How many wives does Jesus allow?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am
Part one.

How many wives does Jesus allow?

One or many?

The O.T. that Jesus often quoted allows many wives.

The N. T does not speak against polygamy from what I can see but does promote slavery and tradition says that that would be sex out of marriage. Unless you see Christian slave owners acting differently than the usual slave owner.

How many wives does you particular branch of Christianity or Catholicism and Jesus allow?

Muslims also have a great respect for Jesus and they allow many wives. Should they?

I know that most will say one wife is the ideal. That does not explain why scriptures support the notion of more than one, --- so I would like to hear your opinion as to ----- why not many wives?

If women are to be equal, should they be allowed as many husbands as the men are allowed in wives?

Just so you know, I have only the one wife and do not think I would want more than one,--- but in the Muslin sense, --- would partially accept one, as a duty to her and the tribe, so to speak, --- and would not likely have a real husband type of relation (sexual), with her.

----------------------------------------

Part two.

Along with marriage often time comes divorce.

Jesus basically had a no divorce policy. Let no man put asunder.

Even as he acknowledged that Moses had changed the law thanks to the hard hearts of men.

I see that as an anti-love policy and since more than 60% of Christians divorce, most Christians seem to agree.

Do you?

Regards
DL

Supra
No clue man, I just believe he exists and saved my life more then once.

Shakyamunison
None! Wasn't he gay?

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
None! Wasn't he gay?

Hard to say but if he was real at all and a Jewish Rabbi, and that is what many think, then he traditionally would have needed to be married.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Supra
No clue man, I just believe he exists and saved my life more then once.

Why save you while he allows 10 million or so children under 10 years of age to die of starvation and other preventable causes yearly?

Why are you special to God?

Regards
DL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.