name some of the biggest plot holes EVER

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iscaremonkeys
Name biggest plot holes of all time.
Transformers 2 revenge of the fallen-
megatron Defeats basically kills optimus prime. His master,The Fallen can only be beaten by a prime.....SO IF MEGATRON......WHO JUST FREAKING KILLED OPTIMUS PRIME. AND THE FALLEN CAN ONLY BE BEATEN BY A PRIME WOULDENT THAT MAKE MEGATRON MORE POWERFULL? COULDENT HE JUST GET THE DECEPTICONS AND KILL EVERYONE STARTING WITH SAM?

Also at the end of the dark knight rises NOOOOOOOBODY notices that bruce wayne is alive? THE HELL?

jinXed by JaNx
The transformers movies seem to consist of nothing but plot holes.

steverules_2
Watch Star Wars...the plot holes are strong with the prequel and BTTF

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by steverules_2
Watch Star Wars...the plot holes are strong with the prequel and BTTF dat avatar eek! NEVER CHANGE IT!
oh like a new hope? where the skywalker family tree is supposed to be secret yet luke and Anakin have the same frigging last name?

more Transformers plot hole. ( if you haven't noticed I hated 2)

Jetfire, , is able to teleport No other transformers in the franchise is able to teleport. No explanation is given to WHY he has this power; he just has it...really?......are you serious?

only a Prime can beat the Fallen. Then why is it that , there were 8 Primes that could have destroyed him in the past but chose to melt all their bodies in order to create a cave to protect the matrix of leadership???

Megatron comes back to life because of an AllSpark cube's shard. In the last movie, the AllSpark cube is what caused him to die. If now the cube's shards revive robots, why wasn't the second shard used on Optimus Prime?

DONT GET ME STARTED ON X-Men: The Last Stand. THAT WAS PLOT HOLE AFTER PLOT HOLE AFTER PLOT HOLE

COG Veteran
The T-Rex attack scene in Jurassic Park. One moment its a cage where the goat and Rex are then in the next scenes its a 300 foot drop to the forest floor below.

Esau Cairn
Nolan?
Dark Knight!!???
Plot holes?????

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Nephthys
Back to the Future - How come no one ever recognised that Marty looks exactly like 'Calvin Klein' from the past? Did his dad never suspect Marty wasn't his? Wtf would his mum think?

Minority Report - Not a single prediction is ever right. Since the cops always stop the murders. If they actually predicted the future properly, they'd predict the people getting arrested, not committing murders.

Citizen Kane - How did anyone hear Kanes final words when no-one was in the room to hear them?

The Lion King - How the **** did Scar screw up so badly that the kingdom became a wasteland? Does the Lion King control the elements?

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - The Bride rips out Bucks tongue then sits in his truck for 13 hours. Did noone find the corpse? Did they not think to look for her? Did they not think to check the car park or look inside the gaudiest car in the country?

Ocean's Eleven - How did the fake money get into the vault? Theres never an opportunity to get the fake money into there. The whole twist of the robbery makes no goddamn sense.

Superman II - Superman gives up his powers in the Fortress of Solitude. In the North Pole. How the hell did he and Lois get back to civilization?

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - How did the Trex kill everyone on the boat when its still inside the cargo hold?

Batman - How did the Jokers men follow Batman to the top of the bell tower after the stairs had been destroyed?

The Godfather: Part II - Who killed the assassins? Fredo is a sniveling pussy, how did he kill two assassins by himself? Were there other traitors?

Mindset
Originally posted by Nephthys
Back to the Future - How come no one ever recognised that Marty looks exactly like 'Calvin Klein' from the past? Did his dad never suspect Marty wasn't his? Wtf would his mum think?

Minority Report - Not a single prediction is ever right. Since the cops always stop the murders. If they actually predicted the future properly, they'd predict the people getting arrested, not committing murders.

Citizen Kane - How did anyone hear Kanes final words when no-one was in the room to hear them?

The Lion King - How the **** did Scar screw up so badly that the kingdom became a wasteland? Does the Lion King control the elements?

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - The Bride rips out Bucks tongue then sits in his truck for 13 hours. Did noone find the corpse? Did they not think to look for her? Did they not think to check the car park or look inside the gaudiest car in the country?

Ocean's Eleven - How did the fake money get into the vault? Theres never an opportunity to get the fake money into there. The whole twist of the robbery makes no goddamn sense.

Superman II - Superman gives up his powers in the Fortress of Solitude. In the North Pole. How the hell did he and Lois get back to civilization?

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - How did the Trex kill everyone on the boat when its still inside the cargo hold?

Batman - How did the Jokers men follow Batman to the top of the bell tower after the stairs had been destroyed?

The Godfather: Part II - Who killed the assassins? Fredo is a sniveling pussy, how did he kill two assassins by himself? Were there other traitors? http://www.evolveinc.com/modules/evolvecms/upload/9cef162d_history-channel-alien-guy-meme-generator-aliens-98f63b.jpeg

Esau Cairn

Where did you get 13 hours from???

I'd say anywhere from 40 mins to 2 hours max for the Bride to have rested & get her legs working again.
She wanted to escape...the hell she'd stay for 13 hours.

Kazenji

KingD19
Pacific Rim - Why in the f*ck did Mako think it was a good idea to wait to inform Raleigh that they had 2 gigantic wrist blades that could carve through Kaiju flesh like a hot knife through butter?

Sacred 117
According to a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory, Raiders of the Lost Ark supposedly has a massive plot hole. It's been forever since I've actually seen it, so I can't confirm or deny this.

Apparently, Indie is a complete non-factor to the outcome of the story. With or without him, the Nazis would have found The Ark, and they would've died just the same.

If anyone would wish to clarify this (looks at COG Veteran), please do so.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
Also at the end of the dark knight rises NOOOOOOOBODY notices that bruce wayne is alive? THE HELL?

I think this can reasonably be explained by the fact that he was a hermit for eight years, and Batman's death seemed like a bigger deal. IMO, it makes sense that people would overlook that since they're not exactly expecting an appearance from Wayne. Especially after losing the entirety of his fortune. It's no surprise his "passing" would be overshadowed by Batman's.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by Sacred 117
According to a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory, Raiders of the Lost Ark supposedly has a massive plot hole. It's been forever since I've actually seen it, so I can't confirm or deny this.

Apparently, Indie is a complete non-factor to the outcome of the story. With or without him, the Nazis would have found The Ark, and they would've died just the same.

If anyone would wish to clarify this (looks at COG Veteran), please do so.

Not exactly a plot hole, it's really focused on Jones who gets caught up in all this sh!t. Plus this film was the introduction of a historic character. If anything he helped prevent that relic from being taken by more nazis and unleashed in allied territory.

Impediment
The Dark Knight Rises had more holes in the plot than a wheel of Swiss cheese.

ares834
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

I'd say anywhere from 40 mins to 2 hours max for the Bride to have rested & get her legs working again.

Pretty sure it says 13 hours later in the film.

Nephthys

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/1/5/9/156159_v1.jpg

COG Veteran

Ouch.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Not exactly a plot hole, it's really focused on Jones who gets caught up in all this sh!t. Plus this film was the introduction of a historic character. If anything he helped prevent that relic from being taken by more nazis and unleashed in allied territory.

Ah. OK. That makes much more sense.

Another. In The Avengers, how did Thor know where to find the Tesseract at the start of the invasion. He had no prior knowledge of it, and he never got a chance to find out.

Esau Cairn

Oh a black box with "Thirteen hours later."

I honestly don't remember the time span.

Badabing
Originally posted by Mindset
http://www.evolveinc.com/modules/evolvecms/upload/9cef162d_history-channel-alien-guy-meme-generator-aliens-98f63b.jpeg That crazy ancient aliens guy with the weirdo hair. laughing out loud

Kazenji
Ah. OK. That makes much more sense.

Another. In The Avengers, how did Thor know where to find the Tesseract at the start of the invasion. He had no prior knowledge of it, and he never got a chance to find out.

Wasn't there something, Along the lines of the machine needed alot of power to run and everything pointed to the Stark building.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wasn't there something, Along the lines of the machine needed alot of power to run and everything pointed to the Stark building.

Thor was pretty well ignorant of all of that. Once the cube was located, Banner was the only one who got to see it, and Thor definitely wasn't simply smart enough to find it on his own.

Esau Cairn
I still maintain the biggest plot hole is how a bankrupted Bruce Wayne with no money or ID on him is able to get back to Gotham from the Pit.

We're talking about a billionaire who is framed & shamed on a worldwide level for destroying Wayne Industries so he would be persona non grata not matter where he went for help. And even if he did have secret funds in various worldwide banks, without proper ID you're not going to have access to them at all.

Sacred 117
I still maintain the biggest plot hole is how a bankrupted Bruce Wayne with no money or ID on him is able to get back to Gotham from the Pit.

We're talking about a billionaire who is framed & shamed on a worldwide level for destroying Wayne Industries so he would be persona non grata not matter where he went for help. And even if he did have secret funds in various worldwide banks, without proper ID you're not going to have access to them at all.

Because he's the ***damn Batman?

I actually had a refined explanation for this, but I've since then forgot it. Perhaps he could have been a stowaway again? I mean, he did it when he was a noob in Batman Begins, so it's not like it would be difficult for him now.

BruceSkywalker

lol...

plot holes are their to make people think.. but..............................................................................................

Nephthys
A bigger plot hole is when did he have time to amend his will to leave Robin that map to the Batcave. At what point did Bruce Wayne leave that will? When Bruce's will is being read, the lawyer dude specifically states that it "was not amended to reflect his more modest estate." That means he hadn't touched it since he lost all his money, which happened right at the start of the action in the film, when he barely knew Blake. He hadn't even seen the guy throw a punch at that point.

Another one -

The Matrix - How did Cipher plug himself into and then get out of the Matrix in order to meet up with that Agent, by himself? You need a guy to pull the plug out for you. Its impossible for him to have done that unless like, Cipher was the One all along and Morpheus was full of shit.

dadudemon
A bigger plot hole is when did he have time to amend his will to leave Robin that map to the Batcave. At what point did Bruce Wayne leave that will? When Bruce's will is being read, the lawyer dude specifically states that it "was not amended to reflect his more modest estate." That means he hadn't touched it since he lost all his money, which happened right at the start of the action in the film, when he barely knew Blake. He hadn't even seen the guy throw a punch at that point.

You can amend portions of your will. So, while he may have added "Robin" at the last moment to his will, he probably didn't amend the rest of it. Prolly in a hurry.

Another one -

The Matrix - How did Cipher plug himself into and then get out of the Matrix in order to meet up with that Agent, by himself? You need a guy to pull the plug out for you. Its impossible for him to have done that unless like, Cipher was the One all along and Morpheus was full of shit.

He was working with the machines. We see in the third movie that the machines can plug people into and out of the matrix just like they did with Neo for his final fight with Smith.

Esau Cairn
Because he's the ***damn Batman?

I actually had a refined explanation for this, but I've since then forgot it. Perhaps he could have been a stowaway again? I mean, he did it when he was a noob in Batman Begins, so it's not like it would be difficult for him now.

The Goddamn Batman theory doesn't work because Bane took everything away from him. Bruce Wayne climbed out of the bit with literally nothing but the clothes he wore. No access to any money whatsoever much less a Bat costume.

I mean honestly why would Nolan go to all the trouble of having Bruce framed for Wayne Industries' collapse with the stock exchange, shaming him in public, show a scene where Wayne Manor gets its electricity cut off just so that the audience can go, *wink wink* "he's the goddamn Batman."

As far as stowing away as a noob in Begins...he was still a rich noob with access to his inheritance.

BruceSkywalker
The Goddamn Batman theory doesn't work because Bane took everything away from him. Bruce Wayne climbed out of the bit with literally nothing but the clothes he wore. No access to any money whatsoever much less a Bat costume.

I mean honestly why would Nolan go to all the trouble of having Bruce framed for Wayne Industries' collapse with the stock exchange, shaming him in public, show a scene where Wayne Manor gets its electricity cut off just so that the audience can go, *wink wink* "he's the goddamn Batman."

As far as stowing away as a noob in Begins...he was still a rich noob with access to his inheritance.

actually it works perfectly.. you keep on forgetting the type of person bruce wayne is.. he obviously had clothes stashed away.. b...b...but he did have a batsuit.. hahahahaha but i guess that was flesh colored clothing he wore during the third act.. hahahahahaha

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
he obviously had clothes stashed away.. b...b...but he did have a batsuit.. hahahahaha but i guess that was flesh colored clothing he wore during the third act.. hahahahahaha

Yeah I must've missed that deleted scene where Bruce finally climbs out of the pit....lifts a rock up & there's his secret stash of clothes & credit cards. Hell, that was lucky considering he didn't even know where he was taken or what country the pit was located in.

Yes, Bruce spent year one roaming the world stashing clothes & money under rocks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

BruceSkywalker
Yeah I must've missed that deleted scene where Bruce finally climbs out of the pit....lifts a rock up & there's his secret stash of clothes & credit cards. Hell, that was lucky considering he didn't even know where he was taken or what country the pit was located in.

Yes, Bruce spent year one roaming the world stashing clothes & money under rocks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lolololol

perhaps you should learn to pay attention, i did and things are easily explained, but i will let someone else explain it to you and hopefully you will understand

iscaremonkeys

The Godfather: Part II - Who killed the assassins? Fredo is a sniveling pussy, how did he kill two assassins by himself? Were there other traitors? Daum
as far as the lion king that would be an awesome power.
X-men last stand biggest plot hole for me was
After everything is said and done, Magneto is not in prison at the end of the movie. he killed like 6 billion lives. hes like Omega death hitler. yet no punishment.....at all

jinXed by JaNx

Out of all of the Plot holes in that movie you choose that? I wouldn't call it a plot hole. It just simply wasn't explained. A plot hole in my mind is something that, even with explanation makes no since or contradicts already established plot points.

A little imagination, I think works for your problem. Wayne is super resourceful. He lived without money during the most important years of his training in the league of shadows.

I'm surprised that you feel this is a bigger plot hole than Bruce Wayne healing from a compound back fracture with no medical attention what so ever. Yea, he needs a brace for a bum ankle but a few yoga stretches are good enough to cure what should have been a fatal back injury.

FrothByte
Pacific Rim - after the EMP blast, how were there hellicopters left to fly Gipsy out to the sea?

TDKR - that movie was full of plot holes. Probably the most plot-hole ridden movie I've seen in the last decade. Other than the ones noted above, I think the worst one is that Wayne is nearly a cripple in one leg, needing a robotic brace to move. Yet once his back is repaired (another plot hole there) his knee just magically heals as well.

MOS - that whole death scene of Jonathan Kent. Not necessarily a plot hole, just... bad.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by FrothByte
Pacific Rim - after the EMP blast, how were there hellicopters left to fly Gipsy out to the sea?

TDKR - that movie was full of plot holes. Probably the most plot-hole ridden movie I've seen in the last decade. Other than the ones noted above, I think the worst one is that Wayne is nearly a cripple in one leg, needing a robotic brace to move. Yet once his back is repaired (another plot hole there) his knee just magically heals as well.

MOS - that whole death scene of Jonathan Kent. Not necessarily a plot hole, just... bad.
TDKR wasent a plot hole. That was just the Goddamn batman doing what the GODDAMN BATMAN DOES

GI Joe Rise of Cobra: Duke felt responsible for the death of his fiancee's brother and never attended his funeral... or talked to his fiancee ever again................wow your a really likeable protagonist

Tzeentch._
How did Superman not disintegrate Lois Lane's lower torso with the force of his ejaculation in Superman 2?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Out of all of the Plot holes in that movie you choose that? I wouldn't call it a plot hole. It just simply wasn't explained. A plot hole in my mind is something that, even with explanation makes no since or contradicts already established plot points.

A little imagination, I think works for your problem. Wayne is super resourceful. He lived without money during the most important years of his training in the league of shadows.

I'm surprised that you feel this is a bigger plot hole than Bruce Wayne healing from a compound back fracture with no medical attention what so ever. Yea, he needs a brace for a bum ankle but a few yoga stretches are good enough to cure what should have been a fatal back injury.

Yes, I would've liked to have seen maybe just a 5 minute montage of how Bruce got back to Gotham, using his resources, gaining both his strength & mindset to face Bane again. See Bruce maybe training in a cargo ship's hold pushing through the pain of his back....INSTEAD of just turning up at Gotham where his 1st priority is to chat up Selina.

Yes, I understand Bruce is "super resourceful" but there's no point or comparison to his early years of being trained by the LOS. It's naturally assumed they fed & housed him, therefore he had no need for money as long as he stayed loyal to them.

As far as Bruce's fast healing from a compound back fracture & bum ankle... yeah well the worse alternative was a nurse with magical healing powers like in the comics.

Dr Will Hatch
Bruce had survived on his own without anyone noticing who he was for almost seven years by that point, depending on how long LOS training takes. For somebody that resourceful, he could have stashed shit away or found contacts that we don't know about to help him out.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
For somebody that resourceful, he could have stashed shit away or found contacts that we don't know about to help him out.

Point being, Bruce was essentially kidnapped after Bane broke him & taken to the pit. Bruce had no idea whatsoever what part of the world he was being held, so it's silly to say he had shit stashed away.

Now for arguments' sake, the distance between Beirut & LA is 7458 miles or 6481 nautical miles....that kinda screams BIG PLOT HOLE on how Bruce got back to Gotham so fast, with a time bomb ticking & still have time to flirt with Selina, save Gordon & make a giant flaming bat insignia.

Sacred 117
Point being, Bruce was essentially kidnapped after Bane broke him & taken to the pit. Bruce had no idea whatsoever what part of the world he was being held, so it's silly to say he had shit stashed away.

Now for arguments' sake, the distance between Beirut & LA is 7458 miles or 6481 nautical miles....that kinda screams BIG PLOT HOLE on how Bruce got back to Gotham so fast, with a time bomb ticking & still have time to flirt with Selina, save Gordon & make a giant flaming bat insignia.

Was there ever actually a designated timeframe for that scene? I can't specifically recall one.

Esau Cairn
The time frame was a ticking time bomb that Bruce/Batman had no idea whatsoever when it was triggered or due to explode.

Sacred 117
I'm talking about how much time there was between his departure from Beirut and his return to Gotham.

BruceSkywalker

lol you do know that when someone is completely broke, that person really isn't because their is still some sort of assets.. you are also forgetting that Bruce was allowed to stay in Wayne Manor so he is able to shower, shave and a clean set of clothes..

actually no, you see i guess you have never heard of a learjet which would easily get Bruce back quickly, with plenty of time to set things up.. also common sense tells people especially who pay attention that time constraints were in play and Nolan wasn't going to waste time explaining things

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
How did Superman not disintegrate Lois Lane's lower torso with the force of his ejaculation in Superman 2? kryptonian condoms or he pulled out and shot the sky like hancock did

Esau Cairn

also common sense tells people especially who pay attention that time constraints were in play and Nolan wasn't going to waste time explaining things

Nolan had no concept whatsoever of time in TDKR.

Notice the henchmen take over the Stock Exchange around lunch time, escape soon after on their bikes (HOW THE HELL THEY STASH TRAIL BIKES INSIDE THE STOCK EXCHANGE IS YET ANOTHER PLOT HOLE)....then Bats joins the chase only to EMP their bikes LATE AT NIGHT.

So from mid-afternoon to late evening, that's the longest chase ever!

BruceSkywalker
Nolan had no concept whatsoever of time in TDKR.

Notice the henchmen take over the Stock Exchange around lunch time, escape soon after on their bikes (HOW THE HELL THEY STASH TRAIL BIKES INSIDE THE STOCK EXCHANGE IS YET ANOTHER PLOT HOLE)....then Bats joins the chase only to EMP their bikes LATE AT NIGHT.

So from mid-afternoon to late evening, that's the longest chase ever!

lol.. you really should pay attention.. its blatantly obvious..

it wasn;t really lunch time being that the sun was going down and night fall happening.. jeez stashing bikes inside so easy.. hahahahahaha.... he is BATMAN AFTER ALL WITH THE LATEST TECH SO IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE USES THE EMP AT NIGHT OR DURING THE DAY...

jinXed by JaNx
Yes, I would've liked to have seen maybe just a 5 minute montage of how Bruce got back to Gotham, using his resources, gaining both his strength & mindset to face Bane again. See Bruce maybe training in a cargo ship's hold pushing through the pain of his back....INSTEAD of just turning up at Gotham where his 1st priority is to chat up Selina.

Yes, I understand Bruce is "super resourceful" but there's no point or comparison to his early years of being trained by the LOS. It's naturally assumed they fed & housed him, therefore he had no need for money as long as he stayed loyal to them.

As far as Bruce's fast healing from a compound back fracture & bum ankle... yeah well the worse alternative was a nurse with magical healing powers like in the comics.

I would have preferred more focus on his back injury but im not saying I wouldn't have appreciated a bit more explanation on how he returned to, Gotham but the movie was already to long I think that would have just slowed it down even more. I don't think we really needed to see, Bruce riding on a plane to to the closest city to, Gotham.

Esau Cairn
lol.. you really should pay attention.. its blatantly obvious..

it wasn;t really lunch time being that the sun was going down and night fall happening..

It's a laugh you telling me to pay attention...
From memory there was a guy delivering sandwiches...I can't recall if it was one of Bane's henchmen in disguise....kinda establishing that it was lunch time...y'know give or take 12 noon.

BruceSkywalker
It's a laugh you telling me to pay attention...
From memory there was a guy delivering sandwiches...I can't recall if it was one of Bane's henchmen in disguise....kinda establishing that it was lunch time...y'know give or take 12 noon.

lol... people eat sandwiches for dinner... second time clearly passes so it becomes night fall.. ya'know common sense, use it sometimes it does wonders

Esau Cairn
Sandwiches for dinner, mysterious lear jets & easily stashing bikes in the stock exchange.

Christ that Nolan is a genius!

BruceSkywalker
Sandwiches for dinner, mysterious lear jets & easily stashing bikes in the stock exchange.

Christ that Nolan is a genius!

yes he is and there is not a damn thing you can do about it except keep showing your hatred for the man.. so keep crying..

Like I said Nolan wasn't going to show Bruce get on a learjet and fly into Gotham..

You claim to love and know everything there is to know about Batman than extrapolate (providing you even know what that word means) that knowledge for once and use common sense as well..

People actually do eat sandwiches for dinner but you have never heard of breakfast or even lunch for dinner hahahahahahahahaha

Esau Cairn

People actually do eat sandwiches for dinner but you have never heard of breakfast or even lunch for dinner hahahahahahahahaha

It's finally dawned on me that I've been arguing with a special needs kid all this time... embarrasment

BruceSkywalker
It's finally dawned on me that I've been arguing with a special needs kid all this time... embarrasment

nah your the one with that, not I.. you are the one who can't comprehend anything at all... your Nolan hate consumes you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.