Terminator: Genysis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Another reboot

I'm waiting for kaz to come in and tell me he's made a thread about this...

Lestov16
LZepj6u5Dtc

Zack Fair
what the **** lestov

Lestov16
It's from the RLM Indiana Jones review. Their reviews of the Star Wars prequels are legendary.

Robtard
Excited about more Terminator flicks.

Not excited Arnold is involved.

BruceSkywalker
not excited one bit especially with arnold involved.. maybe he will be killed off at the end then the sequel will see a brand new much better terminator moving forward

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2

I'm waiting for kaz to come in and tell me he's made a thread about this...

Nope i haven't

also i know Alan Taylor (Thor: Dark World & Game Of Thrones) will be doing it and Arnold will be back

http://screenrant.com/terminator-5-director-alan-taylor/

jinXed by JaNx
With no story to be told or characters to be developed I look forward to this movie much in the same way that I look forward to watching movies like the expendables or, Michael bay movies...,for action. Not necessarily good action, but expensive action. This series was over with T-2 and terminator 3 proved that there was nothing left of this story to tell. Anyone that is genuinely looking forward to this movie needs to increase their psych meds and then walk into a burning building and think about why another terminator movie is a bad idea.

Kazenji
Oh rly?....no story to be told or characters to be developed.

steverules_2
I liked the reason for the T3, they stopped Judgement day in T2 but oh no they didn't because it still happens anyway and they just prolonged it

I think if they'd gone with the alternate ending of T2 which actually gave us a real ending to say 'yeah no more' then right now the terminator franchise would be safe knowing they made 2 amazing terminator films

Kazenji
Would've liked to have seen what James Cameron had planned for T3, Stupid film studio not giving him the greenlight over the budget.

steverules_2
If he'd been part of it then it would've had some hope

erik.dansereau
They should have stopped at 2 but I do love me some terminator. hopefully Arnold is relegated to a cameo or bit role

Lestov16
Terminator 1 and 2 were obviously masterpieces. I enjoyed T3 but disliked how it retconned T2. Salvation was very underwhelming compared to the previous 3. I was hoping that Cameron was involved, and it would be exciting like T2 (although based on Avatar, it's questionable whether T5 would have been good even if he was involved), but if we're just going to get some more underwhelming popcorn shlock like Salvation, I may just skip this entirely.

Hell, where can they even go with it? We've followed John Connor's life right up to Judgement Day, so it's not like Skynet can send another terminator back for him. We've seen after the fall, we've seen the events that led up to the first film, and we've seen how Connor's life came full circle. The story is over, unless they are going to focus on humanity winning the war, and IMO, that sounds boring, especially after Salvation. As stated, since we've seen JD, there can't be anymore time-travelling robots. So where to go? You can't add more to something that is complete.

steverules_2
Guess we're just gonna go right back to the start...cause thats what you do with a popular film series when you run out of idea's...you reboot

The thing I liked about Terminator was that it was a low budget movie that was amazingly epic, they had a stop motion terminator which was awesome as well and then T2 came a long and was even more epic big grin Then T3...

Kazenji
Would've liked it if they continued on from the events with Salvation with the various battles with Skynet's forces.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Oh rly?....no story to be told or characters to be developed.

After seeing what they did with T3 and T4, no. They had two chances to tell the story that we already know is going to happen...,the war between machine and man. They squandered this opportunity with an essential remake of T2 in terminator 3 and again in, Salvation. Theres certainly potential for a good story to still be told in this universe but if I expect to see a cure for cancer before that happens. This doesn't mean I wont go see it for some good mindless action, although going from what little action we saw in the last one i'm skeptical of even seeing that.

steverules_2
Would've liked it if they continued on from the events with Salvation with the various battles with Skynet's forces.

I think they were but I think they had problems or something

Kazenji
I could still happen

the last thing i read about the story before Alan Taylor came onboard was, It was dealing with skynet first attempts at how to send non-Infiltrator Terminators and other machines through the Time machine

depends what they're keeping.

Esau Cairn
Catchy title.

Kazenji
This one has a actual titile, Terminator: Genesis

i'll leave the mods to fix the thread title up.

Darkstorm Zero
I think the way I understood the way T3 was explained was that the timeline basically reverted back to it's original thread rather than simply rewriting it. basically put, the intervention of the terminators in the timeline was the original screwup. Judgement Day was pushed forward thanks to Cyberdyne getting it's hands on the CPU and the Arm, thus accelerating Skynet's development.

However, when Dyson died and Cyberdyne was blown to sh!t, the timeline was reverted back, because the original Terminator had to come from somewhere.

Kazenji
Jai Courtney Will Play 'Kyle Reese

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=94825

Kazenji
Pic's of a battle damaged Terminator (Arnold SCHWARZENEGGER)

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/leaked-terminator-genesis-pics-show-battle-damaged-arnold-schwarzenegger-194

also could the mods or someone change the thread title.

marwash22
yikes! can we stop it with Arnold already?

erm

Kazenji
Why?

marwash22
he looks like what he is, a fat old man.

Kazenji
Looks fat?

go clean your glasses.

marwash22
he has man-titties, bro.

marwash22
His days as a termintor are over.

Anyhow, someone posted in that link that Arnold could be playing the guy the t800's are modeled after. that would be cool, i guess.

Kazenji
Originally posted by marwash22
he has man-titties, bro.

Still doesn't look fat

unless you mean phat as in cool sure.

marwash22
brSqr9XJNQc

^ that's Arnold at this point.

Mindship
Ah-nuld comes back to terminate the franchise (cue "Eye of the Cyborg" theme song), so that the whole T-universe may rest in peace.

Kazenji
brSqr9XJNQc

^ that's Arnold at this point.

Whatever you say, clown

Zack Fair
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
After seeing what they did with T3 and T4, no. They had two chances to tell the story that we already know is going to happen...,the war between machine and man. They squandered this opportunity with an essential remake of T2 in terminator 3 and again in, Salvation. Theres certainly potential for a good story to still be told in this universe but if I expect to see a cure for cancer before that happens. This doesn't mean I wont go see it for some good mindless action, although going from what little action we saw in the last one i'm skeptical of even seeing that. thumb up
My feelings exactly.

Firefly218
Matt Smith was cast in a role.

marwash22
Whatever you say, clown lol. u seem genuinely upset.

DARTH POWER
Arny's not really playing an old grey haired Terminator... Is he?

Kazenji
lol. u seem genuinely upset.

Which i'm not

but go ahead and think that.

Zack Fair
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10296554_10152413173796760_6702317746081232935_n.jpg

Robtard
For an almost 67 year old man, Arnold is in pretty good shape. But he's way too old and way too saggy to be playing a Terminator again.

I'm guessing they're going CGI the crap out of him. Which is lame, imo, as they should have started fresh with a whole new cast and gone from there.

Zack Fair
I'm not expecting much. The arms are very buff though. So long as he keeps his shirt and a jacket its all good IMHO.

Robtard
That pic you posted of him doing the handshake pose from Predator seems older than the current pics posted from the set.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Robtard
That pic you posted of him doing the handshake pose from Predator seems older than the current pics posted from the set.

I doubt it. He's not been in THAT good shape in a long long time. And he's clearly old in that pic. Plus I did hear people are shocked how muscular he's got for this movie.

quanchi112
People are overreacting again. This should be interesting and I'm excited unlike the usual naysayer.

Robtard
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I doubt it. He's not been in THAT good shape in a long long time. And he's clearly old in that pic. Plus I did hear people are shocked how muscular he's got for this movie.

My error, didn't mean to imply that pic was him from around the time of Predator, just it's the pose he and Carl did in Predator.

But if you compare the pic Zack posted and the pics from the set, Zack's pic seems like a younger Arnold who still had beefy arms.

Zack Fair
I don't know. We've seen how good Stallone looks in his old age. I'm confident Arnold being the 8 times mr. olympus can get his arms that big if he wanted to. We're talking Terminator. ya know

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I don't know. We've seen how good Stallone looks in his old age. I'm confident Arnold being the 8 times mr. olympus can get his arms that big if he wanted to. We're talking Terminator. ya know I agree. People need to be more optimistic like us more often.

Esau Cairn
Point is, Terminator juz needs Arnie's face...either whole or partial.
So cgi-ing his face onto another body is a possibility.

Another idea is simply Robo-copping a 'bio-metal suit" onto his ageing body.

Zack Fair
I dont want no cgi. The arnie placeholder in the 4th movie looked funny. Still Im pretty sure movie magic can get the job done.

quanchi112
Cgi can definitely work here.

Zack Fair
Suck it haters.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10456813_10152415878721760_178857505147019327_n.jpg

quanchi112
Suck it haters.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10456813_10152415878721760_178857505147019327_n.jpg Hahahaha, Robbie is proven wrong yet again.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hahahaha, Robbie is proven wrong yet again.

I said "Arnold is in pretty good shape" on this very page, which he is, imo. If you think he isn't, that's your opinion.

On that note, why are your opinions always stupid?

quanchi112
I said "Arnold is in pretty good shape" on this very page, which he is, imo. If you think he isn't, that's your opinion.

On that note, why are your opinions always stupid? I think he's in great shape not good shape, Mr. Cowardo.

But he's way too old and way too saggy to be playing a Terminator again.

You are dead wrong. This is the former Mr. Olympia you said is too old and saggy to play the Terminator.

Slap yourself.

Robtard
I think he's in great shape not good shape, Mr. Cowardo.

You are dead wrong. This is the former Mr. Olympia you said is too old and saggy to play the Terminator.

Slap yourself.

Now you're just basically repeating my thoughts while trying to up what I said. Adorable how you copy me all the time.

Arnold is also way too old and saggy to play a LoTR elf. Get it now? (of course not)

You probably have chronic halitosis.

quanchi112
Now you're just basically repeating my thoughts while trying to up what I said. Adorable how you copy me all the time.

Arnold is also way too old and saggy to play a LoTR elf. Get it now? (of course not)

You probably have chronic halitosis. Quit being angry. You're a hater. Always going to be. Don't diminish Arnold by saying the word good. He looks great. I believe he isn't too told to play the Terminator. You disagree. You're wrong. I'll see the movie. You probably will see it in secret.

Robtard
Just do something about your horrible breath. Thanks.

quanchi112
Just do something about your horrible breath. Thanks. Leave your dental hygiene out of this. I don't believe Arnold is too old to play the Terminator. You do.
smile

Kazenji
Hahahaha, Robbie is proven wrong yet again.

Your thinking of Marwash lipstick cowboy, who said "Arnold is fat old man"

DARTH POWER
Quit being angry. You're a hater. Always going to be. Don't diminish Arnold by saying the word good. He looks great. I believe he isn't too told to play the Terminator. You disagree. You're wrong. I'll see the movie. You probably will see it in secret.

Since when are Terminators supposed to age? Stop masturbating over his muscles and think for once in your life.

All credit to him for bulking up the way he has, but fact is having an old Terminator isn't the best idea. He's in it for the name.

Kazenji
Since when are Terminators supposed to age? Stop masturbating over his muscles and think for once in your life.

Maybe because it has something to do with their skin

From T2

Zack Fair
I don't see the problem. We're talking fiction here. They made it a point that the terminators have living tissue over their endoskelletons. Its entirely plausible under the Terminator universe. IMO it is a clever decision to shut up those who would ***** and complain about the terminator looking aged.

Stop hating bros. The movie will probably be shit, but come on.

Kazenji
Doubt the movie will be shit when it has Alan Taylor involved with it, Recently did the second Thor movie & some Game of Thrones eps.

Zack Fair
I hope so. It can't possibly be worse than Bale's entry. That shit was such a borefest. I don't know why. But they keep focusing on other characters instead of John Connor. Guess his would be legacy is too big for writers lol. Although they did focus on John in the last one...but...am I the only one who feels like they missed something? Effin' T3's lame John and T4's Batmanesque John.

Damn it all.

Kazenji
I did the like the look they were going with Terminator Salvation... But yeah there was something missing.

Zack Fair
I think I just want to see the original John Connor. The badass who sent the Terminator back in time. The one who saved everything and ****ed up the timeline. I don't know why but he looked so epic in the one minute we saw him in the beginning of T2. I didn't like how they focused on his ***** in the third one, and couldn't care less about the human cyborg(forgot his name) from the 4th.

DARTH POWER
Maybe because it has something to do with their skin

From T2

Oh I know that. Trust me, I've seen T2 almost as many times as I've seen Star Wars (many times).

But it's going to be a 40 year old Terminator?(Arny's age minus the age the skin is when it is put on a Terminator). Are we still going to see young T101's? Are we going to see other Old Terminators? Is there a reason we haven't seen Old Terminators before.

Nah just don't buy it. He's in it because he's Arny, not because it makes sense to bring in an old Terminator.

Stop hating bros. The movie will probably be shit, but come on.

Lol I can criticize a certain look and aspect without being a Hater. Believe you me if this film Rocks, I'll be the first one jumping up and down about it.

quanchi112

All credit to him for bulking up the way he has, but fact is having an old Terminator isn't the best idea. He's in it for the name. How do you know this Terminator ages ? It would actually be far more deceptive and sneaky to have a Terminator age by appearances tbh.

Unlike you I have faith in the former Mr. Olympia. Quit being a hater like Rob because as you admit you can't wait to jump on board so you're trying to have it both ways. Unlike you and Robbie we believe in Arnold.

Firefly218
I'd rather have a new terminator, but it's not that big of a deal. Arnold can still sell it.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Firefly218
Arnold can still sell it.

Pont is, people will be more focused on that fact that it's a 66 yr old actor playing a Terminator & not so much as Arnie re-prising his role.

DARTH POWER

Unlike you I have faith in the former Mr. Olympia. Quit being a hater like Rob because as you admit you can't wait to jump on board so you're trying to have it both ways. Unlike you and Robbie we believe in Arnold.

Of course you do! Your one of those children who thinks T3 was a masterpiece just because Arny was on it.

quanchi112
Of course you do! Your one of those children who thinks T3 was a masterpiece just because Arny was on it. I didn't care for the movie but Arnold wasn't the problem it was the script.

laughing out loud

Robtard

You really need to get over the fact that I'm just better than you and not be so whiny and resentful in every post across these forums. You might actually enjoy your time here.

DARTH POWER
I didn't care for the movie but Arnold wasn't the problem it was the script.

laughing out loud

Exactly. Stop pretending this movie is guaranteed to be something great.

Firefly218
Exactly. Stop pretending this movie is guaranteed to be something great.

Isn't it Arnold what you have a problem with though? From what I hear, the script is actually really good. You don't have to be so pessimistic all the time. You'll get stress wrinkles

quanchi112
Exactly. Stop pretending this movie is guaranteed to be something great. I didn't say it was. You don't understand simple words. I said I believe Arnold can sell the Terminator. I always believe the movie's success depends on the script.

quanchi112
Isn't it Arnold what you have a problem with though? From what I hear, the script is actually really good. You don't have to be so pessimistic all the time. You'll get stress wrinkles Exactly. He gets called on it and tries to change his argument midway through the thread.

ares834
lmao at Arnie being called fat.

Anyway, glad he is in it. Terminator isn't Terminator without him.

Kazenji
Isn't it Arnold what you have a problem with though? From what I hear, the script is actually really good. You don't have to be so pessimistic all the time. You'll get stress wrinkles

Do hope the movie does end up being good, With Alan Taylor on board for directing duties.

DARTH POWER

And you can stop attacking every tiny criticism someone throws at a brand you like. It's turning you into a whiny kid.

And who exactly has told you that the script is "really good?" You have some inside info we don't know about. And I've already told you I'll be over the moon if this movie is great. I guarantee you I'm a bigger T-Fan than you and Quanchi combined.

Still doesn't change the fact that using an OLD Terminator ain't the best idea. Contrary to common belief, the Franchise can carry on without him. The last one wasn't bad because it was missing him, as proven by T3 which had Arny.

I didn't say it was. You don't understand simple words. I said I believe Arnold can sell the Terminator. I always believe the movie's success depends on the script.

Actually it's you who has severe comprehension problems.

Exactly. He gets called on it and tries to change his argument midway through the thread.

Still crying how I called you out on your Khan BZ Challenge laughing out loud

Yes this is the TROLL who ran for his life from a Kenobi vs Khan BZ after going on for over a year about how Khan stomps Yoda.

You are THE TROLL of KMC laughing

quanchi112
And you can stop attacking every tiny criticism someone throws at a brand you like. It's turning you into a whiny kid.

And who exactly has told you that the script is "really good?" You have some inside info we don't know about. And I've already told you I'll be over the moon if this movie is great. I guarantee you I'm a bigger T-Fan than you and Quanchi combined.

Still doesn't change the fact that using an OLD Terminator ain't the best idea. Contrary to common belief, the Franchise can carry on without him. The last one wasn't bad because it was missing him, as proven by T3 which had Arny.

Yes this is the TROLL who ran for his life from a Kenobi vs Khan BZ after going on for over a year about how Khan stomps Yoda.

You are THE TROLL of KMC laughing No, it isn't. Everyone is in here telling you with you being unable to comprehend and even worse stick with your own argument. You seek to insult and avoid the topic or your point altogether.

My Khan/Vader battlezone challenge you backed down the day of. I decided to give you a chance despite your cowardice but you kept ignoring the battlezone format altogether and started crying in your own op like a love sick woman.

Someone else answered the bell you were to cowardly to the day of. May you forever live in shame.

laughing out loud

DARTH POWER
No, it isn't. Everyone is in here telling you with you being unable to comprehend and even worse stick with your own argument.

Really? So now you and Firefly is everyone?!

You do realize that pretty much EVERYONE here has confimed at one point or another about the Total TROLL you are right?

You seek to insult and avoid the topic or your point altogether.

Nah that's you. I've stayed on topic. Try to keep up Dumb Ass.

My Khan/Vader battlezone challenge you backed down the day of. I decided to give you a chance despite your cowardice but you kept ignoring the battlezone format altogether and started crying in your own op like a love sick woman.

Someone else answered the bell you were to cowardly to the day of. May you forever live in shame.

Tell yourself whatever Bull you like. Everyone who read that thread knows exactly what happened. You keep hiding from me laughing

quanchi112
Really? So now you and Firefly is everyone?!

You do realize that pretty much EVERYONE here has confimed at one point or another about the Total TROLL you are right?

Nah that's you. I've stayed on topic. Try to keep up Dumb Ass.

Tell yourself whatever Bull you like. Everyone who read that thread knows exactly what happened. You keep hiding from me laughing Your personal opinion of me is once again you avoiding the issue altogether.

No, you haven't. I believe Arnold the terminator can still be an effective terminator. You don't.

Yeah, the day of you begged for Kenobi. After you ignored protocol I decided to cast you out. I am going through with the matchup I wanted you originally accepted. The day of you backed down and pulled one of the biggest acts of kmc cowardice I have ever witnessed. Gutless.

laughing out loud

DARTH POWER
^ Oh and I didn't realize even Firefly said he'd rather not have Arny back.

I'd rather have a new terminator, but it's not that big of a deal. Arnold can still sell it.

Soz Firefly never saw that. You can ignore whatever I said to you last.

Looks like you're on your own Quanchi. Same as always laughing out loud

DARTH POWER
Your personal opinion of me is once again you avoiding the issue altogether.

I have addressed the issue plenty. Try to keep up. I know it's diffcult for you,but at least Try.

No, you haven't.

Yes I have.

I believe Arnold the terminator can still be an effective terminator. You don't.

Not in the context of the rest of the Franchise, No.

Yeah, the day of you begged for Kenobi. After you ignored protocol I decided to cast you out. I am going through with the matchup I wanted you originally accepted. The day of you backed down and pulled one of the biggest acts of kmc cowardice I have ever witnessed. Gutless.

laughing out loud

Oh don't worry. Everyone saw you for the real Coward you were that day. First accepting the Kenobi challenge, even outright admitting that Kenobi is an INFERIOR foe to Skywalker, and then quickly taking it back, realizing your attempts at Trolling on Jedi Feats had failed with me as your opponent laughing

quanchi112
I have addressed the issue plenty. Try to keep up. I know it's diffcult for you,but at least Try.

Yes I have.

Not in the context of the rest of the Franchise, No.

Oh don't worry. Everyone saw you for the real Coward you were that day. First accepting the Kenobi challenge, and then quickly taking it back, realizing your attempts at Trolling on Jedi Feats had failed laughing another, you tried blaming t 3 on arnold. His performance was fine it was the script, sport.

That is why you don't believe whereas other posters do. You're a hater. Zack correctly called you out there.

You posted a poll and ignored protocol. I won't have some jackass in a battlezone who doesn't respect himself nor the rules themselves.

You accepted the Vader one which is what I wanted. You backed down. I found someone else. You lost your honor. I will complete the battlezone you accepted over a year ago. You sicken me.

smile

Firefly218

You are THE TROLL of KMC laughing

First off, I was not attacking your criticism, I was addressing it. It's a legitimate criticism that I disagree with.

Many actors involved with the project, like JK Simmons and Matt Smith, have glowing reviews of the script. In fact, aforementioned JK Simmons was going to reject the offer for Terminator but the script was so good he decided not to.

You have no idea how big of a Terminator fan I am.

Give Arnold the benefit of the doubt will ya. He's still a good actor.

Robtard
He's still a good actor.

Odd thing to say, imo. He was never a really good actor like say Gary Oldman or Christian Bale. He was good at what he did, mostly cheesy action flicks. I love me some 80-90's Arnold action flicks. Though Twins an Kindergarten Cop are two of his better films and they're not action based.

His latest flicks have been terrible and not just because the scripts are idiotic, he's also bad in them, he doesn't have that same strong-man with the bad accent charm he used to bring. The Last Stand, Escape Plan, Expendables as examples.

Firefly218
Odd thing to say, imo. He was never a really good actor like say Gary Oldman or Christian Bale. He was good at what he did, mostly cheesy action flicks. I love me some 80-90's Arnold action flicks. Though Twins an Kindergarten Cop are two of his better films and they're not action based.

His latest flicks have been terrible and not just because the scripts are idiotic, he's also bad in them, he doesn't have that same strong-man with the bad accent charm he used to bring. The Last Stand, Escape Plan, Expendables as examples.

When I say good actor, I mean good Terminator. He's good at acting robotic, emotionless and powerful. I agree he's not very diverse though, like Bale and Oldman

Robtard
When I say good actor, I mean good Terminator. He's good at acting robotic, emotionless and powerful. I agree he's not very diverse though, like Bale and Oldman

Ah, fair enough then.

He was solid in Terminator where he had 16 lines and had to show zero emotional range.

Kazenji

For the recent stuff i liked him in that Escape Plan movie

yeah...Expendables he didn't do a great deal in the first one.

Esau Cairn
Posting from Australia...it's not a good sign when Arnie's latest films are going straight to dvd here. Both Escape Plan & now Sabotage have skipped the big screen...the next Terminator relying on Arnie's involvement is not looking too good for marketing.
Unfortunately his name alone doesn't have the pulling power as it did in the past.

Lestov16

He was good in Sabotage. It was the closest I've seen him to his 80's persona and the film was rather entertaining. I did not regret paying to see it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Posting from Australia...it's not a good sign when Arnie's latest films are going straight to dvd here. Both Escape Plan & now Sabotage have skipped the big screen...the next Terminator relying on Arnie's involvement is not looking too good for marketing.
Unfortunately his name alone doesn't have the pulling power as it did in the past. Terminator won't go straight to DVD even in Australia.

shinning_like_m
Is it ever going to be made no news so faar

Esau Cairn
Terminator won't go straight to DVD even in Australia.

So he's 66 now. Production hasn't even been started.
Do the maths, Quan...they'll be filming a 67-68 yr old for the role.

I have no idea how long he's last 2 films stayed on the big screen o/seas but definitely not a profitable run to justify the big screens here.

Mindset

I have no idea how long he's last 2 films stayed on the big screen o/seas but definitely not a profitable run to justify the big screens here. Terminator is a robot, he doesn't age!

Lol, you fool!

quanchi112

I have no idea how long he's last 2 films stayed on the big screen o/seas but definitely not a profitable run to justify the big screens here. When it hits the movie theaters in that backwater place known as Australia I'll expect an apology.

Esau Cairn
I see maths isn't your strong point.

And you're missing the point. As per usual.
My point wasn't whether it would hit the big screen or not here.

My point is that marketing Arnie in a film doesn't have the strength as it used to.

quanchi112
I see maths isn't your strong point.

And you're missing the point. As per usual.
My point wasn't whether it would hit the big screen or not here.

My point is that marketing Arnie in a film doesn't have the strength as it used to. I never contested that. I said the terminator brand still has enough clout to make it to the movie theaters in crappy Australia.

Esau Cairn
in crappy Australia.

And yet Ohio is a translation of "Large Creek" where locals are fondly called "Buckeyes." roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
And yet Ohio is a translation of "Large Creek" where locals are fondly called "Buckeyes." roll eyes (sarcastic) Ohio is a smaller part to a greater country. United States. Quit being upset you don't live here.

Esau Cairn
Ohio is a smaller part to a greater country.

So that makes you a smaller part of a greater gene pool.
I get it.

quanchi112
So that makes you a smaller part of a greater gene pool.
I get it. United States is made up of many states. Oh forget it ya dumb Aussie.

Esau Cairn
Oh forget it ya dumb Aussie.

What a cheap shot!

Kazenji
Calling someone else dumb when that person is pretty much that.

quanchi112
Calling someone else dumb when that person is pretty much that. Irony.

Kazenji
erm

gawd......you've got your head so far up your own arse

steverules_2
He's quite entertaining smile

Kazenji
I suppose if you call Quan's antics entertaining.

steverules_2
He said Khan could beat Superman, thought that was pretty funny

Estacado
How come quan hasnt been permabanned for trolling?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
How come quan hasnt been permabanned for trolling? Life is both cruel and unfair at times.

Mindset
Life is both cruel and unfair at times. laughing out loud

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by steverules_2
He said Khan could beat Superman, thought that was pretty funny

what was is argument for that one?

Esau Cairn
I watched T2 again lastnight juz to enlighten my 8 yr old son.

The thing was the blu-ray edition I watched had 2 versions of the movie.

The 1st one was the theatrical version & the 2nd version claimed to be "3 versions of the movie streamlined into one."

Unfortunately I wasn't able to access the 2nd version & had to watch the theatrical version.

Does anyone know what the changes/additions were?

Kazenji
The movie has wrapped and the official title is "Terminator Genisys"

http://www.superherohype.com/news/311811-terminator-reboot-wraps-production-officially-titled-terminator-genisys

I watched T2 again lastnight juz to enlighten my 8 yr old son.

The thing was the blu-ray edition I watched had 2 versions of the movie.

The 1st one was the theatrical version & the 2nd version claimed to be "3 versions of the movie streamlined into one."

Unfortunately I wasn't able to access the 2nd version & had to watch the theatrical version.

Does anyone know what the changes/additions were?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103064/alternateversions

Esau Cairn
Cheers, Kaz.
I did see all those scenes after all.
They were really just deleted scenes that really didn't "alternate" the movie at all.

Kazenji
I think i've got that other version myself, I own the '2-Disc Ultimate Edition' on dvd.

Zack Fair
Apparently Paramount announced the dates for 2 sequels.

Kazenji
^ Indeed they did.

DARTH POWER
Ah doesn't mean anything. 2 sequels were initially announced before T3 was released as well.

All depends if this one is any good.

Kazenji
Surprised no one hasn't renamed the thread.

CadenceV2
I love the Terminator movies. However I was under impression from blogs last year that Cameron bought the rights back, and wanted no more movies ever made. Huh.

Robtard
Originally posted by CadenceV2
I love the Terminator movies. However I was under impression from blogs last year that Cameron bought the rights back, and wanted no more movies ever made. Huh.

http://screenrant.com/terminator-5-genesis-james-cameron-schwarzenegger/

Kazenji

Didn't even know about Cameron getting the rights back.

CadenceV2
http://screenrant.com/terminator-5-genesis-james-cameron-schwarzenegger/

Thanks for that. As a huge Terminator Fan I hope it all goes well. T3 was corny as hell, and Salvation was hit and miss.

DARTH POWER
Didn't even know about Cameron getting the rights back.

Yeah nor did I. But by the sounds of it, he's not at all interested with doing anything with it once he gets them back. So chances are he would just sell them again.

Anyway I'm looking forward to a new Terminator tv series.One that shares the movie verse so this time when it suddenly gets cancelled at least the main story will continue on in the movie verse.. Until 2019 that is.

Kazenji
Hopefully this time around for the new tv series Cameron will be involved with it somehow, The previous could'eve had some help from him.

CadenceV2
As much as I like Cameron (Tombstone, Aliens, T1, T2) he really seem to did all he wanted with Terminator. He made movie one to get his start, made movie 2 as his master piece, and made T2 3D as a encore. After that he seem to rather not give a crap and moved on to the next idea he has. Right now his baby is that craptstic Avatar universe. He really is that kinda guy who does a project, then moves on and never looks back. If not from fan pressure and producers begging him, I doubt Cameron would have given the Terminator series a second look.

Esau Cairn
As much as I like Cameron (Tombstone, Aliens, T1, T2)

Cameron had nothing to do with Tombstone.

Kazenji
^ Unless he's thinking of James Jacks.

Esau Cairn
^ Unless he's thinking of James Jacks.

He was the Producer of Tombstone...still nuthin' to do with Cameron though.

DARTH POWER
So apparently this is really going to suck.

Goto 21:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Oz3hm00NI

Unfortunately I can't say I'm too surprised. But still sad.

Esau Cairn
All I got from my that interview was the slightest hint of suggesting child terminators...

DARTH POWER
All I got from my that interview was the slightest hint of suggesting child terminators...

Yeah but not a good sign when fans who know the whole plot are already saying this is going to suck.

Lestov16
IDK about the Terminator franchise. IMO, they've taken as far as they possibly could creatively. In reality, it should have ended with T2, but since they decided to retcon that, they had 2 more movies and a TV show showing before/after Judgement Day.

Besides robot designs, I can't think of anything new these Terminator sequels can offer, unless it's a plot about humans winning the war, and even then, that was already heavily implied in the first 2 terminator films. I just can't think of any reason to revisit this franchise.

The beauty of the first two films was how creative they were, mixing time travel with a robot apocalypse mixed with essentially slasher film-style villains. I highly doubt these new films will have nearly that level of creativity.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Lestov16

The beauty of the first two films was how creative they were, mixing time travel with a robot apocalypse mixed with essentially slasher film-style villains. I highly doubt these new films will have nearly that level of creativity.

Of course they won't. There's no genius like James Cameron behind them anymore.

So they're just milking the franchise for all it's worth. And Arny is just doing it because no other movies he does nowadays make money.

Tzeentch
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/new-official-terminator-genisys-sarah-connor-plot-details

"Sarah Connor isn’t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton’s steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991’s T2. Rather, the mother of humanity’s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she’s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger’s Terminator—an older T-800 she calls “Pops”—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who’s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion."

I hope it's true.

Mindset
Sounds terrible.

Can't wait to see it. thumb up

Firefly218
Doesn't sound too bad

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Lestov16
IDK about the Terminator franchise. IMO, they've taken as far as they possibly could creatively. In reality, it should have ended with T2, but since they decided to retcon that, they had 2 more movies and a TV show showing before/after Judgement Day.

Besides robot designs, I can't think of anything new these Terminator sequels can offer, unless it's a plot about humans winning the war, and even then, that was already heavily implied in the first 2 terminator films. I just can't think of any reason to revisit this franchise.

I agree. Personally i think two movies and nearly a decade in between both proves that the formula was lost once the original alchemist has left the potion making. Everyone after, Cameron was to bust or restricted to manufacture a franchise rather than tell a story.

BruceSkywalker
will see this but have very very very low expectations as i am not expecting much from 100 years Schwarzenegger or the convoluted story that is being reported.

steverules_2
To be honest the original ending of T2 where they all live happily ever after and no judgement day happened, was he perfect ending but they obviously went with the ending that we all know today

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/new-official-terminator-genisys-sarah-connor-plot-details

"Sarah Connor isn’t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton’s steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991’s T2. Rather, the mother of humanity’s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she’s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger’s Terminator—an older T-800 she calls “Pops”—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who’s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion."

I hope it's true.

Oh my. So she's the not virgin Mary who can better relate to machines, despite those same machines being her arch-nemeses and they decided to throw in a sniper because bad-ass female snipers are the gimmick.

Anyhow, is this a complete reboot now or is it somehow connected to the previous 4 films since the iconic Arnold-Terminator is still in it?

BruceSkywalker
what will help if Emilia Clarke is nude throughout the whole film big grin

DARTH POWER

Anyhow, is this a complete reboot now or is it somehow connected to the previous 4 films since the iconic Arnold-Terminator is still in it?

It's an Abrams Star Trek type reboot. Where it's initially connected to the Originals but then they go back in time to before T1 essentially rebooting the entire franchise.

Mark Question
No Biehn?

Kazenji
Trailer for this will be out this week.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>