Darth Malak vs Darth Traya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Who wins this Knights of the Old Republic antagonist face off?

Darth Malak fully amped with the power of the Star Forge and the eight Jedi Knights, as seen in the ending of Knights of the Old Republic.
-or-
Darth Traya fully amped from the Dark Side nexus of Malchor V, as seem in the ending of Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

Who wins in Lightsaber combat, Force abilities, and all out?

Nephthys
Traya would win in a straight fight imo, but if Malak has the power of all those Jedi then I don't really know what that means.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malak is the better duelist, Traya is the better force user, and I guess Malak all-out. Traya was defeated by the inferior Meetra Surik, this would suggest a failure in tactical acumen, something i'm sure Malak doesn't lack. Malak may have been defeated by Revan, however Revan>Meetra.

Allankles
Meetra is the better tactician by their histories. So if Traya fell to Meetra then it would be more likely because Meetra had surpassed Traya than because of any weakness in Traya herself. Remember Meetra was at a different level at that time, and would likely have never shown that form again, maybe not up until the Vittiate encounter.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Actually, in an encyclopedia it says that Traya was stronger, but Meetra still prevailed.

Allankles
It is somewhat obvious that Tray is more powerful. She wtf pwned 3 of the toughest Jedi masters in the council, but that doesn't mean she was a match for Meetra in battle.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
She couldn't drain Meetra since she's a wound in the force. And those 3 masters aren't particularly impressive tbh.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malak is the better duelist, Traya is the better force user, and I guess Malak all-out. Traya was defeated by the inferior Meetra Surik, this would suggest a failure in tactical acumen, something i'm sure Malak doesn't lack. Malak may have been defeated by Revan, however Revan>Meetra.

1. Malak is noted as being a strategic and tactical child compared to the likes of Revan or the Exile. G0-T0 says as much, either in cut-for-time content or vanilla KotOR.

2. Traya pretty much couldn't use her Drain on Meetra, which was a large part of how she destroyed others in previous fights. She was always shown to be wise, cunning, and manipulative, capable of incredible Force powers. However, she's not shown being a great duelist; Sion disarms her in one swipe. Granted, Sion is a Jedi exterminator, but it's still a low-showing. She did use three blades via TK, which is something unreplicated as far as I know, but whether or not Meetra defeated her through good fortune, superior skill with a blade, or Traya/Kreia threw the fight is unclear.

3. These Jedi Masters deserve more credit than you're giving them. Kavar is noted as being a famed war hero, master of multiple saber forms including Niman, and Force stunned an entire crowd with a gesture(something we don't see of say, Mace Windu or Dooku). Kavar has notoriety among the Mandalorians, who only respect strength and martial ability. Vrook and Kel both were masters of higher forms, had Force sever abilities, and the former was a strike team leader many times in the comics.

They are not elite mooks, but display saber mastery and Force mastery on par with or superior to most of the Jedi Council in the PT era. I'd rank them just below Mace in context (because his saber mastery in particular is prodigious) although their Force mastery might be superior, but definitely above the likes of Obi-Wan.

NewGuy01
Giga-Drain.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
super-effective?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
However, she's not shown being a great duelist; Sion disarms her in one swipe. Granted, Sion is a Jedi exterminator, but it's still a low-showing.

I believe her ability to use the Force was still diminshed at that point. Though it should be noted that in deleted scenes she claims to have let Sion cut off her hand to teach him a lesson when she pwns him easily despite it to show him that 'your power is as meaningless as the strength in my hand.'

3. These Jedi Masters deserve more credit than you're giving them. Kavar is noted as being a famed war hero, master of multiple saber forms including Niman, and Force stunned an entire crowd with a gesture(something we don't see of say, Mace Windu or Dooku). Kavar has notoriety among the Mandalorians, who only respect strength and martial ability. Vrook and Kel both were masters of higher forms, had Force sever abilities, and the former was a strike team leader many times in the comics.

Vrook also stuns a room of people after you 'rescue' him.

Zett
Meetra (who defeated Traya, Nihilus and Sion) along with Scorgue would be own by Nyriss if not Revan's help. Both, Revan and Nyriss were one league above her at best. But I suspect, that it was more then just one league.
Malak with SF's power was the only guy from KOTORs, who might be able to equally fights Revan.

Imo Sith Lords from KOTOR 2 are far overrated.

Mizukage Yoda
Malak takes this in my opinion. He and Revan seem to be pretty close in power, + Malak was stated alongside Revan to be the most talented knights of the Order.

A testament to Malak's power is that he was dubbed a Darth by the Emperor himself, and tasked along with Revan to locate the Star Forge. That's an assignment that would likely only be tasked to a Dark Council Member or the Emperor's own powerbase.

I don't think he's as far from Revan as people think. Probably around Nyriss in power, with the Star Forge boost he's nigh Revan's equal.

The_Tempest
They are not elite mooks, but display saber mastery and Force mastery on par with or superior to most of the Jedi Council in the PT era. I'd rank them just below Mace in context (because his saber mastery in particular is prodigious) although their Force mastery might be superior, but definitely above the likes of Obi-Wan.

http://omgcutethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/daily-giggle-310-09072013.gif

The way you evaluate evidence and form conclusions is truly breathtaking and I'd like to thank you for taking the time to display your gift.

That said, Professor, could you please explain in more vivid detail why being respected by Mandalorians, leading a strike team, and silencing a crowd all bring one just shy of Mace Windu and "definitely" above Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Petrus
There's a clear member division here...

PT vs. KotoR/ToR

So amusing.

Allankles
By the way, all these guys were masters, their 'force level' has already been displayed, they can sever connections from the force, they can also stun groups of combatants without them having a chance.

They are clearly above Obi Wan who often times didn't have a force power in him to end a conflict without blood.

Allankles
But as Jedi go I still respect Obi more, he at least tried to atone with Luke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.