..... Thanos Vs Swamp-Thing .....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..

Fight takes place on Dcnu Earth

Thanos

Vs

Swamp-Thing

guy222
Not Swampy

TheGodKiller
Swamp-Thing wins.

guy222
Tell me how friend. Only version I would give a win a God ST

SquallX
Originally posted by guy222

laughing

zopzop
thumb up

Thanos stomps this overrated weed.

guy222
Huh stick out tongue

Supermex
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

Thanos stomps this overrated weed.

LoL

Uriel005
Parliament of trees ST would take it. A well written baseline Swamp Thing pre DCnU was generally teambuster when he appears outside of single character titles. Furthermore pre DCnU he's pretty much directly contrary to Thanos being the Avatar of Death if you think about it. Honestly baseline vs baseline I think this is a pretty even fight edging out to Swampthing just because his durability is up to par with thanos and his regen/ability to reconstitute himself out of any available fauna gives him an edge. His power output is nothing to sneer at either iirc he punked superman when he was overloaded on sun amps which generally puts him into the trans tier IMO (sun-dip for extended periods that is if you consider that baseline superman is still top tier for heralds).

pym-ftw
Thanos

guy222
Yes

carver9
Thanos stomps.

guy222
Ats right

Golgo13
Swamp thing.

Supermex
Originally posted by Golgo13
Swamp thing.

Why would/how Swampy beat Thanos in this fight?

Glorificus
Thanos stomps.

guy222
Trufh

Golgo13
Trufh

How is thanos going to stomp someone who can hold his own against anton arcane?

Diesldude
Originally posted by Golgo13
How is thanos going to stomp someone who can hold his own against anton arcane?

Originally posted by carver9
Who?

abhilegend
Swampy wins.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Supermex
Why would/how Swampy beat Thanos in this fight? I would ask the same of Thanos.... Your talking about a character capable of punking a sun-amped superman at his baseline... He's also dealt with beings that have wrecked the Specter. I'll see if I can't dig up the scans but at baseline let alone Parliament of Trees backed and up Swamp Thing in his own titles is safely trans tier IMO. He is perfectly suited to counter Thanos. He is literally plant life in the universe. He's got advanced soul manips, physical strength and durability out the wazoo. Lets not forget outright elemental manipulations as well as the fact that he could kill thanos from within and I don't see Thanos doing much to stop that short of force fielding every piece of living matter in his body that is technically foreign. So he better not have eaten anything in the past month or so and he better have killed everything in his system by flushing it with pure alcohol or some space cure-all. And again Swamp Thing is on par with Specter for otherworldy spirit combat and I don't see Thanos on that level.

abhilegend
When did Swampy punk superman?

Uriel005
Originally posted by abhilegend
When did Swampy punk superman? Superman had an overdose of sun amp, wasn't All-Star, driving him ape shit. Don't remember the issue I just remember Swamp Thing telling him to calm his ass down and straight up catching a sun amp rage roided superman GTFO punch dead stop and then helping the poor lad.

Edit: Think it was a late 90's run if that helps god my memory is terrible for specific arcs. Hope that helps I'll see if I can't find a scan of it floating around.

Badabing
Groot beat Thanos with 1 punch. Swamp Thing >>> Groot. Thanos loses. thumb up

Endless Mike
Current ST loses. Pre-reboot wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Uriel005
Superman had an overdose of sun amp, wasn't All-Star, driving him ape shit. Don't remember the issue I just remember Swamp Thing telling him to calm his ass down and straight up catching a sun amp rage roided superman GTFO punch dead stop and then helping the poor lad.

Edit: Think it was a late 90's run if that helps god my memory is terrible for specific arcs. Hope that helps I'll see if I can't find a scan of it floating around.
It wasn't sun amped superman. It was pre-crisis superman who was nearly dead at that point because of a kryptonian virus. Its one of the best superman stories written by great Alan Moore in DC comics presents 85.

Uriel005
Originally posted by abhilegend
It wasn't sun amped superman. It was pre-crisis superman who was nearly dead at that point because of a kryptonian virus. Its one of the best superman stories written by great Alan Moore in DC comics presents 85. Not the one I'm thinking of. or I'm messing up events in my head either way would be a lot easier if I had access to my collection at the moment... stupid university let me go back to my collection...

abhilegend
I don't recall any other instance.

deathslash
Swamp Thing wins, but it won't be easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.