2nd Emperor's Wrath vs. Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who wins? Takes place in the Death Star Throne Room.

Intrepid37
Feats for Wrath?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's received decent accolades, like: "People talk about you like you're the next coming of Exar Kun."

He's defeated multiple dark council members (Darth Baras, Darth Vengean, and Darth Ekkage). In the fight with Darth Vengean Draahg is helping you, however at the end of the fight he credits the kill as yours, which leads me to believe the Wrath did most of the work. against Ekkage, she one-shots a sith lord just before fighting you, and in this fight you are helped by some jedi master. Against baras, you fight him by yourself, and Baras is being amped by a sith entity (which some speculate to be Traya) and Sel Makor (an extremely powerful entity, powerful enough to trap the emperor himself). At this point Baras is considered "nigh indestructible."

The Wrath also defeated the Emperor's Voice on Voss while the voice was possessed by Sel Makor. being the Emperor's Wrath he was ahead of every single dark council member except maybe Nox, who is kind of an anomaly.

Petrus
I think Revan takes this.

This is what I don't like about the game . Thanks to Flashpoints, the power of certain invidivuals becomes a little harder to analyze. While both have very good feats , the fact that it took them two plus the bounty hunter and the agent of the story to defeat Malgus and Revan is kinda stupid. This only makes their opponents extremely overpowered and leaves you questioning how truly powerful these two individuals really are.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Problem: Realistically prime Nox/Wrath would solo Malgus. If you really think about it, they (Republic/Empire) don't want to take any chances, so they send a strike team consisting of the best of the best. Plus considering in flashpoints you basically have to fight through an army. It becomes simple to answer when you consider the HoT defeated the Emperor, who is quite a ways above Malgus.

Petrus
But there are times when Malgus overowers the strike team. You really think Nox/Wrath would solo Malgus/Revan in the FP?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, and the HoT gets thrown around by Tol Braga a bit at the very start of their fight. Does that mean Braga is more powerful/almost equal in power?

Petrus
No, which is confusing as to why Flashpoints are canon in the way they are. It should be different, I don't know. I mean, maybe you're right and Nox/Wrath would beat Malgus, but I just hate contradictive stuff happening in the same game.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's because I doubt just Nox/Wrath could: Get on the station, solo an entire army (which consists of many sith, and bosses like HK-47), get to Malgus, and be in perfect condition to defeat him.

Petrus
Yes, but then again, it's stupid that it canonically took a strike team of the best of the best to take down HK-47...

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It didn't. It does, however, to get to HK-47, defeat him, then fight through another army (which consists of sith and dark honor guards) to get to Malgus and defeat him.

Intrepid37
Revan probably wins.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I say Wrath. He's the best duelist in the Empire, and I don't see Revan taking the Wrath out with his force abilities.

Intrepid37
Yeah you're right. I don't think Revan can keep up with Wrath's skills.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

Yeah tbh Revan's skill set isn't good to combat the Wrath. He'd get thrashed in lightsaber combat, and I don't see him utilizing an offensive ability with enough devastating power to overwhelm the Wrath, other than maybe TK, but I don't see that working in this situation. Revan would fare much better against the likes of Nox.

Petrus
You think? I'd say Nox could take on the Wrath and win it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan would do better against Nox because the former has a better skill set to combat her. Nox isn't too great in saber combat, so Revan won't be overwhelmed there, and Revan might be able to re-direct Nox's lightning. The Wrath doesn't use such abilities.

Nephthys
I'd put Malgus about even with Nox and the Wrath myself, with the Wrath below him by personal preference.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I am inclined to agree.

Petrus
@Nephthys

And where'd you rank Revan compared to the Wrath/Nox?

Nephthys
About the same. Even with Nox, above the Wrath.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Wrath would defeat Revan.

juyomaster34
Revan

ares834
Originally posted by juyomaster34
Revan

Nephthys
Meh, I disagree with the Wrath beating him. Revan can take any force attacks from him and his potent TK or his Light/Dark explosion will be really troublesome for the Wrath to deal with. The Wrath might have an advantage in lightsabers, but Revan would still win imo.

Originally posted by Petrus
But there are times when Malgus overowers the strike team. You really think Nox/Wrath would solo Malgus/Revan in the FP?

There are times when Ventress/Savage throws around Obi-Wan and Anakin as well. That doesn't mean I would say both could beat her solo.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Wrath wins because I don't see Revan releasing a devastating enough attack to beat the Wrath, sans light-dark release which seemed like a one-time thing.

Petrus
I think that the point of those two Flashpoints in TOR is to emphasize how powerful Malgus and Revan actually are. They're basically saying they're so powerful that a strike team made up by the deadliest guys in the Empire is needed to be able to bring them down.

Then again, a strike team was also "needed" to destroy HK-47.

It's so hard to powerscale with these Flashpoints.

Nephthys
True. I'm unsure of how much about it we should pay attention to. We're not even sure a full strike team was sent, though I think if its a 4-man mission we should assume all 4 went imo.

Petrus
And also, that same incredibly deadly 4-man team is "needed" to defeat random bosses from every Flashpoint... So yeah, it's very inconsistent.

I also assume the canon version of FPs is that those 4 always went.

NewGuy01
I don't think Revan could beat the Wrath, personally.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
True. I'm unsure of how much about it we should pay attention to. We're not even sure a full strike team was sent, though I think if its a 4-man mission we should assume all 4 went imo.

True, but it could be said that those 4 men were "needed" to fight through the foundry. It doesn't necessarily mean that all 4 were "needed" to take down Revan. It's quite possible any of them could take him 1 on 1, no? The fact that he was killed by a 4-man party doesn't mean that he's stronger than them all individually.

Nephthys
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.