Link vs. Drizzt Do'Urden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
I realize I'm on a streak of posting fights involving Drizzt, but oh well, I'm going to post this one anyway.

The two meet in Hyrule.

Link gets the Master Sword, the Hylian Shield, the Gale Boomerang, the Magic Armor, and 20 of each type of Arrow he has (Fire, Ice, Light, Bomb, Regular, and Silver).

Drizzt gets his globe of impenetrable darkness summoning ability, Faerie fire, Twinkle, Icingdeath, the enchanted anklets, Guenhwyvar's statue, Mithril Armor, and Taulmaril (Unlimited Arrows).

I've given the descriptions of Drizzt's weaponry and abilities enough times for people to know what each item does, so if you want to know what they do, find one of my other posts with Drizzt.

Two rounds:
1. Guenhwyvar is not involved
2. Guenhwyvar is involved

Who wins, and why do they win? Please support your reasons.

jmoul
NOTE: This is Forgotten Realms version of Drizzt, not the game version.

ScreamPaste
Which Link? Most of them will seriously one shot Drizzt. Drizzt's magic abilities are completely moot due to the Master Sword's ability to dispel magic, and in fact, reflect it back at it's caster. His mithril will not protect him from most Link's strengths and I do not believe Drizzt is fast enough to hang with Link in combat even if he were strong enough to parry a blow or durable enough to survive one.

Link's arrows probably end this before melee. The ice arrows have frozen active volcanoes, the fire arrows have ended centuries long blizzards, the light arrows are made of demigods with regional+ power, and are above the other two in power, but shouldn't hurt a good guy as badly as they would. Link's normal arrows pierce magically enhanced stone and the walls of tornadoes created by gods of tornadoes, mithril will not help, and Link won't miss.

jmoul
I'll say it's Twilight Princess version of Link.

jmoul
Also, Drizzt has Taulmaril, and it has a limitless supply of arrows and pinpoints the target's hearts. It has shot through 5 enemies at once, and it shoots out lightning bolts. I think, with his stealth and his impenetrable darkness globes (which he can anchor to Link's face, effectively blinding him), Drizzt can see Link with Infravision, could win just through cunning and strategy in the bow contest.

ScreamPaste
TP Link is more durable than five people, and Drizzt isn't anchoring anything magical to Link, whose sword can cut through darkness anyway. TP Link doesn't get the magic arrows typically, but he doesn't need them because of the hax as shit draw strength on his bow. Even if Link had no way to get rid of the darkness, and he does, he could shift into a wolf to use his other senses.

jmoul
Link may be able to cut through typical darkness, but Drizzt summons IMPENETRABLE darkness.

Also, it doesn't matter if Link has a "hax as shit draw strength on his bow." Drizzt has dodged many arrows without his enchanted anklets, and those speed up his footwork even more, so even though Link has a really strong bow strength, and he is really accurate, it isn't likely that he will hit a target that is moving as fast as Drizzt.

ScreamPaste
No, Link cuts through magical darkness that polymorphs creatures not native to the twilight realm, lol. That is not typical darkness. D&D Darkness is relatively easy to dispel, Link's carrying an epic level artifact that will completely neutralize the darkness.

You severely underestimate Link's arrows. We're talking mach 15+ spears of doom being shot by a guy who can hit an inch thick wooden pole from the opposite end of a canyon. Long ways.

To put it gently, this thread is a terrible mismatch.

jmoul
Put that way, I completely agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.