be different so I'll make shit up."

Nope thats YOUR gig as singular forum clown bollock..

Trolling via Backseat modding/white knighting for Quanchi when he was clearly wrong/trolling was.

I'm not lying. (As anyone can see from page 14 onwards of that thread.) no expression
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=570561&pagenumber=14

Backseat modding again after mod warnings: CHECK.
Taking side of troll in said BS-Modding attempt: CHECK.
Defending Nazis way contrary to the reality presented in the show to continue trollery: CHECK.

Sadako of Girth
The random twists and turns a seemingly straight-forward thread can take never ceases to amaze me.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs50/200H/i/2009/287/2/1/Mad_Hatter___Johnny_Depp_by_wrekless_enigma.jpg

As straight forward as any thread featuring obviously plaster coated pillars that some have chosen to cite as concrete in order to amp up their fav character can be...

dadudemon
Nope thats YOUR gig as singular forum clown bollock..

Cool story, bro.

Trolling via Backseat modding/white knighting for Quanchi when he was clearly wrong/trolling was.

I'm not lying. (As anyone can see from page 14 onwards of that thread.) no expression
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=570561&pagenumber=14

Backseat modding again after mod warnings: CHECK.

No mod warned me you liar*. no expression

Taking side of troll in said BS-Modding attempt: CHECK.
Asking a more reasonable poster to stop shitting up threads is not back seat modding nor is it taking the side of a troll. You're seriously one screwed up individual. Your view of reality is extremely warped.

Defending Nazis way contrary to the reality presented in the show to continue trollery: CHECK.

Wrong: read the thread, again. Hint: you're not using the word "reality" correctly. wink

*You have exhibited a continued string of lying. You are definitely a liar. No one cares about your lie campaign except your buttbuddy. You are from now on and henceforth known as a liar.

Edit - Why u mad, tho? Seriously, you seem upset. I don't think I've seen you lie this much in such a short period of time, before.

Sadako of Girth
Cool story, bro.

You definitely were months before.
See? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13624022&highlight=backseat+userid%3A8#post13624022 This is you being exposed as the true liar that you are. If you deny this, you REALLY have problems with reality.

Yes it is. And yes it did.
Dude any more screwed up and you'd be a singularity.

Clearly its just a word you heard about once.

More lies from you. Wow..rather than disagreeing, showing evidence to the contrary, you proceed with baseless childish verbal attacks and namecalling.
Sounds like profuse butthurtz to me.
Hitler once said that if you repeat a lie often enough that it would be accpeted as fact. Well he never had someone providing links that showed him outright to be a pathological liar, I guess. (Like the link provided at the top of this post, for example) I know you're butthurt over the Nazi thing in BB, but jeez....you dont have to adopt the Furer's mantras, thats taking it a bit far.

Upset? lol You give yourself too much credit.
Right: And you haven't now either.
You're the one tossing angry names about and telling lies wriggling like a little worm on a big hook right now.

focus4chumps

See? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13624022&highlight=backseat+userid%3A8#post13624022

ddm, why dont you just do your "lol u mad" troll confession routine since you've obviously painted yourself in a corner yet again.

seriously, the topic of contemporary column architecture is way too important to derail. you're treating this topic as if its superficial...like say a thread for one of the most popular tv shows in history in its final week of airing.

Galan007
seriously, the topic of contemporary column architecture is way too important to derail. http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/giggle.gif

dadudemon
See? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13624022&highlight=backseat+userid%3A8#post13624022 This is you being exposed as the true liar that you are. If you deny this, you REALLY have problems with reality.

So what your lies boiled down to was a backpeddle to insight a thread from 2 years ago, that was unrelated to the thread you are clearly still butthurt over.

Yeah, I figured you would try to pull that by taking the conversation out of context. At no point in the thread I was posting in, that you referred to, was I warned for backseat modding. Nice try on that little word game you just tried to play.

P.S. I reported Ushgarak for breaking the rules. Still wasn't backseat modding. smile

Yes it is.

Not it isn't and I stated why in the thread. smile

And yes it did.

No it didn't and you're coocoo.

Dude any more screwed up and you'd be a singularity.

At least you can admit you're crazy. You have that going for you.

More lies from you. Wow..rather than disagreeing, showing evidence to the contrary, you proceed with baseless childish verbal attacks and namecalling.
Sounds like profuse butthurtz to me.
Hitler once said that if you repeat a lie often enough that it would be accpeted as fact. Well he never had someone providing links that showed him outright to be a pathological liar, I guess. (Like the link provided at the top of this post, for example) I know you're butthurt over the Nazi thing in BB, but jeez....you dont have to adopt the Furer's mantras, thats taking it a bit far.

Upset? lol You give yourself too much credit.
Right: And you haven't now either.
You're the one tossing angry names about and telling lies wriggling like a little worm on a big hook right now.

Anyway, my guess is, you miss Quanchi. "Angry names", eh? So where did I toss around an "angry name"? I don't think you even know which lies you've told, anymore.

dadudemon
ddm, why dont you just do your "lol u mad" troll confession routine since you've obviously painted yourself in a corner yet again.

I didn't paint myself into a corner. He couldn't find any mod actions in that thread so he had to resort to a different thread from 2 years prior: screw context, right? Sounds like he was backed into a corner, to me. smile

This is how I viewed his epiphany: "Shit, DDM is right: he wasn't warned in the breaking bad thread. Maybe he's right about my warped reality. Wait, Ushgarak and him used to go at it. I'm sure there's some dirt, there. AHA! Found something! Now I don't have to admit I was wrong and I can use this horribly out of context quote from more than 2 years ago!"

Sadako of Girth
So what your lies boiled down to was a backpeddle to insight a thread from 2 years ago, that was unrelated to the thread you are clearly still butthurt over.

Liar.

LOL You totally were. Liar. And thats why Ush warned you.

Your credibility is dead. I no longer take you word about anything.

Lies.

Nope. Im not, and you're lying again, liar.

Well you're guesses are wrong. And you are a liar, liar.
A completely mad liar. Such rage.

focus4chumps
ok so now that you were exposed yet again as a silly lying troll, can we please get back to the topic? smile

Sadako of Girth

This is how I viewed his epiphany: "Shit, DDM is right: he wasn't warned in the breaking bad thread. Maybe he's right about my warped reality. Wait, Ushgarak and him used to go at it. I'm sure there's some dirt, there. AHA! Found something! Now I don't have to admit I was wrong and I can use this horribly out of context quote from more than 2 years ago!"

Thats because you're not in touch with reality.
And you've just been spanked and you're crying and puffing your cheeks going: "Nope! Totally didn't hurt!!!!!! I'm fine!!!! It hurt everyone else but me!!!!"

Anyway. Spock wins.

the ninjak
Of course Spock wins!

dadudemon
Liar.

LOL You totally were. Liar. And thats why Ush warned you.

lol, lol, rofl poopy flakes. Asking a mod to stop abusing members is not back seat modding. I used all tools at my disposal. I couldn't do anymore. Raz is just not around.

He still hasn't responded to my e-mail.

Your credibility is dead. I no longer take you word about anything.

I'm devastated that a liar said I am not credible.

Lies.

Nope. Im not, and you're lying again, liar.

So you've regressed into a "no u". I guess I caught you lying too much, eh? big grin

Well you're guesses are wrong. And you are a liar, liar.
A completely mad liar. Such rage.

So now you're even using the "u mad" stuff, too, eh?

I'm not flattered that you're emulating me. sad

Thats because you're not in touch with reality.
And you've just been spanked and you're crying and puffing your cheeks going: "Nope! Totally didn't hurt!!!!!! I'm fine!!!! It hurt everyone else but me!!!!"

Anyway. Spock wins.

More exclamation points, please. It won't show me that you are upset, I swear.

ok so now that you were exposed yet again as a silly lying troll, can we please get back to the topic? smile

Translation of your post: "I didn't like the outcome of that argument where dadudemon won again. So I'll just pretend he lost, again. Dammit, I hate that dadudemon is better than me."

Sadako of Girth
The truth needs no translation.

Fact: You denied backseat modding and trolling about the Nazis n the BB thread.
You were proven a liar via links.

Fact: You denied having be cautioned prior to that by a mod for the same act.
You were proven to be lying via link evidence.

Fact: You deny being mad about it yet were calling people buttbuddies, coocoo, liars etc even though they were telling the truth.

This is why you cannot be taken seriously anymore. smile

Still lets not make this 'all about you' again.

Spock wins.

Silent Master
What was this topic about again, all these off-topic posts has made me forget smile

Now, IMO Spock wins.

dadudemon
Fact: You denied backseat modding and trolling about the Nazis n the BB thread.
You were proven a liar via links.

Glad you finally decided to keep things in context. However, you're still wrong. Just scroll up to see my responses to this point. smile

Fact: You denied having be cautioned prior to that by a mod for the same act.
You were proven to be lying via link evidence.

Fact: you misrepresented the conversation and took it out of context when you couldn't find anywhere in that thread where I was warned by a mod. Typical liar MO, really. smile

Fact: You deny being mad about it yet were calling people buttbuddies, coocoo, liars etc even though they were telling the truth.

Fact: But you are crazy (that's my honest view of you), you are buttbuddies with focus,, and you are a liar.

But "lipstick posse" is okay, right? big grin I mean, I'm okay with it. But you're not okay with being lumped in with focus?

This is why you cannot be taken seriously anymore. smile

Still lets not make this 'all about you' again.

Spock wins.

I stopped taking you seriously when you cried about Quanchi trolling via filling up pages and pages of arguments when you yourself were doing the same thing. Once upon a time, I did respect you as a poster. You can't blame your decent into idiocy solely on Quanchi, either.

Sadako of Girth
Glad you finally decided to keep things in context. However, you're still wrong. Just scroll up to see my responses to this point. smile

They always were in context.

Lying again, huh..? Read back you'll find no insistency on my part. (Unless you either think that warnings apply for that thread only. Warnings are warnings.)

Well lucky that literally means nothing, and you're talking rubbish once more. Smear away though, angry one.

Oh dear. Thats all you have? I argued on the side of reason, logic and screenfeats. By the way, little tip:
When accusing someone of a descent into idiocy, its best to not spell 'descent' as 'decent'. smile

dadudemon

Sadako of Girth

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the warnings that you made up only applied to that thread since we were talking about my incorrectly stated "back seat modding" actions and the content of that thread, itself. Had you actually intended it to apply outside the thread, you would have done so from the beginning. I honestly think you had mistakenly thought I got a warning in that thread and just don't have the gumption to admit you were wrong...so you back peddled to find something from many moons ago and an entirely different subforum.

Cool story, bro.

No need. Im right and you're wrong. smile

More complete self delusions of grandure.

Well you haven't. So you would have been wrong if you "saw it coming".

Ok, "Mr.concerned about being 'harassed in public' by a mod to the point of crying and threatening to report them for correcting you and embarrassing you, Mr.'Still derailing the Bane/Spock thread because you couldn't handle your patronising trolling and subsequent chain-lying being pointed out on here'.

Sometimes=Most of the times, if not all of the times. There was NO point you were making.

Why bother..? You know it. I know it. Anyone reading knows it.
You were just reminded of the one to point out another hypocrisy of yours, thats all.

Feel free now to return to topic.

Mindset
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-22290-Adventure-Time-Now-Kiss-gif-kHFx.gif

Sadako of Girth
LOL So my arse is a wolf's face now? stick out tongue

Anyways: If Spock sees Bane is Reliant* on that mask, (and we've no reason based on his speed at assessing all things science to think he won't deduce that in like a second or two) that'll be ripped off or damaged otherwise in the first move or two.

Spock wins.

* yes that was the genesis of a pun in the making.

dadudemon
Well you haven't. So you would have been wrong if you "saw it coming".

Whew, glad I said "I should have", right? I am pretty sure you are trolling.

Ok, "Mr.concerned about being 'harassed in public' by a mod to the point of crying and threatening to report them for correcting you and embarrassing you,

Correction: I reported him, multiple times, actually. Even sent a report of his actions to Raz. smile

Mr.'Still derailing the Bane/Spock thread because you couldn't handle your patronising trolling and subsequent chain-lying being pointed out on here'.

No you (I'm serious).

Sometimes=Most of the times, if not all of the times. There was NO point you were making.

You should rethink the point you were making and try again. It's either sometimes or most of the time. Not all of the time.

Why bother..? You know it. I know it. Anyone reading knows it.
You were just reminded of the one to point out another hypocrisy of yours, thats all.

Translation of this portion of your post: "I don't want to run the risk of someone else pointing out my douchery. I care quite a bit about what others think about me."

*pats*

It's okay. No one really cares about you on the internet.

Feel free now to return to topic.

You first. smile

Sadako of Girth

Anyways: If Spock sees Bane is Reliant* on that mask, (and we've no reason based on his speed at assessing all things science to think he won't deduce that in like a second or two) that'll be ripped off or damaged otherwise in the first move or two.

Spock wins.

* yes that was the genesis of a pun in the making.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-22290-Adventure-Time-Now-Kiss-gif-kHFx.gif http://i.imgur.com/ChAYNOV.jpg

focus4chumps
hypocrisy is rampant in this thread.

TheGodKiller
I extended an invitation to continue the conversation via PM: an invitation that was clearly declined. I did not continue that conversation with him, anymore.
If you're talking about me, I'd like to point out the PM invitation was only limited to the backseat modding portion of our argument, and at no other point did you actually try to avoid the discussion until you were forced off it because of my equally super-sized replies.

dadudemon
If you're talking about me, I'd like to point out the PM invitation was only limited to the backseat modding portion of our argument,

That's sort of true, but not really. We were talking about the backseat modding.

But my PM box is still open if you wish to continue the discussion.

and at no other point did you actually try to avoid the discussion until you were forced off it because of my equally super-sized replies.

Incorrect. I deemed you a troll with no substance and undeserving of my time and attention. If you still wish to continue the conversation and were not trolling, send me a PM. That holds true at any time I choose to ignore a shitpost and will always hold true.

focus4chumps
ddm you ridiculous attention starved ass.

your life must really suck.

should i PM that to you or are we good?

dadudemon
ddm you ridiculous attention starved ass.

your life must really suck.

What's the matter, are you not getting enough attention from me?

*hugs*

It's okay.

should i PM that to you or are we good?

No thanks. After receiving this PM, I don't want anymore from you:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/PMScreenshots.png

Silent Master
You know, if you really wanted to take the discussion to PM's...wouldn't it have made more sense to have PM'd them your responses instead of posting them in the thread?

focus4chumps
You know, if you really wanted to take the discussion to PM's...wouldn't it have made more sense to have PM'd them your responses instead of posting them in the thread?

are you actually asking the same pathetic man-infant who just spliced PM screencaps to prove he has homoerotic feelings for me?

Silent Master
The white borders are kind of a give away that the pic has been shopped.

focus4chumps
its actually quite a few months old. (he showed me via PM as some weird way-too-friendly threat).

i guess in his mind he had some damocles sword over me.

dadudemon

No.

If you want the detailed explanation, PM me and I will send it to you (I have it in a word document already typed up).

are you actually asking the same pathetic man-infant who just spliced PM screencaps to prove he has homoerotic feelings for me?

The white borders are kind of a give away that the pic has been shopped.

The white borders are due to it being two screenshots in one: the first is the message in my inbox showing that it was from focus and the second is the content of the PM. The screen shot came from MS Word where I pasted both of those snips to get them both in one shot (Windows Snipping tool rocks).

focus4chumps
pathetic.

Mindset
What's the matter, are you not getting enough attention from me?

*hugs*

It's okay.

No thanks. After receiving this PM, I don't want anymore from you:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z238/dadudemon/PMScreenshots.png lmao

focus4chumps
oh and ddm, you should have amended the post date.

"Jan 3, 2012"

lol @ 21 months of butthurt. you sad pathetic man-infant.

dadudemon
oh and ddm, you should have amended the post date.

"Jan 3, 2012"

lol @ 21 months of butthurt. you sad pathetic man-infant.

Why would I amend the post date? I just left it at the time it arrived and pasted it into Word with the Windows Snipping Tool.

Did you forget how long ago you sent that, or something?

focus4chumps
this has been your most pathetic performance yet, ddm.df

1ytCEuuW2_A&autoplay=1

dadudemon
this has been your most pathetic performance yet, ddm.df

1ytCEuuW2_A&autoplay=1

Repeat it more and maybe you'll believe it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>