Darth Malak vs. Jaden Korr and Desann

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who wins? Why?

Jmanghan
Jaden Korr single-handedly takes this since all Malak is known for is getting his ass beat multiple times by Revan, defeating Bastila, and shooting on Revan's Flagship.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lolno. Malak lost to Revan before the former's prime, proceeded to hand Revan his ass on the Leviathan, then lost to Revan in a very close fight (admittedly Malak was being amped by teh jedi masters) on the star forge, where Revan was considered, "more powerful than he ever was during his reign as the dark lord."

Nephthys
Jaden might be able to solo.

Sorry bro.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lolno. Malak lost to Revan before the former's prime, proceeded to hand Revan his ass on the Leviathan, then lost to Revan in a very close fight (admittedly Malak was being amped by teh jedi masters) on the star forge, where Revan was considered, "more powerful than he ever was during his reign as the dark lord."

What do you mean "handed Revan his ass on the Leviathan"? Malak kept getting beaten and than Bastila stepped in.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
Jaden might be able to solo.

Sorry bro.

It's possible. However how proficient is Jaden with the force? I know he's skilled with a lightsaber.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Jmanghan
What do you mean "handed Revan his ass on the Leviathan"? Malak kept getting beaten and than Bastila stepped in.

Malak got the advantage twice with his force abilities. Malak legitimately bests Revan. He then muses that he could solo Revan, Bastila, and Carth.

Jmanghan
Malak got the advantage twice with his force abilities. Malak legitimately bests Revan. He then muses that he could solo Revan, Bastila, and Carth.

Yet it's specifically said time and time again that Revan is more powerful than Malak, even by the Masters of the Order on Dantooine. You can't seriously think that Malak could take Revan... Revan has and always will be superior to him in every form of combat or knowledge. It's shown by the end of Revan's "Training" with Bastila, he was smacking her around with a sword like he wasn't even trying, which means as he was JUST getting retrained, he bested Bastila back then. Also, so Malak used Force Stasis and Force Whirlwind, doesn't mean he's superior, point is, Revan kept defeating him, Malak kept running away, Bastila steps in telling Revan to find the Star forge, thats it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Maybe I should just link it. Skip to 8:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLjd0XNsa4A

So lemme get this straight: Malak overwhelming Revan with his force abilities doesn't show superiority? lol.

Jmanghan
Maybe I should just link it. Skip to 8:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLjd0XNsa4A

So lemme get this straight: Malak overwhelming Revan with his force abilities doesn't show superiority? lol. Truly I apologize, I had forgotten, but let's not forget this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nadjOgSYFU4

http://whitsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Troll_Face.png

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
True. However Revan at that point>Jaden or Desann. Plus, per Karpyshyn, it was a very close fight, with Revan scraping the victory. But Malak was being amped by teh masters, so i'm not sure who wins this fight.

Jmanghan
True. However Revan at that point>Jaden or Desann. Plus, per Karpyshyn, it was a very close fight, with Revan scraping the victory. But Malak was being amped by teh masters, so i'm not sure who wins this fight. Jaden does have recoqnizable force abilities, though very few.

He easily moved a Giant Pillar on Korriban.

That's about all I can think of atm. But gimme a few days and I might be able to come up with more.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yeah, i'd like to see some Jaden force feats.

Allankles
He held off a Rakatan force entity's force crush, although the book suggests that it would have drained his defenses in time.

He pushed a giant boulder with the force so hard and fast on Chandrilla that it looked like it weighed the same as a pillow - killing a dark jedi.

He pulled an emergency pod that had a sentient away from a ships lasers, before returning said ships turbo laser with his lightsaber killing Nyss Nenn's partner in the process.

And as you've been told he pushed a giant pillar on Korriban, turning it into a bridge. He also shows his force power through his leaps, escaping the sabotaged bridge at the Jedi tomb for instance.

His force lightning is also said to be powerful enough to one shot a flesh and blood type as in his fight with Alpha.

Petrus
And Leviathan Revan vs. Malak really doesn't tell us very much about Malak's strength, considering end-game Revan is more powerful.

Firefly218
Malak would lose despite his force capabilities

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
apparently Malak as the reigning dark lord was a master of Juyo per Karpyshyn, and a master of Djem So as a jedi.

Nephthys
Unsurprising. Its what I'd have guessed for him.

Where did he say this?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
the thing that surprised me was master

edit: ask NewGuy001, he found it.

Allankles
Malak is obviously an adept warrior - he's a freakin force sensitive afterall, and in terms of power, was never lacking really.

What makes this a solo victory for Jaden is that he could face a paragon of the Sith like Ragnos as a kid;
Face force entities as a doubtful jedi master - and still prevail.
Not because of being uberz, but because he cares about preserving life and is also adept at making the right decisions in crisis - whether he's fighting or not.

This is the hallmark of a top tier Jedi.

Petrus
Force ghosts are considerably less powerful than their fleshy counterparts, though. The Ragnos he faced was by no means the Ragnos that ruled the Sith for more than a century.
If there was no power difference between Force ghosts and their living versions, then Exar Kun for his all power was defeated by a group of Padawans.

So, no.

And all Jedi and Sith are Force-sensitive... That's a moot point.

Allankles
There's nothing that suggest spirits are less powerful, they're just not stable in the physical plane since it's much more dense. Spirits are also freer and no longer bound by the physical laws (as long as they're not dispersed).

I don't think he was at his full power either, but your arguments reek of excuses.

Allankles
And I meant he (Malak) was a fully trained Jedi, vis-a-vis, he was a skilled combatant.
And being a Jedi Knight already puts you in the elite (as far as the galaxy's warriors are concerned), it appears some people have forgotten that here.

Nephthys
You know theres a button to edit your posts for if you think of something else you want to say.

Petrus
Originally posted by Allankles
There's nothing that suggest spirits are less powerful, they're just not stable in the physical plane since it's much more dense. Spirits are also freer and no longer bound by the physical laws (as long as they're not dispersed).

I don't think he was at his full power either, but your arguments reek of excuses.

My arguments don't reek of excuses. It's only logical. It's stupid to think a full-powered in-the-flesh Exar Kun would've even struggled against a bunch of untrained Padawans. His spirit is obviously much less powerful, and the same can be said about Marka Ragnos's spirit and other notable examples.
I mean, if Sidious was equally powerful or capable as a Sith spirit then why even attempt to live on forever? If, as you say, they have the 'advantage' of no longer being bound by the limits of physical laws, why even bother? Your argument is flawed, not mine. No spirit has ever demonstrated to be as capable and powerful as their fleshy and very much alive versions, so the burden of proof is on you.

And you're contradicting yourself. You say there's nothing to suggest spirits are less powerful and then you continue by saying you don't think he was at full-power. Unless you think there's another reason other than being a spirit?

And I meant he (Malak) was a fully trained Jedi, vis-a-vis, he was a skilled combatant.
And being a Jedi Knight already puts you in the elite (as far as the galaxy's warriors are concerned), it appears some people have forgotten that here.

Yeah, but in this case he's fighting other Force-sensitive elites, as you put it... So the same can be said about them. I don't see what your point is here.

Allankles
Originally posted by Petrus

And you're contradicting yourself. You say there's nothing to suggest spirits are less powerful and then you continue by saying you don't think he was at full-power. Unless you think there's another reason other than being a spirit?

I already countered your earlier statements so you're repeating yourself. I meant that when he's flesh and blood he has full access to his sceptre, as he did in the long past but while he was a spirit, he did not.
Simple. So he was indeed less powerful, doesn't mean he wasn't powerful or some choir boy version of his former self - CRIPES! He even had Tavion empowering him for an unknown amount of time.

Originally posted by Petrus
Yeah, but in this case he's fighting other Force-sensitive elites, as you put it... So the same can be said about them. I don't see what your point is here.

The point I was making, is that - the point I made about Malak's skill was cool, in on itself - you didn't have to argument on it.

Stealth Moose
I already countered your earlier statements so you're repeating yourself. I meant that when he's flesh and blood he has full access to his sceptre, as he did in the long past but while he was a spirit, he did not.
Simple. So he was indeed less powerful, doesn't mean he wasn't powerful or some choir boy version of his former self - CRIPES! He even had Tavion empowering him for an unknown amount of time.

I grant that the sceptre was not an innate part of Ragnos and is likely part of his reputation as a Force user in live. Without his buffs, he may be weaker. Perhaps this explains the weakness of Kun too; lack of amulets to increase his strength. It's also possible that Force spirits are a mere fraction of the being they once were, as the Force draws from life and they exist outside of it. Somewhere, possibly in TOR, it references dead Sith including Ragnos as living in a Void of sorts or some dimension of chaos and darkness. Perhaps they can only project a limited amount of their power at a time.

If Force spirits are not at all weaker than their flesh-and-blood forms, why would Tavion need to do anything to revive Ragnos? Why bother? If he was not seriously compromised, why would Luke care about Ragnos taking form again? Why would Ragnos be unable to do this himself without aid? This last point is kind of strange considering that Ragnos has materialized no less than four times across the galaxy before JA took place. You could chalk it up to general inconsistency, but the implication JA presents us with is that Ragnos needs a ritual and augmentation to take living form and reassume his old level of power. Nothing implies that his spirit was anywhere near normal strength.

Allankles
You're getting caught up in details. There are so many permutations to how a Spirit being can threaten a mortal, imperil him, doom him and ultimately kill him.

He wanted to be flesh and blood for the first time in 5000 long years: you bet your bottom dollar the Jedi would be scared.

The only great difference is he's not stable in the physical plane without a physical body. His astral form just isn't stable enough, and despite his presence in the force, he can easily be dispersed still, by the physical living force user.

Allankles
He could easily have picked up the sword as a Spirit and fought him, Nazgul style. But he would have been super vulnerable to any destructive or forceful force attack.

Nephthys
No he couldn't. And no he wouldn't. Normal Force attacks do ****all to spirits and just pass right through them:

HuyzXoJ9kl8

6DYYl9G9nds

Nice power in that lightning btw. Thats going in Nox' respect thread.

If Ragnos had wanted to, he could likely have easily killed Jaden as a spirit and there wouldn't have been anything he could do about it. I'm not even sure if you can defend against them with regular Force defenses. If lightning just passes through them.....

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Perhaps they can only project a limited amount of their power at a time.

Kind of. Kallig says its very costly to actually do stuff as a spirit and says a few times that he'll need to recover after doing stuff. At the least I know he says its hard for him to materialise on your ship that time he visits you there.

But their power seems unaffected to me. They are still really powerful, just highly limited in ways that make being corporeal obviously worth it.

Allankles
Exactly, the fight was only a beginning not an end on itself, even a powerful cannibalistic ancient Sith Lord might sometimes feel some kinship with a Jedi kid warrior.

Petrus

I countered back, you just chose to ignore it. And I only said they were much less powerful, not that spirits weren't powerful at all. It's just that you said this:

There's nothing that suggest spirits are less powerful,

And then:

So he was indeed less powerful,

So yeah.

And as Neph has said, they are indeed powerful, but what I meant by what I said is exactly that: they are much more limited as Force spirits, and thus, aren't as powerful. Limited = not as powerful as in the flesh. Or better said, not nearly as efficient combatwise.

Stealth Moose
Allankles is impervious to reason, don't wear yourself out.

And good catch, Neph. I haven't played the SI storyline in awhile. I wish you could replay story missions upon completion, because they are the highlight of the game.

Allankles
Civil disagreement.wink Agreement to disagree.

The Force is magic already, you don't need to sophistize it with D&D style gimmickos.

Plus the NJO would have a deep understanding of the quantum and relative dynamics of the force, they are afterall also more tech based and booksmart than some of the oldies.

Some part of Ragnos would have respected the young Kor, for both his bravery and his still prevailing bit of innocence. It might have been like seeing a young Tenebrous again, except a non evil version.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm not even sure if you can defend against them with regular Force defenses. If lightning just passes through them.....

Actually Neph, it looks like you might be right. In the Inquisitor campaign, when asked how to get past an angry ghost, Ergast says that there is no defense against death, which sounds to my ears like an admission that you can't really defend against them.

As usual, your intuition and beauty astounds me. My compliments. <3

ares834
Nah, there is. Sith Spirits have been bested before. Although, it's usually through more metaphysical means.

Nephthys
Well yeah, they can be defeated. But Ergast does seem to be suggesting that theres not really a way to block their attacks.

Jmanghan
Does that mean that TFU: USE is trolling us? I know it's Obi-Wan's Force Ghost and he happens to be a jedi, but still o-o (The only one worth buying is TFU for the PSP, btw)

Stealth Moose
TFU is garbage story-wise, but if it's cheap, I guess. Get it.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
TFU is garbage story-wise, but if it's cheap, I guess. Get it.

No, what I meant was... In TFU: USE you use force powers to literally kill Obi-Wan's force ghost after killing Obi-Wan. It's strange...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.