Exar Kun runs a gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XRKun
1. Meetra Surik
2. Dooku
3. Darth Vader (suit)
4. Darth Malgus
5. Satele Shan
6. HoT
7. Darth Bane
8. Yoda
9. Sidious
10. Zonakin

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
stops at HoT. Kun's immensely powerful, but I don't see him beating somebody skilled and powerful enough to defeat Vitiate. also, HoT>Bane.

ares834
How much rest between fights?

XRKun
Originally posted by ares834
How much rest between fights?

Full rest

And HoT beat a weakened Vitiate

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
nah. Neph did a good job of arguing that. Read the HoT respect thread in the EU forum.

ares834
Originally posted by XRKun
Full rest

And HoT beat a weakened Vitiate

8 then IMO. Most of the fights are incredibly difficult and close though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How would the great Exar Kun lose to petty Yoda?

XRKun
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

I consider Kun on Dooku level in sabers. and we all know Yoda is a better saber duelist than Dooku. Its close, but Yoda has slight edges in saber and Force.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
But in a campaign guide he was almost with Revan, the Heart of the force itself.

UltimateAnomaly
Revan is overrated. He basically got stomped by Vitiate once he pissed him off. Taking what Kriea, a master manipulator and pathological liar, said isn't much to go on.

XRKun
But in a campaign guide he was almost with Revan, the Heart of the force itself.

Described as the heart of theForce. Not the heart of the Force. Plus Revan's main good feat was his immense tutaminis ability.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yeah I know, I was just ****in with all yas.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
Revan is overrated. He basically got stomped by Vitiate once he pissed him off. Taking what Kriea, a master manipulator and pathological liar, said isn't much to go on.

Revan was the heart of the Force, while Anakin was a nasty boil on its ass.

ares834

God forbid someone say he beats the HoT.

Stigma
Kun might die anywhere from 2 to 5.

Probably stops at 6. If at 7 it's RoT Bane, Bane probably wins.

Kun dies at 8, 9 and 10, though.

JediMaster97
Dies at 2.

Intrepid37
Beats 1 and 5, loses rest.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t586112.html
and got stomped by Vitiate? Nah my friend, unless you call a 300 year mental war a stomp. -_-

Anyway, losses at Statele.

NewGuy01
None of those feats are really amazing, Ant. He's overrated by a lot.

And that was sortof a stomp, in the actual battle. Sure, Revan's mental capacity is astounding, but that doesn't help him in a fight.

Just look at how it goes:

-Revan charges. Revan gets blown away.
-Revan charges again. His assault is stopped by casual lightning.
-Vitiate attempts to Mind Dominate Revan. Revan Force Pushes him.
-Vitiate blasts some more lightning bolts. Revan evades them, and redirects one. Vitiate gets pissed.
-Vitiate hurls a FLS at Revan. Revan fails to be able to stop it, though he does avoid the brunt of the attack. Nevertheless he's incapacitated by this point.

Not really a close battle at all. When Vitiate got serious, the battle sorta ended.

ares834
Vitiate seemed serious the entire battle. And Revan put him on his ass twice. In fact, after the confrontation with Revan, Vitate feared for his life to such an extent that he created The Voice to protect himself against further assassination plots.

NewGuy01
I think he feared the idea of someone being able to simply walk into his chamber and assassinate him, more than he feared Revan himself.

Not saying he wasn't "serious" but when he fought the Jedi Strike team he used FLS from the start and took them out ASAP, while with Revan he seemed pretty overconfident, using pretty basic attacks--Only using FLS after he became pissed with the situation.

ares834
He also didn't use those powers against the HoT and instead relied on "basic" lightning.

Are you implying that he went easy on the HoT as well?

I'd say the logical conclusion is that the powers he used to take down the Jedi Strike team are better suited to taking out groups of enemies than a single target. After all. it was an AoE attack. While the more focused "basic" lighting is better for 1 on 1 situations.

Either that or the power he used on the strike team involves certain circumstances.

NewGuy01
Except he used that same power in his one on one fight against Revan, which is what put him down.

ares834
Upon further review on my part you may be correct. I never thought that final attack was lightning but just some quasi-shadow blast. I still don't see how that constitutes him not taking Revan seriously. Character in Star Wars do this all the time. Anyway, Revan gave him a fight as evidenced by the fact that Revan got some hits in and Vitiate's fear of further assassination attempts.

On a different note, I do wonder why Vitate did not use that technique against the HoT considering how effective it was on him the first time. Perhaps, Vitiate was weakened to such an extant that he could not fully use such a power.

Nephthys
Or he did use it in the fight during the gameplay section. Theres quite a bit of fight not seen, we only watch the very start and the end. And Vitiate is already on his knees by then.

Alternatively, the HoT just didn't let him charge up the attack.

ares834
Or he couldn't use. After all he is weakened and, even though he is presumably amped by a massive dark side nexus, the codex notes that "striking at him now is your best chance to defeat him once and for all".

Q99
To go further down the list, I think Exar vs Bane would be a pretty close fight.

NewGuy01
I don't think I agree with that. If you're referring to DoE Bane, Exar would solidly beat Bane down. If you're referring to RoT Bane, Bane would solidly beat Exar down. Either way, I think there's a reasonable gap between both parties.

Nephthys
I would disagree with that. Exar Kun's amulet blasts are powerful and would be hard for Bane to deal with, but Bane has superior lightning, TK and lightsaber prowess, even as of DoE. And all of those would be hard for Kun to deal with. So while Bane will have a tough time blocking with Kun's blasts, Kun will have an equally tough time blocking Banes lightning and he has to be careful not to engage in lightsabers, where imo Bane will defeat him.

The same applies for Kun vs Sidious by the way, since I see Bane and Sidious as equals regardless of RoT or DoE incarnations.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Bane=Sidious? How so?

Nephthys
Just as fast and good in lightsabers, equal in terms of TK and equal in terms of lightning.

Allankles
I don't see Kun going past Meetra. She'd use Jedi Dun Moch on him, rendering his vaunted skills: void.

The guy can swing sabers with the best of them, but philosophically, intellectually? "Mesa say he was a pawn. - Darth Binks"

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Bane<Sidious in lightning.
Nah, he's not as good in sabers imo. Sidious has better feats than Bane does TBH.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Allankles
I don't see Kun going past Meetra. She'd use Jedi Dun Moch on him, rendering his vaunted skills: void.

The guy can swing sabers with the best of them, but philosophically, intellectually? "Mesa say he was a pawn. - Darth Binks"

Oh ok, so Meetra can beat Luke? Meetra's Dun Moch isn't a trump card.

ares834

Huh, her skills in reverse Dun Moch certainly didn't help her against Nyriss. Don't see why it would help her against the even more deadly Exar Kun.

Allankles
Huh, her skills in reverse Dun Moch certainly didn't help her against Nyriss. Don't see why it would help her against the even more deadly Exar Kun.

Nyriss I don't think represents her best performance. Plenty of Jedi get beat by lesser opponents. Anyway, I can see Kun out dueling her, but by the time he gets past that duel, I think Meetra has already screwed with his resolve.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lolwut? I'm pretty sure has a strong enough willpower/confident enough in his abilities that Dun Moch won't do shit. Kun beats Meetra.

Nephthys
Bane<Sidious in lightning.
Nah, he's not as good in sabers imo. Sidious has better feats than Bane does TBH.

Oh really? The way I see it is that Bane can handily disintegrate shit with his lightning and so can Sidious.

Nah. Banes moved fast enough to wield a dozen lightsabers in Zannahs perspective, beaten Kas'im when he wasn't using dual blades, moved so fast an entire room of Sith couldn't keep up with him, defended against a storm, penetrated Zannahs defense and almost blitzed Farfalla and Raskta (if not for the BM). They are comparable.

ares834
Nyriss I don't think represents her best performance. Plenty of Jedi get beat by lesser opponents. Anyway, I can see Kun out dueling her, but by the time he gets past that duel, I think Meetra has already screwed with his resolve.

She has only ever done that to Sion who always came across as a weak willed piece of shit. Plus Sion was in love with her.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Can't Sidious turn people into skeletons with his lightning? These people being force users, and Sidious doing this with one hand?

Honestly managing to beat Kas'im before he whipped out jar'kai is Bane's best saber feat. Sidious has far better Saber feats (in terms of combative application) imo, and i'm pretty sure rain drops are slower than blaster bolts.

Nephthys
Can't Sidious turn people into skeletons with his lightning? These people being force users, and Sidious doing this with one hand?

Honestly managing to stalemate Kas'im is Bane's best saber feat. Sidious has far better Saber feats (in terms of combative application) imo, and i'm pretty sure rain drops are slower than blaster bolts.

Sidious surprised them from behind, so them being force users means nothing really. Bane has turned men to ash with one handed lightning, as well as turned a giant monster to a charred, smoking husk with the same burst.

Not really. Bane improves a lot after that and it was very early in his career. I honestly see it as one of his lowest showings. HIs RoT battle is more impressive imo. Sidious hasn't done better than things Bane has done though. No shit, but theres like 80 times as much rain drops per second as there are blaster bolts unless you're fighting an army and they hit all over your body. Zampano did the math for how fast Bane would have to be to be blocking all of those and iirc it was in the double digit mach figures.

Allankles
lolwut? I'm pretty sure has a strong enough willpower/confident enough in his abilities that Dun Moch won't do shit. Kun beats Meetra.

Kun is a bit of an overgrown child, a very dangerous, very powerful child, but a child regardless.

So yes, Meetra would make him feel stupid for the way he is, rendering his resolve (which he needs to beat any top tier):void, as pointless and as heartless and thoughtless as his rage.

Meetra understood the high precepts better than Kun, so yeah she might lose the battle, but by the time that happens Kun is rendered so retarded, that the next guy disarms him and lightsaber hilt bashes his mouth for the win.

You can't just be a willy nilly sociopath and not get some comeupins.

Allankles
She has only ever done that to Sion who always came across as a weak willed piece of shit. Plus Sion was in love with her.

It worked on Sion because he was the living dead, not so much because he was "weak willed".

Anyone who can put himself together after all that damage, ain't "weak willed". It also worked to re enforce to Sion how foolish the Sith traditions are, so the exile's argumentation was the ephod for his release.

EDIT: Plus Sion was a psychopath - even for a Sith - so yeah, that type of life has very little going for it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sidious surprised them from behind, so them being force users means nothing really. Bane has turned men to ash with one handed lightning, as well as turned a giant monster to a charred, smoking husk with the same burst.

Not really. Bane improves a lot after that and it was very early in his career. I honestly see it as one of his lowest showings. HIs RoT battle is more impressive imo. Sidious hasn't done better than things Bane has done though. No shit, but theres like 80 times as much rain drops per second as there are blaster bolts unless you're fighting an army and they hit all over your body. Zampano did the math for how fast Bane would have to be to be blocking all of those and iirc it was in the double digit mach figures.

Fair enough. However zannah blocked Bane's lightning without seeming difficulty.

In RoT he had orbalisks, making him more powerful than ever before. So yes, Sidious has done more impressive things without armor that makes him impervious to saber attacks and regenerates him almost instantly.

And Sidious has fought an army wink

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Kun is a bit of an overgrown child, a very dangerous, very powerful child, but a child regardless.

So yes, Meetra would make him feel stupid for the way he is, rendering his resolve (which he needs to beat any top tier):void, as pointless and as heartless and thoughtless as his rage.

Meetra understood the high precepts better than Kun, so yeah she might lose the battle, but by the time that happens Kun is rendered so retarded, that the next guy disarms him and lightsaber hilt bashes his mouth for the win.

You can't just be a willy nilly sociopath and not get some comeupins.

nothing suggests that Meetra's Dun Moch is some infallible trump card.

XRKun
Originally posted by Nephthys
Just as fast and good in lightsabers, equal in terms of TK and equal in terms of lightning.

I seriously doubt Bane can move at light (or sub light speed). Anakin could not follow the Sidious vs Windu duel, and he reacted to ships moving at light (or was it sub light) speed. TO give you an estimate, Light speed is 186,282.4 miles per second. In 60 seconds, thats 11176944 miles per minute, or 223538880 miles per hour. Thats 293666.42144 Mach. Bane can move that fast?

TK? I'm kinda iffy on that.

Lightning I agree with.

Nephthys
Originally posted by XRKun
I seriously doubt Bane can move at light (or sub light speed). Anakin could not follow the Sidious vs Windu duel, and he reacted to ships moving at light (or was it sub light) speed. TO give you an estimate, Light speed is 186,282.4 miles per second. In 60 seconds, thats 11176944 miles per minute, or 223538880 miles per hour. Thats 293666.42144 Mach. Bane can move that fast?

TK? I'm kinda iffy on that.

Lightning I agree with.

No, but neither can Sidious. erm Anakin was never in the room to see the Sidious vs Windu duel in the movie, which is the highest form of canon. So that never happened.

Thats fair. Bane has disintegrated a dozen attackers though.

Yesssssss!

ROTJ Vader
Loses at 2. He's not beating Dooku, not by a longshot.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah.

The Merchant
Sidious turned a Sith Wrrym into ashes in Sithis.

Nephthys
Yes, thats why I said they are about equal.

NewGuy01
Possibly loses at 3, 6, and 10.

Definitely loses at 8 and 9.

Stealth Moose
It worked on Sion because he was the living dead, not so much because he was "weak willed".

Anyone who can put himself together after all that damage, ain't "weak willed". It also worked to re enforce to Sion how foolish the Sith traditions are, so the exile's argumentation was the ephod for his release.

EDIT: Plus Sion was a psychopath - even for a Sith - so yeah, that type of life has very little going for it.

Sion had a personal attachment to Meetra; specifically, he was jealous of her favored student status and he had unresolved feelings for her.

I would not argue Meetra could do the same thing to everyone else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.