They fight without powers...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
These are cage fight matchups, no prep, all combatants are completely de-powered. So if they had super strength or durability they have the strength, durability, & speed of a regular human of their size, build, and fitness.

Who wins?

1) Alex Summers vs Scott Summers

2) Wasp vs Invisible Woman

3) Red Skull vs Magneto

4) Green Lantern Hal vs Flash Barry Allen

5) Kyle Rayner vs Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane

6) Cable vs Aquaman

7) Carol Danvers vs Jessica Drew

8) Cage vs Ben Grimm

DarkSaint85
Scott
Wasp
Lol. Red Skull.
Hal
Kyle
Split
Jessica

jitay
Didn't Sue get shield training in an ff mini

Cogito
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Scott
Wasp
Lol. Red Skull.
Hal
Kyle
Split
Jessica

I can agree with most all of this, except you left out the last battle which Cage would win.

DarkSaint85
Oh shit, yeah. I just reckoned they'd be at the age they appear to be, rather than suddenly de-aging etc....

Cogito
^ Yeah, I ninja edited my post because I figured that would be lame.

Silent Master
Originally posted by jitay
Didn't Sue get shield training in an ff mini

She's also been trained by Iron-Fist

basilisk
IW trained briefly with IF. But Wasp has trained most of her career with Cap in the Avengers and I'm pretty sure Cap makes sure they get some H2H training.

Not sure about Kyle's proficiency, while Lois tends to be shown as having some ability and has Olsen to back her up here.

DarkSaint85
I picked Kyle because (pre FP) the ring kept him in peak human fitness. So he SHOULD be able to overpower the other two.

DarkSaint85
And as for the last match, Ben.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by basilisk

Scott, us older brothers gotta stick together.

Wasp has proven she can take a hit, but Sue has better h2h skills, courtesy Danny Rand.

3) Red Skull vs Magneto
Hard to say. Skull has pride on his side, but history has shown that you don't f*ck with the Jews and expect to live.

Hal, I'll take anyone in the military, even if it's the Airforce, over a scientist any day of the week.

If a military brat like Lois lost to an "artist", her father would never let her live it down. Jimmy could sit it out.

6) Cable vs Aquaman
Cable has been fighting for survival all his life, fishboy goes down hard.

Again I'll take anyone trained by the military over a glorified lab rat like Drew.

8) Cage vs Ben Grimm
Cage, when in doubt always bet on the black guy.

pym-ftw
Scott Summers solidly

Invisible Woman with ease

Red Skull in a near war crime

Green Lantern Hal

Lois Lane

Aquaman

Jessica Drew

Luke Cage

Tony Stark
Scott Summers
Invisible Woman
Red Skull
Hal
Kyle Rayner
Aquaman
Carol
Ben Grimm

Mindset
Why are people giving AM the win over Cable?

pym-ftw
Honest question; when has carol ever shown h2h skills?

Tony Stark
She was in the Military so she had to have gotten some h2h training

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Tony Stark
She was in the Military so she had to have gotten some h2h training So was Carol.

pym-ftw
Jess has shown solid h2h skills, and as a vet. myself believe me I've known a lot of people who couldn't fight worth a damn.

Odekahn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Jess has shown solid h2h skills, and as a vet. myself believe me I've known a lot of people who couldn't fight worth a damn.

Right. The same can be said about Martial Arts as well. If you aren't in a combat oriented style, you can technically be a "black belt" yet get your ass kicked by an average street punk.

Q99
Kyle has training from Batman and Donna, he's pretty solid in melee.

comicfan11
1) Scott Summers (martial arts, x-men, has shown he can take multiple assailants wearing a blindfold)

2) Invisible Woman (going with the majority here tbh, don't know much about their h2h skills)

3) Red Skull (military)

4) Green Lantern Hal (military, JL training)

5) Kyle Rayner (Batman, JL training)

6) Aquaman (Atlantean military - he was training them after he became king, Batman, Hawkman, JL training)

7) Carol Danvers (military)

8) Ben Grimm (boxing, military)

Uriel005
Originally posted by comicfan11
1) Scott Summers (martial arts, x-men, has shown he can take multiple assailants wearing a blindfold)

2) Invisible Woman (going with the majority here tbh, don't know much about their h2h skills)

3) Red Skull (military)

4) Green Lantern Hal (military, JL training)

5) Kyle Rayner (Batman, JL training)

6) Aquaman (Atlantean military - he was training them after he became king, Batman, Hawkman, JL training)

7) Carol Danvers (military)

8) Ben Grimm (boxing, military) without powers and assuming strength proportional to human limitation and skills acquired over their lifetimes and having them in their primes. I have to give Cable the nod over Aquaman. His entire life has been one struggle after another moving from one threat to the next for most of his life he's been on the run doing everything he could to survive while being handicapped by the TO virus. Aquaman is no slouch but at the same time you can't compare him to Cable's raw tenacity and scope of skills he has acquired in his lifetime. So in perfectly equal bodies I have to give it to the man whom even the big boss or solid snake would have to give the nod to.

If we are just making their bodies strength proportional to humans given their size Cable takes this hands down... and I'll win that argument with two words. Liefeld body.

http://www.heromachine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/newmutants-94-cover.jpg

vs. the most jacked aquaman I could find

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/7/7c/Aquaman_0034.jpg

edit: of course the tiny/constantly missing feet might be an Achilles heel

Q99

Yea, but... Cable's able to take on Deadpool in sparing matches. Aquaman's certainly good, but Nate may be better.

SamZED
@Uriel. I was about to disagree with you but you won me over by making a MGS reference.

Uriel005
Originally posted by SamZED
@Uriel. I was about to disagree with you but you won me over by making a MGS reference.

http://vnfa8y5n3zndutm1.zippykid.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Big-Boss-Salute.jpg

Never forget

comicfan11
Originally posted by Uriel005
without powers and assuming strength proportional to human limitation and skills acquired over their lifetimes and having them in their primes. I have to give Cable the nod over Aquaman. His entire life has been one struggle after another moving from one threat to the next for most of his life he's been on the run doing everything he could to survive while being handicapped by the TO virus. Aquaman is no slouch but at the same time you can't compare him to Cable's raw tenacity and scope of skills he has acquired in his lifetime. So in perfectly equal bodies I have to give it to the man whom even the big boss or solid snake would have to give the nod to.

If we are just making their bodies strength proportional to humans given their size Cable takes this hands down... and I'll win that argument with two words. Liefeld body.

http://www.heromachine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/newmutants-94-cover.jpg

vs. the most jacked aquaman I could find

http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/7/7c/Aquaman_0034.jpg

edit: of course the tiny/constantly missing feet might be an Achilles heel

Cable can certainly take it after a good fight.

The Liefeld argument made me LOL btw (although in all seriousness being smaller might work in AQ's advantage due to his agility. He usually does flip kicks and leaping attacks in combination with a lot of grapples and some MA's).

But yeah no problem with giving Cable the nod, after a good fight.

deathslash
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Scott, us older brothers gotta stick together.

Wasp has proven she can take a hit, but Sue has better h2h skills, courtesy Danny Rand.

Hard to say. Skull has pride on his side, but history has shown that you don't f*ck with the Jews and expect to live.

Hal, I'll take anyone in the military, even if it's the Airforce, over a scientist any day of the week.

If a military brat like Lois lost to an "artist", her father would never let her live it down. Jimmy could sit it out.

Cable has been fighting for survival all his life, fishboy goes down hard.

Again I'll take anyone trained by the military over a glorified lab rat like Drew.

Cage, when in doubt always bet on the black guy. 1.yeah, Scott has that fight
2.Sue is the better h2h combatant
3.you're joking right? Red Skull was thoroughly trained h2h by Taskmaster.
4.You do know that Barry recieved training in h2h by Batman right?
5. laughing Her father is dead though. Lois and jimmy win though.
6.I'm pretty certain that Cable could lose that fight(Aquaman is pretty good in h2h).
7.I can agree with you on that one
8.I think what you meant to say was always bet on black big grin

-Pr-
These are cage fight matchups, no prep, all combatants are completely de-powered. So if they had super strength or durability they have the strength, durability, & speed of a regular human of their size, build, and fitness.

Who wins?

3) Red Skull vs Magneto

6) Cable vs Aquaman

8) Cage vs Ben Grimm

Scott
Not sure
Skull
Hal
Rayner
Cable, though this is the closest fight of the lot for me, as Arthur can definitely make him work for it
Not sure
Grimm

deathslash

8) Luke Cage (boxing, street fighting, martial arts training from Iron Fist) fixed that for you

comicfan11
Originally posted by deathslash
fixed that for you

Yeah I won't argue.
Not that familiar with Cage's skills, but he certainly is a tough dude.
I hope Ben doesn't owe him any money before they fight
big grin

Uriel005
Yeah I won't argue.
Not that familiar with Cage's skills, but he certainly is a tough dude.
I hope Ben doesn't owe him any money before they fight
big grin anything over 5 dollars and its on... I mean Cage invaded Latveria and KO'd Doom for less than 100

edit: Not sure if it counts as part of his powerset.... Power to do anything to receive payment from unruly clients...

tijay
Originally posted by Uriel005
anything over 5 dollars and its on... I mean Cage invaded Latveria and KO'd Doom for less than 100

edit: Not sure if it counts as part of his powerset.... Power to do anything to receive payment from unruly clients...
thats not a powerset

thats our inherent ability

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by tijay
thats not a powerset

thats our inherent ability Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Uriel005
Originally posted by tijay
thats not a powerset

thats our inherent ability I think it gets disqualified similarly to how technically Superman doesn't have powers he has his peoples natural abilities and just happens to be in the top percentile of the bell curve for his people.

Raisen

Who wins?

1) Alex Summers vs Scott Summers=Scott

2) Wasp vs Invisible Woman=Toss Up

3) Red Skull vs Magneto=Red Skull

4) Green Lantern Hal vs Flash Barry Allen=Hal

5) Kyle Rayner vs Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane=Kyle

6) Cable vs Aquaman=Cable without a question IMO

7) Carol Danvers vs Jessica Drew=Jessica in a close one

8) Cage vs Ben Grimm=Ben

DarkSaint85
Scott
Wasp
Lol. Red Skull.
Hal
Kyle
Split
Jessica

Scott - we all know his MA and sensory skills etc.
Wasp - going with her Cap training, plus her life in the Microverse where she had to fend for herself.
Red Skull - we all know why
Hal - GL H2H training, plus military service. In addition, Barry would be at a significant disadvantage as his powers are more of a crutch for him.
Kyle - the ring keeps him in tip top condition, plus:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/59300/3127802-3509106416-Sines.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/59300/3127803-7425520684-Bat%252.jpg

Fap indeed.

Split - Cable's experience should balance out Aquaman's training and (relative) lack of experience.
Jessica - trained by Hydra, SHIELD, Cap, Taskmaster, SWORD...yeah.
Ben - wrestling champ, Air Force training, plus street fighting on Yancy Street.

Mindset
Someone post some Aquaman MA feats so I can laugh in your face.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindset
Someone post some Aquaman MA feats so I can laugh in your face.

Comicfan11 has them, I believe.

basilisk
Jessica Drew beat Silver Samurai in a H2H duel without powers. Not sure what H2H showings Carol has had.

StiltmanFTW
Jessica Drew beat Silver Samurai in a H2H duel without powers. Not sure what H2H showings Carol has had.

No. She still had her powers, she was just drugged.

basilisk
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
No. She still had her powers, she was just drugged.

Well, at least she couldn't glide, climb, or fire venom blasts and things like that. Not sure about her strength because she seemed to think he was strong enough to possibly break her holds. But it showed she could fight a bit anyway.

StiltmanFTW
Agreed, it was somewhat of a skill showing.

Samurai could've used either strength or skill to get out of the hold, it's not clarified. Both are viable options for him considering he was stated to be Class 10 in Elektra series.

Iirc, the drugs were wearing off near the end and she surprised Harada with a powerful combo-to-KO.

--
Anyway, I'd give Jessica the win over Danvers.

StiltmanFTW

Who wins?

3) Red Skull vs Magneto

6) Cable vs Aquaman

8) Cage vs Ben Grimm

1 - Scott.

2 - Sue.

3 - Ouch. Skull...

4 - Hal?

5 - Kyle.

6 - Cable fts...

7 - Drew.

8 - Tough one, but I think I'd give it to Cage...

DarkSaint85
1 - Scott.

2 - Sue.

3 - Ouch. Skull...

4 - Hal?

5 - Kyle.

6 - Cable fts...

7 - Drew.

8 - Tough one, but I think I'd give it to Cage...

I've been seeing a lot of Sue over Janet votes - is Sue that good? Or is she just better than Janet?

You seem to be the one in the know over Marvel streets/H2H combatants.

StiltmanFTW
I've been seeing a lot of Sue over Janet votes - is Sue that good? Or is she just better than Janet?

You seem to be the one in the know over Marvel streets/H2H combatants.

Sue's sparring with Lord Rand is above anything Wasp has done, imho.

StiltmanFTW
1. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8Yga8VWS_zU/UiUcBlrhSYI/AAAAAAAARTc/DSetTe9X4jU/s1600/ff6_1.jpg
2. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-b5sIyZFfSLA/UiUcFDfUwTI/AAAAAAAARTk/jlUvGbziQ9c/s1600/ff6_2-3.jpg
3. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PuhCBZjrDr0/UiUcI1AjIyI/AAAAAAAARTs/l0m1V25jkMc/s1600/ff6_4.gif
4. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/73033/1469376-iw4.jpg

SamZED
That's canon????

Tony Stark
That's canon????

Yup

StiltmanFTW
That's canon????

Yes.

Pretty easy fight. Janet only knows how to get manhandled and slapped by crazy Pym in all possible realities...

pym-ftw
Against Hank "Judo" Pym, Jan had no chance

Uriel005
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Against Hank "Judo" Pym, Jan had no chance I thought pym mastered Pimp-Fu... regardless its a bit unfair to Janet. She's been conditioned to receive the pimp-hand regardless of her abilities.

Bouboumaster

Who wins?

3) Red Skull vs Magneto

6) Cable vs Aquaman

8) Cage vs Ben Grimm

1- Scott
2- Reed's wife because she's Reed's wife
3- Red Skull stomp
4- Hal
5- Kyle
6- Cable shitstomp Aquaman, like, crazy
7- Danvers
8- I'm gonna go with Grimm. He knows boxing, so...

Mindset
1. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8Yga8VWS_zU/UiUcBlrhSYI/AAAAAAAARTc/DSetTe9X4jU/s1600/ff6_1.jpg
2. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-b5sIyZFfSLA/UiUcFDfUwTI/AAAAAAAARTk/jlUvGbziQ9c/s1600/ff6_2-3.jpg
3. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PuhCBZjrDr0/UiUcI1AjIyI/AAAAAAAARTs/l0m1V25jkMc/s1600/ff6_4.gif
4. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/73033/1469376-iw4.jpg Lol at this bullshit.

Rao Kal El
Who wins?

1) Alex Summers vs Scott Summers: SCOTT

2) Wasp vs Invisible Woman: SUE

3) Red Skull vs Magneto: RED SKULL

4) Green Lantern Hal vs Flash Barry Allen: HAL

5) Kyle Rayner vs Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane: LOIS LANE

6) Cable vs Aquaman: CABLE

7) Carol Danvers vs Jessica Drew: NOT SURE BUT I PAY TO SEE IT IN MUD

8) Cage vs Ben Grimm: GRIMM

jitay
4. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/73033/1469376-iw4.jpg

Did Sue just no sold and laugh off an iron fist punch

Dayum

DarkSaint85
Seems legit, she was using powers (invisible weapons etc). She could well have put a force field up st the last moment?

Mindset
Originally posted by jitay
Did Sue just no sold and laugh off an iron fist punch

Dayum No.

Can you not see the force field?

deathslash
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
8- I'm gonna go with Grimm. He knows boxing, so... Luke knows boxing, street fighting and Iron Fist has taught him pretty good amount martial arts, so.....

jitay
Originally posted by Mindset
No.

Can you not see the force field?

Oh my fone is shit

That's still a good ffield feat though

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by deathslash
Luke knows boxing, street fighting and Iron Fist has taught him pretty good amount martial arts, so.....

Ben knows "street fighting" too, and I think he's a more efficient boxer that Luke

deathslash
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Ben knows "street fighting" too, and I think he's a more efficient boxer that Luke confused And as for the martial arts differential?

DarkSaint85
How skilled is Cage, exactly? OK, he's had training under IF - but if he's a sh!t student, that means nothing.

Ben was also a high school wrestling champion, IIRC. Plus Air Force stuff. So I doubt the MA skill gap is there, if at all.

deathslash
How skilled is Cage, exactly? OK, he's had training under IF - but if he's a sh!t student, that means nothing.

Ben was also a high school wrestling champion, IIRC. Plus Air Force stuff. So I doubt the MA skill gap is there, if at all. Let's put it this way, before he was even trained by Danny he was putting down bricks like Rhino and Ironclad. After he was trained by Danny, he could at least go toe to toe with characters like the hulk, and Wonderman. He was specifically trained by Danny to be able to take on and beat people that are stronger, faster, or more skilled than him.

Raisen
Al Sharpton actually made a big stink about Black characters not getting representation. He threatened a law suit; that's why Cage got a huge push out of nowhere. I'm assuming most people don't know this tho. Cage's showings in the last few years are equivalent to the Loeb Force....Sharpton Farce.

JayDaDon
Regarding the Ben/Luke fight, Ben destroyed a gang of like 6 guys with his bare hands when he was depowered and was excited to do it. Pretty good depowered feat for him.

deathslash
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Regarding the Ben/Luke fight, Ben destroyed a gang of like 6 guys with his bare hands when he was depowered and was excited to do it. Pretty good depowered feat for him. I'm pretty certain I recall Luke fighting off about five gang members when he was still just an adolescent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.